• Address: 206 Market St Kenilworth, NJ

Product & services pricing Rating 6.68/10 6.68/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.73/10 9.73/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.29/10 9.29/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.93/10 9.93/10

"I wanted to replace my aging PC with a hand built premium PC that would last a number of years. After researching, I decided that Maingear had the reputation and product that would satisfy my needs. My choice was one their F131 Super Stock PCs. I used their online configuration tool to select the PCs components. Before ordering, I discussed my selections with one of their staff to ensure a good build. He was able to add a component I wanted to the tool that was not one of the available choices. I placed my order and less than two weeks later had my new PC. Maingear kept me updated on each stage of the order and build process. The new PCs performance is far greater than I expected and the build quality is truly amazing. I had a few questions as i was setting up the PC and a quick call to one of the staff got them all answered. After a little more than a month of use, I am a very satisfied customer and would highly recommend Maingear Computers."

"i was looking around for a computer that would last me . one that i would not have to upgread for a long time . i looked on line for a couple of mouth checking all the other brands. i found maingear they had everything i wanted in a gaming computer and more. it is worth its weight in gold if you want a computer that well last you a long time get the maingear shift you well like it"

"I was looking around for a company who produced a really powerful yet slim profile laptop and came across the Pulse 17 from Maingear. What I really liked was the customization available: everything from processor and memory specification to the pre-installed software (so few places actually offer Windows 7 now and for me that was a must).

The whole process, from ordering to delivery was perfect, with Maingear sending regular update emails. Shipping from the US to UK was lightning fast and the quality of support is first rate. A truly excellent company who I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone looking for a custom-built laptop.

"All the stuff you want without all the crap you don't. Amazing machine, reasonably priced, precisely built to my specs. Maingear is now the only company I will ever buy from or recommend.

I initially had trouble putting in an order because of a foreign credit card, but after contacting Maingear by phone, they quickly set up an alternate way for me to order. I got updates during the build, test and shipping process and any contact I had with the company itself was extremely positive. Service and quality are outstanding.

"After pricing out a home built computer, I considered looking into a commercially custom built computer. To my surprise I found that Maingear Computers could professionally build me a PC with better specs for not much more. I decided to give them a try and I am not disappointed.

What arrived was a beautifully built PC with quality components for a fair price. The ordering process was easy and I was kept well informed of the build process and ship date.

To date the machine has operated flawlessly and met or exceeded my expectations.

I highly recommend that anyone consider a Maingear computer for their next upgrade.

"Purchased: Pulse 17
PROS:
Priced excellent. Came with the GTX 870M as the only GPU, but plenty of options for CPU, RAM, and HDD/SSD configurations. Hardware is powerful and can handle everything that I use it for. Comes in a sleek package that is thin and relatively light. Also came with several promotional offers that just sweetened the deal.

Shipped in about a week and a half.

Had innovative packaging that was quite durable.

They always kept me up to date about the order status.

CONS:
Aesthetically (I did not spring for the 300 dollar paint), the laptop is plain and simple. Which is not a problem for me.

However the maingear logo is just a sticker stuck on the top side of the case, Also the maingear lettering below the LED screen are also individual stickers (each letter is a different sticker). I purchased this laptop one month ago and already the R on 'MAINGEAR' below my screen has fallen off.

Now, I don't mind this at all because it doesn't affect performance. However, I think that as a small company that wants to get their name out, they would at least etch a more durable brand name on to the laptop shell itself. Now when people look at my laptop they will see that it's a 'MAINGEA' instead of 'MAINGEAR' which isn't really helping spread the brand name.

"After years of fighting with crappy machines with minimal power supplies and loaded with crapware, I wanted to build my own machine. I never got around to it, so I went with Maingear figuring at least it would be something I could keep going more than a couple of years, as I hate the disposable mentality that is so prevalent. I have zero interest in gaming, but my son was visiting and he is into steam and minecraft and the like. He loved the Vybe so much I swapped with him for now (until he heads off to college). It was way more PC than I really needed, but I was looking to future proof. I told him I want it back when he heads to college and we will probably get a Maingear laptop for him for college. The Vybe H81 is truly a sweet machine."

"I bought a Potenza and I'm fully satisfied with my product. Only cons : I'm an international buyer (Quebec,Canada) and my experience with the shipping (DHL) was awful. They lost my shipment on the third day of shipping. I managed to find it by myself (with many phone calls) 18 days later and I had to pick it up by myself in a city located at 75 kilometers of my home.
(French speaker, sorry for English errors)

"Purchased a Vybe Z97.
So far so very good as far as hardware goes, but, system is only a month old, so I hope all will be very good 6 mo.'s or a year from now.
The "manual" that I received had not been updated since 2010, and had no refrerences for my system at all. Good side of that was the included install disks, that's a nice extra. Support sent me a pdf for the Vybe set up.
The inside of the pc is very clean and well organized.

"I am not a computer expert. I a mom to a 14-year-old boy who loves gaming, and was overloading our poor old 10-year-old PC. We wanted to buy a new computer that would handle the gaming, plus anything else we might need. After doing some research, it seemed a custom-built unit would be the best choice. But I didnt want to trust just anybody to do that (and we didnt want to try our own hand at it). So we found Maingear...and we are glad we did. Great product, and terrific service.
I feel like we got a lot more for our money than if we went to a retailer like Best Buy (I feel I spent my money on things we actually needed and not stuff we dont).
Plus, Jeremy sort of walked us through the process of what we would need, and was really nice to us in person (we live local so were able to pick up the machine ourselves). The whole process was very smooth.
Overall, we are really satisfied.

"I ordered a Vybe and have been very pleased. The build quality is excellent, and the service was as expected. "

"I chose to buy a customized Maingear Vybe even though the computer will never be used for gaming. This computer is to replace my main PC at my small business. It acts as the server for QuickBooks to other PCs and I have Photoshop/Lightroom/Excel, Outlook, Firefox and other windows running at the same time. My prior computer was 8 years old, maxed out and showing signs of failing. What I wanted was a no compromise computer that could last me another 8 years, speed up my workflow, yet was customized to my needs.

After looking at branded computers, i fond that I was always compromising something. And given that my most intensive graphics are the occasional use of Photoshop or Lightroom, I actually didn't need any graphics card, though I wanted fast processor and drive with adequate memory. So Maingear customized a Vybe for me without any graphics card, saving enough money that I was able to configure an SSD into the system. And I feel that for my needs, I now have a PC that has no compromised parts. More than adequate PSU in case I want to add things later, great i7 processor with 16gb RAM, an overkill mobo - essentially a system that performs great and should last me another 8 years!

Oh, and the communication after the purchase was great as well. Email updates to let me know the status of my build, and the computer arrived a day earlier than promised. Plugged it in and it fired up without issue. Great service, better pricing than other boutique companies that I looked at, and no compromises on what I wanted!

"Great computer from a great company. Got a Maingear Vybe. I customized it by putting in an SSD and changed the graphics card to an Nvidia GTX 760. I use the computer mostly web, e-mail and home financial stuff but also for X-Plane 10 and Microsoft FSX driving two monitors (might go to 3 monitors eventually). The computer is scream'n fast and no junk software pre-installed. I went with Windows 7 pro as the OS (considering a pc version of Linux in the future after using it at work).

A pleasant surprise was the quality of the sound card. I had always assumed that the speakers that came with my old HP were junk and that is why the sound was just OK. Turns out it was the sound card in the HP that was junk. The Maingear Vybe has incredible sound with the standard sound card.

The order process went smoothly with almost daily e-mails on the ordering process, build status, and shipping info (shipped from NJ to CO). The computer was very well packaged and comes with an enclosed 3 ring binder of useful info.

Price for the system was very competitive with other systems. Individual components were a little pricey but the build quality and experience are worth it in my opinion.

It took about a week to build and test my system. Oder date was Mon 4/21/2014, ship date was Tue 4/29/2014.

"Awesome company! After much research, I found that they offered the best price for the level of system that I want, plus I'd heard about their legendary customer service. It was great to get to experience that service first hand!

I ordered one of their desktops, the "Vybe," last week. This week, they started a promotion offering a free extended warranty. I contacted their service department and offered to pay the cancellation fee to upgrade the warranty (knowing it would likely extend my order another week), and instead they threw it in for free along with upgrading my rig to include LED lights! The sales manager even gave me his personal extension in case I needed to reach him in the future.

In addition, they allow you to pick up your computer in Kenilworth, NJ, rather than having it shipped, so shipping didn't cost me a dime!

Truly a 5-star experience thus far.

"Besides the occasional Windows 8.1 issues, I've had no regrets and am extremely happy with the quality and performance of my system. I purchased the Vybe [R9-280x, Core I7, 16GB] and can easily run BF4 or TitanFall at ultra settings with gameplay >70FPS most of the time. "

Maingear Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Maingear Computers is a merchant member
Maingear Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,856 merchant members.