LightInTheBox Reviews - lightinthebox.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 8.50/10 5,742 reviews

LightInTheBox is a merchant member
LightInTheBox participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,874 merchant members.

All Customer Reviews (5,758)

"I ordered 4 cushion covers to the tune of £39 and qualified for free shipping. When UPS delivered I was told I had to pay an additional £21 in duties. In effect I paid £60 for cushion covers. I would never have done so had I known at time of purchase and feel cheated. Why doesnt the company make this hidden charge known upfront? This has been a terrible experience for me and will never use this website again."

modified review reply posted Apr-17-2014

“Dear Customer,

We are sorry that you had to pay for the tax. But please understand that the tax charge is caused by your customs and we have no control over it and are unable to predict it. We state clearly here: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1229/a3021.html.

Thanks for your understanding.

LightInTheBox”

"Great sellers fast shipping to Greece!"

"I ordered a dress with express shipping and it came 10 days late, after the event. I had to get another dress. The customer service is very slow, I told them straight away but they didn´t investigate. It came today and I could see that they didn´t send it Express but Saver which means way longer time. There is no chance to reach anybody at the Company, instead of 1 day I had to wait 2 days for an answer and it was only a standardized answer. I wrote a Review which was deleted immediately from their homepage."

modified review reply posted Apr-10-2014
LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox rep has responded

“Hi,we apologize for the inconvenience! Would you please send your order number and request as well as the link of your review here on ResellerRatings to feedback@lightinthebox.com? We will double check your order.

Please understand that due to the time difference, we may not be able to reply to you immediately after you contact us. Usually we reply within 24 hours and please note that we are off on weekends.

Thanks,
LightInTheBox”

"I just yesterday posted a 1 star review for light in the box. It is no longer there although it was a straight forward, honest and respectful commentary. I posted another prior to the one I am now writing relating to Reseller ratings primarily. That post appears but the one I wrote about light in the box in particular has been deleted. I will post another 1 star review about my experience with light in the box if this post lasts on the site for more than a day....OK, problem solved. It appears only one post is permitted for the company so I will extend this one. "GUARANTEED TO SHIP IN 24 HOURS is b.s. Every item I ordered promised to ship within 24 hours. It has now been over a week and still processing. The company told me it was confusion and a misunderstanding on my part and claimed only certain colors or sizes can ship within 24 hours. I am a regular size small so no custom tailoring is necessary. 4 of the items I ordered are one size fits all. Nowhere does it say ANYWHERE that only certain colors or sizes ship in 24 hours. They continued to blame my confusion and misunderstanding for the incorrect processing time when all I asked was a legitimate reason for the delay. I was not afforded an admission of responsibility by them to honor their "guarantee". I do not appreciate being lied to. I do not recommend shopping at light in the box. I will add that I gave them a particular date by which I must have my items. They are for a special event. With expedited shipping they assured me I would have my items on time. "

modified review reply posted Apr-10-2014
LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox rep has responded

“Hi, we are sorry for the inconvenience! We try our best to keep all inventory in stock in our warehouses. We cannot guarantee that a product listed as "In Stock" will actually ship right away, as inventory can change significantly from day to day. We hope that our customer service is solving the problem for you.

As to the posts here on ResellerRatings, please note that we don't have the right to delete any of the reviews. There might be some other problems that your post didn't show up.

Thanks,

Rating 4/102/5

"Reviews on the light in the box site can not be trusted, I wrote a bad review on a product that was honest & absolutely accurate & they deleted it, now I realize how you can end up with a poor product which is not as advertised even thou it has excellent reviews because the probably write the reviews themselves & delete all the real ones !"

"I ordered a dress for my formal it was predicted that it would be shipped 4 days before my formal I was abit anxious but a week later the dress came and it was really good!! The quality is excellent! ! There is a lot of bad reviews outhere about light in the box and I dunno why they have bad reviews just follow ur heart! overall it was an exellent experience ordering from this webstie ;)"

"excellent place to shop I took my measurement for my wedding dress and sent it to light in the box they could have sent me the dress with the measurement I sent but the found out the it was in correct and they allow me to take it over then on top of that they were late with the order and the gave me some % off thank you light in the box I love my dress"

This dress is amazing and gorgeous thank you very much light in the box it's perfect. For anyone thinking of buying this dress do it. It exactly like the picture I had my reservations at first but so glad I decided to go for it so happy thank you again x

"I enjoy buying at light in the box. They have everything we need and in a good price. I shop here for my own use. I would definitely recommend this website to my friends and family. "

"I had a great online shopping experience with LightInTheBox.
Shipping was faster than I expected. And the customer service Is excellent! I really love the blush brush with cane handle. In love with this blush brush!! looks and feels so expensive! It is a little shorter than I thought it would be. but doesn't bother me at all! definitely one of my fave brushes! ;)

"great to buy thing from this website it arrives in a very good package and it arrives fast"

"Very nice keychain flaslights. LED is very bright. Also good price."

"They are much better than i expected!!I love my new pair of shoes!!!! "

"I am very pleased. The dresses are unique!
I have no comments on the contract and service delivery.
Very correct!
Thank you LightInTheBox.com!
Because me so much

"I have told my friends and my family about this little hidden treasure that it is Lightinthebox when it comes to beautiful, well made gowns. No matter the occasion, if it is for a wedding, ball, prom, Lightinthebox has so may different gowns in ranges of prices to accommodate anyone. Plus, what I love about the site is that if your body is not a cookie cutter size you can order a gown custom size made for the same price. Furthermore, they give the model's measurements, the size of the dress she wears so you can better figure what size you need.
I have bought gowns several gowns and one wedding dress from this site and not even one time have they let me down! Great prices, the materials are of great quality and the gowns are nothing short of spectacular. I wish I was in a line of work where I would wear them every day so I could buy even more :D.
Love, <3 love LITB and I can't wait for my next gown that is in the mail :D