Stores > LovingtheClassics.com

Customer service: Rating 8.19/10 8.19/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.67/10 7.67/10
2017-01-16

My take

"This is the kind of place that doesn't really need my help, or anybody's, on Reseller Ratings, but will get it anyway because they generate such goodwill. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable. The selection is also great, full of hidden gems and a full selection of Criterions, new releases,
and re-emergent obscurities to boot.

This review was modified by uskbegging on January 16 2017 05:45:01 PM

2017-01-12

Holy movie heaven Batman!

"Straight out of the gate how can you give this place less than 5 stars?!?! If you're looking for a movie that they don't have ... Chances are it doesn't exist. Seriously! I popped in looking for a movie ... Very obscure from 1969... And they had it! I went back a week later and they had what I was looking for. A friend asked me to check on an old comedy flick for him ... They had it. They seriously have it all. They have over 20,000 titles and growing. Every genre you could ask for and friendly knowledgeable staff to boot. Word to the wise ... be patient with them. They look/feel bigger than they are. It's just a handful of people, but they will get your movie to you. "

2017-01-02

It is what it is

"They have the best selection I've ever seen of classic movies and tv shows, but shipping and answering emails or a phone call tend to run really slow. I think they need more employees, but maybe they can't afford it or something. I've been in business myself so I know how that goes. Sometimes the work that needs done doesn't add to the bottom line enough to add more people. :/

10 stars

"I love that this place even exists, in a Netflix-subscription era when independent places are going the way of the dodo. I love that it's a small business and not a huge corporate place like Blockbuster or Hollywood used to be. I love that they have a ginormous collection of really obscure stuff that only true movie geeks would know about. I love that all their employees are friendly and helpful. "

Just be patient

"Safe to say, anyone who claims that everything you'd want to see is available streaming hasn't spent much time online. That's where the benefits of LovingTheClassics comes in; there are tens of thousands of films on offer that you didn't even know you wanted to see. Many of them rare, out of print, or only released in foreign markets, never made available domestically or online. An irreplaceable resource, super-informed staff, just a damn great place to discover movies! Shipping does tend to be very slow at times, but your patience will be thoroughly rewarded.

2017-01-01

Glad their memory is better than mine :P

"I am giving this place five stars. I contacted them and described a few scenes from a movie I saw ONCE when I was 17 (I'm 68 now). A couple days later I got an email back and when they mentioned the title and actors it just clicked. They have all sorts of cool documentaries, too.
You should ABSOLUTELY support this AMAZING place.

Worldwide service

"I like that their selection includes region free DVDs. As an international customer it's nice to find US movies that will play overseas. "

Good business model

"This is my favorite place! I am a huge film buff and this place has everything I could ever
ask for... and if they don't, they can get it. Most of the people that work here are incredibly knowledgeable about film. If you're wondering why you should buy a dvd here instead of download a movie, it's because you can obtain rare movies legally without much search effort and without the risk of downloading something else by mistake.It truly is a film buff's heaven and is one of the biggest reasons I love the online film community so much It's the greatest place in the world! They have EVERYTHING!

2016-12-31

GREAT customer service

"This place is a privilege. You get the largest classic movie selection in the entire United States. There is nothing that prevents you from finding any film, ever. I've tried to stump their database many times. I think I've only managed to once (and it may have just been listed under a
different title). If by chance they don't have something available they will kindly direct you to another site that does. Now THAT is customer service!

2016-12-31

Good place to spend your money

"Yay!!! This is the place to go if you are looking for a crazy awesome selection of movies! I mean like the best selection of movies that you will find on any one site. They have DVDs and the occasional VHS tape. If you are looking for something in particular search the site or just email themand ask. One of the best movie places in existence, in my personal opinion.

2016-12-29

All the goodies

"Loving the Classics has it all. I decided to visit the site on a whim one day after seeing this place on yelp. Let me tell you, I was in movie heaven!

2016-12-28

Not good business

"Ordered a movie first part of November, got it December 28th. I did email and requested an update a couple of times and the last time I did (around the first of December0 they asked me if I wanted a refund. I emailed back and said yes then ordered the movie from another company. Never got a refund but I did get the movie. Will not do business with this company again or recommend it to anyone;"

2016-12-27

They should not be allowed to be in business

"I have had a number of troubled orders from them but I have now had enough and wish to warm others about parting with their money. As other reviewers have said they do not answer emails or the telephone so once an order is placed there is nothing one can do but wait and wait and wait in the hope that they actually execute your order. Over 12 months ago I ordered four films, after many months two were delivered, the quality of one is appalling, barely viewable and certainly not worthy of any charge. Indeed, it is so bad one would not even be grateful to have it for free. After 15 months I am still awaiting the remaining two but here is the worst part. Some for or five months ago they sent an email apologising for the delay, advised that they were extending their working day (10am - 4pm) to 8am - 12am and offered another DVD for free as compensation for the wait. Having selected the third DVD they then provide shipment advise and tracking details. Except the tracking link does not work and the DVD's have never arrived. They are either totally incompetent or dishonest, perhaps both. Do not give them your money. "

2016-12-26

nice place nice people

"this place is more than just an Internet retailer. with over 25,000 rare titles, it's more of an archive. I usually look for pretty obscure movies
when and I have yet to be disappointed. the staff is also very knowledgeable, helpful and friendly.

2016-12-26

Exclusive movies & other things

"Show your support, buy films here on a routine basis, peruse their exclusive movies, get a custom t-shirt, heck, just do your holiday shopping here!"

Share LovingtheClassics.com's store rating

LovingtheClassics.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

LovingtheClassics.com is not a merchant member
LovingtheClassics.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!