Stores > Mariners Learning System

• Phone: (609)303-0664
    • Business Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm EST

• checkmark icon FedEx Ground
    • checkmark icon FedEx Express

Voice your opinion! Review Mariners Learning System by clicking a star below.

2017-03-21

Comprehensive

"Great organization and easy to follow!"

This review was modified by FawnMinnow on March 23 2017 05:00:07 PM

2017-03-17

Great Experience

"Streamlined and easy process, great customer service."

This review was modified by J_barbosa88 on March 21 2017 12:15:07 AM

2017-03-16

The Right Tools to be a Perfect Captain

"It was a pleasure using Mariners Learning System to obtain my OUPV/Six Pack Captains License. They provided me with all the material needed to assure perfect training!
Thanks Mariners Learning System!
Capt. Paul Heckman

This review was modified by pheckman486 on March 21 2017 12:00:13 AM

2017-03-16

Excellent course!

"Mariners Learning System gave me all of the tools to learn the rules and be a smarter boater. I studied for several months and actually learned the material rather than just memorizing the answers to the questions because I want to be a better boater. Someone was always available to answer any questions. If you have the time on the water and the dedication to learn on your own, this is an excellent course and I highly recommend it!!"

This review was modified by fdiflip on March 21 2017 12:00:08 AM

2017-03-12

Awesome courses, I'm learning its sweet !

"I'm excited to be starting this . it's been a long time dream of mine , but is also nice to gain general knowledge in the life style I chose to live .
The only thing I could see that would b better is if the course combined the lecture and the book.
If I could go back to when I made the purchase of this , I wouldn't of hesitated as much .
Thank you for providing this system so I could better my self .

This review was modified by cutteryocom7 on March 14 2017 08:05:03 PM
Rep reply posted Mar-14-2017

A rep from Mariners Learning System, MLS-STARRATINGS, has responded

“Thanks for your input. All of our online lectures are downloadable to a portable device like a smart phone or tablet. This would allow you to have access to the audio lectures while reading the hard copy study guide. Give us a call if you need additional assistance getting the most out of your course (609)303-0664. ”

2017-03-09

"The book binding is coming apart after 5 minutes. Not impressed so far."

This review was modified by mdrosen74 on March 14 2017 07:58:39 PM
Rep reply posted Mar-14-2017

A rep from Mariners Learning System, MLS-STARRATINGS, has responded

“We are sorry to hear that you are having an issue. Our office will reach out to you in the morning and make the necessary arrangements to overnight a new book to replace the one that you are having an issue with. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience. ”

2017-02-20

OUPV, If you want to be on the sea!

"In my previous career that I recently retired from after 30 years, I was able to take many courses like this in a very similar format with clearly stated objectives and course direction.
The Design Layout is relatively easy to follow. One needs to understand that there is not a shortcut through this course. If you want to make it easy on yourself, follow the course as it is designed. Taking the test at the end of each chapter in each module, it will become readily apparent that the student needs to pay particular attention to how the questions are worded. If you breeze through the questions, it is easy to miss a very important word and subsequently score below 90% on a test or quiz. Once you understand this, testing becomes a little easier.
The structure of the course flows with a logical pattern and each module builds on the previous module and reinforces what you have gone over.
The learning process is rewarding, especially when the light goes on in your head and you get what the segment is about. That is where reading all the material and watching all the videos is worth your time. Like I said, there is no easy way to do this other than working the course as it is designed.
The presentation of the objectives and the content delivery is straight forward and well stated. Again, open the training syllabus and read the guidelines and follow them. That is what I learned in short order. I am a meticulous person and easily frustrated and take it as a challenge when I do not understand something.
The screen navigation was simple, and I am sure the younger students won’t have a problem. At 55, I am glad that my previous profession required better than average computer skills. This is a well thought out course and easy to follow. A person that is driven to learn, will be able to figure out this course when it comes to computer skills.
My “Learning Assessment” is as follows; I enjoyed working through this course and believe that it was worth my time, effort and investment. I would recommend this course to any person that is willing to put in the time to make this course work for them.
On a few occasions, I was almost ready to make the phone call to get help from an on-line instructor. A little hard work later, I was able to figure out where I was going wrong and did not make the call.
I will be working through this course over and over till I take the USCG Proctored Exam. I feel confident that I will do well on that exam, largely due to the confidence and instruction that this course has given me.
I would recommend this course to family and friends!
Respectfully, Dale H

This review was modified by dhutchins-81570 on February 22 2017 07:00:01 PM

2017-02-16

Awesome

"Quick delivery, helpful staff, well laid out program"

This review was modified by rvlantz on February 21 2017 12:00:17 AM

2017-02-16

OUPV/ SIX-Pack

"The MLS courses are interesting and easy to follow. I did it on my own pace, using my computer and sometime my cell phone. The videos are helpful and when I had a question I always find someone in the phone."

This review was modified by stbartschef on February 21 2017 12:00:10 AM

2017-01-20

Learned so much

"Before I took the course I thought I knew pretty much everything about boating, navigation, etc but as I got into the course material, realized I really didn't know enough. The course gave me deep understanding and while I haven't yet taken the Coast Guard Captain's exam, I am confident I will pass easily"

This review was modified by lshulan on January 24 2017 12:01:39 AM

2017-01-19

Great course!

"Very well organized with multiple ways to access the information. Books, lectures and video."

This review was modified by normgoat on January 24 2017 12:00:26 AM

2017-01-11

Great experience both times with Mariners

"Captain Bob and staff have assisted me every time I contacted them They were integral in my successful education and acquiring my license."

This review was modified by duchesscaptain on January 13 2017 11:30:02 AM

2017-01-09

Too much

"Way too much to memorize good luck to those who are going to attempt to do this. ...
I won't live long enough to memorize all this stuff lesson learned

This review was modified by 51grasshopper on January 16 2017 02:51:54 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-16-2017

A rep from Mariners Learning System, MLS-STARRATINGS, has responded

“Don't give up now! Give us a call and a staff instructor will be happy to work with you. Ninety percent of the course you do not need to memorize. Your in the Rules of the Road portion of your course and although there is material that you need to be able to remember we have flashcards and other resources that have been designed to help with the learning process. We are here as much as you need or as little as you want. Give us a call (609)303-0664.”

2017-01-08

Very Satisfied with the Mariners Learning System

"I was new to online learning and the Captain's License procedure, I reviewed several programs and ultimately chose the Mariners Learning System. I was very pleased with the program, it is well conceived and the course materials that arrived in the mail later were just as well done. I would recommend the Mariners Learning System. "

2017-01-04

Not Ready To Sit Down

"So Far So Good. Love It , Books and Videos All teach exactly what needs to be learned."

Share Mariners Learning System's store rating

Mariners Learning System is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Mariners Learning System is a merchant member
Mariners Learning System participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,426 merchant members.