Menards Reviews - menards.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 4.06/10 8 reviews

Menards is not a merchant member
Menards does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"Menards has the most unacceptable customer service, I have ever experienced. Especially at the Fridley location. "

modified review This review was modified by maro0-041 on March 21 2014 07:47:52 AM

"I ordered insulation from Menards on line. What a mistake after waiting 5 weeks and still no product I tried to cancel. They said the order was to far along. Was promised it would be here in 1 week. Well now 1 week has turned into 2 never again will I order anything from Menards on line they have no phone number to call all this is done in e-mails what a joke!"

"Good price, reasonable shipping charge, quick shipping. Item is as pictured. No trouble; I'm satisfied."

"Do not use their on line services. The products are not what they are described to be and you can never speak with an actual person. My goods were damaged in transit and all I am getting is a run around"

Rating 6/103/5

"In an age when companies like Amazon and so many others can ship a million different products within a day of an order being placed, I am amazed that I have NEVER had an order from Menards leave their warehouse in less than a week. They are sort of the Wal-Mart of hardware stores without the ultra low price benefit. Certainly not my go-to unless I have no other choice."

Rating 8/104/5

"I ordered a T3 (jumbo) mailbox online from Menards. None of the local stores carried the large ones for a decent price (even eBay was more). The website said it would take 6-8 days for the item to ship. I only know I received it about two weeks after I placed the order. I'm not sure exactly how long it took to get to the carrier since I never received any shipment info. In fact, if I look up my order right now, it still shows the item staged at a Menards warehouse in another state even though I've received it.

Menards wasn't the very best price I could find after shipping and tax, but the other websites I found with lower prices were no-name companies and wouldn't respond to my emails. I decided to pay a little more and go with a trusted company in case there were any problems. There weren't any issues with the item, but I've bought enough items online to know that saving a few more dollars isn't worth it if the item arrives damaged or broken and I can't get customer service to contact me back.

"I ordered a product on 11/8 and paid in full, my credit card was charged the same day. Two weeks later I checked the status of the order online was "on hold in store". I emailed customer service to determine the problem and never recieved a response. Three weeks from the order I phoned customer service, twice I was disconnected. On the third phone attempt I reached an agent that did not provide an explanation to the delay and would not answer any of my questions. I never received the order, but did get a refund."

"I ordered 3 bath/kitchen fixtures, including what I believed to be a Price Pfister tub & shower set, from Menards.com on 12/31/10. They were likely closeouts and the prices were OUTSTANDING (2/3-3/4 off retail). Shipping came in at just under $10--not great, but certainly acceptable. Overall, still a fantastic bargain. They were shipped-out on 1/4/11 and I had them by 1/6/11--a little slow but, again, acceptable.

Upon inspection, I noticed a problem. The tub & shower set was a shower-only set. I contacted Menards.com's customer service department early on 1/7/11 and received a response later that day from Marie. She was both courteous and professional, apologizing for the error and assuring me she would look into it. I didn't hear back from her for several days and started to worry a little.

On 1/11/11 I arrived home and found a package at my door. It was the replacement for the shower set. I check my email and find a response from Marie informing me that the replacement had been sent out and another email with a link to a printable prepaid FedEx waybill. That's four days between initial contact and a replacement at my door, all without having to jump through any hoops or pay for a hot-ship. I was extremely impressed by this, to say the least.

I open the package, only to find another shower-only set. Sigh. I decided that the error lay with the product listing on the website--either item number or the posted image of the item was wrong (the description had been somewhat vague)--and not with the order-picking/shipping folks.

Early 1/13/2010, I contacted Marie again, explaining the repeat error. I assured her that I knew the issue lay with the website, not her, and that I still greatly appreciated her efforts. I attached a copy of the image of the item from the website, explaining how it was the item I had expected to receive, and the difference between it and the items I actually did receive. Once again, Marie replied the very same day, apologizing and assuring the issue would be resolved.

Okay, she did pretty darn good last time (remember, the error wasn't her's), so I figured she'd do pretty good again. I had no idea. The (second) replacement arrived, the correct item this time, the very next day. Allow me to repeat that--THE VERY NEXT DAY!! That's right, she tracked-down the correct part number, ordered it from the manufacturer, and had it overnighted to me, all in ONE DAY.

Did I mention that, once again, this was done without making me go through any sort of RMA, file claim, or any other process? That I paid nothing beyond my original item purchase? That it was done without any excuses, stalling or need for prompting from me? Nope, there was a problem and Marie took care of it, quickly and professionally. That simple.

In closing, let me just say that my overall experience with Menards.com, and Marie in particular, has been the single finest example of customer service I have ever received from an online vendor (and I shop Newegg), or could ever hope to. Granted, mistakes were made, but I cannot even begin to imagine any way to improve on how they were handled.

With people like Marie on the team, Menards.com gets my highest recommendation!