Stores > MagicMicro

Product & services pricing Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.33/10 8.33/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.38/10 9.38/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.38/10 4.38/10
Voice your opinion! Review MagicMicro by clicking a star below.

2017-04-24

Excellent Service

"I got the custom built desktop PC exactly how I ordered it.
It seems to deliver the speed that I desire. I hope it lasts long and maintains high performance.

Rhode Island Verified Customer
2017-04-22

Bought a computer that arrived partially assembled, untested, and inoperable. Sent them a request to resolve this - now waiting

"I ordered a $1,254.00 custom-built computer that was not fully assembled, it was untested, with some slight damage (not from shipping), and had missing items: documentation, the usual standard accessories (adapters, cables, etc.). Even the power cord was missing!. They had even tried to sell me normally included items for extra $$$. I'm a computer engineer and didn't fall for that scam. The worst part is that the computer was defective and would not boot up. Very careless assembly - missing screws, a card reader that was dangling inside the case instead of being mounted on the front panel, and a processor fan that was never connected - proof that it was never powered up and tested, which is part of the cost. I sent them an e-mail requesting repair, free return shipping, and supplying the missing items. I also sent them pictures of the poor workmanship. Now waiting for a response to see if they fix this. "

KeithMatson's Avatar

2017-04-21

Need Better Quality Control

"Purchased barebones custom machine.The unit ran fine but they failed to miss a incorrect front USB panel connection. If unit was properly inspected this would have been found and fixed before shipped."

2017-04-19

MagicMicro is THE BEST

"I have purchased many computers from MagicMicro over the years and have never had a problem with any of them (other than their eventual obsolescence). Their web site is awesome. Prices cannot be beat. And no bloatware! Cannot remark upon their technical support as I have never needed it. I personally would not buy a computer from any other source. Obviously I highly recommend them without reservation. "

2017-04-17

Simply awesome

"Great rig at a great price. Great service. A++"

2017-03-31

Very good, could be better

" I ordered a barebones system so that I could get the Mobo installed in the case with the chip fan installed.
I am fairly knowledgeable about the system components that I wanted so my configuration was a fairly easy set up up for them.
My only negative here is follow up communication. After several days, I called customer service to, at least, get a confirmation. They sent that to me with a confirmation receipt.
Once I start final assembly with my friend next week, I will know better how they performed.
At the least, an improvement in customer communication would be an improvement here.
Come on guys, you can do better!

ElsonTrinidad's Avatar

2017-03-27

Great Product, Lacking Communication

"I recently ordered an Intel i5 desktop system for my dad; I have experience building my own systems but didn't have the time to order everything separately so I heard about Magic Micro from an Internet forum. First off, the computer I ordered came as I specified, arrived on time and was well-packaged, there was no damage and it works fine.

However, I'd like to recommend that Magic Micro improve its communications with its online customers. After I ordered the computer, I found it unusual that I had not gotten an order confirmation email that I usually get every time I order something online. Also, my credit card was not charged, and it wasn't charged for a few days When I logged on the Magic Micro website to check on my order status, it read "PENDING." At times I wondered whether they actually got my order!

Several days later, I got an email from a customer service rep named Elena who asked me a few questions about my configuration. She told me that the 400W power supply that I ordered did not provide enough SATA power connections for the drives I ordered for this system. But I told her that I ordered a 450W PSU and asked if that would be adequate.
She also asked what the computer would be used for (Internet, Office, photo archiving) and I told her it wouldn't be used for any high-perfomance applications.

Then, two days later (without hearing back from Elena or anyone else in the company), I got a FedEx notification that a package from Magic Micro was on its way, and the credit card was finally charged.

But I also checked my order status on the website and it still said, "PENDING"! So I was a little confused, but after checking the FedEx tracking status, it looked like it was already on its way, despite what the order status on their website read.

Again, I was very satisfied with the computer system that I ordered, which had all the components and software I specified, and after I got the shipping notification, it arrived on time. My dad is very happy with the system I ordered for him. But as the person who made the order, I never got any order confirmation nor any additional communication from the company after I replied to their email. I hope that Magic Micro can improve on communicating with the customer after they have made their order.

2017-03-26

11 days from order to pre-assembly showstopper questions. I expected PC delivered already (3-5 day assembly) or earlier feedback

"Ordered March/10/2017, got questions about configuration on March/21/2017. Not sure why the online order form even allows choices that supposedly prevent assembly. Maybe there is pressure to upsell (power supply & fan ) and no configuration problem existed (heat). Slightly annoyed that I had to negotiate a configuration to get anything shipped, e.g. I was not allowed to just get a system without the video card that supposedly requires the system to get more cooling. By comparison my previous Magic Micro PC order last year was very smooth and delivered fast."

2017-03-23

Great system, poor sales support

"I ordered this system after quite a bit of time deciding on the exact fit for my needs. It is a very nice, high performance system that finally arrived after 19 days. The reason the review is "middle-of-the-road" was due to the lack of communication from the sales team that delayed the delivery. I understand an $800.00 computer is not the purchase that would put the company in the next tax bracket but it was considered a large purchase by myself and it was important to me. MagicMicro specifies 3-5 days preparation and ship. This was far exceeded due to the poor communication from the sales team even after a second add-on purchase was included after the initial purchase.
In conclusion, the system arrived undamaged. I was able to build it to suit my needs and I am impressed with its performance. Beyond the sales team dropping the ball, I would recommend MagicMicro to a friend.

2017-03-21

They delivered exactly what I wanted with a clean execution......

"I ordered carbide case with gigabyte mother board packing i-7 7700k Kaby lake, gtx 980 ti, 750w power supply with all the bells and whistles and it works beautifully "

2017-03-21

Nice PC at a good price with Good communication and follow through

"Was contacted before sale to confirm specs on the basic graphics card I specified . I assured them that was fine. I didn't need to change my order but it was good to know they were checking things rather than just assuming everything was OK.

Had a question about securing the internal drives in the case. The mfg (Thermalake) immediately sent me additional clips free of charge.

Third system I have purchased from them in 9 years. Very reliable and stand behind their tech support and 3 year warranties.

2017-03-13

Delivered as promised.

"I placed an order for a PC, called and asked for upgraded PSU, computer was delivered almost a week later with upgraded parts.

2017-03-06

ordered On Sunday -- received on Tuesday

"They delivered as ordered and quickly. Called two weeks after receiving the unit because I thought the motherboard had a problem. Their technical support solved it over the phone and the problem was a faulty accessory not the computer. Would order again in a blink. Could not ask for better service."

2017-03-02

Ordered two

"Was happy enough with the first box I ordered that I ordered an identical one for my wife."

2017-02-19

Amazing

"Bought my gaming pc, and in two weeks showed up professionally built looks great and runs even better."

Share MagicMicro's store rating

MagicMicro is a Merchant Member! Learn more

MagicMicro is a merchant member
MagicMicro participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,410 merchant members.