• Rating 4.42/10 13 reviews

Merkor, Inc. is not a merchant member
    Merkor, Inc. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Merkor, Inc. contact information

"Shipping was prompt. Although the monitor was stated to be in "grade A" condition the case of the monitor had some seroius scatches and nicks (although the screen was complete unscratched or damage). Overall experience was decent, although I was a little disappointed in the condition of the chassis."

modified review This review was modified by Mher6 on January 13 2006 06:15:57 PM

"Purchased a 21 inch monitor from these guys. Shipping was faster than expected. Upon receiving the monitor, I noticed the base was cracked and the CRT had been scratched. I then called Merkortech and talked to one of the associates there. At first, he blamed FedEx for the damages, even though it was apparent it had been :repaired" at Merkortech(crack had been glued). I then asked to speak to a supervisor(Alex). Alex was a lot more helpful. He agreed to send me another monitor , and I would just have to switch the monitor out and they would take care of the shipping. New monitor has some scratches here and there on the plastic, but, the CRT is in perfect condition which is all I care about anyways. "

"Merkor is great as far as Im concerned.

I purchased a 21" monitor from Merkortech. A P260. I noticed it had problems so 4 months later I asked them to replace it.

With no questions asked they replaced the monitor (with a better model because they were out of the 260)

First rate personal service

"good service, and fast.
the service post sale is exelent and prices competitives

"I bought two grade A 21" monitors, and am very happy. I got an HP P1110 for my wife (mostly a desktop user), and a Sony CPD-G500 for myself (mostly for gaming and home office work). Both arrived on the same day, only eight days after ordering. Packaging was nice, all cables included, and the monitors were in good shape. There are some minor dings in the cases, but I expected that. There's a crack in the base of my Sony, but I just turned that to the back since the tube is in excellent shape."

"I ordered Nec FE1250 Monitor the next day the russian old man called me and confirmed the shipping, like some old russian jewish man and I didnt like sound of it... Ok in 3 days my monitor was shipped Monitor should be Grade A (like new) condition instead it had a lot of scratches on surface and on screen plus i turned it on it had blur image , sunburn spots , color changing, dead pixels (more than 6 for sure) well I looked at back of monitor I thought i maybe can bypass their customer service and Send it for replacement directly to NEC-MITSUBISHI but it was said October 2000 exectly 3 years :( so i called them asked for refunding money they said they will contact fedex and once they will get my monitor they will return money 1 week later i called them ask where is fedex they said that they were too busy etc... and they said they will decide untill next day. The next day this old man contacted me and said that they have Return Policy in which if i want to return their product i have to pay full shipping and handling and they will charge me 20% off the price of this monitor so of course i said i want replacement. 2 weeks later (now) after they got my monitor they still dont send me and ive read reviews i already afraid to think of something that can happen like they will send me bad monitor or different monitor etc... Im very dissatisfied with this company I wouldnt recomend anyone to deal with them and i wouldnt buy anything from them in future. Why those kind of stores are still out there??? Cant someone close it down ? Alot of people wasted their money on them i think they deserv to be closed down.

"Russian Roulette! Monitor died in first month. Exchange unit was to be a Sony; got a Dell. Took 2 weeks to send it. Hard to communicate with. If you get a good monitor, you will be happy; if not, you have wasted your time and money (high FedEx shipping rates). Short warrantee (30 days exchange only). I won't buy here again."

"Monitor was not as described and they refused to pay for shipping for something I did not order. Their attitude was less than satisfactory.

They insisted that UPS damaged the product but the packaging was poor and there was no cable included. The monitor case was cracked.

I contacted the Better Business Bureau and after several months I was able to get Merkor to credit my CC for the amount of the original transaction.

I also complained to pricewatch.com and I'm shocked they are still doing business because of all the negative comments about this company floating around the Internet. I wish I had done a little research first. I've learned my lesson.

As stated before the dispute was resolved but it was a significantly time-consuming ordeal and a real hassle!

CHECK OUT THE OHIO BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU ON THIS COMPANY. THEY HAVE MANY COMPLAINTS!

modified review This review was modified by rr37029 on January 22 2004 07:36:10 PM

"I am at this point satisfied with my dealings and will update this post as more information becomes available, my reason for posting is to share information with others. I purchased 2 monitors from Merkor on my brothers recommendation he has also purchased 2 for his business. At this time 3 of the 4 are working great, but GMD20E21SGI is flickering for the first hour or more after I turn it on. The picture goes from normal to a darker (not blacked out) and back again. It does go away after it has been on for a long time but it is getting worse as far as amount of times per minuet and the length of time before it stops.
I am on the understanding that it came with a 6 month warranty but that is not reflected on my receipt. I would have liked to seen that in writing of course I didn’t notice till I had an issue.
I have e-mailed Merkor and not gotten a response yet but it has only been 24 hours, so today I called as soon as I was able to verify that no response was e-mailed to me. My name and number was taken and I am looking forward to a call tomorrow.
I do want to go on the record that the monitors were both in good shape upon arrival, packed very well, and sent out faster that I expected.
I will update as more info becomes available.
Walt K.
Update 10/30
I received an RMA today and will be sending out tomorrow.
Update 10/31
The bad one is on the way out
update 10/4
No word yet

modified review This review was modified by walt6565 on November 05 2003 06:05:16 PM

"Monitors were advertised as "new", the monitors we received were refurbished with obvious external damage, in addition to which one of the monitors had a caved in power switch. We called the company to verify the "new" status of the items prior to ordering, and were assured thet they were "unused" and in perfect condition."

"I order a Sont 21" Trinitron. Model CPD-5410. Sun branded. Great price. Fast shipping. Monitor picture/quality is great. Top left of the monitor case/housing is messed up. Might have been melted or something dropped on it. Damage not significant and does not affect the monitor's picture but it would have been nice to know about the defect before I purchased. I am keeping the monitor. 1 year warranty is a plus.
On the down side, every time I called th company for any reason, an answering machince picked up. I called to confirm that 1 year warranty was official. I called to check on certain specifications of the monitor. I called to see what the packaging method was. No one ever answered.
They do some very nice expanding liquid foam packaging.
Over all, a pretty good experience but not the best. The price more than made up for any other issues though. $290 shipped.

modified review This review was modified by keetha3 on October 24 2003 06:13:07 AM

"Very easy transaction. I purchased a Dell P1130 21" flat screen monitor, arrived within 3 days in perfect condition. Everything went very smoothly and now I'm the proud owner of an awesome monitor. Excellent price (shipping was a bit high, though). Very satisfied."

"Ordered a Dell P1130 21" Trinitron monitor. Received the unit within normal shipping time (about a week).

The unit has no physical blemishes whatsoever, but it has image quality issues. When I first received the unit, the main issue wasn't very visible, but it has grown over time. Because the issue wasn't very noticable when I first got the monitor, I figured it wasn't worth the hassle of trying to get it resolved, but because it has only gotten worse I have had to start taking action.

Basically, there are faint 'ghost' lines (not because of it being a Trinitron tube) that wave out horizontally from any hard edge on the screen. It is most visible when there is a white background with a black foreground (i.e. I can see "ghost" images of each letter that I am typing). It has gotten so bad that text is nearly unreadable (in fact, I have had to resort to typing the rest of this on my 4-year old 17" MAG monitor).

I have e-mailed Merkor twice about this issue over the last few weeks, without any response. I work every day during their business hours, so I am unable to call them to complain.

Over-all, the price was right, but the product is horrendus. I have not had ANY action taken by Merkor Inc., despite my repeated attempts to contact them. Count me in as VERY DISAPPOINTED. Even if Merkor DOES try to rectify this situation I am afraid that I will be forced to pay for shipping to get the unit replaced, which will be a substantial amount due to the fact that this monitor weighs nearly 75lbs.