• Address: Diantong Square, 7 Jiuxianqiao North Rd, Beijing, China
    • Contact: feedback@lightinthebox.com
    • Customer Support: http://www.lightinthebox.
    • Business Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am-6pm CST

Product & services pricing Rating 8.51/10 8.51/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.88/10 8.88/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.88/10 7.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 8.50/10 8.50/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 8.60/10 8.60/10

What is this?

"I buy 270$ of goods (order 1502190911799664).
I payd with my credit card.
I received an email that asked me the picture of the credit card (with numbers and expiration date covered), and a copy of my documents. I sent it.
I received a second mail with a single row: "order cancelled - we will refund you the money a.s.a.p." I am ever waiting.
For them ticket is closed, i cannot reply. Support mail is refused by their server, and their phone sound busy. Customer service is simply not existing.
Someone else with this kind of problems ? Do i have to proceed legally ?

“Hi,

We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please understand that we DO NOT ask for photos of your drivers licence or credit card to prove your identity for no reasons. We only do that when there is a problem occur during the process of your money transaction. The reasons can vary from customer to customer. For example, sometimes there are fraud orders, in order to make sure that it's not someone else purchasing items using your account, we have to ask for payment identity. It is for your own good. If you cannot offer the identity, we are not supposed to send your order. Your understanding will be much appreciated.

Lightinthebox”

"Beware!! This site seems fake. I placed an order in Feb 7 but I still haven't got my package. It is Feb 19 now. They say that the delivery process would take 6-8 business days on their web site. Even tracking service is not provided.

So, I tried to contact customer service. They even do not have actual customer center. The system what they made was that only email response. Ok, I sent them message 2 days ago, but still not received any response. Very fish.

I asked them refund today and if they would not take any action then I will ask Paypal customer center. Will keep update my issue whether they are crooks or not. If they are fake, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY!!

=================================
Update Feb 20
This is definitely a scam. They do not respond at all. I asked Paypal customer center, but am not sure whether they can figure it out as they said that ask them refund. I already did though.

I think the positive reviews in this site about them are also fake. I heard some Chinese people hire part time workers to do it. Or their friends. DO NOT TRUST STAR RATE FOR THEM.

=============================
Update Feb 24
Ok, I just got my package this morning. It has taken 18 days totally. The product was fine as it is a simple item. However, I am still not happy about customer center. Their response via Paypal was like a robot. I rather buy an item on Ebay next time.

“Hi,

We are sorry for all the inconvenience. Because of the lunar new year our customer service people might not reply your message very quickly. Any questions concerning your order please log in and submit a ticket to contact our customer service for help. Here is how you can contact them: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html.

Lightinthebox”

"Very pleased with the dress. Superb quality. I did order one size up and it fit perfectly. I placed my order on a Saturday and my dress arrived the next Wednesday with a very courteous delivery driver. I WILL definitely order from Light in the Box again. So excited to wear my new dress!!!"

"I placed an order via Paypal and money has been taken from that account. However, I never received an email regarding my account setup and as a result i am unable to track the order. I have tried logging in with all my email addresses and your system doesn’t recognize any of my email addresses. I have never received any correspondence regarding this purchase other than the paypal confirmation. Please help."

“Hi,

Here is your tracking information,
carrier: EMS
Tracking No: EA050482742CN
shipping time: 2015-02-06 16:57:41.0
And from their status, the package has been already delivered.

Lightinthebox”

"Very slow shipping, No direct contact I had to go to PayPal to get a response and this is my second try and they blew it I buy lots of things from China never has any taken this long over 30 days Jan 11, 2015 - ? and today is Feb. 16, 2015"

Lightinthebox”

"I placed one order on December 17, 2014 but they sent me a wrong item. I contacted them on January 22, 2015 and they only told me to give me refund of $50.39 which is only the product price. Note: their international shipping charge is HIGH! I had to contact the Supervisor to ask a reshipment.

On February 10 I had to contact them again since I still have not received any noticed about reshipment/track information after I returned the wrong item...the customer services again wanted to give me a refund but I'd also paid the expansive Expedited Shipping charge (3-5 business days is really FUNNY) which they never mention about it...and I really like that dress that 's why I'm just want it as soon as fast. but....

Anyway from December 2014 to February 2015 I totally missed my party which I planed early to had my new dress... I'm really very upset and unsatisfied about the customers service.
I've shopped a lot but never heard things happened like this before. totally inconceivable...

“Hi,

We have noticed that you've been talking to our customer service concerning your order. They have responded back to your ticket. Please log in and check. They will help you there.

Thanks,
Lightinthebox”

"I paid express shipping (3-5 days) and according to the info my package was send on February 1st. I have not receive it and today is February 10th. My order was divided in two and I receive one of my products, but how about the other?
I think they shouldn't call it "express shipping" or, at least, make it free so customers do not feel robbed.

modified review Rep reply posted Feb-10-2015

“Hi,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. Any questions concerning your order please log in and submit a ticket to contact our customer service for help. Here is how you can contact them: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html. They can help you track your order there.

Thanks for shopping with us!

Lightinthebox”

"Bought a jacket from there, 4 weeks have passes and i havent received my item. Also they wont respond at mails."

modified review Rep reply posted Feb-08-2015

Lightinthebox”

"Good quality of products and brilliant value for money"

"I bought UltraFire 3500mAh Rechargeable AA Batteries (4pcs) [NewYearSale] from light in the box. with Shipping charges:USD$ 1.84 on Super Saver Shipping. It came little bit late becouse of new year+xmas season...but in good condition.
They give me reward of $5.00 with my buying experience....

"Great products! FAST SHIPPING @reasonable prices. My new Favorite "

"Awesome site.. I found it in Facebook, was little hesitant to order for the first time. once I got to know the sizes and started exploring the variety of option i have in the site, i just cant stop shopping :-) Anything I want, I first look in lightinthebox. I love them."

"Good powerful xenon light to dodge journey. Original light bad and yellow. New is sharp blue, on new light better than 2 original h11 bulbs"

"Prices are fairly reasonable but watch out for VAT and handling charges made by the delivery service.

Very happy with all the products I received.

"Absolutely awesome products, great quality, just what I needed"

LightInTheBox is a Merchant Member! Learn more

LightInTheBox is a merchant member
LightInTheBox participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,906 merchant members.