"I bought Mcafee Internet Security a short while ago, I waited about 2 months to activate it and install it on my computer as I was being deployed and wouldnt be using the computer at all for the next couple of months. Once I activated the product and installed it, it bogged down my system almost to an unusable state. I tried to exit the program, that way I could only open it when I was connected to the internet. There is no way to shutdown the program. It was constantly updating and scanning and making things much worse. When I looked on their website to find a way exit the program and or stop the constant scanning, there was no way to talk to an agent with out calling a pay-per-minute phone number. I called customer service to have my money refunded, first they told me that my account was only a free trial so they cant refund me anything when I didnt pay anything. When I provided a recipt that I had, in fact, paid the $70 they said they couldnt refund me.Then they said they don't accept refunds on opened products. After many calls, and several hours later still no refund. Stay away from this company, they are only have your money and have no service or support. AVG will be getting my money from now on.

"Unbelievably horrible service. McAfee no longer deals with retail customers and has Winferno Software handle the retail support and refunds. The product was incompatible with AOL Security Edition 9.0 and so I asked for a refund. They requested a Digital Product Letter of Destruction which I faxed the following day. Then nothing happened; no refund, no e-mail. When I sent an inquiry through their system I was told that the Ticket ID number that I had submitted was closed. I sent two more e-mails which were ignored. I found their phone number (which is not on their webpage) and it was a totally automated system that kept referring you back to their webpage. When I e-mailed them again, I was told to submit a Digital Product Letter of Destruction. It is impossible to acually talk to a human being in their system. Good luck to anyone buying a McAfee product who runs into trouble or needs help."

"I purchased McAfee Security Center 7.0 online, the transaction was smooth and the download fairly fast.

At 4AM on 9/2/06 I was getting an error message that my computer was not fully protected. After several attempts to apply an update I began to search for support. Amazingly, I was able to chat with Alan Wedgewood at 4AM on Saturday morning (Labor Day weekend). The problem was resolved.

I've been using Mcafee products since the early 80's, when they were "shareware". I don't think I've ever run across this level of support. Pretty amazing since it's only $50 a year.

"I ordered the Virus Scan from the McAfee Partner, Store Winferno, after my previous subscription for McAfee had run out. I tried loading it several times it would not work.I delve into the problem further through their web site.
The website claimed my Windows XP was a ripped off version. I emailed them several times giving the product KEY for Windows. I have not heard one word from them, Winferno. I emailed MacAfee several times stating the problem and I get no result. Every time I restart my computer the window comes up "Please Verify your subscription" I click to go and do that and they say I do not have one. Sure they have listed my new credit card information, wonder where they got that if I didn't order anything. No one has ever attempted communicate with me. I'm Really P.O.ed

"Had problems downloading product, consulted their Pay Per minute technical support, Andrea assigned a case numbe and said she would email the resolution but never did. I appears that they really don't want to help. I am currently on the phone for already an hour (408-992-8599-which is obviously not an 800 number and so I am paying for the minutes) trying to get a refund but the next representative may yet have to be born. So, for $19.95 software that would not download, I am expected to pay the Pay Per Minute consultation and cell phon minutes to try and resolve things. Mcafee is the WORST VENDOR I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!"

"McAfee is into some shady buisness practices, I had purchased the Virus Scan and Firewall protection back in 2004 and my subscription was going to expire in a month. I had already purchased V9.0 (McAfee 2005)from and outside vendor, had it installed on my system. Then I get a email after the fact telling me that MCAfee had renewed my subscription with them again to the tune of $70.00. In other words they debited my card that I used a year ago without my consent. That makes me very mad with the company. Automatic renewal is fine if it is made very, very clear at the time of purchase. I guess that thought I would remember after 12 months that I was going to be debited. To me this practice is very shady, the renewal clause was hidden I am sure in mouse print somewhere on there site so you agree to it without knowing, very shady. They should have warned me they were about to debit my account not tell me after they did, dont you think!!! They are not the only fish in the sea. Here this McAfee-YOU ARE FIRED.I hope this causes some of you to do the same. Companies that do this sort of thing only do it because we let them get away with it, dont let them... They did refund my money but I could not use it for a week while they did."

modified review This review was modified by willyburgs on April 18 2005 04:27:21 AM

McAfee is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

McAfee is not a merchant member
McAfee does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!