• LightInTheBox

• Address: Diantong Square, 7 Jiuxianqiao North Rd, Beijing, China
    • Contact: feedback@lightinthebox.com
    • Customer Support: http://www.lightinthebox.
    • Business Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am-6pm CST

Product & services pricing Rating 8.11/10 8.11/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 7.84/10 7.84/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.71/10 6.71/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.54/10 7.54/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.92/10 7.92/10

"pour une commande de 15 euros, j'ai paye 7 euros de frais de port plus 18 euros de douane. Les droits de douane meme si effectivement liste dans les conditions generales n'ont jamais ete mentionnes lors de ma commande, c'est vraiment une arnarque, je parle pas du delai de livraison , j'ai commande le 17 septembre, le delai de traitement etait soit disant de 1-4 jours, au final ma commande a ete expediée le 1er octobre.
A fuir...

"Ordered 6 days ago, have gotten 6 emails offering me "90% discounts". As a retailer myself I am well aware that the only one someone can give you a huge discount of 20% or better is if the price starts out at least 40% too high. What they haven't sent me is the product, which won't even ship for another 7 days. It's still "processing". Very annoying that they have no problem getting my email straight from PayPal so they don't even have to ask me if I want spam to send me one about every day, but it takes them nearly 2 weeks to put a product in a box, tape it up and ship it out."

"Whenever I see a company that has products that interest me, I will usually place a small order to see what their service is like. Thank God I did with this company!

The item I ordered, a Potato Express Microwave potato baking bag, is advertised to ship in 24 hours. I ordered it on July 29,2015 and in my order confirmation email I was told that it would ship by August 18, with no mention of the advertised 24 hours. Not having received anything a month after placing my order I contacted customer service and was told that it should ship in a short while. This didn't actually ship until September 5, 2015, a total of thirty seven days after I placed the order. I finally received it on October 3, 2015, a total time period of nine and one half weeks.

When I finally received this item the product box had been opened on the ends and flattened out and folded, with the item inside of it, so that it would fit into a small plastic bag about half the size of the original box, and the instruction/recipe booklet that was supposed to be included was missing. Also, this is now selling for thirty cents less than it was at the time that I ordered it.

Rep reply posted Oct-11-2015

LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox rep has responded

“Hi James,
We apologize for the late reply.
If you choose free super saver shipping, it may take 10-20 BUSINESS days which means it can take up to 40 days to deliver. Please note that the delivery time includes processing time and shipping time. And the delivery of the packages is influenced by many factors – especially countries’ customs. If the customer clearance takes a long time, it may cause the delay of package. Super saver shipping company doesn’t update shipping status on their website so the packages can be tracked hardly. Any questions concerning about your order, you can log in and submit a ticket to contact our customer service people for help. Here is the way how you can contact them: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html

2ipsonsony's Avatar

Colorado Denver

"Unbelievable. Light_In_The_Box is a MFCK web site from where you can buy things.
I don't know but for me it did not work as expected. I had ordered a blue marine Korean jacket as the price was so down, but shit what i got was not even the value of the material i did order. I had to share it to someone else because the size i demanded was not what i had gotten, the quality of the material was so poor and light that i could have frozen the day snow would fall.
The customer service what a mess, neither a phone number or an email to contact them just some sort of feedback box where you can be answered. And constantly there were hiding theme selves behind their MFCK web page. Guess what it took me 2 months and half to finally have the UPS deliver man knocking my door.... and there is no way you can track you package. So imagine how frustrated i was. Guys i surely advice you to think twice or ( thrice) before rolling up with them. I mean... whatever just don't!
I personally give them the rate of endless Zero's 00000000000000.........................

Rep reply posted Oct-11-2015

LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox rep has responded

“Hi dear,

We apologize for the late reply. Please note that if you do not open a ticket to contact our customer service, they may not be able to see your request and reply to it timely. Here is how you can contact our customer service for help:

"I was skeptical about shopping from china "Light in the box" exceeded my expectations. i ordered a gown for 1 sons wedding in 2014. "perfect" then ordered another gown for my other sons wedding 5/2015, the price and the material was beyond description. this dress was amazing. i have ordered 3 cell phones from them with no complaints either. every time i contacted c/s they responded within 24 hrs. both my dresses were ordered well in advance of the wedding so any reasonable delay would be no problem, my 1st dress i was emailed and told it would be shipped out a few days later than the promised date and they refunded me $32.00 (usd) for my inconvenience, (The dress did arrive when promised!) the 2nd dress again I ordered early enough and was told again it would ship out a few days later than promised (ordered during high volume prom season) Again I was refunded 36.00 USD for my inconvenience. I HAVE NOTHING BUT HIGH PRAISES FOR THIS COMPANY! It's a big company and any company is going to have hiccups every once in a while.......I have and will continue to recommend LITB to my friends! "

"Don't order from this company! 1) you place an order and almost a month later, still nothing has been delivered, but you can bet your credit card has been charged! ! 2) you send in a ticket asking where your order is, you get a "canned" response that tells you NOTHING about where your order is 3) they very conveniently have NO phone number so you have no way to contact them. This company cares nothing about customer service and hides behind their web page.

This company is a sham............................stay away from them!

"I give ZERO star Where is my order? Order and Payment received on Aug. 07,2015. Today is Sept. 16, Status is still processing no email or phone to contact what's going on. Instruction on customer guide is to click " view details" but this option is not available on the order lists. Do not know what to do so just give honest review as my last resort on my horrific experience buying in this site."

"Took weeks to deliver my order - with no advice as to when the order was dispatched nor any idea of a delivery date. When my order arrived, I had to pay an extra £27 delivery charge (even though I'd already paid a shipping fee when I originally ordered). When I went back to the company to ask about this & obtain a refund for the extra charge, they said it was for 'taxes' which they were unable to estimate in advance. I have paid well over what I was expecting to pay and the quality of the items was lower than expected. Take care with ordering from this company!"

Yes, their prices are low but their service is terrible. I placed an order on Aug 18 and the anticipated ship date was Aug 24. That day came and went. The only way to contact them is to open a ticket on their website. When I did this asking for the reason for the delay, I received an obviously canned message saying that "Due to unanticipated demand......" When I placed the order the site said it was in stock.

5 days later I asked again when my Item would ship and I received another canned message saying that "all my items (plural) are in their warehouse" and should ship within 7 days. First of all, I only ordered one item so obviously they did not look at my order when they replied. Secondly, 7 days to ship something that is "in the warehouse????" Really???

Today is day 7 since their last reply and guess what? Still hasn't shipped.

The bottom line is they take forever to ship and if you ask why you receive BS messages that are obviously sent only to string you along.

I guess you do get what you pay for in this world.

"It's been 10 days and my order is still pending. Seems a little ridiculous to me. There was also no way to contact customer service."

"So far, I have been satisfied with this seller. A few clothing items are a little small so check sizing carefully and when in doubt go up at least one size (especially for lingerie items). "

"LightInTheBox has some really nifty gadgets and products in store. Love shopping with them. The only better thing would be for them is to offer free shipping. But still thumbs up for the collection of products and great customer service.

I have ordered from them couple of times and will do so in the coming future.

"I'm Very Disappointed LightInTheBox.
I bought a green laser pointer € 6.99. Instead of € 32.99
Two weeks later the package is still not shipped?
ile invent excuses to not ship the package - stock
it pushes the shipment of one week and the next week ......
- They will not accept their price errors.
LightInTheBox and no serious site

"Big disappointment. My first and last order from LightinTheBox."

Share LightInTheBox's store rating

LightInTheBox is a Merchant Member! Learn more

LightInTheBox is a merchant member
LightInTheBox participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,687 merchant members.