Maingear Computers Reviews - maingear.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 9.80/10 237 reviews

Maingear Computers is a merchant member
Maingear Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,888 merchant members.

"I was very impressed with the whole process At Maingear. I received email status updates over the two weeks it took to build my PC. You can tell quality of their PCs and customer service our priority. "

"Such a great company! You can really tell that everyone involved cares about the process and the end result (which in this case was a "first gaming computer" for my son, who is thrilled). Pricing is more than fair, and the computer is of outstanding quality. Thank you, thank you, thank you :)"

"I learned of Maingear from my son, who had them build a supercomputer for him.

I am very satisfied with the desktop computer Maingear built for me. It is very fast, the display looks beautiful with the video card they installed, and I didn't have to learn Windows 8, because they built it with Windows 7, as I requested.

I also liked that they kept me informed of the building process via Email throughout the build.

I highly recommend them!

"To whom it does concern.
I want to write to you concerning my laptop repair and painting!
Just wanted to thank all involved in recognizing my concerns and addressing them quickly! Companies and their teams don't often get thanked for what they do to help in your customer needs.. so Thank you, very much Jim Kubera Sole MainGear customer....

"I am very happy with my custom computer as well as the service I received from Maingear. They were great in helping me set it up as well as answering other question I had with peripheral I added to the systems."

"I come from Europe, Greece, i trusted Maingear for an extreme built of a desktop, i was fully satisfied. Whatever question i had they replied immediately, the desktop has an excellent built quality, they are a very professional company, trust them ,they ship worldwide with fair prices! A++++"

"Have always purchased from Dell or HP. Decided to have it build. Went to Tiger Direct Store, did not satified my requirements. Did my research and decided on Maingear after reading numerous reviews and articles. The product was received as promised and the quality and performance is superior. Called support for a question and got a response asap. Just be careful not to get in the habit of open it up to look how nice and neat everything looks inside."

"I have had my pulse 17 for about 3 weeks and am responding to Maingear's request for a review. I don't do reviews, but will make an exception. If this isn't your next laptop, I would like to know why. I don't play games. I selected the pulse 17 b/c I am a power user, required 2 monitors with my previous laptop to get my work done, and attached a bluetooth keypad a lot of the time. I was also dependent on a touchpad delay program. Now I only need the pulse 17, and although 6# is not light, I have happily absorbed the extra 2# (which feel more like 1#) for the features I need and the pulse 17's blazing speed and power.
Despite being a business user, I have run video files and sound files and can say that both video and sound are astounding. Video is incredibly clear and vibrant. Sound is likewise and the computer is capable of incredible volume.
Bottom line, I can recommend this laptop to any business power user who has work that is too heavy for a silly tablet and can put up with the width. The keyboard is excellent and the palm sensor is very good at preventing the cursor from taking off on its own as long as palms are positioned over the pad.
Working with two files side-by-side on the screen is a great productivity booster.
And if you are like me, with 20 windows open at the same time, having the power to do that with zero crashes and plenty of extra memory and screaming speed is too good to be true - but it is.
Also, getting a personally assembled system with zero bloatware has spoiled me for anything else. And, btw, the materials are first class. Great, stiff metal case. Nice thin feel, cool running, solid and balanced. And it is at least assembled in the USA. Yeah, it wasn't cheap, but I am smilin'
My only criticism is the Asus external DVD drive. Nice looking but slow. I don't use an external drive all that much so it doesn't matter, but if I was planning heavy use, I would choose the blu ray alternative.

"I'd been using Dell computers for many years and decided I needed a change. Found Maingear through a Google search, researched their back story and ultimately decided to go with them. Overall excellent experience and their communication was top notch.

I felt no pressure building my computer. Very straight forward and the production communication was very cool. Each email I received let me know where my new system was in each production phase. When I received my personalized, professionally built system I was completely blown away with its performance. Dell? Dell who ..

Maingear did miss one item but soon found out after a phone call that it was on backorder. I had it within 3 days. Very professional. I already recommended a few folks to Maingear and wouldn't hesitate to keep spreading the word. Awesome experience .. thanks Maingear !!

"My next computer purchase will be from them. Quality machines at a reasonable price. "

"Three years ago, I purchased the highest end desktop from Maingear and connected it to three beautiful monitors. My productivity soared - but I found that I missed out while I was on the road. So I bought a 17" Maingear laptop - blazing fast, beautiful, light, and it is even more powerful than my desktop!"

"I ordered a Maingear pc around the first of February it was the Potenze Superstock. I have came from Alienware and other gaming companies as well as building myself. I have to say they are far and above the best I have dealt with my pc arrived 4 days sooner then they estimated and runs better then anything I have owned. There sales rep Jeremy deserves super praise he talked to me like a person we even chatted a bit and he talked me out if pricier options that weren't needed. From now on this is my one and only choice in pc manufacturers cannot wait to see you guys again next tax season!"

"Hi everyone. I live in Illinois south of Chicago and have actually ordered two computers from MAINGEAR, the first on Feb. 5th 2014. I have purchased many computers over the years hoping to buy for that time what was top of the line, the best. We all know technology changes faster than the four seasons and we can almost for certain never be future proof. I have had three Dell XPS GEN 1, GEN 2 and GEN4 desktops and four Dell laptops, two of them, XPS versions. All of these had top of the line extreme edition processors and the best video cards for their time. I have owned a Gateway desktop and laptop. I have owned an HP laptop and last but not least a top of the line 3D Toshiba Qosmio laptop. I am obviously a big lover of computers. Now I am not going to pick and choose among all of the brands I just mentioned or single one out as being the best or the worst. OK, so far the Toshiba was the best. Everyone has their own opinions and experiences so it would not be fair for me to be slamming brand names in public. But what I will say is that on Feb. 5th 2014, I finally made the decision to purchase a boutique built high dollar PC that I could be very proud of, would have all of the power I needed and more. I wanted it to have plenty of room for expansion. I also wanted it to be built with top of the line retail parts, not some proprietary hardware assembled by one company that only they know and that I could not upgrade in the future. I did not want to call customer service and speak to someone I could not understand and even if I did, have them reading step by step out of a manual telling me to try things that made no sense to try. Next it would be, if we cannot trouble shoot it over the phone, it took an act of God to get them to take it back to service it. I mention all of these negative things because they are very important. I also mentioned that no one can be future proof, but addressing all these negative things can sure compensate by keeping your hardware foundation upgradeable and having the company that you purchased it from be friendly and willing to stand behind their product. Anyway in late January, I was surfing the web looking at boutique PC builders and in a random search, I came across MAINGEAR. Now there are a couple of other sites out there that were impressive as well. This made me research customer service and hardware issues and reviews. Guess what. MAINGEAR won. I ordered a MAINGEAR SHIFT nicely loaded and also a MAINGEAR NOMAD 17 loaded to the max. Now I am not going to lie and say everything went absolutely perfect. I received my SHIFT actually a day ahead of schedule. I turned it on and it would not work. Oh my God, I thought. Is this going to be another computer experience? Well it was. It was a new experience for me. MAINGEAR cared. They tried to help me over the phone that very day and the things we tried, all though making real sense, did work. They were going to help me dig deeper, but I did not feel comfortable tearing into my new machine any deeper. We both agreed it would be best if I sent it back. They e-mailed me a pre-paid shipping label and helped me set up with FedEx to come to my house and pick it up. They received it, turned it around and I had it back in a week. It was a hardware problem and it was caused by rough shipping. The NOMAD 17 was delivered three or four days later then posted, but with winter storms in the North East, I will give everyone a break. It worked perfectly and is awesome. On both machines there was some software missing but was addressed as easily as a phone call, an e-mail sent by MAINGEAR with a link to download the software as well as their activation codes. These computers and MAINGEAR as a company are by far the best experience I have ever had in purchasing a computer as well as the couple of experiences with their customer support. If anyone is on the fence about buying a PC from MAINGEAR jump off on their side and do it. I am glad I did..............Thanks for reading my long experience description

Update of my above review. Now it is April 5th 2014 and I get an email from MAINGEAR. They were not trying to sell me something or bug me. They were checking with me to make sure everything was cool with my two PC's I had purchased from them earlier this year as my above review states. Yes everything is still great and I am actually thinking of buying yet another computer from them this spring, just because, well because they are awesome machines. I just wanted to chime in today and add some more positive comments about a company I am really happy I found. Check them out, you will become addicted to greatness too, I think. Take care all and enjoy your MAINGEAR experience as I have and will continue to do.

"Awesome computer!! Customization was very easy and I loved how they sent e-mails to you as your computer progressed through the process. I did not speak to them, but I am confident if I ever have to I will be taken care of. I even chose normal shipping and the computer arrived next day, unexpectedly quick."

"I needed a computer to take with me to the UK on a half year long business trip and did some shopping around for parts as I was planning to build my second pc. I put together a decent few options for a relatively fair price. I was ready to get the parts and was ready to have to put in the effort and time to put them all together. I then remembered about Maingear (when I was younger I used to hang out in their LAN cafe) and decided to give them a browse. I saw I could get a comparable rig for about the same price and I wouldn't have to put in the work! Needless to say I fell in love with and ordered a Potenza from them. Well, I received the pc and it is hands down a computer that would have shadowed my own. The attention to detail and performance Maingear provides really sets them above the rest. The Potenza is clean, smooth, quiet, and above all a monster at performing when I need it to perform. I'm a heavy gamer and I program by day so I can assure you that whatever you decide to buy at Maingear will fit your needs splendidly as this little piece of heaven fit mine."