• MDG Computers

Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.00/10 2.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.63/10 0.63/10

"be very carefull when dealing with MDG, there promotional item is not free. you can see your pricing rises and lowers depending on what you buy it rises that exact amount of what the promotional item price is, it a loop hole. I dealt with a guy named andre all he did was play games with me, I had an account and paid it off was going to reorder an item but they want your financial information deposits and withdrawals listed on your bank statement. information which is none of there business. At first he said he needed to make sure that I just didn't set up an account put 12 dollars in it and then never see me again, things changed as we went along, they needed to see everything. they charge you $45 per item to ship, far above what any courier would charge. STAY AWAY FROM THEM it isn't worth it."

"I was considering financing a laptop through MDG but it was looking like it would cost a fortune for what is not a great product to start with.
After reading these reviews, I opted to buy at The Source. Better unit, cheaper and no worries about service or being ripped off.

modified review This review was modified by RikVen on March 09 2015 06:01:21 AM

"very poor quality furniture. We purchased a sofa set that was over 1500.00 and when it arrived it was the worst quality I have ever seen . I called MDG and was told no problem we could switch it . Considering that the legs on the chair were all different sizes I had already lost a little faith that we were going to get anything decent. I dealt with a manager by the name of Josh and he explained that we would now be charged a delivery charge and a " restocking fee", what? restocking fee ? had you not sent garbage furniture we would not of had to send it back. Anyway, once again we figured we may as well give it a try so the next day we get a call saying that because of our credit limit with all of the charges they were applying we would have to chose a cheaper set. Okay then I guess we will have to. We went back online and because all of the other sets were actually more expensive we picked a seperate love seat/ couch which in total was about 400.00 less then the original set . next day another call from Josh saying that because they are considered two pieces there would be two processing fees, two shipping feees and whatever else is added on would be double as well so in fact the 400.00 lower price actual works out to be 800.00 MORE then the orignal one we had and the only way for an exchange would be to go from a 3 piece set down to a 1 piece set ( and of course it would be at the same price as the 3 piece) . After getting nowhere with Josh and explaining this was not really a fair option he said that would be all they would do , take it or leave it. I then asked to speak to someone higher and was told that he was the top of the line. by this time I was getting rather annoyed and stated that everyone has a boss and that I wanted to speak to his, he then hung up on me. In the end we sent the set back and cancelled the whole deal however even now that they have the furniture back they have been going in and taking payments out of our account which is costing a fortune in fees to continue to place stop payments. The service was terrible, the furniture was terrible and the price is terrible...go anywhere but MDG "

modified review This review was modified by kathyg76 on December 30 2014 10:19:39 AM

"Great site! So happy they are having a sale and the website is easy to use."

"They are crooks, I have paid over $2400 in 2 years and my recent statement says I owe over $2500 (that is over a $100 of my original order 2 years ago and I have not added anything else to that order). So my uncle who is a corporate lawyer will be filing papers with the court to sue them and have their business license suspended."

"very pleased with the costumer service. very quick application process"

"service rapide et courtois merci"

"It was easy doing business with them
The sales representative walk's you thru the whole process
And you are accepted within 10 seconds

"I never imagined doing business over the internet would be so easy. Items were received promptly and as advertised - what more could you ask for?"

modified review This review was modified by robjvan on October 22 2014 01:26:19 PM

"I am very happy with what I have been approved for and can not wait for our 50 inch tv to come in :) i found with this company you guys have way less payment plans then Aarons and easyhome :) so i am stoked to get another order in the future."

"My experience with MDG has been a good experience. The Representative that i had dealt with was good at explaining to me what i needed to do to complete my order"

"Great Service from Daisy!!!"

"The sales manager, Tom, at MDG Canada is a lier and since financing with them, I have found hidden fees and gotten no responses for support.

When I agreed to finance a TV with MDG, I asked Tom; "Do you report on a regular basis to the credit bureas?" He said "Yes".

I told him, that reporting this to the agencies to improve my credit was the ONLY reason I am doing this.

I have sent repeat emails and made calls and gotten no help. Even emailing Tom directly has gotten no response.

Their contract is also misleading. No were on my contract does it state 22% interest and an additional $9 billing period a month.

The TV itself is not even worth the principle finance amount, yet alone the interest and fees!

In six months, I have paid off only $200 of the $2100 cost at $94 a month!

Stay away from MDG, they will lie, mislead and pressure you into financing and then essentially ignore you.

"I initially had no issues at all with MDG. My computer arrived as it should, however the case was different than expected but I lived with it. The components were also loose and the front panel where the usb etc plug in is very loose and always pushes in when trying to plug something in.

My main issue is the way they just arbitrarily take money out of my bank account. I have formally requested several times to stop auto withdrawing out of my bank account. I had become under employed and with their payment bouncing and my bank charging me then MDG trying again it was costing me more then the payment was in the first place.

I advised them through email to send me a bill of what I owed as I expected to receive money and would make payments when I could but. They just kept trying to take money out. And now 10 days before they are supposed to they JUST took another payment. Just at random times.

This sub-par machine has cost more then it's worth. The customer service is so non-existent that its hard to even fathom how they stay in business. But I guess when you prey on the down-trodden you come out ahead.

With my new employment I could pay off the debt. And will. Why they insist on phone I will never know. They sell electronics ... its the digital age. I do all my communication online. However, tomorrow I am taking time out of my busy work schedule so I can tell them to send me a bill and cancel my account once again.

Do yourself a favour people, get you computer some place else. Look online, check kijiji. go to dell. Never ever trust MDG with your account information!!!

"I am A bit worried after reading everything that is written here i just signed a finance agreement with them i was approved and now that they took the first payment they are saying either i send them my other bank account statements or i have to pay 3 weekly payments before they will ship my laptop so i said lets cancel i can go else where he said he would give my something else to stay just send them my other back account i said why i am approved on the one i sent you but how can they ask for more when we agreed on one price and i was by-weekly not weekly so they want two months payment before they ship is this legal ???"

Share MDG Computers's store rating

MDG Computers is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

MDG Computers is not a merchant member
MDG Computers does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!