Stores > Macy's

Customer service: Rating 5.50/10 5.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

2016-11-29

Poor Service from their mistake

"Ordered 2 Samsung FAST CHARGE wireless pads as part of Black Friday sale for $19.99 each on Thursday. Got shipping confirmation Friday morning so did not buy anywhere else. Package arrived and they sent the SLOW charge models. Contacted customer service and was told they would not be sending out the correct model, if I wanted to drive to local stores I could see if they had the right model in stock, or I could send back. Looked at all my records and found the UPC code they use for the FAST CHARGE is the one on the SLOW model. This means anyone who ordered on the sale probably got a SLOW model without knowing the difference.

Last time I was in customer service if the company screwed up you don't tell the customer they have to do all the work to fix it. You fix it and apologize for the inconvenience.

This review was modified by DMCliff on November 29 2016 09:43:05 AM

2016-10-19

Macy Sales

"Macy Sales are great!!!! When they advertise a sale its a real sale!!!! The consultants in the respective departments will always find a wow pass or coupon . Makes me a returning customer. Dressing professionally can be expensive at times however Macys end of the season sales make it possible . Bring Brick and Mortar back Online retailers have no accountability besides amazon Thank You Macys"

2016-10-04

Macy's are a safe bet.

"I have shopped at Macy"s now for about 10 years, and comparing these guys to some of their competitors they run rings around them. Price and service they are great, better still if you have any returns they never argue and always help.

Bigger company who want the customer to return by doing the right thing.

2016-09-07

Great service!

"Website is easy to navigate and all items arrived as ordered on time. Love to shop in the store, too!"

This review was modified by C123c on September 07 2016 03:15:41 PM

2016-07-03

ZERO stars for Macy's

"I have spent several hours on the phone and spoken to 5 different people. Needless to say, I will NEVER, EVER spend another penny at Macy's either online or in the store. Absolutely horrible customer service. After ordering online I get an email saying they can't fill the order. I order something else and they ship to an address I moved from over a year ago. I have ordered several things at my new address but they just decided to start sending to the old house. I called and asked them to fix this. Oh no, "we can't delete an address from your profile" REALLY???? I finally asked to speak to a supervisor and after explaining this nightmare, I asked what her name was. She quickly hung up on me. I am also speaking to the customer service department in the Philippines which creates a language barrier since I am in the US and speak english only. My next step is to try and get my money back for a package that is being sent to my old address. "

This review was modified by hatingmacys on July 03 2016 03:17:56 PM

2016-05-09

Never buy anything from this store

"They are untruthful, false advertisers. They canceled my order of a sale item saying that the item was unavailable however if I want to pay their standard price (a lot more) it is still available for sale on the web site. I am sure that the lose of my business will not upset them, they could care less. So you should go somewhere else to buy your goods. They have no honor what so ever."

This review was modified by Rex7 on May 09 2016 09:49:51 AM

2016-05-06

Worst online shooping experience ever

"Twice they have send my packages to a different city. They have representatives that hardly speak the language and dont understand what u saying to them. And at the end of everything i stay with out my items and dont even get a coupon for all my troubles. Terrible tertible terrible and such a big name and so expensive. They cant even teack a package sent back to them for having wrong address cant even call warehouse to track package down to resend to customer correcy address in overall is a mess. Im very very dissapointed"

This review was modified by Elym on May 06 2016 01:33:26 PM

2016-04-07

Macy's cancelled my order to avoid ebates cashback

"This is the second time several month apart that I've placed orders online at Macys and had to call. This time the cart wouldn't accept my gift card without me calling, the lady did something and all of a sudden it worked. I submitted order (with ebates active for 6% cash back) and about 20 min later I get an email saying order was cancelled and to call consumer protection number. I called, gave my order number, name, phone number. The guy said to hang up and he would call the number provided for verification. He called back and said the reason the order was cancelled was because the item was no longer available for store pickup, that I could have it shipped to my home. I think this whole ordeal was a ploy for Macy's not having to give cash back through ebates. Now that my gift cards are used up, will NEVER shop at Macy's again."

This review was modified by cs43ntp on April 07 2016 07:00:47 PM

2016-03-13

best prices

"found a suit here for $300 less thasn other retailers! yo got my business!"

2016-03-08

Disaster

"Worst customer service ever. They useless. First and 100% last time placing order on that world known scams. Ruined my day. I would give half a star if would be possible"

2016-01-29

Worst ever credit card

"Do not get a Macy's credit card. They try to entice you with a discount, but they will not send you a statement until after the due date, and then they immediately notify the credit agencies of a missed payment. So it's a scam, not worth any potential discount for paying with a Macy's card."

This review was modified by Alexissmith on January 29 2016 03:59:34 PM

2016-01-25

Bait and switch

"i ordered a cookware set that was to come with a bonus bakeware set. My cookware came without the bonus and I was told the were a limited time while quantities last. Well they are still in stock per there website but not for me. I was offered a minimal discount compared to the "bonus value" of $85. I would expect that Macy's would delivery my product as advertised. Instead I got the bait and switch. Poor business practice. Never would have expected this in the past. I will take my business elsewhere. There are plenty of other options and apparently they don't care if you go there. "

2016-01-04

"My hubby bought my favorite perfume for Xmas $185.00 for lotion and perfume. COCO MADAMOISELLE O M G SO GOOD! anyway I was allergic to lotion, so I can't walk a lot had my daughter take it bk for me. They gv me a gift crd, I don't shop here at all. So I called and I explained that I can't use it, I needed the rest of money in cash. This fool said No! WTH You do not hv the right to tell me NO. Are you freaking kidding me! I want to spk to store director, then she says ok. ma'am u can come get ur $ bk. So I took my disabled behind up there on my cane, I hv never been so upset I expected more from this type of store u gv u hard earned money to. I had to stand there an hour while the incompetent clerks screwed around. I eventually got my money back, I told my hubby he wld go elsewhere for my high end
Fragrance somewhere that appreciated their customers and cared about their needs . So for the disabled and those people who do not feel like fighting for ur money plz stay AWAY! !!

This review was modified by Sheila1966 on January 04 2016 01:30:13 AM

2015-12-21

"The WORST! Website was misleading. Do NOT Do Christmas shopping online through Macy's. The website said items would be delivered by Christmas but my confirmation email said they would not even be shipped until on or after January 4th! I called customer service and waited online for 40 minutes...twice. The first time someone answered, and after explaining the issue, I was disconnected! When I finally reached someone, I requested a cancellation and was told I was all set. Two days later, I got another email saying that the order had been shipped! When I called, I was basically told that I had to wait for the package and either send it back or take it back myself. The experience just turned out to be one big inconvenience."

This review was modified by Shopperbf on December 21 2015 06:52:33 AM

2015-12-18

"Im very happy with shoping at macys :) items come on time :)"

This review was modified by Komille on December 18 2015 04:39:25 PM

Share Macy's's store rating

Macy's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!