Stores > Lumber Liquidators

• Lumber Liquidat

2016-04-20

Horrible quality and customer service. Never, ever purchase from LL

"We purchased 1250 sq. ft. of wood flooring from LL approximately 16 months ago, to be installed in a home we just purchased - prior to us moving in. We received the flooring a week or so before move in, and brought into the house to get to room temp. The installers showed up a couple days later, unpacked the flooring - then called us to come over to show us the flooring and the many, many pieces that had extremely poor staining. They suggested not to install - but unfortunately due to the move in schedule (in 4 days), that was not possible.

When we tried to follow up with LL - via phone and email - about the problems, it was difficult getting any initial response. And when we did, they 'connected' us to a representative. After not hearing anything for at least month fro the representative, we tried again - but no luck.

After many months of similar lack of response - and us pushing - a response finally came back and basically told us 'too bad, you already installed, not our problem'.

Recently, we even sent an email to 'the desk of Tom Sullivan' (CEO) wondering if he cared about LLs reputation, having an ethical company who puts quality products and service as the highest priority (which also would retain repeat customers) - and just doing the right thing, you would not only correct our situation but your customer support situation. We received the same run around as before (you installed, our warrant states, not our problem) - except quicker this time.

Just a PS - the people at the Blaine, MN store were quality people and VERY helpful. It was your support and follow up process that was horrendous.

This review was modified by disgruntled55 on April 20 2016 03:23:57 PM

2016-04-12

DO NOT USE LUMBER LIQUIDATORS!!

"If I could have given these guys zero stars I would have. We went to look at low cost flooring in the showroom to see what it looks like in person and decided that it was not what we wanted. Since we were working with a budget we were going to wait on doing all hardwood flooring. Instead the salesman talked us into going with the next grade up, or so we thought. When we got it home it was exactly what we didn't want and looked just like the lower grade sample in the store. The higher grade sample on display in the store looked nothing like what we got. At least 30 % of the 1st box we opened was horrible. When I called the store the next day Chris the Manager said the salesman was up-selling us, but they refused to admit it was shady and if we wanted to return it we could, with a 20% restocking fee. So here we were stuck with flooring we would never put in our house. Chris the manager told my fiancé (when he called to try to reason with them, after I got nowhere) he could upgrade the flooring to the Select style for less than the restocking fee. We had to bring the original flooring 900 SQ FT back to the store. My feeling on this is that we were scammed, sold us bad flooring knowing we won't use it and then make us choose between spending another $800 on decent flooring or getting stiffed on 20% restock fee of $790. I contacted the back office and they refused to help us. DO NOT USE LUMBER LIQUIDATORS!!

This review was modified by Linda-C on April 12 2016 07:07:16 AM

2016-03-09

review from a contractor of 20yrs

"Very, extremely dissatisfied with LL!!! We purchased the flooring a year ago. We followed directions for acclimating the flooring. We installed the flooring. Within a month the floor had shrunk and needed to be backed up and tightened. We added 2 extra inches of flooring to make up the space. A year later it has shrunk at least another 1 1/2 inches. LL refuses to address the issue of continued shrinkage and insists it has to do with the installation. At this point we need to add even more flooring to make up the gap along the wall, We also have a couple of pieces that are about to pop out of the floor all together. LL will accept no responsibility for their faulty product.
As a contractor, I will never install a product from this company for one of my customers.

2015-10-08

"DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!! I bought the Mora cork flooring from Lumber Liquidators. I couldn't find a color I liked at any local flooring stores, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc... so went to Lumber Liquidators online and found what I wanted. At first all seemed well until they explained the guarantee out in the lot as we were loading the boxes. hmm, very difficult to return ANYTHING. Not good so far. Once we got home, every box had damaged pieces with slightly raised edges, so when laid, it has obvious seams and you can tell they're going to get damaged if you catch a shoe on them. Also the installer said it was all extremely difficult to install. Took him three times the normal amount of time it took him to install cork flooring from Home Depot due to the odd way that it locked together. The "reducer" that they recommended to match the flooring is not a good match, the color is "off". But the worst was YET TO COME. Cork flooring is supposed to be fantastic for a home with pets, but evidently not the crap that Lumber Liquidators is selling!! The flooring immediately scratched from the slightest thing. My dog's toe nails, shoe soles, etc!!! I looked in the scratches and the color is only surface deep! The Mora is very dark, which I liked, but directly under this tiny layer of dark is a very light cork color!!! So everything scratches it and scratches are VERY obvious. The installer said his cork floor from Home Depot doesn't show scratches like that!! DO NOT BUY FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS AND ESPECIALLY DO NOT BUY THEIR CORK PRODUCTS!! I know I am stuck with this floor for along time to come, it took all my savings to buy it and have it installed!"

2015-09-23

"This has been the worst company I have ever had to deal with. The flooring split even when installation and site requirements were maintained. I filed a complaint and they are doing everything that they can to blame it on me. (I have been remodeling the house since I purchased it, putting down flooring is substantially easier then many of the things that I've completed. I'm currently dealing with the BBB to try and hold Lumber Liquidators accountable. If nothing else this will be another thorn in their side because I'm not going away quietly.

If you're thinking about purchasing flooring here, I would reconsider. Pay the extra money where you will get a better product and the company will back the warranty.

This review was modified by cidoywear on September 23 2015 06:04:02 AM

2015-09-12

"DO NOT BUY FROM THEM AND TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS!!!!!!

I special ordered some oak flooring and it took a month. It arrived and about half way through the first box the wood was warped, all different widths and thickness and some were even chewed up. I told my contractor to do the best he could thinking I would deal with a refund later.

Well after 2 months of ignored email, and not returned voice mail calls, they sent me a copy of the instructions which in few small print says that if any wood is installed that is defective they will not pay for anything.

Be very aware of these shysters. My contractor had told me that they will find some reason not to pay and he was right. Big companies don't give a d***.I really want 0 stars.

This was my delusional review when I started the process:

I have been waiting a year to have a hardwood floor. I finally ordered the wood and it took 2 months acclimated in air conditioning and 40% humidity until my very qualified installer put it in. He struggled with it because the wood was broken, the widths were different sizes, almost all the pieces were warped so they had to be nailed from the top, and even one end was a different size than the other end. I have missed work just to have this C*** put in.

I am hoping that lumber liquidators will refund all my money and reinstall it and in the meantime I will have to deal with an ugly floor.

2015-09-12

"I went to the Rockville store in Maryland today 9/12/2015. I was so distraught with the way I was treated. Worst customer service I have ever received! By the way, don't try to take your concern to the manager, he is just as rude and uncaring. I will never do business with Lumber Liquidators again!"

2015-09-11

"Had I done my due diligence, I never would have walked into this store. Most of the comments I have read are spot on. I so regret not looking into the reputation of Lumber Liquidators. Their modus operandi is lie, steal, deny. First of all, we were oversold products - materials that were never used but the installer removed from our premises without our knowledge or permission. (The owner of the installation company did come by to inspect the job and did not see any flaws. We asked him to take with him the unused, unopened boxes and return them to Lumber Liquidators - we have requested a refund, but unless I sue I probably won't see those dollars.) I have reported this to the Better Business Bureau (the local BBB transferred the complaint to the BBB in Norfolk VA) and my state's attorney general. Five thousand dollars is a huge amount of money to me at my age and I will not let this go until Lumber Liquidators is liquidated and out of business. Oh - forgot to mention - I was expected to pay the entire labor amount up front - I paid half, the balance upon approval of the installation."

2015-08-13

"i bought hickory hardwood flooring from lumber liquidators for a new log cabin. I was very dissappointed with the product we bought. The wood pieces had defect marks on them as if they were seconds or rejects. I would not recommend them to anyone. The wood pieces started splitting before we got the entire floor laid. I called the store and they told me to file a complaint and tried to use every excuse in the book. I highly recommend you stay away from this store because they sell junk!!!!!!!!!!! Its a shame people go there for good quality flooring and end up with seconds. It is not fair to the customers. Never again will i buy from them."

This review was modified by minniejo on August 13 2015 04:40:52 PM

2015-08-10

"I am a home builder. I submitted my second claim for a floor that is gapping. I sent it in four times as they always said it has not been received. They of course denied this claim too. In fact, I was told not to file a 3rd claim as the result would be the same.
I would caution anyone from purchasing from Lumber Liquidators. The guys at the store are great to work with but the bottom line is, they don't stand behind their products.

This review was modified by joshhomes on August 10 2015 10:01:39 AM

2015-08-06

"I am furious on the delay the material I bought is arriving 1 month later. I called the store that the material will be delivered to and was informed that the product is expected to arrive on 8/23/2015. THAT IS 1 MONTH wait time! I am remodeling my house to move in and this is costing me 1 month of mortgage! If I knew that buying this product will cost me a month of mortgage, I much rather go to the store and pay a premium which would be cheaper than waiting a whole month for the material to arrive. WHAT kind of business does this. I truly regret my first and last experience shopping online at Lumber Liquidators. "

This review was modified by Easyfix on August 06 2015 02:44:30 PM

2015-06-10

"Hello. My wife and I went to Lumber Liquidators in Norwalk CT to buy Bamboo flooring for a Salon. The salesman, who was a very nice man, told us we didn't want Bamboo, we would be much better off with vinyl for what we were using it for, we still wanted Bamboo. My wife went back again a couple of weeks later to order, another salesman, pushing the vinyl also. They decided to give my wife the number for a installer so he could come out and look. Again, another really nice man. He tells my wife, she doesn't want Bamboo, I quote, "I've done many Salons, you definitely want vinyl." She finally agrees to take their advice. They show up just like they agreed. The guys were great and the job was complete in a day.

Here comes the trouble. Right away the floor starts getting scratched, within a week it's not good at all. We call the installer who does come out to look, he tells her he's never seen anything like that and the material must be defective, he says to put in a claim with LL. Well, they send someone out to look. A couple of weeks or so she gets an email more or less saying that it's not their fault, that people shouldn't be wearing certain shoes on the floor. Also they shouldn't be using carts either. The carts have hardly any weight them at all.

In other words, they don't want to know anything!! And this flooring was totally what they told her she needed for a salon. I feel really bad for her, she finally saved up enough money to get new floors and now this. Now, maybe two months later they look terrible for new flooring. Oh, and one of the planks are lifting already. We put cheap flooring down in the break room and dressing room from Home D. It's been down for over a year or two. Not a scratch!!! Thumbs down to Lumber Liquidators!! Now she's going to have to pay an attorney to get somewhere with them. We should have gone to a local reputable company that would have taken care of the problem. You think you're saving money but that's not always the case!! Thank you so much for listening everyone!!! We have pictures if anyone would like to see.

This review was modified by Bert1234567 on June 10 2015 02:38:49 PM

2015-06-10

"We purchased Americas Mission Olive 12mm laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators in December of 2014 and had it installed throughout our home (except bathrooms) in our new remodel. We chose this floor after speaking with their sales people who convinced us that this is a very durable floor, which would hold up great to pets and kids.

We had the floors installed by a professional and were very happy with the results... for about a month. That was when we started noticing the chips all over the floor and the bubbling along the edges of the the planks. If a drop of liquid came into contact with these floors, even if wiped up immediately, the surface of the product would start to peel away from the backing. And any time anything was dropped on the floor they would chip.

We were extremely disappointed because these floors had been sold to us as being extremely durable and multiple employees at the Albuquerque store told us that they would be great for a family with pets and kids.

We contacted their customer care line, sure that they would make this right since this was obviously a misrepresentation of the product they were selling. We figured that a company this large would have some pride in their products and stand behind what they sold. Unfortunately this has not been the case at all.

After jumping through hoops we were told to send them a box of our unopened flooring. We did this and a few days later we contacted with an Its not our fault letter. They said that they had done internal testing and that based off of the pictures we had sent them and their internal testing it was moisture damage. The funny thing is that we didnt even send pictures of the bubbling from moisture, we had just send pictures of the chipping. This showed us that they hadnt even bothered to review our claims before writing us off!!

After this, we requested to see the report on our floors from their internal tests and were told "there is no report, just a notation made on the file that the issues of concern are not manufacturing related. I don’t know what the inspection process is except for what I have already shared with you as this is done by a separate entity." ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? What reputable, ethical company runs internal testing and doesnt document it?

At this point we were very frustrated with the company because it is obvious that they have been giving us the run around. So after many more emails and calls (most of which were never even acknowledged) we were told they would send out a third party inspector. The inspector finally came and took some pictures and moisture readings and left without giving us any information.

We were contact by Lumber Liquidators a few days later with another not saying it is all moisture related and not their fault. However, their own warranty states that "Your Ispiri floor is warranted against finish wear from normal household conditions resulting in exposure of the paper layer". This is exactly what is happening in our home!

We have since asked multiple times to see a copy of the report by the third party inspector and have been ignored. We have also requested multiple times to speak with a supervisor, only to be ignored each time.

I would never recommend Lumber Liquidators to anyone. In fact, I will be doing just the opposite. For the amount of money we spent it would be nice it they would stand behind their product and make sure their customers were satisfied and that they were selling good quality product, but unfortunately this is not the case at all.

This review was modified by Wramos0511 on June 10 2015 07:31:34 AM

2015-06-02

"I was pleased with my recent order of flooring from the San Jose Blossom Hill store of Lumber Liquidators--the flooring is exactly what I wanted, and though it scratches more easily than I would like, the scratches have also proven to cover up extremely easily too. I was less pleased with the installation service I just used, on recommendation from the San Jose Blossom Hill Store. The job was subcontracted out to a third party of installers and was not supervised at all by either Lumber Liquidators or the original contractor who Lumber Liquidator recommended, and the subcontractors were not careful with the property at all, leaving every single window and door open and unlocked when they finished for the day, despite being carefully instructed about the importance of locking everything up for a variety of reasons. In addition, the team damaged doors and cabinets at the property, some of which had just been newly installed at significant trouble and expense. When advised of the problem, very little was done to correct the issue and the contractor never even asked to view the damage. The communication with the contractor and the team was also poor throughout the experience: the contractor did not schedule the work in advance but instead would advise you right before when the job was going to be done that the team would be there without asking for confirmation and if you did not confirm the communication even though it did not ask for confirmation they did not always show up as advised. Paperwork was handed to me to sign on the day that the job was started 30 minutes before the subcontractors were scheduled to arrive rather than in advance and then a second set of paperwork intended to limit Lumber Liquidator's liability was provided to me after the job was almost concluded, which when I said I was unable to sign at that point in time, was then discarded and I was directed at that point to just pay the contractor directly in order to circumvent the Lumber Liquidators paperwork. It would been nice if my concerns had been addressed to my satisfaction at that point in time, but they were not. Also, what is most frustrating is that I communicated to the contractor that I was about to have new doors installed, and I was never warned about how rough the subcontractors would be with any doors that were installed and how that job should be postponed until after the flooring install was completed. It would have been nice to have been warned in advance as to the poor care that his subcontractors would exhibit towards newly installed doors, because I could have easily postponed the installation until after the flooring was completed--I had no idea that they would remove every door in the house, stack them up on top of one another and on items that would put deep scratches on the full face of the door, and just generally treat them as if they were about to be discarded and not as if they were brand-new with stickers that had not yet been removed from the door. The flooring itself was installed satisfactorily for the most part, although I decided to stop the job for now at the stairs and the craftsmanship around the stairs was left looking less than professional. For about a month after the rest of the job was finished there was only padding at the foot of my stairs and nothing more, and though flooring was eventually put down there, it is still a bit unprofessional in the appearance of the top stairs. Overall, I would deal with the store again but I will be more cautious with flooring installation decisions going forward, as it is clear that you are a bit on your own as a consumer if you decide to deal with a flooring install service affiliated with Lumber Liquidators, and that you might be wise to be at the property supervising the work yourself, since no one else will be supervising it. "

This review was modified by Dawn0401 on June 02 2015 10:20:57 AM

2015-05-26

"Terrible customer service and bad product!! After having had my wood installed within in 6 months I noticed that "knots" in the wood began separating and sinking. I filed a claim per their requirements and was told that a representative would contact me w/in 24 hours to discuss. Their local store advised I had a good claim. After repeated follow up calls to get a status, I was never contacted. 2 months post claim and not being able to get ANY response, my claim was denied. They advised that I should have rejected the wood as defective even though there was no obvious defect (knots hadn't separated) when received and installed. TERRIBLE service and product. I'll be fighting this legally. "

This review was modified by Leslie013 on May 26 2015 01:19:55 PM

Share Lumber Liquidators's store rating

Lumber Liquidators is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Lumber Liquidators is not a merchant member
Lumber Liquidators does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!