Living In Comfort Reviews - livingincomfort.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 4.00/10 75 reviews

Living In Comfort is not a merchant member
Living In Comfort does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"I placed an order for a sofa and chair and a half on February 14, 2014. I have received nothing but a run around from the company as to when I am going to receive it. It was supposed to ship two weeks ago, they gave me a tracking number that didn't even exist. Then it was stated that the furniture was shipping this Wednesday, yesterday, and I would receive the tracking number. Well no tracking number and again no idea when the furniture is going to ship. My credit card was charged the instant I placed the order. I canceled the order today and was told I should see my money in 2 - 3 business days. All I can say is, this better be the truth. I am done with being tossed around and being lied to on a daily basis for the last two weeks. When I placed the order, I was told my furniture would be delivered in 10 days. Far cry from 6 weeks and still no furniture! "

modified review This review was modified by rhsuzrich on March 27 2014 11:22:31 AM

"i placed an order for 2 chairs on Dec. 17th. My credit card was immediately charged. A few promised delivery dates in January never happened. On Feb. 3rd was told the chairs were back ordered. The order was cancelled on that date and I received an email that in 3-5 business days my credit card would be credited. This never happened. Customer service would say credit WAS APPPLIED AND referred me to the accounting depatment. They only let you leave a message. Not once did they email or return my phone call. They had all information including order number and credit card number. customer service keeps referring you to accounting supervisors Victor and Josh. Great supervisors who never call you back. This company is a joke. I have finally stopped calling and disputed the charge thru my credit card company.Way too many hours on the phone leaving messages and no one ever calls back. They sure are quick to take your money. They have had mine for over 3 months!!!!"

"DO NOT SHOP HERE!

I ordered bunk beds with a trundle on Nov. 11. I placed the order with this company because they said they were "In Stock" and "Ship in 1-2 weeks". Within that time, I called and mad a slight change to the order, being told it would only change the ship date by 2 days. After that new ship day came and went I called and was told the manufacturer delayed the order and now it wouldn't ship until 12/11, with it arriving 12/18. I specifically placed this order in time to have the beds here and set-up for the holidays since I'm hosting my whole family and need the beds for my nieces that will be here. At this time, I'm disappointed but can still make it work. Now, today is 12/11, I tried calling and emailing the ALL DAY yesterday, just to MAKE SURE everything was still on schedule. NO ONE REPLIED TO ANYTHING. So, I started my day today with a phone call and someone answered, as they went to track my order I was "disconnected". When I tried to call back no one answered for about 20 tries! FINALLY, someone decided to pick-up and told me that my order had been further delayed, now it wasn't even going to SHIP until 12/18 and arrive AFTER Christmas. The company never once decided it would be a good idea and contact me to let me know about any of this. I AM LIVID!! I cancelled my order with them and now all I can do is try to stop others from making the same mistake I did DO NOT SHOP HERE! Oh, and a=on top of all of that, they double charged my credit card for the initial order as well.

modified review This review was modified by maryannd on December 11 2013 11:05:13 AM

"Horrible. Paid in full when I purchased. Was told the couch would arrive and at the end of July. August came and I had to call them to find out that it would be another 2 months. Cancled the order and refund never came. It took American Express 2 months to get my money back. Please don't make the same mistake I made. This company is great until they have your money then they bye bye customer service. "

modified review This review was modified by mvnup2 on October 29 2013 06:09:24 AM

"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I had to file a claim through BBB, and my bank to have my money refunded to my account. This was after SEVERAL attempts to resolve this matter directly with the company. Basically, I was charged for an item I never received. When I requested my money be refunded, I received an email statiwound account would be refunded within 3 days. This simply never happened! I did not receive an apology from this company for the inconvenience they caused. Please heed to my warning and stay away from this company!"

modified review This review was modified by RCJSimmons on September 08 2013 06:08:38 AM

"Horrible company. Had the same shipping and customer service issue with "jenny". I do a lot of shopping online through folks and this is up there with the top TWO Worst events ever. Placed and order, was immediately charged, and the item did not ship for over a month. In customer serive chat regarding shipment of item, Jenny just left the conversation... no leaving cues or anything. Also sent numerous emails with no response. Considering how much the website touts customer service this is appaling. please do not use this site to purchase anything."

modified review This review was modified by livingincomfortishorrible on June 25 2013 11:49:04 AM

"I purchased a rocking chair from living in comfort. Stephanie helped me with my order she was very helpful and pleasant and informative. I received my chair 3 weeks later and I love it. My wife and I are very pleased with our shopping experience. I would recommend Living in Comfort to anyone that is looking for old fashion good hearted customer service."

modified review This review was modified by Lancaster42 on May 18 2013 01:17:44 PM

"I ordered a lovely living room set from Living in Comfort , the representatives their were wonderfull as they helped me with my order and answered all my questions. The furniture looks beautiful in my living room , I would recommend Living in Comfort to any one looking for quality products. They left me extremely satisfied with there customer service."

modified review This review was modified by Christine114 on March 06 2014 01:10:05 PM

"Total scam... I should have searched google first before placing an order of three bar stools. Basically the story is very similar to many of those below. Ordered bar stools a few weeks ago. On the web site it says "fast shipping, 5-7 business days": http://www.livingincomfort.com/mm35232.html
No email received. Contacted the customer service. Person named Jenny replies with a scripted response of 'thank you and sorry and they will be shipped after another 10 days.' I wait again, nothing happens, and the story repeats. I am not going to call the manufacturer as another customer below did, because the story so far exactly matches his/her. Rather, I will make sure I get my money back, because apparently others did not.

"I just would like to say I am totally impressed with this Living In Comfort company! WOW! I put in my order on a Wed and Wed of the following week it was delivered! I was a little leary about ordering via internet but Josh informed me via email from day one. Also Jenny who I put the order via cc over the phone to her. I am so impressed with this company. I used to live up in Gaithersburg MD so I am familiar with the area. Josh and Jenny were absolutely the best in keeping me informed. A rock solid twin over twin bunk beds. The Columbia Collection from Atlantic Furniture. Order from this company, "Livingincomfort.com" You will not be disappointed!! they get a 5 STAR rating from me.
UPDATE! My son put this bunkbed set together and it is so Beautiful!! Solid rock wood, My grandkids love it! Josh thank you so much for keeping on top of things. Excellent customer service!

modified review This review was modified by emcabral on April 16 2013 02:03:57 PM

"WOW! Great product but even better customer service....not only was Jenny fantastic, but I know she really cared about my order. I will be a return customer for sure!"

"TOTAL SCAM!!!!!! I ordered a piece of furniture back in February that was advertised as quick ship 2 to 3 weeks. it's now been 4 weeks and no sign of furniture or shipping date. I have been in contact with living in comfort and was told in a recorded chat to expect item the week of the 25th. I decided to call the manufacturer of the furniture and found out the item has not been paid for by LIC. The manufacturer did not realize I was the customer and actually thought I was a rep from LIC. when they learned I was the customer they said they were not supposed to tell me that info. I literally caught them red handed. the manufacturer has my item still sitting in there warehouse because living in comfort has not paid for it but
they charged my credit card on same day I ordered. I have recorded info of a complete lie. for some reason I am giving 1 last chance for LIC to fulfill the order but I'm starting the dispute process now cause I have a feeling I'm not getting my order. I will update this if I ever get the product

update. never received the item. cutting ties with this horrible online retailer. so now I'm sure ill have to wait a while for a refund. I started dispute with credit card. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!

new update. jenny from LIC told me I would receive a full refund. 10 days later no refund. they still have over $2000 of mine. it is now April 6th. order was place on February 25th. how is this company not shut down!!!!

April 14th. new update. scam artists still have my money. it has been almost 2 months since I placed my order and no product or refund jenny promised I would receive. I can't believe what I've had to go through they just steal your money and don't deliver any 5 star review has got to be fake

April 23rd. new update. these scam artist still have not issued a refund nor attempted to ship anything. I'm am still waiting on dispute with credit card. total nightmare of a company. josh and jenny are the online scammers don't believe the fake 5 star reviews. they even sound fake. A@&holes!!!!!! Shut this company down!!!!!!!!

may 19' 2013. final update. after 3 long months I finally got a refund to my credit card only because I opened a dispute. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! ANY 5 STAR REVIEW IS FAKE. TOTAL NIGHTMARE!! SO GLAD TO BE DONE WITH THESE SCAM ARTIST. DON'T BE TRICKED LIKE I WAS!

modified review This review was modified by Kev77 on May 19 2013 07:41:39 PM

"I had ordered a set of 4 barstools from another company, but that company told me they only had 2 in stock. They didn't want to send me those 2 and then 2 later because they could be from different dye lots, and they told me I'd have to wait about six weeks for all four of them. I wanted them more quickly, so I looked to source the barstools from another company. I found them, at a more expensive price, at Living in Comfort.

I called Living in Comfort and was told explicitly that they had four barstools in stock. So I cancelled my original order and placed the order with Living in Comfort instead.

It turns out they did NOT have the barstools in stock but rather had to place the order with the manufacturer (just like the first company I ordered from, except that the first company was honest about that upfront). They did not give me any update at all until I asked, more than two weeks after I had placed the order. (Of course, I had expected to receive the barstools by then -- why wouldn't I have received them given they were in stock?)

I was told that they would ship the following week -- three weeks after I placed the order. That date came and went, so I attempted to cancel the order. At the time I tried to cancel, I was told that they had already shipped (five days after the promised date, and without a shipping notification from LIC).

I received a call from the freight carrier to schedule an appointment, and they were scheduling *another* week out. So I will have waited two days short of five weeks for barstools I was told were in stock.

I sincerely believe this company misrepresented its stock and its capabilities. I would certainly never order from this company again. I have not yet seen the actual product, but based on this service, I have serious questions about their customer service even if the product is perfect.

"I have purchased two Catnapper lift chairs from Living in Comfort, the first on Jan 21, 2013 and the second on Jan 31, 2013. The first chair arrived quickly while the second took somewhat longer. The first chair developed a small problem that was quickly resolved at no additional cost. I am very pleased with the outstanding service provided by this company, especially by Josh. In the course of these purchases, e mails were promptly answered - usually within an hour or less. Both chairs were delivered by Manna Distribution Services. I was able to schedule delivery on line and the drivers were very prompt and courteous. The service from Living in Comfort and Manna has been outstanding. Should I have need of any other products provided by Living In Comfort, they will be my first choice."

"I would like to say that my experience with Living in Comfort was surprisingly wonderful. I have never ordered such a large purchase, both financially and physically, online. I had my doubts, but Living in Comfort has given us the most prompt and courteous service. Our delivery went perfect and a few problems were resolved quickly and efficiently. I would recommend Living in Comfort and their staff, especially Jenny, to anyone who is reluctant to buy online. Sincerely, Mrs. Betty Hutchinson"

modified review This review was modified by BettyHutchinson1953 on March 11 2013 04:18:00 PM