Write a review »
  • Rating 3.17/10 26 reviews

M&D Mower and Appliance is not a merchant member
    M&D Mower and Appliance does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • M&D Mower and Appliance contact information

"Very poor execution, likely a pre-Internet era company struggling with online order turnaround requirements. Customer service won't update you about the status of the order, except saying it could be anywhere between 5-10 days to ship, although this was supposedly an all "in-stock" order. Two weeks after ordering, I called and was told that it shipped four days ago -- from the tracking #, it is evident that the UPS shipping label created on the day I called. Will likely exceed 20 days from checkout to UPS delivery."

"Rude as heck! I called to ask a question and was told part was 10 times what online cost was. Never will do business with them! They need to be shut down just read the other reviews!!!! Do not order from these rude shiesters! I was treated like I was bothering the lady on the other end of the line because she actually had to do her job and look it up for me."

"I placed an order with M&D Mower and Appliance on July 31, 2012. M&D charged my credit card immediately, so I assumed the order was being filled and shipped. After not receiving the product for 7-10 days I called to check on the status of the order. I was told the product was back-ordered but that the order should be filled soon. I repeated this process 3-4 times over the next 5-6 weeks! On September 10th Rick finally told me there was not even an ETA for them receiving a part I ordered. I never received anything from this company. I told Rick to cancel the order and credit my credit card. As of today the credit still has not showed up online. When I called M&D again to request a credit they were hostile and told me they were going to charge me a re-stocking fee--for SOMETHING THEY NEVER SHIPPED!!! I'm a business owner. M&D breaks every concept of customer service I've ever heard of or used in my business. I will never use them again. A business wouldn't have as many complaints as this company has online without there being some serious issues with the company."

"Ordered an item based on the recommendation of a diagram on their website. The part didn't fit our machine ~ they realized this but refused to take back the part & refund our money. We will NEVER do business with them again and are contacting the Better Business Bureau! Thumbs down to M&D!!!"

"Company that hard to communicate with. Ordered parts for generator in Nov 2011 when we had ice storm. Receive parts only in April 2012. They charge money I can buy a brand new generator. Call them back – they refused to take these parts back.

"IT WORKS AS STATED AND THAT IS A WONDERFUL SURRPRIE. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK"

"I have ordered from M&D twice and have been completely satisfied both times."

"I have relied on M&D Mower since 2006 for all parts for my lawnmower, knowing I will get a high quality part at the best price. They have professional customer service reps to help each time I call in to place an order, and they always send my order out promptly. I highly recommend them for all of your appliance and parts needs!"

"Received my parts, fast and accurate as always!"

modified review This review was modified by jughead2 on October 22 2012 07:40:50 AM

"Canceled order after 4 days of waiting for them to ship out parts and was charged a 20% restocking fee for canceling. Initially I was told over phone all parts were in stock obviously they weren't. I would definitely avoid this site."

"good company, good shipping, wide variety of products. could not find product anywhere else."

"Wish I would have found these reviews prior to ordering a part from M and D Mower. I have the same complaint with the processing time as the other reviews, I placed an order on the 6th and it did not ship until the 12th. M and D website states they are opened on Saturday which makes 6 days of processing! WOW. Maybe we are just conditioned with larger companies getting orders out the next day? Just hard to imagine it will travel 1000 miles across the U.S. in three days but takes 6 days to walk to the back of the warehouse... GO FIGURE. Time waiting for the part is defiantly not worth the $1 I saved. In M and D's defense the part will arrive within 10 days, but I really thing they need to revised their 5 to 10 days statement. Like another post states kind of hard for something to arrive in 5 days if it is not shipped until the 6th day."

"Order a part for my nail gun and waited for 9 days for it, never to get it. When I call to see where it was, I was informed that the item was on back order and would take another 2-3 weeks to get it. I was never informed about this till I called them."

"Product mapping is incorrect. I verified with "Rick" of M&D that the McCulloch part maps 217869223975-33MTD 753-05128, however the part will not fit. The 753-05128 has is a 22mm shaft opening but is too small. I called MTD whom told me I must contact Dixie Sales Corp. The Dixie rep told me the 753-05128 doesn't map to the IPL # 217869 for a Mac 40002802. No one could tell me whom created the part mapping. "Dawn" at M&D told me they will charge 20% restocking even though I had to do all the leg work to determine the part was incorrectly mapped. Seems the 20% restocking fee is part of M&D's profit scheme and could not care less about satisfying customers. Personally, I will never use M&D again. You'd be best to avoid them too."

"STAY AWAY FROM THESE PEOPLE! The website information was wrong for the items I needed for my mower repair, and the customer service was rude when asked for assistance. They even directed me to contact the manufacturer for clarification about the parts! When told their info was wrong, they would not accept a return when it was their error. Do not give these people the time of day, they will say they have it in stock, then make you wait for weeks while they go get the items to send to you. This is perhaps why they don't want to allow returns when it's their error."