Stores > Men's Wearhouse

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
Voice your opinion! Review Men's Wearhouse by clicking a star below.
2017-02-04

Snobs

"Just went to store in Succasunna, NJ, ready to buy at least 4 suits, salesman was on the phone talking nonsense, acknowledged us but never put down the phone. There was another person but he was taking care of a customer. So we waited at least 12 minutes to be helped, the guy never put down the phone. Left the store for that reason. They could've had a good sale today. My husband will never go there again."

This review was modified by Alisyl on February 04 2017 10:00:02 AM

2017-01-21

very disappointed!

"My husband and our 6 ushers rented suits from Men's Warehouse for our December 30, 2016 wedding. We are extremely disappointed with the service and with the fit of the suits Almost everyone had an issue with the suit upon pick up. Two days before the wedding they called my husband and we went to pick up the "fixed" suit. They gave him the wrong size and insisted it was right. It was swimming on him! So they gave him a size smaller and it was extremely tight. They insisted that that is how they are made and even told him he had a "big ****". We looked at the tags and discovered they had given him a size 38 and a size 30! Clearly not one size apart and definitely not his size!
They finally gave him the "right" size but the legs were too baggy. He had ordered a slim fit and it was definitely not what he ordered. We asked to speak to the manager who told us that there wasn't anything he could do and that if we wanted "slim fit" we were need to buy a suit and have it altered. Needless to say we were extremely upset and disappointed!
I strongly discourage you from renting anything from Men's Warehouse! Horrible service!

This review was modified by lkjc on January 21 2017 07:15:02 PM

2017-01-07

Bait-and-Switch

"I have ordered twice from Men's Warehouse and both orders were cancelled for "a billing discrepancy" I of course followed up with my credit card company and there were no issues on my end. In my opinion Men's Warehouse advertises items at deeply discounted prices to generate web site traffic. After a week or so you get an email saying the order has been cancelled for some made up reason. I am sure this is illegal but they are getting away with the free advertising it generates."

This review was modified by ronano12 on January 08 2017 01:22:19 PM

2016-12-18

Not what Advertised

"Had a bad experience. The information given over the phone was misleading, he sales person was misleading and the Taylor was misleading. There was so much bait and switch that I can only conclude that employees are trained to be dishonest.
Overpriced! The price they quote you is not the actual price. Buyer beware!
Don't go.

This review was modified by Tallydoc on December 18 2016 06:55:20 PM

2016-12-15

Killed Christmas plans

"I wish I could leave less then a one star review on men's warehouse I have never been able to afford a suit until I joined the navy so I ordered my first suit from men's warehouse to wear home to see my family for the first time in 6months for Christmas but they decided to cancel my order 3days later without telling me why so I reordered on the phone and they promised to overnight it and have it there on the last day I could leave base to go get it but they got to busy to do that and it won't show up in time before I leave to go home so now I'm out the 130 I spent on dress shoes that I have no suit to wear with and my plans for Christmas are ruined as well I will never shop at a men's warehouse again and make sure everyone I know doesn't ether"

This review was modified by Askylitdrive702 on December 15 2016 03:28:13 PM

2016-12-07

Great customer service

"I had ordered a sport jacket online during Thanksgiving sale and about 10 days later I received an email that the order got cancelled. Upon contacting customer service, they said the product isn't in stock and asked me to pick another item while honoring the price. Needless to say, MW will be the place to go not just for the vast selection, also for the competitive price and the great customer service."

This review was modified by max_floyd on December 07 2016 01:57:56 PM

2016-08-08

You're charging me a late fee? Really?

"My son's wedding was this past Saturday 5 hours from home. We picked up our tux's on Thursday evening from the Men's Warehouse at the Tri County Mall in Cincinnati, Ohio. I understood they were due back today, Monday. Evidently, I didn't read the terms and conditions, says the manager. And so it was.....I paid the $21.40. I explained that I was not clear the tux had to be returned Sunday or that I could return at any Men's Warehouse store. I likely drove past a dozen stores on my way home. I asked if there was anything he could do as I spend a lot of money there. He said sorry and that he doesn't set the policies.

Where is the personal experience in shopping these days? Where has good common sense and customer service gone? We were once a great nation full of people who genuinely cared about customers and doing what is right to EARN business. In today's world of big box stores, it is simply a thing of the past.

Lesson learned with Men's Warehouse. READ Everything!!!!!!!! Return policies, rental Agreemens, discount offers, etc. Read it all before swiping your card.

This review was modified by TJJ173 on August 09 2016 05:00:51 PM

2016-06-19

Don't Do It.

"I was a groomsman in the wedding and all groomsman rented from here. The vest and pants were navy. I'm getting dressed two hours before the wedding and my vest and pants are black. Now this is just a mistake on men's warehouse. A stressful one, but just a mistake. I was a little upset about that, but what really frustrated me was the way the staff handled it. The groom gets on the phone with men's warehouse(we are at the wedding venue and it's less than 2 hours before the wedding). He is on the phone with them for 45 minutes and was placed on hold 4 times. Yes, the groom, the man about to get married in less than 2 hours. The lady he was speaking to first told him that it was our fault for not noticing it sooner. After they moved past that ridiculous statement, she then tried to charge him for a navy vest and navy pair of pants off of the retail rack. I am not exaggerating this. She really and truly wanted us to pay more money to fix their mistake. After about 30 minutes on the phone with her, the groom gets put on yet another hold while she gets the manager. She should have realized the severity of the situation from the start and gotten the manager then. The manager gets on the phone and says they have 2 vests and 2 pairs of pants, all navy, that I can come get. Yes, they wanted me to leave the wedding, that is now about an hour away, to go pick up my tux, that may or may not fit. We had to send a guest of the wedding to pick it up because they would not bring it to us. The wedding was at 7, and I got my tux at 645. You can only imagine the stress involved in this disaster. This is one of the worst displays of customer service I have ever seen. I understand mistakes happen, but they should have fixed their mistake in a timely manner, and not been so inconsiderate of the situation. There were 8 groomsman in this wedding. Four of them are getting married within the next 2 years. Men's warehouse just lost quite a bit of money with this mistake. Not the initial mistake itself, but the mistake of how they handled it. I will never recommend men's warehouse to anyone, and neither will several other people involved in this wedding. Huge mistake by Mens Wearhouse. "

This review was modified by jtwebb73 on June 23 2016 08:34:36 AM

2016-06-11

Haven't shopped in a while

"I had many choices of where to shop today. I chose MW, the salesman was very helpful and knowledgeable. I did feel like they were overpriced. I got a suit for $199.00, two shirts for the price of one $99.00. A vest for $44.00 and three ties for $65, and two pocket squares for $20.00. I also bought the shoes my salesman selected. I was surprised at the quality of the shoes, originally $120, marked down to $79.00. As my wife was piling more on the table, I asked how much, my total was over 500.00. Even when I tried to put some stuff back, everything on the table I needed it. If I can find the shirts cheaper I will take them back. The quality of the shirts are really good. Like I said, it's been a while since I've been shopping. I was shocked at the final cost, I did put the ties and pocket squares back. I do like quality clothing and I really liked shopping at one place for everything. Giving the quality and the one stop shopping, I think they are hard to beat.
My daughter is having a sweet sixteen party next week. I will let you know how the outfit worked out.

This review was modified by Grip1 on June 11 2016 11:44:17 PM

2015-12-02

"I have trusted Mens Wearhouse in Fayetteville, Georgia for all my casual and professional clothing for over thirteen years. They are second to none when it comes to advice, pricing, selection and service. The staff is very knowledgeable and current with mens fashion and accessories. They build on relationships that are solid from day one. From head to toe and young to old, Mens Wearhouse is definitely the right store to provide all your clothing needs. Great accessories for all those holiday occasions! "

This review was modified by RandallJM on December 02 2015 08:37:00 AM

2015-11-26

"Got fitted for slacks and shirt for my son's beach wedding (Sarasota FL store). Quickly threw them on and fitter checked them and I picked them up while rushing around with the bride and groom trying to pull all the loose ends together for the wedding. Unfortunately I trusted the fitter and did not thoroughly check slacks. When I was dressing just before the ceremony, I found that the 37" slacks they sized for me did not fit well on my 34" waist and would not adjust tighter!!! No belt loops, suspenders or jacket so spent ceremony time standing as groomsman and entire reception, holding my pants up. Contacted Men's Wearhouse afterwards and was basically told it was on me because I didn't catch that in the store, real understanding bunch there.

First piece of advice, spend some serious time trying things on. From the sound of it, missing a measurement by 3" must not be an unusual thing there. Second piece of advice, basic white shirt and gray slacks cost almost $80 to rent for a day (and $20 late fee per day if not returned the day after the wedding) and my son had a simple gray jacket that added $160 to his tab. Unless you're renting a tux, save yourself some money and buy a suit somewhere.

UPDATE : After posting reviews of our experience at Men's Wearhouse on several site they emailed today 11/27/2015 and issued a full refund for the clothing we had issues with. Changing the 1 star rating to a 3 star for remedying the situation.

This review was modified by ScottV57 on November 27 2015 02:36:04 PM

2015-10-01

"I'm renting a Tux to be a Best Man in a wedding. Just picked up the Tux tonight and everything is two sizes too big. This looks like a cheap tuxedo costume, not a real Tux. The shirt is a horrid baggy pirate shirt and the shoulder seam lines fall two inches over my actual shoulder line. Oh, and welcome to Muffin top city. The vest, which is way too big and long, only looks decent when completely cinched in the back and that creates bunches of fabric that protrudes while wearing the jacket. The Jacket is boxy and cheap. The Pants would make M.C. Hammer proud, but not anyone else. Luckily the pants aren't too short, because they sag low enough to compensate. :-/ The hilarious part is that everything is labeled 'Slim Fit' or 'Fitted'. This is so laughable and they're obviously just labels to make you think you have a nice modern cut. I'd love to see their take on a classic fit. The cheap clip on tie is missing half the clip so I can't actually clip it. There's a hook but it's missing the eye to latch it to. The shoe's were supposed to be size 11 but they sent size 11.5 and they actually fit perfectly. Had they sent the correct shoe size, they would have been too small, go figure. Now I get to go to their store tomorrow and try to have things corrected. I have no hope though as I see that no one has had a good experience with this joke of a company. My only redemption is that I will be wearing a sweet Hugo Boss suit for the wedding rehearsal. I did not buy it at Mens Wearhouse."

This review was modified by BassistBob on October 01 2015 02:42:16 AM

2015-09-07

"Rating of a 1 and I wish I could go lower. 222 dollars for a suit that never fits right 20 dollar late fee if it's not back the next day, returning your crappy suit is the last thing on your mind after your wedding . Just an all around rip off plenty of better cheaper tux rentals around would not recommend."

This review was modified by Rgadams on September 07 2015 10:13:07 AM

2015-08-24

"The day August 11, 2015.
I liked enormously shoes for men (Joseph Abboud Mirage Black Lace-Up Shoes, Item Code: TMW452700402 Size: 10 D-Width, Color: BLACK), right through the "Website of Men`s Warehouse", pay directly to my Credit card (like all normal procedure as buy on Amazon.com), made me wait 8 days, when I take the surprise that the day August 17, I get an email that the order was canceled, out of nowhere, when I had not canceled the order.
Since that day (August 11) been sending chats and mails the reason why I had canceled the order when already charged me $ 95.00 (the total value of the merchandise), they not only have they been slow to answer the mails, but also sending me the following (last mail respondents):

"Thank you for contacting Men's Wearhouse.

Mr. Posadas, after viewing our records I am showing no payments taken from your PayPal account. I will recommend to contact Pay Pal and inquire about this transaction 82035886 Because the order was canceled THEREFORE Mens Wearhouse did not take any payment from your account.

Best Regards, "

I believe that a lousy service, I do not recommend this company at all, they (the company) automatically canceled the order, they do not give me solution, they have not given me my money.

Poor service, definitely.

This review was modified by Mike03Pos on August 24 2015 04:57:02 PM

2015-08-22

"Lousy customer service. I ordered a custom tailored suit from Men's Warehouse and told them that I needed it for a cruise to Alaska and that I was leaving on August 26th. I ordered the suit on July 15th. I was assured that there would be no problem receiving the suit well before the departure date. The only thing that needed to be done to the suit is to hem the pant legs to length. I was in their store on Aug 20th and the sale clerk told me he would get right on having the alterations and I could pick up the suit today Aug 22nd as they were waiting on a vest that arrived yesterday Aug 21st. The vest arrived yesterday It is now late afternoon and I still haven't heard that my suit is ready. I had planned on having it dry cleaned before I left on my trip. The reason being is they leave alterations marks on the clothing that only come out after dry-cleaning. I have heard one excuse after another that they are backlogged in the alterations department and we only have one person doing alterations even though I was told that they would place me first in line for the alteration. Needless to say, I will never shop at Men's Warehouse again or recommend this company to my friends."

This review was modified by ljcato44 on August 22 2015 12:33:58 PM

Share Men's Wearhouse's store rating

Men's Wearhouse is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Men's Wearhouse is not a merchant member
Men's Wearhouse does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!