• MacNeil Automot

Product & services pricing Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10

"I ordered 2 sets of the product for 2 different cars. I received one order and it didn't even come close to fitting either vehicle. Multiple attempts to contact them via email were unanswered. I tried to call but the wait time was atrocious and I wasn't going to hang on the phone for a couple of hours. My total bill was $517 so I disputed it with my credit card company. After the dispute, I did receive a response to one of my emails saying the problem could have been resolved had I called or written!!!! They were successful in reversing the dispute so I am hopeful the $517 they screwed me out of is worth it to them."

modified review This review was modified by atkinsonbk on March 05 2015 06:32:13 AM

"Buyer Beware Custom fit is so not true for all vehicles and they do not stand behind their products. Once they have your money its a wrap. Too much money for bs. I wish I could post pics. 2014 fleet lots of carpet exposure and compared to their videos online the ish ain't true at all. Does not fit like Advertised. save your moneymoney. Spend 20 on mats and don't let ppl eat and drink in your vehicle!"

modified review This review was modified by treviamccray on February 18 2015 02:07:53 PM

"This was by far the worst customer service I have ever received. Do not buy mats from this company. First, the woman that I was speaking to actually hung up on me, the customer, as I was speaking. Secondly, the mats themselves were poor quality and just seemed like thin plastic. Finally, return shipping was almost fifty dollars and the customer is responsible. I will not be buying from them again and I will let anyone I know not to as well. The only reason I am giving them one star is to give a review. "

modified review This review was modified by unhappycustom77 on January 12 2015 05:45:28 PM

"Horrible customer service. "Steve" hung up on me stating that "they were too busy to process my refund. The bump step I ordered did not fit my vehicle even after their website said it would fit. Horrible customer service."

modified review This review was modified by LBHound on January 06 2015 05:33:38 AM

"Bought a set of "Liners" that included the wall to wall rear mats. They were for a 2013 Silverado crew cab. They fit ok except at each door. The floor is higher than the sill and the mat stops about 1 1/2" short of making it to the sill as do the front mats. I contacted MacNeil and explained. Even sent numerous photos at their request. They said that the same fit as the front could not be done as it is too close to the door it's self. That's BS ! I am a mechanic with new vehicles and also know the "body" trade. I checked this out and there is plenty of room to extend the mat downward the outward so it overlaps the vehicle's sill as do the front mats. The did send me a new rear but upon opening it found it to be of same design. Buyer Beware The water etc collected on the rear mat will not exit the vehicle as the front do. It will drain onto the carpet in the area prior to the sill. Should be an easy fix if they really wanted to make it as advertised. "

modified review This review was modified by fuddelmer on December 01 2014 05:03:18 AM

"Very poor company to do business with.
I ordered F & R floor mats and F & R window vent deflectors for my 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander sport. Ordered on September 19th of 2013. they e-mailed be a receipt that claimed the items would be shipped in two days via FedEx.
After two weeks I called their very inept CS dept. and told them that the tracking numbers they provided me with do not exist! they then informed me that the floor mats would ship in two weeks and the air deflectors in three. Long story short, the items arrived on November 21st after numerous phone calls. I had to cut and trim the mats to make them fit. After only one winter, the black mats have turned a chalky white. They will not replace them even though they have a ten year warranty. One day this summer the rear air deflectors blew out the window, I pulled off and retrieved them from the highway. Called CS Dept, told them the adhesive lost it's stick. they proceeded to send me a gob of useless adhesive in a mailed envelope. I went to a local company got some adhesive tape that is better than their product.

"We ordered a set of mats for our 2003 Vibe way last December. As this car needed some detailing work, we just installed these mats last weekend. They didn't fit. The retention holes in the front didn't line up, the mats for the back seat were about one third too big to fit in the spot. The problem is these were a phone order and we weren't told at the time that this company made no mats or floor liners for this model and year car. They let us to believe these were custom fit for this car. Upon calling this morning to find out if I had ordered the mats for another of our cars, the C.S. woman was unsympathetic and unapologetic, downright rude and combative was more like it. I didn't really expect a refund at this late date, but this certainly could have been handled better. They should have told us at the time of order that they didn't have mats to fit our car. "

modified review This review was modified by depglass on August 19 2014 08:03:19 AM

"So my boyfriend ordered a full set of mats for my car. We did not receive them in the 7 to 10 business days like stated on the web site. He paid for 2 day shipping as well. After a couple of weeks went by and still no mats had arrived he called. They stated that the mats had to be custom made as they were not something that they kept in stock and it would take 4 to 6 weeks. Ok fine, 4 to 6 weeks go by and still nothing. Received an email notice that they were shipped via USPS 2 day mail. They never came, called them back and they stated that they would send out another set via FedEx. Its been another 2 weeks and still nothing! Does it really take 4 MONTHS to ship out some car mats? This is beyond ridiculous! Next time I'm going to the auto parts store for the cheap mats, judging from all the reviews the cheap ones are better anyways. Time to get the money back and NEVER EVER think about this company ever again! DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT purchase anything from this company! Worst customer service and business I have ever seen! This company proves exactly why Nothing is made in America anymore."

modified review This review was modified by awfulcompany on April 02 2014 09:43:57 AM

"DO NOT BUY WEATHERTECH! I purchased from their website and followed the instructions to buy precise floor mats for my husband for Christmas, but they WERE NOT PRECISE, even though I selected his exact make, model, year, and transmission type. They fit so poorly that they entirely covered the heater vents in the back of the vehicle. When he called customer service the woman told him that had his "wife called us we could have told her that they wouldn't fit. It was her fault for not calling us to check." We are returning them, but have to pay shipping BOTH ways. VERY BAD customer service. BUY SOMEWHERE ELSE."

modified review This review was modified by mrsbyoda on December 30 2013 02:46:27 PM

"We had rear cargo liner for a 2000 Lexus RX that fit quite well and has been great for the last 10+ years. So we ordered All-Weather Floor Mats for a very clean 2001 Nissan Pathfinder in tan. Quality good; color as shown on website; the fitment is not
consistent with the contours of the floor. I could have picked some up at the local auto parts, and been on par with what I received from MacNeil. Really! Save your $$ and shop at the local auto parts store. Not impressed and won't even bother trying to get a refund based on what I've read from others on this site, about the poor customer service. Hope this helps!

modified review This review was modified by BadBuster on December 04 2013 06:29:09 PM

"Do NOT - I repeat DO NOT order mats online. Speak to someone and be sure the mats you are ordering for your car are specific to your car. We ordered mats online for my wife's 1999 Chevy Cavalier convertible. They obviously did not have a mat for that car because they were much too large and barely fit through the door, let alone on the floor. They were so bulked up on the floor, the clutch and brake pedals could not be depressed. I spoke to a customer service rep and was told they selected a "universal" mat that was sized for that type of car. I received a return authorization number and was told I would have to pay for return shipping, even though the mats were grossly oversized and would not fit (and they claim to have mats sized for every car . That is a lie!!!)
I would not buy any product from Macneil again - their customer service policies will cost you dearly. We consider them unreliable and disreputable.

"these guys have awful customer service. their web site is confusing and indicates they have the side window deflectors for my car, which they don't. i found this out by ordering them. then the fun began as i tried to return them. first spoke with brittany, who seems to have flat out lied when she said they'd send a return label. it took 3 calls and a letter to the CEO, who didn't bother to answer to get the return label. don't buy from these guys."

"Rear window deflector fell out of window when my 9 year old daughter put window down ! Car following behind crushed it! Auto is fully equipped with WeatherTech accessories and all in tack except for this window ! Do you think these guys would step up to the plate and back up their product and replace the dam window deflector ? Absolutely not ! Poor customer service as far as I am concerned ! I would think twice before I supported this company again! Read all the reviews before you support these guys !"

"Ordered digital fit mats for my 2010 Tacoma because they are supposed to be a precise fit. The mats gapped at the transmission hump and kick panels - loosely fit. One inch gap at the kick panels both left and right sides. Sure do not fit my Tacoma as nicely as the WeatherTech online website photo shows. Quality of the material the mats are made of so far is very good. Other than a POOR FIT the mats serve their purpose very well.

"Rear mat required some cutting/modification by purchaser. Before my purchase I e-mailed their customer service twice asking specifically about this since my truck configuration was not specifically covered in their website. I never received a response to my question. I finally called and spoke to a customer service representative and asked specifically about the rear mat. For the F-150 there is an additional note on their website regarding an optional subwoofer, my truck does not have that but does have a factory installed 700w amplifier under the right rear passenger seat. This is where the cutting is apparently necessary. Their website does not state this at all however an information sheet I received in the box with the mats does mention "Some rear WeatherTech All-Weather mats are designed to be trimmed." The following is from their website under the 'Description' tab: "The WeatherTech® FloorLiner™DigitalFit®accurately and completely lines the interior carpet giving "absolute interior protection™"! Digital laser measurements of interior surfaces offer a consistently perfect fit!" And this is from the same tab under the heading "Over the Hump Floor Liner: Rear FloorLiner™DigitalFit® incorporates many of the same design features as the front FloorLiner™ DigitalFit®." Nowhere did I see anything about trimming/cutting. Additionally, the ‘Installation’ tab makes no mention of any possible trimming. For me, perfect fit does not mean trimming required. I'm not the brightest bulb in the box nor do I have the steady hands of a neurosurgeon so if I make a mistake and cut it wrong it's on me. FYI, Sheila from customer service did convince management to send me a shipping label to return the rear mat at no cost to me: Thank you Sheila."

Share MacNeil Automotive's store rating

MacNeil Automotive is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

MacNeil Automotive is not a merchant member
MacNeil Automotive does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!