Lighting the Web Reviews - Lightingtheweb.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 7.19/10 8 reviews

Lighting the Web is not a merchant member
Lighting the Web does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!

"One word can explain my experience "AWESOME" ! I found the best price with lightingtheweb and my order shipped with in one day. I do a fair amount of internet shopping and have been disappointed in the past. By these folks are AAA plus in my book. Would by from again"

"I have emailed Lighting the Web twice asking for a return authorization, with no response. I tried to call and got a recording "the mailbox is full--please hang up." So far not impressed with customer service.

Update: Finally got through and was told they do not accept returns!

"The customer support provided by Brent at Lighting the Web is beyond outstanding! Their prices are fair and often times better than competitors. Brent even honored a sale price that expired from the previous weekend for me. Also, when I realized a light fixture that I opened 2 months after my purchase had missing parts, I wrote to Brent and within a few days, the replacement parts were ordered and sent via FEDEX to my home! It doesn't get better than this! A++++ "

"Their customer service Brent, went well above and beyond for me. I was trying to find a discontinued light. That no one else seemed to have. He ended up locating one for me. I got a killer price on it and was very impressed with the speed that it came."

"I make nearly 75% of all my purchases online and Lighting the Web has got to be the worst company yet! Nothing NEVER happens like they say...Seven Days Shipping? Don't believe it! I placed an order on July 24...today is September 12 and I still do not have my product! When I look online my order says "processing" and has been saying this for well over a month now! Stay away from this Company!!

Lighting the Web's response was not truthful. I was in the middle of a remodel...if the lighting was out of stock when I tried to purchase it, don't you think I would have chosen another item? Also, I was told the back order would arrive by 8/28...that didn't happen and no one called or emailed. As for emails referenced in their response...I did not get them either. I have my lighting now...very nicely shipped and very good product but customer service is extremely poor. If you have alot of time to wait for your lighting and don't mind calling THEM for updates...it's worth an order but if you expect to order and be contacted if there is a problem with the order shipping when expected...look elsewhere.

"I have been looking for over a year for an outdoor light to match one I already had. Everywhere I looked it was on back order. I found Lighting the Web and ordered it through them. They did tell me that it was a very popular light and had been on back order in the past but they were able to get it for me. I received it about 9 days later, a perfect match to my other light and a better price."

Rating 8/104/5

"Update from previous review (below): I was contacted by LightingTheWeb customer service this week (Aug 8, 2011). It appears they have had some challenges with one of their product providers who indicated to them that they had shipped replacement fans, when in fact, they had not.

LightingTheWeb indicates they have credited my AMEX for the total amount. I appreciate that they took this action.

It does appear that LightingTheWeb was trying to provide good customer service, but that they were being undermined by one of their providers who repeatedly dropped the ball.

I appreciate that ResellerRatings.com and LightingTheWeb.com provided a communication channel to solve this problem.
______________________________

I purchased two ceiling fans from Lighting the Web. After installing the fans, the deep humming sound was terrible. I could literally hear them through the entire house. I called customer service and was promised replacement fans. Nothing came. I sent email follow ups- nothing. I called again and was promised the replacements had indeed been shipped this time. Nothing arrived.

That is when I realized I was simply being played a sucker. I have several others fans from Lowes and Home Depot, and I would recommend you go there and that you not use Lighting the Web. My experience is Lighting the Web has no customer service, but instead just folks who make false promises hoping you just go away as I did.

I buy a lot of products online and this is without question, the worst experience I have had.

"I recieve my chandelier from lightingweb.com. I t cam with damaged glass and they where very helpful in getting me a new piece. The only thing that I did not like is the replacement glass took a little longer than I would have liked it to. But they told me this might be the case and they kept me very well informed"