• Maingear Comput Maingear Computers Elite Status

Chance of future purchase: Rating 9.53/10 9.53/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.53/10 9.53/10
    Customer service: Rating 9.83/10 9.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 9.69/10 9.69/10

"Ordered Potenza. Computer arrived perfect condition and as advertised. So far so good. Zero problems. Would purchase again."

"The order was delayed due to the snow storm in the area of their HQ. It would have been nicer if MainGear emailed about the circumstances; instead, I had to call on the date of expected shipping to be notified that it can't be shipped for a couple more days. They have a system that is supposed to email customers regarding the build status, but it didn't work at all.

The communication issue aside, the laptop (Pulse 15) is great! It's worth the wait. The exterior design is top-notch. I love the paint. The laptop is thin, and light, yet didn't heat up during light gaming. Runs smoothly all of the tasks I wanted.

There is one issue with the driver of the Ethernet card. MainGear installed an older version which made the connection dropped after 5 mins even though it claimed to used the earliest version. However, the issue is not severe, I just needed to upgrade the driver and it works fine since.

The sound system is a little bit disappointing, it produces some static noises when playing loud music or bass. But I usually use a headphone so it's not very important.

Overall, the laptop works as it's supposed to. Great sceen, powerful hardware, beautiful design, light enough to carry around.

"I am extremely satisfied with my Maingear PC. I wanted a high performance machine that would meet my needs within my budget. Its a bonus that it looks so great sitting on my desk, and I love it when friends say, "Wow, what kind of computer is that?"

The folks at Maingear, Jeremy in particular, were willing to work with me to make sure I got just what I wanted... and I admit, I can be difficult to work with. The configuration screen for their products is great, but if you don't see what you want or don't understand some of the component choices presented, just ask them, they will work with you to make your experience a good one.

The after sale experience was good too. I ordered case lighting and the remote control quit working just after it was delivered. As soon as I contacted Jeremy, I had a new one in three days. Ivan was also very helpful in answering some questions I had after delivery and in explaining how to set up my second hard drive for files and documents. It was easy, but I never had two hard drives before and was afraid I would mess something up.

My new rig is a Maingear X-Cube with an Asus Maximus VII Gene motherboard, i7-4790k processor (overclocked by Maingear to a very stable 4.7Ghz at 1.28 volts!!) with Corsair h100i water cooling, Nvidia GTX-980 graphics, Corsair AX760 power supply, 16Gb Corsair 1600 (C8) Dominator Platinum memory, Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb SSD , Seagate Baracuda 1 TB hard drive, and Windows 8.1..

As you would expect, there is a huge performance improvement over my old system in several games that I can now really enjoy playing, and my rig loaded a Firestrike Extreme score of 6400. I'm a happy camper!

"Very happy with my Pulse 15, and especially with their phone support! I look forward to my next order."

"I've had my Maingear build for a few weeks now, and the computer is fantastic. Maingear was informative and helpful throughout every step of the ordering and build process. I would buy from them again."

"This company is just wonderful to deal with. Their computers are well built and beautifully put together with no bloatware. Of equal importance to me their service and support is the best I have ever experienced. I communicate with a the same person who is completely helpful and promptly returns phone calls and e-mails. I can't say enough about this company.

Their prices are not dirt cheap but well worth any additional cost without reservation.

"After having my Maingear PC for the last few weeks I can only say that I am beyond satisfied. I ordered the PC on February 2nd and didn't receive until March 4th. It did take a while but it was not the fault of Maingear at all, as they were simply waiting on parts. The customer service was excellent, when I messaged them expressing concern for the long delay they responded in 2 minutes and quickly put my mind at ease. Either way, the computer was 100% worth the wait. It is by far the fastest and most powerful PC I have ever owned. Zero problems were present when it did arrive, and it worked perfectly. Overall I would recommend to anyone looking for a good gaming PC for a good price. I have no complaints about the experience and definitely made the right choice in choosing Maingear for my PC.

The PC I settled on was a Potenza, it is small in size but I packed it with some of the best hardware available. The computer is really quiet, and stays very cool even under demanding games. I can honestly hardly tell it is on. Fortunately it has the Maingear symbol that stays lit when it is powered on. It is also aesthetically pleasing, and the ports being on the top was a genius idea, the whole setup looks very neat. If you're looking into buying a high end PC, I would highly recommend Maingear to anyone.

My PC specs for those who are curious:

Motherboard: Asus Z97i-Plus - 4x Usb 3.0 4x Usb 2.0, Enhanced Overclocking , Integrated Wireless AC

Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 4790K 4.0GHz/4.4GHz Turbo 8MB L3 Cache HD 4600

MAINGEAR Redline Overclocking Service: YES! - Redline™ Overclock My System!

Memory: 16GB Corsair® Vengeance™ DDR3-1600 1.5V (2x8GB)

Graphics and GPGPU Accelerator: NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 980 4GB GDDR5 w/PhysX

Hard Drive Bay One: 2TB Seagate® Barracuda™ 7200rpm 64MB Cache SATA 6G

Hard Drive Bay Two: 250GB Samsung® 850 EVO SSD[520MB/s Sequential Reads]

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit

"First off, I was contacted 3 times before my system was shipped by phone and 5 times by email to ensure that they had everything perfect before it was sent out to me. Amazing customer service. My Pulse 15 was built well with zero problems that I could find. The install was flawless with only the bare minimum system needed to run. Easily the best company I've ever ordered anything from."

"Maingear delivered as advertised. Sweet system, very well built!! Was expecting software with the keyboard and mouse but I guess that has to be downloaded these days."

"I purchased a Maingear Vybe computer on Christmas, 2014. Got a fantastic deal. Computer arrived on time. Surprised how sturdy the case was. The computer has been ultra quiet, and easily played, all my games. Last few days encountered problems with video card, possibly caused by myself downloading some games, several times, deleting some software. I contacted Maingear technical support, today. Right away, Jeremy, helped me out. He took over control of my computer thru online diagnostic service. He erased my old video software, loaded new and improved software. He fixed my problems, I was having. I never had such fast service before, in getting a problem fixed. I am very happy, that I bought this computer. Maingear is a top notch computer builder, and will order all my future computers thru them."

"I just got my computer and i absolutely love it. I received amazing service from Jeremy who helped me out every step of the way to get the best computer for my needs. Awesome service and highly recommended to anyone that needs a computer."

"I looked long and hard for the right gaming machine. At one point I thought doing it myself would be cheaper and easier. But during my search I kept running across Maingear. I researched the company, read independent reviews, and made my decision. I bought a Shift nearly 3 years ago. I've never had one single issue with it! The entire staff is helpful and friendly! Nearly three years later I can call the support staff to get help with upgrades, how-tos, system diags, etc., and the staff is as eager to assist as the day I made my first purchase. #Maingear4life"

"There were some shipping delay over the holidays but customer service was super responsive and extremely helpful in locating my system and when it should arrive. The build is awesome. I haven't had a good PC in about 10 years and from the moment I booted it up, I was stoked. Super fast and looks great. No noticeable problems in the first month of use."

"Awesome Laptop = Pulse 15"

"The product is awesome no issues at all top of the line at low cost and great shipping love the box it comes in."

Share Maingear Computers's store rating

Maingear Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Maingear Computers is a merchant member
Maingear Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,853 merchant members.