Macy'sCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.94/10 1.94/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.18/10 1.18/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.38/10 1.38/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.58/10 0.58/10

"I ordered a dress for a Christmas ball and waited three days for it to be shipped out and then the day it was suppose to ship I check to get the tracking number and its say on my account online that the dress was on backorder now....WHAT? No phone call, no email, nothing earlier to inform me so I could have time to find another dress....Thanks for wasting my time Macy's!!!! Now I have to rush around town and hunt a dress down. It is so shady because you can still add the dress to your cart online and it doesn't say its on backorder....inform your customers Macy's so you are not wasting other peoples time! Most companies will let you know if an item is on backorder before you add it to your cart. That was my first purchase with you and definitely my last. I will never buy anything from you again...ever! You really put a bad taste in my mouth. Just bad business!!"

"I purchased a food processor for my daughter for Christmas. I wanted to take advantage of the free shipping since my daughter lives in another state. I requested that it be gift wrapped but Macy's apparently does not have gift wrap large enough for a food processor. I added my gift message "Merry Christmas - Love Mom". Foolish me I expected that the box would be placed in a larger generic brown box so the surprise would be revealed on Christmas morning. NOPE Macy's slapped a shipping label on the food processor box and shipped it off. Macy's has ruined Christmas."

modified review This review was modified by cathcode1 on November 21 2014 08:39:20 AM

"I will NEVER order from Macy's online EVER AGAIN. I ordered 4 dresses and needed to return them. I followed their instructions for the return. 2 weeks AFTER I returned the items, I received 4 gift cards.
When I tried to call, it is next to impossible to get a live person at the 800# and when I finally did, they certainly do not sound like they are in the US. They eventually assured me that the gift cards would be canceled and my credit card would be credited for the entire order. Here it is almost a month later and I still do NOT have credit for the account.
For a company the size of Macy's, I am shocked and appalled at how this is taking so long.
I would tell everyone - BUYER BEWARE!

modified review This review was modified by KSMW on November 18 2014 02:23:14 PM

"Macy's.com often has no real descriptions of their products online.
They will describe a sweater as cotton but the sweater is actually cotton AND acrylic.

They also don't give dimensions of hoop earring. They won't tell you if it's one inch, 1/2 inch or two inches.

Lazy!!

modified review This review was modified by VonDC on November 18 2014 10:32:12 AM

"Ordered two pairs of boots and received a JACKET instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Customer service is terrible. It is answered in Philippines and they are not very helpful, not educated well about their tasks and responsibilities. They ask all non sense questions about the weather, how is my sister and brother and....., but not doing their main job in the right way. One of the talkative agents told me that she will arrange to ship the package overnight and I figured out later that she did not and she has fooled me!!!!! They do not even made up for such a big mistake! I talked to a supervisor and she said I have to re order and she will make arrangements for express shipping and she sent me some promo code and it was not valid! She said she will call me back to follow up and she never did! her name was Shelley Hounsell-Brown! It si terrible, I spent half of my day following up and call to fix this! NO TRUST AT ALL TO WHAT HEY TELL U ON THE PHONE! NO TRUST ON MACYS ANYMORE!"

modified review This review was modified by mehrnoush on November 11 2014 12:56:01 PM

"I ordered some Christmas ornaments on sale today with a discount card they'd mailed out. The total was $110.65, and I was pleased with that. After I completed the purchase, I decided to start looking for other things on my list including a specific type of dog breed ornament that I did not know where to find. To my surprise, I found the perfect one on Macy's.com. I'd had good experiences in the past buying dishes online from Macy's, and had even once had my price adjusted when something I'd ordered went on sale. Because of past experiences I was confident I could call Macy's online, and simply add a few items to my 20 minutes old order, and get them discounted. The first associate I spoke with at Macy's was not friendly, but he was able to add the items. He struggled to attach the discount and said that the added items might go through as the full price, but the discount would be applied later. That sounded odd. It seemed I was being lied to. I asked him to send an email confirmation of the updated order. He said he would. A few hours later I had not received an email confirmation, so I went to my Macy's account to check on the discount. I saw that my order total was $202.42 but it should've been 179.55. The 25% off had not been applied to the items I'd added. I checked my Bank Of America account to make sure that I was not being overcharged on that end, but the wrong amount was also processing in my account. Worse, also charging was my original amount of 110.65. In other words, I had two charges from Macy's totaling 313.07. I called Macy's.com immediately and spoke to an unhelpful and unprofessional woman. I tried explaining the problem --that I had multiple charges and was missing a discount. She was utterly incapable of understanding what I was talking about. She told me the charges were just authorizations and everything would soon be sorted out. I was half-willing to accept that and asked for a receipt, something to confirm my amount after everything was discounted. She said she could not provide me with the correct total for my order. I found that alarming.I asked to speak to her manager and she gave me to a man who is not a manager (and should not be without some serious training!). This guy was awful. He refused to listen, talked over me, interrupted. He did not understand what I was saying and would not just listen so I could explain it. It was baffling to me that the guy could not provide basic customer support. I actually ended up hanging up on him when he told me he would adjust the price of my order to reflect the discount, but there would then be a third charge to my account, meaning about 500$ would be held on my account for 72 hours. He said that I needed to call my bank to sort it out, so that's who I called next. My bank was unfortunately not much more help. They said that the charges were not authorizations, but actual pending transactions. They said to wait until the next day when everything would have cleared my account, and if there were still erroneous charges to call the bank's fraud department. When I asked how long that would take, the representative told me it could be several days. They would have to know first what the amount I was supposed to be charged was, and that would have to be confirmed with Macy's. I knew at this point I needed to have my order with Macy's reflect the actual amount they should be billing, or else the fraud report would be absurdly confusing. So I called Macy's back and asked for a supervisor or manager. I naturally had to deal with some nitwit who wanted to know why. Eventually she realized I really wasn't going to tell her anything and I got a supervisor, who wanted to *call me back in 15 minutes* because her computer wasn't working. I said I would instead hold while she found someone who could help me. I finally got to talk to the same supervisor after holding for couple more minutes (her computer got fixed in that time-miraculous!) She was not happy to be talking to me but she managed to get my total amount to reflect the 25% discount! Amazing! The supervisor then suggested we call my bank and conference with them about the erroneous charges. Macy's wasn't believing me that I had extra charges for some reason. She said they were authorizations that would magically vanish, but I knew they were charges because my online banking account labeled them as such, and the person I spoke to at the bank confirmed that they were charges. My bank said that the charges were in fact authorizations. (Sigh) The bank rep said the refunds of the other charges were in the works. So at this point the matter was solved.(But perhaps I ought to review their customer service and online banking interface, since it took talking to two BOA people to find out what's going on with my account). The matter is resolved --I hope. I will never shop again at Macy's.com. Never. "

modified review This review was modified by mjrscarb on November 08 2014 11:45:07 AM

"Ordered a pair of boots, wide calf from Macy's. Wide calf was too big so I sent them back. Called customer service and ordered them again. Conformation email showed they ordered the same boot I just sent back. Called them back immediately to fix order. They had to cancel the order and re-order but my bank would not allow two identical charges to go through. Customer service asked me for the phone number to my bank and my card number again. I told them my bank was not going to let anyone make changes to my account but me. I asked for the order to be cancelled again. I emailed customer service. They told me to call back again, assured me I would get the original promo price and free expedited shipping (since I was ordering them for a trip). I called back, completed the order. I immediately checked the conformation email to find standard shipping and my address had been changed or another town. I called back immediately again, got my address fixed & asked about shipping. Evidently expedited shipping isn't even available from some vendors they use. I will not get them in time for my trip, however they did give me 15% more off. Will never use Macy's online again, I would have cancelled altogether this time if I did not have gift cards to use. After 5 attempts I will get my boots after the trip I purchased them for. I don't usually complain about anything, but this was crazy. "

"I also experienced what I would consider terrible customer service and operations when trying to order an eGift Card for my sister on her birthday.

The reason I'm ordering an "eGift" is because I wanted something that could be delivered that day (didn't have time or want to wait for something to be mailed).

Not only do I find out after I ordered that it "couldn't be processed" because they have some crazy fraud verification process...I had to call their customer service line and prove I was a real person with a real order on a credit card that was legitimately mine. BUT they also don't ship out eGift Cards "same day" - it's shipped "within 24 hours." So my sister did not get her eGift on her birthday, but instead the day after.

What the heck, Macy's? What's even the point of an eGift Card if it can't be processed and fulfilled same day? This is 2014, people. Get an email marketing and POS automation system. AND while I really appreciate you trying to protect me from fraud, how is it that your process is so much more onerous and obstructive than any other online vendor I've ever done business with?

modified review This review was modified by irishmyth on September 26 2014 07:51:46 AM

"Terrible experience buying an e-gift card online for my sister for her birthday! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!! I paid with my debit card, received a confirmation that she would receive the gift card via email within 24 hours, one week later, I write her to see if she received it and she did not!! I called Macy's to see why and they first said the order was cancelled, when I explained to them I did not and would not cancel the order, they transferred me to another department who said they cancelled it because they could not contact my bank to see if this was a fraudulent charge or not but failed to contact me to let me know!!!! While I was on the phone w/ them, they were able to contact my bank and "re-issue the order", so it's apparent to me they didn't try very hard to contact my bank in the first place. Will never do business there again, have NEVER experienced a problem like this when buying gift cards from other retailers!"

"I looked on line last night and decided to get some beautiful body powder which was 52.00 dollars, I also liked the free gift. I particularly liked the blush which came in two shades. After I purchased the powder the sales lady told me they didn have the blush any longer. I have always loved Estee Lauder products and have been buying them for at least 25 years and this was the first time I was ever dissappointed."

modified review This review was modified by suydam954 on September 17 2014 02:50:40 PM

"My experience was terrible they act like no body is working I had to walk al over the store just to find an open cash register then when I find one the lady say I just signed out it was the worst experience ever "

Macy's User

"terrible shopping experience!!! Placed an order online and ended up with "items not available".."

"I have had the best customer service ever with a womanshoes sales man on the phone I was looking for a specific shoe not only did he find it for me but he was more then happy to help me I just want to say thank you Mike Burgess of store 492 in thousand oaks California"

modified review This review was modified by lisahill79 on September 12 2014 04:41:21 PM

Macy's User

"Made an order online and Macy's ended up not having the item! They did not return my money or respond/contact me back about this issue. I will not shop here again!"

Macy's User

"como puedo hacer para comprar unos zapatos Michael Kors en size 6.5 o 7 cuyo numero de WEB ID 1669287, en colores marron, blanco y negro, que ya no los tienes en Puerto Rico y he intentado llamar a las tiendas que dicen que tienes existencia y nadie contesta o me pasan con el departamento de Zapatos y suena hasta que se cansa, Si me pueden llamar al telefono 787-688-4155 Yolanda Ortega se los agradeceria. Saludos"

Macy's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!