"I had several FedEx deliveries stolen from my front porch in September 2010. That is the first time that has ever happened to me. Of the three companies that I had received shipments from that day, the ONLY company that was not willing to reship was LuggageBase. The other two companies were Magellan's and TravelSmith. Their customer service reps were courteous and happily reshipped my order and took it up with FedEx themselves. The LuggageBase customer service rep was neither helpful nor sympathetic. They begrudgingly took down my information and said I would hear from them within a week. When they did not call me back after a week, I called them and they could not tell me anything that was going on with my claim. Repeat same process. No call from LuggageBase like they said. I had to call them back after a second week. On that second call, they said they would call back within another week to let me know a status. Once again, they did not call me and I called them. After two weeks and them never calling me with a status, they still had no definitive answer on what was happening and they refused to reship. Ultimately they did not refund nor reship. They have cut rate prices and even more cut rate service!!!

"These people are just plain rude. When Fedex failed to pick up my suitcase return when I was out of the country, I emailed asking them to assist me.

This was their reply: "It is your responsibility to take the package to Fed Ex (per our email instructions that we sent you) A different type of Fed Ex label is required in order for Fed Ex to pick up the package at your house (which we don't offer because it is more expensive). You will have to make the necessary arrangements to perhaps have somebody go to your house and take the package to Fed Ex. We cannot guarantee your refund unless the return is done in accordance with our return policy."

"I was searching around for the best price for a pair of "Samsonite XSpace 30" Exp. Spinner" suitcases and I found the best price at LuggageBase.com. They offered free shipping and a free Lowepro Notebook Backpack. After reading some of the comments on this site I was a bit hesitant about ordering from them but then I decided to give it a go and I am not sorry I did. I had only good experience with them. I received a notification quickly after placing the order and when the suitcases shipped. I received the order on Oct 6 and the products have been exactly as described. I will not hesitate ordering from them again in the future."

"I would not order from these guys.
When they heard supplies were running low on certain colors of Eagle Creek HC2 suitcases, they started jacking the price up by $20 everytime I inquired about the merchandise.
They could not even come close to LuggageGurus prices in the first place. Donald at LuggageGuru beat LuggageBase by 25% and he called around to find the color I wanted and shipped it to me immediately.
Stay with LuggageGuru, they follow thru on their orders and do not try to extort money when supplies run low.

"I had misgivings of placing an order after reading customer reviews. They were one of the low cost vendors for the luggage we were interested in. We placed an order late Saturday May 15, 2010 and received confirmation of the order. We decided to use the standard free shipping offered. We checked the order status every day beginning May 17th and began to worry about the order since the status had not changed for 3 days. The morning of May 20th I emailed Luggagebase inquiring as to the status of the order and stated I would block the credit card purchase if they were not able to complete the order. Later that morning I received a reply stating the items have shipped and they supplied the ups tracking numbers. Upon checking with UPS I find the items shipped Wed. May 19 and the expected delivery would be tomorrow May 21. Was I surprised? It appears that LuggageBase had not up dated their system with the shipping information and since they are on the west coast and the items were shipped from the east coast systems were not synced correctly. Needless to say in the end we were will pleased. However, they need to do a better job of keep systems updated and the customer in the loop."

"I would never order from here again. No one answers the phone when you call their 888 number and after about 10 minutes of holding, their line automatically hangs up on you with an abrupt "Thank you. Goodbye." They advertise free returns but they do not include a return label in your shipment nor can you print it from their Web site. The only way I can see that you can receive the supposed free label is to call them. However, they conveniently don't answer the phone. I'm extremely disappointed and will never order from here again."

"I Have nothing but GREAT things to say about luggagebase.com. I ordered an Eagle Creek suitcase and accessories on a Saturday. Before I actually placed the order, I called LuggageBase to ensure they had the item in stock. I received a shipped notice on Monday and the luggage was delivered a day before I expected.
Great service. I would definitely purchase from them again.

"I went ahead and took a risk ordering from this website even though their ratings were abysmal on here.

I was pleasantly surprised by their service! My Travelpro bag came quickly and was brand new. They sent me an email confirming my order and another one the next day when it shipped. I got a great deal on it and I would definitely order from them again.

"Good price, decent shipping, extremely poor client service. All the reviews you read about no response seem to be true. I received my luggage and it was suppose to come with a lock but didn't, I know it is minor but I e-mailed them over two weeks ago and no one has replied."

"I placed my order on 27 December 2006. They told me it was shipped on 02 January 2007. My bag finally arrived on January 24 2007...Thats 21 days. The Postage was stamped as shipped on 15 January 2007. They lied and I will never shop there again."

"I can't deni it has a good price, but they had the worst customer service, in other meaning they don't have it. I make my order on line, Thier site don't have shipping methods other than ground and you have to call to make it faster. so i send them 4 EMAILS and nooo body answear me at all, just a confirmation email confirming my order and after that NOTHING. i made my order in 2/1/2005, and i want to ship it as fast as can where i have to leave states in 7/1/2005 today is 6/1/2005 and didn't get it yet. And I said that many times and no body answear and care about that. and don't know who will take it as a gift after my leaving. now its 10-1-2005 and I left the States and you won't belive that i didn't get it neither recieve even one email telling me anything. I realy don't recomend this company what ever thier prices, and NEVER buy from them again."

modified review This review was modified by ehabctc on January 10 2005 02:48:29 AM

"this place was a joy to deal with, if you call them they actually know about luggage!!!! I had to buy a new piece of luggage because my work takes me around the country every week, and i needed something better, they guided me and i selected a Samsonite 30" upright, what a great choice."

"A month ago I bought an Atlantic Professional office wheeled tote and am very happy with the service. It's not the cheapest price online (by $10), but the other vendor that's got the cheapest price has some not very nice review from customer. I actually got the item in just three days after I ordered it and very happy with their service. Then this past monday morning, I put in the order online at around 10am and ordered an Atlantic Professional 29" Luggage and I received the luggage on Tuesday evening, WOW, What a service. When you order online, they also send you a confirmation of your order right away. I recommend this company if you're looking to buy luggages or bags, again not the cheapest that you can find, but for a piece of mind, I'd rather pay the extra $10 or so"

LuggageBase.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

LuggageBase.com is not a merchant member
LuggageBase.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!