Stores > Macy's

Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

2016-04-07

Macy's cancelled my order to avoid ebates cashback

"This is the second time several month apart that I've placed orders online at Macys and had to call. This time the cart wouldn't accept my gift card without me calling, the lady did something and all of a sudden it worked. I submitted order (with ebates active for 6% cash back) and about 20 min later I get an email saying order was cancelled and to call consumer protection number. I called, gave my order number, name, phone number. The guy said to hang up and he would call the number provided for verification. He called back and said the reason the order was cancelled was because the item was no longer available for store pickup, that I could have it shipped to my home. I think this whole ordeal was a ploy for Macy's not having to give cash back through ebates. Now that my gift cards are used up, will NEVER shop at Macy's again."

This review was modified by cs43ntp on April 07 2016 07:00:47 PM

2016-03-13

best prices

"found a suit here for $300 less thasn other retailers! yo got my business!"

2016-03-08

Disaster

"Worst customer service ever. They useless. First and 100% last time placing order on that world known scams. Ruined my day. I would give half a star if would be possible"

2016-01-29

Worst ever credit card

"Do not get a Macy's credit card. They try to entice you with a discount, but they will not send you a statement until after the due date, and then they immediately notify the credit agencies of a missed payment. So it's a scam, not worth any potential discount for paying with a Macy's card."

This review was modified by Alexissmith on January 29 2016 03:59:34 PM

2016-01-25

Bait and switch

"i ordered a cookware set that was to come with a bonus bakeware set. My cookware came without the bonus and I was told the were a limited time while quantities last. Well they are still in stock per there website but not for me. I was offered a minimal discount compared to the "bonus value" of $85. I would expect that Macy's would delivery my product as advertised. Instead I got the bait and switch. Poor business practice. Never would have expected this in the past. I will take my business elsewhere. There are plenty of other options and apparently they don't care if you go there. "

2016-01-04

"My hubby bought my favorite perfume for Xmas $185.00 for lotion and perfume. COCO MADAMOISELLE O M G SO GOOD! anyway I was allergic to lotion, so I can't walk a lot had my daughter take it bk for me. They gv me a gift crd, I don't shop here at all. So I called and I explained that I can't use it, I needed the rest of money in cash. This fool said No! WTH You do not hv the right to tell me NO. Are you freaking kidding me! I want to spk to store director, then she says ok. ma'am u can come get ur $ bk. So I took my disabled behind up there on my cane, I hv never been so upset I expected more from this type of store u gv u hard earned money to. I had to stand there an hour while the incompetent clerks screwed around. I eventually got my money back, I told my hubby he wld go elsewhere for my high end
Fragrance somewhere that appreciated their customers and cared about their needs . So for the disabled and those people who do not feel like fighting for ur money plz stay AWAY! !!

This review was modified by Sheila1966 on January 04 2016 01:30:13 AM

2015-12-21

"The WORST! Website was misleading. Do NOT Do Christmas shopping online through Macy's. The website said items would be delivered by Christmas but my confirmation email said they would not even be shipped until on or after January 4th! I called customer service and waited online for 40 minutes...twice. The first time someone answered, and after explaining the issue, I was disconnected! When I finally reached someone, I requested a cancellation and was told I was all set. Two days later, I got another email saying that the order had been shipped! When I called, I was basically told that I had to wait for the package and either send it back or take it back myself. The experience just turned out to be one big inconvenience."

This review was modified by Shopperbf on December 21 2015 06:52:33 AM

2015-12-18

"Im very happy with shoping at macys :) items come on time :)"

This review was modified by Komille on December 18 2015 04:39:25 PM

2015-12-02

"If I could I would give ZERO STARS!! I received an email stating that my order was cancelled and that I was NOT charged.

However, I WAS CHARGED $74.99 for this. Please make sure that my money is refunded accordingly in a timely manner. I am very upset about this and have tried calling the customer service line NUMEROUS times. I kept getting the same person to answer my calls and he was NO HELP whatsoever. He didn’t have a clue to what I was referring to and obviously was unable to help me. He kept transferring me back to the main customer service auto line and ended up wasting at least 40 minutes of my time. I am VERY, VERY unpleased with this!

2015-11-28

"Ordered a gift card. A simple $50 gift card to be delivered by email to recipient.
Next day, multiple calls hit my voicemail early in the morning for some sort of confirmation.
I call back with the ref # they gave me, it is not valid, and I need another number I have to dig through my email for.
Next, "please hold" and I get someone who spoke very little English. I had to ask him/her to transfer me to someone who could be understood.
That person asks me again for all my info. I told them to cancel the order. Got an amazon.com card instead, done in less than 30 seconds with no farting around. Will never shop macys.com again.

2015-11-24

"Purchased several of the same item. Was told they would be ship to me. Never received item nor email. Called and they said they would credit my card due to the items being unavailable. Now 6 months later purchased two of the same item and only received one in box. Called and they said they would have another shipped to me. I called this morning due to the items being cheaper at another store and was told as soon as I receive the second item please call back and they would do a price adjustment. Called back and was on hold for 30 minutes hung up a called again to speak to a supervisor and then was told they do not do price adjustments. I'm going to return the items and order them from Lord and Taylor. I will take my business elsewhere. "

2015-10-28

"Ordered the wrong size from them by mistake. A quick call later and the return was processed, quickly and easily. The money was back on my credit card within two days."

2015-10-13

"I was shopping at Macy's ssp in Braintree. A women named Regina in Style&Co was extremely helpful. I was a little bothered by another incounter with an employee where I had to return something. That women wasn't happy she had to return items. Regina apologized for that person and gave excellent customer service. I think her bosses should know that."

2015-09-14

"I drove over 100 miles rt to the Menlo store looking for a gown that I saw in Willowbrook and was told Menlo had 2 in my size. When I arrived I only found the dress in short and my event was formal. Rochelle came to my aid. We couldn't find it on the floor but she scanned my Macy's slip from Willowbrook and said they should have 2. She checked the stockroom and found the dress. She was kind enough to sip me up and said the gown fit perfect. I was ready to paid and she checked the gown over and found a stain. She went into the stockroom again and pulled out the 2nd gown. We checked it over and it was perfect. Thank you Rochelle, you made my day. She is professional, went the extra mile, sweet and very pleasant. She is an asset to Macy's. I purchase many gowns at Macy and in the past 2 weeks have purchased 2 and will continue shopping Macy's. "

This review was modified by MarilynRubner on September 14 2015 01:18:31 PM

2015-08-26

"Trying to order from Macy's website is the WORST experience I have ever had when ordering anything online which is saying a lot. I thought I was going to get a good deal but it ended up a frustrating waste of time. I was on the phone several times for hours (costumer service is AWFUL) and have nothing to show for it. That is except a 20% discount on a different order IF I make one. Really 20% is not near enough how about I get the items that I ordered in the first place and that you told me were available but then the next day suddenly vanished. Then were available and suddenly vanished AGAIN. That's quite the magic act. I'm not the type of person that writes reviews online especially negative. But really? Point being if you are considering order from Macy's online I have one word for you. DON'T."

This review was modified by frustrationoverload on August 26 2015 06:24:13 AM

Share Macy's's store rating

Macy's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!