• Address: 206 Market St Kenilworth, NJ

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.72/10 9.72/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.35/10 9.35/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.88/10 9.88/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10

"Great computer and great Gear from Maingear. Ordering, shipment and tracking first class. Computer is usper fast and nary a problem. Would buy again from Maingear in a heartbeat. Had previous system from Alienware and feel I got way more for my money from Maingear. Also, got some free games that I was ready to buy. Recommend Maingear wholeheartedly w/o any reservation!"

"I was looking for a top of the line gaming / CAD machine and initially went to Origin (Genesis). The machine took 3 months to deliver, arrived with the lower fan bay half detached, half the RAM did not register and it sounded like a droning hurricane when switched on. Sent it back and they fixed points 1 and 2, but the noise was simply too annoying to live with (expansion capability on this machine was the only real upside I can think of). Returned the machine and decided to try the Maingear rush instead as it was reviewed as being ultra quiet.
Bought a top of the line 32GB hexacore 4930 with twin Titan blacks. The system arrived a week ahead of schedule 11 days after purchase. It runs whisper quiet - even under load the sound is just a distant whoosh. Had a couple of intermittent BSODS initially and these were quickly diagnosed by support back to the overclocking. A couple of voltage tweaks later and the system has been solid as a rock and (I can not emphasize this enough) WHISPER quiet.
If you are looking for a top of the line system that you can easily live with, Maingear is THE place to go.

"Was looking for the right custom built system for me and I ordered a Vybe and have been very happy..excellent build with high quality."

"I love my MG-17" laptop. I got it last December, have been using it for the last 8 months and got one as a gift to my boss last month. He loves it too. I actually think his is cooler, but probably just because it's newer. His keyboard has the rainbow colors, while mine is just red backlit (it changes colors though, you can set them up). The difference when Windows starts is huge compared to my old machine. It's like a MAC, the way it looks, the weight, the power supply is light. I had it as a replacement to my HP HDX and my boss's replaced hi Qosmio. Not even trying to compare them, the Maingear is way better. Keep the good works, guys! I had slight issues with the built-in camera and had to send the first one back, but after being fixed, it perfect."

"I am a graphic designer/ videographer. As client jobs were piling up, I quickly realized that I needed a computer that could keep up with the workload.

I've used Mac for the past 5 years, but now that I am using more CPU and GPU applications, there was no Mac that could meet my needs for a reasonable price.

I couldn't be happier with my Maingear purchase. Being able to run Adobe After Effects, Preimiere Pro, and Audition all at the same time has completely changed my workflow and has allowed me to take on even more jobs. As far as rendering HD DSLR footage, my Maingear PC blows my Macbook Pro out of the water and it does it without even breaking a sweat.

Maingear has changed my mindset from Apple fanboy to performance > everything.

"I wanted to replace my aging PC with a hand built premium PC that would last a number of years. After researching, I decided that Maingear had the reputation and product that would satisfy my needs. My choice was one their F131 Super Stock PCs. I used their online configuration tool to select the PCs components. Before ordering, I discussed my selections with one of their staff to ensure a good build. He was able to add a component I wanted to the tool that was not one of the available choices. I placed my order and less than two weeks later had my new PC. Maingear kept me updated on each stage of the order and build process. The new PCs performance is far greater than I expected and the build quality is truly amazing. I had a few questions as i was setting up the PC and a quick call to one of the staff got them all answered. After a little more than a month of use, I am a very satisfied customer and would highly recommend Maingear Computers."

"i was looking around for a computer that would last me . one that i would not have to upgread for a long time . i looked on line for a couple of mouth checking all the other brands. i found maingear they had everything i wanted in a gaming computer and more. it is worth its weight in gold if you want a computer that well last you a long time get the maingear shift you well like it"

"I was looking around for a company who produced a really powerful yet slim profile laptop and came across the Pulse 17 from Maingear. What I really liked was the customization available: everything from processor and memory specification to the pre-installed software (so few places actually offer Windows 7 now and for me that was a must).

The whole process, from ordering to delivery was perfect, with Maingear sending regular update emails. Shipping from the US to UK was lightning fast and the quality of support is first rate. A truly excellent company who I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone looking for a custom-built laptop.

"All the stuff you want without all the crap you don't. Amazing machine, reasonably priced, precisely built to my specs. Maingear is now the only company I will ever buy from or recommend.

I initially had trouble putting in an order because of a foreign credit card, but after contacting Maingear by phone, they quickly set up an alternate way for me to order. I got updates during the build, test and shipping process and any contact I had with the company itself was extremely positive. Service and quality are outstanding.

"After pricing out a home built computer, I considered looking into a commercially custom built computer. To my surprise I found that Maingear Computers could professionally build me a PC with better specs for not much more. I decided to give them a try and I am not disappointed.

What arrived was a beautifully built PC with quality components for a fair price. The ordering process was easy and I was kept well informed of the build process and ship date.

To date the machine has operated flawlessly and met or exceeded my expectations.

I highly recommend that anyone consider a Maingear computer for their next upgrade.

"Purchased: Pulse 17
PROS:
Priced excellent. Came with the GTX 870M as the only GPU, but plenty of options for CPU, RAM, and HDD/SSD configurations. Hardware is powerful and can handle everything that I use it for. Comes in a sleek package that is thin and relatively light. Also came with several promotional offers that just sweetened the deal.

Shipped in about a week and a half.

Had innovative packaging that was quite durable.

They always kept me up to date about the order status.

CONS:
Aesthetically (I did not spring for the 300 dollar paint), the laptop is plain and simple. Which is not a problem for me.

However the maingear logo is just a sticker stuck on the top side of the case, Also the maingear lettering below the LED screen are also individual stickers (each letter is a different sticker). I purchased this laptop one month ago and already the R on 'MAINGEAR' below my screen has fallen off.

Now, I don't mind this at all because it doesn't affect performance. However, I think that as a small company that wants to get their name out, they would at least etch a more durable brand name on to the laptop shell itself. Now when people look at my laptop they will see that it's a 'MAINGEA' instead of 'MAINGEAR' which isn't really helping spread the brand name.

"After years of fighting with crappy machines with minimal power supplies and loaded with crapware, I wanted to build my own machine. I never got around to it, so I went with Maingear figuring at least it would be something I could keep going more than a couple of years, as I hate the disposable mentality that is so prevalent. I have zero interest in gaming, but my son was visiting and he is into steam and minecraft and the like. He loved the Vybe so much I swapped with him for now (until he heads off to college). It was way more PC than I really needed, but I was looking to future proof. I told him I want it back when he heads to college and we will probably get a Maingear laptop for him for college. The Vybe H81 is truly a sweet machine."

"I bought a Potenza and I'm fully satisfied with my product. Only cons : I'm an international buyer (Quebec,Canada) and my experience with the shipping (DHL) was awful. They lost my shipment on the third day of shipping. I managed to find it by myself (with many phone calls) 18 days later and I had to pick it up by myself in a city located at 75 kilometers of my home.
(French speaker, sorry for English errors)

"Purchased a Vybe Z97.
So far so very good as far as hardware goes, but, system is only a month old, so I hope all will be very good 6 mo.'s or a year from now.
The "manual" that I received had not been updated since 2010, and had no refrerences for my system at all. Good side of that was the included install disks, that's a nice extra. Support sent me a pdf for the Vybe set up.
The inside of the pc is very clean and well organized.

"I am not a computer expert. I a mom to a 14-year-old boy who loves gaming, and was overloading our poor old 10-year-old PC. We wanted to buy a new computer that would handle the gaming, plus anything else we might need. After doing some research, it seemed a custom-built unit would be the best choice. But I didnt want to trust just anybody to do that (and we didnt want to try our own hand at it). So we found Maingear...and we are glad we did. Great product, and terrific service.
I feel like we got a lot more for our money than if we went to a retailer like Best Buy (I feel I spent my money on things we actually needed and not stuff we dont).
Plus, Jeremy sort of walked us through the process of what we would need, and was really nice to us in person (we live local so were able to pick up the machine ourselves). The whole process was very smooth.
Overall, we are really satisfied.

Maingear Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Maingear Computers is a merchant member
Maingear Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,861 merchant members.