Stores > MagicMicro

Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.76/10 7.76/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 8.13/10 8.13/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.84/10 6.84/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
Voice your opinion! Review MagicMicro by clicking a star below.

2017-08-14

AMD build

"Easy ordering; quick service; quality build."

2017-08-12

Enough with the Upselling!

"I bought this computer for my sister who lives in Connecticut, so I have not seen the build. I choose MicroMagic on the recommendation of her local computer tech. The site is easy enough to order from, with lots of options for components, and good communication from the company, including a recommendation to add more cooling. They also built and shipped it on a tight schedule -- a corner in which my sister had painted herself. That pulls it towards 4 stars.

What pulls it closer to 3 stars is: (1) the ordering system allowed me to mix a motherboard that was incompatible with the power supply. A minor thing, but shows inattention to detail and web ordering maintenance, and (2) once the order was processed I received an e-mail that was clearly a cut-and-paste upsell effort. It even misspelled "motherboard" as "mortorboard." What was really annoying, though was a recommended $35 upgrade for "professional wiring." Really MagicMicro? I mean, the price was decent, but not "barebones." The inference is that their normal wiring is half-assed. Have some pride in your work, MagicMicro!

Still, weighing the good with the annoying, I gave it 4 stars.

2017-08-11

Burning down the house

"My small business never received the custom PC ordered, WARNING!! If you are forced to use an alternate delivery location because your home burnt to the ground on July 19 I would avoid MagicMicro. They suck at customer service, but I bet they build a decent PC. Reached out locally yesterday and will pick up the same PC build at noon today, same price. Rebuilding a replacement Linux box this evening."

Rep reply posted Aug-15-2017

A rep from MagicMicro, Magicmicro, has responded

“Dear customer.

We are sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. In hope you understand that fire, flood or other natural disasters are beyond our control. On another hand, to prevent internet fraud, credit card companies require verification of customer’s billing and shipping address. In your situation this verification was impossible since your new address was not submitted to credit card company at the time of purchase. Finally, after you contacted you bank, we were able to confirm updated billing adders. Unfortunately this was too late for your project so we had to cancel this order at your request. We issued full refund back to your credit card

We apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately, with identity theft on a rise a proper billing address verification is a must when processing online order.

2017-08-07

Computer Arrived Rattling and Unworkable

"The computer arrived at my house with the insides rattling. The hard drive was loose in the box, the hard drive fan was broken, and the SATA power cord and ATA cord plastic insert ends were broken so that the cords could not be re-attached. I attempted to put the computer back together again and had to reinstall all the software and drivers. Once I did that, after one hour, the computer would turn off automatically. This has not been a good experience and I am returning the computer. MagicMicro needs to figure out how to safely ship their products. I bought a new computer instead at BestBuy and that computer had a foam back on the inside of the case to protect the contents during shipment. Everything works great with the BestBuy computer. I will not ever order any computers from MagicMicro again. Sorry, but in my business, when a high end computer is needed with specific hardware specifications, it better work and arrive undamaged."

2017-08-01

New computer

"Setup the computer today, so far, so good!"

2017-07-24

Replaced defective DVD

"I bought two computers one had a bad DVD drive. Order placed on Thursday and received replacement on Monday. No charge. I appreciate the excellent service."

2017-07-20

One of the best places to get a new PC. Barebones and build how you want and save!

"overall it was great. Not everything is the cheapest but I got great items at a fantastic price."

2017-07-20

Pathetic

"I checked on my order everyday. It always stated that the order was "pending". After two weeks passed. I called and canceled the order. I recommend that no one buy from this company!

2017-07-19

Solid as always

"We ordered a high-end video performance desktop machine. The ordering was online through the website and a follow-up call was made to ask questions about the video cards. The ordered card was back-ordered and delayed the processing. An upgrade was made and the unit was able to ship out in a couple of days. It would have been better to be notified about the back-ordered part or at least a phone call to help complete the order in a timely manor."

2017-07-14

excellent product, excellent service

"I was contacted after I ordered to make sure I had all I needed. The computer was shipped immediately. It works great! I am very pleased."

2017-07-06

I am a return customer. For a reason: They're good at what they do

"I have bought a custom pc from MM in the past. It was a good experience so I came back and bought a new gaming rig. Their custom configurator is easy to use and the parts are reasonably priced. I got a great deal on a sweet, new gaming rig. Got it up and running and am not disappointed. I recommend MM for anyone looking to build a custom pc for gaming or for everyday usage."

2017-07-06

Missing item and crashing OS.

"Computer took 7 days instead of 5 to ship. I paid for the custom wiring job and got nothing near a custom job. I was also missing one of the case fans I paid for. Customer service is sending me the missing fan and has refunded the cost of the custom wiring. Just over 2 days after receiving the computer has now started having random explore.exe crashes and I have no idea what is causing it."

2017-06-30

Great Customer Service

"They make sure you have what you need when building bare bones machines."

GaryHoffman's Avatar

2017-06-26

Problems Resolved

"After several custom builds from MagicMicro over the years for myself and clients (I'm a consultant), I finally ran into a problem when I received a build missing a couple of the case fans I had ordered. To be honest, I was a bit snippy about a post sales e-mail trying to upsell me and things didn't go well with the first customer service rep, but after posting a bad rating here, Max contacted me the next day (Monday) to see if we could work something out. He apologized for the missing fans, explained some other minor concerns I had, and offered to immediately ship two case fans with some extra SATA cables and power connectors. It's now Friday of the same week and I've installed the case fans and am rewriting my review."

2017-06-23

First time order

"We wanted to get a custom made computer. We weren't 100% sure what we needed, after speaking with a friend and the lovely sales person we figured out what upgrades were needed to work with the parts we knew we needed. Shipped super fast as well. Being that this was our first custom made computer, we don't know exactly how it compares to others, but it seemed like a reasonable price point for what we received."

Share MagicMicro's store rating

MagicMicro is a Merchant Member! Learn more

MagicMicro is a merchant member
MagicMicro participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,382 merchant members.