• Lumber Liquidat

Product & services pricing Rating 4.04/10 4.04/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.07/10 1.07/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.79/10 1.79/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.23/10 0.23/10

"Two years ago we ordered Morning Star bamboo flooring for our home from Lumber Liquidators After the fourth week of acclimation we began to install our flooring (in late June). In August we went on vacation to return to floors that had shrunk from the quarter round by about 1/2 of an inch. My husband and I discussed the issue and decided that we would add extra molding between the baseboard and the quarter round this would add close to 3/4 of an inch for coverage. We thought surely there is no way the flooring would shrink beyond that point. We shopped for a solution finally we added a piece of chair rail (about1/2 of an inch in thickness) against the baseboard then added the quarter round which cover any shrinkage. We also added extra pieces of the flooring under the door frames to cover the areas of shrinkage It has yet again shrunk so much so that now there about a 1/4 of an inch gap due to shrinkage from the edge of the flooring to the quarter round. We contacted our local Lumber Liquidators store to be directed to the warranty department. Photos were sent with a explanation of how we tried to repair/cover the shrinkage prior to submitting a complaint. We were told gaps are to be expected. Also they implied that our room size was too large not to have a t molding piece in the middle. This problem is not an instillation issue, it is 100% a product issue. This company was quick to sell their product by using the warranty, but don't you dare mention warranty when you are having a problem. Of course your warranty doesn't cover that. With all that being said morning star bamboo floors are beautiful in looks but suck in quality. Lumber Liquidators doesn't stand behind their products. I would never recommend this company for the purchase of anything. Saving a few dollars up front will surely catch up with you in the end. Do not do business with this company!"

modified review This review was modified by Jenwil2515 on March 21 2015 09:10:24 AM

"75% of installed product from Lumber Liquidators is Defective!
• July 29, 2014; we bought hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators in Mississauga (Ontario, Canada) the brand is ( Golden Teak Acacia Hardwood 3/4'”) with 30-year warranty, we based our decision to purchase the hardwood on certain samples at retail store showroom, which we examined before committing ourselves to the purchase.

• After acclimated the product at our house for more than 5 months and used a moisture barrier, which they are selling to keep our warranty valid. We also followed all manufacturer regulations and recommendations.
Unfortunately, during installation and reached of 85% of the process, we noticed there were some defecates mostly at the ends of the boards, which is more than the expected 5% range that our invoice mentioned when we bout the flooring.

• Jan 2015; We informed LL about the flooring issue and filled disclosure forms, the store manager came out to the site to view the floor and he requested to get everything on hold, acknowledged there was a defect (in this patch) of product, and the arrangements were made to ship samples and box of unopened material to the head office in Virginia, USA for inspection.

• LL’s acts of fraudulent concealment, using improper warranty tactics and commissioning sham inspection from INSPECT SOLUTIONS to our flooring in response to complaints in order to "mislead consumers into believing that the defect could be traced to shoddy installation," and to exonerate Lumber Liquidators from any responsibility.

• LL markets and warrants that the Product is durable and further markets and warrants that the Product has a thirty (30) year warranty. LL provided a reasonable expectation to consumers and the industry that the Product would have a usable lifetime of at least thirty (30) years. The Product’s various modes of failure potentially cause damage to other building components and render the Product susceptible to premature failure.

• LL did not honor its warranty and denial our claim. It's amazing to us that a company is so adamant about taking no responsibility for such a poor product (75% defect) which is marketed to be "durable" with 30 years warranty, but it seems there is no quality control had been done at all for this product before wrapping and delivery.

• We had to hire 3rd party independent inspector licensed by National Wood and Flooring Association ( NWFA), he mentioned the mill actually attempted to fuse cracks with glue and then fill them with putty, the manufacturer did this intentionally.His conclusion is (Manufacturing Defects).

• LL has been notified of its breach of written warranties and has failed to adequately cure those breaches. As a direct and proximate result of Defendant’s breaches of its written warranties, engaged in unlawful business practices in that Defendant represented, through its advertising, warranties and other express representations that the Product had characteristics it did not actually have. We are requiring LL to compensation for financial losses associated with the purchase of the flooring. These losses include:
• Installation costs
• Removal costs
• Loss of use
• Diminished property value
• Remediation costs

modified review This review was modified by mascanada on March 19 2015 11:16:22 AM

"Never buy from Lumber Liquidators but if you do please understand they stand behind their "Terms and Conditions" and NOT their product. If you have found this review before purchasing please consider yourself lucky, like "hitting the lottery for whatever you were about to pay for your floor" kind of lucky. Don't take my word for it, DO YOUR HOMEWORK and search review boards before purchasing so you can make a good decision. We purchased Morning Star Handscraped Strand Anji Bamboo from Brian the General Manager and had a professional installer put it in, well at least we had him start putting it in. We started noticing problems on day 3 of the installation, the floor that was super squeaky and parts of the floor had separated from the 1st day's batch. On day 2 and 3 we had a big rain so the air was humid and we started investigating things. That's when we found out the horrible decision we had made buying from LL. After searching we found complaint after complaint and then class action lawsuits against LL on the exact product Brian sold us. We even tried to return the portion of the floor still in the box, once again LL stood behind their "policy" not their product and deferred to customer service. If only we had read the reviews first I would have run the other direction."

modified review This review was modified by adamohio15 on March 11 2015 05:52:00 PM

"I wish I had read all of these reviews before I purchased flooring at Lumber Liquidators. My family purchased and installed the Tranquility vinyl plank flooring three times. The first two installations have performed well, but the third one began to gap soon after installation. We took it up and re-installed it, but it gapped again in the same places. I went through talking to my local store, contacting customer care, filling out paperwork and emailing pictures only to get the same form letter mentioned in many other reviews. Even though this product has a 50 year warranty, LL will evidently always blame the installation or the environment, and never even consider that the product could be defective. I read through the reviews of this product on the LL website and saw seven other reviews describing the same problem. Since my purchase was less than $500, hiring a lawyer is not cost-effective. I will not purchase flooring from them again, and I will go out of my way to let others know about their poor quality products and failure to stand behind their warranty."

modified review This review was modified by ellandlord on February 20 2015 06:31:45 PM

"Well I put a laminate floor in on a continuous run in 3 rooms of my home. About 1 year later we had 3 boards that started to swell around the edges. One of the boards that swelled is adjacent to another that is still fine. We called LL customer service and filed a claim. Long story short it was an awful experience. They did not send any representative out to look at the floor. They basically asked us a million questions just looking for a way to not be responsible for the 3 boards.

So even though my floor was professionally installed, no water sources around, 1st floor with full basement underneath, The rest of the floor is cleaned in the same manner every time, I keep 30% humidity in that area all year round with humidity gauges present, no pets, no small kids, no water leaks anywhere as the rest of the floor is perfect......are you starting to see a pattern here? The problem is not the 3 boards, I have extra, its just that I have to pay the contractor to replace those 3 boards which will take some work. They basically sent me back a letter to inform me after waiting many months, that humidity in my home caused it, I can hire their inspector at my expense, use your own extra flooring for the repair...etc...etc. My contractor believes that because these floors are made under such high pressure that these boards somehow are defective form the beginning , and are now swelling up. As I said one board along a bad one is still perfect so it proves water did not get in there otherwise both sides would be bad. If normal humidity conditions were causing it to swell, then the product is not quality at all and should not be sold in humid climates.

The gal that was the customer service rep (Maria R) sounded like she was 13. She giggled during the entire interview and was clearly reading from a prepared question list and had to correct herself many time...with a giggle of course. There was not professional interaction at all. I knew more about flooring that she did by far. I will never buy another product for LL ever again. The least they could have done was to send me another box of product for my trouble. From now on I will use Lowes or Home Dept for my flooring as I know they stand behind their services from hearing others talk about it. LL is a disgrace, and couldn't even take the time or concern to help with with this matter. We love the floor so much and were devastated when this imperfection showed up. Its right in the middle of the kitchen to where is most visible.

Somehow i felt through this entire process they would give me the standard rejection political answer, which basically says your new floor is SOL and it will cost YOU money if you choose to proceed. I mean 1 box of product and a suggestion of how to fix it would have been the least they could have done. Maybe then they would have had a customer for life.

modified review This review was modified by nascarlurg2000 on January 31 2015 12:33:00 PM

"I ordered with Lumber Liquidators 12/17/2014..it is now 1/28/15 and the flooring has not arrived. I have called 3 times and was told 3 different dates, one was today so I called back and they said 2/1/15 but that is only an estimate. This place is a joke. The flooring we ordered was at such a great price Im having anxiety about the quality of the product with all we have been through so far. Not worth the hassle and WAIT. Go somewhere else!!!!"

modified review This review was modified by tammywhitfield on January 31 2015 02:28:18 AM

"I purchased almost 1100 sq ft of brazillian pecan solid flooring from the Colorado Springs store. The service and follow up I have received from the staff there has been outstanding. They always follow up on their promises and all product was delivered on time. My main sales associate was Matt, and he has been a big help giving advice on the install which I will do myself. Others in the store; Caleb, Dakota and Mike have also been quite helpful to me. I am in the process of aclimation, so I will wrie another review after I install the product."

modified review This review was modified by runconian on January 21 2015 04:37:10 PM

"BUYER BEWARE!! I bought $2400 worth of flooring from LL in Holly Hills, FL . I was told the delivery would be $125. Later that day Jim the salesman called to say the delivery would be $200. He also promised that the delivery company (a private contractor) would place the boxes INSIDE MY HOME so they could acclimate. The delivery driver arrived and place the flooring in my garage and explained the do not place it in the house and that Lumber Liquidators FREQUENTLY lie to their customers about this issue. Thanks Jim. Now instead of going for my morning walk I can get my workout in moving boxes. I really don't appreciate being lied to."

modified review This review was modified by wjwjawpbwahw on January 15 2015 07:56:04 AM

"My grandparents ordered their flooring from Lumber Liquidators and received different sizes of stair noses and thresholds compared to the flooring. When we went to the store in Albuquerque, New Mexico we were told that the material was not checked before it was delivered and that we could get two correct sized stair noses today. However, we would have to wait till Wednesday at the earliest for the the other pieces. My family has taken time off of work and come in after work to put in the floors and now we have to wait even longer to put it in because Lumber Liquidators made a mistake. I called the customer service number and they did not seem to care. The most they are doing is shipping the the pieces they messed up on for free. How is it free if my grandparents already paid for the shipping once? Do not purchase your flooring from Lumber Liquidators!!! They boast lower prices, but what they do not mention is the time they will take from you due to their mistakes and the extra money it will cost to fix those mistakes. Please take my advice and use it well. "

modified review This review was modified by KQH12 on January 02 2015 11:28:50 AM

"To Lumber"Idiot"Liquidators I hate this place! They are very nasty and rude. Do not ever shop at the store here in Columbia South Carolina 4068-A Fernandina Rd Columbia SC (803) 753-1767. Firstly we had to drive several miles to it. Then the young lady and the manager were very rude to us. Even after we paid all our money. We since thrown out all the "junk" we got from them. Now they keep sending us flyers. Which we throw in the trash can!!! But they keep send ing the flyers they claim are from their corporate office! I have asked them to stop sending this junk to me at 322 Traditions Circle Columbia SC!!! So now I hope I embarrass them here and their corporate office so they will leave us alone! Do you copy that Lumber "idiot" liquidator!!! Clean the potatoes out ya ears!(PS: I am not sure of the 1st or last time we had contact with this business. I am sure it was last year 2013 but I also threw away all my bills, their paperwork and the like just word of warning don't do business with them especially if you are a veteran!) Thanks "

modified review This review was modified by Bigudubsarge2015 on December 28 2014 10:52:07 AM

"Ordered tools online for home delivery. After waiting three weeks emailed and was told they were ready for pickup in Las Vegas. I live in Washington. Emailed again and told them to deliver or refund the order. After 5 weeks opened a cc dispute.

Stay far away.

"I wish I researched lumber liquidators before ordering from them. I will never deal with them again. First, my in store sales man lied to me and said I wouldn't be able to get there grade of flooring l wanted for 6 months and so I'd have to get the next grade up for a dollar more per sqft. I declined. When I got home I looked online to discover it was in fact readily available. This should have tipped me off that they're bad people and a bad company. I ordered my floors, let them acclimate, and installed them properly. They buckled and cupped like you wouldn't believe shortly after. Lumber liquidators told me tough luck and they only warranty the finish. I'm a carpenter with over 20 years experience and I've never seen wood floors do anything like this before. $3000 wasted. Bottom line: Lumber liquidators doesn't care about their customers and they sell substandard products. They were not willing to help in any way at all."

modified review This review was modified by peekeypoo on November 19 2014 07:11:43 AM

"What ever you do, DO NOT BUY YOUR FLOORING FROM, Lumber Liquidators. Bought our flooring in the Spring and had it installed the end of August. The installer who has been in business over 30 years said that the wood was crap and I should file a complaint. Well I did and after two months of fighting this, they are not standing by their product. We could have gone to any of the places that carry flooring, but chose them because that;s what they specialize in. Our flooring is less then 3 months old and it is covered in scraches, dents, a crack in our living room where nothing is, and gouges all over. I am just sick about it. Spend your hard earned money with a company that will stand by what they sell. When they don't call you back or answer any of your emails you know it's not going to end good.

"I love my floor- but I am very disappointed with the store. Jason in the Annapolis store helped me pick out my bamboo flooring. I gave Jason the dimensions of my room and he said I would need 30 boxes of flooring. Jason also told me not to worry if there is too much he "takes care of his customers and to bring it back to him & he would not charge a restocking fee." So I went ahead with the order- it turned out I needed 11 boxes of flooring not 30. So we called and told Jason that there was extra and he said that's fine we were within the 30 return window and to bring it back. My husband and Jason unloaded the 15 boxes we brought back it took maybe 10 min. Well surprise surprise Jason charged us $140.70 to restock the boxes. After we pointed out that he told us he would not do that he said "oh no we always charge a restocking fee".... so basically he sold me about 3x more flooring than I needed and then charges about $150 to bring back what he should never have sold me to begin with. When I called customer service Natasha told me there is nothing that can be done about the restocking fee- its on the original invoice and its policy. So y question is -Is it policy to over sell your customers almost 3 times what they need so you can then charge them 20% on what they bring back? Is it this is how you keep the up front pricing low- by ripping off the unknowing consumer? "

modified review This review was modified by LKhan85 on November 15 2014 01:56:16 PM

"What I originally thought was a great deal on a small lot special purchase became a huge liability when a home inspector determined that the naturally occurring defects in the wood were the result of a wood destroying insect infestation that can damage the flooring and the wood structure of the home. I spent $135.00 to hire in entomologist to determine that the infestation was inactive.
I contacted customer service to obtain a replacement for the defective product. Customer Service declared it an installation error and all warranties were thus void. They stated that the installer should not have installed any flooring with signs of infestation, this is ironic since neither the manager and assistant manager in the Lumber Liquidator store were unable to identify the WDI infestation and admitted that this was the first time they had seen a Powder Post Beatle infestation. We all assumed that this was typical in rustic looking “trendy” hard scraped wood flooring. Which brings me to my original assumption; this was an uncommon occurrence and this was a defective product.
Yes you can find great deals from this company, but let the buyer beware. I would suggest that you check each box on the dock.

modified review This review was modified by mfenn1957 on October 26 2014 07:39:51 PM

Share Lumber Liquidators's store rating

Lumber Liquidators is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Lumber Liquidators is not a merchant member
Lumber Liquidators does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!