Stores > Maingear Computers
  • Maingear Comput Maingear Computers Elite Status

1-888-624-6432
      support@maingear.com

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Maingear Computers by clicking a star below.
2017-07-16

Exceeded Expectations

"I ordered a new desktop from them after searching many different computer builders online. I finally settled with MainGear due to their user friendly website and positive reviews. First of all, the entire purchasing experience was enjoyable. Clear communication and frequent updates about the status of my build. When I got my computer, it was evident that this company takes pride in their work. All the wires and components were professionally installed and organized. I couldn't have been more happy and recommend them."

2017-07-07

Just received my MAINGEAR Drift PC Today

"MAINGEAR PC is hands down the best boutique builder of personal computers as of right now. Other companies like Alienware/Origin PC/Xidax are good but they cannot compete with MAINGEAR in the performance desktop space. Just google MAINGEAR RUSH and compare it to the Xidax X-8 which uses the exact same same chassis and you will see what I mean, no one comes remotely close to what these guys are doing right now. I received my DRIFT with 7700k cpu and 1080ti today and the build looks EXACTLY like the photo on their website, what you see is what you will get which is not always my experience with other vendors. My new computer is housed in an absolutely gorgeous Lian Li case with tempered glass and custom configurable lighting. With an open water loop (soft tubing) my build also has some pretty insane factory overclocking as well! With the exception of Falcon Northwest I do not know of any other company that offers automotive quality custom paint finishes at an affordable price. I also needed to make alterations to my order after I had been billed and I found the sales and support staff super friendly in facilitating those changes. I could go on and on and I know I sound like a lame **** fanboy but this company is truly awesome!"

2017-03-30

Just like I would have built it

"I have been building my own rigs going on 25 years now. Due to work and the amount of traveling I have been doing I decided to have someone else build this PC. I looked around and everyone has about the same prices but I caught one look at the R1 rig and that was it. I placed my order then waited, as they were gathering the parts I made a change in my order and they rolled with the change without issue.

When my PC arrived at my home the first thing I noticed was how the system was shipped. The PC was shipped in the R1 case box then with foam corners placed inside another box. The outside box was as you expected from being shipped it looked like hell, but the box inside was perfect. Next took the PC out of the R1 box and notice a warning label, Maingear placed a form shaping foam insert inside the PC so the the Video cards would not be damage during shipping. They did a great job in packing the PC so it would not get damaged in shipping I was really impressed by this.

The PC looks better then I had hoped for, the cooling system joints and tubing where as long as needed not to long or too short. There is enough play so I could get to the mobo and vid cards if I had too. Next the cable management was tight and hidden out of the way so that the inside of the PC looks clean. One word of warning, if you buy a system and think " ah I'll only buy one drive for the OS and I can add the drives I have to the system" don't. Just purchase the system with the drives you will need, unless your like me and have been building PCs for awhile. The reason I say this is that they do such a good job with cable management that if you are not good at building PC's you will never be able to place the cables back they way they had them. I had a hard time placing everything back without having to remove parts.

When it comes time to purchase a laptop I'm coming back to Maingear,

2016-12-31

Customer Service Seven Years Later

"My Maingear Shift was 6 1/2 years old when I called for customer service this year. The team helped me with the problem, which was really a Windows 10 issue. I spoke with the head of sales and we concurred that, with a small upgrade, my Shift had another year or two left in it. The machine remains faster than the Dells we bought recently for my company, although my new Dell 15" Macbook Pro 15" runs a bit faster for some massive Excel spreadsheets.

Overall, the longevity and reliability of my Shift remains amazing, the "Angelic" service, incredible. Note, I've rated my $4,000 Shift low price because I've retired a handful of new laptops and desktops since I bought the Shift 7 years ago.

2016-12-30

Service, quality, performance and a good price. What more could a person want?

"I am a relatively new owner of a Maingear computer, having received my custom configured Vybe Tuned For VR in early September of this year. While I haven't been able to spend as much time with the machine as I'd like in the last 3 months, I am very happy with both the PC and the overall experience I have had dealing with Maingear.

Starting at the beginning, their website was very easy to navigate, and the number of options available let me select the perfect combination of components to meet my price-performance mark. When I didn't understand something, or wasn't sure whether all of my hardware selections would play nice with each other, they quickly answered all of my questions.
The pricing was very reasonable, especially considering the quality of what I was about to receive.

After placing the order, I received daily updates of the build status, informing me of what was going on. Fortunately, my build experienced no delays, but any delay would have been more bearable knowing why it had occurred. This small service provides such an improved customer experience.

My shipment arrived on time, and I was very impressed with the care evident in the packaging, including how the CPU was boxed inside of another box with additional cushioning. But in my mind the single biggest detail that demonstrated that Maingear actually cared about my equipment was the extra packaging inside of the PC that supported the video card. And since I was inside, I could see that the build quality was first rate, with all cables neatly bundled and tied off. Nothing was out of place.

When I turned on the PC for the first time, there were absolutely no problems. It booted right up, and it's been working perfectly since then. WIN 10 boots up as fast as the monitor can turn on. As promised, no bloatware was installed, no extra icons on the desktop, just what I needed to get up and running. Since then I have had no issues installing any of my software, including some old software developed for Win95.

For background, I've been running and programming computers since my first Commodore 64. I've purchased 3 PC systems, and then built 4 computers because I became picky about hardware selections; I have high standards. I chose not to build this system because of other obligations and a lack of time, and it was very stressful shopping for a company that I thought could live up to my expectations. Maingear certainly exceeded my expectations. I couldn't be happier.

2016-12-27

Grandchild Grining from Ear to Ear

"Purchased a gaming computer from Maingear - Razer. My 10 yr old grandson opened it for Christmas (2016) and has not moved from it for 2+ days (this is the 27th). He absolutely loves it.
I know nothing about computers -- I have a PC -- but this is one super PC. All the bells and whistles that anyone could ask for. Maingear took the order, sent emails almost daily and promised delivery on the 19th. It came before the day. Well packed and looks awesome. An IT technician assembled it on Christmas Day and said he would die for this PC. What I particularly loved was the customer service. It could not be better. Their team is right there when you call and help with any problems-- are polite and understanding if you are 10 or 70. Would only purchase from this company and will again without reservation. Thank you Team Maingear.

2016-12-10

Best computer I've ever owned and service that goes above and beyond

"I just got back from a trip to Maingear in NJ. (I live in NY, just a traffic jam away!)
My two-year old F131's storage drives were getting full. In swapping one out for a 4TB drive and using the last last remaining slot for another I realized I didn't have the right screws. I also found that because of the compactness of the cube shaped Silverstone case - which is a fantastic case design imho - I couldn't get the case back together. The cables I had moved in the process were in the way. Now, these weren't even drives I had purchased from Maingear, but I needed their help. After two hours of their phone time trying to help me sort stuff out the tech suggested I bring my computer in. They would reset the drive with the right screws, clean out accumulated dust (two years’ worth, ugh!) and rewire the case for me. No charge. I am writing this review from my clean, rewired Maingear. Can't say enough about how friendly, helpful and knowledgeable the tech I dealt with at their HQ was.
I have always known that they built the best computer I've ever owned. Now I also know I have the best service.

2016-10-18

Fantastic customer service, even better machine!

"My boyfriend and I decided we needed a VR ready and capable machine that could also function as a workhorse for all the other menial things we had been attempting with a previous machine (and it just died) including regular PC gaming, video streaming (xfinity and HBO), and of course funny cat videos.

We agonized on whether we would try to build something ourselves or try and upgrade something off the shelf (the latter is what we had done in the past but it was always a hassle). BF did some research and found Maingear came highly rated for something in between.

I felt confident after reading the reviews as well and they were having a great summer special. The ordering process was easy and I didn't feel like they were pushing me to buy a bunch of extra junk.

After our order was placed we received almost daily communication (two phone calls actually and the rest email) including a thank you and how to get in touch with support if needed.

The machine came expertly packed and has been a great purchase especially for the price. Testing the VR capabilities on Steam, it said from the test it actually exceeded the recommended settings and how often does that happen?

Once the machine arrived I was surprised not to get a follow-up email so I sent one just to say thank you and ask where I could leave good feedback.

2016-06-14

Great PC, excellent customer service

"I had a great experience with Maingear (immediately following a terrible experience with one of their competitors). I was a fairly high maintenance customer (had a deadline and kept checking in every day to see how my build was coming along). Everyone I spoke to was courteous, understanding, patient and sympathetic. I got my computer on time and it has exceeded my expectations. Runs super fast and cool. Would definitely recommend Maingear!"

2016-04-19

Amazing Customer Service

"I had the pleasure of speaking with two of your sales reps on separate occasion Jeremy and Kevin. I have been interested in purchasing a gaming computer, but I have no idea as to what to look for in a computer and on both time they were patient explaining to me, and walking me through different computer specs and helping me select on that is right for me. I had a wonderful customer experience I highly recommend Maingear and calling them if you have any questions. I will definitely be purchasing my computer here soon once pay day rolls around. Thank you again!"

2016-04-19

Seven Years and Still Awesome!

"That is CRAZY! OK, I paid a bundle for my Maingear in 2009, but it remains faster than just about any of the many PCs and MACs I have occasion to use. And the Angelic Service? They're still on it, helping me to install and configure new hard drive this week. Frankly, I can't afford another MG at the moment, but I'll buy an update when I can, just for the sheer excitement. For those who can afford it today, it's an amazing investment!

Usage: Commercial. Financial and office software.

2016-04-13

Amazing Experience, Amazing Machine!

"I usually build my computers but Maingear's site, specs and price convinced me to be lazy this time.

So glad I did! They were attentive, answered every question and shipped very quickly. As good as that was my Vybe was even better!!! Silent and so fast! Cable routing inside was meticulous and well thought out; something big companies never do! It was up and running in minutes and has been flying ever since!

Maingear...honestly, I cannot thank or recommend you guys enough! BRAVO and thank you...

T.

2016-04-13

MainGear computers are the very best, and I'm not kidding!!!!

"My first computer was a 8088 chip ultra slow and limited Commodore Pet, an all in one box machine with chicklet sized keys, and a green screen, as I remember, it was magic 1985.
Life has moved on, today I happily own three MainGear computers: a SHIFT-SS-Z77, XCUBE-Stock [Z77] and a DRIFT Steam Machine.

In utter and profound frustration after working my way through a bunch of the top of the line pseudo dream computers I luckily discovered MainGear, and had the SHIFT tailored to my needs. There are not words enough to describe how the Shift has changed my life and making my workload easier. As a photographer, and graphic artist my computer has to run 188% of the time as well as 24/7 and never sneeze, the Shift does it without a hiccup.

My wife, for as long as she's been keying electronic boxes has always been frustrated with the "store bought" style machines. As a surprise and birthday gift a XCUBE-Stock [Z77] was built and delivered to her. In the more than two years the XCUBE has been on her desk her computing life has been faultless and amazingly enjoyable for her.

In November of 2015 after ongoing fights with my non graphics computer I finally said, sorry that's unquotable... Suffice it to have been "Enough is enough!!!" I called MainGear and in less than fifteen minutes we designed my third machine, a DRIFT Steam Machine (it dose steam), and it’s a dream!

Each time I've called MainGear with a "tech" question I've been treated like a friend, a customer, a human being not a pain in the day. The amazing thing to me is MainGear is a customer oriented company, very rare today, not a seller of expensive electronic gadgetry populated by real people not manual readers.

Would I buy another MainGear? In a heartbeat... My bottom line is “Buy a MainGear you will be a happy camper!”

2016-02-19

Best. Ever.

"Maingear is Amazing. My Maingear computer is still going strong. But I'd like to point out
Their customer service. Their customer service is the absolute best I've ever encountered in a company in my life. With a little hiccup that I don't even want to mention, because it got cleared up with zero hassle, my experience with them has been so great. I will continue to recommend maingear 1000%! I'd love to say I'm a repeat customer, but their product is so good I don't know when or why I'd ever need a new computer! Maybe I'll splurge on a laptop in the near distant future! Keep up the good work guys!

2016-01-25

Maingear is #1 in my book

"If you want a powerful customized system tailored to your needs at a reasonable price with unbeatable customer support then you need to give Maingear a call.

Seriously, just give them a call and talk to the sales team and visit their website. They'll help you figure out what kind of system you need. You can even put together a mock up systems on their website to see how much you can afford. Then you can compare that to other companies or to components if you plan on a self built system. I think you'll find MG very competitive.

What puts MG over the top is the people that work there. I was never pressured or rushed to make a purchase. Talking to them on the phone was like talking to a friend. Based on my needs they even talked me out of spending more money on some components...that's right...I was ready to spend more money than I needed to and they helped me not to!

I've had to call customer (tech) support a few times for some issues I've had. I didn't think it was possible to beat the experience I had with the MG sales team but the customer support folks did. The issues I've had weren't MG's fault (Windows 10 not recognizing my joystick, me running a disk that came with the monitor that conflicted with the video card, and replacing a defective video card) but they helped me fix them anyway. They even remotely went into my computer and fixed a problem because it was easier than explaining how to do it. And it was all free...yep...free! The tech support team aren't just reading a checklist. They really know their stuff. And they are right here in the U.S.A. No trying to understand a difficult accent. That's right...an English speaking tech support team that are experts in what they do...who will work with you as long as it takes to fix a issue...who have weekend support...who treats you like the valued customer you are...for the life of the system! With out a doubt the absolute best sales and customer support I have ever had!!

Post Script:
Last week Microsoft did an update that caused my monitor and sound card to do weird things. I gave the tech folks a call...problem solved in less than 3 minutes. At the end of the call it struck me that they sounded happy. So I asked "Why does everyone at MG sound happy?" The answer? We are happy. I ended up talking longer about why the MG employees are happy then I did about my computer problems. Botttom line...MG is a well run company that values their employees. As a result the folks at MG love their jobs and they pass that love on to you. Think I'm BS-ing you? Give MG a call and talk to them yourself.

BTW:
I bought the beautiful looking Vybe. Configured with Asus X99-A mother board, i7 5820 6-core 3.3GHz processor, 16GB DDR4 memory, GeForce GTX 970 4GB video card, 1TB SSD operating system drive, 2TB HDD as a second storage drive, a Blu-Ray reader/burner, a BENQ 27 inch monitor, running Windows 10. Quiet as a whisper and as fast as lightning!

Share Maingear Computers's store rating

Maingear Computers is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Maingear Computers is a merchant member
Maingear Computers participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 3,381 merchant members.