Stores > Lumber Liquidators

Product & services pricing Rating 3.64/10 3.64/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.00/10 3.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!! I bought the Mora cork flooring from Lumber Liquidators. I couldn't find a color I liked at any local flooring stores, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc... so went to Lumber Liquidators online and found what I wanted. At first all seemed well until they explained the guarantee out in the lot as we were loading the boxes. hmm, very difficult to return ANYTHING. Not good so far. Once we got home, every box had damaged pieces with slightly raised edges, so when laid, it has obvious seams and you can tell they're going to get damaged if you catch a shoe on them. Also the installer said it was all extremely difficult to install. Took him three times the normal amount of time it took him to install cork flooring from Home Depot due to the odd way that it locked together. The "reducer" that they recommended to match the flooring is not a good match, the color is "off". But the worst was YET TO COME. Cork flooring is supposed to be fantastic for a home with pets, but evidently not the crap that Lumber Liquidators is selling!! The flooring immediately scratched from the slightest thing. My dog's toe nails, shoe soles, etc!!! I looked in the scratches and the color is only surface deep! The Mora is very dark, which I liked, but directly under this tiny layer of dark is a very light cork color!!! So everything scratches it and scratches are VERY obvious. The installer said his cork floor from Home Depot doesn't show scratches like that!! DO NOT BUY FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS AND ESPECIALLY DO NOT BUY THEIR CORK PRODUCTS!! I know I am stuck with this floor for along time to come, it took all my savings to buy it and have it installed!"

"This has been the worst company I have ever had to deal with. The flooring split even when installation and site requirements were maintained. I filed a complaint and they are doing everything that they can to blame it on me. (I have been remodeling the house since I purchased it, putting down flooring is substantially easier then many of the things that I've completed. I'm currently dealing with the BBB to try and hold Lumber Liquidators accountable. If nothing else this will be another thorn in their side because I'm not going away quietly.

If you're thinking about purchasing flooring here, I would reconsider. Pay the extra money where you will get a better product and the company will back the warranty.

This review was modified by cidoywear on September 23 2015 06:04:02 AM

I special ordered some oak flooring and it took a month. It arrived and about half way through the first box the wood was warped, all different widths and thickness and some were even chewed up. I told my contractor to do the best he could thinking I would deal with a refund later.

Well after 2 months of ignored email, and not returned voice mail calls, they sent me a copy of the instructions which in few small print says that if any wood is installed that is defective they will not pay for anything.

Be very aware of these shysters. My contractor had told me that they will find some reason not to pay and he was right. Big companies don't give a d***.I really want 0 stars.

This was my delusional review when I started the process:

I have been waiting a year to have a hardwood floor. I finally ordered the wood and it took 2 months acclimated in air conditioning and 40% humidity until my very qualified installer put it in. He struggled with it because the wood was broken, the widths were different sizes, almost all the pieces were warped so they had to be nailed from the top, and even one end was a different size than the other end. I have missed work just to have this C*** put in.

I am hoping that lumber liquidators will refund all my money and reinstall it and in the meantime I will have to deal with an ugly floor.

"I went to the Rockville store in Maryland today 9/12/2015. I was so distraught with the way I was treated. Worst customer service I have ever received! By the way, don't try to take your concern to the manager, he is just as rude and uncaring. I will never do business with Lumber Liquidators again!"

"Had I done my due diligence, I never would have walked into this store. Most of the comments I have read are spot on. I so regret not looking into the reputation of Lumber Liquidators. Their modus operandi is lie, steal, deny. First of all, we were oversold products - materials that were never used but the installer removed from our premises without our knowledge or permission. (The owner of the installation company did come by to inspect the job and did not see any flaws. We asked him to take with him the unused, unopened boxes and return them to Lumber Liquidators - we have requested a refund, but unless I sue I probably won't see those dollars.) I have reported this to the Better Business Bureau (the local BBB transferred the complaint to the BBB in Norfolk VA) and my state's attorney general. Five thousand dollars is a huge amount of money to me at my age and I will not let this go until Lumber Liquidators is liquidated and out of business. Oh - forgot to mention - I was expected to pay the entire labor amount up front - I paid half, the balance upon approval of the installation."

"i bought hickory hardwood flooring from lumber liquidators for a new log cabin. I was very dissappointed with the product we bought. The wood pieces had defect marks on them as if they were seconds or rejects. I would not recommend them to anyone. The wood pieces started splitting before we got the entire floor laid. I called the store and they told me to file a complaint and tried to use every excuse in the book. I highly recommend you stay away from this store because they sell junk!!!!!!!!!!! Its a shame people go there for good quality flooring and end up with seconds. It is not fair to the customers. Never again will i buy from them."

This review was modified by minniejo on August 13 2015 04:40:52 PM

"I am a home builder. I submitted my second claim for a floor that is gapping. I sent it in four times as they always said it has not been received. They of course denied this claim too. In fact, I was told not to file a 3rd claim as the result would be the same.
I would caution anyone from purchasing from Lumber Liquidators. The guys at the store are great to work with but the bottom line is, they don't stand behind their products.

This review was modified by joshhomes on August 10 2015 10:01:39 AM

"I am furious on the delay the material I bought is arriving 1 month later. I called the store that the material will be delivered to and was informed that the product is expected to arrive on 8/23/2015. THAT IS 1 MONTH wait time! I am remodeling my house to move in and this is costing me 1 month of mortgage! If I knew that buying this product will cost me a month of mortgage, I much rather go to the store and pay a premium which would be cheaper than waiting a whole month for the material to arrive. WHAT kind of business does this. I truly regret my first and last experience shopping online at Lumber Liquidators. "

This review was modified by Easyfix on August 06 2015 02:44:30 PM

"Hello. My wife and I went to Lumber Liquidators in Norwalk CT to buy Bamboo flooring for a Salon. The salesman, who was a very nice man, told us we didn't want Bamboo, we would be much better off with vinyl for what we were using it for, we still wanted Bamboo. My wife went back again a couple of weeks later to order, another salesman, pushing the vinyl also. They decided to give my wife the number for a installer so he could come out and look. Again, another really nice man. He tells my wife, she doesn't want Bamboo, I quote, "I've done many Salons, you definitely want vinyl." She finally agrees to take their advice. They show up just like they agreed. The guys were great and the job was complete in a day.

Here comes the trouble. Right away the floor starts getting scratched, within a week it's not good at all. We call the installer who does come out to look, he tells her he's never seen anything like that and the material must be defective, he says to put in a claim with LL. Well, they send someone out to look. A couple of weeks or so she gets an email more or less saying that it's not their fault, that people shouldn't be wearing certain shoes on the floor. Also they shouldn't be using carts either. The carts have hardly any weight them at all.

In other words, they don't want to know anything!! And this flooring was totally what they told her she needed for a salon. I feel really bad for her, she finally saved up enough money to get new floors and now this. Now, maybe two months later they look terrible for new flooring. Oh, and one of the planks are lifting already. We put cheap flooring down in the break room and dressing room from Home D. It's been down for over a year or two. Not a scratch!!! Thumbs down to Lumber Liquidators!! Now she's going to have to pay an attorney to get somewhere with them. We should have gone to a local reputable company that would have taken care of the problem. You think you're saving money but that's not always the case!! Thank you so much for listening everyone!!! We have pictures if anyone would like to see.

This review was modified by Bert1234567 on June 10 2015 02:38:49 PM

"We purchased Americas Mission Olive 12mm laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators in December of 2014 and had it installed throughout our home (except bathrooms) in our new remodel. We chose this floor after speaking with their sales people who convinced us that this is a very durable floor, which would hold up great to pets and kids.

We had the floors installed by a professional and were very happy with the results... for about a month. That was when we started noticing the chips all over the floor and the bubbling along the edges of the the planks. If a drop of liquid came into contact with these floors, even if wiped up immediately, the surface of the product would start to peel away from the backing. And any time anything was dropped on the floor they would chip.

We were extremely disappointed because these floors had been sold to us as being extremely durable and multiple employees at the Albuquerque store told us that they would be great for a family with pets and kids.

We contacted their customer care line, sure that they would make this right since this was obviously a misrepresentation of the product they were selling. We figured that a company this large would have some pride in their products and stand behind what they sold. Unfortunately this has not been the case at all.

After jumping through hoops we were told to send them a box of our unopened flooring. We did this and a few days later we contacted with an Its not our fault letter. They said that they had done internal testing and that based off of the pictures we had sent them and their internal testing it was moisture damage. The funny thing is that we didnt even send pictures of the bubbling from moisture, we had just send pictures of the chipping. This showed us that they hadnt even bothered to review our claims before writing us off!!

After this, we requested to see the report on our floors from their internal tests and were told "there is no report, just a notation made on the file that the issues of concern are not manufacturing related. I don’t know what the inspection process is except for what I have already shared with you as this is done by a separate entity." ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? What reputable, ethical company runs internal testing and doesnt document it?

At this point we were very frustrated with the company because it is obvious that they have been giving us the run around. So after many more emails and calls (most of which were never even acknowledged) we were told they would send out a third party inspector. The inspector finally came and took some pictures and moisture readings and left without giving us any information.

We were contact by Lumber Liquidators a few days later with another not saying it is all moisture related and not their fault. However, their own warranty states that "Your Ispiri floor is warranted against finish wear from normal household conditions resulting in exposure of the paper layer". This is exactly what is happening in our home!

We have since asked multiple times to see a copy of the report by the third party inspector and have been ignored. We have also requested multiple times to speak with a supervisor, only to be ignored each time.

I would never recommend Lumber Liquidators to anyone. In fact, I will be doing just the opposite. For the amount of money we spent it would be nice it they would stand behind their product and make sure their customers were satisfied and that they were selling good quality product, but unfortunately this is not the case at all.

This review was modified by Wramos0511 on June 10 2015 07:31:34 AM

"I was pleased with my recent order of flooring from the San Jose Blossom Hill store of Lumber Liquidators--the flooring is exactly what I wanted, and though it scratches more easily than I would like, the scratches have also proven to cover up extremely easily too. I was less pleased with the installation service I just used, on recommendation from the San Jose Blossom Hill Store. The job was subcontracted out to a third party of installers and was not supervised at all by either Lumber Liquidators or the original contractor who Lumber Liquidator recommended, and the subcontractors were not careful with the property at all, leaving every single window and door open and unlocked when they finished for the day, despite being carefully instructed about the importance of locking everything up for a variety of reasons. In addition, the team damaged doors and cabinets at the property, some of which had just been newly installed at significant trouble and expense. When advised of the problem, very little was done to correct the issue and the contractor never even asked to view the damage. The communication with the contractor and the team was also poor throughout the experience: the contractor did not schedule the work in advance but instead would advise you right before when the job was going to be done that the team would be there without asking for confirmation and if you did not confirm the communication even though it did not ask for confirmation they did not always show up as advised. Paperwork was handed to me to sign on the day that the job was started 30 minutes before the subcontractors were scheduled to arrive rather than in advance and then a second set of paperwork intended to limit Lumber Liquidator's liability was provided to me after the job was almost concluded, which when I said I was unable to sign at that point in time, was then discarded and I was directed at that point to just pay the contractor directly in order to circumvent the Lumber Liquidators paperwork. It would been nice if my concerns had been addressed to my satisfaction at that point in time, but they were not. Also, what is most frustrating is that I communicated to the contractor that I was about to have new doors installed, and I was never warned about how rough the subcontractors would be with any doors that were installed and how that job should be postponed until after the flooring install was completed. It would have been nice to have been warned in advance as to the poor care that his subcontractors would exhibit towards newly installed doors, because I could have easily postponed the installation until after the flooring was completed--I had no idea that they would remove every door in the house, stack them up on top of one another and on items that would put deep scratches on the full face of the door, and just generally treat them as if they were about to be discarded and not as if they were brand-new with stickers that had not yet been removed from the door. The flooring itself was installed satisfactorily for the most part, although I decided to stop the job for now at the stairs and the craftsmanship around the stairs was left looking less than professional. For about a month after the rest of the job was finished there was only padding at the foot of my stairs and nothing more, and though flooring was eventually put down there, it is still a bit unprofessional in the appearance of the top stairs. Overall, I would deal with the store again but I will be more cautious with flooring installation decisions going forward, as it is clear that you are a bit on your own as a consumer if you decide to deal with a flooring install service affiliated with Lumber Liquidators, and that you might be wise to be at the property supervising the work yourself, since no one else will be supervising it. "

This review was modified by Dawn0401 on June 02 2015 10:20:57 AM

"Terrible customer service and bad product!! After having had my wood installed within in 6 months I noticed that "knots" in the wood began separating and sinking. I filed a claim per their requirements and was told that a representative would contact me w/in 24 hours to discuss. Their local store advised I had a good claim. After repeated follow up calls to get a status, I was never contacted. 2 months post claim and not being able to get ANY response, my claim was denied. They advised that I should have rejected the wood as defective even though there was no obvious defect (knots hadn't separated) when received and installed. TERRIBLE service and product. I'll be fighting this legally. "

This review was modified by Leslie013 on May 26 2015 01:19:55 PM

"Do NOT let Lumber Liquidators install what they sell. They absolutely do not stand behind their installations. I have Tranquility Resilient tiles sliding under my dishwasher leaving a one inch gape in front on my island. This is for a floor I am still paying for and under a one year warranty. I have been calling and filling a complaint since March 30, 2015 and I have not had the courtesy of one return call. I have called the person assigned to our complaint Kerry, six times, her boss, Matthew, twice, Theresa once, Shenika once and Terry once all at Lumber Liquidators Main office and left 8 voice mails and never once gotten a response. I have also called Darrel Meece the Assistant Manager at the Redford store once where I ordered our flooring from back in Aug, 2014 ( It was back ordered until October 8, 2014.)and I did receive i response from him either. This makes for a very unsanitary floor with a channel in the triangle between the sink, prep and stove."

This review was modified by KannS on May 09 2015 08:29:55 AM

"I wish I had seen this website before buying flooring from LL. Like most reviews here (funny that some are positive so these must be fake) I had a horrible experience with LL. Their floors are not as described, do not last, warp and like everyone else here they will blame the consumer and warranty voided. They will go to extremes to take avoid taking any responsibility. I am glad that finally their practices are coming back to hunt them with the whole illegal with products from China. I just hope that my health issues are not related to this floor. I urge you all to file a complaint with the BBB and your Attorney General. "

This review was modified by llsucks on May 08 2015 10:05:59 AM

"Two years ago we ordered Morning Star bamboo flooring for our home from Lumber Liquidators After the fourth week of acclimation we began to install our flooring (in late June). In August we went on vacation to return to floors that had shrunk from the quarter round by about 1/2 of an inch. My husband and I discussed the issue and decided that we would add extra molding between the baseboard and the quarter round this would add close to 3/4 of an inch for coverage. We thought surely there is no way the flooring would shrink beyond that point. We shopped for a solution finally we added a piece of chair rail (about1/2 of an inch in thickness) against the baseboard then added the quarter round which cover any shrinkage. We also added extra pieces of the flooring under the door frames to cover the areas of shrinkage It has yet again shrunk so much so that now there about a 1/4 of an inch gap due to shrinkage from the edge of the flooring to the quarter round. We contacted our local Lumber Liquidators store to be directed to the warranty department. Photos were sent with a explanation of how we tried to repair/cover the shrinkage prior to submitting a complaint. We were told gaps are to be expected. Also they implied that our room size was too large not to have a t molding piece in the middle. This problem is not an instillation issue, it is 100% a product issue. This company was quick to sell their product by using the warranty, but don't you dare mention warranty when you are having a problem. Of course your warranty doesn't cover that. With all that being said morning star bamboo floors are beautiful in looks but suck in quality. Lumber Liquidators doesn't stand behind their products. I would never recommend this company for the purchase of anything. Saving a few dollars up front will surely catch up with you in the end. Do not do business with this company!"

This review was modified by Jenwil2515 on March 21 2015 09:10:24 AM

Share Lumber Liquidators's store rating

Lumber Liquidators is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Lumber Liquidators is not a merchant member
Lumber Liquidators does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!