Stores > Lumber Liquidators
  • Lumber Liquidat

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
Voice your opinion! Review Lumber Liquidators by clicking a star below.
2017-07-31

Buyer Beware: Corporate and Santa Clarita store do not stand behind their product.

"DO NOT, DO NOT purchase anything from this company. This store has a good selection of floors and at times offers very good sales. The staff was friendly and seemed knowledgable about their products but clueless about installation. So they referred us to their "top installer" and that they were recommending him VERY highly. Purchasing from this store and chain has been our biggest regret. We purchased flooring for our whole house, 2,000 sf and went with their recommended installer, Mario Galvez. Installation was two weeks behind schedule since he kept taking other jobs that "should've taken less time" but didn't. This made us feel like we were not a priority. The one week installation that we were told turned into a three week nightmare with one thing after another going wrong. Our vacation plans were ruined. The major headache during the installation was that the installer didn't measure right and we had to continually go back to the store to buy more material. A week after the installation was completed, some of the boards started to noticably shift. I called Mario, the installer and he would not return my phone calls. Six months later, I finally got a hold of him and we scheduled for him to come see the floors. He sent his son, a want to be installer, and he said that yes that the boards needed to be fixed and would tell his dad. We called and called to no avail. We finally got a hold of him and we scheduled for him to come out to make the repairs. He was a no show and has not returned any of our calls for the last 6 months. Finally called Lumber Liquidators, and they would not accept any responsibility for the installation, even though the installer was an approved LL installer. Called corporate office and they basically said the same thing. Lumber Liquidators basically does not want to stand behind their product. The bottom line is that once you purchase any material from them that you are on your own and there really are no warranties. Lumber liquidators does not stand behind their product and installation and this is coming from both corporate and the Santa Clarita store. I do not recommend that you purchase anything from this or any other LL location.

2017-07-18

Great place to get floors

"I purchased enough flooring for an entire house on line. I needed to sign paperwork so someone else could pick it up. They worked with me so I could sign paperwork in Virginia and another person picked up the flooring in Pennsylvania. I later realized that I purchased flooring that required gluing which I did not want. They gladly took back the old floor and allowed me to exchange it for a new product. The manager at the Stroudsburg, PA store has been awesome to work with and based on this experience I would not only recommend them but will use them again in the future when I need flooring."

2017-05-17

ABSOLUTELY THE WORST SERVCE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED

"From the very beginning it started off wrong, I tried to use Ebates, (because they offered it) but the app would not work, then after waiting several days to get the phone call that my order had arrived I receive an email saying that I had to download the receipts , sign them and return them to the co, before my order could be shipped, I gave my credit card, and thought all was well, not so, they contact me to say that my order was there and could be picked up , not bothering to tell me that I still had to pay for the second 1/2 of the order, I sent a friend 30+MILES ONE WAY to pick it up, only to be told that the rest of the order must be paid for first, my friend did not have that much money with him, us not having been told that we had to bring the bal due on the order, so he had to turn around and go all the way back home without the order. At this point I totally expect them to return my order to the place it originated from and give me a hassle in getting my so called deposit back. I am tee totally and completely disgusted with the way they have treated me, I really truly hope they do not give me any more grief over this order."

2017-05-05

Couldn't even get through the measure phase.

"We went into LL in St. Peter's MO. Found a bamboo we thought we would like. We arranged to have a measure done. "We will call you in 24 hours to set that up. No call. I called back 3 days later. Got the response "Oh we didn't put the right paperwork in." "We will call tomorrow to set that up." No call. I called two days later. "Oh they sent the request to the wrong store." So I get a call for the measure set up. FINALLY! A very nice man showed up and measured my 1000+ square foot first floor. I was told they would contact me in 48 hours. A week later I called again. They had they wrong email address. Which I had corrected for them on my second call. I can't really trust someone who can't get the basics right. "

2017-04-17

Select brand not select quality

"quality of wood not up to par, purchased select but not select quality. Over time I notice wood creaking, trying to bend up. I have not experience ths with any other hardwood floors. Used a lot of nails to install to ensure planks were very secure. Disappointed in quality of wood"

2017-03-24

not holding up

"in 2014 we bought St J elk river redwood laminate floor for our downstairs (kitchen and living room) we were under the impression laminate held up better than real wood we were wrong the finish on this floor is chipping off really bad we drop anything it gouges the flooring I know people who bought 99 cent laminate from lowes and it is really durable I know the floor is going to look really bad by the time its been down 10 years and that it will need replaced we are very unhappy"

2017-03-20

BAIT AND SWITCH

"3/20/17

To whom it may concern,
I personally contacted lumber liquidators on 3/19/17 regarding my purchase of bamboo strand flooring on November 26, 2016. As explained to the customer service representative over the phone, my installer and I discovered (for the first time) the product was defective since the cartons contained 3 different colors of flooring.

Upon physically entering the store yesterday, assistant manager at the cranberry store told me that the multi colors were by design and that he would not offer a refund or exchange. He only suggested I call customer service , even though I argued that the sample in his store that I saw when I originally purchased the flooring was one (single) color, just as every sample currently in the store is today!

The representative offered no solution and refused my request to speak to a supervisor, so I exchanged the flooring and paid an additional $200 for non defective flooring while also incurring additional costs since my installer was idle for hours.

Could this just all be an example of some "bait and switch" game lumber liquidators plays on its customers? I think so and considering how several of your managers mishandled the situation, it only reinforces the probability and compels me to inform consumers through emails and social media outlets.

Sincerely,

2016-12-11

The worst.

"This store is the worst. Bought laminate flooring that was on clearance (they only had a small amount left but was perfect amount for what we needed) and was said to work well--went to pick it up only to realize it was half broken (half of the boxes had damaged panels in them). Drove to Waco to pick up more of it to avoid shipping charge that the store refused to waive. Ended up with a bunch of broken stuff and some usable, only to then find out that the quality is so lousy the click 'n lock system crumbles while installing it. Tried to return it and was told they would not take it back (seems like they know they sold me junk). I would recommend pay a little more at a place that doesn't scam you and sell you garbage and that values good customer service."

2016-11-26

Good pricing but you risk not receiving your order

"I placed an order online approx. 2 weeks ago for over $2k. Received an order confirmation and my credit card was charged. Called the store the following day to inquire about a pick up schedule and the store clerk has no record of my order... ok. Called customer support and THEY had no record of my order, lady says give it a day for it to register into the system... ok. 2 days later still no word, so i sent an email inquiry, still no record of my order, but guess what, my credit company has a balance due for the $2k! Then i sent an email with my order confirmation to customer support as proof asking them to refund my order. Customer support pretty much says we don't have any record of your order, good luck! I am either disillusion and making up an order receipt and credit card charge or your ordering process really needs some quality assurance work. I am now going to file a dispute with my credit card company but please believe i will be copying and pasting this review on every outlet i can get my hands on!"

2016-11-20

SOLD ME JUNK!!!

"In November 2015, I purchased several hundred square feet of Morningstar click lock carbonized stranded bamboo flooring to install in the second floor bedrooms of our home. I had previously purchased a similar nail down flooring and installed it throughout the first floor and stairway of my home and was very happy with it. I was also very happy with the customer service I received from Lumber Liquidators and referred many people to your store and your products.
Unfortunately, the click lock flooring I purchased is an unacceptable product and the customer service I have received has been deplorable. After installation, the flooring snaps and pops when you walk on it. It is a very nice looking floor, but the noise it makes when you walk on it is completely unacceptable. I called the customer service helpline several times and have been treated very poorly. The first time I called, the customer service representative said she would have someone contact me regarding my complaint. Instead, the next thing I received was a letter stating that my flooring was improperly installed. No-one ever came to look at it and I installed it as directed, yet a customer service representative took one phone call and determined that the installation was the problem and not the product.
Thereafter I have called several times and asked to speak with a supervisor. Each time I have been told that no supervisor is on duty or that they will call me back. I did not receive a call back until I went to the store and complained to the manager on duty. At that time, a flooring inspector came out and informed us that the reason the flooring was making the unacceptable noise was because it had not been glued at the joints. I pulled up the floor and reinstalled it with glued joints. It still made the noise.
In another room I tried glueing the floor down with the same result. We are terribly disatisfied with the flooring product we have received and will be removing it from our home with the intent of replacing it with some other type of covering.

2016-05-31

lakewood ca

"I ordered 16 mouldings at lakewood ca store for laminate floor. They sent only 2 pcs in a week. So I called the store. They told me it was a mistake. Ater 2 weeks they sent me 7pcs more. But the other 7 pcs are still missing. Fedex tracking showed only the label was printed. Nobody follows up. I called the store again and again. Later I returned 3 of them because they were not match to my floor. They received returns but said the corp. check will be mailed in 3=4 weeks.
Never heard or experienced that slow services.

2016-04-30

Returns Scam

"If I could give the Lincoln, Nebraska store no stars, I would. My husband and I bought $4,500 of Bellawood solid hickory flooring at the end of November as part of a whole-house remodel. We paid for a professional measurement, which turned out to be less than professional. We let them quote installation, but the price was so inflated we went a more reasonable way. As it turns out, after the floor is completely installed, we have 8 boxes too many!! ...the equivalent of $800. When we tried to return only 6 today (saving extra to match), the store manager pointed out a return document in a pile of paperwork they made us sign at pick-up that limited returns to 30 days. WHAT?! To boot, there is a 20% restocking fee regardless. REALLY? We had to load the entire 43 boxes ourselves the first time with no employee help. The manager was rude to me. He admitted that he could return the 6 boxes, but refused to. We have a complaint in at the corporate level. Hopefully they are more professional. BIG customer service mistake...beware...do not work with this store.

This is the ultimate scam. Sell the customer waaaay more than they need, then refuse to return it. Wonderful.

2016-04-20

Horrible quality and customer service. Never, ever purchase from LL

"We purchased 1250 sq. ft. of wood flooring from LL approximately 16 months ago, to be installed in a home we just purchased - prior to us moving in. We received the flooring a week or so before move in, and brought into the house to get to room temp. The installers showed up a couple days later, unpacked the flooring - then called us to come over to show us the flooring and the many, many pieces that had extremely poor staining. They suggested not to install - but unfortunately due to the move in schedule (in 4 days), that was not possible.

When we tried to follow up with LL - via phone and email - about the problems, it was difficult getting any initial response. And when we did, they 'connected' us to a representative. After not hearing anything for at least month fro the representative, we tried again - but no luck.

After many months of similar lack of response - and us pushing - a response finally came back and basically told us 'too bad, you already installed, not our problem'.

Recently, we even sent an email to 'the desk of Tom Sullivan' (CEO) wondering if he cared about LLs reputation, having an ethical company who puts quality products and service as the highest priority (which also would retain repeat customers) - and just doing the right thing, you would not only correct our situation but your customer support situation. We received the same run around as before (you installed, our warrant states, not our problem) - except quicker this time.

Just a PS - the people at the Blaine, MN store were quality people and VERY helpful. It was your support and follow up process that was horrendous.

2016-04-12

DO NOT USE LUMBER LIQUIDATORS!!

"If I could have given these guys zero stars I would have. We went to look at low cost flooring in the showroom to see what it looks like in person and decided that it was not what we wanted. Since we were working with a budget we were going to wait on doing all hardwood flooring. Instead the salesman talked us into going with the next grade up, or so we thought. When we got it home it was exactly what we didn't want and looked just like the lower grade sample in the store. The higher grade sample on display in the store looked nothing like what we got. At least 30 % of the 1st box we opened was horrible. When I called the store the next day Chris the Manager said the salesman was up-selling us, but they refused to admit it was shady and if we wanted to return it we could, with a 20% restocking fee. So here we were stuck with flooring we would never put in our house. Chris the manager told my fiancé (when he called to try to reason with them, after I got nowhere) he could upgrade the flooring to the Select style for less than the restocking fee. We had to bring the original flooring 900 SQ FT back to the store. My feeling on this is that we were scammed, sold us bad flooring knowing we won't use it and then make us choose between spending another $800 on decent flooring or getting stiffed on 20% restock fee of $790. I contacted the back office and they refused to help us. DO NOT USE LUMBER LIQUIDATORS!!

2016-03-09

review from a contractor of 20yrs

"Very, extremely dissatisfied with LL!!! We purchased the flooring a year ago. We followed directions for acclimating the flooring. We installed the flooring. Within a month the floor had shrunk and needed to be backed up and tightened. We added 2 extra inches of flooring to make up the space. A year later it has shrunk at least another 1 1/2 inches. LL refuses to address the issue of continued shrinkage and insists it has to do with the installation. At this point we need to add even more flooring to make up the gap along the wall, We also have a couple of pieces that are about to pop out of the floor all together. LL will accept no responsibility for their faulty product.
As a contractor, I will never install a product from this company for one of my customers.

Share Lumber Liquidators's store rating

Lumber Liquidators is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Lumber Liquidators is not a merchant member
Lumber Liquidators does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!