Stores > Living Social

Product & services pricing Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10

2016-10-04

I had a great experience

"Maybe I am the exception here but I was very satisfied with the car detailing I got for $30. The business was professional and did a good job. I made one call to set up the appointment and it was done the next day. "

2016-09-15

At your own risk!

"I paid for airport limousine ride, tried to schedule online the week prior bu5 received no confirmation. I called and left 2 messages with urgent to get confirmed day and time for pick up. I only got VM. Living Social also did not answer phone. So i get another ride and as we pull away from my house theres Transgap limo coming to pick me up. But they don't call to tell me they've arrived, just sit there to rack up waiting charges and call me an hour later. So now they claim my voucher has been USED and will not offer me online refund option. I will tell others to avoid both Transgap and Living Social. I also think they are going under so not answering phones."

This review was modified by Twogoodnees on September 15 2016 06:03:16 AM

2016-08-29

do NOT use Living Social

"What a horrible company and horrible experience. My voucher was good for $32. That paid amount was NOT expired. However, the restaurant went out of business. Many of the restaurants that use Living Social are likely barely in business....or they wouldn't need to use Living Social.

You cannot email, so be prepared to call. However, their call center is only open during normal east coast business hours and the hold time is 40 mins (although they will tell you 20 mins, which will really infuriate you when it's twice that). So be ready to use your entire lunch break to call them.

Then I talk to someone who acted like she was annoyed that she had to take calls. She was not helpful and acted like I was a pain in her **** the entire time. She would not put on a supervisor or manager, because she said they don't get on phones.

This crappy, barely surviving, piece of crap company likely hires people for so little and works them so hard, that they get the most unskilled and then unhappy employees there are. Walmart has nicer employees.

I am taking them to small claims court. I suggest everyone does this with every big business that screws with them. I took Verizon to small claims court. It took a bit of my time. But they had to fly someone from their legal dept from California to Denver twice, and pay for her hotel and food. And then I won half the case and got $850 and terminated my contract early with no penalty. And it cost them far more than it cost me in terms of time to go through the process.

When it's the principle of the thing....do it.

2016-08-22

Can't get a hold of the vendor and Living Social support wait time is 30 minutes!

"My experience with Living Social is horrible. I purchased 2 house cleaning deals as gifts. The deal seemed great. Too good to be true. Nobody answers the phone at the cleaning company. When the voicemail picks up, it says it is full. When we finally got someone on the phone and scheduled the appointment, they cancelled the day of.

I tried to call Living Social customer support to let them know and the wait time was between 15-30 minutes to talk to someone. Who has the time to wait? There is no way to give feedback online. Will not use Living Social again.

2016-08-08

Awful experience from Living Social

"Worst online commerce company I've ever experienced. I bought a bluetooth fitness tracker bracelet with $24.99, which livingsocial claimed the value was $129.99. Ironically, later on I found the same product was sold at less than $10 in many other websites. They just don't allow you to cancel the order once you click on the purchase button. Even you connect with them shortly after the purchase. I have to call customer service to return it.

A few days I received my item. It looks old and cheap. After I returned the item with return label and confirmed that it was delivered, I never receive any refund.

Customer service almost doesn't exist. I called them 8 times. Each time waited 30-60 minutes, and was only be able to talk to representative one time. I would not use Livingsocial any more. They just don't know how to provide a good service and cheat you with low quality product.

2016-06-27

LivingSocial is Living a Lie

"After purchasing a Sam's Club membership from LivingSocial I was unable to activate it because they did not send me a voucher number. Easy fix? NO! After being on hold for 1 hour, then again the next day for ANOTHER HOUR, I cannot find any actual human to talk to me nor can I leave a message, email or otherwise. So I can just cancel, right? NO! Because the Sam's Club membership cannot be cancelled. How can a business just blatantly take your money with no intention of providing a product or service? All I want is my Sam's Club membership. It's not like I hired a gypsy to pave my driveway. Oh, wait it IS kinda like that.......Stupid me."

This review was modified by prepschool5 on June 27 2016 07:33:05 PM

2016-06-17

Living Social--the most unsocial company ever

"Terrible company. I purchased two vouchers to a local event. Instructions say to enter voucher numbers on the event web site to get tickets. Voucher numbers came back as invalid. Called Living Social and, after a 20 minute hold, they told me it would take two weeks to resolve the problem. The event was in two days. They refused to do anything else. I called again later in the day and, after a 30 minute hold, reached someone who agreed there was a problem and promised to call me back by the following morning. She didn't call. Called a third time, waited 45 minutes, only to reach the first person I had spoken to. She kept repeating that it takes two weeks to resolve. The event is now tomorrow. I don't know whether to go and see if they will accept the Living Social vouchers, buy new tickets from the event sponsor and try to get a refund from Living Social, or forget the whole thing. The Living Social representative repeated several times that the fee I paid is non-refundable so getting a refund will take some doing. The event is an hour away so, if the vouchers aren't accepted, I'll end up wasting lots of time and money (parking, gasoline, bridge tolls). Living Social doesn't care! The bottom of the barrel."

2015-06-15

"Not happy, I was triple charged I showed proof from bank statement. After 1 year they still owe me 99.00 dollars. "

This review was modified by L.Agar on June 15 2015 09:29:42 AM

2015-05-31

"This is my second review. After writing to customer service many times, and after having written a damning review (my first), Living Social did refund what I paid for my order. Therefore I want to amend what I wrote, to say that they do honour their orders eventually, and that the crap they bring in from China may arrive many weeks later, but don't hold your breath. The young man who fields these e-mails has to have a thick skin because it's not his fault that screw-ups occur. "

2015-05-10

"I must say Living Social, hands down one of my first in App World. I also think that if anyone is looking for one of the most amazing trips and you just don't have maybe the funds for it I would deathly suggest going to LivingSocial it has local events in your area that has events going on in like romantic getaways for the weekend a nice hotels I recommend the Renaissance the Hilton brand they have probably the best standards as far as the other hotels... how to keep their rooms clean!? Lol ???? Trip Advisor also has the competitive Skills with consistency being their main Motto. I'm currently booking a trip and trying to decide lasts minute which reviews yield the best results in this Go Get 'Em Day And Age! Both offer real time chatting if you have an IPhone 6 or 6+ Siri does the bidding for ya! I'm Quite empressed with the way Online Apps can figure out from your phone's search querie and suggest two prominent choices so you're able to view sand get a Better description of the events. I'll keep you posted on my One Day Adventure and the successor of the two! Most Importantly I'd like to wish Every Single Mother A Happy Mothers Day, without you , Life and the Simple Treasurable Moments We Know Would Not Exsist. To Every Mother We Love You! Love you Mommy! I'll Be in Chicago Soon!!!????????????????????"

This review was modified by Universe9000 on May 10 2015 10:54:23 AM

2015-01-07

"I bought a voucher from Living social for IPL for a significant amount and the beautician kept cancelling my appointments. as I already had the patch test they were refusing to give me a refund unless I got approval from the beautician who no doubt never answers her calls. Finally I got in contact and she told me that she already told living social if I pay £15 for the patch test I can get a full refund. 5 lengthy phone calls to Living social about this and not once did they mention I had this option when I was clearly distressed about the situation.

PLEASE READ: Daily deals is a dying industry. Most companies are surviving based on cash they gathered from their golden years however the reality is, companies are being scammed and fewer are signing up each year. Therefore the companies they put on the site are reducing in quality. Don't think you can trust the company because living social trusts them. They don't care. They are a sales led organisation and sales is all they care about. The staff in customer care simply have guidelines to follow and aren't allowed to think for themselves to sort out these issues.

I am cancelling my living social account and I can only encourage others to do the same. Its a good concept but obviously hasn't got the right brains behind it at the moment to keep its customers satisfied.

This review was modified by ChristinaJane31 on January 07 2015 05:19:47 AM

2014-10-03

"I purchase 2 set of sheets from Living Social they mailed it to a different address they will not refund my money***** :{ Do not buy from Living Social******they are Scammer "

2014-08-29

"not impressed at all, got tickets for the Shakespeare Express steam train to Stratford only to find it fully booked, no one will refund as they did offer us a seat there but to return on the next train within 1/2 hr, so we wouldn't be able to even get out of the station before we were back on the train, complete and utter waste of money, Shakespeare Express just as unhelpful."

2014-08-11

"WARNING!!! Don't buy from this place!!! EVERYTHING I HAVE BOUGHT FROM THEM HASNT BEEN ABLE TO BE REDEEMED!!

Online course: code didn't work, company won't respond, living Social say it's not their problem

Day Spa: closed down, couldn't redeem, living social say it's not their problem

Restaurant Dinner: voucher not valid and they never had a deal with living social, living social say it's not their problem

Pet Product: email requesting an addition $13 for delivery, living social say it's not their problem

I've also been charged by them for items I didn't buy! Living social say I must have bought them and not their problem!!

There have been too many issues to list! I CANT BELIEVE THEY HAVNT BEEN SHUT DOWN YET BUT ONLY A MATTER OF TIME!

DODGY COMPANY

This review was modified by AlySp on August 11 2014 12:15:19 AM

2014-07-13

"I bought the anti snore guard for my husband (Snore-Free Nights (from www.stellawhite.co.uk). It was terrible! Large tough and too big to keep in your mouth without gagging! Living Social wouldn't refund and neither would Stella White. I will never buy anything through Living Social again!

This review was modified by KEF12345 on July 13 2014 01:16:29 PM

Share Living Social's store rating

Living Social is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Living Social is not a merchant member
Living Social does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!