Stores > Marine Depot

• Address: 14271 Corporate Drive
    • Contact: customercare@marinedepot.com
    • Phone: 714-385-0080
    • Customer Support: 800-566-3474
    • Business Hours: M-F 7am to 6pm PST. Saturday 8am to 4pm.
    • Fax: 714-385-0180

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

2016-08-09

No Product Support

"Dealt with them for many years. Everything was great until I had a problem with an item I bought from them. They did absolutely nothing to let me return the defective item, or help with warranty. STAY AWAY FROM. When you have a problem you are on your own. Many of the items they carry have no support from the overseas manufacturer."

2016-07-25

Getting the shaft after 10+ Years of Loyalty

"I’ve been a customer of Marine Depot for the past 10 years. Getting back into the aquarium hobby, I decided to go back to Marine Depot to purchase my items. In the past couple of weeks I’ve spent over $3000 designing my new aquarium. They were very nice to me, and went through a list of items and recommendations of equipment that I would need.
I have never had a problem with Marine Depot before until today. One of the items that was on my list did not work with the tank that I have purchased. Please keep in mind the list was discussed with the folks at Marine Depot and both items that did not work together were purchased from them.
Over the past 10+ years, I have never returned anything. This was my first time ever trying to return something at Marine Depot. The cost of this one item is $285. To keep things short, Marine Depot said that I could not return it and I am stuck with the $285 piece of equipment. I could go ahead and purchase the upgraded item for $349, but I would not receive any credit for the $285 spent.
My advice, Do not buy from marinedepot.com. They are very nice when you are buying items, but guaranteed if you try to return something it most likely will not happen. I usually buy from more reputable online businesses like Amazon, but I do try to bring business to smaller businesses. This mistake cost me $285. It’s just not the money, but more of a feeling of helplessness when the merchant says “nothing they can do”.

This review was modified by bay_area408 on July 25 2016 02:43:13 PM

2016-03-15

Worse experience ever!!!

"I have a leaking device, call customer service and after a week they told me to send the item back. I had to pay for the item to be packaged and shipped out of my own dime. After a week from shipment they tell me the the item is a total loss due to being damage. So now I have to deal with the ups store. Bad customer service and very fishy practice. I don't trust them and like their practice. Bad customer service. "

This review was modified by Fire9182 on March 15 2016 09:19:46 AM

2015-05-08

"There only two online aquatic supply dealers I will deal with and I've tried most marine depot is one great customer service and foster and smith the rest of them can't even come close."

2014-11-02

"We have had this fish tank since April. It is fantastic! Clear viewing and it works great. No problems at all. Thank you."

This review was modified by Lisaranch on November 02 2014 08:17:47 AM

2014-07-29

"Great service !!! . will be a repeat customer"

2014-07-27

"Best price.. Fast delivery... "

2014-07-26

"Awesome customer service and received my item quickly. Definitely reccomend them"

2014-07-21

"Excellent service and quick delivery. Will continue to do business with Marine Depot. "

2014-07-20

"Delivered as promised. The order arrived packaged well and timely."

2014-07-19

"I always order from Marinedepot, great service and the products always come nice and packed."

2014-07-18

"Never had a problem with anything from Marine Depot products."

2014-07-18

"I've always had good luck ordering from marine depot.
Thanks again

2014-07-18

"Thank You for a fast delivery i'll keep marine depot in mind for other things i might need in my aquarium hobby."

2014-07-17

"This is my first time dealing with Marine Depot and they were fantastic. Support quickly answered questions I had and the product was quickly shipped. I would definitely order from them again."

Share Marine Depot's store rating

Marine Depot is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Marine Depot is not a merchant member
Marine Depot does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!