Marlin P. Jones & Assoc., Inc Reviews - mpja.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 7.92/10 12 reviews

Marlin P. Jones & Assoc., Inc is not a merchant member
Marlin P. Jones & Assoc., Inc does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"MPJA is the last of three on-line vendors I consider to be gold standard, MPJA has almost everything and prices are great - I had a problem with a lost order in Jan, MPJA found it - fixed it and let me know what was going on every step of the way. This company is one of the best around."

"I have purchased items from Marlin P Jones Associates (MPJA) several times over the last 5 years. I thought that it is now time to write a review.

MPJA offers an interesting assortment of parts at great prices. Their parts descriptions are honest and their sales/ customer service folks are helpful when you contact them about questions.
My most recent order shipped on-time and I was, as always, pleased with the parts that I received.

modified review This review was modified by UBHappy on November 21 2009 05:26:40 AM
Rating 8/104/5

"review removed by reviewer"

modified review This review was modified by kanling on January 04 2009 11:04:23 AM

"This is another great company with a great selection of products.

Their catalog is one I look forward to getting.

Fast shipping with good prices. Great support. Great selection.

"This is the second time I'm ordering from them. The only big negative I have with this store is that their online interface isn't capable of checking the inventory status of any of their parts; in both of my orders, I was called the day after about some parts which were OOS/Backordered. This is much better than some other small online electronics parts stores I've ordered from, which don't tell you anything until you receive the order with a notice saying that something is backordered. Their phone support is excellent (no wait time anytime I've called, though they obviously are not open 24/7), and I would recommend ordering over the phone if you can as a previous reviewer mentioned.

I've shopped at a number of electronics surplus stores before, and I can guarantee you that MPJA pretty consistently has the cheapest prices on what they stock. Of course, you can't expect too much out of the quality at this price, but I've definitely seen worse for more at other places, and everything I've gotten from MPJA is at least quite usable (apart from a pair of cheap flush cutters which were misaligned and wouldn't cut anything). Of course, there's also a couple of things I've purchased which were cheap and surprisingly good quality. Overall, I would highly recommend MPJA; just use their phone system if possible, as they seem to be much more of a phone- than web-oriented company. And keep in mind that things listed in their website are not necessarily in stock.

"Ordered by phone on Monday. Stuff arrived in PA on Friday. Which is what I wanted.
I recommend placing your order by phone (instead of the internet) so you can find out instantly if an item is out of stock and then decide if you want to pay the shipping charge for that one item when it comes in.
Other than the one thing that was out of stock, which I was told about, it was a fine transaction.

" A detailed receipt is e-mailed as soon the order is placed, and a paper one is shipped. An email is also sent when the order ships with shipping tracking info. All 4 items I ordered were in stock and the quality is satisfactory. I did not have to make any returns. The only weak are was the Web site, which times out the Shopping Cart too quickly. When checking specs away from the PC, I ended up to re-enter my order 3 times.

modified review This review was modified by herbalgerbil on July 13 2006 04:00:35 PM

"I placed my first order with MPJA on 04/05/06, and
received an e-mail acknowledgement later the same day. The following day I received a message that two of the items in my order were on backorder, and were not expected in stock again until July. I had the option to cancel the order, which I did, since the backordered parts were the primary reason for the order.

A week after cancelling the order, I had not received any confirmation of the cancellation. Two weeks after receiving the backorder notice, the parts were still showing as available on their site, and their system allowed me to add them to my cart.

Their prices are good, their site is good, and
ordering was easy, but it is a waste of my time if
their system is as unreliable as it appears. In my experience, the slightly higher prices charged by other parts suppliers has paid off in satisfactory and predictable results.

"Since no one has rated MPJA in a while and I just bought something I think I should give some feedback.

Bought four panaflo fans at a decent price, and shipped what I ordered. Transaction went very smoothly, gave me a tracking number via email. Please keep up the good work.

"I ordered a microcontroller programmer on Friday 23rd, and received an email acknowledgement right away. This was in fact the last time I ever heard from them. On Thursday 4/29, because I hadn't received the product yet (and they hadn't even charged my credit card in fact), I emailed them to inquire about the status of the order - no reply. Another few days later I sent another email to cancel the order, and again I haven't heard back from them.

Other people said this company is good, but I don't know. AFAIK, they may as well have vanished from the face of the Earth.

"Clean site layout. Quick shipping. Fair price on what is in stock. Ships UPS so most in state sales get to you next day."

Rating 8/104/5

"I ordered some outreageously cheap case fans and somelarger fans just toplay with. Thier prices excelent as was thier service.

Order was shipped the day after it was placed and everything was exactly as advertised. Everything was also well packed.