• Rating 5.83/10 125 reviews

MPsuperstore is not a merchant member
    MPsuperstore does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • MPsuperstore contact information

"I ordered an xl2 video camera, a tripod, an extra battery and a second day delivery, everything for $3520.00 I was suppose to get it on Friday the 28th, for all those whom might want an extra information the sales representative gave me his cellular number ( its been off since they close down but still it might help) (718) 404-2705.
HELP PLEASE!

"I ordered from here after reading SEVERAL reviews. I must say that they were all about the same scenario over and over again. However, I still purchased from them.

I saved screen shots of *everything* I saw on-line. Printed my receipt and the product description including the "box contents". I did call before I ordered and asked what was in the box and what shipped with the order (warranty, charger, etc). They did state that it was indeed in stock and their comments matched their web page and the OEM's (Sony) box contents.

2006-07-13 - Placed order on-line.
2006-07-13 - Received e-mail confirmation of my order. I paid via Visa and used the Visa Verify option.
2006-07-14 - Received a phone call stating they needed confirmation of my order. Hmm... this sounds familiar. Just like all the other postings here.
2006-07-15 - I called them back and all they said they needed was to verify my Zipcode and for some reason they didn't have my shipping zipcode. I said that it was the same as my billing zipcode that was e-mailed to me so I didn't understand why they didn't have it! Duh! Of course they asked if I needed anything else or any other accessories. I said no b/c I have another very similar camera and I am just upgrading so I will use my old accessories on the new camera. The sales person didn't say much after that and then stated my order should ship out soon. I did verify that it was in stock again before I hung up.
2006-07-16 - Receive e-mail confirmation that my order has shipped and it included a UPS tracking #.
2006-07-19 - Package delivered. Package and OEM box is as described with exactly everything I wanted.

They did have the absolute lowest price I could find (that was in stock). No sales tax. 2~3 day shipping at the lowest price. I even found a $10 off coupon on-line (paid for the shipping). Even though I knew my order would be delayed b/c of that stupid sales-callback thing they do, I am satisfied. It was a risk and I think I "beat the system". :)

I see that their web site states that they have gone out of business. Hmm.... Doesn't surprise me.

-Lee
Nashville, TN

"I ordered a $1123 LCD TV and after having to call them and after refusing to buy extra accessories they assured me that the order was gonna be ship on monday july 24th. I called again to get the tracking information and they told me that it was gonna be shipped for sure on july 25th. I called on july 26th and I got the famous message saying that they are now out of business.
PLEASE HELP!!! What can I do? Does Visa protects me against this kind of FRAUDS??

"I placed an order for a Canon PowerShot S2 IS through MPSuperstore on July 20th, and they charged my credit card for it on July 24th.

They tried to get me to buy extras in a subsequent phone call, but took "no" for an answer and said it would ship that day.

I tried to check the order status today, only to find that they had gone out of business. I sent them an email to the address listed on their "going out of business" page (which is apparently their entire website now) asking what was going on, but have received no reply.

I just called the company phone number listed on my receipt, and it just repeated the "going out of business" mantra, with no way to talk to anyone.

Does anyone have any other way to reach these bums?

"Ordered on 7/20. Was tortured on phone to buy
accessories on 7/20 evening. My credit card was
charged on 7/20 evening. The product has not
shipped until as of this writing(7/25 8am).
When I call..it takes a while for someone to
pickup..by mistake even if they pick up they put
me on hold and it takes a lot of time before some
one told me that my order is expected to be
shipped on 7/24. I am not sure what is still
instore for me on this order. I guess my best
bet is to place a dispute with the credit card
company.

Update on 7/26
Was told that the camera is on backorder...and
wanted to konw if I would like to cancel my
order and My credit card is already charged on
7/20.

Update 7/28
Was told that order has been cancelled and will
see the credit in 48 hours.

Finally, this episode came to end. Would never
even think of ordering again from this store.
I should have read through the reviews before
getting onto this.

modified review This review was modified by dealmaster on July 28 2006 07:45:20 AM

"Overall good, but should be more explicit about the fact that orders cannot be shipped to alternate addresses that aren't on credit card, although I do agree with the security measures they take. It did delay the order by 1 day."

"Wow! Beware! I have never had such a negative experience with an online store. I actually ended up canceling my order it was so bad! You'll feel like you're being ripped off. It started with them calling to "confirm my order" (this is really just a chance to pressure you to buy more). They leave a message making you think there's a problem. At this point, I asked to make sure that my order would arrive before the weekend (5 days away) because I was going out of town and ordered the camera for this purpose. I was told that it would. Only at the last minute when I called to find out why the camera hadn't arrived was I informed that it was on backorder but had just arrived that day. When I called back 3 business days later to see if the camera had shipped yet (after my weekend vacation was ruined), I found out that the camera was still on backorder!! I was continually lied to by this company and am very disappointed. What was worse, it took them almost a week to refund my money after cancelling my order!"

modified review This review was modified by pacetbird on August 07 2006 01:46:16 PM

"The company's site was good, the ordering was easy, and the information was good. My problem comes in that I needed the item shipped to a different address than the billing address of my credit card. They came back and said that I had to call my Bank to list that address with my card. Minor inconveniance VS Security, I'll take the inconveniance I guess."

"I like what they offered on their site and the simplicity of the site. They did try to sell me extra stuff and to be fair to them, I suppose that's why they are in business for... to make a profit. I just refused what they had to offer since nothing they offered appealed to me. They were nice about the whole thing so none of the above really bothered me and I got a good deal."

Rating 8/104/5

"I purchased a Palm TX from MPSuperstore for personal and business use. I chose this vendor because of the price and the fact that their ratings on another website weren't the highest, but they weren't low either.
I ordered my Palm with no complications, however their system of e-mailing you that you "must" call in to confirm your order seems like dishonesty in my opinion. What you are really calling in for (as many others have noted) is so they can try to get you to purchase extras to go with your item. Now, with me they didn't really offer too many things, and I only had to say no once and then they went ahead and submitted my order. However, I think it might be because I am a guy and I sounded like I knew what I was talking about. I have a feeling that they are looking to prey on those who aren't so tech-savvy. I had a friend that they offered alot of things to, and she declined them, however they STILL ended up sending her something extra and charging her for it. When she said she didn't want it they offered to discount the "extra item", and once she threatened to cancel her entire order they ended up letting her keep this extra for free (even though she didn't want it and probably won't use it) rather than having her return it to them.

Basically it seems like they have all this extra stock of stuff to unload, and they try to sell it to you first, and if you are smart enough to refuse paying for it, they let you keep it. It just seems a bit shady and I don't like business practices like that.

I got my order on time, and it was cheaper by about $10 dollars than anywhere else...

Next time I'll know to stick with my trusty companies like newegg, and take the extra 5 to 10 dollar hit because their shipping, customer service, and reliability is far superior.

"I placed the order online and received an email confirming the contents and price of my order. I received a second email indicating I must make a phone call to "confirm" my order and/or to "provide additional information." Upon calling in, a representative from the store proceeded to attempt to sell me additional software for my PDA as well as accessories. I repeatedly told him that I did not want to purchase anything additional; that I just wanted the PDA I indicated in my original order. The order arrived a day or two later than expected, which was bearable, BUT I opened the box to find that the store had sent a leather case with my PDA and had charged my credit card $30 for it. I did not authorize MPsuperstore to charge my card, and the store representative never told me over the phone that he was charging me an additional $30. I called into the customer service department and the same representative claimed I agreed to purchase the accessory and offered to give me a $10 credit. I had to be rather demanding and crass at which point they agreed to credit the full $30 to my account. I am satisfied since my credit card was refunded, but I do not appreciate the fact that they charged my card for an unauthorized purchase and then acted like it was my fault for the misunderstanding."

modified review This review was modified by rebel06 on July 04 2006 09:25:51 PM

"Good online store that has a wide-range of products with low prices and satisfactory shipping."

"I thought the website was ideal for shopping. I do wish the description went a bit mroe in detail about the item and how well its use. But besides that, everything else was PERFECT!!"

"I searched everywhere for the cheapest price. This is where I found it!!!! Thanks! (shipping is high though, but with the low price, it was still the BEST deal)"

"Have nothing but absolutely positive feedback. They are fast, safe, very competitive and most of all extremely user frendly. I will shop here again...maybe even this week."