• Rating 2.67/10 189 reviews

MelloDigital is not a merchant member
    MelloDigital does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • MelloDigital contact information

"I made the BIG mistake of ordering 2 Canon Speedlites & 1 Canon lense from this company, all at unbelievable low prices ($622). The order was made on 01-31-13. After a couple of weeks of not receiving them, I was told by customer service that they were temporarily out of stock, but that they were getting some the following week. So a couple more weeks go by and no order. I emailed or called customer every few weeks after that and each time they were quick to tell me that they were shipping my items that very week. Finally, on 05-02-13 I asked to have my order cancelled and refunded. I got a quick response from the company showing that they were issuing a credit to my Discover Card and give it a week or two to go through. After a few weeks I called back because I hadn't received a credit. Then I was told some story about them switching credit card processors and that I would need to have Discover dispute it and then they could try refunding it. Discover has told me that the order was placed too long ago for them to just take the funds back from MelloDigital. On 07-23-13, a Discover representative made a conference call to their billing department with me on the line. The lady quickly said that her records showed they had issued the credit on 07-12-13 and I just need to give it more time.
I'm starting to feel like I am never going to get my money back. I think they string you along so that the credit card company can't take the funds back. I would advise everyone not to order from this company and if you do, do not wait more than two months to dispute the charges with your credit card company. This company should not be allowed on the internet! I would give them ZERO stars if possible.

modified review This review was modified by Badmistake on July 24 2013 11:04:05 AM

"These guys are everything that the reviews says they are. CON ARTISTS... I wish I would have seen the reviews before I made my order. They did a bait and switch with me saying they are out of stock on a canon battery grip and they were going to send a better one.. A Bower Grip. Say whaaat you got to be joking. Same day (actually an hr after I placed the order) I called them and asked for them to cancel the order. They said it has already been shipped. It wasn't until I had my brother (an Attorney) in NY to write them a demand letter to refund the money in which they did. Buyers beware. This site should come with a disclaimer. "This is a scam business" I hope they go out of business."

modified review This review was modified by Nhmcliff on June 25 2013 10:03:35 AM

"This is possibly the worst, most unreliable company on the web! If it were a person, it would be called a "Con Artist". The sales team blatantly lie about their inventory, their products performance and anything else to get your money. They and their "supervisor" (a snooty guy with a Jim Belushi type english accent) even lie about refunding your money! I never received the the product I ordered, and haven't received my refund for over six months! Stay away from this company; they are liars as well as thieves. "

modified review This review was modified by laedsemaj on June 18 2013 10:48:50 AM

"Buyer Beware!! check the BBB rating of this company. I wish I had done so before I ordered a Canon electronic flash. The other reports of bait and switch are right on!"

modified review This review was modified by lasagnejoe on May 23 2013 06:15:13 PM

"I ordered a Canon OEM battery on 12/2/2012. Was told it was on back order and would be 3 to 5 weeks but they could supply a replacement battery for the same price. I checked in about once a month and always got the same answer, back ordered 3 to 5 weeks. All this time their web site showed the item "In Stock". Finally I accepted a replacement battery only to discover that I could have purchased for less than half the price at many other places on the internet. I question their ethics and the legality of their operation. I would definitely not recommend this company to anyone. If I could have rated them at less than i star I would have. "

"Beware. Bait and switch. These guys are real slick. The other reviews say it all!"

"Never buy from this company. i ordered a T4i in february and its now may I have not received anything! every time i call they tell me that its on its way and that i should receive it soon but nothing. Save yourself time and the furstration, DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SO CALLED "COMPANY"!! "

modified review This review was modified by EnriHedz02 on May 17 2013 09:15:37 AM

"what can I do about this horrible company. They are in New York. I have had an order in from November and they did a Bait and Switch with me but I called them up and made them go back to the original order, They have told me it was in the mail and when I did not get it they blamed a snowstorm and then they said it was on back order. Another time they told me it was tied up in customs. They have also told me there must be a mistake and will have it shipped the next day. They have also added a shipping charge of 3.99 when it was free on my order originally.I have gone to their website a dozen times over the past few months and it is posted that this item is on the shelf and ready to order. They have told me they would correct this time and time again but never change it."

modified review This review was modified by Paulbc on April 26 2013 11:13:41 AM

"OOS for 4 weeks, offered me better product for 1/2 price, sent out, got in 2 days!
Problem solved, I'm very happy!

modified review This review was modified by CardinalLady on April 25 2013 07:37:15 PM

"Did not have the product I ordered as it is no longer manufactured. The representative called me and provided an alternative solution that works just as well."

"What more can I say...I am yet another customer sucked into the Bait and Switch by Mellodigital!! I listen to our gut because your gut never let's you down. I found what I thought to be a great deal I had researched the Sony HVL-F58AM Flash for a long time. Finding a great price was appealing...I with good conscience placed my order dor what was listed as in stock....like so many others I received a phone call the very next day saying it was back ordered for 4-6 weeks...a familiar story. BUT they could offer the Sigma super flash for the same price AND saying its a step up...I checked out the Sigma and seeing it comparable I ordered it. Feeling uneasy I called back to cancell. They said it was too late it was being sent. Arriving home I discovered I could get the Sigma for allot less....another call to Mellodigital and they rebated mr $50. It was then I discovered my order was still pending. I again tried to cancell my order had contacted my CC Company they are ready to take action. This has been a horrible experience!! They lie and the women I spoke with was extremely RUDE! All I wanted to do was cancell this order..I fear my situation will end like everyone else's....with a lesser product or a used one. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY...A TOATAL RIP OFF"

"I enjoyed fast,friendly service.when they didn't have the battery in stock they called and asked if I would take a replacmentbattery. I agreed and it was sent out immediately.i could not have expedited better service!"

"Mellodigital is a rip off. They have not refund my money for an item I paid for That they claim they had in stock. I emailed them about 50 time and now there telling me to call the 800 number on my card and ask for a reversal. Why must I go through all that they should just refunds money. On top of that they try to sell you another product other than the one you want at a high price. Saying that the item you want is out of stock when the fact is they never had it in stock."

"I am above thrilled with my purchase from MelloDigital! The customer service was stellar within itself and the product I purchased is phenomenal! I look forward to doing more business with them in the very near future! Dr. Jared Gilmore"

"I wish I had a better story, but mine is the same as all the others. I ordered a Canon 430 Flash on 2/10/13. It was to arrive in 7 t0 10 business days. It didn't. I e-mailed and got a response from John saying it was backordered and a shipment would come in and I should recieve it within another ten days or so. I didn't. I called and talked to John, then Lisa. I was told it would come in on a Wednesday, then Friday, then "it wasn't included." I finally cancelled the order on 3/18, over five weeks after my original order. I was told by John it would be 7 - 10 business days before I saw my refund. This seemed ridiculous to me because the money disappeared instantly when I placed the order, but I accepted it. I called today (4/3/13), after more than ten days had elapsed and was told by Lisa that the turn-around on refunds is 20 days! I'm still hoping to get my money back, but that hope is fading."