"God awful store in MELBOURNE FLorida. It is a pity they even have a store open like this. Disgrace to the word customer service or keeping the word. Made us pay for a suit for our six year old, among other things, with the promise of ordering one size up from a store 40 miles away because they did not carry his size with in two days for us to pick up at the Melbourne store. Called them the third day, they are clueless, the order was not placed. Apologized, said they placed the order, asked us to pick it up in two days. Called today, the guy is clueless again!!!
It is not them, I would be STUPID if I ever step in that store again in my life.

modified review This review was modified by Somna on April 16 2014 08:24:45 AM

"Awful!!! Don't ever bring in a suit to get tailored that you didn't buy in the store. Brought one in and they told me it would be more because I bought it from outside the store (DOUBLE). They told me it would be 2 weeks and they marked on the slip to have it in 3 1/2 weeks without me knowing. I noticed at the register and one of the people there marked to have it a week earlier (STILL @ 1/2 WEEKS!!!). I called a week later to see if they could possibly move it up another three days because I needed it for an important meeting. The response I got: "Since the suit wasn't one of ours we put you in the back of the line". So I paid DOUBLE the price to have my suit tailored twice the time it would take if I bought one of their crappy suits. By the way, their two for one deal is not that great. You can go to Saks Off 5th and get a $1000-$2000 suit for $200-$250. If you go to Men's Warehouse you get a $500 suit for $500 unless they have the buy one get one free event. It is a bunch of crap. They also tried to upsell me some crappy shoes that I returned after getting home and realizing that they tore into my feet after I walked a few steps. When I went to return them they kept trying to upsell me and tried to get me to take a store credit. Never EVER going back. George Zimmer should be happy he got fired from his own company. If he is the reason behind it, then he deserved it. If their service has gone down since he got fired then he should be happy his name isn't associated with such a shady business. I hope they all go bankrupt. I am in sales and would never use any of their horrible tactics to swindle people out of money and I sure as heck wouldn't give such poor service."

modified review This review was modified by gearhead502 on March 07 2014 06:25:40 PM

"Awful, awful, awful!!! The store in Mishawaka, IN has horribly trained employees and a manager that is indifferent at best. 7 out of the 9 tuxes we ordered were wrong....and they said it was an acceptable ratio of error! No apologies, no explanations, nothing!! Worst experience with rental tuxes EVER, and I've been in the wedding industry for 20 years!!"

modified review This review was modified by Mamadiva on January 20 2014 09:26:30 AM

" I needed a formal wear rental for my teenage son. Mens Wearhouse website advertised from 59.99. I consider myself a savvy shopper and always search out fine print. I felt confident Mens Wearhouse, from their info on the website, would be okay. The first salesman wanted to sell us a suit, saying it'd only be a little more than the rental. What growing teenage boy needs an expensive suit?
He shuffled us back to the rear of the store for rentals. Now we were up to a $139 rental. Their website has a "how to rent" page. It does not say anything about 7 days in advance. We need this 3 days out and got nailed for $20 rush fee.
A call to their cust svc did nothing except reading to me fine print exceptions.
This business puts unrealistic prices on its website to lure customers into the store, where they try to upgrade your purchase. Like the young woman on the cust svc line, "...it's just like anywhere else..." No, ma'am, it's not like anywhere else.
There are businesses that put the customer's best interests first. Mens Wearhouse is all about adding to their interest. How is this suppose to make me want to be a return customer? This was my first experience with formal wear rental and with Mens Wearhouse. It will be my last experience with them. Their advertising is not legitimate. Their "buy 1 get 1 (or 2) free" applies to a marginal stock.
Mens Wearhouse is a typical bait and switch operation that will never see another dime of my money.

modified review This review was modified by gijoe7898 on December 10 2013 06:22:55 PM

"19 people apparently agree with me:
Horrible; this unpleasant beast of a lady tells me, its standard policy for them to order the wrong color and make you come in to fix the problem on your time. Do yourself a favor and find any other tuxedo rental place besides Men's Warehouse, they obviously do not care about repeat customers or know anything about customer service. We gave them an opportunity to at least admit there mistake, nothing; just flat out refused to even acknowledge their mistake.

modified review This review was modified by xoopskillet999 on August 04 2013 12:00:22 PM

"I went to buy a sports coat, with some specifics -- the size and something in a lower price range. I never in my life have ever been treated so dismissively. The sales man seriously needed some social skills (i.e. how to deal with people from different backgrounds, expectations, etc.)

I recall other experiences in the past of being treated similarly, maybe because they are pressured to sell. Regardless, this is no reason to be condescending and dismissive because I am spending good money there anyway. I would give this place a no star rating based on this experiences as well as others in the past, however the guy at the counter was nice and was probably put there to make up for the extremely bad service created by high pressure sales.

modified review This review was modified by lifestooshort on May 01 2013 03:43:15 PM

"Bad service. I cancalled my wedding party order because it was so bad."

modified review This review was modified by MichaelMJF on February 19 2013 10:42:33 PM

"After getting my wedding dress and all of my bridesmaid's dresses from David's Bridal, I was given a promotion to get my tuxedo's from Men's Wearhouse, their "Partner" store. I was assured that they had a broad range of tuxes to match my bridesmaids (Clover & Malibu). My Fiance and I went in to pick him a tux, then to send in the groomsmen. The staff looked bored and unhelpful. One boy who worked with me acted like we were required to be there and accept whatever he offered. He was no sort of salesman. It took me asking all of the questions and saying EXACTLY what I wanted to get any information at all. He just kept saying, because he's so "small" (5'5" &140lbs) that they were going to have a hard time finding what I wanted. I asked to see a jacket on my fiance so I could see what I was looking for. When he took his measurements and came back with a jacket, my fiance could not raise his arms over 4" from his sides. Behind the collar was completely buckled, and when I asked them why it did that, one other boy came up to us and said, "they are made on a manikin, they are all going to be like that." I said that I had never seen that before, and I was given the reply that my fiance had very square shoulders (which his shoulders slope downwards, he isn't a box). I said I wanted one size up, and they said it would look bad. I had his try it on anyways and it stopped buckling, and he could raise his arms. The boys walked all over us until I started to get upset and I told him I wasn't interested then. I told him I wanted to see the vests and ties that they supposedly had in my colors. When he showed me a book, they did not have my colors in a solid, only ugly patterns that changed the color itself, like a Paisley Malibu and a Clover-White bubble mix. The Clover vest did not match the tie, like one was bubble, one was striped. There is another place in town that lets you rent for a 1/3rd of the price, anything they have, and they have SOLIDS. For me, walking out of there was a no brainer. This store did not make me feel like a bride, and it was clear that it did not matter to them if we rented or not. Very disrespectful, and I will not be back."

"I have no idea what to do, we went with mens wearhouse for our upcoming wedding and just pray that it will work out. Maybe then I will add a couple stars. Im a very understanding person but this company has messed up soooo many times on our order already, not confident that they will pull through the day of. Working on going with different company hopefully.
Mens wearhouse told us that guys from different states and towns could go and get measured at closest location to them. So we had guys In North Carolina, California and Nevada go into their stores--Each store made the same mistake and I had to call and try to deal with it about 5-6 times now..
1. We decided to go with turquoise tie and handkerchief-does not come with rental, they have to order and pay extra for it. Each store argued with my groomsmen, told them it came with it and to not worry about it. One store told them just to use teal instead, that they didnt have turquoise!! The groomsmen told them to check their notes and that they were for sure supposed to buy it and that it doesnt come with. EACH guy was sent away without tie and handkerchief. So now all of them have to go back and order it. Thats a two hour drive for a few of them... When i called to make sure this doesnt happen again, they said to wait till we pick them up for the wedding to worry about it!! Are you kidding? You guys suck now, why would i wait till my wedding day to see all your mistakes, and if we waited they might not be in stock and we would have to order them. Then they wouldnt come in on time. Everytime i call they say they have it fixed but then the groomsmen keep being argued with, told their wrong and sent away with no tie or handkerchief.
2. Told us to have everyone fitted by certain date. Brought in our ring bearer for sizing. THey told his mom to wait to have him fitted till two weeks before wedding. Sent them away without fitting him. A week later Mens wearhouse calls me asking if im canceling my ring bearer. NO!! They tell me to come in to have him fitted and that we should have had it done by now. So now she has to go back and get him fitted. Shes a single mom so thanks for wasting her time and gas money.

This company needs to work on their communication and TRAIN their employees on how to do their job. It cant be that hard, seriously its just suits!! Will never recommend this company and will never use them again. DO not use them for anything important, its obvious they dont care at all. Im so sick of us arguing with them when we know we are right, they just cant read their own note section I guess. Really disappointed, this could be such a great company if they did their jobs right. Sorry but these are weddings, you cant mess up over and over. Been to their mall location too, come on really? That location is a joke.

"I will never shop at the mens warehouse Again!!!! I guarantee it. What a bunch of clowns"

"Men's Wearhouse is the worst business I have ever had to deal with! When I went to their business to buy my son a suit and reserve his wedding clothes, I literally had to wait for 15 minutes, standing in the middle of the store, watching 6 employees stocking shelves, etc. Mot one of them asked if they could help us. I finally asked two people and they referred me to another associate who completed setting out jeans and doing some work at the front desk before assisting us. Then, they didn't have what we were looking for, so they said they would order it and call when it arrived. two weeks later...no call. we called back but the person on the phone couldn't help us, because you have to talk to the person you worked with originally, he is the only one who has your information! They may have the corner on the market for mens dress wear in our area, but their service stinks!"

"I returned some tuxedos for a whole wedding party (I was not involved in the wedding party) and was told by the employees that I had to stay there until they were done checking the items in, because I would be held liable for anything that was missing.... Out of ten tuxedos... Are you kidding me? If something is missing you can contact the person who rented the tux. Now I know where NOT to go for MY future events. And also you can't email a complaint because there isn't an email anywhere to be found."

modified review This review was modified by Mishaland on June 19 2012 05:25:44 PM

"I rented a tux from Men's warehouse last week and was very disappointed. I have a large neck size and the shirt size is driven by the neck size. I'm 5-6 and weigh 180 lbs with a 34" waist and they put me in a 3XL shirt! My wife could have got in there with me! The vest was a 2XL and I was swimming in that as well. When I complained, they shrugged it off as the way things are. I find it hard to believe that there's not another person out there with a 20" neck and a 34" waist! I was the father of the bride at the wedding and I had to leave my jacket on all night long to keep from looking rediculous. When you're dressed up that nice on a special occasion you're supposed to feel special and have confidence, I felt frumpy and embarassed the entire time. Top all of this off with cameras everywhere taking hundreds of photos of me and my beautiful daughter and you can just imagine my disappointment. Yet the Men's Warehouse showed no sympathy or empathy at all, they just explained that that's the way things are. I asked about the shirt when i was measured and if they would have told me it would be a 3XL I would have bought a shirt outright and had it altered to fit. They are useless and I wouldn't recommend them to anyone."

"I took my son's suit last saturday to be altered to the one by Highland Mall in Austin Texas - they told me one price on the phone and another price when I got there - their reasoning - cause I didn't buy one of there suits there. We came to a price. Then I was told it would take 2 weeks before I got the suit back. The next day a friend of mine told me it should only take a couple days, not 2 weeks. So Monday afternoon I called them back and asked them about the length of time on alterations - again, the reason it would take longer for my alterations is because I didn't buy one of there suits and people who buy suits there get first priority and they cater to those who buy there which they say is good customer service. What about good customer service who bring clothes there to be altered? We are customers too and that is not good customer service either just because we didn't buy a suit there. I would not recommend them at all."

zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US

"The website was easy and user-friendly to order items. No technical problems there. I received my items in a timely matter. They have 90 day return policy which is really good.

I had to exchange one of the suits so I went to one of the stores. The staff was really really nice. I believe the manager was helping me, and probably we spent at least 30 minutes looking for something to exchange it with. I was looking for something around the same price range, and he showed me the available suits he had. Then he also pulled out other ones he didn't had but could be shipped to the store with no extra fees. He also explained to me the tailoring and how long or short the sleeves are in the suits. I was asking to look for some suit packing plastic and he opened a new one (plastic wrapped) to show me how it worked and recommended me to buy it when the promotion of buy 1 get one free was in effect.

Great experience!

Men's Wearhouse is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Men's Wearhouse is not a merchant member
Men's Wearhouse does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!