• Lumber Liquidat

Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.54/10 0.54/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 0.28/10 0.28/10

2015-06-10

"Hello. My wife and I went to Lumber Liquidators in Norwalk CT to buy Bamboo flooring for a Salon. The salesman, who was a very nice man, told us we didn't want Bamboo, we would be much better off with vinyl for what we were using it for, we still wanted Bamboo. My wife went back again a couple of weeks later to order, another salesman, pushing the vinyl also. They decided to give my wife the number for a installer so he could come out and look. Again, another really nice man. He tells my wife, she doesn't want Bamboo, I quote, "I've done many Salons, you definitely want vinyl." She finally agrees to take their advice. They show up just like they agreed. The guys were great and the job was complete in a day.

Here comes the trouble. Right away the floor starts getting scratched, within a week it's not good at all. We call the installer who does come out to look, he tells her he's never seen anything like that and the material must be defective, he says to put in a claim with LL. Well, they send someone out to look. A couple of weeks or so she gets an email more or less saying that it's not their fault, that people shouldn't be wearing certain shoes on the floor. Also they shouldn't be using carts either. The carts have hardly any weight them at all.

In other words, they don't want to know anything!! And this flooring was totally what they told her she needed for a salon. I feel really bad for her, she finally saved up enough money to get new floors and now this. Now, maybe two months later they look terrible for new flooring. Oh, and one of the planks are lifting already. We put cheap flooring down in the break room and dressing room from Home D. It's been down for over a year or two. Not a scratch!!! Thumbs down to Lumber Liquidators!! Now she's going to have to pay an attorney to get somewhere with them. We should have gone to a local reputable company that would have taken care of the problem. You think you're saving money but that's not always the case!! Thank you so much for listening everyone!!! We have pictures if anyone would like to see."

This review was modified by Bert1234567 on June 10 2015 02:38:49 PM

2015-06-10

"We purchased Americas Mission Olive 12mm laminate flooring from Lumber Liquidators in December of 2014 and had it installed throughout our home (except bathrooms) in our new remodel. We chose this floor after speaking with their sales people who convinced us that this is a very durable floor, which would hold up great to pets and kids.

We had the floors installed by a professional and were very happy with the results... for about a month. That was when we started noticing the chips all over the floor and the bubbling along the edges of the the planks. If a drop of liquid came into contact with these floors, even if wiped up immediately, the surface of the product would start to peel away from the backing. And any time anything was dropped on the floor they would chip.

We were extremely disappointed because these floors had been sold to us as being extremely durable and multiple employees at the Albuquerque store told us that they would be great for a family with pets and kids.

We contacted their customer care line, sure that they would make this right since this was obviously a misrepresentation of the product they were selling. We figured that a company this large would have some pride in their products and stand behind what they sold. Unfortunately this has not been the case at all.

After jumping through hoops we were told to send them a box of our unopened flooring. We did this and a few days later we contacted with an Its not our fault letter. They said that they had done internal testing and that based off of the pictures we had sent them and their internal testing it was moisture damage. The funny thing is that we didnt even send pictures of the bubbling from moisture, we had just send pictures of the chipping. This showed us that they hadnt even bothered to review our claims before writing us off!!

After this, we requested to see the report on our floors from their internal tests and were told "there is no report, just a notation made on the file that the issues of concern are not manufacturing related. I don’t know what the inspection process is except for what I have already shared with you as this is done by a separate entity." ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? What reputable, ethical company runs internal testing and doesnt document it?

At this point we were very frustrated with the company because it is obvious that they have been giving us the run around. So after many more emails and calls (most of which were never even acknowledged) we were told they would send out a third party inspector. The inspector finally came and took some pictures and moisture readings and left without giving us any information.

We were contact by Lumber Liquidators a few days later with another not saying it is all moisture related and not their fault. However, their own warranty states that "Your Ispiri floor is warranted against finish wear from normal household conditions resulting in exposure of the paper layer". This is exactly what is happening in our home!

We have since asked multiple times to see a copy of the report by the third party inspector and have been ignored. We have also requested multiple times to speak with a supervisor, only to be ignored each time.

I would never recommend Lumber Liquidators to anyone. In fact, I will be doing just the opposite. For the amount of money we spent it would be nice it they would stand behind their product and make sure their customers were satisfied and that they were selling good quality product, but unfortunately this is not the case at all. "

This review was modified by Wramos0511 on June 10 2015 07:31:34 AM

2015-06-02

"I was pleased with my recent order of flooring from the San Jose Blossom Hill store of Lumber Liquidators--the flooring is exactly what I wanted, and though it scratches more easily than I would like, the scratches have also proven to cover up extremely easily too. I was less pleased with the installation service I just used, on recommendation from the San Jose Blossom Hill Store. The job was subcontracted out to a third party of installers and was not supervised at all by either Lumber Liquidators or the original contractor who Lumber Liquidator recommended, and the subcontractors were not careful with the property at all, leaving every single window and door open and unlocked when they finished for the day, despite being carefully instructed about the importance of locking everything up for a variety of reasons. In addition, the team damaged doors and cabinets at the property, some of which had just been newly installed at significant trouble and expense. When advised of the problem, very little was done to correct the issue and the contractor never even asked to view the damage. The communication with the contractor and the team was also poor throughout the experience: the contractor did not schedule the work in advance but instead would advise you right before when the job was going to be done that the team would be there without asking for confirmation and if you did not confirm the communication even though it did not ask for confirmation they did not always show up as advised. Paperwork was handed to me to sign on the day that the job was started 30 minutes before the subcontractors were scheduled to arrive rather than in advance and then a second set of paperwork intended to limit Lumber Liquidator's liability was provided to me after the job was almost concluded, which when I said I was unable to sign at that point in time, was then discarded and I was directed at that point to just pay the contractor directly in order to circumvent the Lumber Liquidators paperwork. It would been nice if my concerns had been addressed to my satisfaction at that point in time, but they were not. Also, what is most frustrating is that I communicated to the contractor that I was about to have new doors installed, and I was never warned about how rough the subcontractors would be with any doors that were installed and how that job should be postponed until after the flooring install was completed. It would have been nice to have been warned in advance as to the poor care that his subcontractors would exhibit towards newly installed doors, because I could have easily postponed the installation until after the flooring was completed--I had no idea that they would remove every door in the house, stack them up on top of one another and on items that would put deep scratches on the full face of the door, and just generally treat them as if they were about to be discarded and not as if they were brand-new with stickers that had not yet been removed from the door. The flooring itself was installed satisfactorily for the most part, although I decided to stop the job for now at the stairs and the craftsmanship around the stairs was left looking less than professional. For about a month after the rest of the job was finished there was only padding at the foot of my stairs and nothing more, and though flooring was eventually put down there, it is still a bit unprofessional in the appearance of the top stairs. Overall, I would deal with the store again but I will be more cautious with flooring installation decisions going forward, as it is clear that you are a bit on your own as a consumer if you decide to deal with a flooring install service affiliated with Lumber Liquidators, and that you might be wise to be at the property supervising the work yourself, since no one else will be supervising it. "

This review was modified by Dawn0401 on June 02 2015 10:20:57 AM

2015-05-26

"Terrible customer service and bad product!! After having had my wood installed within in 6 months I noticed that "knots" in the wood began separating and sinking. I filed a claim per their requirements and was told that a representative would contact me w/in 24 hours to discuss. Their local store advised I had a good claim. After repeated follow up calls to get a status, I was never contacted. 2 months post claim and not being able to get ANY response, my claim was denied. They advised that I should have rejected the wood as defective even though there was no obvious defect (knots hadn't separated) when received and installed. TERRIBLE service and product. I'll be fighting this legally. "

This review was modified by Leslie013 on May 26 2015 01:19:55 PM

2015-05-09

"Do NOT let Lumber Liquidators install what they sell. They absolutely do not stand behind their installations. I have Tranquility Resilient tiles sliding under my dishwasher leaving a one inch gape in front on my island. This is for a floor I am still paying for and under a one year warranty. I have been calling and filling a complaint since March 30, 2015 and I have not had the courtesy of one return call. I have called the person assigned to our complaint Kerry, six times, her boss, Matthew, twice, Theresa once, Shenika once and Terry once all at Lumber Liquidators Main office and left 8 voice mails and never once gotten a response. I have also called Darrel Meece the Assistant Manager at the Redford store once where I ordered our flooring from back in Aug, 2014 ( It was back ordered until October 8, 2014.)and I did receive i response from him either. This makes for a very unsanitary floor with a channel in the triangle between the sink, prep and stove."

This review was modified by KannS on May 09 2015 08:29:55 AM

2015-05-08

"I wish I had seen this website before buying flooring from LL. Like most reviews here (funny that some are positive so these must be fake) I had a horrible experience with LL. Their floors are not as described, do not last, warp and like everyone else here they will blame the consumer and warranty voided. They will go to extremes to take avoid taking any responsibility. I am glad that finally their practices are coming back to hunt them with the whole illegal with products from China. I just hope that my health issues are not related to this floor. I urge you all to file a complaint with the BBB and your Attorney General. "

This review was modified by llsucks on May 08 2015 10:05:59 AM

2015-03-21

"Two years ago we ordered Morning Star bamboo flooring for our home from Lumber Liquidators After the fourth week of acclimation we began to install our flooring (in late June). In August we went on vacation to return to floors that had shrunk from the quarter round by about 1/2 of an inch. My husband and I discussed the issue and decided that we would add extra molding between the baseboard and the quarter round this would add close to 3/4 of an inch for coverage. We thought surely there is no way the flooring would shrink beyond that point. We shopped for a solution finally we added a piece of chair rail (about1/2 of an inch in thickness) against the baseboard then added the quarter round which cover any shrinkage. We also added extra pieces of the flooring under the door frames to cover the areas of shrinkage It has yet again shrunk so much so that now there about a 1/4 of an inch gap due to shrinkage from the edge of the flooring to the quarter round. We contacted our local Lumber Liquidators store to be directed to the warranty department. Photos were sent with a explanation of how we tried to repair/cover the shrinkage prior to submitting a complaint. We were told gaps are to be expected. Also they implied that our room size was too large not to have a t molding piece in the middle. This problem is not an instillation issue, it is 100% a product issue. This company was quick to sell their product by using the warranty, but don't you dare mention warranty when you are having a problem. Of course your warranty doesn't cover that. With all that being said morning star bamboo floors are beautiful in looks but suck in quality. Lumber Liquidators doesn't stand behind their products. I would never recommend this company for the purchase of anything. Saving a few dollars up front will surely catch up with you in the end. Do not do business with this company!"

This review was modified by Jenwil2515 on March 21 2015 09:10:24 AM

2015-03-19

"75% of installed product from Lumber Liquidators is Defective!
• July 29, 2014; we bought hardwood flooring from Lumber Liquidators in Mississauga (Ontario, Canada) the brand is ( Golden Teak Acacia Hardwood 3/4'”) with 30-year warranty, we based our decision to purchase the hardwood on certain samples at retail store showroom, which we examined before committing ourselves to the purchase.

• After acclimated the product at our house for more than 5 months and used a moisture barrier, which they are selling to keep our warranty valid. We also followed all manufacturer regulations and recommendations.
Unfortunately, during installation and reached of 85% of the process, we noticed there were some defecates mostly at the ends of the boards, which is more than the expected 5% range that our invoice mentioned when we bout the flooring.

• Jan 2015; We informed LL about the flooring issue and filled disclosure forms, the store manager came out to the site to view the floor and he requested to get everything on hold, acknowledged there was a defect (in this patch) of product, and the arrangements were made to ship samples and box of unopened material to the head office in Virginia, USA for inspection.

• LL’s acts of fraudulent concealment, using improper warranty tactics and commissioning sham inspection from INSPECT SOLUTIONS to our flooring in response to complaints in order to "mislead consumers into believing that the defect could be traced to shoddy installation," and to exonerate Lumber Liquidators from any responsibility.

• LL markets and warrants that the Product is durable and further markets and warrants that the Product has a thirty (30) year warranty. LL provided a reasonable expectation to consumers and the industry that the Product would have a usable lifetime of at least thirty (30) years. The Product’s various modes of failure potentially cause damage to other building components and render the Product susceptible to premature failure.

• LL did not honor its warranty and denial our claim. It's amazing to us that a company is so adamant about taking no responsibility for such a poor product (75% defect) which is marketed to be "durable" with 30 years warranty, but it seems there is no quality control had been done at all for this product before wrapping and delivery.

• We had to hire 3rd party independent inspector licensed by National Wood and Flooring Association ( NWFA), he mentioned the mill actually attempted to fuse cracks with glue and then fill them with putty, the manufacturer did this intentionally.His conclusion is (Manufacturing Defects).

• LL has been notified of its breach of written warranties and has failed to adequately cure those breaches. As a direct and proximate result of Defendant’s breaches of its written warranties, engaged in unlawful business practices in that Defendant represented, through its advertising, warranties and other express representations that the Product had characteristics it did not actually have. We are requiring LL to compensation for financial losses associated with the purchase of the flooring. These losses include:
• Installation costs
• Removal costs
• Loss of use
• Diminished property value
• Remediation costs

This review was modified by mascanada on March 19 2015 11:16:22 AM

2015-03-11

"Never buy from Lumber Liquidators but if you do please understand they stand behind their "Terms and Conditions" and NOT their product. If you have found this review before purchasing please consider yourself lucky, like "hitting the lottery for whatever you were about to pay for your floor" kind of lucky. Don't take my word for it, DO YOUR HOMEWORK and search review boards before purchasing so you can make a good decision. We purchased Morning Star Handscraped Strand Anji Bamboo from Brian the General Manager and had a professional installer put it in, well at least we had him start putting it in. We started noticing problems on day 3 of the installation, the floor that was super squeaky and parts of the floor had separated from the 1st day's batch. On day 2 and 3 we had a big rain so the air was humid and we started investigating things. That's when we found out the horrible decision we had made buying from LL. After searching we found complaint after complaint and then class action lawsuits against LL on the exact product Brian sold us. We even tried to return the portion of the floor still in the box, once again LL stood behind their "policy" not their product and deferred to customer service. If only we had read the reviews first I would have run the other direction."

This review was modified by adamohio15 on March 11 2015 05:52:00 PM

2015-02-20

"I wish I had read all of these reviews before I purchased flooring at Lumber Liquidators. My family purchased and installed the Tranquility vinyl plank flooring three times. The first two installations have performed well, but the third one began to gap soon after installation. We took it up and re-installed it, but it gapped again in the same places. I went through talking to my local store, contacting customer care, filling out paperwork and emailing pictures only to get the same form letter mentioned in many other reviews. Even though this product has a 50 year warranty, LL will evidently always blame the installation or the environment, and never even consider that the product could be defective. I read through the reviews of this product on the LL website and saw seven other reviews describing the same problem. Since my purchase was less than $500, hiring a lawyer is not cost-effective. I will not purchase flooring from them again, and I will go out of my way to let others know about their poor quality products and failure to stand behind their warranty."

This review was modified by ellandlord on February 20 2015 06:31:45 PM

2015-01-31

"Well I put a laminate floor in on a continuous run in 3 rooms of my home. About 1 year later we had 3 boards that started to swell around the edges. One of the boards that swelled is adjacent to another that is still fine. We called LL customer service and filed a claim. Long story short it was an awful experience. They did not send any representative out to look at the floor. They basically asked us a million questions just looking for a way to not be responsible for the 3 boards.

So even though my floor was professionally installed, no water sources around, 1st floor with full basement underneath, The rest of the floor is cleaned in the same manner every time, I keep 30% humidity in that area all year round with humidity gauges present, no pets, no small kids, no water leaks anywhere as the rest of the floor is perfect......are you starting to see a pattern here? The problem is not the 3 boards, I have extra, its just that I have to pay the contractor to replace those 3 boards which will take some work. They basically sent me back a letter to inform me after waiting many months, that humidity in my home caused it, I can hire their inspector at my expense, use your own extra flooring for the repair...etc...etc. My contractor believes that because these floors are made under such high pressure that these boards somehow are defective form the beginning , and are now swelling up. As I said one board along a bad one is still perfect so it proves water did not get in there otherwise both sides would be bad. If normal humidity conditions were causing it to swell, then the product is not quality at all and should not be sold in humid climates.

The gal that was the customer service rep (Maria R) sounded like she was 13. She giggled during the entire interview and was clearly reading from a prepared question list and had to correct herself many time...with a giggle of course. There was not professional interaction at all. I knew more about flooring that she did by far. I will never buy another product for LL ever again. The least they could have done was to send me another box of product for my trouble. From now on I will use Lowes or Home Dept for my flooring as I know they stand behind their services from hearing others talk about it. LL is a disgrace, and couldn't even take the time or concern to help with with this matter. We love the floor so much and were devastated when this imperfection showed up. Its right in the middle of the kitchen to where is most visible.

Somehow i felt through this entire process they would give me the standard rejection political answer, which basically says your new floor is SOL and it will cost YOU money if you choose to proceed. I mean 1 box of product and a suggestion of how to fix it would have been the least they could have done. Maybe then they would have had a customer for life. "

This review was modified by nascarlurg2000 on January 31 2015 12:33:00 PM

2015-01-28

"I ordered with Lumber Liquidators 12/17/2014..it is now 1/28/15 and the flooring has not arrived. I have called 3 times and was told 3 different dates, one was today so I called back and they said 2/1/15 but that is only an estimate. This place is a joke. The flooring we ordered was at such a great price Im having anxiety about the quality of the product with all we have been through so far. Not worth the hassle and WAIT. Go somewhere else!!!!"

This review was modified by tammywhitfield on January 31 2015 02:28:18 AM

2015-01-21

"I purchased almost 1100 sq ft of brazillian pecan solid flooring from the Colorado Springs store. The service and follow up I have received from the staff there has been outstanding. They always follow up on their promises and all product was delivered on time. My main sales associate was Matt, and he has been a big help giving advice on the install which I will do myself. Others in the store; Caleb, Dakota and Mike have also been quite helpful to me. I am in the process of aclimation, so I will wrie another review after I install the product."

This review was modified by runconian on January 21 2015 04:37:10 PM

2015-01-15

"BUYER BEWARE!! I bought $2400 worth of flooring from LL in Holly Hills, FL . I was told the delivery would be $125. Later that day Jim the salesman called to say the delivery would be $200. He also promised that the delivery company (a private contractor) would place the boxes INSIDE MY HOME so they could acclimate. The delivery driver arrived and place the flooring in my garage and explained the do not place it in the house and that Lumber Liquidators FREQUENTLY lie to their customers about this issue. Thanks Jim. Now instead of going for my morning walk I can get my workout in moving boxes. I really don't appreciate being lied to."

This review was modified by wjwjawpbwahw on January 15 2015 07:56:04 AM

2015-01-02

"My grandparents ordered their flooring from Lumber Liquidators and received different sizes of stair noses and thresholds compared to the flooring. When we went to the store in Albuquerque, New Mexico we were told that the material was not checked before it was delivered and that we could get two correct sized stair noses today. However, we would have to wait till Wednesday at the earliest for the the other pieces. My family has taken time off of work and come in after work to put in the floors and now we have to wait even longer to put it in because Lumber Liquidators made a mistake. I called the customer service number and they did not seem to care. The most they are doing is shipping the the pieces they messed up on for free. How is it free if my grandparents already paid for the shipping once? Do not purchase your flooring from Lumber Liquidators!!! They boast lower prices, but what they do not mention is the time they will take from you due to their mistakes and the extra money it will cost to fix those mistakes. Please take my advice and use it well. "

This review was modified by KQH12 on January 02 2015 11:28:50 AM

Share Lumber Liquidators's store rating

Lumber Liquidators is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Lumber Liquidators is not a merchant member
Lumber Liquidators does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!