"I order a dvd drive and a cdrw drive.The cdrw drive was defective.I secured a RMA#gg04306419 and ups the drive to maximpc.I tracked the UPS shipment to their door.That was the last time Maximpc ever responded to me.No replaced drive no refund no returned e-mails.A pure ripp-off!"

"Ordered an ATI all-in-wonder 7500. Unit came out of the oem box and the DVI-toVGA adapter was missing. The manual states (twice) that it is included. All the other adapter cables were included. Called them the next monday and the guy try to tell me it wasn't part of the order. After explaining that that was not acceptable and that he would have to make good on the adapter or give me a RMA, he finnaly said he would check with his purchasing dept (BS!) and send me an email right away. After two days, I sent them and email and told them I would pull the payment. Within 24 hrs they sent me an email saying they were sending the adapter. After a week of waiting, I sent another email saying I had not received the adapter. They replied that they had sent but would try and track it (BS!). After yet another week, I sent another email and they replied that it had been sent ups. I have now waited yet another week and have now given up with these guys. They are not worth the trouble for the few dollars I thought I was saving. It has been over a month and I still can't use the card! What gets me is that the adapter is an $8 dollar part! Are they just stupid or what?"

"I bought a Samsung DVD-ROM and they sent me a LG Electronics which appeared to be used (the front and sides were scratched). I called them the next morning and found out that they only have a 2 hour customer support window per day (1-3pm M-F). I called back at the allotted time and they told me that the reason the drive was scratched is because they test all items (BS!)and that they must have made a mistake in shipping the wrong drive to me. They told me to ship it back to them and that they will send me the Samsung that I had ordered. After confirming their address with the representative,I paid the shipping and sent it back. A week later I found out from UPS's tracking site that the package was not delivered because they had moved. Alarmed, I called them during their short customer service window and they told me that their RMA department had moved (BS!) and that they will call UPS and obtain the package. Also, I was told that they will promptly send me the Samsung that I ordered. This was just to get me off the phone as I later found out. The next day, I checked the UPS tracking site and saw that the drive was being shipped back to me because it is undeliverable. I called their customer service number during their 2-hour allotted time and the phone rang a few times and then the line was hung up. I called back and immediately got a voice mail which gave no options for talking to a human. I left a message and have not gotten any reply. I have emailed them and have gotten no replies either. I am going to call my credit card company and file a dispute so that they will be investigated for fraud. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM - THEY ARE A SCAM!"

"I ordered a Samsung DVD-ROM drive and received it DOA. Sent it back with RMA number, and had to pay shipping back to them. I received a second DVD-ROM drive and it was also DOA. Now they want me to pay the shipping to send it back to them AGAIN. So I had to pay the original shipping cost for them to send the original drive to me. I then had to pay shipping to send the DOA product back to them. Now they want me to pay the shipping again.
I called and talked with them and they were very poor with their customer service. They did NOT offer anything on the shipping, and almost hung up on me. Very very disappointed. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH!

modified review This review was modified by monster8 on March 10 2003 12:42:07 PM

"What I purchased and whom I got it from.
AMD ATHLON XP 2200 buymstar.com $112.00
ASUS A7V8X mb buymstar.com 95.00
IBM 60 gig hd 7200 rpm buymstar.com 82.00
Case & power supply colorcases.com 91.00 + 10 bucks shipping
256 mgs 2700 ddr ram bananapc.com 30.00 + 6.10 shipping
gforce4 ti 4200 128mg buyxg.com 138.00
cdrw maximpc.com 50.00
dvd maximpc.com 38.00 + 7.99 bucks shipping
I placed all these orders on the night of February 19. All 5 companies sent immediate follow up emails. I received shipping info and order numbers from all the company’s the next day. 2-20-2003. Here’s a summary of what happened.
1. Bananapc.com showed up the next Tuesday in perfect shape and worked flawlessly.
2. Color Cases shipped on the next Thursday, I realized that there were no power supplies. Emailed the company and they are on 2-3 week backorder. I’m in the process of canceling the power supplies and buying them from somewhere else. Curiously after 2 emails and several messages no one is calling me back. I’ll keep trying and keep you updated. I can understand backorder, but not showing it on the website is poor.
3. buyxg.com showed up on Wed. in perfect working order. I love this card!
4. maximpc.com drives showed up flawlessly, the next Wed.
5. buymstar.com showed up on Friday which was a little later than I would have liked but without a power supply, no real point in being upset. I realized that the harddrive had a shipping charge on it, which shouldn’t have been. I spent about 3 days trying to call a full mailbox and sending emails which went unanswered. I finally got someone on the phone and he was nice enough to take care of it. Overall, not too bad.

I recommend all of these companies, the only thing I regret is ColorCases doesn’t let you know what is in stock and what is not. I have an 80 dollar power supply in my case right now which is going straight back to best buy as soon as mine comes in, so no real lost time. I just hope I can keep them from shipping the power supplies, but since I can’t get a hold of them I’ll never know. I hope this helps someone!

"these people are they most unorganized company i have ever dealt with online. They failed to ship one item that i ordered twice."

SouthEastern , USA

"Ordered windows xp home ed & a sony floppy drive for building my 1st computer , good deal , everything worked fine , no problems ."

"I ordered a pair of logitech webcams from their site late September (it shipped on 10/1/2002. I don't have the exact date because or some reason do not have the order confirmation email.

In any case, it shipped out on 10/1/2002, and it arrived on 10/2/2002. A day later. It turns out they are about 30 miles from where I live, so delivery was not extraordinary.

The webcams were exactly as I expected them to be, and seem to work identically.

I originally purchased from them because if need be, I could go over there and make a stink about it. I don't know if I would do business with them again, but their prices were right.

Maxim PC is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Maxim PC is not a merchant member
Maxim PC does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!