• Maingear Comput Maingear Computers Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.52/10 9.52/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.30/10 9.30/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.70/10 9.70/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.50/10 9.50/10

"I was really excited when I finally ordered my first gaming PC from them. My excitement quickly vanished though, when I found out that it would arrive TEN days late, even though the e-mail they sent said a few days. That isn't the only problem, oh no. The top fan in the front didn't work when I initially booted it up and now even though it does work it makes a sort of clicking noise. It will also crash randomly for no reason sometimes. But probably the biggest issue is that the graphics card gets so hot I have to remove the side panel and set up a tower fan to keep it cool. Even with the fan there it still gets pretty hot so I touch it every once in a while to make sure it's not overheating. Today when I did that it was so hot that it burnt my finger really bad and I had to type this whole review with one hand, because I have to keep my right index finger in ice water. I mean I like that I can finally play games on high resolution but I'm really debating returning this thing. The funny part is that when I was customizing my Vybe it said that the 3 fans would keep it plenty cool, yeah sure Maingear."

"Four years ago, I purchased a F131 Super Sport desktop PC, and it has performed very well since new. Shortly thereafter I purchased a second PC, an eX-L15 laptop, which has performed flawlessly. Over those four years, I only needed to call Maingear on a few occasions, for answers to simple technical questions. Their employees were happy to answer those questions.

Recently, I needed to contact Maingear for some technical assistance related to a hardware upgrade that I would perform. In preparation for the upgrade, I spoke with Tech Support employee, Jeremy Chisamore, a couple of times, for answers to some simple preliminary questions. Jeremy was helpful and unhurried with those questions and I decided to speak with him during the actual upgrade process because I had not done this kind of upgrade before. The upgrade should have been fairly simple and not time consuming.

Well, when Jeremy and I attempted to tackle the procedure, we ran into a very strange problem, that turned out to be a hybrid hardware/software issue, which required an extensive test of Jeremy's technical and trouble-shooting capabilities – as well as a considerable amount of our time. But after taking a step-by-step approach to carefully narrowing down what the problem might be, Jeremy was eventually able to identify the esoteric problem and then easily remedy it.

I'm very grateful for Jeremy's able assistance and his time, and after that frustrating project I'm now even more committed to relying on Maingear for my future PC needs. I don't expect to be in the market in the near term for another PC, but I'm already looking forward to the purchase of my next Maingear computer. Thank you, Maingear for hiring such well qualified employees, as Jeremy.

"I had a superb experience with Maingear and it really is my pleasure to take the time to write this review. Maingear caught my eye initially with their new parts and relatively low pricing compared to other custom PC builders. On top of this, I contacted them and informed them that I had a very similar set-up planned with one of their competitors and I was on the fence. I also sent this same e-mail to the other company.

What happened? The other company (supposedly reputable) simply never got back to me. On the other hand, a friendly and informative Maingear rep e-mailed me back within an hour of my e-mail. He offered me some additional suggestions and savings that put Maingear over the mark for me. Thank you Jeremy Chisamore and Anthony Cali at Maingear, you guys are an asset to the organization!

With that said, I received my rig not but two weeks ago and have been loving its performance and build quality. It's also worth noting that Maingear stocks very new components, they got in the Nvidia 6GB Titan very quickly after it was released and integrated into their options system.

I am totally satisfied with the process, customer interaction/communication, price and performance of Maingear, I highly recommend them!

Chassis: Vybe Windowed Compact Mid-Tower Case Included
Memory: 16GB Corsair® VengeanceT
DDR3-1600 1.5V (2x8GB)
Graphics and GPGPU Accelerator: NVIDIA®
GeForceT GTX 980 Ti 6GB GDDR5 w/PhysX

"My second Maingear! I'm a lifer! Fast, durable and dependable. My five year old tower is still running like a dream. I just bought a laptop for business after loving the tower at home."

"Placed my order in late May and by early June, as promised, I was experiencing smooth and fast gaming with my first ever PC. My Potenza is a compact machine that runs cool and quiet.

While I did not intended to build a computer myself, I priced out the parts and found that Maingear's markup was a great value. I got a professional build, system testing, warranty and support for a very acceptable price. For my money the value added was a bargain.

Maingear delivered the product, service, and price I wanted and I even like the T-shirt.
Highly recommended!

Highlights:
CPU: i5 4690
Graphics: GTX 970

"I have had my Main Gear for a couple of years now. Overall my satisfaction with my PC is great. It moves at a pace that is so fast I almost wonder if it is predicting the future at times. I have yet to through a game or task that my F131 can't handle. The computer has had some hick ups along the way but overall my satisfaction with Maingear could not be higher right now. I had to send my PC in once which I was worried about, my worries quickly went away. They take care of your PC as if it was their own. When it is shipped it is padded extremely heavy; to the point that Jim Carry /Ace Ventura UPS delivery man could not hurt it. What impresses me the most is their tech support. I seem to deal with Jeremy at Maingear every time I call in and I am more than ok with this. He is an excellent tech. Every time I call in for assistance he goes well above and beyond the call of duty to make sure my unit is diagnosed/running properly and that I am pleased. I honestly can't say enough good things about Jeremy and the tech support team at Maingear. My most recent experience with them is a huge reason why I decided to write a review. The time spent righting my issues and taking care of everything truly turned a horrible day into a great day. In my F131's 2 year life spans it has been a problem free pc for the most part. This and knowing that the tech support at Maingear will always have my back is the reason why I will continue on with Maingear products as well as recommend them to people in the market. "

"As a longtime gamer on Maingear computers, the latest laptop at my side was an Alt-15 perfectly suited for what I needed. Now I'm headed into the realm of high performance 4K and VR gaming, so there was no one else I'd rather have build a quality desktop for me. Anyone interested in their custom PCs or notebooks can speak with Maingear builders themselves to make sure it meets your exact specifications. They have great support available as well, and I've not had any issues that required service. Check out Maingear's website or Twitter page to see what they've been up to lately. You won't be disappointed."

"I've purchased my first Maingear PC, the Maingear drift in May 2015. I have been having the Drift for about a month Now and I couldn't be more pleased with the built quality and fine paint job. the specs include: Intel Core i5 4th generation , 8gig of RAM,and a NVIDIA GeForceGTX 970 with a Gigabyte-GA-97N motherboard. I must say even under heavy loads it is quiet as a mouse when compared to a next generation console"

"What can I say, MAINGEAR does an amazing job at building a computer and making the customer satisfied. I purchased my first PC from them back in 2010 and it was incredible. So good that I decided to get my new PC from them again just last month. I never had any problems with either PC, except my first one was just getting old and outdated (it happens). My new PC is incredible and performs just as expected. MAINGEAR was very fast to respond to emails during the building process, and always treated me as if I was important to them. I recommend MAINGEAR to people regularly and I will certainly b purchasing a new system from them in the future when the time comes! Thanks MAINGEAR!"

"I always wondered why people would spend a ton of money on a lambo or a Ferrari. Then I found Maingear and learned why. The quality Maingear presents is amazing. Not only is my Vybe aesthetically astounding on the outside, but the inside is neat and organized. Maingear left the door open for me to add another graphics card or even another SSD and they even provided the cords to do it. I will be a Maingear customer for life. 10/10"

"Recently I purchased the Potenza from Maingear. I received it in a timely manor and it is awesome! Looks and runs great. I won't hesitate to recommend Maingear to my friends. "

"I recently purchased a Vybe H81 with I7 and GTX 980 from Maingear. Everything is great! The case is very nice and things are very well organized inside. I haven't really tried the games on the PC yet since I wanted to use it for scientific computing mainly (with the high speed GTX 980). The system (installed an Ubuntu myself) is pretty stable with some heavy use - training a machine learning program nonstop for a couple of days.

When the time comes to upgrade my PC, I'd definitely come back to Maingear!

"I recentlty purchased my 4th computer from Maingear. This includes 2 gaming machines and 2 work stations.

All of the computers have been excellent.

Tech support is outstanding and extremely accessible.

My customer service and sales experience were outstanding.

I purchased the system from Jeremy. He was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. He suggested configuration changes that improved performance and saved me money. As many people on this site have noted, Jeremy's professionalism is one of the reasons Maingear provides such a great experience.

"Ordered my Vybe from Jeremy. He had a quote for me the same day but it took me a few weeks to purchase, and arrived as promised. The shipping package was bullet proof. When I first opened the side cover my first thought was they must have left something out because everything was so neat and the cables wereqmm
so neatly routed I spent a half hour just looking on the inside. Plus there was an owners manual specific to my Vybe and extra cables forfuture expansion. Startup was a breeze. To date the Vybe has not missed a beat. I am running 3 27" monitors on a sim racing rig at max resolution and it is awesome.

"I heard about Maingear on a well known gaming board I frequent (Quarter to Three). Their builds were recommended on the hardware forum by the folks there that chime in when it's time for an upgrade.

I liked what I heard about the attention to detail, including excellent use of space, neat cabling, etc. and it was time to upgrade from my five year old Dell XPS. I liked that Dell, but, I always had a few little problems with it right from the start that I could work around.

I was really pleased with the entire process of working with Maingear. I liked the way they kept me up to speed at every stage of the build process. I liked the way my Vybe was packaged, I think it would have taken a nearby explosion to do any damage to it in transit to my house.

Getting it up and running was a snap, and I have had no troubles at all since then. It's pretty quiet too (in fact, when it goes into power saving mode, totally silent of course!).

My history of buying gaming computers has been that I am not the most up to speed tech guy you will meet, but I know enough to read up on the components, and then I rely on the advice of other experts. I went through a stretch a while back where I easily spent about twice as much on computers with Falcon Northwest and there were still the odd technical difficulties with some of their builds.

I'm not knocking Falcon Northwest, but, I am much happier with my new Vybe than I have been with a gaming computer going back over the last fifteen years. I'm here to stay, and would recommend Maingear to anyone looking to upgrade who wants to work with a company that is taking a lot of care to do this right, and take care of their customers!

Share Maingear Computers's store rating

Maingear Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Maingear Computers is a merchant member
Maingear Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,702 merchant members.