• Menards

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10

2015-06-26

"Never buy anything from Menards, customer service doesn't exist, you never will be able to return or exchange anything. Pure scam. It doesn't deserve a single star out of five. "

2015-05-31

"bought a LG front load washer 4-26-15
stopped working on 5-16-15
Menards refused to exchange it ( no customer service)
LG Electronics is yet to exchange or fix it

2015-05-21

"They SUCK, always screw up special orders, and never want to make good for lost time and money."

2015-05-11

"Horrible service. I bought over $1200 in furniture and they didn't even give me a free delivery ($50). I live literally less than a half a mile from them but I couldn't pick it up. They said they were going to deliver today in the morning. It's 2pm and still not gotten a call from them to tell me when they're going to show up. Missed one day of work for this. Unbelievable! I think they use some delivery company in Centralia, MO (Martin Kurt). Obviously very poorly organized! "

This review was modified by Izzy_Z on May 11 2015 12:01:19 PM

2015-04-26

"I ordered several rugs online from Menards. On one the binding was frayed. On another the binding was an ugly color that was not visible in the picture or mentioned in the description. Two others the colors in the pictures were not accurate. I was surprised when I returned them and was charged $144.00 surcharge. As I shopped I saw FREE SHIPPING 20 times on each page. Nowhere did I see that I would be charged 25% restocking fee - not as I shopped or when I completed my transaction. It was buried on another page under return policy, online purchases....2nd paragraph. Fees a are exorbitant and unnecessary. Lowe's does not do this. Menards has lost my business."

This review was modified by JoannWayne on April 26 2015 06:28:20 PM

2015-04-14

"Would not let me return a lawn mower that I have never even started. This is ridiculous. I have talked to Paul Cox in Shiloh IL the general manger and was not helpful and was terrible to deal with. I would like to return the item that I was not able to start. I bought it yesterday morning and their suggestion is that I take it in to a repair shop to spend more money on a new lawn mower.
I would like my money back."

2015-04-02

"I went into the Danville IL store at 7:30 am on 4/02/2015. When I went to check out there was only 1 cashier due to the time of day. She was looking at a catalogue bent over and flipping pages. I put my items on the check out line and stood there while wide glide kept reading. No acknowledgment that I was there. I waited around a minute and walked by her. She kept on reading. As I was going out someone at customer service said Have a Nice Day. I said I would have if I could have been checked out and left. I have had better service at Walmart."

2015-03-23

"1) Be careful when using menards.com for ordering product. I had the experience this morning where the website limited my order to the store's quantity on hand. This is an internet order. The manufacturer can make more product. Menards can notify me when the entire quantity has arrived (opted for ship to store).

2) Given the above, the website, unlike Amazon and other well-developed websites, does not let the customer cancel the order online. This apparently is not a function of menards.com. Instead you have to send an email to corp headquarters to have a person do a follow through cancellation, if indeed that occurs.

3) By the time this happens the store will have pulled the product and cancelling the order will subject the customer to a restocking fee.

4) Best advice - don't order online through menards.com"

This review was modified by Heydehi on March 23 2015 07:58:09 AM

2015-02-22

"This store might be a candidate for under cover boss. Based on the experience I just had , there's plenty of opportunity to improve their customer service. I am still waiting on a product that I ordered over a month ago. And another product that I ordered online is still being processed. When I tried to return it they want to charge a 25% restocking fee. Prices at the store arent bad, I would just rather shop hassle-free somewhere else for now on. "

This review was modified by Handyman611 on February 22 2015 11:57:36 AM

2015-02-09

"REGARDING AN ONLINE SHIPPED ORDER: their ground shipping + handling costs are exorbitant, so i accumulated a few items over a weeks time to make my first order worthwhile which can be a chore as their search engine is bad. they spam you every 48 hours with email reminders to buy what's in your cart, a 5% off valid promo code i had didn't work. the marketing email profile settings give you no confirmation anything changed, they don't email you any shipment tracking, rather you need to click through three pages on their website to find your tracking number. my order finally arrived a week later (only 2 states away) the picker packer had short changed me 1 instead of 2 quantity i ordered on a expensive item that didn't fall out of the box and was shown as quantity 2 on the packing list (no backorder had been indicated). i emailed customer service using gmail with a photo showing the box, item weight and all contents, and also sent a text email using their web form as their web sight suggest, i got no acknowledgement nor any reply now several days. there is no phone number to call for online sales. their rep on twitter is locked out for new input, so all i have left to do is bitch about them here while i'm now out half the paid value of my order. i will try to contest the charge on my debit card, but i doubt it will be worth the trouble - that's probably what menards is counting on when their local store 3205 guys fill your web order then screw unwary online purchasers and pocket your paid goods. why did i even buy from menards to begin with? they still had a few out of season items that other national chains were no longer going to restock. silly me - next time i'll get those type of items on ebay. if you look at my other reviews i post very positive ones. i write here today to warn online shoppers not to assume that Menards; an $8 Billion revenue per year company with over 40,000 employees is going to treat you fair as Home Depot and Lowe's have long ago learned to do. UPDATE: after several more emails the following week to the store that filled my online order, I was able to get someone from customer service to fill the balance of my order at no additional cost. Menards is definitely not up to the online standards of it's competitors, but it's employees seem genuinely interested in making things right when they are properly notified and their policies allow - Thus I will improve my rating here to THREE stars."

This review was modified by Pack Eteers on February 17 2015 08:20:52 PM

2015-02-01

"D-CON WARNING .........Purchased several boxes d-con bait stations for mice, yellow wedge shaped box from Menards, Naperville, Il. store. Placed in basement, garage n 1 between washer /dryer laundry rm. Resently after returning home from another trip to Menards ( our go to shop) we discovered pellets (inticing color, smell) scattered on floor, remainder of chewed up box in fam. rm, guilty party our chichuahua. Unable to determine how much if any was injested called vet, consulted Internet , induced vomiting and closely monitored little guy.Our pup maybe lucky and suffer no ill effects (still monitoring ) but your dog or child may not be so lucky. While web searching symptoms to watch for, and antidotes, I discovered the EPA (May 2008) informed producers of d-con w/active ingredient BRODIFACOUM & other 2nd generation anticoagulants of their dangers, allowing them till June 2011 to adopt safety measures suggested. Jan 2013 the Reckitt Benckiser Company had still failed to comply, EPA moves to ban 12 d-con products which endanger the safety of 10,000 children every yr. & is # 1 cause of pet poisoning. Dec 31,2014 after long battle Benckiser agrees to stop manufacturing the 12 toxic products which have NO KNOWN ANTIDOTE. Distribution will continue till March 31,2015... Menards stocks this product and will have it on shelves for many months to come. Accidents happen. Hopefully this review will help prevent another. Menards just because you can doesn't mean you should. Shame on you ! !"

2014-12-22

"Bought a brand new snow blower there and it broke before I could finish using it once! It was over 500 dollars and I don't get it back because we put gas and oil in it. How in the hell do you know if it works if you don't put the necessary fluids in it?! I hate Menards and will never shop there again. I will not ever buy anything from there and I will be telling every person I know the awful experience I had. Don't ever buy an expensive product from Menards, you'll get screwed!"

2014-10-27

"I bought a fireplace at the Anderson, IN Menards. I was told that the item was an in stock item. I wanted to purchase the floor model but the guy who worked there suggested that I should order one instead because the floor model was missing some screws and could have other things wrong with it. Before it was shipped I tried to cancel my order because my car broke down and I couldn't afford it. One of the assistant managers I talked to was very polite,his name was Cole. He told me to come back in on Monday and talk with a manger to override the restocking fee. When I got there to talk to the manager he came out and was very rude from the start. I was very polite and told him I was here to talk and not argue. He raised his voice and said we already told you over the weekend we couldn't help you. I politely replied and said no, someone told us to come back and talk to another manager. He refused to listen and help. Brian Kilmer was the assistant manager that wouldn't take the time to help or listen. Make sure yoy don't talk to him when returning an item. We went back and talked to other employees and they said they didn't like him as well. He is always rude."

This review was modified by abcfamily5 on October 27 2014 04:03:19 PM

2014-10-08

"Worst customer service ever. Had a broken countertop on an expensive vanity we ordered online. Only able to discuss via email and reviews several emails that were sub par in the customer service category. After getting to a contact in their plumbing department they pawned us off to the vendor. I didn't buy from the vendor, I bought from Menards. The vendor sent me a nice email stating I could pay and additional $450 for replacement that they didn't get right in the first place. This was 1/3 the cost of the vanity. Can't return the vanity because they charge a 25% restocking fee. Absolute wort customer service and I will pay more at Home Depot and Lowes going forward. Much much better customer service at those big box stores. "

This review was modified by Amy8941 on October 08 2014 01:34:13 AM

2014-08-16

"Such a big store as Menards does not have 1-800 # for customer service??? I was shocked when purchased online some vanities and cabinets, and after 2 weeks noticed that my order "will ship in another 4 weeks!!!" That means 6 weeks just to order stuff probably from China or HonkKong, and then it gets to you in two months!!! WOW... So disappointed. And when I decided to cancel order, start searching online for a CS 800 # and did not find it. Instead they have just simple "Email us" form, which usually cheap small companies does usually, that can not even afford 800# to have. I'm recommend anyone who want to order anything from Menards.com online - think twice before you do it. First you pay them money upfront, so they can use your money for new orders etc, and second - you don't even have a customer service at all, except Email form.
By the way, when I walk into one of the Menards stores and asked CSR about my order - they also said "we don't have anything to do with online orders". Ridiculous!! Beware!!!"

This review was modified by Dovile on August 16 2014 12:53:10 PM

Share Menards's store rating

Menards is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Menards is not a merchant member
Menards does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!