Stores > Lumber Liquidators

• Lumber Liquidat

Product & services pricing Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

2016-11-26

Good pricing but you risk not receiving your order

"I placed an order online approx. 2 weeks ago for over $2k. Received an order confirmation and my credit card was charged. Called the store the following day to inquire about a pick up schedule and the store clerk has no record of my order... ok. Called customer support and THEY had no record of my order, lady says give it a day for it to register into the system... ok. 2 days later still no word, so i sent an email inquiry, still no record of my order, but guess what, my credit company has a balance due for the $2k! Then i sent an email with my order confirmation to customer support as proof asking them to refund my order. Customer support pretty much says we don't have any record of your order, good luck! I am either disillusion and making up an order receipt and credit card charge or your ordering process really needs some quality assurance work. I am now going to file a dispute with my credit card company but please believe i will be copying and pasting this review on every outlet i can get my hands on!"

2016-11-20

SOLD ME JUNK!!!

"In November 2015, I purchased several hundred square feet of Morningstar click lock carbonized stranded bamboo flooring to install in the second floor bedrooms of our home. I had previously purchased a similar nail down flooring and installed it throughout the first floor and stairway of my home and was very happy with it. I was also very happy with the customer service I received from Lumber Liquidators and referred many people to your store and your products.
Unfortunately, the click lock flooring I purchased is an unacceptable product and the customer service I have received has been deplorable. After installation, the flooring snaps and pops when you walk on it. It is a very nice looking floor, but the noise it makes when you walk on it is completely unacceptable. I called the customer service helpline several times and have been treated very poorly. The first time I called, the customer service representative said she would have someone contact me regarding my complaint. Instead, the next thing I received was a letter stating that my flooring was improperly installed. No-one ever came to look at it and I installed it as directed, yet a customer service representative took one phone call and determined that the installation was the problem and not the product.
Thereafter I have called several times and asked to speak with a supervisor. Each time I have been told that no supervisor is on duty or that they will call me back. I did not receive a call back until I went to the store and complained to the manager on duty. At that time, a flooring inspector came out and informed us that the reason the flooring was making the unacceptable noise was because it had not been glued at the joints. I pulled up the floor and reinstalled it with glued joints. It still made the noise.
In another room I tried glueing the floor down with the same result. We are terribly disatisfied with the flooring product we have received and will be removing it from our home with the intent of replacing it with some other type of covering.

2016-05-31

lakewood ca

"I ordered 16 mouldings at lakewood ca store for laminate floor. They sent only 2 pcs in a week. So I called the store. They told me it was a mistake. Ater 2 weeks they sent me 7pcs more. But the other 7 pcs are still missing. Fedex tracking showed only the label was printed. Nobody follows up. I called the store again and again. Later I returned 3 of them because they were not match to my floor. They received returns but said the corp. check will be mailed in 3=4 weeks.
Never heard or experienced that slow services.

2016-04-30

Returns Scam

"If I could give the Lincoln, Nebraska store no stars, I would. My husband and I bought $4,500 of Bellawood solid hickory flooring at the end of November as part of a whole-house remodel. We paid for a professional measurement, which turned out to be less than professional. We let them quote installation, but the price was so inflated we went a more reasonable way. As it turns out, after the floor is completely installed, we have 8 boxes too many!! ...the equivalent of $800. When we tried to return only 6 today (saving extra to match), the store manager pointed out a return document in a pile of paperwork they made us sign at pick-up that limited returns to 30 days. WHAT?! To boot, there is a 20% restocking fee regardless. REALLY? We had to load the entire 43 boxes ourselves the first time with no employee help. The manager was rude to me. He admitted that he could return the 6 boxes, but refused to. We have a complaint in at the corporate level. Hopefully they are more professional. BIG customer service mistake...beware...do not work with this store.

This is the ultimate scam. Sell the customer waaaay more than they need, then refuse to return it. Wonderful.

This review was modified by SaraDM on April 30 2016 03:30:27 PM

2016-04-20

Horrible quality and customer service. Never, ever purchase from LL

"We purchased 1250 sq. ft. of wood flooring from LL approximately 16 months ago, to be installed in a home we just purchased - prior to us moving in. We received the flooring a week or so before move in, and brought into the house to get to room temp. The installers showed up a couple days later, unpacked the flooring - then called us to come over to show us the flooring and the many, many pieces that had extremely poor staining. They suggested not to install - but unfortunately due to the move in schedule (in 4 days), that was not possible.

When we tried to follow up with LL - via phone and email - about the problems, it was difficult getting any initial response. And when we did, they 'connected' us to a representative. After not hearing anything for at least month fro the representative, we tried again - but no luck.

After many months of similar lack of response - and us pushing - a response finally came back and basically told us 'too bad, you already installed, not our problem'.

Recently, we even sent an email to 'the desk of Tom Sullivan' (CEO) wondering if he cared about LLs reputation, having an ethical company who puts quality products and service as the highest priority (which also would retain repeat customers) - and just doing the right thing, you would not only correct our situation but your customer support situation. We received the same run around as before (you installed, our warrant states, not our problem) - except quicker this time.

Just a PS - the people at the Blaine, MN store were quality people and VERY helpful. It was your support and follow up process that was horrendous.

This review was modified by disgruntled55 on April 20 2016 03:23:57 PM

2016-04-12

DO NOT USE LUMBER LIQUIDATORS!!

"If I could have given these guys zero stars I would have. We went to look at low cost flooring in the showroom to see what it looks like in person and decided that it was not what we wanted. Since we were working with a budget we were going to wait on doing all hardwood flooring. Instead the salesman talked us into going with the next grade up, or so we thought. When we got it home it was exactly what we didn't want and looked just like the lower grade sample in the store. The higher grade sample on display in the store looked nothing like what we got. At least 30 % of the 1st box we opened was horrible. When I called the store the next day Chris the Manager said the salesman was up-selling us, but they refused to admit it was shady and if we wanted to return it we could, with a 20% restocking fee. So here we were stuck with flooring we would never put in our house. Chris the manager told my fiancé (when he called to try to reason with them, after I got nowhere) he could upgrade the flooring to the Select style for less than the restocking fee. We had to bring the original flooring 900 SQ FT back to the store. My feeling on this is that we were scammed, sold us bad flooring knowing we won't use it and then make us choose between spending another $800 on decent flooring or getting stiffed on 20% restock fee of $790. I contacted the back office and they refused to help us. DO NOT USE LUMBER LIQUIDATORS!!

This review was modified by Linda-C on April 12 2016 07:07:16 AM

2016-03-09

review from a contractor of 20yrs

"Very, extremely dissatisfied with LL!!! We purchased the flooring a year ago. We followed directions for acclimating the flooring. We installed the flooring. Within a month the floor had shrunk and needed to be backed up and tightened. We added 2 extra inches of flooring to make up the space. A year later it has shrunk at least another 1 1/2 inches. LL refuses to address the issue of continued shrinkage and insists it has to do with the installation. At this point we need to add even more flooring to make up the gap along the wall, We also have a couple of pieces that are about to pop out of the floor all together. LL will accept no responsibility for their faulty product.
As a contractor, I will never install a product from this company for one of my customers.

2015-10-08

"DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!! I bought the Mora cork flooring from Lumber Liquidators. I couldn't find a color I liked at any local flooring stores, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc... so went to Lumber Liquidators online and found what I wanted. At first all seemed well until they explained the guarantee out in the lot as we were loading the boxes. hmm, very difficult to return ANYTHING. Not good so far. Once we got home, every box had damaged pieces with slightly raised edges, so when laid, it has obvious seams and you can tell they're going to get damaged if you catch a shoe on them. Also the installer said it was all extremely difficult to install. Took him three times the normal amount of time it took him to install cork flooring from Home Depot due to the odd way that it locked together. The "reducer" that they recommended to match the flooring is not a good match, the color is "off". But the worst was YET TO COME. Cork flooring is supposed to be fantastic for a home with pets, but evidently not the crap that Lumber Liquidators is selling!! The flooring immediately scratched from the slightest thing. My dog's toe nails, shoe soles, etc!!! I looked in the scratches and the color is only surface deep! The Mora is very dark, which I liked, but directly under this tiny layer of dark is a very light cork color!!! So everything scratches it and scratches are VERY obvious. The installer said his cork floor from Home Depot doesn't show scratches like that!! DO NOT BUY FROM LUMBER LIQUIDATORS AND ESPECIALLY DO NOT BUY THEIR CORK PRODUCTS!! I know I am stuck with this floor for along time to come, it took all my savings to buy it and have it installed!"

2015-09-23

"This has been the worst company I have ever had to deal with. The flooring split even when installation and site requirements were maintained. I filed a complaint and they are doing everything that they can to blame it on me. (I have been remodeling the house since I purchased it, putting down flooring is substantially easier then many of the things that I've completed. I'm currently dealing with the BBB to try and hold Lumber Liquidators accountable. If nothing else this will be another thorn in their side because I'm not going away quietly.

If you're thinking about purchasing flooring here, I would reconsider. Pay the extra money where you will get a better product and the company will back the warranty.

This review was modified by cidoywear on September 23 2015 06:04:02 AM

2015-09-12

"DO NOT BUY FROM THEM AND TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS!!!!!!

I special ordered some oak flooring and it took a month. It arrived and about half way through the first box the wood was warped, all different widths and thickness and some were even chewed up. I told my contractor to do the best he could thinking I would deal with a refund later.

Well after 2 months of ignored email, and not returned voice mail calls, they sent me a copy of the instructions which in few small print says that if any wood is installed that is defective they will not pay for anything.

Be very aware of these shysters. My contractor had told me that they will find some reason not to pay and he was right. Big companies don't give a d***.I really want 0 stars.

This was my delusional review when I started the process:

I have been waiting a year to have a hardwood floor. I finally ordered the wood and it took 2 months acclimated in air conditioning and 40% humidity until my very qualified installer put it in. He struggled with it because the wood was broken, the widths were different sizes, almost all the pieces were warped so they had to be nailed from the top, and even one end was a different size than the other end. I have missed work just to have this C*** put in.

I am hoping that lumber liquidators will refund all my money and reinstall it and in the meantime I will have to deal with an ugly floor.

2015-09-12

"I went to the Rockville store in Maryland today 9/12/2015. I was so distraught with the way I was treated. Worst customer service I have ever received! By the way, don't try to take your concern to the manager, he is just as rude and uncaring. I will never do business with Lumber Liquidators again!"

2015-09-11

"Had I done my due diligence, I never would have walked into this store. Most of the comments I have read are spot on. I so regret not looking into the reputation of Lumber Liquidators. Their modus operandi is lie, steal, deny. First of all, we were oversold products - materials that were never used but the installer removed from our premises without our knowledge or permission. (The owner of the installation company did come by to inspect the job and did not see any flaws. We asked him to take with him the unused, unopened boxes and return them to Lumber Liquidators - we have requested a refund, but unless I sue I probably won't see those dollars.) I have reported this to the Better Business Bureau (the local BBB transferred the complaint to the BBB in Norfolk VA) and my state's attorney general. Five thousand dollars is a huge amount of money to me at my age and I will not let this go until Lumber Liquidators is liquidated and out of business. Oh - forgot to mention - I was expected to pay the entire labor amount up front - I paid half, the balance upon approval of the installation."

2015-08-13

"i bought hickory hardwood flooring from lumber liquidators for a new log cabin. I was very dissappointed with the product we bought. The wood pieces had defect marks on them as if they were seconds or rejects. I would not recommend them to anyone. The wood pieces started splitting before we got the entire floor laid. I called the store and they told me to file a complaint and tried to use every excuse in the book. I highly recommend you stay away from this store because they sell junk!!!!!!!!!!! Its a shame people go there for good quality flooring and end up with seconds. It is not fair to the customers. Never again will i buy from them."

This review was modified by minniejo on August 13 2015 04:40:52 PM

2015-08-10

"I am a home builder. I submitted my second claim for a floor that is gapping. I sent it in four times as they always said it has not been received. They of course denied this claim too. In fact, I was told not to file a 3rd claim as the result would be the same.
I would caution anyone from purchasing from Lumber Liquidators. The guys at the store are great to work with but the bottom line is, they don't stand behind their products.

This review was modified by joshhomes on August 10 2015 10:01:39 AM

2015-08-06

"I am furious on the delay the material I bought is arriving 1 month later. I called the store that the material will be delivered to and was informed that the product is expected to arrive on 8/23/2015. THAT IS 1 MONTH wait time! I am remodeling my house to move in and this is costing me 1 month of mortgage! If I knew that buying this product will cost me a month of mortgage, I much rather go to the store and pay a premium which would be cheaper than waiting a whole month for the material to arrive. WHAT kind of business does this. I truly regret my first and last experience shopping online at Lumber Liquidators. "

This review was modified by Easyfix on August 06 2015 02:44:30 PM

Share Lumber Liquidators's store rating

Lumber Liquidators is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Lumber Liquidators is not a merchant member
Lumber Liquidators does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!