Stores > LovingtheClassics.com

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.77/10 4.77/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.52/10 5.52/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.52/10 4.52/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

"What can I type that might not seem nothing but grateful nor flattering, considering the
w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l way Loving the Classics staff has treated this -1- request.
The order number is 100023967 of August 6, last year in the crest wave of summertime:-
A Dangerous Woman, 1929
Broken Hearts of Broadway, 1923
Dangerous Curves, 1929
All Night, 1918
The 1929 version of Dangerous Curves was unavailable and may be a lost film.
Happy Ending, tho' was the marvelous fact that the other titles arrived on schedule, on time.
Franck Kato, a very, very, very satisfied afficionado of anything silent
or early sound film.

"I was somewhat hesitant about purchasing anything from Loving The Classics based on some other ratings but I had been looking for the old movie Air Cadet for a long time and it had never been released through normal channels. As a 60 year old black and white movie I wasn't expecting HD quality but the overall quality was quite good."

"I ordered a DVD of the public domain movie, Argentine Nights (1940) starring the Ritz Brothers and the Andrews Sisters. I actually thought that the grade of the movie would not be very good since it is an old movie, but the quality of the audio and video was great. The case and artwork were good. While the shipping time could have been a little faster, the item was packed well and arrived undamaged. Will definitely do business with them again."

"This online merchant has been a godsend for me! As a film historian, finding many of the films I've sought offered by LovingtheClassics.com is little short of a miracle. In the days of VHS, you had to track down copies of obscure films by watching for ads in cinema publications and purchasing them on a "collector to collector" basis, which always felt a bit shady. LovingtheClassics.com offers thousands of films, both studio-issued and public domain, saving a lot of footwork and allowing me to rest assured the films' registered owners aren't pursuing me! This was my third order from them this year, and considering the general lack of demand for these films means each disk is essentially made to order, their production is prodigious. They are good enough to send partial shipments if the order is being delayed, and their prices and shipping fees are very reasonable. One day a week, they offer discounted prices observing a particular star,genre or theme,and one never knows what gems one will find reduced."

"Loving the Classics has a great selection of films that are hard difficult to find. Their order fulfillment time is a little longer, but I imagine part of the reason is that I believe they make copies of their films from their sources as needed, as opposed to always having a ready supply on hand.

I did have some difficulty on a recent order of "My Son, the Hero" which was advertised as the Italian film from 1962-ish, but I actually received a Spanish or Mexican film with a similar but not-quite-same title. This is something I believe they are working to rectify.

The only other negative that I can see is that it is very difficult to get a response from them, whether contacting them through email or phone. But I'm sure they can iron out these problems.

"Collection of rare films that no one else will issue, from varying sources. When there's been a problem, they've addressed it. Wide catalogue. "

"I have made a number of movie purchases from Loving The Classics that were not available from other sources, allowing me to enhance my collection. I am grateful that they make these available and plan to continue dealing with them. "

"I'm writing this review to say that I have been and continue to be extremely satisfied with the professional, exceptional and courteous customer service from LovingTheClassics.com. I deeply and greatly appreciate all of the special offers, discounts and rebates that they have offered me which I have taken advantage of and I also enjoy hearing about their special promotions that they have as well. LovingTheClassics.com has an impressive and amazing library collection of my favorite studio release films and rare films at great prices that I've never been able to find from other stores until I discovered this company. I also want to add that LovingTheClassics.com was kind enough to offer to send me a replacement film when the film that I had originally ordered was discontinued and no longer available which I greatly appreciated. I would definitely purchase my favorite rare and studio release films again from this company and would definitely recommend LovingTheClassics.com to all of my friends and family as well."

"I have undertaken the project of watching all the movies ever nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture. Finding some of the really old movies has proven a challenge. I heard about Loving the Classics on IMDB, and decided to check it out. Honestly, some of the reviews were not stellar, but the movie I wanted was on sale for just $7.50, so I decided to take a leap of faith, and I ordered "State Fair" from 1933. Loving the Classics was one of the few places I could find to order this old movie. I received the movie in a couple of weeks. The quality of the movie was clear, and the sound was perfect. I will definitely be ordering from Loving the Classics again."

"I have used Loving the Classics a number of times over the past few years and am most satisfied with the company and the dvds. There has been a few occasions when my order has not been in stock, but after I emailed them expressing my concerns of its whereabouts, I was reassured that they would send me my order as soon as it was in and ready to dispatch. I did not mind waiting and about a month later my dvd's finally arrived in the post. I have not had any trouble playing the dvd's and all the cases have been in good condition. The printed covers are not fantastic but that dose not really bother me. The film quality varies, but that is understandable from such old movies that have not seen the light of day for goodness knows how long. I would say: If you are looking for an old movie give them a try. They have come up with some gems!! "

This review was modified by firewheel on November 18 2015 03:44:06 AM

"Have purchased several videos from LovingtheClassics.com Have always been satisfied with their customer service in responding to any problems that may occur with my order. Will keep ordering from them - their prices are great and you can find dvds on their website you can't find elsewhere."

This review was modified by Retiredsecmgr on November 18 2015 10:00:01 AM

"I ordered and paid for a DVD and when it arrived it played without any sound - not much use in a musical film! I returned it and asked for a refund. Instead, you sent me a replacement which also played without sound! (A copy of this same film I managed to buy from a different source plays beautifully!) Again I returned it and asked for a refund. You don't reply to my emails and you haven't refunded my money. What do I have to do! Maybe I'll try telling all my friends on Facebook and Twitter to avoid you like the plague!"

This review was modified by annkt33 on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

"I love this store! They provide their customers with movies that are super hard to find. Communicating with them is super easy!"

"Placed on order on August 20th for 2 DVDs and have never received anything. Telephone calls are answered by a recording and messages left never receive a response. E-mails through their website go unanswered, Now that I have been dumb enough to order from these people, I find that the internet is full of complaints. I'm surprised that the credit card companies continue to accept business from this company. Any positive review of this company MUST be viewed as bogus or written by a company shill."

This review was modified by LTRaley on October 01 2015 07:47:10 AM

"11th + 15th Sept, 2015 Paid/ ordered DVDS: still not received: 25th, Sept. No receipts/ invoice numbers received, so far. My emails querying ETA went unanswered. However, swiftly received email from 'Heather' asking why I haven't purchased other 'in cart' items. Emailed 'Heather': told her perhaps I'll purchase those items when they've supplied my original orders and rely to my emails. They've yesterday, supplied USPostal Service tracking number. However when I check that: there's NO input supplied after 22nd Sept? bad vibes about this mob. I'll not deal with 'em again."

This review was modified by dannytomkins46 on September 25 2015 02:45:09 AM

Share LovingtheClassics.com's store rating

LovingtheClassics.com is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

LovingtheClassics.com is not a merchant member
LovingtheClassics.com does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!