• Address: Diantong Square, 7 Jiuxianqiao North Rd, Beijing, China
    • Contact: feedback@lightinthebox.com
    • Customer Support: http://www.lightinthebox.
    • Business Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am-6pm CST

What is this?

"nice..
excellent..
wow.............!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"On time shipping of items and on time delivery. If any complaints, proper feedback on time. And items are perfect as listed. I would recommend lightinthebox and give an overall 5 stars for the order."

"I have always had amazing experiences buying off both LightInTheBoz and MiniInTheBox, fast cheap shipping and the quality of the products vs. their price is exceptional."

"It's very easy to shopping,the prizes are really good and many products have free shipping.Thank you "Light in the Box""

"I was referred to this website by a friend and I purchased two bathing suits and I love them both. Love the packaging, by the way. I recommend it to anyone."

"I am delighted with my purchase it better than I expected love it and light in the box were great with corresponding with me and very helpful I will continue to shop with them
I would like the iphone5 cable as my gift

"I firmly believe now that this website is a BIG SCAMMER! I placed an order for ceiling lights, was asked to send a copy of my credit card showing my name and the last 4 digits plus a copy of my driver's license. Did send both. They came back to me saying that the way I covered up the other details is not acceptable (I used other means to delete the details not required). LitB suggested to just cover the details with paper. Why do they care how I covered my credit card? I've sent what they need, why do I need to comply with the way they want other details covered? Do they have a software that can read the others details? I've been shopping online for as long as I can remember and this is the only site that requires such things. Cancelled the order and requested for refund and never again will I ever visit this scam of a website. Hopefully they refund my money."

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-27-2014

LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox rep has responded

“Hi Ailene,

We are sorry for all the inconvenience. Please understand that we DO NOT ask for photos of your drivers licence or credit card to prove your identity for no reasons. We only do that when there is a problem occur during the process of your money transaction. The reasons can vary from customer to customer. For example, some times there are fraud orders, in order to make sure that it's not someone else purchasing items using your account, we have to ask for payment identity. For your case, your billing address is different from your mailing address, even the different country. We believe it is for your own good. Your understanding will be much appreciated.

Thanks for shopping with us!

Lightinthebox”

"Good dealing on lightinthebox and nice shipping also.
The price are reasonable :)

"It isn't obvious from the web site, but Light in The Box is a Chinese company that ships directly from China. I can only comment on their electronics, Buying clothing from them may be fine for all I know.

I bought a light fixture (sort of what the name suggests) for the dining room. I was not aware that it was drop shipping from China, although that part went off OK. The price was not significantly better than a similar product purchased locally, so that is not an advantage.

However, the quality was another story. It is simply the large cultural disconnect between an emerging country and one with a long manufacturing history. For starter the lamp did not have UL or any other agency certification. I'm an electical engineer who has taken product through the certification process. While I can say that I'm not overly concerned about the light setting my house on fire or electrocuting me, I have to also say that it would not have passed any major industry certification, such as UL, CSA or CE. The conductors were about 22 AWG (16 AWG is the require minimum, with smaller numbers representing larger wire). The sockets were similarly flimsy. One of them became intermittent in less than a year, so I now have a blinking light.

Mechanically is about the same. The lamp is fairly heavy with about 50 crystal balls on it. The base that attaches to the ceiling was made of very thin sheet metal, so thin that its own weight makes it warp.

Assembly was another story. Not only did it arrive in over 100 parts, but they weren't even what I would call "finished" parts. Each crystal had to be attached by a wire that had to be bent into shape to hold it.

It is virtually impossible to mount or unmount the lamp once the crystals are attached, so repairs (which I obviously have to make already) require totally disassembling it into over 50 parts before it can be removed from the ceiling. Probably a good thing, as it would probably destroy itself if it were removed in one piece, because of the weight and flimsiness.

Re-lamping is almost as challenging. If one has long skinny fingers and very good dexterity, it is possible to insert and remove bulbs without removing a bunch of crystals, but it may take less time to just disassemble it.

The quality standards and engineering simply do not compare to local products. Ironically, much of the local merchandise is manufactured in China. However, the importer or local distributor can exercise some quality control. First, they are obligated to obtain UL or similar approval before they can sell it. Second, they can tell the manufacturer mechanical and electrical standards, such as thickness of sheet metal which they have to follow if they want it imported.

Most importantly, there is a local company standing behind the product. They are held accountable by local laws. Agencies such as BBB can rate them. All of this is lost when ordering directly from overseas. I would be very careful about ordering anything from off-shore, particularly things that need to meet certain quality or safety standards. Right now it does not appear that Light in The Box is able to deliver that.

modified review Rep reply posted Jul-23-2014

LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox rep has responded

“Hi Wilton,

We apologize for all the inconvenience. Please send your order number and other details to feedback@lightinthebox.com with the subject “resellerratings review”. We will help you there.

Thanks,
LightInTheBox”

"I've ordered a couple of times from this site and I always was satisfied with the products I've got."

"Very nice,
Thank you sincerely.

"Great quality products! Thank you so much................................................"

"I thought that it is an amazing site to get wonderful products from I recommend it to everyone I see actually :)"

"My phone case came right when expected, and completely in tact! I will definitely be using their services again in the future for more items!"

"Great product and fast shipping! Wedding cake topper I ordered was a third of the price of anywhere I could find it online. The item looked identical to the picture they had posted! Will order from them again!"

LightInTheBox is a Merchant Member! Learn more

LightInTheBox is a merchant member
LightInTheBox participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,875 merchant members.