Macy's Reviews - macys.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

"Their online service is absolutely the worse. Five months ago I ordered an item that was never delivered. To date I have never received a credit but they charged my account. I have called three times- twice spoke to people in India who could barely speak english and this last time spoke to Mathhew employee #91030604 who had difficulty understanding why I wanted my credit. It should not take five months and numerous calls on my part to get my credit."

modified review This review was modified by Princess-number on April 08 2014 08:26:00 PM

"I've placed an order on Macys.com with shipping address being my friend's address @ shopfans (all in the US). Only to find out the next day that it got cancelled. I tried placing the order again - same thing. When I called Consumer Protection department I was told the system has identified combination of billing address and shipping address as "fraudulent" and I will not be able to place any orders using my account anymore. Obviously, I demanded a review from a supervisor (I also called up my bank and verified that all details on my account were up to date).
I've also tried placing an order via phone with a customer service rep - using my credit card, using my friend's credit card, and even my friends "russian" credit card - nothing worked, none of the orders went through and were blocked by system. Customer service rep thinks all the issue is with the name on the shipping address - Boris Kiselev. Apparently, shipping to Russian names is no longer allowed in the US!! No matter what citizenship you have!
Finally, when I called back Consumer Protection in a couple of days to see what the status of the case was, I was transferred multiple times and eventually told that there was no "under review" note on my case and they are determined this is a fraud and are not willing to look into this anymore (literally, they are calling me a fraud). So, here we go... - I m not able to get an item I wanted and ship it where I want it to be shipped, I wasted more than couple of hrs talking to various Macys department and finally, they claim they are protecting their customers, but who is protecting me in this case? NEVER AGAIN MACY'S.

Rating 4/102/5

"I bought a pair of heels online from Macy's. I loved the heels but they cost $100 and I found the same pair at a different store for $60 a couple of days later. I returned the shoes without any problems. They were great shoes, one of my favorite pairs, but overpriced. "

"I am very happy with the online order I placed at Macys. I even had to call customer service for assistance in placing my order and they were very helpful and informative, walking me through every step of the way. The support line is open late too. Macys shipping was very quick. I received my item so much sooner than as described on their website. Iit only three days in total from the night I placed my order until the afternoon it arrived at my front door. My order was sneakers and they include a pre-printed shipping return label in case I wasn't happy with the order, size, quality, “arrival date” or simply needed to "change my mind". They list processing of returns/exchanges to take only 4 days. And you are given two choices of return method - in store or by mail. Their return policies seemed very straightforward, as that is the first thing I look for before placing an order online. I am very happy with the overall ordering process, as well as the item I received. The quality of the product I received is excellent. I would definitely order Macy’s products again over the internet, as they make it so easy, with a good return policy in place too."

modified review This review was modified by Marcy-L on February 09 2014 12:08:57 PM

"I placed an order for Coach perfume on line. I hadnt received the item for quite some time so I called customer service. She stated it was no longer available and quoted me a significantly higher price even though it was still there at the same price. When I asked for a manager she said they wont be able to help you either, WOW! Was I just a victim of the old bait and switch? I'm very surprised Macy's would do this. Well live and learn!"

"After having a credit card for 20+ years I closed it. Macy's furniture sales offers the worst customer service in the business. Their phone tree is terrible, their wait times are terrible, the delivery process is terrible, the warranty is terrible.

I asked for help too many times to count and finally just closed my card. There are just too many other ways to spend our $ with the right customer service and company values. We just don't align.

zeta's Avatar
Arizona, US

"Placed the order around midnight for a pillow. At noon they shipped it from a local warehouse/store and it got to me the next day through FedEx."

"Horrible customer service. This is the second time I have had an order cancelled without notification via email or phone. When I find out three weeks later, the manager I spoke to was condescending and couldn't accommodate me for being inconvenienced. To top it off the items that I originally ordered are out of stock and it's a week before Christmas. My mother is going to be so disappointed! I have a Macy's credit card and I had my wedding registry there. I will cancel my credit card, never shop at Macy's again and I will be sure to let the world know of my experience!"

modified review This review was modified by Jlt252 on December 16 2013 07:04:15 PM

"I ordered an electronic gift card for a friend from these morons on December 4th. Web site said it will be delivered in 3-6 business days. On the 6th I got email saying it was hipped and be delivered in 3-6 business days. Fast forward, seven business days later they have not delivered and have no idea where it is. Customer service is staffed by pathetic souls located in India. Worst service ever, worst company over. Will never order from them again!"

modified review This review was modified by haktas12 on December 16 2013 12:29:06 PM

"It's the holiday season so of course you want things in time for Christmas. I made an online order on Dec. 6th, it was supposed to ship on the 11th but did not ship until the 14th. To make matters worse they only shipped one out of the seven items I purchased! Now I am being told that the other items WILL NOT get here in time for the holiday! Horrible, Horrible service. I'll never again purchase anything from them online, this is totally a holiday spirit killer."

modified review This review was modified by domtabb04 on December 15 2013 04:20:06 AM

"Ordered 3 items from Macy's online. Confirmation email on 12/3, shipping confirmation 12/5, estimated date of delivery 12/11. On 12/11, no package, checked with Macy's...they don't have any idea where my package is or what happened to it. 1st CSA asks me if I want to cancel it, when I say "no" he hangs up. 2nd CSA says she will check at the warehouse and call me back (I have stupid written on my forehead). 3rd CSA (supervisor) says it's in "exception" status whatever that means and they are looking into it. I still have no idea if or when I will get my package. Macy's however had no difficulty processing my payment. So, good for them, they got something right."

modified review This review was modified by IrisFlowers on December 11 2013 12:10:03 PM

"Macy's Online - Horrible!

I purchased a vacuum cleaner as part of a Cyber Monday Special. When the order was placed, the website indicated that the item had an expected ship date of 12/4. On 12/5, the item still had not shipped and was still marked as shipping on 12/4. I called customer service and was told that the item was in the warehouse and was waiting to be scanned and shipped and that the status would be updated by the end of the day. The next day, 12/6, status was still the same - shipping on 12/4. I called Customer Service and was told that the item was expected to ship on 12/4. I said "It's now 12/6". She said, "It is expected to ship on 12/4". Really???? She told me not to worry that the item would arrive within 3-6 days from 12/4 so will be there by 12/10. I said "It hasn't even shipped yet, how can you say it will be here by Tuesday?". I then asked to cancel the order but was told I could not because it was already preparing to ship.

Needless to say, incompetent customer service that is completely frustrating. I love Macy's stores but from this point on will only shop in the stores - no more online!

"I will echo the earlier review of online Macy's. They shipped me the wrong pair of shoes, then when I wanted to return it, they said I would have to pay the shipping. WHAT?! It was their mistake and they said I had to pay the shipping unless I exchanged the item. I wasn't going to do that after the hassle of dealing with their customer support people and their warehouse. I have recently ordered about 10 pair of shoes from Zappos with no issues. Go there if you are looking for shoes."

modified review This review was modified by kdge on December 02 2013 05:31:54 PM

"Shopping online at Macy's was the worst online shopping experience I have ever had. I tried to get a refund for broken items I received and they kept sending me more of the same item instead of a refund. I was kept on hold for almost an hour and had a supervisor lie to me regarding cancelling the reshipment. The Customer Service representatives kept giving me incorrect information. I spoke to 4 different representatives and none of the information I received was correct. I will never shop at Macy's again."

modified review This review was modified by gabegray on November 29 2013 08:24:46 AM

"Made the mistake of purchasing a gift online, to include personalized message and "gift" box. When trying to apply promo code, system would not accept it. (Note: item was listed as "Available online only") It was a birthday gift, small size (jewelry item)and I requested it be gift wrapped and had card with personalized message. The gift arrived, in a huge "gift" box (red) with small white single side card (at least the spelling was correct) with the price tag attached to the item (inside the "gift box")
Flash forward 3 days, drop by local Macy's, there the same item is in the show case, priced 40% less than the online cost.
Never ever ever order online from this retailer....

modified review This review was modified by CareGive13 on November 22 2013 02:06:45 PM