"On 3/25/07 I placed an order for a pair of shoes with Marty Shoes. Their website was having trouble accepting credit card information, so after my attempts to pay by Visa failed, I then paid for the shoes by PayPal. They informed me on 3/27/07 that the order was canceled and that my credit card would not be charged. I wrote an e-mail that same day to them advising that they must either fulfill the order or they must refund my Paypal payment within 48 hours. They never responded or issued my refund. Two days later I wrote them a second time and gave them until noon C.T. on 3/30/07 to refund my money or else respond indicating they would fill my order. I got no response at all and no refund. I then filed a dispute with PayPal and an hour and a half later, my refund magically appeared in my PayPal account, where hopefully it will clear.

No reasonable person should be too upset if they placed an order and the seller's website went down and the order got screwed up. If you've done any research into webhosts, you'd be amazed at how frequent and nearly universal it is for web hosts to have sites go down and have their customers' orders messed up. This is generally the fault of the webhosts running almost a pyramid scheme taking in more new customers (who generally pay at least for a year’s service in advance) than their current systems can handle. If all that had happened was that Marty Shoes ran out of the item, cancelled my order and promptly refunded my payment, no reasonable person could have any serious complaints. However, that certainly wasn't what happened with my order. While this wasn't the worst transaction in the world since I eventually did receive a refund less than a week after the seller cancelled the order, it nonetheless wasn't a good one. A customer shouldn't have to go four days without a response to several e-mails. A decent business doesn't hold on to a customer's money for more than half a week after it canceled his/her order and only refund when the buyer files a dispute. Maybe the site problems caused a backlog for responding to customers, but I can see that excusing only a day or two of delay, not four days. Decent businesses don’t waste customers’ time like Marty Shoes wasted mine.

In conclusion, this isn’t the worst internet retailer out there – there are plenty more that are outright fraudulent that won’t issue refunds. I wouldn’t be surprised if a number of people place an order with Marty Shoes, get their merchandise promptly and are happy with the transaction. I just won’t be one of those people after all of the headaches I’ve experiences in my one and only attempt to be their customer.

"Good luck trying to get ahold of anyone at this company. Customer service at MartyShoes is zero: They don't pick up the phone during business hours (I tried 5 times over the course of a week), they don't reply to the messages, and they don't reply to emails.

I ordered a pair of Rockports on 2/19, had the money taken out of my account immediately, and waited for them to arrive. A week later, nothing. On 2/27 a recieved an email saying my shoes were out of stock and the order will be cancelled.

Of course, the email asks you to contact them so they can help you find a new product. I tried calling in my new order, because my shoes were back in stock, but no longer on sale. No one picks up the phone. Ever. I left a message with my order information and a request for a call back. No call back. I emailed on 3/3 with my order information. No reply.

This company's customer service is abysmal. If you order from them, hope everything is perfect, because it is needlessly difficult to get in touch with anyone at MartyShoes. It's simply bad business practice and I cannot recommend this reseller.

New York

"Wanted to get a pair of velco fastner type walking sneakers for my elderly mom. Marty's was the only outlet on the web with the best prices. Shipping was free on orders $29 and up. Ordered the Easy Spirit Eldorado on 12/15/2006 @ 12:12 AM and the shipment arrived in the original box in a regular shipping box on 12/20/2006. Item was brand new in excellent condition. I'd only wished that they sold shoes in wide widths for smaller shoes (6.5 and under). Purchase was problem free."

MA

"This is the first place I look for my Magnum boots and shoes. They are by far the cheapest outfit around for Magnums. Free shipping all the time for my orders. They are reliable and the items arrive in perfect condition. Because Magnum products are shipped from the Magnum factory , shipping time is increased and is dependent on Magnum themselves, not Marty's Shoe. Doesn't matter to me because I'm in no rush for them. Stuff arrives in two weeks anyway.

Website is easy to use and navigate. When tracking number is available for my order, it's emailed to me. Customer service is helpful and friendly. I get a real person on the other end of the phone who speaks perfect English. This is the fourth time I've ordered from them in two years. I've bought my seventh pair of footwear from them.

Marty's Shoe Outlet is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Marty's Shoe Outlet is not a merchant member
Marty's Shoe Outlet does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!