Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

"Watch out for price gouging at the Minot, ND store. Extruded R10 Foam goes on sale for 28.99 a sheet. The Grand Forks store sells same thing for 22.99 a sheet. They say transportation charges cost 6.00 more a sheet, I don't think so!!!!!!! This isn't the only item they have marked up because of the oil boom."

modified review This review was modified by 1Doug on April 16 2014 01:11:37 PM

"Menards has the most unacceptable customer service, I have ever experienced. Especially at the Fridley location. "

modified review This review was modified by maro0-041 on March 21 2014 07:47:52 AM

"I ordered insulation from Menards on line. What a mistake after waiting 5 weeks and still no product I tried to cancel. They said the order was to far along. Was promised it would be here in 1 week. Well now 1 week has turned into 2 never again will I order anything from Menards on line they have no phone number to call all this is done in e-mails what a joke!"

"Good price, reasonable shipping charge, quick shipping. Item is as pictured. No trouble; I'm satisfied."

"Do not use their on line services. The products are not what they are described to be and you can never speak with an actual person. My goods were damaged in transit and all I am getting is a run around"

"I purchased a car cover that had a three year warranty from menards. After using it occasionaly for a few months it deteriorated to the point of unusable.The manager at menards told me I would need a receipt for an exchange or refund. Since I had used my master card I was able to print a copy of my receipt to provide the manager with.Now after 3 trips back and forth across the store, he tells me he won't give me an exchange anyway without the disintegrated initial cover. So then is when I asked to talk to the store manager,but the s.m. is in a meeting for the next hour.After leaving my phone number I returned home to wait for the call back..So when the s. m. calls all he does is give me the run around.With the lack of customer service as this; menards will not get my business!Dave Bourassa,Sioux City,Iowa"

modified review This review was modified by Bourassa on June 17 2013 02:24:39 PM

"Bought ton$ of stuff from Menards in the 15+ years of living in Sioux Falls. Owned and rehabbed 4 houses and 2 commercial buildings. Built a complete three car garage with all their stuff. And helped many friends - always used Menards.
When remodeling a kitchen, I purchased all new appliances and kitchen cabinets from them. They ordered all of it - prepaid of course. About nine grand. I ran into some family and legal problems in the interim and never picked the stuff up. Definitely not the right way on my part. They have (or had) a 30 month return policy (which I agree is lenient). I went in about 1-2 months over that and explained my problem. They said "No problem...happens more often than you'd think. We will take care of you."
What a joke. After jacking me around for months, the most I got out of them was the money back for the appliances and garage door openers. Much less than half of what I had paid. No store credit, no money less a restocking fee, nada for about $5000.00 dollars woth of stuff.
I hate Menards and if I can EVER keep anyone from buying there...I will do so. They suck and their manager Randy is a lying, dishonest man.

"In an age when companies like Amazon and so many others can ship a million different products within a day of an order being placed, I am amazed that I have NEVER had an order from Menards leave their warehouse in less than a week. They are sort of the Wal-Mart of hardware stores without the ultra low price benefit. Certainly not my go-to unless I have no other choice."

"This is a complaint regarding store #3253 in Hanover Park, IL. Specifically regarding the manager Brie.

On Feb 23, Saturday, I rented a Rug Doctor from the store at 3 PM. When I drove the machine home, I found out that it was not spraying. I called the store, and requested a different one.

Brie called back and said that she can't do anything for me unless I brought it back to the store that day. Since I was not in the area, it would have been an incredible hassle for me to bring back the machine, not to mention I had over a gallon of hot water in the machine along with $10 of rug cleansing fluid.

The root of the problem is that the previous renter did not connect the hose from the bottom well to thet top. After I connected to the hose, the machine worked fine. It took me hours to troubleshoot this.

The next day, I returned the machine at 5 PM. After waiting 20 minutes for a cashier, even when there are 7 associates behind the counter manning 2 registers, I found out that I was late by 2 hours. I complained regarding the broken machine, and waited another 20 minutes for Brie, who very rudely told me that she will call the police if I did not pay an additional $24.99 for the late time. In all, I spent hours of my time to fix the machine and then fight with the store management.

I will never shop at Menard's again due to the poor service.

"Well, it's one thing to have the best price on hose tees on google shopping, and to offer free shipping to boot. I ordered a bunch of them & wondered what else you might have that I might need. I shopped some more.
It's a different thing to offer only some of your products as 'online products', while displaying others as 'in store products'. It's entirely another [completely unwelcome] thing to enter all my shipping data at checkout, only to learn that the 'free shipping' is to the store...in WYOMING. That is false advertising and I'm cc'ng this to google shopping comments.

"I ordered a T3 (jumbo) mailbox online from Menards. None of the local stores carried the large ones for a decent price (even eBay was more). The website said it would take 6-8 days for the item to ship. I only know I received it about two weeks after I placed the order. I'm not sure exactly how long it took to get to the carrier since I never received any shipment info. In fact, if I look up my order right now, it still shows the item staged at a Menards warehouse in another state even though I've received it.

Menards wasn't the very best price I could find after shipping and tax, but the other websites I found with lower prices were no-name companies and wouldn't respond to my emails. I decided to pay a little more and go with a trusted company in case there were any problems. There weren't any issues with the item, but I've bought enough items online to know that saving a few more dollars isn't worth it if the item arrives damaged or broken and I can't get customer service to contact me back.

"Store security is out sourced. Watch out. Manager at Menards stated they have no control over them. Corporate hires them and they answer to no one. I and my family have stopped our weekly trips to the store. We are suspicous shoppers and not "Loyal" shoppers in the eyes of this security firm. We are home improvement junkies nothing else."

"I ordered a product on 11/8 and paid in full, my credit card was charged the same day. Two weeks later I checked the status of the order online was "on hold in store". I emailed customer service to determine the problem and never recieved a response. Three weeks from the order I phoned customer service, twice I was disconnected. On the third phone attempt I reached an agent that did not provide an explanation to the delay and would not answer any of my questions. I never received the order, but did get a refund."

"I ordered 3 bath/kitchen fixtures, including what I believed to be a Price Pfister tub & shower set, from Menards.com on 12/31/10. They were likely closeouts and the prices were OUTSTANDING (2/3-3/4 off retail). Shipping came in at just under $10--not great, but certainly acceptable. Overall, still a fantastic bargain. They were shipped-out on 1/4/11 and I had them by 1/6/11--a little slow but, again, acceptable.

Upon inspection, I noticed a problem. The tub & shower set was a shower-only set. I contacted Menards.com's customer service department early on 1/7/11 and received a response later that day from Marie. She was both courteous and professional, apologizing for the error and assuring me she would look into it. I didn't hear back from her for several days and started to worry a little.

On 1/11/11 I arrived home and found a package at my door. It was the replacement for the shower set. I check my email and find a response from Marie informing me that the replacement had been sent out and another email with a link to a printable prepaid FedEx waybill. That's four days between initial contact and a replacement at my door, all without having to jump through any hoops or pay for a hot-ship. I was extremely impressed by this, to say the least.

I open the package, only to find another shower-only set. Sigh. I decided that the error lay with the product listing on the website--either item number or the posted image of the item was wrong (the description had been somewhat vague)--and not with the order-picking/shipping folks.

Early 1/13/2010, I contacted Marie again, explaining the repeat error. I assured her that I knew the issue lay with the website, not her, and that I still greatly appreciated her efforts. I attached a copy of the image of the item from the website, explaining how it was the item I had expected to receive, and the difference between it and the items I actually did receive. Once again, Marie replied the very same day, apologizing and assuring the issue would be resolved.

Okay, she did pretty darn good last time (remember, the error wasn't her's), so I figured she'd do pretty good again. I had no idea. The (second) replacement arrived, the correct item this time, the very next day. Allow me to repeat that--THE VERY NEXT DAY!! That's right, she tracked-down the correct part number, ordered it from the manufacturer, and had it overnighted to me, all in ONE DAY.

Did I mention that, once again, this was done without making me go through any sort of RMA, file claim, or any other process? That I paid nothing beyond my original item purchase? That it was done without any excuses, stalling or need for prompting from me? Nope, there was a problem and Marie took care of it, quickly and professionally. That simple.

In closing, let me just say that my overall experience with Menards.com, and Marie in particular, has been the single finest example of customer service I have ever received from an online vendor (and I shop Newegg), or could ever hope to. Granted, mistakes were made, but I cannot even begin to imagine any way to improve on how they were handled.

With people like Marie on the team, Menards.com gets my highest recommendation!

Menards is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Menards is not a merchant member
Menards does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!