• Rating 4.50/10 53 reviews

Memorylabs is not a merchant member
    Memorylabs does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Memorylabs contact information

"This is among THE WORST companies to do business with. Yeah it is easy to order. Yeah their prices are rock bottom. But DON'T expect to be notified when they - on a whim - cancel your order. OR if they change the status to 'pending' - you can call and call and wish you the best when it comes to talking to someone. When you do (and it's always the same guy), he PROMISES to do things and NEVER delivers. "I will email you an update." and "We will call you back in about an hour." are some of the things promised but never happened. And DON'T LEAVE a message - they DO NOT CALL YOU BACK. If you are tempted to order from this company - RUN! DON'T DO IT! STOP! And I'm being as polite as possible."

"Do not buy anything from this company. They will not respond back to emails, some of them are ignored and others are bounced back. They did not ship my product (a pink netbook for my daughter) and they give NO indication what the status of it is. My paypal account is pending. The site never mentioned anything about a 15 day delay before they ship it... If they EVER ship it.

I think they ripped me off.

"WARNING: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! They rarely answer the phone, barely speak English. They resell returned products without testing them. The product arrives late. The product is defective. You have to pay shipping to return the item, if you ever get an RMA. Shame on these people for preying on bargain hunters! Junk is not a bargain. I't just JUNK."

"Outrageously low price on a refurbished Asus G51VX. The laptop looks brand new and works fabulously. I'm glad I took a chance on this seller despite the crummy-looking website."

modified review This review was modified by hoborobo on August 23 2010 08:53:00 AM

"Wow. Extra great price on a gaming laptop. Came like new with all restore disks, etc. Would use again."

"I ordered a Netbook Asus EPC1000HE because they were the cheapest on pricewatch. Although I did not get an answer back to my email query, the computer showed up 6 days later and is perfect.
I am very pleased with Memorylabs - I got a good product at a great price delivered safely in reasonable time.

"This is by far the worst company ever. Ordered a Asus Netbook from them. I waited about a week and was alittle concerned so sent an email. No response. Finally a few days later I get an email with a Fed Ex tracking number. Waited a couple of days since I am in San Francisco, and still no package. When I used the Fed Ex tracking # is showed that the package was submitted but never picked up. Once again I emailed them and no response. A few days later I get an email saying sorry that product is sold out and that they will send me a different one. I say ok, once again a few days go by. I send yet another email, and once again no response. A few days later I get an email stating or sorry the one we were going to send you is sold out also. Avoid this place like the plague. I have sent them several emails to try and fix this situation and have had no luck. not sure how these guys are in business. "

"I had a very good experience with the purchase of an ASUS 1000HA netbook refurb which was shipped the same day and was exactly as ordered when received. Their communication was also just fine."

"I ordered an asus eee pc netbook from this vendor. The item was shipped within ten minutes of placing my order, and arrived early using free shipping.
I have had the item and have been using it for several weeks without issue.

I see several people here have had issue with this vendor. I would like to remind any reader that people certainly prefer to bitch than they do praise.

It is stated in the terms and conditions of the site that any product being returned will be at the expense of the individual. You always run the risk when purchasing a refurbished product, so buy at your own risk I suppose.

I recommend this seller.

"This is just about the worst online electronics vendor I have ever dealt with.

I ordered a refurbished netbook with them, and it came broken. It would not charge, and I never even to go turn it on once.

When I contacted Memorylabs, they sent me an RMA request form. Instead of letting me do my RMA with the manufacturer directly, they made me let Memorylabs process the RMA request.

They made me pay the shipping costs to send them the defective product.

When I told them I wanted a refund, they told me that I needed to wait until the computer was refurbished by the manufacturer and returned to Memorylabs before I could have my refund.

I told Memorylabs that it was shameful that they didn't test their refurbished products before selling them, and it was equally outrageous that I had to pay the shipping costs to return the product. They told me that they could only offer such low prices because they didn't pay to test products or cover shipping. In effect, they told me that I got unlucky and that because of their cutting corners, I was subsidizing the discounts of their other customers.

Ridiculous.

Their customer service reps don't speak english.

Their customer support line is always busy.

They are wildly disorganized and could not find any documentation that I had even made a purchase, let alone that I had shipped the computer back to them.

I won't let them replace the product - instead I'm making them give me a refund so that I can go buy the exact same product for 30% more from Amazon.

It is SHAMEFUL that I'm still trying to get this Christmas purchase sorted out.

SHAME ON YOU MEMORYLABS!!!

"I ordered a western digital harddrive from memory labs and almost two months later still have not received it or been refunded my money. I would not refer anyone to order from them. "

modified review This review was modified by horselady on January 19 2010 04:32:22 PM

"I bought my ASUS EeePC Netbook last Friday from MemoryLabs.com, then found this site and almost decided to cancel my order with all the poor reviews. Everything went smooth, it looks and works great, free shipping from San Jose to Columbus, Ohio in less than a week, typing out this review on it, quick and affordable, I dig it."

"After reading the poor reviews here I thought I would give a more positive appraisal of their store. I purchased a refurbished Asus 701Sd netbook. They shipped the unit out the next day via Fedex. Although it's a refurb, it is obviously brand new. At $129 shipped with Windows XP it was by far the best price I could find. "

"DON'T purchase from them. They sent me a tampered hard drive and then I had to pay to send it back. THEN they charge me 20% for a return when they were the ones that tampered with it. They also tried to give me a faulty 750MB hard drive instead of a 1TB hard drive. I wouldn't recommend this company for anything."

"Memorylabs sent me the wrong cpu. I called once. They sent me a form for an RMA. They followed that up with an email telling me to send my complaint directly to Intel. When I looked carefully at the cpu, they sent me a P4/2.8 Ghz/1Gb cache/533 instead of a P4/2.8Ghz/512 cache/533.

I sent them an email explaining that this cpu does not work in my board. I called and left a message. I attempted to send a fax. The phone is continually busy. The fax is continually busy. Even the fax appears to be continually busy. I had to stop payment on my credit card. The 30 day return period will soon be up, and they are uncontactable.