Macy'sCoupons

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.12/10 2.12/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10

"I also experienced what I would consider terrible customer service and operations when trying to order an eGift Card for my sister on her birthday.

The reason I'm ordering an "eGift" is because I wanted something that could be delivered that day (didn't have time or want to wait for something to be mailed).

Not only do I find out after I ordered that it "couldn't be processed" because they have some crazy fraud verification process...I had to call their customer service line and prove I was a real person with a real order on a credit card that was legitimately mine. BUT they also don't ship out eGift Cards "same day" - it's shipped "within 24 hours." So my sister did not get her eGift on her birthday, but instead the day after.

What the heck, Macy's? What's even the point of an eGift Card if it can't be processed and fulfilled same day? This is 2014, people. Get an email marketing and POS automation system. AND while I really appreciate you trying to protect me from fraud, how is it that your process is so much more onerous and obstructive than any other online vendor I've ever done business with?

modified review This review was modified by irishmyth on September 26 2014 07:51:46 AM

"Terrible experience buying an e-gift card online for my sister for her birthday! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!! I paid with my debit card, received a confirmation that she would receive the gift card via email within 24 hours, one week later, I write her to see if she received it and she did not!! I called Macy's to see why and they first said the order was cancelled, when I explained to them I did not and would not cancel the order, they transferred me to another department who said they cancelled it because they could not contact my bank to see if this was a fraudulent charge or not but failed to contact me to let me know!!!! While I was on the phone w/ them, they were able to contact my bank and "re-issue the order", so it's apparent to me they didn't try very hard to contact my bank in the first place. Will never do business there again, have NEVER experienced a problem like this when buying gift cards from other retailers!"

"I looked on line last night and decided to get some beautiful body powder which was 52.00 dollars, I also liked the free gift. I particularly liked the blush which came in two shades. After I purchased the powder the sales lady told me they didn have the blush any longer. I have always loved Estee Lauder products and have been buying them for at least 25 years and this was the first time I was ever dissappointed."

modified review This review was modified by suydam954 on September 17 2014 02:50:40 PM

"My experience was terrible they act like no body is working I had to walk al over the store just to find an open cash register then when I find one the lady say I just signed out it was the worst experience ever "

Macy's User

"terrible shopping experience!!! Placed an order online and ended up with "items not available".."

"I have had the best customer service ever with a womanshoes sales man on the phone I was looking for a specific shoe not only did he find it for me but he was more then happy to help me I just want to say thank you Mike Burgess of store 492 in thousand oaks California"

modified review This review was modified by lisahill79 on September 12 2014 04:41:21 PM

Macy's User

"Made an order online and Macy's ended up not having the item! They did not return my money or respond/contact me back about this issue. I will not shop here again!"

Macy's User

"como puedo hacer para comprar unos zapatos Michael Kors en size 6.5 o 7 cuyo numero de WEB ID 1669287, en colores marron, blanco y negro, que ya no los tienes en Puerto Rico y he intentado llamar a las tiendas que dicen que tienes existencia y nadie contesta o me pasan con el departamento de Zapatos y suena hasta que se cansa, Si me pueden llamar al telefono 787-688-4155 Yolanda Ortega se los agradeceria. Saludos"

"Boy, I wish I had read all these comments before researching handbags and placing an order with them. I don't typically shop at Macy's but needed to replace my daily handbag, plus found a couple of other cute items. And hey, it appeared that they were 15% off to boot! To begin, not one but ALL of the items were "excluded," which sort of soured things from the beginning. Then one item wouldn't load into my cart, so called. The person who assisted with my order put the wrong colors for one bag, so had to take time to call back again. The person I spoke with had a strong foreign accent and was difficult to understand. After being put on hold several times (how hard is it to do a simple exchange?) I was told that they would have to cancel and redo the order and, by the way, there was now a hold on my credit card due to the previous order and so the replacement item charge was declined. Then the clerk generously offered free shipping to compensate me for my trouble, problem being that I was ALREADY getting free shipping due to the amount of the order. At this point I was disgusted and told her to cancel all items. She would not give me an identifying number and when I again had to wait for a supervisor I just hung up. Ridiculous customer service, especially at these prices. Happy to take my business to Dillard's or Nordstrums"

"We order mattress and we were schedule for delivery for 25th of July. And we got called on 24th saying that we are schedule between 11.15 am- 1.15pm. But to make sure we get this on schedule ; I called customer service on 24th to make sure driver called us 30 mins before he get home and also change primary number to mine number. On the delivery date : I got called in this number from customer service from macys at 11.23 am. He said that driver is outside my house. I told him that I requested That driver to called me 30 min before he get home. I request him that I will b there in 20 mins. He told me he will ask driver n will call me back. He called me back n told me that driver can only wait 2 more minutes. I insist him that I requested that to make sure to call me 30 mins before. But he claimed that driver did called me twice n left voice mail. I keep telling them I didn't got any call. And I have phone with me all the time. I also tell him that I can get my phone record that I didn't got any call. He asked me to called customer . I called customer service right away and explained whole situation, and she asked me to hold for couple of Minutes. She care back after 2 Minutes in hold. And she told me she talked with driver. And quote" I have to go with; what driver said." That's means she was saying I am lying that driver did called me 2 times. Which I felt really low. I am customer and I told her I can give u my phone record to show that he didn't called me. She said she have to go with what driver said. I was horrified with customer experience and I requested If I can talk with her supervisor. She put me on with her supervisor . Her name " Ycorie". I explained her whole story and requested her if she can deliver mattress either today. Tomorrow or day after tomorrow. She said she is sorry and she can't do it. She asked me to called customer service and reschedule. This is insane. I waited 2 weeks for mattress and I have to wait 2 more weeks. I requested her I cannot wait 2 more week. I insisted that it's not my fault that driver didn't called me. She keep saying that driver called in. This is worst customer service ever. I was very disappointed with supervisor and asked her to cancel my order. She didn't hesitate at all or said anything . And she cancel order. Macy's customers service is worst and they don't care if customers buys or nor. I asked her she don't mind if she is losing one customer for whole of his life. She said no. Pathetic customers service. I am gonna close my macy's credit card too. I am done with macys . And I will request fellow customers to stay away from macys."

modified review This review was modified by vivek8888 on July 25 2014 11:32:56 AM

"Absolutely atrocious place! I've never experienced such poor customer service. Placed an order online and waited a good two weeks. Order was shipped, but instead of DKNY trench coat, they'd put in a pair denim overalls. Called to have it corrected and was informed that they no longer had the coat in my size. They can send me a size smaller or one bigger. Because that's a GREAT option! And they won't credit me until they get their items back. Ironically, shipping label said "packed with pride by Lisa"! Clearly Lisa needs to go to school and learn how to read. Because jean overalls does not equal a trench coat. So extremely disappointed. Have cancelled my credit card and won't be doing business with this company anymore."

modified review This review was modified by genuineR on June 26 2014 05:17:05 PM

"I am so disgusted with Macy and their customer service. Just bought a gift for a wedding that was supposed to be shipped to me, but Macys puts in the bride address for shipment and you have to change it if you want the items sent to a different address. I did not notice this. Then the bride got the gift but there were 4 items missing. They argued with me that they all shipped in one box on one day. So the bride sends me a packing slip clearly showing that 5 items were checked off and shipped and the last one which was 4 bowls was not shipped.. the other issue is that this gift packing slip show all of the prices. I am so upset I WILL NEVER SHOP AT MACYS AGAIN."

modified review This review was modified by MaryDS2014 on June 13 2014 12:37:29 PM

"Very disappointed. I noticed that the item they were shipping was not the right item I ordered. The original confirmation email shows the right item, however, Macy's my order status page shows the wrong item as my order. I emailed Macy's customer service attaching my confirmation email. It's clearly their system error, but the return process is the same as anyone else's return. They won't ship the right item: I need to place another order and they'll credit the account when they receive the return. Yes, there's magic coming my way."

modified review This review was modified by inkandtoner on June 03 2014 10:11:41 AM

"I have a Macy's credit account or I should say had a Macy's credit account. When A bill came for $116.36 with a $5.00 fee for missed payment from previous month, March, no big deal I'll just pay it this month, April, due on the 28th. Then it began.....they called out the dogs.... the credit department called on the 22nd where the representative said I was overdue and needed to pay the bill and they had been trying to reach me since the 19th. Really Macy's? WTH? I told the representative I received the new bill, it was due on the 28th and today was the 22nd. He told me to listen I owed the money and he was calling to collect. So..... I paid the bill and promptly cancelled the card then was told I was foolish to do so, it was my fault for not making the initial payment. Well Mr. Representative....I will no longer be shopping at Macy's and if wishes come true...I hope that every other customer that is harassed by Macy's credit department follows suit, Macy's goes belly up and you're no longer needed. A guy can dream can't he?"

"Their online service is absolutely the worse. Five months ago I ordered an item that was never delivered. To date I have never received a credit but they charged my account. I have called three times- twice spoke to people in India who could barely speak english and this last time spoke to Mathhew employee #91030604 who had difficulty understanding why I wanted my credit. It should not take five months and numerous calls on my part to get my credit."

modified review This review was modified by Princess-number on April 08 2014 08:26:00 PM

Macy's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!