• Men's Wearhouse

Product & services pricing Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10

"I'm renting a Tux to be a Best Man in a wedding. Just picked up the Tux tonight and everything is two sizes too big. This looks like a cheap tuxedo costume, not a real Tux. The shirt is a horrid baggy pirate shirt and the shoulder seam lines fall two inches over my actual shoulder line. Oh, and welcome to Muffin top city. The vest, which is way too big and long, only looks decent when completely cinched in the back and that creates bunches of fabric that protrudes while wearing the jacket. The Jacket is boxy and cheap. The Pants would make M.C. Hammer proud, but not anyone else. Luckily the pants aren't too short, because they sag low enough to compensate. :-/ The hilarious part is that everything is labeled 'Slim Fit' or 'Fitted'. This is so laughable and they're obviously just labels to make you think you have a nice modern cut. I'd love to see their take on a classic fit. The cheap clip on tie is missing half the clip so I can't actually clip it. There's a hook but it's missing the eye to latch it to. The shoe's were supposed to be size 11 but they sent size 11.5 and they actually fit perfectly. Had they sent the correct shoe size, they would have been too small, go figure. Now I get to go to their store tomorrow and try to have things corrected. I have no hope though as I see that no one has had a good experience with this joke of a company. My only redemption is that I will be wearing a sweet Hugo Boss suit for the wedding rehearsal. I did not buy it at Mens Wearhouse."

This review was modified by BassistBob on October 01 2015 02:42:16 AM

"Rating of a 1 and I wish I could go lower. 222 dollars for a suit that never fits right 20 dollar late fee if it's not back the next day, returning your crappy suit is the last thing on your mind after your wedding . Just an all around rip off plenty of better cheaper tux rentals around would not recommend."

This review was modified by Rgadams on September 07 2015 10:13:07 AM

"The day August 11, 2015.
I liked enormously shoes for men (Joseph Abboud Mirage Black Lace-Up Shoes, Item Code: TMW452700402 Size: 10 D-Width, Color: BLACK), right through the "Website of Men`s Warehouse", pay directly to my Credit card (like all normal procedure as buy on Amazon.com), made me wait 8 days, when I take the surprise that the day August 17, I get an email that the order was canceled, out of nowhere, when I had not canceled the order.
Since that day (August 11) been sending chats and mails the reason why I had canceled the order when already charged me $ 95.00 (the total value of the merchandise), they not only have they been slow to answer the mails, but also sending me the following (last mail respondents):

"Thank you for contacting Men's Wearhouse.

Mr. Posadas, after viewing our records I am showing no payments taken from your PayPal account. I will recommend to contact Pay Pal and inquire about this transaction 82035886 Because the order was canceled THEREFORE Mens Wearhouse did not take any payment from your account.

Best Regards, "

I believe that a lousy service, I do not recommend this company at all, they (the company) automatically canceled the order, they do not give me solution, they have not given me my money.

Poor service, definitely.

This review was modified by Mike03Pos on August 24 2015 04:57:02 PM

"Lousy customer service. I ordered a custom tailored suit from Men's Warehouse and told them that I needed it for a cruise to Alaska and that I was leaving on August 26th. I ordered the suit on July 15th. I was assured that there would be no problem receiving the suit well before the departure date. The only thing that needed to be done to the suit is to hem the pant legs to length. I was in their store on Aug 20th and the sale clerk told me he would get right on having the alterations and I could pick up the suit today Aug 22nd as they were waiting on a vest that arrived yesterday Aug 21st. The vest arrived yesterday It is now late afternoon and I still haven't heard that my suit is ready. I had planned on having it dry cleaned before I left on my trip. The reason being is they leave alterations marks on the clothing that only come out after dry-cleaning. I have heard one excuse after another that they are backlogged in the alterations department and we only have one person doing alterations even though I was told that they would place me first in line for the alteration. Needless to say, I will never shop at Men's Warehouse again or recommend this company to my friends."

This review was modified by ljcato44 on August 22 2015 12:33:58 PM

" When we first arrived at the store the sales person was very friendly explained how they could fit my husband for jeans or anything he needed. He was very impressed.
He was fitted for his tux was fine.. then when we went for the fitting and pick up his tux the table had turned heavily for the bad...The rental
department did nothing but complained how many tuxes they had going out for the day
While I waited for husband to try his suit on I listened to the sales people mock and talk about the customers.
I have never seen such rude people
My husband pants looked ridiclious they were to short and way to baggy they supposidly
rehemmed them while we waited. I thought they were still to short but I was told
they were the right length for a tux. (i do like my pants a bit long so when I sit down
they are not at my knees) We were also picking up the ring bearer tux because his first fitting
was wrong. when we had returnd home we realized they had given him the wrong vest.
after the bride complained the sales person did drive the right vest to her ( yeah)
the vest was still to big..
best mans pants were too baggy along with the father of the
groom and they looked like they were wearing skirts...
when I complained about how the pants fit I was told my husband was at the
low side of the size allowed for the fitting. and the best man was at the high side.
The groom and his wedding party were all miss fitted. vest were to short, the
pants to tight. All thier feet were hurting due to small shoes
When I returned the tuxes for the wedding party I complained about how the men
all looked I got a oh well.... what a bunch of crap.
How the table turned from the first impression of walking in the store..
upon leaving after droppong off the tuxes...I would never go back or recommend mens wearhouse.
Store#5417 Vestal New York

This review was modified by whocares987 on June 09 2015 07:04:17 AM

"As a bride, I was extremely unhappy with only one vendor and Men's Warehouse was it. First of all they had only one choice of tux for what I needed and when I explained what I was trying to do I was bluntly and verbatim told by my saleswoman that it would look stupid. (not the best thing to tell a designer and definitely not a customer). I could have lived with the rude customer service and poor selection, however not with what occurred with my husband's tux. He was fitted for his shirt three times, the last of which I was late to my rehearsal because I had to pick the shirt up the day before the wedding. What was unforgivable was the day of the wedding, the groom had to go buy a shirt from another store because somehow after being fitted three times by men's warehouse his shirt did not even come close to fitting appropriately. My husband spent the morning of his wedding frantically driving around looking for a shirt when we had already paid and done a lot of run around for nothing but frustration. "

This review was modified by nomeolvida02 on May 31 2015 02:15:25 AM

"Where to begin? The tux pants ordered did not fit..not even close. After a 1.5 hour ordeal, they did supply new pants that fit better, but were still too short. The bow tie provided did not have the clip to put it on. A stressful situation made worse by overworked staff that just wanted to go home. I am glad I had this experience before I planned a wedding through them. I will NOT be a return customer."

"I bought two shirts for $99. Menswearhouse charged me 166 euros. One shirt got here. The other vanished. I am now the proud owner of a €166 shirt. Customer service, if you. Can call it that, advised me to dispute the charge to my credit card! Would you believe the incompetence!

Amateurs. Incompetent. I will never ever buy anything in this shitty webshop.

This review was modified by Crisiswhatcrisis on April 07 2015 11:38:19 AM

"My entire experience with store #3268 in Charlotte, NC was ridiculous. I walked around for 20 minutes waiting for help, and it never happened. I then waited in line, and the woman working in the rental section could not help in other sections. She asked a gentleman to assist me, and although he introduced himself and said he's be right with me, he went back behind the counter and started hanging clothes. Not just a couple items, but was gone for another 10 minutes. As we started walking towards the door, he never stopped or even told us to have a good day. We went to Macy's and were more than happy with the outstanding customer service they provided. I will never step foot in a Men's Wearhouse again. "

"The Whole experience was crap. Tux was too small and customer service was non existent. My tux looked like something I saved from high school a hundred pounds ago. Customer service ran and hid and the blame game started, new associate, wrong info or ordering person got it wrong. I spent near $200 for a tux rental and I got crap."

"I used to work for Men's Wearhouse for 2 years and at first it was going well with a great manager and a great assistant manager, but all that changed when my first manager moved to a different location in NJ and a new manager who no one liked and still has complaints always, came to my store chosen by the regional manager who also from what I understand does not do his job so well. I did beyond my job expectation and bent over backwards for this company only to have been let go after 2 years because my head manager of the store was extremely disrespectful and I could not tolerate his verbal abuse anymore, pointing in my face and yelling always, not to mention he was picked by the regional manager at the time because he can sell suits and other merchandise yet he has high returns and customers always have problems with him. It of course is all politics and numbers when it comes down to the bottom line. I recently tried applying to another store nearby in new jersey, Bridgewater and was told 2 different things, first no stores were hiring yet when I applied to the different store away from the disrespectful manager named ASH in Bridgewater NJ which I recommend no one goes to, the manager of this particular store told me he was hiring and would love me back but it was up to the regional manager and of course I was denied because of the second excuse which was due to my lateness which I was warned about but that was not why i was let go from the store, it was because of a dispute with the manager. Basically I could've gotten hired back but because of my dispute with the manager at my old store who the regional manager hand picked him an I did not get along of course i was denied, Letting off steam right now is what you would call this, but that is just the tip of the iceberg, the store is horribly run by this head manager, now the assistant manager is amazing and so are the fellas that work in the store. The only one I would say anyone would have a problem with is the Manager of the store and if you dont believe me and would like to check it out go right ahead but you have been warned. I actually loved working at the store and customers loved me and I made a great reputation for myself. I just do not take bullying easily and down talk especially from a manipulative store manager who was backed by the regional manager because of his selling and numbers. I can go on and on about this but I will not. This review is strictly to tell the public that if you ever go to Bridgewater mens wearhouse, do not work with the manager of the store and instead work with the assistant manager or anyone else but ASH. I quit that job and actually am happy I am no longer with that company, very fake people, yet of course they put down on paper that I was late to work several times and did not show up to work and was warned which is a lie to cover themselves from a abusive manager such as the one in bridgewater and no not the commons mall. Overall the people at mens wearhouse are nice people and they try their hardest to make customers happy and help with their needs and yes my purpose of this review is to bash the manager who runs the bridgewater store and his name is ASH. Instead of the truth where i was verbally abused and didnt take crap from him and left the company they make an excuse which im sure came out of his own mouth to cover his own. my rating is a 1 out of 10 and if you dont believe me go check it yourself. Other mens wearhouse stores im sure are great and should have your suits on time and hopefully the tailors are great as well. Manager wise and the people who run the store hand picked by a regional manager who is trying to make a name for himself yet has no clue how to do his job and protects his hand picked managers is wrong, have a nice day. "

This review was modified by DtotheH on October 28 2014 01:27:04 AM

"I would not go back! I wish I would have looked here first. We stopped at the men's wearhouse for the buy one get one at the Mays landing NJ location. The guy was vary eager to help because he would get a cut of the high over priced stuff. They also have the nerve to charge $30. for hemming the paints and the sleeves on the jacket. I was hoping to get two suit for like $150. $250 bucks. There shirts are like $89. ties $45. to $55. and more. I would have walked out but I needed to get a suit. Do not go to Men's wearhouse."

This review was modified by jimm876 on September 29 2014 07:06:09 PM

"The worst place ever and will never use again, father of the bride and groomsman were all given incorrect size cloths and wouldn't go above and beyond to fix there mistakes or even discount the price. Paid $200 each and that's ridiculous for mistakes of this magnitude for a day you can't retake. Will never go to them for any event EVER again!!!!!!"

This review was modified by Kendogster on September 29 2014 10:48:19 AM

"Alas, zeros stars isn't an option. $20 rush fee, $5.30 for each tie (two men's and one child's). However, we received three men's ties. I explained that my new wife didn't want to use any of them because they didn't match. after 5-10 minutes of hemming and hawing they agreed on a $5.30 refund. After getting a little rude they agreed to a $15.90 refund. But they refused to do any more. The logic in this was that they had explained the $20 rush fee already (that's right, $20 extra dollars to rush the wrong product to the store) What I don't understand is why a company wouldn't pay me $20 for good word of mouth advertising when they can hold on to it and get some REALLY bad word of mouth advertising. I will NEVER shop at men's wearhouse again and plan on recommending the same to my friends. I really should have trusted the bad reviews on here and hope you do the same."

This review was modified by twhudon on September 24 2014 09:22:06 PM

"In Melbourne Florida, Beware of the "Dale". Very friendly when I needed help and I was vrey nervous about getting the right suit for the occasion. Very good salesman, oversold me by hundreds of dollars (my fault). When I came back to get altered items, Dale was not so friendly, down right rude, couldn't get rid of me fast enough. Would not go back.
Beware of the "Dale". Very friendly when I needed help and I was very nervous about getting the right suit for the occasion. Very good salesman, oversold me by hundreds of dollars (my fault). When I came back to get altered items, Dale was not so friendly, down right rude, couldn't get rid of me fast enough. Would not go back.

Share Men's Wearhouse's store rating

Men's Wearhouse is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Men's Wearhouse is not a merchant member
Men's Wearhouse does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!