Stores > Macy's
  • Macy's

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Macy's by clicking a star below.
2017-09-01

Great for casual clothing

"I go to Macy's for all my casual clothes. Prices are usually on the steep side but if you take advantage of any promotions, you can get a pretty good deal. There's a location conveniently located near my local mall so i can order online and pickup in the store. So far i can't complain. "

2017-08-17

Mattress Warranty Run-Around

"My story sounds like another here regarding a Sterns & Foster Mattress warranty through Macy's. Mattress not yet seven years old; called and a third party came out to "evaluate". Said nothing was wrong, despite large dents in mattress and box spring being loud. After complaining after visit (a couple of weeks) Macy's decided to honor the warranty. Then told us that we need to use the Macy's "store credit" "within 30 days" or we will "lose it" (credit). I had my Prepaid Legal attorney call and finally got the truth which was either the store credit or a cash check for total refund. I had to pay for the new mattress up front despite the "store credit" and then they sent the refund check to the wrong address which was my prior address to moving last year. JUST RIDICULOUS. I should have gotten paid something for my time and aggravation of making sure they do their jobs and honor their warranties."

2017-08-08

Furniture Delivery

"The delivery service was wonderful. First, received an email to confirm the delivery date of my chair; then received an email three days out from delivery to reconfirm the date. Yesterday, I received a message with the two hour window for the delivery and a chance to adjust that if needed. Today, I was called by the driver within that timeframe and told he was 10 minutes away (I was impressed). When the truck arrived, the driver Pedro came to my door, gave me a copy of the Delivery Commitment Checklist and then he and the other crew member (Jay) brought the chair into my home, set it up, and placed it exactly where I wanted it. As I was finishing this customer survey, I also got a call from the Macy's store (Silverdale, WA) where I ordered the chair, and they were checking to see if I was satisfied with my chair and the delivery process. I assured them I was. Great customer service, Macy's!"

2017-07-07

Bad inventory tracking

"The Macy's website let me place an order online for items that were not in stock. They should let customers know up front before checking out. The items that I ordered that actually were in stock already shipped, but I would not have placed the order in the first place without the aforementioned out-of-stock items - I want to cancel or return the entire order but it's not worth the effort."

2017-06-13

Dont buy warranties Macy's can no longer afford to honor them.

"Purchased a memory foam warranty with their optional 10 year warranty. 7 years later three was a major problem. when I called was told they would not honor the warranty as the mattress was too old???????

I explained that it was only 7 years old and the warranty was for 10. They than claimed it was sold through a third party and that they would not honor it. When I told them they sold it to me and they never STATED AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE IT WAS A THIRD PARTY. I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WOULD NOT HONOR THE WARRANTY THEY SOLD ME AT AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE!

I supposed that when you are going down the drain like Macy's is you must find ways to conserve funds and NOT HONOR LEGAL COMMITMENTS. I supposed they need to conserve funds to pay bonuses to the executives who are bankrupting this once great store.

Will never buy from Macy's again rather shop on line or at Costco where they have customer service not dis-service like the once great Macy's

Will not shop here any longer

2017-05-30

Purchased Hannon Leather Recliners by Simon Li-Terrible-Uncomfortable!!!!

"Recently purchased 2 leather recliners ($1000/ea on sale)! Chairs that were delivered were vastly different (measurements more 1-1/2" different than store model). Called within 3 hours to request they be picked up- will charge 15% restocking fee! This is not our responsibility this situation needs to be resolved between Macy's & their supplier-Simon Li! Customer service is terrible. Inspector they sent was rude & irritated to be sent on a call to measure furniture! After endless calls & time spent on hold they refuse to waive the restocking fee! I am DONE with Macy's! "

2017-05-24

AWFUL customer service. Shop elsewear!

"I wanted a Vitamix blender and they're expensive so the Macy's sales person urged me to open a credit card so that I could get 20% off. Great. I did. I was approved immediately (not surprising because I have exceptional credit). I waited for the blender for over two weeks and was e-mailed that my account was closed because of a fraudulent purchase. There was no fraud, no fraud alert, nobody tried using the card I hadn't even received yet and the whole thing didn't make sense at all. NOBODY at Macy's could tell me why this happened. In fact, they agreed it didn't make sense and said they couldn't do anything because my account had been flagged. I spoke with a Sky Aguirre and Andre Sanchez, both were supervisors. Both didn't have a clue what to do. All they could say is, "We can't see any reason this happened but can't do anything about it." I will NEVER open a card with Macy's again. Hours spent on the phone and they are totally inept. I have several credit cards and this was by far the worst experience. "

2017-04-12

Given second credit card under false pretenses

"I've had a Macy's card for over 11 years and was told that I could use my existing card to make a purchase however the card had been deactivated apparently due to non use over a good period of time. Associate tells me no problem. She can reactivate my card. I said fine and two years later I found a second card that had been opened in my name. I do not open credit cards in order to receive discounts particularly when I already have a credit card with a particularly company as was the case here. I surely don't need two."

2017-03-15

A failure to communicate

"I have a king size Stearns & Foster mattress which I purchased at Macy's about two years ago. The mattress is under warranty. I called Macy's in December because there was a large dip in the mattress. I called Macy's and explained my concerns about the mattress, that was causing back pain because of the growing hole. After multiple miscommunications on their end I had a sub-contractor come to look at the mattress. Even though the dip in the mattress was very visible he determined it to be a defective box spring . The mattress and box spring are discontinued so they were going to send me out a new line of box springs that were similar. The box spring has two sections. The first delivery came about a month later and only one of the two was delivered. The second delivery came the next week. This time they came out to pick up the second box spring and they did not have a new box spring with them to replace the one they were taking. Now they called and would like to deliver the second box spring in three weeks. I am having a hard time understanding first of all Macy's did not stand behind this poor product. In my opinion as the person who has to sleep on this mattress that causes back pain it is defective. I paid $2000.00 dollars for this Stearns & Foster mattress. Then the poor communication that Macy's has among their delivery department. In my opinion taking almost four months to deliver two box springs and three failed attempts to do so is failure. I have cancelled my Macy's card because of the poor service and their policy of returning a mattress that causes pain. "

2017-02-19

sneaky credit card service charges

"This company has reached a new low, trying to save their sinking ship by sneaking $2 service and other charges on credit card statements every month. They won't let you pay it off in store at the time of purchase as many other store cards do so they can rack up those interest and service charges, and when you call them out on it their customer service department is a nightmare. This failing company needs to go! Bye Felicia!!"

2017-01-02

Too many sales not enough bargains

"I remember growing up with Macy's seasonal sales. My mom would load us in the car and we knew that if the destination was Macy's, we were getting some pretty cool clothes that didn't maker Mom's wallet too light. Nowadays it seems like they are selling clothes that are permanently on sale and not all the nice. Macy's seems to be competing with Marshalls and Ross rather than with Bloomingdales. It's a different shopping experience these days."

2016-12-18

Lied about price on ring

"Last night bought a levian ring that had a price tag of $6,300. After my discounts it came down to $1615,74 - so you would think that was a good deal. Later that day I was in Lord & Taylor and the same exact ring had a price tag of appox. $3,800 - sale price of $1450.00. I just wish Macy's could be a little more honest in their pricing."

2016-12-17

Awful! Awful! Awful!

"I was treated so poorly by a customer service representative over the phone I just had to write this. I was ignored and made to feel like it wasn't her problem at all and my concerns were wasting her time. You would think that with the reputation Macy's has and the in store experience I've always had would reflect on customer service online! But NO! I will never shop online at Macy's again and I would hope they give more customer service training."

2016-12-09

Special order no problem

"Special ordered a pair of shoes in their store and they arrived at my house very quickly. Very happy with there service."

2016-11-29

Poor Service from their mistake

"Ordered 2 Samsung FAST CHARGE wireless pads as part of Black Friday sale for $19.99 each on Thursday. Got shipping confirmation Friday morning so did not buy anywhere else. Package arrived and they sent the SLOW charge models. Contacted customer service and was told they would not be sending out the correct model, if I wanted to drive to local stores I could see if they had the right model in stock, or I could send back. Looked at all my records and found the UPC code they use for the FAST CHARGE is the one on the SLOW model. This means anyone who ordered on the sale probably got a SLOW model without knowing the difference.

Last time I was in customer service if the company screwed up you don't tell the customer they have to do all the work to fix it. You fix it and apologize for the inconvenience.

Share Macy's's store rating

Macy's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!