Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"Worst customer service ever. Had a broken countertop on an expensive vanity we ordered online. Only able to discuss via email and reviews several emails that were sub par in the customer service category. After getting to a contact in their plumbing department they pawned us off to the vendor. I didn't buy from the vendor, I bought from Menards. The vendor sent me a nice email stating I could pay and additional $450 for replacement that they didn't get right in the first place. This was 1/3 the cost of the vanity. Can't return the vanity because they charge a 25% restocking fee. Absolute wort customer service and I will pay more at Home Depot and Lowes going forward. Much much better customer service at those big box stores. "

modified review This review was modified by Amy8941 on October 08 2014 01:34:13 AM

"Such a big store as Menards does not have 1-800 # for customer service??? I was shocked when purchased online some vanities and cabinets, and after 2 weeks noticed that my order "will ship in another 4 weeks!!!" That means 6 weeks just to order stuff probably from China or HonkKong, and then it gets to you in two months!!! WOW... So disappointed. And when I decided to cancel order, start searching online for a CS 800 # and did not find it. Instead they have just simple "Email us" form, which usually cheap small companies does usually, that can not even afford 800# to have. I'm recommend anyone who want to order anything from Menards.com online - think twice before you do it. First you pay them money upfront, so they can use your money for new orders etc, and second - you don't even have a customer service at all, except Email form.
By the way, when I walk into one of the Menards stores and asked CSR about my order - they also said "we don't have anything to do with online orders". Ridiculous!! Beware!!!

modified review This review was modified by Dovile on August 16 2014 12:53:10 PM

"I will never shop at any Menard's and will relentlessly encourage others to follow my lead. I had an encounter with the General Manager, CHAD DESOTO, at the Portage, Indiana store regarding a defective lawn mower. It ran once and broke down. We were given 5 shops to take the mower to be repaired but all 5 shops refused to service it. The reason was because the store doesn't pay them. When I explained to CHAD DESOTO that we couldn't find a repair shop under the warranty, he handed me a new list with the same shops!! This mower was a gift to my husband and I was very embarrassed to have had it break down. When CHAD DESOTO told me there was nothing he could do for me, I asked for a number to contact someone higher. He refused to give me any number and said that he has done all he could for me...which was to give me a list of shops that would not service the mower! I asked again for the number of his direct supervisor. He refused again and called the Portage Police to come and mediate our conversation. They came and I was threatened to either be good with what he said or be arrested!!!!! This store advertises that it guarantees customer satisfaction. I was not satisfied with a product that was purchased at their store and was definitely NOT satisfied with the treatment I received! If anyone has to return anything to this store, please be aware that you could possibly have the police called on you If you aren't happy with being ripped off by defective machinery. Two officers showed up! I felt bullied and intimidated for simply wanting a number to contact someone to resolve my issue. No, this absolutely does not fall under the "satisfied customer" category. CHAD DESOTO was the most unprofessional manager I have ever encountered and has no business being in the customer service industry, whatsoever."

"Watch out for price gouging at the Minot, ND store. Extruded R10 Foam goes on sale for 28.99 a sheet. The Grand Forks store sells same thing for 22.99 a sheet. They say transportation charges cost 6.00 more a sheet, I don't think so!!!!!!! This isn't the only item they have marked up because of the oil boom."

modified review This review was modified by 1Doug on April 16 2014 01:11:37 PM

"Menards has the most unacceptable customer service, I have ever experienced. Especially at the Fridley location. "

modified review This review was modified by maro0-041 on March 21 2014 07:47:52 AM

"I ordered insulation from Menards on line. What a mistake after waiting 5 weeks and still no product I tried to cancel. They said the order was to far along. Was promised it would be here in 1 week. Well now 1 week has turned into 2 never again will I order anything from Menards on line they have no phone number to call all this is done in e-mails what a joke!"

"Good price, reasonable shipping charge, quick shipping. Item is as pictured. No trouble; I'm satisfied."

"Do not use their on line services. The products are not what they are described to be and you can never speak with an actual person. My goods were damaged in transit and all I am getting is a run around"

"I purchased a car cover that had a three year warranty from menards. After using it occasionaly for a few months it deteriorated to the point of unusable.The manager at menards told me I would need a receipt for an exchange or refund. Since I had used my master card I was able to print a copy of my receipt to provide the manager with.Now after 3 trips back and forth across the store, he tells me he won't give me an exchange anyway without the disintegrated initial cover. So then is when I asked to talk to the store manager,but the s.m. is in a meeting for the next hour.After leaving my phone number I returned home to wait for the call back..So when the s. m. calls all he does is give me the run around.With the lack of customer service as this; menards will not get my business!Dave Bourassa,Sioux City,Iowa"

modified review This review was modified by Bourassa on June 17 2013 02:24:39 PM

"Bought ton$ of stuff from Menards in the 15+ years of living in Sioux Falls. Owned and rehabbed 4 houses and 2 commercial buildings. Built a complete three car garage with all their stuff. And helped many friends - always used Menards.
When remodeling a kitchen, I purchased all new appliances and kitchen cabinets from them. They ordered all of it - prepaid of course. About nine grand. I ran into some family and legal problems in the interim and never picked the stuff up. Definitely not the right way on my part. They have (or had) a 30 month return policy (which I agree is lenient). I went in about 1-2 months over that and explained my problem. They said "No problem...happens more often than you'd think. We will take care of you."
What a joke. After jacking me around for months, the most I got out of them was the money back for the appliances and garage door openers. Much less than half of what I had paid. No store credit, no money less a restocking fee, nada for about $5000.00 dollars woth of stuff.
I hate Menards and if I can EVER keep anyone from buying there...I will do so. They suck and their manager Randy is a lying, dishonest man.

"In an age when companies like Amazon and so many others can ship a million different products within a day of an order being placed, I am amazed that I have NEVER had an order from Menards leave their warehouse in less than a week. They are sort of the Wal-Mart of hardware stores without the ultra low price benefit. Certainly not my go-to unless I have no other choice."

"This is a complaint regarding store #3253 in Hanover Park, IL. Specifically regarding the manager Brie.

On Feb 23, Saturday, I rented a Rug Doctor from the store at 3 PM. When I drove the machine home, I found out that it was not spraying. I called the store, and requested a different one.

Brie called back and said that she can't do anything for me unless I brought it back to the store that day. Since I was not in the area, it would have been an incredible hassle for me to bring back the machine, not to mention I had over a gallon of hot water in the machine along with $10 of rug cleansing fluid.

The root of the problem is that the previous renter did not connect the hose from the bottom well to thet top. After I connected to the hose, the machine worked fine. It took me hours to troubleshoot this.

The next day, I returned the machine at 5 PM. After waiting 20 minutes for a cashier, even when there are 7 associates behind the counter manning 2 registers, I found out that I was late by 2 hours. I complained regarding the broken machine, and waited another 20 minutes for Brie, who very rudely told me that she will call the police if I did not pay an additional $24.99 for the late time. In all, I spent hours of my time to fix the machine and then fight with the store management.

I will never shop at Menard's again due to the poor service.

"Well, it's one thing to have the best price on hose tees on google shopping, and to offer free shipping to boot. I ordered a bunch of them & wondered what else you might have that I might need. I shopped some more.
It's a different thing to offer only some of your products as 'online products', while displaying others as 'in store products'. It's entirely another [completely unwelcome] thing to enter all my shipping data at checkout, only to learn that the 'free shipping' is to the store...in WYOMING. That is false advertising and I'm cc'ng this to google shopping comments.

"I ordered a T3 (jumbo) mailbox online from Menards. None of the local stores carried the large ones for a decent price (even eBay was more). The website said it would take 6-8 days for the item to ship. I only know I received it about two weeks after I placed the order. I'm not sure exactly how long it took to get to the carrier since I never received any shipment info. In fact, if I look up my order right now, it still shows the item staged at a Menards warehouse in another state even though I've received it.

Menards wasn't the very best price I could find after shipping and tax, but the other websites I found with lower prices were no-name companies and wouldn't respond to my emails. I decided to pay a little more and go with a trusted company in case there were any problems. There weren't any issues with the item, but I've bought enough items online to know that saving a few more dollars isn't worth it if the item arrives damaged or broken and I can't get customer service to contact me back.

"Store security is out sourced. Watch out. Manager at Menards stated they have no control over them. Corporate hires them and they answer to no one. I and my family have stopped our weekly trips to the store. We are suspicous shoppers and not "Loyal" shoppers in the eyes of this security firm. We are home improvement junkies nothing else."

Menards is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Menards is not a merchant member
Menards does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!