Stores > Mariners Learning System

(609)303-0664

• checkmark icon FedEx Ground
    • checkmark icon FedEx Express

Product & services pricing Rating 9.38/10 9.38/10
Voice your opinion! Review Mariners Learning System by clicking a star below.

2017-04-26

very helpful people very easy process getting started up. the work looks very informative and good prep for the exam

"like it a lot would defiantly recommend it "

2017-04-25

Superfast and Easy!

"The order process was easy and the materials came superfast! What else could you ask for..."

2017-04-22

Great Course!

"This was well thought out and easy to follow. "

2017-04-19

Solid Program, Great info

"I'm only have one section left before I finish and am able to schedule my exam. I feel I am learning a great deal of valuable information. My only wish is that it had a few more videos since I am more of a visual learner. Some of the audio on certain pages actually is for different pages in previous sections and doesn't correlate with the current page. However, I believe if you just take care to read every section you will get all the information you need. It is very informative and I believe I will be ready for my uscg exam. "

2017-04-10

So far so good...

"I compared my various options for learning the materials for a USCG Master's license, and was impressed by both the quality of the materials and the approach taken by MLS. There was a small, technical glitch when I tried to register. I sent an email to tech support and, much to my surprise since it was about 9:00 PM eastern time, I received an email from the owner within five minutes asking me to give him a call. We chatted and worked things out.

I completed the first few modules in less than a week. So far I've only used the course materials that are online; my package of "hard copies" and other stuff is scheduled to arrive tomorrow--about a week after I enrolled. The learning material is well-organized and clear. I've been studying by creating electronic flash cards (www.studiesapp.com), which helps. The MLS program's emphasis is on understanding the underlying concepts rather than just memorizing test answers, which makes it more valuable than the approach taken in many "cram courses."

I had one question, which I posted on "ask an instructor" on the help desk. It was answered clearly and within 24 hours.

My only concern--and it's a trivial one--is that the exam dates in Northern California, where I live, are quite spaced out. Also, many are in the evening, which can be a problem if I have to drive three hours to get home afterwards. You'd think that with all of the proctored testing centers (e.g., Pearson VUE) around the country that offer very flexible scheduling for hundreds of computer-based exams, that MLS would be able to offer greater flexibility when it comes to testing dates and times. We'll see if this becomes an annoyance later on.

2017-04-03

Great course, friendly staff.

"Fantastic experience, online portion has great navigation. Would strongly recommend."

2017-04-02

Awesome Course, very detailed and makes Learning Fun and Esay

"Great Course, I am really enjoying Learning for Once"

2017-03-29

Best of the Batch

"Great program and learning platform."

2017-03-29

Need a better balance between the written and visual aspects. ( better visual aides / more comprehensive videos )

"Still working through the material . "

2017-03-28

Good expetience

"I haven't yet taken the written test, but the material online was well organized and easy to follow. It had the expected errors here and there, and a few quiz questions that we're not clear in the training material. I l8ke that the reading material is in downloadable off format, and that I can re-take lesson quizzes over again. Being able to take the electronic exam before the paper is also great for piece of mind."

2017-03-21

Comprehensive

"Great organization and easy to follow!"

2017-03-17

Great Experience

"Streamlined and easy process, great customer service."

2017-03-16

The Right Tools to be a Perfect Captain

"It was a pleasure using Mariners Learning System to obtain my OUPV/Six Pack Captains License. They provided me with all the material needed to assure perfect training!
Thanks Mariners Learning System!
Capt. Paul Heckman

2017-03-16

Excellent course!

"Mariners Learning System gave me all of the tools to learn the rules and be a smarter boater. I studied for several months and actually learned the material rather than just memorizing the answers to the questions because I want to be a better boater. Someone was always available to answer any questions. If you have the time on the water and the dedication to learn on your own, this is an excellent course and I highly recommend it!!"

2017-03-12

Awesome courses, I'm learning its sweet !

"I'm excited to be starting this . it's been a long time dream of mine , but is also nice to gain general knowledge in the life style I chose to live .
The only thing I could see that would b better is if the course combined the lecture and the book.
If I could go back to when I made the purchase of this , I wouldn't of hesitated as much .
Thank you for providing this system so I could better my self .

Rep reply posted Mar-14-2017

A rep from Mariners Learning System, MLS-STARRATINGS, has responded

“Thanks for your input. All of our online lectures are downloadable to a portable device like a smart phone or tablet. This would allow you to have access to the audio lectures while reading the hard copy study guide. Give us a call if you need additional assistance getting the most out of your course (609)303-0664. ”

Share Mariners Learning System's store rating

Mariners Learning System is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Mariners Learning System is a merchant member
Mariners Learning System participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,413 merchant members.