Stores > Mac of All Trades

Customer service: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
2017-02-18

Good bread!

"Purchased my 1st iMac from them and I'm very pleased with my purchase. So pleased that I came back and purchased a ipad mini from them and I'm EXTREMELY pleased with that purchase. Both items are doing fine and I have had absolutely no issues. "

This review was modified by Giottidee on February 18 2017 10:00:02 AM

2017-02-11

They paid top dollar for macbook pro and great customer service.

"They offered the most, by far, for a macbook pro I wanted to sale. Then when the new laptop I had ordered (from someone else) needed to be returned and I needed to keep my macbook pro for a little longer they were very willing to extend their offer until I received a replacement for my new laptop. "

This review was modified by dannyj1959 on February 12 2017 09:30:02 AM

2017-01-28

Wow! Fantastic Mac

"Wow! This iMac blew my mind when I got it. The shipping was very good and it was packed very nicely and in a way that the iMac was still protected. I was expecting it to maybe be beat up or something especially because I was very wary of buying from an online seller but MOAT had a lot of certifications and a really good price so I decided to give it a try. I do not regret my decision whatsoever in any way. It was listed as "Good" condition but in my opinion it would be "Mint" condition. I only found 2 scratches that were barely visible. The only thing I want to fix is maybe to get a newer and updated iMac because the last OS it has is El Capitan and it can't update to Sierra. I will probably buy from MOAT again in the future and I recommend it to anyone that is on a tight budget for anything Apple."

This review was modified by awesomedamien21 on January 28 2017 07:15:02 PM

2016-12-23

Avoid MacOfAllTrades At All Costs

"MacOfAllTrades sent me THREE broken Macs in a row, each with significant problems which could have been detected with a quick inspection requiring no advanced training. Don't believe these guys when they say they will check out your machine before they ship it to you, that's not how it works. It's more like a slot machine where you insert your cash and pull the lever, and who knows, maybe you'll win.

The sales and support guys are pretty slick characters and do a pretty good imitation of being professionals. Don't buy the pitch. Don't buy anything.

You were wise to check here before doing business with these bozos. I wish I could say the same....

This review was modified by PhilbertT on December 24 2016 04:48:10 AM

2016-12-08

Rotten Apples

"Bought iMac but had noise in hard drive so exchanged. SAME thing on second and third machine. Exchanged keyboards, theirs didn't work. After four trips 50 miles and an hour EACH the software on the last machine doesn't work correctly. Totally disgusted with moat. Put up with software not working for a couple of months then tried to trade-in the machine and cash for a newer one. They offered me nothing for trade-in. I'll never do business with them again and you shouldn't either."

This review was modified by tiredofregistering on December 08 2016 08:31:46 AM

2016-11-29

Wrong product sent

"Oh man, I am so mad right now. They sent me the wrong laptop and I contacted customer service. They asked me to send screenshots proving that it was wrong I did a few minutes later, but no reply. And now I have not from them since. It has been about 5 days, nothing! Just do yourself a favor and skip them."

2016-10-21

Great buy

"I just received my Macbook Air from MAC OF ALL TRADES, it is everything that I expected it to be, it has minor scratches but since it is refurbished I'm not surprised. My Machine works perfectly fine and its fast as ever! Highly recommend this company! Bought this product on a Wednesday and received it on Friday morning !"

This review was modified by morganwilli22 on October 21 2016 12:30:46 PM

2016-08-31

"Let's just say that I'm very happy that I found this here site!

Not only was I able to get my late-2009 MacBook for a very reasonable price, but I was also able to upgrade the components of it like the memory and hard drive; it's as if I was buying a new Mac.

To make this a computer almost comparable to my late 2011 MacBook Pro, I upgraded the memory to 4GB (which in this day and age is a must for running the latest versions of OS X) and swapped the stock 250GB 5400RPM hard drive out for a 240GB SSD since I had an SSD in my Pro and loved the extra boost of speed it provided. It runs El Capitan like a champ, and it just makes the cut to run Sierra which makes me very happy.

It looks like they even put a new battery in this particular MacBook, as when I looked at the battery info in system profiler, it only showed 4 cycles on it!

2016-07-20

Buy at Your Own Risk!

"I purchased a refurbed iMac 2 months ago and had nothing but issues from the first boot up. Obviously they did not inspect the mac they sent me before shipping it out. I have bought Mac refurbs in the past but always from Apple with no issue. The refurb from Mac of All trades had severe hard drive issues, it could not even run the apple programs that come preloaded on the device without crashing. It eventually crashed so many times that it would only boot in safe mode and would not allow me to do anything. I am a wedding photographer and this happened in the peak of the season so I needed the issue resolved ASAP. When I contacted customer service they took their time handling my issue despite it being their fault. It would take a full day to get a response from someone and it usually happened at the end of the day right before their work hours ended. They would not send me a replacement unit without having to drop another 1000 dollars while my initial 1000 dollars was held up the in the return process. They did not seem to want to take ownership for the shoddy product and never refunded my 40 dollars worth of shipping costs. I was so frustrated and running out of time due to deadlines that I just went to the Apple Store and spend the additional 300 dollars for a brand new iMac, which I should have done in the first place! I would not trust this company, they are doing some sketchy business and you're most likely going to have a really expensive paperweight if you buy from them!"

This review was modified by msnewb on July 20 2016 09:25:27 AM

2016-05-27

Terrible shipping, even worse customer service

"Bought an iMac, paid 90 dollars for two day air shipping, it arrived in 5 business days. Brought up the issue to customer service, not a care was shed and absolutely no reimbursement was offered. Claimed they needed 48 hours for testing, to simply plug in a machine. Incompetence, dishonest, and not a care in the world to fix their unprofessional error."

This review was modified by RonnieBucketz on May 27 2016 11:54:54 PM

2016-04-21

Logic Board Issues

"re: Lianslo's review: I just have to reiterate this because I think I got both of your units after you did! This EXACT issue happened to me. You can't tell me that MOAT did not know that they were selling lemons. Completely lousy experience with this dishonest company.

"Terrible Experience

"After purchasing a 15 inch, 2.66 GHz MacBook Pro from Mac of All Trades I was very excited. I had gotten a great price for what seemed like a decent model. But within a month I started having a lot of issues with my laptop unexpectedly crashing. After a call to Mac of All Trades and a visit to my local Apple store for a diagnosis I was informed that this particular model often had a corrupted graphics card, but if this issue was fixed, via a new logic board, everything should be fine. Long story short I spent the next year trying to resolve this issue through Mac of All Trades. At first they just sent me a different laptop. Same model, same exact problem. Then I asked if they could please do the suggested repair and I waited almost 2 months to get my laptop back only to find that the same issue remained. Finally I received a third laptop from them at the tail end of my warranty. SAME EXACT ISSUE. My warranty has now expired and I'm stuck with this malfunctioning computer. Although I had a couple of seemingly helpful phone calls with their office, I honestly feel as if Mac of All Trades never had any intention of fixing my problem based on the cost of repair. I even inquired if I could have my unit repaired by my Apple store but they always referenced a third party that they used for repairs, saying that it was a cheaper avenue. In the end they just kept sending me different units with the same problem. I found it all to be very dishonest and would not recommend them. "

This review was modified by jpr2016 on April 21 2016 07:19:01 AM

2016-04-03

Fast, easy and most $

"Macmeanoffer was great! It was a very quick and easy process. They offered by far the most money and offer local drop off.

I've used gazelle many times before and found Macmeanoffer recently. I will only use them from here on.

This review was modified by tprow on April 03 2016 12:56:40 PM

2016-02-17

terrible

"AWFUL customer service.. The computer prompted me to backup using another computer. Which I did. And all they did was send me an email of fixes that would not work. Now they just say that it's not covered under my warranty.. Basically I bought an iMac and it just won't work now. Never even got it to work once. SUCH A WASTE OF MONEY. NEVER AGAIN!!! DO NOT BUY!"

This review was modified by WhitneyBowles on February 17 2016 05:00:24 PM

2016-02-16

NEVER BUYING AGAIN!!! (Old review title) Edited Reviw

"Below is my original review for Mac of All Trades, however once the customer service finally got into gear I was taken care of. I spent the last few days communicating with customer service rep and after further review of my situation, Mac of All Trades decided to send me a replacement laptop and further investigate the company that they received the laptop from. Because of this, I was very pleased and surprised and my opinions changed since thinking I would be left out to dry with a non-working MacBook. I now anxiously wait for the arrival of my 2nd MacBook and hope for no more problems.

I bought a MacBook Air (Mid 2013) from Mac of All Trades in late November 2015. It arrived in a very timely fashion and worked well for about a month. I was very happy and was planning to buy my wife a MacBook from Mac of All Trades, until January when my MacBook stopped charging, the audio stopped working completely, and became very slow. I figured sometimes this can happen when buying refurbished. So I sent my Macbook Air back to Mac of All Trades to be looked at and hopefully fixed. I received an e-mail the day my MacBook arrived at the Mac of All Trades warehouse saying my MacBook was received and I would hear from them again the following business day regarding the issues with my laptop. about a week later I still haven't heard anything from Mac of All Trades. I called just to be told that my package hasn't been looked at yet because the technicians had "called out sick" and there has been no one there to inspect my MacBook. I was reassured however that someone would contact me the following business day. It has now been 2 weeks since I sent my MacBook in and I still had heard nothing from Mac of All Trades. Today I called back again to check the status of my MacBook and ask why no efforts to contact me had been made. A customer service rep told me that again no technicians were available to speak to me but he could read me the notes from the inspection of my MacBook. The rep then told me that the technician found water damage when he opened up my MacBook! And of course water damage voids the warranty. Since buying that MacBook Air from Mac of All Trades, it has seen NOT EVEN A DROP OF WATER. This is what makes me mad. I order a refurbished MacBook, it starts to go sour while I'm using it, I send it back and get no response without calling in myself, and after waiting so long, I'm told that my MacBook has water damage. What a cop out for sending me a broken MacBook. NEVER BUYING HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!

This review was modified by wilsonanthony on February 24 2016 07:32:11 AM

2016-02-16

Terrible Experience

This review was modified by Lianslo on February 16 2016 12:12:41 AM

Share Mac of All Trades's store rating

Mac of All Trades is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Mac of All Trades is a merchant member
Mac of All Trades participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,442 merchant members.