• Address: 206 Market St Kenilworth, NJ

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.52/10 9.52/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.15/10 9.15/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.38/10 9.38/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.29/10 9.29/10

"After years of fighting with crappy machines with minimal power supplies and loaded with crapware, I wanted to build my own machine. I never got around to it, so I went with Maingear figuring at least it would be something I could keep going more than a couple of years, as I hate the disposable mentality that is so prevalent. I have zero interest in gaming, but my son was visiting and he is into steam and minecraft and the like. He loved the Vybe so much I swapped with him for now (until he heads off to college). It was way more PC than I really needed, but I was looking to future proof. I told him I want it back when he heads to college and we will probably get a Maingear laptop for him for college. The Vybe H81 is truly a sweet machine."

"I bought a Potenza and I'm fully satisfied with my product. Only cons : I'm an international buyer (Quebec,Canada) and my experience with the shipping (DHL) was awful. They lost my shipment on the third day of shipping. I managed to find it by myself (with many phone calls) 18 days later and I had to pick it up by myself in a city located at 75 kilometers of my home.
(French speaker, sorry for English errors)

"Purchased a Vybe Z97.
So far so very good as far as hardware goes, but, system is only a month old, so I hope all will be very good 6 mo.'s or a year from now.
The "manual" that I received had not been updated since 2010, and had no refrerences for my system at all. Good side of that was the included install disks, that's a nice extra. Support sent me a pdf for the Vybe set up.
The inside of the pc is very clean and well organized.

"I am not a computer expert. I a mom to a 14-year-old boy who loves gaming, and was overloading our poor old 10-year-old PC. We wanted to buy a new computer that would handle the gaming, plus anything else we might need. After doing some research, it seemed a custom-built unit would be the best choice. But I didnt want to trust just anybody to do that (and we didnt want to try our own hand at it). So we found Maingear...and we are glad we did. Great product, and terrific service.
I feel like we got a lot more for our money than if we went to a retailer like Best Buy (I feel I spent my money on things we actually needed and not stuff we dont).
Plus, Jeremy sort of walked us through the process of what we would need, and was really nice to us in person (we live local so were able to pick up the machine ourselves). The whole process was very smooth.
Overall, we are really satisfied.

"I ordered a Vybe and have been very pleased. The build quality is excellent, and the service was as expected. "

"I chose to buy a customized Maingear Vybe even though the computer will never be used for gaming. This computer is to replace my main PC at my small business. It acts as the server for QuickBooks to other PCs and I have Photoshop/Lightroom/Excel, Outlook, Firefox and other windows running at the same time. My prior computer was 8 years old, maxed out and showing signs of failing. What I wanted was a no compromise computer that could last me another 8 years, speed up my workflow, yet was customized to my needs.

After looking at branded computers, i fond that I was always compromising something. And given that my most intensive graphics are the occasional use of Photoshop or Lightroom, I actually didn't need any graphics card, though I wanted fast processor and drive with adequate memory. So Maingear customized a Vybe for me without any graphics card, saving enough money that I was able to configure an SSD into the system. And I feel that for my needs, I now have a PC that has no compromised parts. More than adequate PSU in case I want to add things later, great i7 processor with 16gb RAM, an overkill mobo - essentially a system that performs great and should last me another 8 years!

Oh, and the communication after the purchase was great as well. Email updates to let me know the status of my build, and the computer arrived a day earlier than promised. Plugged it in and it fired up without issue. Great service, better pricing than other boutique companies that I looked at, and no compromises on what I wanted!

"Great computer from a great company. Got a Maingear Vybe. I customized it by putting in an SSD and changed the graphics card to an Nvidia GTX 760. I use the computer mostly web, e-mail and home financial stuff but also for X-Plane 10 and Microsoft FSX driving two monitors (might go to 3 monitors eventually). The computer is scream'n fast and no junk software pre-installed. I went with Windows 7 pro as the OS (considering a pc version of Linux in the future after using it at work).

A pleasant surprise was the quality of the sound card. I had always assumed that the speakers that came with my old HP were junk and that is why the sound was just OK. Turns out it was the sound card in the HP that was junk. The Maingear Vybe has incredible sound with the standard sound card.

The order process went smoothly with almost daily e-mails on the ordering process, build status, and shipping info (shipped from NJ to CO). The computer was very well packaged and comes with an enclosed 3 ring binder of useful info.

Price for the system was very competitive with other systems. Individual components were a little pricey but the build quality and experience are worth it in my opinion.

It took about a week to build and test my system. Oder date was Mon 4/21/2014, ship date was Tue 4/29/2014.

"Awesome company! After much research, I found that they offered the best price for the level of system that I want, plus I'd heard about their legendary customer service. It was great to get to experience that service first hand!

I ordered one of their desktops, the "Vybe," last week. This week, they started a promotion offering a free extended warranty. I contacted their service department and offered to pay the cancellation fee to upgrade the warranty (knowing it would likely extend my order another week), and instead they threw it in for free along with upgrading my rig to include LED lights! The sales manager even gave me his personal extension in case I needed to reach him in the future.

In addition, they allow you to pick up your computer in Kenilworth, NJ, rather than having it shipped, so shipping didn't cost me a dime!

Truly a 5-star experience thus far.

"Besides the occasional Windows 8.1 issues, I've had no regrets and am extremely happy with the quality and performance of my system. I purchased the Vybe [R9-280x, Core I7, 16GB] and can easily run BF4 or TitanFall at ultra settings with gameplay >70FPS most of the time. "

"I received my Maingear Nomad 17 near the end of May 2014. It is very fast and all is working great. The quality of workmanship is excellent.
Steve C.

"With the impeding demise of XP, and my then current PC showing it's age I decided to upgrade to a new one. After doing research with the big manufacturers (Dell & Lenovo) and not finding the combo of speed, OS and price i was looking for I did some research and found Maingear.
I ordered a Vybe, with 32Gb ram, GTX 780, Win 7 Pro and a 2Gb hybrid HD, with a 3Gb second / bu HD.
Ordering was easy, delivery was a little later than promised, but certainly worth the wait of an extra week.
My new PC is now much faster and I couldn't be happier. thank you Maingear and excellent product and I will order from you again in the future.

"I purchased a customized Vybe from Maingear and it met or exceeded all my expectations. I've had no issues with the computer and everything was as I had ordered. It was shipped a day after the estimated shipping date, but it arrived at my house faster than what they projected. I usually build my own gaming computers, but decided to give Maingear a try, based on all the favorable reviews I read. As for price, you get what you pay for... a higher quality build with high end parts comes at a higher price than the low cost builders. Worth every penny!"

"I got a NOMAD 15 fully customized laptop last month and so far I am loving it. Its clean (no unnecessary software etc.) , I was able to spec it out exactly I wanted it.
I was looking at couple of other custom laptop sites, but I choose main gear because of the value per dollar I got with them. my display looks great, which is often a worry with custom display laptops. If you're in the market for custom built laptops you need to stop by Maingear.
Overall I give them an A+.
-Dinakar

"I originally ordered a Pulse 17 gaming laptop but decided to get a Vybe Ultimate desktop instead. They were very accommodating and I found the quality of their service to be excellent. Every time I made an inquiry either via phone or email I received a reply very quickly. They also ordered a beautiful white chassis that was currently out of stock for no additional charge. Jeremy C. who works in sales/support was especially helpful.

So far the Vybe has been performing perfectly. It has significantly increased my productivity for work and it handles graphically demanding games with ease. I think pricing is fair for the quality of service you receive and the attention they put into each unit - even their packaging to keep your PC safe during shipping is superior to other competitors. My only regret is I did not purchase a PC through them sooner. I hope this Vybe lasts a few years. I would certainly be interested in purchasing another desktop from Maingear in the future.

"Purchased a Maingear Vybe for gaming....and I'm loving it! Motherboard bios needed an update to be stable but Maingear quickly resolved the issue. Not totally unexpected when you are buying the latest and greatest components. Very good quality and customer service."

Maingear Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Maingear Computers is a merchant member
Maingear Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,878 merchant members.