Product & services pricing Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.42/10 0.42/10

"I used to work for Men's Wearhouse for 2 years and at first it was going well with a great manager and a great assistant manager, but all that changed when my first manager moved to a different location in NJ and a new manager who no one liked and still has complaints always, came to my store chosen by the regional manager who also from what I understand does not do his job so well. I did beyond my job expectation and bent over backwards for this company only to have been let go after 2 years because my head manager of the store was extremely disrespectful and I could not tolerate his verbal abuse anymore, pointing in my face and yelling always, not to mention he was picked by the regional manager at the time because he can sell suits and other merchandise yet he has high returns and customers always have problems with him. It of course is all politics and numbers when it comes down to the bottom line. I recently tried applying to another store nearby in new jersey, Bridgewater and was told 2 different things, first no stores were hiring yet when I applied to the different store away from the disrespectful manager named ASH in Bridgewater NJ which I recommend no one goes to, the manager of this particular store told me he was hiring and would love me back but it was up to the regional manager and of course I was denied because of the second excuse which was due to my lateness which I was warned about but that was not why i was let go from the store, it was because of a dispute with the manager. Basically I could've gotten hired back but because of my dispute with the manager at my old store who the regional manager hand picked him an I did not get along of course i was denied, Letting off steam right now is what you would call this, but that is just the tip of the iceberg, the store is horribly run by this head manager, now the assistant manager is amazing and so are the fellas that work in the store. The only one I would say anyone would have a problem with is the Manager of the store and if you dont believe me and would like to check it out go right ahead but you have been warned. I actually loved working at the store and customers loved me and I made a great reputation for myself. I just do not take bullying easily and down talk especially from a manipulative store manager who was backed by the regional manager because of his selling and numbers. I can go on and on about this but I will not. This review is strictly to tell the public that if you ever go to Bridgewater mens wearhouse, do not work with the manager of the store and instead work with the assistant manager or anyone else but ASH. I quit that job and actually am happy I am no longer with that company, very fake people, yet of course they put down on paper that I was late to work several times and did not show up to work and was warned which is a lie to cover themselves from a abusive manager such as the one in bridgewater and no not the commons mall. Overall the people at mens wearhouse are nice people and they try their hardest to make customers happy and help with their needs and yes my purpose of this review is to bash the manager who runs the bridgewater store and his name is ASH. Instead of the truth where i was verbally abused and didnt take crap from him and left the company they make an excuse which im sure came out of his own mouth to cover his own. my rating is a 1 out of 10 and if you dont believe me go check it yourself. Other mens wearhouse stores im sure are great and should have your suits on time and hopefully the tailors are great as well. Manager wise and the people who run the store hand picked by a regional manager who is trying to make a name for himself yet has no clue how to do his job and protects his hand picked managers is wrong, have a nice day. "

modified review This review was modified by DtotheH on October 28 2014 01:27:04 AM

"I would not go back! I wish I would have looked here first. We stopped at the men's wearhouse for the buy one get one at the Mays landing NJ location. The guy was vary eager to help because he would get a cut of the high over priced stuff. They also have the nerve to charge $30. for hemming the paints and the sleeves on the jacket. I was hoping to get two suit for like $150. $250 bucks. There shirts are like $89. ties $45. to $55. and more. I would have walked out but I needed to get a suit. Do not go to Men's wearhouse."

modified review This review was modified by jimm876 on September 29 2014 07:06:09 PM

"The worst place ever and will never use again, father of the bride and groomsman were all given incorrect size cloths and wouldn't go above and beyond to fix there mistakes or even discount the price. Paid $200 each and that's ridiculous for mistakes of this magnitude for a day you can't retake. Will never go to them for any event EVER again!!!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by Kendogster on September 29 2014 10:48:19 AM

"Alas, zeros stars isn't an option. $20 rush fee, $5.30 for each tie (two men's and one child's). However, we received three men's ties. I explained that my new wife didn't want to use any of them because they didn't match. after 5-10 minutes of hemming and hawing they agreed on a $5.30 refund. After getting a little rude they agreed to a $15.90 refund. But they refused to do any more. The logic in this was that they had explained the $20 rush fee already (that's right, $20 extra dollars to rush the wrong product to the store) What I don't understand is why a company wouldn't pay me $20 for good word of mouth advertising when they can hold on to it and get some REALLY bad word of mouth advertising. I will NEVER shop at men's wearhouse again and plan on recommending the same to my friends. I really should have trusted the bad reviews on here and hope you do the same."

modified review This review was modified by twhudon on September 24 2014 09:22:06 PM

Men's Wearhouse User

"In Melbourne Florida, Beware of the "Dale". Very friendly when I needed help and I was vrey nervous about getting the right suit for the occasion. Very good salesman, oversold me by hundreds of dollars (my fault). When I came back to get altered items, Dale was not so friendly, down right rude, couldn't get rid of me fast enough. Would not go back.
Beware of the "Dale". Very friendly when I needed help and I was very nervous about getting the right suit for the occasion. Very good salesman, oversold me by hundreds of dollars (my fault). When I came back to get altered items, Dale was not so friendly, down right rude, couldn't get rid of me fast enough. Would not go back.

"I was the bride for a wedding on August 2, 2014. We used Men's Wearhouse in Aurora, Colorado for our tuxedos. When the guys were measured for their tuxedos they were not measured right so no one's tuxedo fit right for my wedding. My brother's tuxedo was sent to Texas three days before my wedding in Colorado. My brother-in-law's tuxedo didn't fit right when he went to pick it up so we were told it would be ready at 9:30 am the day before the wedding. He went to pick it up and they were not open. When he came back he was told that the delivery had not come in so his tuxedo wouldn't be available until 9:00 am the day of my wedding. When I explained to the salesman that pick up on the morning of my wedding was unacceptable and inconvenient, the only thing the salesman could say to me was "well we can give you some money back on the tuxedo" and then it was just $50. Miraculously they came up with a tuxedo for my brother-in-law from the back but it did not fit right because the vest was too big and the jacket was too small. I had to settle for that or wait for the new tuxedo the next morning. They offered to send the tuxedo to a store closer to our venue but I didn't trust them to do that because they sent my brother's to another state. After all the grief and frustration that they caused me for my wedding I have decided that if I ever need any sort of mens formal ware I will NOT be using Men's Warehouse EVER AGAIN! I will also be talking to all of my engaged friends and not yet engaged friends about this experience and will STRONGLY encourage them to take their business ELSEWHERE! "

"God awful store in MELBOURNE FLorida. It is a pity they even have a store open like this. Disgrace to the word customer service or keeping the word. Made us pay for a suit for our six year old, among other things, with the promise of ordering one size up from a store 40 miles away because they did not carry his size with in two days for us to pick up at the Melbourne store. Called them the third day, they are clueless, the order was not placed. Apologized, said they placed the order, asked us to pick it up in two days. Called today, the guy is clueless again!!!
It is not them, I would be STUPID if I ever step in that store again in my life.

modified review This review was modified by Somna on April 16 2014 08:24:45 AM

"Awful!!! Don't ever bring in a suit to get tailored that you didn't buy in the store. Brought one in and they told me it would be more because I bought it from outside the store (DOUBLE). They told me it would be 2 weeks and they marked on the slip to have it in 3 1/2 weeks without me knowing. I noticed at the register and one of the people there marked to have it a week earlier (STILL @ 1/2 WEEKS!!!). I called a week later to see if they could possibly move it up another three days because I needed it for an important meeting. The response I got: "Since the suit wasn't one of ours we put you in the back of the line". So I paid DOUBLE the price to have my suit tailored twice the time it would take if I bought one of their crappy suits. By the way, their two for one deal is not that great. You can go to Saks Off 5th and get a $1000-$2000 suit for $200-$250. If you go to Men's Warehouse you get a $500 suit for $500 unless they have the buy one get one free event. It is a bunch of crap. They also tried to upsell me some crappy shoes that I returned after getting home and realizing that they tore into my feet after I walked a few steps. When I went to return them they kept trying to upsell me and tried to get me to take a store credit. Never EVER going back. George Zimmer should be happy he got fired from his own company. If he is the reason behind it, then he deserved it. If their service has gone down since he got fired then he should be happy his name isn't associated with such a shady business. I hope they all go bankrupt. I am in sales and would never use any of their horrible tactics to swindle people out of money and I sure as heck wouldn't give such poor service."

modified review This review was modified by gearhead502 on March 07 2014 06:25:40 PM

"Awful, awful, awful!!! The store in Mishawaka, IN has horribly trained employees and a manager that is indifferent at best. 7 out of the 9 tuxes we ordered were wrong....and they said it was an acceptable ratio of error! No apologies, no explanations, nothing!! Worst experience with rental tuxes EVER, and I've been in the wedding industry for 20 years!!"

modified review This review was modified by Mamadiva on January 20 2014 09:26:30 AM

" I needed a formal wear rental for my teenage son. Mens Wearhouse website advertised from 59.99. I consider myself a savvy shopper and always search out fine print. I felt confident Mens Wearhouse, from their info on the website, would be okay. The first salesman wanted to sell us a suit, saying it'd only be a little more than the rental. What growing teenage boy needs an expensive suit?
He shuffled us back to the rear of the store for rentals. Now we were up to a $139 rental. Their website has a "how to rent" page. It does not say anything about 7 days in advance. We need this 3 days out and got nailed for $20 rush fee.
A call to their cust svc did nothing except reading to me fine print exceptions.
This business puts unrealistic prices on its website to lure customers into the store, where they try to upgrade your purchase. Like the young woman on the cust svc line, "...it's just like anywhere else..." No, ma'am, it's not like anywhere else.
There are businesses that put the customer's best interests first. Mens Wearhouse is all about adding to their interest. How is this suppose to make me want to be a return customer? This was my first experience with formal wear rental and with Mens Wearhouse. It will be my last experience with them. Their advertising is not legitimate. Their "buy 1 get 1 (or 2) free" applies to a marginal stock.
Mens Wearhouse is a typical bait and switch operation that will never see another dime of my money.

modified review This review was modified by gijoe7898 on December 10 2013 06:22:55 PM

"19 people apparently agree with me:
Horrible; this unpleasant beast of a lady tells me, its standard policy for them to order the wrong color and make you come in to fix the problem on your time. Do yourself a favor and find any other tuxedo rental place besides Men's Warehouse, they obviously do not care about repeat customers or know anything about customer service. We gave them an opportunity to at least admit there mistake, nothing; just flat out refused to even acknowledge their mistake.

modified review This review was modified by xoopskillet999 on August 04 2013 12:00:22 PM

"I went to buy a sports coat, with some specifics -- the size and something in a lower price range. I never in my life have ever been treated so dismissively. The sales man seriously needed some social skills (i.e. how to deal with people from different backgrounds, expectations, etc.)

I recall other experiences in the past of being treated similarly, maybe because they are pressured to sell. Regardless, this is no reason to be condescending and dismissive because I am spending good money there anyway. I would give this place a no star rating based on this experiences as well as others in the past, however the guy at the counter was nice and was probably put there to make up for the extremely bad service created by high pressure sales.

modified review This review was modified by lifestooshort on May 01 2013 03:43:15 PM

"Bad service. I cancalled my wedding party order because it was so bad."

modified review This review was modified by MichaelMJF on February 19 2013 10:42:33 PM

"After getting my wedding dress and all of my bridesmaid's dresses from David's Bridal, I was given a promotion to get my tuxedo's from Men's Wearhouse, their "Partner" store. I was assured that they had a broad range of tuxes to match my bridesmaids (Clover & Malibu). My Fiance and I went in to pick him a tux, then to send in the groomsmen. The staff looked bored and unhelpful. One boy who worked with me acted like we were required to be there and accept whatever he offered. He was no sort of salesman. It took me asking all of the questions and saying EXACTLY what I wanted to get any information at all. He just kept saying, because he's so "small" (5'5" &140lbs) that they were going to have a hard time finding what I wanted. I asked to see a jacket on my fiance so I could see what I was looking for. When he took his measurements and came back with a jacket, my fiance could not raise his arms over 4" from his sides. Behind the collar was completely buckled, and when I asked them why it did that, one other boy came up to us and said, "they are made on a manikin, they are all going to be like that." I said that I had never seen that before, and I was given the reply that my fiance had very square shoulders (which his shoulders slope downwards, he isn't a box). I said I wanted one size up, and they said it would look bad. I had his try it on anyways and it stopped buckling, and he could raise his arms. The boys walked all over us until I started to get upset and I told him I wasn't interested then. I told him I wanted to see the vests and ties that they supposedly had in my colors. When he showed me a book, they did not have my colors in a solid, only ugly patterns that changed the color itself, like a Paisley Malibu and a Clover-White bubble mix. The Clover vest did not match the tie, like one was bubble, one was striped. There is another place in town that lets you rent for a 1/3rd of the price, anything they have, and they have SOLIDS. For me, walking out of there was a no brainer. This store did not make me feel like a bride, and it was clear that it did not matter to them if we rented or not. Very disrespectful, and I will not be back."

"I have no idea what to do, we went with mens wearhouse for our upcoming wedding and just pray that it will work out. Maybe then I will add a couple stars. Im a very understanding person but this company has messed up soooo many times on our order already, not confident that they will pull through the day of. Working on going with different company hopefully.
Mens wearhouse told us that guys from different states and towns could go and get measured at closest location to them. So we had guys In North Carolina, California and Nevada go into their stores--Each store made the same mistake and I had to call and try to deal with it about 5-6 times now..
1. We decided to go with turquoise tie and handkerchief-does not come with rental, they have to order and pay extra for it. Each store argued with my groomsmen, told them it came with it and to not worry about it. One store told them just to use teal instead, that they didnt have turquoise!! The groomsmen told them to check their notes and that they were for sure supposed to buy it and that it doesnt come with. EACH guy was sent away without tie and handkerchief. So now all of them have to go back and order it. Thats a two hour drive for a few of them... When i called to make sure this doesnt happen again, they said to wait till we pick them up for the wedding to worry about it!! Are you kidding? You guys suck now, why would i wait till my wedding day to see all your mistakes, and if we waited they might not be in stock and we would have to order them. Then they wouldnt come in on time. Everytime i call they say they have it fixed but then the groomsmen keep being argued with, told their wrong and sent away with no tie or handkerchief.
2. Told us to have everyone fitted by certain date. Brought in our ring bearer for sizing. THey told his mom to wait to have him fitted till two weeks before wedding. Sent them away without fitting him. A week later Mens wearhouse calls me asking if im canceling my ring bearer. NO!! They tell me to come in to have him fitted and that we should have had it done by now. So now she has to go back and get him fitted. Shes a single mom so thanks for wasting her time and gas money.

This company needs to work on their communication and TRAIN their employees on how to do their job. It cant be that hard, seriously its just suits!! Will never recommend this company and will never use them again. DO not use them for anything important, its obvious they dont care at all. Im so sick of us arguing with them when we know we are right, they just cant read their own note section I guess. Really disappointed, this could be such a great company if they did their jobs right. Sorry but these are weddings, you cant mess up over and over. Been to their mall location too, come on really? That location is a joke.

Men's Wearhouse is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Men's Wearhouse is not a merchant member
Men's Wearhouse does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!