Stores > MagicMicro

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.24/10 7.24/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.97/10 6.97/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.08/10 7.08/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.50/10 7.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review MagicMicro by clicking a star below.

2017-10-16

Extrememly knowledgeable

"The selections I made on the web site to build my system were incompatible due to my lack of knowledge. With the help of Elena, we were able to create the system I wanted perfectly. The system arrived in perfect condition; I added in the components I had and was up and running in a matter of 1 hour.
I'm extremely happy with the entire process.

2017-10-10

OUTSTANDING SERVICE

"I do not know much about computers. I bought a BAREBONES one with the thought of taking parts from my old one
and using them on the new one. This proved to be very hard. Service was on the phone with me for hours helping me.
I can't thank them enought.
Bob

2017-10-02

great

"great was excellent fine and happy"

2017-09-29

Ryzen 1600x on MSI B350M

"Overall I am happy with the barebones system I received. However, I spent hours trouble shooting the system to find out why it would loop boot. One of the sticks of RAM was bad and would sometimes post, but was stuck in a constant boot cycle. Huge headach. RAM was replaced. Before I realized it was the RAM, I pulled the heat sink and reseated the processor. So, I had to buy some thermal compound to replace what was on there. "

2017-09-18

Bought a bare bones.

"Ordered a bare bones tower. Found out that the motherboard was on backorder. They offered to give me a little better one with more slots at no extra charge. No brainer. Wonderful service! "

2017-09-02

Perfect

"This computer was exactly what I ordered, works perfectly, and was delivered in a timely manner. They even went the extra mile to analize my build and succest other buys to increase the performance of the computer. I never would have been able to build this computer with my current knowledge. I purchaced it for the cyber security program based on specs they gave me. Perfect "

2017-08-24

Terrible Customer Service

"While trying to outfit my new computer I purchased a GeForce GTX 1080 video card. I was told via email that processing my order would be 2-3 days and then they would send it out for shipment (they would email or call me if there was any issues with my order). I waited a week beyond the 3 day processing time and when I didnt receive it or an email with shipping info I called Magic Micro to inquire if there were any problems. I was told that there was an internal mix up and it had not been shipped yet, but it would be out that day for shipment and that I would receive an email with shipping info. No email came, so I called again the next day and at this point I was told they would not be filling my order for atleast a month due to the fact that they had a limited supply of video cards due to a manufacturer supply issue (crypto-currency miners buying up video cards for cheap processing power) and what they had went to customers that purchased a whole computer system. Not whoever ordered the card first, whoever spent the more money first!! As outrageous as this was, I could have accepted it if they had a statement on their site that they had limited supply, or an explanation of their policy in an email after the order processing time (or anytime in the week I waited for shipping information or a shipment arrival). No, they waited until I CALLED THEM and then strung me along of ANOTHER day before telling me they had nothing for me. They never even changed their website to reflect this shortage. They just keep letting people order parts and then leave them hanging. I will never do business with them again, and I will be actively warning anyone I know who is in the market to steer clear of them as well."

Rep reply posted Aug-28-2017

A rep from MagicMicro, Magicmicro, has responded

“Dear customers

Upon receipt of the order our system automatically sends email saying that it would be processed in 2-3 days. Yes, we practically solely build computers, and do not promote separate components which you can only see on our site because they have to be showing in custom configurator menus.

Unfortunately other orders (which happened to be for whole computers) were placed prior to this one and were given higher priority. As you probably remember there was not just shortage for those cards at that time – there were just no GTX 1080 available nationwide - period. We were hoping that it would be temporary but it had lasted longer than customer was ready to wait. When one orders custom computer we are able to offer different model and still process the order but when a particular card was ordered there was not much we could do.

It is unfortunate that we miscommunicated the information to the customer and we do take the blame for that. We just have want to assure you that such global shortages are extremely rare and do not affect our (or anybody’s) normal course of business.

Magic Micro Customer Service

2017-08-23

Repeat customer since 2007

"Online configurator is a breeze to use. With rare exception, parts prices are very competitive with popular retailers - online or otherwise.
I've been highly satisfied with the customer support I've received.

You won't find the latest style trends (not much in the way of tempered glass cases or RGB internals here), but you do find solid equipment at a very decent price.

2017-08-15

Responsive

"Worked with me to create exactly what I needed"

2017-08-14

AMD build

"Easy ordering; quick service; quality build."

2017-08-12

Enough with the Upselling!

"I bought this computer for my sister who lives in Connecticut, so I have not seen the build. I choose MicroMagic on the recommendation of her local computer tech. The site is easy enough to order from, with lots of options for components, and good communication from the company, including a recommendation to add more cooling. They also built and shipped it on a tight schedule -- a corner in which my sister had painted herself. That pulls it towards 4 stars.

What pulls it closer to 3 stars is: (1) the ordering system allowed me to mix a motherboard that was incompatible with the power supply. A minor thing, but shows inattention to detail and web ordering maintenance, and (2) once the order was processed I received an e-mail that was clearly a cut-and-paste upsell effort. It even misspelled "motherboard" as "mortorboard." What was really annoying, though was a recommended $35 upgrade for "professional wiring." Really MagicMicro? I mean, the price was decent, but not "barebones." The inference is that their normal wiring is half-assed. Have some pride in your work, MagicMicro!

Still, weighing the good with the annoying, I gave it 4 stars.

2017-08-11

Burning down the house

"My small business never received the custom PC ordered, WARNING!! If you are forced to use an alternate delivery location because your home burnt to the ground on July 19 I would avoid MagicMicro. They suck at customer service, but I bet they build a decent PC. Reached out locally yesterday and will pick up the same PC build at noon today, same price. Rebuilding a replacement Linux box this evening."

Rep reply posted Aug-15-2017

A rep from MagicMicro, Magicmicro, has responded

“Dear customer.

We are sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. In hope you understand that fire, flood or other natural disasters are beyond our control. On another hand, to prevent internet fraud, credit card companies require verification of customer’s billing and shipping address. In your situation this verification was impossible since your new address was not submitted to credit card company at the time of purchase. Finally, after you contacted you bank, we were able to confirm updated billing adders. Unfortunately this was too late for your project so we had to cancel this order at your request. We issued full refund back to your credit card

We apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately, with identity theft on a rise a proper billing address verification is a must when processing online order.

2017-08-07

Computer Arrived Rattling and Unworkable

"The computer arrived at my house with the insides rattling. The hard drive was loose in the box, the hard drive fan was broken, and the SATA power cord and ATA cord plastic insert ends were broken so that the cords could not be re-attached. I attempted to put the computer back together again and had to reinstall all the software and drivers. Once I did that, after one hour, the computer would turn off automatically. This has not been a good experience and I am returning the computer. MagicMicro needs to figure out how to safely ship their products. I bought a new computer instead at BestBuy and that computer had a foam back on the inside of the case to protect the contents during shipment. Everything works great with the BestBuy computer. I will not ever order any computers from MagicMicro again. Sorry, but in my business, when a high end computer is needed with specific hardware specifications, it better work and arrive undamaged."

2017-08-01

New computer

"Setup the computer today, so far, so good!"

2017-07-24

Replaced defective DVD

"I bought two computers one had a bad DVD drive. Order placed on Thursday and received replacement on Monday. No charge. I appreciate the excellent service."

Share MagicMicro's store rating

MagicMicro is a Merchant Member! Learn more

MagicMicro is a merchant member
MagicMicro participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,440 merchant members.