Stores > Mariners Learning System

Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.57/10 8.57/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.64/10 8.64/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.44/10 8.44/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.86/10 7.86/10
Voice your opinion! Review Mariners Learning System by clicking a star below.

2017-08-10

Quick delivery

"Got my study info pretty quick, glanced over everything and it looks pretty comprehensive. I hope it's all as easy to navigate as they claim."

2017-08-07

Excellent service

"The online classroom is easy to access and the books charts and plotting tools came in good time."

2017-08-03

ILL PREPARED

"The course was enjoyable, however there were topics and questions on the proctored exam that i had never seen or heard before.
I did pass and the USCG has my application and is waiting for the exam results, MLS told me it takes them 10 days to process the exam data and get it to the Coast Guard. This is my work, it is a sailing endorsement, and they are costing me money and possibly my position. I cant believe it is going to take 10 days, I might just go to the USCG and take the exam with them. This way i can bypass any process time with MLS.

Rep reply posted Aug-08-2017

A rep from Mariners Learning System, MLS-STARRATINGS, has responded

“We would be happy to expedite your course completion certificate if you give our office a call (609) 303-0664.”

2017-08-03

Outstanding

"Well organized course materials. Staff is professional and easy to reach."

2017-07-31

Excellent preparation and material and support

"Work at your own pace and at your own schedule. No classmates or instructor. "

2017-07-25

100% satisfied ! ! !

"If you want to become a captain buy the course period "

2017-07-24

Great for those already in the industry...

"Mariners Learning System was great. Having already been in the commercial boating industry it was good to brush up on and even learn a few new knowledge areas. For those not in the boating world, MLS provides detailed study guides and video tutorials which was very helpful during the plotting module, and the online access is available for 1 year if you need it. I signed up for the 6 pack and Masters courses and within a month took and passed my proctored exams. If you can't afford to take time off work to go to a traditional classroom environment, are disciplined enough to study on your own time, and want to save some money, then I would highly recommend MLS."

2017-07-21

Easy transaction

"Thank you, great experience. "

2017-07-11

Mahalo Nui Loa Mariners Learning System!

"Stoked on my future endeavors and adventures!"

2017-07-10

Awesome Experience

"For one who loves a challenge, the online course is a definite. If you read, study, and understand the material, within a short time, you can also be on the way to being a captain!!! Good luck"

2017-07-06

Happy, Happy, Happy

"The Mariners Learning System program was very good. I haven't completed my final exam, but feel confident that I am prepared. The only thing that I feel would make the course better would be more video lectures.

2017-06-24

Review

"Gvghgggggggggfddgkkknbvggg"

2017-06-20

Great course!!!

"I just scheduled my test and feel confident I'll pass. "

2017-06-14

Can not activate

"I got the kit from my local dive shop. It seems that when you buy a physical kit, the link to activate it does not work. When I asked for assistance, Mariners sent an email asking for details of my purchase. Unfortunately, they sent the email from a "Do Not Reply" address, so I can't answer their question. I'm not sure how they could let this happen, but I will be returning this useless kit to the dive shop."

Rep reply posted Jun-19-2017

A rep from Mariners Learning System, MLS-STARRATINGS, has responded

“Since you purchased your course with one of our retailers and not online we needed additional information to help you get started. Once you provided the requested information you were up and running in a matter of minutes. If you need any additional assistance please give us a call M-F 9-5 EST (609)303-0664.”

2017-06-14

Worse course ever.

"Very hard to follow. Rules are not defined very well make sure you read all the fine pint. They do not teach you it is all about mimerising all there questions. Thousands of questions and they only put very few on test and you have to make 90% or better or pay them more and restart.

Rep reply posted Jun-19-2017

A rep from Mariners Learning System, MLS-STARRATINGS, has responded

“For the Rules of the Road Module we use a database of approximately 150 questions. These questions are used in your online classroom in the form of quizzes and online module exams that are intended to help ensure that there are no surprise when you take your final proctored exam. In the event you do not pass on your first try you can put your wallet away because we do not charge an additional fee for retesting.

Give us a call (609)303-0664 and a Staff Instructor will be happy to review your proctored exam results with you. ”

Share Mariners Learning System's store rating

Mariners Learning System is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Mariners Learning System is a merchant member
Mariners Learning System participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,380 merchant members.