Stores > Lorimer Electronics
  • Lorimer Electro

Voice your opinion! Review Lorimer Electronics by clicking a star below.
2010-09-11

"They canceled my order and stole my credit card information."

2009-12-28

"This company substituted a cheaper product and after 40 days have not adjusted my credit card. I have sent them 6 emails asking them to make the adjustment and they have promised two times to do so. I would caution anyone against doing business with this company."

2009-12-14

"Fraud!!! Don't deal with them. They are cheaters. I ordered and paid for 2 canon lenses on September 23 2009. They shipped nothing and refused to refund my money. They were selling items that they don't have. It is impossible to talk to them: they always lie and promise to solve the problem in 2-3 days. And they simply ignore emails. It continues for 2 MONTHS already. I filed complaints in BBB, IC3 and NCL. So, now I'm going to court to sue the thieves. AVOID - THIS IS FRAUD!!! SCAM!!!"

2009-12-09

"I placed an order for a Canon camera in November. They made me call to confirm my order. At that time, they told me that it was strongly recommended that I buy an additional warranty because the camera was shipping from overseas and only came with an overseas warranty that would not be valid in the US. (when in fact, it was coming from Canada and the US and Canadian warranty are the same from Canon). So then I hadn't received a shipping notification after about a week and a half, and they sent me another email telling me I had to call to verify the order (thought I had already done that at this point) They AGAIN tried to sell me another warranty, and I told them AGAIN I did not want to purchase an additional warranty for $30. So they said it was in stock and would ship within the next couple days (luckily I wasn't in a hurry to get this!). Then about 5 minutes after that conversation, they emailed me telling me the item was no longer available and to call them if I had any further questions. Yeah- I had a further question- WHY DID YOU TRY TO SELL ME A FRAUDULENT WARRANTY AND THEN LIE ABOUT MY PRODUCT BEING IN STOCK? I would never deal with these people again. They also questioned me why my billing address was different from my shipping address. Why does it matter? And from what I remember, they dont give the address on the website and I find that very shady. Please everyone- save yourself from the hassle and order your electronics elsewhere. "

2009-12-01

"I placed this order on October 27. It's now December 2 and I still can't get anyone there to tell me where my order is or when I'll receive it. The website promises products will ship within 24 hours of placing the order ... it's been more than 24 days. I've called the seller multiple times now - I've been told it'll arrive within two weeks ... two weeks ago. I've been promised an emailed UPS tracking statement, but it hasn't shown up. And just today I called at 2:45 (in CA) and was given the complete brush off because "where are you calling from? it's after 5pm (in NY) so everyone has gone home already" so John couldn't even check the computer to see my order information, much less shipping tracking. I'm such an optimist that I'm still hoping to receive my products, or to at least receive a refund, but I'm also starting to research consumer actions and legal recourse."

2009-11-12

" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCAMMERS - DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I ordered my 100mm macro lens, they stated there was a plastic and metal ring mount version. I opted for the metal and paid the extra funds, recieved the lens and it was no diffrent! Called Canon to verify, they had no lens with a plastic mount. Called this company back, they changed their story to something about a warranty overseas. BE CAREFUL, they will not refund your money"

2009-10-29

"I bought and received my purchase from Lorimer Electronics I was very satisfied with their service. I received exactly what I ordered and very quickly. I would definitely buy again."

2009-10-19

"Currently not available. "

This review was modified by AlieS2 on October 21 2009 04:20:02 PM

2009-10-19

"NO NOT ORDER FROM THIS VENDOR. They called me a couple of days after placing the order to say the model I ordered is a japanese model with no US warranty information. For an extra $60, I could get the US version, which I chose to do. That was over two weeks ago. They called last week to say it was shipping that day. I am still waiting for the camera lens I ordered. Nothing but runarounds. STAY AWAY FROM THIS VENDOR."

2009-10-18

"Ordered on 10/4. No news for a week. Eventually spoke with someone who said the model I ordered is discontinued and that I should get a newer model...for more. When I asked to cancel, they tried to bargain on the price. I eventually canceled.

Judging from previous reviews, Lorimer seems to have some recurring truth-in-advertising issues. And of course I wasted about 10 days to find this out--also typical. Don't reward such businesses with your money.

2009-10-15

"Wonderful experience very helpful will definately buy again"

2009-10-14

"DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!!!! ABSOLUTELY 100% SCAM!!! I ordered a 65" Sharp LCD TV on 6/18/2009 that was supposed to ship directly to my customer. They charged my credit card $3,149.87 the same day as the order. About a month later i find out they never shipped the TV. By this time i have already received my credit card statement and paid for it in full. I could be mistaken, but isn't it illegal to charge someone's credit card without the service actually being performed first??? Anyhoot, I called and was told that the TV was discontinued. No problem, please refund my credit card and i will buy the TV somewhere else. It is now 10/14/2009 and i am still trying to get a refund!!!! All they do is lie. I have been calling everyday for the last 2 weeks and I am told a check will be sent out tomorrow. I have contacted the BBB and will be contacting the FBI and my credit card company tomorrow. Avoid these people (Sam, Frank and Howard) like the plague!!!!! They will steal your money."

2009-10-12

"What a scam. Ordered 9/16, got an email on 9/22 to call them, they said product is backordered and will be in in a week. Got another email asking me to call ASAP on 9/26; they asked if I would take a different color camera..I said yes. They said I would receive it in 7-10 days. I called on 10/12 to check and they said it is still not in, I asked where that left me and he said sorry and said he would "let management know" and hung up. I then got an email that said my order was cancelled. This was for a prize for a Cub Scout, now I am left with nothing...NEVER SHOP HERE!!"

2009-10-09

"Placed an order a week ago and have not heard a word from them about the order or when it will ship. Sent them an e-mail 2 days ago asking for an update and I have yet to hear a response from them. I guess they must be doing too well to worry about processing my order. Ordered the same stuff from buy.com and Newegg.com and got everything with free shipping in two days. Don't waste your time with these guys. "

This review was modified by gregvee on October 09 2009 11:03:12 AM

2009-10-06

"After four days, this company has not sent a shipping confirmation nor charged my card, making it appear that noone is actually there. I find it sad that the only way to contact this company is only through the phone number in their order confirmation email, and though they claim it is toll-free, it is not - not to mention the fact that noone will answer the phone."

Share Lorimer Electronics's store rating

Lorimer Electronics is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Lorimer Electronics is not a merchant member
Lorimer Electronics does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!