• MacMall

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.78/10 2.78/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.26/10 3.26/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.53/10 1.53/10

What is this?

"Best service ever, quickest delivery ever. My new favorite store!!"

"I have ordered many things over the years from MacMall with great service from this company. My current order, about 2K worth of merchandise, has been put on backorder. Very odd when everything but one item showed "In Stock" when I placed the order. I am very disappointed in the way they are currently doing business. For a company that sells computer equipment to have their own data base not up to date, doesn't say much for their company."

modified review This review was modified by omnipotent1701 on February 20 2015 03:35:37 AM

"This place stinks to high heaven! I was looking for an Otterbox cover for an iPhone 6 Plus in a specific color. The web site indicated they were in stock, so I placed an order. MacMall verified the order, took my money and I didn't hear from them for a week. The shipping time was 3 days. I finally went back to the web site and lo and behold, the item was on back-order. No one from MacMall bother to notify me. Now, they've got my money and I do not have my Otterbox."

"Horrible experience. Web site horrible, no configurator, said usually has stock and ships within 48 hours, ordering horrible, no way to apply multiple cards, had to by phone, then nothing charged to cards, order fell silent, I noticed they didn't associate the order with my (online) account, status said backordered, did not give estimate for backorder. I had to call 7 times to find someone who said it's because they won't deliver to my address, because they don't deliver to PMB's (Postal Annex, which takes all types of mail and packages from all couriers, and has forever), because they fear theft inside the PMB place (they apparently never heard of insurance).

At key steps they failed to do responsible things, like tell me I would get an email confirmation. That's because they don't send one for all key steps.

I came here and found out it is a horrible store.

So I told them to cancel it. They said they will notate the account. They said nothing of any confirmation, so I asked, and she said I had to check the status online for its cancel status. Cancel status ???!??! Are you kidding me?! So I did and nothing had changed.

Well, I hightailed it to the Apple Store and dumped every dollar from my multiple cards into Apple Store gift cards, because I made up my mind and wanted to make sure MacMall wouldn't get a penny of my money. Then, I was able later to get enough for an order on Apple's website stores to place my order from the gift cards, which so far has been a very easy, straightforward and responsible process, with all the things I'd expect to happen happening. I'll see if this order works right.

modified review This review was modified by Bwa_aptos on February 03 2015 11:16:55 AM

"I ordered software on 1/21 and as of 2/2, I still did not receive it. I checked my tracking number and here it says it can't be delivered because it's damaged. It says it was damaged on 1/23 and the company said nothing to me. It has just been sitting at FEDEX. I would have never received my package if I didn't call. They said they would mail me another one but now it will be almost 3 weeks waiting for this software. What a horrible company, I will NEVER purchase from here again no matter the deal."

modified review This review was modified by kev5011 on February 02 2015 07:32:49 AM

"WORST experience! after ordered a MAcBook and waited for 5 days for its arrival, it never did. Instead I got an email saying my order was cancelled. Called customer service three times, everytime I got a different story as why my order was cancelled. Then they ask me to call next day to reinstate my order. SO I called next but they asked me to call their credit department and then their risk management department... after hours of waiting and talking they told me that my order didn't get through just because my billing and shipping address are not the same! and they finally say they couldn't do anything to help me. VERY, VERY, VERY FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE!!! WORST customer service! Even though I followed every step on their internet when I made my purchase and my credit card company'd authorized the transaction, I feel MacMall just makes unfounded assumptions that you're trying at fraud!!. Come on, this is not how you do business. At last I bought my MacBook from a Apple store and I'd never come back to MacMall again. The small discount they offer doesn't worth the time spent and hassle one has to go through. I wouldn't recommend this store to anyone. I do feel their business practice is unsavory, unpleasant, and hostile."

modified review This review was modified by Joyce9999 on January 30 2015 06:15:19 PM

ScottwBurns's Avatar
Seattle

"I first found out about MacMall through my son-in-law who knows EVERYTHING there is to know about Mac. At least to me anyway.
I ended up purchasing my iMac OS X through MacMall and have been raving about it to my friends ever since.

"The WORST, experience, I repeat the WORST online Experience EVER..DO NOT TRUST THIS COmpany.

They will not honor my rebate

"MacMall will not deliver a purchase to an address other than the billing address. This is not a customer-centered policy and is most inconvenient. I cancelled my order and was able to order direct from Apple, get an educator discount and have my gift delivered before Christmas. "

"It was a little cumbersome, I couldn't place an order on the site when I initially wanted to. After I was able to place the order, multiple customer service agents contacted me to verify my identity prior to shipping, one called after my package had been shipped and one called after it had arrived."

"Super easy, super fast and the best price"

"Seeing a lot of negative reviews here but my experience could not have been better. Ordered a new Ipad, and it was here 2-3 days later. "

"Great store, prices and delivery time. I will buy all my products here."

"If you have a day job, don't expect to ever receive your order if it is mailed to your house.

They do not allow you to pick up the package at Fedex, meaning after three attempts you are done for. The one star rating also reflects their poor customer service. I had to call Fedex, who sent me to MacMall, who sent me to Amazon Payments, who sent me back to MacMall to try to change the delivery options. Each of the three times I talked to MacMall customer service, I got a different story about what will happen to the package; they were utterly useless. Don't buy here, the hours on the phone is not worth the discount.

"WORST COMPANY EVER!! First and LAST order from MacMall! Did not ship on the day they promised. After days of inactivity on my order, I called to find out the order was on hold because the ship to address (my shop) was different from my home address!! I did not see how this should matter as I paid with PayPal and the Ship To address is my CONFIRMED PAYPAL SHIP TO ADDRESS. They agreed to release the shipment. I gave them direct instruction to ship using FedEx Ground or FedEx Express as my shop is a COMMERCIAL location and we have daily scheduled pickup/delivery service with FedEx, UPS, SAIA, Conway, YRC and Motor Cargo BUT THEY DID NOT LISTEN TO ME!!! They shipped it FedEx HOME Delivery!!! FREAKING HOME DELIVERY!!!!! So now it is Friday night, I am sitting in my office, I have missed the bank, no idea when they will actually show up or if they will even find my company if they are looking for a HOUSE!!1!1!!! Of course all of our SCHEDULED services have delivered today already. I cannot take the chance and let them leave a $2500.00 computer on the factory doorstep!!! Thanks MacMall YOU SUCK!!!!!"

Share MacMall's store rating

MacMall is a Merchant Member! Learn more

MacMall is a merchant member
MacMall participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,840 merchant members.