Macy'sCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.40/10 1.40/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.09/10 1.09/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.06/10 1.06/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10

"Ordered online and they cancelled the order because we were not home when they called with a verification code needed to proceed. Once we provided the code they re-processed the order and shipped it across the country to a completely different address never used on my account. I spent hours on the phone with customer service, was only able to receive a refund once all items were confirmed delivered to the wrong address. Horrible company, no compensation for time and energy wasted!"

modified review This review was modified by Maxi2323 on December 15 2014 09:03:01 PM

"As many other people seem to be having the same problem with Macy's Online ordering, I apologize for adding to the turmoil. I tried to place an order, and Macy's declined my debit card (everything was entered correctly and there was more than enough in my account to cover the order). I re-entered my information, just to be sure I didn't make a mistake. They declined me again!! So I went over to my bank statement and found TWO authorizations (for incorrect amounts) on my card. I called Macy's and they told me the charger would fall off. I also called my bank, and they are prepared to file a dispute with Macy's. I wanted to give it some more time, but it has been 8 DAYS, and the charges still haven't dropped. So now I have two charges tying up my available balance with no merchandise to show for it. I called both Macy's and my bank multiple times and all I have gotten was a 20% off coupon for my next purchase. TERRIBLE. BEWARE of their online shopping!!

*UPDATE*
Pick up In-Store of online orders is ALSO a joke. I ordered something online on Monday to be picked up in store. Monday night they sent me an email that my order was ready to be picked up (with no directions on where to go, except to find any associate to help). I went on Tuesday afternoon at 1:10 with plans to catch a train 4 blocks away at 1:48pm. Picking up an order that is already placed aside and paid for should take no time at all, and I thought I would have plenty of time to catch my train. BOY WAS I WRONG. There is no clearly marked place to pick up online orders (at this store, its at a little desk in the middle of sports apparel with no signage). The very rude associates were rummaging through cabinets filled with bags from online orders that were shoved in with no organization but for a receipt stapled to each bag. Of course, my order was nowhere to be found. A manager came to help, who never introduced herself or even smiled. She took my phone (with the order number from my email) with her around the store!! I followed her all over and she wasn't communicating a word with me. She then opened the browser ON MY PHONE to look up the item number of my order! WHAT? She suggested she could do a return or I could come back later, which made me furious! After 30 minutes of running around and getting nowhere, someone ran over with my order in hand. I had communicated that I needed to catch the train, but the manager took her time and had no sense of urgency to help me. Needless to say, I had to run the streets of Philadelphia to catch my train, which I did not catch. No customer service, No organization, No more business from me!

modified review This review was modified by ColesDno on December 17 2014 09:43:50 AM

"Macy's online is offering sale items in a BAIT & SWITCH. After putting a"Sale" item in your basket, the item suddenly disappears from the inventory. If you call Customer Service, you are offered a ten-Times more expensive item at 30% off. BUYER BEWARE ! ! ! "

"I bought an item online at Macy's in November, and it didn't fit. I arranged for a return. I shipped the item out using the return label that Macy's provided, all tags on it, in the original packaging, on 11/21. Due to a UPS delay, the item wasn't delivered to Macy's until 12/1, when it shows received. It is now 12/13, and my purchase has not been refunded. I have already spent approx. 2 hrs on the phone calling Customer Service, to ask why I haven't gotten my refund. The first time, on 12/6, they said it had "only" been "4" days since they received the item; I had to explain to the rep that 6 minus 1 = 5. She then said that she couldn't find my order and wanted me to give her my CREDIT CARD number to look up the order; well, I can't even begin to imagine that Macy's allows its CS reps to require your CC number to look up your order. I refused; I make my purchases online via secure servers, and I'm not about to hand out my CC info to a low-level CS rep who can't even pull up the same order that I can pull up online at their site. Next phone call, on 12/11, I spent 51 minutes because the rep couldn't find the order, wanted the UPS tracking number for the label THEY had provided, then finally admitted that the item clearly had been received by them on 12/1, and wanted me to hold even longer; it was late night and by then I wanted my dinner, and so she PROMISED to call me at 2pm the next day ... no call, of course. Still no credit.During this I've filed 4 separate website forms to contact them, gotten acknowledgements by autoresponder ... but yet to have someone contact me as it says they will.Their goshawful menu system takes ESP to figure out which buttons may get you to a live person to discuss your return -- it's not actually on the menu system, but if you hit the right magic combination then you can talk to someone, not that it does any good -- and along the way, it states that they will refund "when they receive your item" and "typically within 4 days". Obviously not true at all. I'm now going as public as I can, because I have all the documentation and have spent too much of my life trying to get back the refund that should have been a simple matter and taken 2 minutes to correct. Why a large established store like Macy's would ignore this mountain of documents and wasted time, to treat me so shabbily, is beyond me. But there it is -- they JUST DON'T CARE. I'll never buy anything from Macy's again, period. "

modified review This review was modified by de_theboss on December 13 2014 04:47:30 AM

"All I have to say is TERRIBLE. I have honestly NEVER written a review on a business in my life and my experience with Macy's was SO bad that I plan on finding every review website on the internet and telling everyone how HORRIBLE my experience was.
I ordered 2 pair of shoes with the cyber Monday buy one get one free deal. My order total was $169.00- free shipping. A few days later I received an email saying the shoes I was getting for free, were no longer available and I will not be receiving them. I then called Macy's and upon speaking with a customer service rep (John), the shoes were magically back in stock and he said they were going to ship them to me. A day later I go onto my online banking to find THREE separate charges on my DEBIT card (which I don't have a ton of money on to begin with). One charge for $169, one charge for $277.37, and another charge for $108.37. I could not pay bills that were due in fear that I would overdraft my account and have to pay a fee (which I now have for my late bills).
I immediately called customer service at Macy's and had to explain the whole situation to them. They're solution was to call my bank. Upon having a 3-way call with my bank, the bank told them to send over an authorization to drop the charges on their company letterhead. The customer service rep said she was not authorized to do that and there were NO supervisors available. How is that even possible?! It's one of the largest retailers in the country and there were no supervisors available!
After an hour and a half phone call, nothing was accomplished and I was waiting to hear back from a supervisor. FOUR hours later I called customer service again and still no supervisors available. Another hour of my life wasted on the phone with this customer service rep. I told her not to call me back without a supervisor on the line. What does the rep do? She calls me back an hour later to tell me there are still NO supervisors available. She even admitted "there are a too many Indians and not enough chief's here at Macy's".
Finally an hour later (it's now almost 8pm) I get a call from a supervisor names Keniella. She assured me that the problem was taken care of... as if that would be enough. After telling her I would tell everyone I know to cancel their Macy's credit cards, and never shop there again, she offered me 20% off my NEXT purchase at Macy's, as if I would ever shop there again! She then decided to take the 20% off my current order and I felt just a LITTLE bit better. She assured me it was all taken care of and we got off the phone.
This morning I checked my online banking, and Macy's refunded the $277.37 charge, but the $108.37 and $169.00 charge are still there. A Macy's supervisor, Shamika, called me to check in this morning and we had yet another 3-way conference with my bank. The bank asked for a letter to be faxed over on letterhead to remove the charges (again) and Shamika told me it would take 24-48 hours to get the fax to them because the person who faxes in the office isn't there. Apparently faxing a piece of paper isn't a part of the Macy's Supervisor training.
At this point I was BEYOND fed up, I had to get off the phone. I will wait 48 hours to see if this problem is settled and if not, Macy's WILL be hearing from me again.
Also, I ordered these shoes on December 1... it is not December 11 and the shoes just shipped yesterday. That is an OBSCENE amount of time to have to wait to receive an order. You would think one of the 6 reps and supervisors I spoke with would have offered rushed shipping, right? Ya, wishful thinking.
I am disgusted by this lack of professionalism and laziness. I will be sure to tell anyone I can about my experience. No one should EVER have to go through the hell Macy's just put me through.

"Wal-Mart has much better customer service.
Iv never heard of not being able to change an order even if it is not set to be shipped 19 days later!!! I hate Macy's I will never shop there again and I dont reccomend Macy's to no one!

"damn Macy's online order is terrible!!!!! Order placed but it was canceled my order again!!!!!!!! it's not the first time order placed but finally been canceled without giving me a call or email to inform!!! it's damn bad online order i ever made and gave a lot of trouble! terrible and bad experience and i'm not gonna purchase any order in Macy's store anymore! holy shit "

"Macy's has ruined my Christmas!!!!!! I repeat....Macy's has ruined my Christmas!!!!! My experience with Macy's has been utterly horrible. Today is December 6th 2014; I've placed the same small order 3 times....before Thanksgiving and they still can't get it right and ship it out. I am shocked at the incompetence and lack of professionalism displayed by Macy's. I would expect it it from some other retailer....but not them!!!! Wow. I have always viewed them as a world class company; on top of the frustration, it saddens me to have had the experience I've had because I love this store so much. I have great memories of browsing the store at 34th st. In NYC with my mom. I love Macy's....WHAT HAPPENED??? Cancelled orders, items not available.... Unprofessional.... Untrained.... Overseas call center personell....MACY'S.... What happened???

Folks....save yourself the hassle....shop elsewhere this Christmas. Hopefully Christmas 2015 will be better.

modified review This review was modified by A.Welch on December 06 2014 09:55:57 PM

"Calling Macy customer service is patronizing "I Understand" 500 times does not mean you understand. Macy outsources customer service and getting a supervisor is next to impossible. Alex #91030 who claimed t be a supervisor hung up on now for a second time. The Christmas I have purchased from Macy is being shipped back and I will reorder from Nordstroms and Amazon both of whom have exceptional service "

"I ordered a dress for a Christmas ball and waited three days for it to be shipped out and then the day it was suppose to ship I check to get the tracking number and its say on my account online that the dress was on backorder now....WHAT? No phone call, no email, nothing earlier to inform me so I could have time to find another dress....Thanks for wasting my time Macy's!!!! Now I have to rush around town and hunt a dress down. It is so shady because you can still add the dress to your cart online and it doesn't say its on backorder....inform your customers Macy's so you are not wasting other peoples time! Most companies will let you know if an item is on backorder before you add it to your cart. That was my first purchase with you and definitely my last. I will never buy anything from you again...ever! You really put a bad taste in my mouth. Just bad business!!"

"I purchased a food processor for my daughter for Christmas. I wanted to take advantage of the free shipping since my daughter lives in another state. I requested that it be gift wrapped but Macy's apparently does not have gift wrap large enough for a food processor. I added my gift message "Merry Christmas - Love Mom". Foolish me I expected that the box would be placed in a larger generic brown box so the surprise would be revealed on Christmas morning. NOPE Macy's slapped a shipping label on the food processor box and shipped it off. Macy's has ruined Christmas."

modified review This review was modified by cathcode1 on November 21 2014 08:39:20 AM

"I will NEVER order from Macy's online EVER AGAIN. I ordered 4 dresses and needed to return them. I followed their instructions for the return. 2 weeks AFTER I returned the items, I received 4 gift cards.
When I tried to call, it is next to impossible to get a live person at the 800# and when I finally did, they certainly do not sound like they are in the US. They eventually assured me that the gift cards would be canceled and my credit card would be credited for the entire order. Here it is almost a month later and I still do NOT have credit for the account.
For a company the size of Macy's, I am shocked and appalled at how this is taking so long.
I would tell everyone - BUYER BEWARE!

modified review This review was modified by KSMW on November 18 2014 02:23:14 PM

"Macy's.com often has no real descriptions of their products online.
They will describe a sweater as cotton but the sweater is actually cotton AND acrylic.

They also don't give dimensions of hoop earring. They won't tell you if it's one inch, 1/2 inch or two inches.

Lazy!!

modified review This review was modified by VonDC on November 18 2014 10:32:12 AM

"Ordered two pairs of boots and received a JACKET instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Customer service is terrible. It is answered in Philippines and they are not very helpful, not educated well about their tasks and responsibilities. They ask all non sense questions about the weather, how is my sister and brother and....., but not doing their main job in the right way. One of the talkative agents told me that she will arrange to ship the package overnight and I figured out later that she did not and she has fooled me!!!!! They do not even made up for such a big mistake! I talked to a supervisor and she said I have to re order and she will make arrangements for express shipping and she sent me some promo code and it was not valid! She said she will call me back to follow up and she never did! her name was Shelley Hounsell-Brown! It si terrible, I spent half of my day following up and call to fix this! NO TRUST AT ALL TO WHAT HEY TELL U ON THE PHONE! NO TRUST ON MACYS ANYMORE!"

modified review This review was modified by mehrnoush on November 11 2014 12:56:01 PM

"I ordered some Christmas ornaments on sale today with a discount card they'd mailed out. The total was $110.65, and I was pleased with that. After I completed the purchase, I decided to start looking for other things on my list including a specific type of dog breed ornament that I did not know where to find. To my surprise, I found the perfect one on Macy's.com. I'd had good experiences in the past buying dishes online from Macy's, and had even once had my price adjusted when something I'd ordered went on sale. Because of past experiences I was confident I could call Macy's online, and simply add a few items to my 20 minutes old order, and get them discounted. The first associate I spoke with at Macy's was not friendly, but he was able to add the items. He struggled to attach the discount and said that the added items might go through as the full price, but the discount would be applied later. That sounded odd. It seemed I was being lied to. I asked him to send an email confirmation of the updated order. He said he would. A few hours later I had not received an email confirmation, so I went to my Macy's account to check on the discount. I saw that my order total was $202.42 but it should've been 179.55. The 25% off had not been applied to the items I'd added. I checked my Bank Of America account to make sure that I was not being overcharged on that end, but the wrong amount was also processing in my account. Worse, also charging was my original amount of 110.65. In other words, I had two charges from Macy's totaling 313.07. I called Macy's.com immediately and spoke to an unhelpful and unprofessional woman. I tried explaining the problem --that I had multiple charges and was missing a discount. She was utterly incapable of understanding what I was talking about. She told me the charges were just authorizations and everything would soon be sorted out. I was half-willing to accept that and asked for a receipt, something to confirm my amount after everything was discounted. She said she could not provide me with the correct total for my order. I found that alarming.I asked to speak to her manager and she gave me to a man who is not a manager (and should not be without some serious training!). This guy was awful. He refused to listen, talked over me, interrupted. He did not understand what I was saying and would not just listen so I could explain it. It was baffling to me that the guy could not provide basic customer support. I actually ended up hanging up on him when he told me he would adjust the price of my order to reflect the discount, but there would then be a third charge to my account, meaning about 500$ would be held on my account for 72 hours. He said that I needed to call my bank to sort it out, so that's who I called next. My bank was unfortunately not much more help. They said that the charges were not authorizations, but actual pending transactions. They said to wait until the next day when everything would have cleared my account, and if there were still erroneous charges to call the bank's fraud department. When I asked how long that would take, the representative told me it could be several days. They would have to know first what the amount I was supposed to be charged was, and that would have to be confirmed with Macy's. I knew at this point I needed to have my order with Macy's reflect the actual amount they should be billing, or else the fraud report would be absurdly confusing. So I called Macy's back and asked for a supervisor or manager. I naturally had to deal with some nitwit who wanted to know why. Eventually she realized I really wasn't going to tell her anything and I got a supervisor, who wanted to *call me back in 15 minutes* because her computer wasn't working. I said I would instead hold while she found someone who could help me. I finally got to talk to the same supervisor after holding for couple more minutes (her computer got fixed in that time-miraculous!) She was not happy to be talking to me but she managed to get my total amount to reflect the 25% discount! Amazing! The supervisor then suggested we call my bank and conference with them about the erroneous charges. Macy's wasn't believing me that I had extra charges for some reason. She said they were authorizations that would magically vanish, but I knew they were charges because my online banking account labeled them as such, and the person I spoke to at the bank confirmed that they were charges. My bank said that the charges were in fact authorizations. (Sigh) The bank rep said the refunds of the other charges were in the works. So at this point the matter was solved.(But perhaps I ought to review their customer service and online banking interface, since it took talking to two BOA people to find out what's going on with my account). The matter is resolved --I hope. I will never shop again at Macy's.com. Never. "

modified review This review was modified by mjrscarb on November 08 2014 11:45:07 AM

Macy's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!