Stores > LightInTheBox

• LightInTheBox LightInTheBox Elite Status
    • Address: Diantong Square, 7 Jiuxianqiao North Rd, Beijing, China
    • Contact: feedback@lightinthebox.com
    • Customer Support: http://www.lightinthebox.
    • Business Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00am-6pm CST

• option not available Customer Notification For Publicly Replies

Product & services pricing Rating 8.41/10 8.41/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 8.31/10 8.31/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 7.42/10 7.42/10
    Customer service: Rating 7.97/10 7.97/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 7.42/10 7.42/10

2016-08-20

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE !!!!

"SPEND $600 FOR A PROJECTOR THAT DOES NOT WORK. HAS BEEN 3 WEEKS SINCE I PUT A TICKET FOR REFUND/RETURN, AND KEEP GETTING GENERIC RESPONSES FROM THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE ONE EVERY 3 DAYS!!!. THIS IS RIDICULOUS, PLEASE DO NOT SHOP THERE."

This review was modified by roro1231 on August 20 2016 09:35:53 AM
Rep reply posted Aug-21-2016

“Dear Customer,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Please don't be worried cause we'll take full responsibility of that.

The supervisor of customer service created one ticket for you. Please contact her in this ticket and she'll definitely solve the problem. Please log in your account on a computer (not mobile). You can find your ticket here: https://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_after_detail&id=13249231

2016-08-17

Fraudulent return policy. Terrible customer service.

"Please do yourself a favor and don't ever buy something from this company. I ordered a wedding dress and a bridesmaid dress. The dresses were not at all as pictured. They had a lot of extra fabric and were not well made. I put a ticket to return in for both and they said they can't return because they were custom orders, even though I just ordered normal sizes without exact measurements. They completely stole my money. They closed the ticket and said that they were resolved, even though they are clearly not resolved. There is no place to open another ticket. I will be reporting Light in the Box to imports/exports, Better Business Bureau, and will be placing reviews everywhere I can to hopefully help others avoid making the terrible mistake of ordering with this fraudulent company. "

This review was modified by bluesierralarue on August 17 2016 12:17:39 PM
Rep reply posted Aug-17-2016

A rep from LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox, has responded

“"This is Pinni from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help. After review your case, i had conducted ticketId=13233686 in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go "" personal center""--""my ticket"" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation."

2016-08-09

May be worth it

"I've only ordered clothing, jewelry and shoes from this site. ~3/4's of the items I've received were good/decent quality and usable. Some were really cute. It's kind of a hit or miss. Some items match the description really well, others, not so much. I have ordered quite a few things from this site, I haven't had any problems with jewelry. I do really like a lot of the styles they offer. Undergarments have been a good buy for me (quality is good).

If you know how to sew, this site could definitely be worth the money you'll save. Clothing with buttons may have the buttons come off in the wash, but are easily fixed. Measurements given on the website are usually pretty on point so pay close attention to those. Small for one item may not be the same size as small for another, but they're usually pretty good at telling you what the actual measurements are so it's easy to figure out if you should order or not. If it wasn't for my customer service experience, I would still shop here.

Customer service can be a hassle to deal with. I've talked with them about their business practice on refunds (they deduct the rewards/coupon savings amount from your refund amount if you send something back, even if you're sending it back because they sent you an incorrect product or one that is an obvious knock off of the item shown on their site). I told them I understand if the order was my own mistake, but if it's by the fault of the company the rewards/coupon savings should not be deducted from a refund. The customer representative, Pinni, that I was dealing with forwarded my suggestion to management and hopefully something will come of that.

I was finally able to resolve my refund complaint after speaking with several customer service representatives over the course of about 2 months. If the process had not been so frustrating and if the initial customer representatives I had dealt with had been more prompt in addressing my concerns, I would still shop with this place.

Basically, if you can sew this place could be worth your money.

This review was modified by koalakittie on August 17 2016 08:43:53 AM
Rep reply posted Aug-12-2016

A rep from LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox, has responded

“"This is Pinni from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help. After review your case, i had conducted ticketId=13208920 in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go "" personal center""--""my ticket"" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation."

2016-07-13

"I love Light in a Box...!

They have such UNIQUE items.

Thanks!

This review was modified by UghNV on July 23 2016 09:03:56 PM
Rep reply posted Jul-14-2016

A rep from LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox, has responded

“Dear Sir, i had sent you a private message. Please check your message box on this site. I offered your my working email address so you can contact me directly to solve your problem. ”

2016-07-12

Matter has been resolved successfully thank you

"Do not purchase from this company as their policy for returns is misleading. I ordered a bridesmaid dress for my granddaughter who is a standard size 7. When it came although the dress was lovely it was very oversized and we wanted to exchange it for an age 6. They were not willing to exchange it they just wanted us to pay for another dress saying it was custom made which was rubbish . WHen you read the returns policy it tells you you have 30'days to exchange but then they get of an exchange with this custom made clause . CUstomer service is diabolical but from a reputable place and check the returns policy "

This review was modified by Val-Bridge on July 24 2016 07:36:08 AM
Rep reply posted Jul-13-2016

“Dear Customer,

The supervisor of customer service created one ticket for you. Please contact her in this ticket and she'll definitely solve the problem. Please log in your account on a computer (not mobile). You can find your ticket here: https://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_after_detail&id=13036984

2016-07-08

the issue is solved after conmmunicate with customer service.

" the issue is solved after conmmunicate with customer service. "

This review was modified by MikeRenna on August 09 2016 08:40:52 AM
Rep reply posted Jul-12-2016

A rep from LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox, has responded

“This is Pinni from Lightinthebox, i had conducted ticketId=13014667 in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.”

2016-06-25

my problem was resolved

"it took a few contacts to the company, but they did resolve my issue by refunding my money. "

This review was modified by needmyrefund on July 23 2016 06:18:45 AM
Rep reply posted Jun-30-2016

A rep from LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox, has responded

“This is Pinni from Lightinthebox, i had conducted ticketId=12963196 in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.”

2016-06-17

****!

"I ordered some controllers may 30th the website shows they shipped out may 31st and I still haven't received my order. It said 6-8 business days. Shipped via: PostNL-Track.
I can't even find a way to track my stuff. My boyfriend is pissed.

This review was modified by Newmommy2015 on June 17 2016 11:28:17 AM

A rep from LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox, has responded

“This is Pinni from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help. After review your case, i had conducted ticketId=12891213 in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.”

2016-06-17

BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!

"They took my money on an item they advertised as having but was not in stock. When they let you know your order is cancelled they do not make it clear you must go through the process of REQUESTING YOUR MONEY BACK otherwise they supposedly give you a credit to something else in their store. I shop online all the time. Ive never seen any website that doesn't just credit you. When you make the request the tell you it will take up to 25 DAYS. Again, the company falsely advertised a product they didn't have and i have to WAIT A MONTH TO GET MY MONEY BACK. It is now past that time period and I STILL HAVENT RECEIVED MY REFUND!!!!!!!!! "

This review was modified by cynthiawalls on June 17 2016 09:34:37 AM

A rep from LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox, has responded

“This is Pinni from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help. After review your case, i had conducted ticketId=12891186 in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.”

2016-06-16

Got cheated on expedited shipping!!

"I placed a big order with lightinthebox on June 10th and paid extra for expedited shipping 3-4 business days). It is now almost 1 week later and the order has not even been shipped yet! I love to shop online and I will never buy from this website again! Still waiting for a shipping ETA!! Shame on you lightinthebox!"

This review was modified by Ladyshai75 on June 16 2016 05:16:20 PM

“Dear Nicole Topper,

Thank you for shopping with us.

Your order is currently in the processing phase and will be shipped out no later than 2016-06-25 using Expedited. The package normally takes 3-5 business days to arrive.

The Total Delivery Time consists of both the processing time and the shipping time. On our website the processing time appears on the product page, right above the "add to cart" button. For more information please see the following link.

And for the dress TS Couture® Cocktail Party Dress - Black Plus Sizes / Petite A-line Jewel Short/Mini Tulle that you ordered, please be understanding this dress is a made to order piece as stated online, This is a Made-to-Order item, which is produced one by one. We have limited choices of sizes and color combinations in stock (check Ready-To-Wear Chart). All other sizes and color choices, including all custom measurements, require additional tailoring time.

Once we ship your package we will send you an email that includes the courier name and a package tracking number for your reference.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions.

Pinni

2016-06-13

I cannot contact to the customer service

"I've ordered a dress and everything arrived but I had to pay 34£ to DHL for DUTY and VAT. At the checkout I paid insurance for vat and additional costs. I've tried to contact with the customer service but I cannot. My ticket is closed and I dont know how to raise another one.
My order nr is:1605260018147602

Otherwise the dress is gorgeous and I'm very happy with my order!!!!!

I read their policy and they have to refund it:
Duty & Tax Insurance
We provide Duty & Tax Insurance service for any purchase and can be checked when placing an order.
If you pay for the Duty & Tax Insurance when you placed an order and were charged a tax fee when the package arrived, we'll be glad to refund 100% tax fee. Please tell us what was the total amount of the tax fee you were charged by submitting a new "Ask about customs duties" ticket with a copy of the invoice at that time, and we'll refund the amount you were charged.

This review was modified by Zsuzsanna1128 on June 13 2016 12:44:46 AM
Rep reply posted Jun-15-2016

“Dear Customer

This is Pinni, i am glad to help. After check you had bought VAT duty insurance on our site. so we will fully refund your duty cost for amount of 34GBP. And after checking, we had arranged the refund for you. For more info regards to the refund time, please refer to the ticket that you submitted. the refund time is noted in our reply in tickets. Have a good day.

2016-05-31

Never again

" I purchased an item from this company 4 weeks ago. As of today I have not received the item - but they received the payment. I will never make another. purchase with this company. "

This review was modified by Kemld123 on May 31 2016 08:59:48 PM
Rep reply posted Jun-01-2016

“Dear Customer,

Usually we use our ticket center to keep in touch with our customers, I guess you might don't know how to create a ticket. No worries, the supervisor of customer service created one for you. Please contact her in this ticket and she'll definitely solve the problem. Please log in your account on a computer (not mobile) You can find your ticket refer to following picture or this link: https://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_after_detail&id=12788826

Please note because the shipping method you chose for this order was Super Saver Shipping(with tracking service). It's the cheapest shipping method we have, while takes the longest shipping time for delivery. It usually takes 10-20 working days (14-28 calendar days) for the package to arrive. And we state it in the shipping method choosing part at the Check-Out page when you placed this order. So it's normal that you still haven't received the package because it's still in transit.We guess you might haven't noticed this so you're inquiring about your order.

Your order was shipped out via airmail on 2016-05-12 with the reference number RC324291840NL. So you shall receive the order before [2016-06-09], which is the 28th day of shipping. You can track it here:

However, if you do not receive your order by that day, please reply in the ticket to the supervisor. We'll either issue the refund or arrange a reshipment for you.

2016-05-26

ZER ZERO ZERO White shoes vs Tan

"I ordered a pair of WHITE shoes, paid expedited shipping unfortunately when they arrived the shoes were TAN, not ivory, off white or crean but Carmel color tan. I contacted customer service to get tge right color and attached a picture ofvthe shoe I received I was told the shoes are WHITE and if I didnt like it I could return them at my expense. I then upchanneled the issue to supervisor and she assured me the shoes are white and I could return at my expense and closed the complaint. I am a lot of thingscolor blindness is not one of them. I am stuck with the wrong color shoes I have reordered from a reputable company. Be advised DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY if they make mistake the treat you like you are the problem. I chose the company because I have small feet a womans size 4 and thought I had found a new vendor I could trust, boy was I wrong. I wish I coukd upload a picture of the shoe. Beware!!!!!!!!"

This review was modified by Tinkerbellfiary on May 26 2016 11:49:17 AM
Rep reply posted May-28-2016

A rep from LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox, has responded

“This is Pinni from Lightinthebox. I am glad to help. After review your case, i had conducted ticketId=12766276 in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.

2016-05-14

Shop

"After numerous conversations with technical support of shop problems about orders was allowed. Support worked much better than the managers. Special thanks to Sasha, who solves all problems. In the end 6 of the orders were received on time, I and my friends satisfied with the product."

This review was modified by Maksim_009 on August 15 2016 07:31:57 AM
Rep reply posted May-19-2016

“Dear Customer,

The supervisor of customer service created one ticket for you. Please contact her in this ticket and she'll definitely solve the problem. Please log in your account on a computer (not mobile). You can find your ticket here: https://www.lightinthebox.com/index.php?main_page=ticket_after_detail&id=12721160

Sasha

2016-04-27

“HORRIBLE SERVICE, DONT CARE ABOUT THIER CUSTOMERS & MAKE FAULTY PROMISES”

"They sent me product with two missing pieces. Was told they can send me the missing pieces. spent two weeks in communication with them and lied to telling me I have to send the product back when it's not my fault I didn't receive the missing pieces. Wasted a month of my time. had to pay customs expenses now they want me to pay to send it back and wait another month and pay more money for a product I wanted a month ago! there customer service is horrible. waited way to long, was lied to, and have to pay more for their mistakes! I am extremely upset with this company and would not wish this service on anyone!! HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!"

This review was modified by Laceyjdawson on April 27 2016 03:23:20 PM
Rep reply posted Apr-28-2016

A rep from LightInTheBox, LightInTheBox, has responded

“This is Pinni from lightinthebox. I am glad to help. After review your case, i had conducted a ticket=12589926 in our ticket center and provide a solution for your case. please log in your light in the box account--go " personal center"--"my ticket" to check our reply . please keep in touching with us by replying the ticket as all the information will be recorded in system. Thank you for your cooperation.”

Share LightInTheBox's store rating

LightInTheBox is a Merchant Member! Learn more

LightInTheBox is a merchant member
LightInTheBox participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,515 merchant members.