Product & services pricing Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.15/10 1.15/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.59/10 1.59/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.96/10 0.96/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.75/10 1.75/10

"What I originally thought was a great deal on a small lot special purchase became a huge liability when a home inspector determined that the naturally occurring defects in the wood were the result of a wood destroying insect infestation that can damage the flooring and the wood structure of the home. I spent $135.00 to hire in entomologist to determine that the infestation was inactive.
I contacted customer service to obtain a replacement for the defective product. Customer Service declared it an installation error and all warranties were thus void. They stated that the installer should not have installed any flooring with signs of infestation, this is ironic since neither the manager and assistant manager in the Lumber Liquidator store were unable to identify the WDI infestation and admitted that this was the first time they had seen a Powder Post Beatle infestation. We all assumed that this was typical in rustic looking “trendy” hard scraped wood flooring. Which brings me to my original assumption; this was an uncommon occurrence and this was a defective product.
Yes you can find great deals from this company, but let the buyer beware. I would suggest that you check each box on the dock.

modified review This review was modified by mfenn1957 on October 26 2014 07:39:51 PM

" On September 27, 14 I purchased 560 sf of 3/8" x 3-3/4" Carbonized Bamboo. They said they were not sure when we would receive it, but probably no more than a couple weeks.
Let me first say the sales people are very knowledgeable of their products. The sales person that helped us was reasonable friendly, but the other 2 were close to rude.
About 2 weeks after the purchase I called to find out the ETA of our flooring. I was told they would call me back to let me know. They did NOT. A week later I asked the same question. They said I should receive the order at my house the following week, but would have to verify and let me know that day. They did NOT. A few days later I called to ask the same question. They said I would receive the order by December 1, 14, but would have to verify. They did NOT call me back.
I went to the store today (10-26-14) to cancel the order. I told them I know products can be on backorder but they should have called me to let me know. They did not seem to care. They also told me while I was canceling that they cannot get the product I ordered. I asked why they did not tell me that previously. They did not answer. I asked again and they blamed it on corporate. They claim they are never informed of backordered product unless they call corporate. If corporate is responsible, this problem is deeper than it should be.
By this time I guess they were mad at me even though when I went to the store to cancel I was very polite. I would advise you buyers out there to purchase ONLY what they have in stock. Furthermore, I would recommend NOT buying from them. They sell you the product, then you on your own. Beware and good luck Buyers !!

modified review This review was modified by lejjend3 on October 26 2014 01:16:10 PM

"Please never buy laminated floor from this stores this material is garbage as soon some water is dropped the plastic film is coming off and it warps even w/the laminated cleaner that they sale at the store to much of this liquid and good bye laminated wood be carefully when you getting laminated molding I used blue tape so I can paint the wall when I peel the tape the plastic film of the molding came off I ask for warranty they said the moldings do not have any warranty this material and this stores are bad news they lie to you please read all the find printing before you buy all warranty ask to be printed $2000.00 dollars in material all out the window now I have to star replacing this garbage material from lumber liquidators"

Lumber Liquidators User

"what a rip off. during one of their sales, i was quoted an intallation charge of $500 on three separate occations by different sales reps at the same store. i ordered the product and two days later when the insallers came to my home to measure, they quoted a price of over $1000 to install the floor. they said they are independent installers and dont work for LL and that the salesmen will say anything to get a sale. strange that the guy who said this was behind the counter at LL the day i bought the flooring and introduced himself to me. LOL! needless to say. i went right back to the store and got a refund on my deposit. poor business practices. "

Lumber Liquidators User

"We bought lamanet flooring from Lumber Liquidators and had it installed we needed two more pieces so when they brought out the box five pieces out of the box was damaged and when I called they told me they would not take it back because the box had two pieces gone I think that is a poor way to do business I was going to have more of my floors done but it wont be from there I will never go in that rotten place again they are crooks in my book "

Lumber Liquidators User

"DON'T DO IT! When we purchased 3 rooms of the "easy install" flooring, we chose to install the flooring ourselves but asked that if the product did not work out, what would we need to do. We were told that in that case, we could return the flooring and no restocking fee would be assessed. Well of course it didn't work out, but when we took the flooring back THEY CHARGED US 20% OF THE TOTAL COST of the flooring FOR RESTOCKING FEE. So now you know why they are still in business,.. they give you a sales pitch for their flooring and once you purchase, they they will make money one way or another. We just threw well over $100 their way and they didn't have to do a thing but put flooring back in their warehouse to resell. "

"I would not recommend Lumber Liquidators to anyone I know. The first floor we picked out, a few days later was discontinued. The second flooring choice took two weeks to get into the store, ok it takes time to ship it in, I can live with that. but, then Dan (the store manager) wanted to charge me $120 to ship it to their store; wait isn't the retailer's responsibility to at least have it avail for p/u at the locale? They wanted $190 to deliver it to my house. Finally, he called us to let us know the flooring was in, never telling us the transition strips were not in, and would take another 2 weeks. After, 2 weeks and several wasted trips to the store, we finally got the complete order. Customer service is horrible, mostly likely due to the lack of staffing. It;s not worth it!"

"We had oak floors in three rooms installed by Authentic Floors. The installation was EXCELLENT. Floors look great and the workmanship is remarkable. Built like a piece of fine furniture. Wonderful! If I have any more rooms with oak floors, Authentic Floors with Clive Steele is the only way I'd go."

"I regret ever setting foot in this place. I had gone in asking for unfinished floor and told the salesperson I wanted the hardest wood I could afford. I told the salesperson that I have four kids, two cats, and maybe a dog someday and that I was looking for something as durable as possible. The salesperson told me that what I should not get unfinished flooring, that what I should get is pre-finished bamboo Bellawood. He told me that if I get unfinished flooring and have it finished that the polyurethane will be easily scratched. He went as far as saying something like, "I'll sell you whatever you want, but if you want something durable, this is what you need". He convinced me. The best looking color in my price range and in stock was a dark brown which was a lot darker than I had envisioned or wanted but I purchased it. Since it was installed I've been having nothing but problems with the floor. It has not been durable at all. Within three weeks of installation it had 10+ chips in the finish, and scratches also. The floor is extremely high maintenance, cheap, and the opposite of durable. I contacted corporate but they will not help me, they say because I've used a steam vacuum on the floor. LL says you are not supposed to use any water to clean it. Impossible. The floor constantly looks dirty because of the dark color and high traffic in my house. That would have been a good thing for he salesperson to tell me before purchasing. The steam vacuum I use leaves very minimal water on the floor also. After contacting corporate I was told that there are specific care instructions that can void your warranty if you don't follow, but I was never told where to find these instructions. The store does not provide the customer with them or even tell the customer they exist. Shady shady shady. I've since read numerous consumer reviews, one of which from a former LL branch manager stating how shady the company is. I wasted thousands on flooring that is extremely CHEAP, and completely wrong for my lifestyle. Oh, and when I tried to contact Bellawood directly to see if they would help, guess what I found out? Lumber Liquidators OWNS Bellawood. No wonder why the shady salesguy told me to buy their cheap wood. THANKS! Don't waste your money on this rotten company!!!"

modified review This review was modified by jjalimonti on July 01 2014 05:26:54 PM

"Very bad experience with Lumbar Liquidators! Do not buy from them! We purchased about 1200 sf of vinyl flooring from them. In less than one week we were seeing major scratches on the floor. It is impossible to even slide a dining room chair, that has teflon glides on the legs, without leaving deep scratches that have even removed strips of the floor surface with it. We contacted the company and of course they found that there was not a problem with the floor which means that a lot of other customers will be getting the same crappy product. "

modified review This review was modified by tcahak on June 05 2014 07:59:29 AM

"We purchased bamboo hardwoods 2 yes ago. WE will have to rip it out as it keeps shrinking and you can see the blue pad all around the room. There is no way you could sell a house with this floor. We had it professional installed and they will no nothing over a year. Do not waste your money as there custom service is the worse I have ever seen. There is a 25 year warranty that is useless. Poor company. We went there because they use it on HGTV but bad advertising of the products,"

modified review This review was modified by kmueller54213 on May 27 2014 04:46:51 PM

"Terrible experience.....period. You want to buy frustration and poor customer service you have found the store."

modified review This review was modified by michaelpowell on May 22 2014 07:09:22 AM

"DO NOT BUY FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS!!!! The product they sold me was Horrible it had crayon marks an several pieces in each box. It was hand scraped so the marks couldn't be wiped out of the grain, and both the store level and corporate level they would only exchange it but would not return it without a 20% restock fee. Never again!! Go to someone that doesn't sell junk wood."

modified review This review was modified by kddsh on May 21 2014 05:58:04 AM

"I went to lumber liquidators to get laminate flooring for my stairs and upstairs hallway. Loved the floor I picked out, a gentleman came out to measure and to give me an estimate. I loved the price and was told to go to the store the next day to pick up the flooring. I was so excited to get this project started the next week. When I got to the store I was told that not of all of the supplies were in stock and it would take 1 to 2 weeks for the item to be delivered or I could have the item sent to my house in 3 to 5 business days for an $20.00 fee. I had the week off so I was excited to have the floors done but I couldn't be off when "they" could come. The manager, J. Patterson didn't seem to care, he didn't try to help me at all! I walked away very disappointed!!! $2,000.00 might not be a lot to you but it was to me. I went to another floor company and will be spending twice as much but they treated me like, I, as the customer mattered to them. I WILL never refer LL to anyone! I am so happy it didn't work out with LL, because I am so happy with the company I chose instead. Do Not Go To LL!!!"

modified review This review was modified by bbkk on April 12 2014 05:26:33 PM

"This company does not stand behind their products! Do not buy from them! They have terrible customer service. I bought Morning Star Tongling Bamboo flooring which has several gaps. I've been dealing with them for over a month and they will never return a call. I finally threatened by contacting the BBB. Now that got a call back but only to be lied to. I was told that they mailed me something but they actually mailed it after the fact. I finally got this so called package with no surprise the postage was several days after the date that she said she mailed it. The saying you get what you pay for; so true in this case."

Lumber Liquidators is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Lumber Liquidators is not a merchant member
Lumber Liquidators does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!