Stores > Macy's

Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2016-07-03

ZERO stars for Macy's

"I have spent several hours on the phone and spoken to 5 different people. Needless to say, I will NEVER, EVER spend another penny at Macy's either online or in the store. Absolutely horrible customer service. After ordering online I get an email saying they can't fill the order. I order something else and they ship to an address I moved from over a year ago. I have ordered several things at my new address but they just decided to start sending to the old house. I called and asked them to fix this. Oh no, "we can't delete an address from your profile" REALLY???? I finally asked to speak to a supervisor and after explaining this nightmare, I asked what her name was. She quickly hung up on me. I am also speaking to the customer service department in the Philippines which creates a language barrier since I am in the US and speak english only. My next step is to try and get my money back for a package that is being sent to my old address. "

This review was modified by hatingmacys on July 03 2016 03:17:56 PM

2016-05-09

Never buy anything from this store

"They are untruthful, false advertisers. They canceled my order of a sale item saying that the item was unavailable however if I want to pay their standard price (a lot more) it is still available for sale on the web site. I am sure that the lose of my business will not upset them, they could care less. So you should go somewhere else to buy your goods. They have no honor what so ever."

This review was modified by Rex7 on May 09 2016 09:49:51 AM

2016-05-06

Worst online shooping experience ever

"Twice they have send my packages to a different city. They have representatives that hardly speak the language and dont understand what u saying to them. And at the end of everything i stay with out my items and dont even get a coupon for all my troubles. Terrible tertible terrible and such a big name and so expensive. They cant even teack a package sent back to them for having wrong address cant even call warehouse to track package down to resend to customer correcy address in overall is a mess. Im very very dissapointed"

This review was modified by Elym on May 06 2016 01:33:26 PM

2016-04-07

Macy's cancelled my order to avoid ebates cashback

"This is the second time several month apart that I've placed orders online at Macys and had to call. This time the cart wouldn't accept my gift card without me calling, the lady did something and all of a sudden it worked. I submitted order (with ebates active for 6% cash back) and about 20 min later I get an email saying order was cancelled and to call consumer protection number. I called, gave my order number, name, phone number. The guy said to hang up and he would call the number provided for verification. He called back and said the reason the order was cancelled was because the item was no longer available for store pickup, that I could have it shipped to my home. I think this whole ordeal was a ploy for Macy's not having to give cash back through ebates. Now that my gift cards are used up, will NEVER shop at Macy's again."

This review was modified by cs43ntp on April 07 2016 07:00:47 PM

2016-03-13

best prices

"found a suit here for $300 less thasn other retailers! yo got my business!"

2016-03-08

Disaster

"Worst customer service ever. They useless. First and 100% last time placing order on that world known scams. Ruined my day. I would give half a star if would be possible"

2016-01-29

Worst ever credit card

"Do not get a Macy's credit card. They try to entice you with a discount, but they will not send you a statement until after the due date, and then they immediately notify the credit agencies of a missed payment. So it's a scam, not worth any potential discount for paying with a Macy's card."

This review was modified by Alexissmith on January 29 2016 03:59:34 PM

2016-01-25

Bait and switch

"i ordered a cookware set that was to come with a bonus bakeware set. My cookware came without the bonus and I was told the were a limited time while quantities last. Well they are still in stock per there website but not for me. I was offered a minimal discount compared to the "bonus value" of $85. I would expect that Macy's would delivery my product as advertised. Instead I got the bait and switch. Poor business practice. Never would have expected this in the past. I will take my business elsewhere. There are plenty of other options and apparently they don't care if you go there. "

2016-01-04

"My hubby bought my favorite perfume for Xmas $185.00 for lotion and perfume. COCO MADAMOISELLE O M G SO GOOD! anyway I was allergic to lotion, so I can't walk a lot had my daughter take it bk for me. They gv me a gift crd, I don't shop here at all. So I called and I explained that I can't use it, I needed the rest of money in cash. This fool said No! WTH You do not hv the right to tell me NO. Are you freaking kidding me! I want to spk to store director, then she says ok. ma'am u can come get ur $ bk. So I took my disabled behind up there on my cane, I hv never been so upset I expected more from this type of store u gv u hard earned money to. I had to stand there an hour while the incompetent clerks screwed around. I eventually got my money back, I told my hubby he wld go elsewhere for my high end
Fragrance somewhere that appreciated their customers and cared about their needs . So for the disabled and those people who do not feel like fighting for ur money plz stay AWAY! !!

This review was modified by Sheila1966 on January 04 2016 01:30:13 AM

2015-12-21

"The WORST! Website was misleading. Do NOT Do Christmas shopping online through Macy's. The website said items would be delivered by Christmas but my confirmation email said they would not even be shipped until on or after January 4th! I called customer service and waited online for 40 minutes...twice. The first time someone answered, and after explaining the issue, I was disconnected! When I finally reached someone, I requested a cancellation and was told I was all set. Two days later, I got another email saying that the order had been shipped! When I called, I was basically told that I had to wait for the package and either send it back or take it back myself. The experience just turned out to be one big inconvenience."

This review was modified by Shopperbf on December 21 2015 06:52:33 AM

2015-12-18

"Im very happy with shoping at macys :) items come on time :)"

This review was modified by Komille on December 18 2015 04:39:25 PM

2015-12-02

"If I could I would give ZERO STARS!! I received an email stating that my order was cancelled and that I was NOT charged.

However, I WAS CHARGED $74.99 for this. Please make sure that my money is refunded accordingly in a timely manner. I am very upset about this and have tried calling the customer service line NUMEROUS times. I kept getting the same person to answer my calls and he was NO HELP whatsoever. He didn’t have a clue to what I was referring to and obviously was unable to help me. He kept transferring me back to the main customer service auto line and ended up wasting at least 40 minutes of my time. I am VERY, VERY unpleased with this!

2015-11-28

"Ordered a gift card. A simple $50 gift card to be delivered by email to recipient.
Next day, multiple calls hit my voicemail early in the morning for some sort of confirmation.
I call back with the ref # they gave me, it is not valid, and I need another number I have to dig through my email for.
Next, "please hold" and I get someone who spoke very little English. I had to ask him/her to transfer me to someone who could be understood.
That person asks me again for all my info. I told them to cancel the order. Got an amazon.com card instead, done in less than 30 seconds with no farting around. Will never shop macys.com again.

2015-11-24

"Purchased several of the same item. Was told they would be ship to me. Never received item nor email. Called and they said they would credit my card due to the items being unavailable. Now 6 months later purchased two of the same item and only received one in box. Called and they said they would have another shipped to me. I called this morning due to the items being cheaper at another store and was told as soon as I receive the second item please call back and they would do a price adjustment. Called back and was on hold for 30 minutes hung up a called again to speak to a supervisor and then was told they do not do price adjustments. I'm going to return the items and order them from Lord and Taylor. I will take my business elsewhere. "

2015-10-28

"Ordered the wrong size from them by mistake. A quick call later and the return was processed, quickly and easily. The money was back on my credit card within two days."

Share Macy's's store rating

Macy's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!