MayfairDigital Reviews - mayfairdigital.com/ Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 0.00/10 2 reviews

MayfairDigital is not a merchant member
MayfairDigital does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I ordered a Sony digital camera online from MayfairDigital.com in December, 2004. I had to call them to get the order truly "placed" - and then they try to sell you extra stuff.

When it didn't arrive for a week or so, I had to call them - they checked on the order and said it would ship that day (strange?). When it did arrive and I started to process a Sony rebate form for the camera, I discovered that the box had arrived with the UPC/serial number label cut out and removed! So I cannot apply for the rebate.

And MayfairDigital (also doing business as George Gomez, Marcus Audio & Video, B & Y Distributors) essentially does not provide support on the telephone - they put you on hold and never pick up again.

And when my credit card statement arrived the next month I discovered they had billed my credit card $8+ more than the invoice they gave me!!

Avoid this company - it's not worth the few bucks you might save.

"1. tried to purchase Sony HC40 camcorder
2. told me was in stock both on the web and on the phone.
3. tried everything to sell more other things.
4. a week later, still not received anything.
5. called and was told it was out of stock.
6. checked the web site and found that's still in stock but increased the price.
7. WONT BUY FROM THIS STORE AGAIN!!

modified review This review was modified by penli29 on December 17 2004 05:06:27 PM