• LightingDirect.

Product & services pricing Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.88/10 1.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10

"How does any company sell what they do not have? In todays world and advanced technology, there is no excuse not to have real time inventory counts. PayPal forwards this company the money (over $300.00), then a couple days
later, I get emails that one light is no longer available. Found it on Amazon, so I order it to have a matching set. After another few days, they inform me the other light is also unavailable. Still have not had credits from PayPal, but was able to get both fixtures from Amazon, less money and faster shipping. Will never do business with this company again.

This review was modified by alphaomega3 on May 04 2015 10:49:01 AM

"I ordered two pier mounts to go with some lights that I had. When the mounts arrived, they were just tossed into a box with no packing material, and more importantly, no mounting hardware, which in my experience they usually should. I decided to find out if they were supposed to come with the hardware so I logged onto the Live Chat on the LightingDirect website. I asked the customer service agent if these pier mounts come with mounting hardware, and he asked me to hold for a moment while he went to check. He came back a few minutes later and said that they DO in fact come with the hardware. I then informed him that my order I just received did NOT include the hardware. He then told me to hold on for one more moment while he checked, and after only about 10 seconds he comes back and changes his mind and says that they don't come with the hardware... Clearly this company doesn't care about providing honest information to their customers. They will tell you what they want to when it suits them. I will not be buying from them again, they are liars."

"If you are happy to have your credit card charged immediately when you place an order and then wait 4 months for delivery then you should feel very comfortable using this merchant. When I made the purchase delivery was promised for 2 weeks. The delivery date was changed at least 3 times, always just short enough that you would not cancel the order. This is a clear bait and switch. If I would’ve been told at the onset that there would be a 2 month delay, let alone a 5 month delay I would have shopped elsewhere.
This was a $2000 fixture. I feel as though I was deceived and manipulated and as such will never do business with Lghtingdirect.com again. This is substantial as I had just spent $8,000 in the last 18 months. This is not an honest merchant and I would highly recommend LightingNewYork.com as well as CanadaLightingExperts.

This review was modified by kentes on April 10 2015 03:22:49 PM

"Ordered 4 light fixtures - and they went missing during shipping. LightingDirect immediately made it right and we had our product delivered very quickly. Good quality and price - very excellent customer service.
Bill & Janet, Canada

This review was modified by Bill-Janet on March 28 2015 07:50:13 PM

"Purchased a new light fixture, received a repurposed one. Packing was off, and then noticed receipt and packing slip for someone who had purchased my fixture 3 weeks before. Paid a new price, and customer support notes eventually went unanswered when attempting to resolve. That said, the product worked fine in my case."

"Terrible order procedures and customer service. Never will order from them again. Same products elsewhere for same price and better service."

"Had a ceiling fan in my office go bad on me. I ordered a new part fot it, they didn't ship it out and I cancelled that order and bought a new Hunter Fan from lightingdirect.com. I have a lot of experience with Hunter Ceiling fans, they are the best in my view, so I ordered one and the day it got here, I installed it. It is running beautifully and so quiet too. I couldn't beat the price, I shopped around and found this fan for a lot more money at local stores. Finally, the main reason I buy a lot of things on-line is the expediency in their shipping, they had this fan to me nearly before my credit card company could charge me for it, that is pretty incredible. Glad I stuck with Hunter and lightingdirect.com. Al Hintz"

This review was modified by allenhintz on December 14 2014 07:47:08 AM

"2 poch lights purchased, Hinckley lighting 1800, purchsed on November 3, 2014.

We began our search for porch lighting in late October, 2014. Our newly purchased house was built in 1938. The big box stores offered several styles, however, the quality of the materials used in their selections did not meet our expectations for specific design alignment, also we questioned the longevity, of the big box store products, i.e. the brass and or bronze etc. was painted, not the real deal. We were less than enthusiastic. Our canvassing of the internet provided us with a bit of luck. We purchsed 2 porch lights from lightingdirect.com, Hinckley lighting 1800, and the result is appropriate in fulfilling our interest to faithfully restore the pre world war two house that is beginning to resemble our home. Being aware of the styles and quality offered at lightingdirect.com. our future search will be shortened by going directly to their web site.

Sincerely,

Charles Luskin
Ocean City, New jersey

"I recently purchased 3 outdoor light fixtures from lightingdirect.com. Two were OK, but one of them came broken (glass is cracked all the way down the middle) and missing pieces. I emailed customer service about the broken glass/missing parts and they didn't respond. I emailed them again and someone wrote back and apologized for not responding earlier and said she would check with the light supplier and get back to me. Never heard back. Emailed three more times... nothing. Now I have a $300 light fixture that is broken and totally unusable. So, pretty much the worst experience/result possible... THANKS LIGHTING DIRECT! If you are looking for good prices on products that you will never be able to install, this is your company :)"

This review was modified by NickiGE on November 16 2014 10:26:07 AM

"This review is for the business practices at LightingDirect.com/Build.com. I originally was going to review the Maxim undercabinet lights I bought from them at 4 stars, only because the girl I spoke to there actually knew what she was talking about, unlike my other experiences, but after they badgered me to write a review they had the nerve to actually REJECT my positive review - just like other customer's noted below, so it is important for people to know they are sneaky and only post 5 star reviews. Note to company: Don't solicit reviews if you don't want them and waste my time. BTW - here is a copy of their response and my original review so the public at large can see for themselves.
Their response: "Lesley, Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time! "
My original review: Good direct-wire kitchen lights -
I've had these in for several weeks now and overall I am satisfied with them. They were a little more "blue" than the lights from Lowe's I was trying to match so you can tell a slight difference but they offered the flexibility in sizing for smaller cabinets I couldn't get elsewhere. This was the first company that actually knew the products they were selliing (seller AND manufacturer) and understood that direct wire means no junction boxes or other electrical boxes inside the cabinet!) My electrician was happy to see they could be directly wired with no complications. One of the lights did flicker a bit, which is a small defect in the light itself but since it was already installed by the electrician and it doesn't always do it I decided to leave it alone. This, and the color, is why I don't give it 5 stars.

LightingDirect.com / Build.com Inc. User

"We recently remodeled some rooms in our home and used lighting direct for new sconces, chandelier, ceiling lights , ceiling fan and light kit. All came in great condition. A couple later than I expected but when I contacted customer service they were right on it. Very helpful. Good prices."

"I recently purchased several lights from LightingDirect.com. Within 10 days, all of the lights had arrived, with only one glass shade getting damaged in transit. All of the other lights arrived in good condition and as advertised. Upon calling about the shattered glass piece, I was extremely pleased with how easy and professional the customer service was. They indicated they would ship me a new glass shade right away and I did not need to send anything back since nothing else was damaged.

A few days later, I decided to return a couple of the lights for interior design reasons and they were just as helpful and quick. In less than 24 hours, they have sent me all the return labels and instructions to send the lights back.

I always naturally get a little nervous buying from a new company online, but I have been very impressed with the level of service, pricing, and prompt shipment of my order. This was a great first-time buying experience!

"I have bought from this company (and their other incarnations, build.com, etc) several times. It is a hit and miss in terms of promptness of shipping -- even if the site says the product is in stock, shipping can be delayed and then delayed again. Returns and order cancellations are usually painless though.

What I noticed is when I submitted a negative product review to their site, it hasn't been posted (I submitted it weeks ago, it was written very politely, so no reason to reject the review). So beware that their product reviews are probably filtered and biased.

This review was modified by O888 on January 18 2014 11:52:16 AM

"BEWARE! They charge credit card immediately and don't ship product until at least a week later, in my case confirmation stated 7/11/13. BUT on 7/10/13 I got an email stating that the lamp would now ship on 8/23 (yes, AUGUST 23rd!!!). I cancelled. Bottom line: These guys have NO PRODUCT IN STOCK (even though their web-site states they do) and are only a pass-through site to manufacturers."

This review was modified by Squiredc on July 11 2013 05:30:22 AM

"+ I've made 5 purchases in the past 2 months and have been very pleased. Their website is easy to use and I appreciate their online inventory availability.

+ shipping has been very quick and items well-packed. Every light fixture I bought had glass in it and everything arrived intact.

Share LightingDirect.com / Build.com Inc.'s store rating

LightingDirect.com / Build.com Inc. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

LightingDirect.com / Build.com Inc. is not a merchant member
LightingDirect.com / Build.com Inc. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!