Stores > Menards

• Menards

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

2016-09-21

"Ordered kitchen cabinets and counter top from the Ralston location. One base cabinet was missing. A wall cabinet was damaged. The counter top template, which I was charged for, had the wrong dimensions. It took weeks to get everything straightened out. They did not reimburse the counter top charge for the wrong template. The only reason I made the purchase was the manufacture had a sale.
The only reason I gave them one star is because zero was not an option.

This review was modified by Tlo1608 on September 21 2016 03:12:48 AM

2016-08-04

Outrageous shipping charges, and a horrible return policy

"I recommend against shopping at Menards as they have outrageous shipping charges, and a horrible return policy.

I bought two items, each weighing less than 3 ounces; let’s say the combined shipping is 7 ounces. The items cost $10. The shipping: $9. That’s an additional 90%.

What it should be: USPS first class shipping cost is $1.99. Add an exaggerated $1 for the envelope and you now have $3; I’d tolerate $4 or $5. So their business model is to make a 200% profit on basic shipping.

One of the items I ordered was the wrong part so a return was necessary. My TOTAL cost to return via the USPS was under $2. But these gougers demand you only use Fedex, which carries a charge of $9; what gives them the right to tell me how to spend my money? On top of that, Menards will charge me a 25% restocking fee. Outrageous.

Do yourself a favor and find your parts elsewhere so you can save money on the purchase and not deal with greedy people who don’t care about their customers.

2016-07-29

Terrible customer service, they do not know what their doing, even managers

"*Have yet to find department employees that know what their doing.
*Not friendly at all
*Do not work with you on returns even when they know it's their mistake
I'm beyond disappointed with Menards. We are a young married couple remodeling a house. We've probably lost $200-250 with Menards. From wrong cabinets to extra trips because they "couldn't find" what we needed because they were to busy (showed in stock). We ask for 60 sq ft of carpet pad, we end up with 87 because "He's been there since 5 am, is tired and "couldn't" get us that amount". (then the cashier said he could have got the right amount) The department manager tells us "oh I don't think your hardware is included with the countertop, you should just grab it while you're here." (get home, there's the main pack plus an extra, plus now the one we bought) They just don't care. Their employees are not trained properly at all and are not friendly. Both Menards are about an hour away from us, so when they tell us we can "just come back" they don't realize the gas money we spend. They don't have any good sales anymore, just the 11 rebate. I will say the guys in the IA City lumberyard were very friendly and helpful. They need raises because they were the only positive out of our 15-20 trips to Menards for our house. My parents have had the same type problems with them. Save yourself money and headache and go to your local small town store or another chain.

This review was modified by jac4315 on July 29 2016 09:27:05 AM

2016-05-02

SALES PEOPLE

"THE DONT KNOW ABOUT DOOR LOCKS OR HAND TOOLS ,HOME DEPO LOWES THER ARE TRAINED ON WHAT THEY SELL "

2015-12-28

"I have been a customer of Menards for over 30 years. Recently I purchased a Christmas item before Christmas and then decided to return it after Christmas. I had the original sales receipt showing the amount I paid and the item was still in the original package, unopened. When I went to return it, they told me their policy is the after holiday price, or 50% of what I paid. When i complained to there service center, they told me I could review their return policy on their website. I think it is a little ridiculous to expect customers to check the website small print for their store policies. I average $200 plus per month at Menards in the past but not anymore. There are plenty of home building big box stores in my area to shop at just as close as Menards."

This review was modified by Maddie06 on December 28 2015 06:14:32 PM

duke555's Avatar

mostly Michigan
2015-10-25

"I have been shopping there for say 20 yrs or so. One thing I find disgusting with this store is the Bait N Switch attitude. Their sales items are to get you into the store only. Rarely they will have any real "sales". Recently I have had to take back a 100ft extension cord because they charged me 90 bucks for something that was onsale for 35. Ok there are always typepos but this the 3rd time I had to correct them. To show "attitude", I wanted a 4x8 of MDF. I had to go through the whole stack and then the one I got was still water damaged. When I brought it to their attention, they acted as if "so what". I spend way too much at home improvement stores for So What. "

2015-10-06

"I shop/buy here regularly and have mostly good experiences. Prices are fair and usually they have what I need in stock. However, there is one thing that bugs the crap out of me and that is the lack of planning for their store layouts. When I want to shop for items that are related to the same project why spread them all over the store? A District manager told me that was to get people to walk the store and it promotes 'impulse' buying, well that is what works for grocery shoppers but not for people trying to quickly get products to complete a project. What works best for me is to grab a sales associate right away and have them walk me to each and every item I need. This works almost every time and makes my trips to Menard's more enjoyable."

2015-08-26

"In May of 2015 I ordered some merchandise online from Menards.com that came with an 11% rebate in the form a merchandise credit check. I filled out the rebate forms and ultimately received the credit check. I returned to Menards.com to purchase another item and to use the merchandise credit check. To my dismay I found out that I could not use the check. Upon doing a little research on the website, I determined that indeed I could not use the credit for online purchases; only in-store purchases. I email customer support to verify and was given the same story.

I must say that I am very disappointed that Menards would offer a rebate that can only be used "in store" to an "out of state" online customer. The primary reason I chose Menards over similar online retailers was due to this rebate. Just out of curiosity I checked Menards current Weekly Sales ad for items that offer a rebate. All of items listed state in small print that (paraphrasing) "Rebate is in the form of merchandise credit check. Rebate limited to stock on hand". None of the items offering a rebate state that the merchandise credit check is not available for use online. I had to go to the website's Help Center to obtain that information.

I will be deleting my account with Menards and feel it necessary to inform other "would be" Menards customers to be very careful when choosing Menards based on these rebates.

This review was modified by csak on August 26 2015 12:57:19 PM

2015-08-20

"Extremely poor customer service and return policies. We ordered a $399 swing, reduced supposedly from $699. Material quality was excellent, however, only half the holes lined up to be connected together. My husband managed to make it work using clamps and drilling extra holes. In addition, we ordered a swing cover that does not fit. When we contacted customer service, they referred twice to their restocking fee of 25%. Well, if the cover does not fit, whose fault is that? We were asked what the cover measurements were. Why does that matter if it does not fit? We will discourage anyone from buying from Menards online. They need to come up with the times. "

This review was modified by churchlady47 on August 20 2015 08:01:05 AM

2015-06-26

"Never buy anything from Menards, customer service doesn't exist, you never will be able to return or exchange anything. Pure scam. It doesn't deserve a single star out of five. "

2015-05-31

"bought a LG front load washer 4-26-15
stopped working on 5-16-15
Menards refused to exchange it ( no customer service)
LG Electronics is yet to exchange or fix it

2015-05-21

"They SUCK, always screw up special orders, and never want to make good for lost time and money."

2015-05-11

"Horrible service. I bought over $1200 in furniture and they didn't even give me a free delivery ($50). I live literally less than a half a mile from them but I couldn't pick it up. They said they were going to deliver today in the morning. It's 2pm and still not gotten a call from them to tell me when they're going to show up. Missed one day of work for this. Unbelievable! I think they use some delivery company in Centralia, MO (Martin Kurt). Obviously very poorly organized! "

This review was modified by Izzy_Z on May 11 2015 12:01:19 PM

2015-04-26

"I ordered several rugs online from Menards. On one the binding was frayed. On another the binding was an ugly color that was not visible in the picture or mentioned in the description. Two others the colors in the pictures were not accurate. I was surprised when I returned them and was charged $144.00 surcharge. As I shopped I saw FREE SHIPPING 20 times on each page. Nowhere did I see that I would be charged 25% restocking fee - not as I shopped or when I completed my transaction. It was buried on another page under return policy, online purchases....2nd paragraph. Fees a are exorbitant and unnecessary. Lowe's does not do this. Menards has lost my business."

This review was modified by JoannWayne on April 26 2015 06:28:20 PM

2015-04-14

"Would not let me return a lawn mower that I have never even started. This is ridiculous. I have talked to Paul Cox in Shiloh IL the general manger and was not helpful and was terrible to deal with. I would like to return the item that I was not able to start. I bought it yesterday morning and their suggestion is that I take it in to a repair shop to spend more money on a new lawn mower.
I would like my money back.

Share Menards's store rating

Menards is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Menards is not a merchant member
Menards does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!