"I ordered a Sony digital camera online from MayfairDigital.com in December, 2004. I had to call them to get the order truly "placed" - and then they try to sell you extra stuff.

When it didn't arrive for a week or so, I had to call them - they checked on the order and said it would ship that day (strange?). When it did arrive and I started to process a Sony rebate form for the camera, I discovered that the box had arrived with the UPC/serial number label cut out and removed! So I cannot apply for the rebate.

And MayfairDigital (also doing business as George Gomez, Marcus Audio & Video, B & Y Distributors) essentially does not provide support on the telephone - they put you on hold and never pick up again.

And when my credit card statement arrived the next month I discovered they had billed my credit card $8+ more than the invoice they gave me!!

Avoid this company - it's not worth the few bucks you might save.

"1. tried to purchase Sony HC40 camcorder
2. told me was in stock both on the web and on the phone.
3. tried everything to sell more other things.
4. a week later, still not received anything.
5. called and was told it was out of stock.
6. checked the web site and found that's still in stock but increased the price.
7. WONT BUY FROM THIS STORE AGAIN!!

modified review This review was modified by penli29 on December 17 2004 05:06:27 PM

"I gave a order number when I wrote this review, but this is comical, since the order was never confirmed after 48 hours. The order number was not recognized on their website, and I had to speak with 5 different individuals today to finally cancel the order. When I asked the last guy if he actually even had that order number, or knew what it was for, he said yes, a Sony television. Funny thing was it was supposed to be for a Sony Cybershot DSC F717 camera? Finally I pressed the issue, to see if they even had my credit card on file, and finally they found the real order and the credit card info, which I promptly cancelled. This was the second criminal camera shop in Brooklyn that I had try to purchase this camera from in the past 10 days. They are not even bright enough to know how to commit fraud with in a logical fashion. Don't waste your time, because that is what will happen if you order from these bozos. I'm going to Ebay!"

modified review This review was modified by karkfump on December 12 2004 11:35:50 PM

MayfairDigital is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

MayfairDigital is not a merchant member
MayfairDigital does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!