• Lighting New Yo

"They are fantastic to work with. I am so pleased with the customer service I have received. I ordered a fan from Lighting New York in October. I did not have it installed until February. When I opened the box, the globe was cracked, I called them and they had a new globe out to me in 3 days. After the install, I had two different electricians work on the fan. The first (who did the install) found nothing wrong and the 2nd determined it was not the install, but a problem with the motor making a knocking noise. I contacted Lighting New York and explained the problem to them, and that I had also already thrown away the packaging.

They are honoring the complete warranty even thought it has bad been 5 1/2 months since I made the purchase. It has been less than 30 days since the install. I can't say enough about how happy I am with this company and am telling all my friends to purchase from them. When you buy a product from them you get service and support even thought it is long distance. You are also purchasing quality products. Far better than available at some big box hardware store. You really get what you pay for!

This review was modified by ClaireSan on April 30 2015 11:52:01 AM

"I ordered 2 mirrors that arrived late and damaged. I took photos of the mirrors and boxes and returned the product as requested and now they won't respond back to me regarding a refund. I am turning them into the BBB now and will escalate it from there until I receive a refund. I have no product and am out of pocket $850.00 How can a company stay in business that works this way? They are all about keeping your money and providing no customer service. I would never use them again. Buyer Beware. Look for their products from another websites/companies that care about you and the products they sell."

"Really Really Bad Customer Service. They really do not care for there product after it has been shipped out. They say it is a free return but they will give you a lot of problem. Do not deal with them unless you are ready to argue. To much of a head ache. Spoke to manager and he really is not help full at all. Looks like all they want is there money. STAY AWAY !"

This review was modified by sahmad on January 29 2015 11:00:09 AM

"I was burned by the return policy. I didn't read the fine print and so have a 25% restocking fee plus shipping! I would never order from them again."

"I ordered a very expensive pendant that was about 70% off retail price due to discontinuing stock sale. I was very happy at shipping times and the customer rep who helped me. One of the glass light shades was damaged. They immediately shipped replacement. I should have ordered all my lights from them."

"Be warned of restocking fees in the event of a return. I tried to cancel my order but was told it had just shipped. When I began the return procedure, I was told I had to forfeit the free shipping, pay return shipping and a 25% restocking fee For a Justice Design light. The Justice design website offers free returns so it was an expensive experience to purchase through Lighting New York."

This review was modified by ldad on August 01 2014 02:21:03 PM

"First Time Customer, Had Great Experience: Phone Customer Service was great, price-match policy easily honored and light fixture shipped quickly. Will definitely buy from again!"

This review was modified by PugKC on February 22 2014 11:47:31 PM

"At first I had given them the best review but unfort. good went bad-great price on chandelier - no doubt- lynn took order-very nice but then had nothing to do with it after that even when writing nothing got done-dana took over and tried to help to get the right crystals for very expensive chandelier but kept getting wrong size from manufacture and in end - she says well now they are all cut to order and we are done and that's what your getting and cant return it even though she said she spoke to manufacture who said it was def. the smaller ones I needed!! now I am upset as one in store has thin small crystals -mine are thick and for the bigger version-told manager would call me back but hasn't yet. they seem really nice till they don't want to bother with you anymore then their voice and manner changes! now wish I kept the one I was buying in store-little more money but would have been exactly what I was looking for!lady on phone said please don't change review - a manger will call you back and we will help you-that was weeks ago-"

This review was modified by CUSTOMERG on October 26 2013 07:44:08 AM

"My husband and I are refinishing our basement and had a number of lighting needs (sconces, pool table light, vanity light, etc.). We did exhaustive online research and ultimately arrived at the Lighting New York (LNY) website because of its low prices. While we turned to LNY because of the value it offered, we stayed because of its unprecedented level of customer service. LNY reps were available around the clock; and, not only were they professional, friendly and accessible, they were genuinely interested in providing us a good product at the lowest possible price. Our experiences with the LNY team have been extraordinary across the board; but I feel compelled to single out one individual, Mary-Grace Reardon, for her warm personality, her professionalism and her commitment to exceptional customer service. While I may not have any lighting needs again for many years to come, I will be returning to LNY when I do. It has earned a lifelong customer!"

This review was modified by anonfromHaddam on June 10 2013 12:32:25 PM

"We had an excellent experience purchasing through Lighting New York, and much of our success was the sales/customer service representative, Mary-Grace. She communicated (proactively!), some concerns with us up front, which guided our decisions and helped us pick out the best lights for our home/patio. We went with the Maxim Santa Barbara collection, and even though one product was showing on back order (6-8 weeks out), Mary-Grace and New York Lighting came up with enough to do our patio. Great service, excellent product, and all shipped in good order. Thank you, and a BIG thanks to Mary-Grace!"

"I had a great experience with Lighting New York. I found a chandelier I loved on another site, was shopping around to make sure I got the best price and found the Lighting New York site - their price was higher, but they have 110% price guarantee. I talked to Barbara, and she beat the competitors pricing. Plus I love the free shipping and returns and no restocking fee.

Chandelier arrived in the time frame their promised and all is well. I would definitely order from them again.

"Lighting New York has great product selection, service and prices."

"Absolutely first rate shopping experience and customer service. I saved a substantial amount of money on my purchase in comparison to the half dozen or so other merchants that I had researched and my order was placed on a Saturday and I received all 3 lamps directly from the manufacturer on Tuesday. Lighting New York has a free shipping and returns policy with no re-stocking fee and it was those factors that helped in making my decision. Also, my personal thanks to Wendy Pellagrino for going above and beyond the call of duty to help me in placing my order and for providing me with reassurance in deciding to place the order. She assured me that she would do everything in her power to ensure that I would be happy with my order. Do not hesitate to place an order with Lighting New York - you will not regret it."

"I recently placed an order with Jeannette Stoppiello and she was more than helpful and knowledgeable. With over 20 years in the lighting business, she was able to ask me the right questions and drill down so that I was able to figure out exactly what would work for my lighting needs. She went way beyond what I expected of an online Customer Service Rep. I had read some horror story reviews of online resellers but my experience with Jeannette and Lighting New York was an absolute pleasure and I save considerable money."

"I ordered a bunch of fans from the company and had a great helper. Duane Richardson, Ext 130. I had a problem with a broken fan and Casablanca was giving me a hard time. Duane took care of everything. He intercepted so i did not have to worry or even respond to them. I was moving into a new home and have 2 small children and every time i was going to deal with an issue he had already taken care of it. I am so pleased with his customer service. He kept constant contact and updates with me. He was knowledgeable on fans and helped me in picking the perfect fan for each room and all accessories compatible. I would recommend this company to a friend and even more so would direct them straight to him. I usually dont do reviews but was truely pleased with his customer service."

Share Lighting New York's store rating

Lighting New York is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Lighting New York is not a merchant member
Lighting New York does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!