"I made the BIG mistake of ordering 2 Canon Speedlites & 1 Canon lense from this company, all at unbelievable low prices ($622). The order was made on 01-31-13. After a couple of weeks of not receiving them, I was told by customer service that they were temporarily out of stock, but that they were getting some the following week. So a couple more weeks go by and no order. I emailed or called customer every few weeks after that and each time they were quick to tell me that they were shipping my items that very week. Finally, on 05-02-13 I asked to have my order cancelled and refunded. I got a quick response from the company showing that they were issuing a credit to my Discover Card and give it a week or two to go through. After a few weeks I called back because I hadn't received a credit. Then I was told some story about them switching credit card processors and that I would need to have Discover dispute it and then they could try refunding it. Discover has told me that the order was placed too long ago for them to just take the funds back from MelloDigital. On 07-23-13, a Discover representative made a conference call to their billing department with me on the line. The lady quickly said that her records showed they had issued the credit on 07-12-13 and I just need to give it more time.
I'm starting to feel like I am never going to get my money back. I think they string you along so that the credit card company can't take the funds back. I would advise everyone not to order from this company and if you do, do not wait more than two months to dispute the charges with your credit card company. This company should not be allowed on the internet! I would give them ZERO stars if possible.

modified review This review was modified by Badmistake on July 24 2013 11:04:05 AM

"These guys are everything that the reviews says they are. CON ARTISTS... I wish I would have seen the reviews before I made my order. They did a bait and switch with me saying they are out of stock on a canon battery grip and they were going to send a better one.. A Bower Grip. Say whaaat you got to be joking. Same day (actually an hr after I placed the order) I called them and asked for them to cancel the order. They said it has already been shipped. It wasn't until I had my brother (an Attorney) in NY to write them a demand letter to refund the money in which they did. Buyers beware. This site should come with a disclaimer. "This is a scam business" I hope they go out of business."

modified review This review was modified by Nhmcliff on June 25 2013 10:03:35 AM

"This is possibly the worst, most unreliable company on the web! If it were a person, it would be called a "Con Artist". The sales team blatantly lie about their inventory, their products performance and anything else to get your money. They and their "supervisor" (a snooty guy with a Jim Belushi type english accent) even lie about refunding your money! I never received the the product I ordered, and haven't received my refund for over six months! Stay away from this company; they are liars as well as thieves. "

modified review This review was modified by laedsemaj on June 18 2013 10:48:50 AM

"Buyer Beware!! check the BBB rating of this company. I wish I had done so before I ordered a Canon electronic flash. The other reports of bait and switch are right on!"

modified review This review was modified by lasagnejoe on May 23 2013 06:15:13 PM

"I ordered a Canon OEM battery on 12/2/2012. Was told it was on back order and would be 3 to 5 weeks but they could supply a replacement battery for the same price. I checked in about once a month and always got the same answer, back ordered 3 to 5 weeks. All this time their web site showed the item "In Stock". Finally I accepted a replacement battery only to discover that I could have purchased for less than half the price at many other places on the internet. I question their ethics and the legality of their operation. I would definitely not recommend this company to anyone. If I could have rated them at less than i star I would have. "

"Beware. Bait and switch. These guys are real slick. The other reviews say it all!"

"I am very disappointed in MelloDigital. I ordered two battery chargers for the NB-10L Battery for the Cannon SX40 HS for $26.99 each, along with a battery. When the charge went through on my credit card I noticed that it was for roughly $50.00 more than my order had been. When I investigated I found out that a different more, expense product ($49.99 each)had been substituted without any notification. The person that I emailed at MelloDigital sent me the following email and I quote

"You got a better charger let me look into this and see what I can do

John Quagen

Customer Service

1-866-276-7956 EXT 301

www.Mellodigital.com"

I never heard back from him at all. The package came yesterday and after reviewing the items, I decided to keep the stuff. I have made a note not to use Melldigital again as I do not appreciated the "bait and switch" that I experienced in the least bit.

Brian Rucker

modified review This review was modified by brucker2002 on May 09 2013 05:09:14 PM

"I ordred from mellow yellow for the first time and the process was easy and straight forward. I had a couple questions on my order and the representative from MellowDigital called and we got everything fixed right up. He was pleasant and courteous and would definitely order again."

"Never buy from this company. i ordered a T4i in february and its now may I have not received anything! every time i call they tell me that its on its way and that i should receive it soon but nothing. Save yourself time and the furstration, DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SO CALLED "COMPANY"!! "

modified review This review was modified by EnriHedz02 on May 17 2013 09:15:37 AM

"I was pleased with the service on the recent order. A rep called to say that the item I purchased was back ordered and would take 4 to 6 weeks to deliver. I advised that I needed it sooner. He asked if this was my first order from MelloDigital which is was. He then offered an upgraded item which could ship immmediately at no additional cost. That is truly customer service and I will definetly shop MelloDigital in the future. "

modified review This review was modified by JimRobbins on May 08 2013 05:35:50 AM

"I ordered 2 items. A Canon speedlite and Canon LP-E6 battery. They told me that the Dpeedlite was on factory back order and recommended the Vivitar flash. Since I need a flash soon, I agreed to change my order considering that their customer rep advised me that the Vivitar was a better flash. When the package arrived, I received the wrong battery (LP-E8). I called their customer service and they sent me a replacement. I tried the Vivitar flash and had a lot of compatibility issues with my Canon DSLR. In addition, I discovered that the Vivitar was worth less than half of what I paid for. I returned the Vivitar flash and got a refund minus the sales tax. When I received the replacement battery, it was not also compatible with the Canon DSLR. To cut my losses and no longer waste my time going to the post office, I decided just to keep the battery and use it emergency since it does not show how much charge is left on the display. To my knowledge, I was ordering original Canon accessories and got switched with incompatible cheaper products."

modified review This review was modified by Kachonki on May 01 2013 10:51:15 AM

" I ordered a battery grip for my old Canon T1i, which they showed in stock. The next morning, Mello called me to let me know the grip was out of stock, and offered a Bower in it's place. The rep offered me a free battery for my troubles.

When the order arrived, the battery would not charge. Made 1 call and the replacement was shipped the same day.

Reading other reviews, many complain Mello is a "bait and switch" shop. I don't agree, as you can always say know if they call you with a product switch?

I will recommend Mello, and will shop here again.

modified review This review was modified by rglenn6245 on May 01 2013 10:31:34 AM

"what can I do about this horrible company. They are in New York. I have had an order in from November and they did a Bait and Switch with me but I called them up and made them go back to the original order, They have told me it was in the mail and when I did not get it they blamed a snowstorm and then they said it was on back order. Another time they told me it was tied up in customs. They have also told me there must be a mistake and will have it shipped the next day. They have also added a shipping charge of 3.99 when it was free on my order originally.I have gone to their website a dozen times over the past few months and it is posted that this item is on the shelf and ready to order. They have told me they would correct this time and time again but never change it."

modified review This review was modified by Paulbc on April 26 2013 11:13:41 AM

"My experience with MelloDigital was great. They called me by phone to tell me that they did not have what I ordered but provide me with an option that was better. Well apreciated"

modified review This review was modified by jimnoe on April 26 2013 09:59:26 AM

"OOS for 4 weeks, offered me better product for 1/2 price, sent out, got in 2 days!
Problem solved, I'm very happy!

modified review This review was modified by CardinalLady on April 25 2013 07:37:15 PM

MelloDigital is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

MelloDigital is not a merchant member
MelloDigital does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!