• LovingtheClassi

Product & services pricing Rating 7.12/10 7.12/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.07/10 6.07/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.29/10 7.29/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.36/10 6.36/10

"I am pleased with the service of LovingtheClassics.com.

Even before I ordered any DVDs from them, I sent inquiries about running times and qualities of several films, and found the staff pleasant and willing to do the research and get back to me. Finally I decided to try one of their products, the 1939 film Hotel Imperial. I'm glad I did.

Though the LovingtheClassics site, along with the IMDb and Leonard Maltin, mistakenly lists Hotel Imperial as being only 67 minutes in length, the actual running time of the DVD that LovingtheClassics has for sale is over 79 minutes in length. This appears to be the full and uncut film; at any rate, it is likely the fullest version you wlll find anywhere.

The DVD-R image shakes a little bit during the credits, but once the movie starts it is stable. The picture is clean, with only minor flaws typical of older films, and the sound is good. It was not at all unpleasant to watch. It is rated as a "B" quality print rather than an "A" print by LovingtheClassics, but if this is an example of their "B" quality, I would not hesitate to buy one of their "B" prints again, and their "A" quality prints must be very good indeed.

The DVD keep case is a full-sized case such as you would get with a Fox or Warner DVD. It is solidly built with a good hub to hold the DVD. The front cover has a small image from an original advertising poster, and the back cover has a short plot summary, abbreviated cast list, and the running time (which in this case is wrong, as the film runs 79 minutes, not 67, as mentioned above).

The DVD was sent out about 7 to 10 days after the order was placed, and the mailing time from the US to Canada was not long -- only about a week, maybe less. A courtesy e-mail was sent to me the day the product was shipped, which was appreciated. My total wait was less than three weeks, and that is fine with me; I don't expect Amazon-level speed from independent small specialty companies that manufacture rare products on demand. I would rather they took to the time to burn a good DVD and/or quality check the DVD, and package it well.

The packaging was good and the case and DVD were undamaged on arrival.

I wanted to post this review because several other reviewers were complaining about long waits or products not arriving, and I wanted people to know that my experience was exactly the opposite: LovingtheClassics gives helpful and thorough responses to inquiries about the products; provides acceptable delivery speed and lets you know when your package is on the way; uses good DVD cases and ships in solid packaging; and tells the truth about the image and sound quality of its DVD-Rs.

I love old films, and for some films LovingtheClassics is the only supplier, so I expect I will one day buy from them again. I will do so without hesitation.

" I HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED MY ORDER, WHICH NEEDS TO COME FROM U.S.A. I EXPECT THAT IT WILLARRIVE SOON."

"I placed an order a month ago, sent 3 emails and left 3 voice mails and I still don't know whats what. I ordered 5 movies and gave my information as requested, all this time and my order still says pending, pending for what? Pending for how long? Will I get my order? Do I need to re-order, I am really interested in these movies and I love the old classics."

"I was concerned at first because I hadn't received any confirmation of my order. I sent an e-mail to customer service and waited for a reply. Soon after that I got an e-mail saying my movie was on it's way. The film was in excellent condition and I was so happy to see it again! Thanks "Loving The Classics" for making it possible to find so many movies!!! "

"As always, LTC delivers "Johnnie on the spot." THANKS."

"One of my favorite movies."

"My recent purchase attempt was a total disaster!
My two orders from "LovingtheClassics.com" were never delivered. And, when I sent inquire e-mails, they were never answered. I don't know what kind of business operation the company is trying to run, but as far as I'm concerned, it stinks! I have purchased a great many dvds in the past with other companies, but I assure you, that, "Loving the Classics" you will NEVER receive another order from me.

"DVDs came in good time and the quality is very good. Great service!"

"I placed my order on April 2. It seems the product wasn't shipped until after I asked for the status of my purchase. The shipment tracking order showed no transit scans for several days after I purchased a DVD.
On April 14 I sent an email asking for the status. I did not receive a reply, but later that day transit scans began to show.

"I am still waiting for parts of my orders but the over all service is very good. I like that you keep me posted on the progress of m y order. Thank you."

"Order was placed 3 weeks ago, and still has not been delivered. Movies were supposed to have been my wife's Easter basket. Previous orders were delivered promptly and quality of videos was good. "

"I ordered a DVD from Loving the Classics on Feb. 18 and it never arrived. U.S. Postal service tracking showed that it was delivered to an American address on Mar. 11, although I live in Canada. I initiated a dispute with PayPal who ruled in my favour and I will be receiving a refund. I doubt very much that I will ever order again from Loving the Classics."

"I was able to find two very old movies that I was not able to locate anywhere else. One was Very obscure. I really appreciate the movie library at Loving the Classics. "

"I placed an order on 3/3/2015 and paid for it by PayPal and have not yet received it or any status updates. I have sent 3 emails to the company without any response. "

"It is not a "good" copy, but it is 100% better than what Amazon offers, which I bought, then returned months ago, along with many others according to the reviews. I find you copy acceptable due to what is available. You can also make out what is being said and see all the images, even if they are not sharp. I'll keep this copy until they remaster this great movie. Thanks."

Share LovingtheClassics.com's store rating

LovingtheClassics.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

LovingtheClassics.com is a merchant member
LovingtheClassics.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,838 merchant members.