Stores > LensesRX

• LensesRX

Shipping & packaging: Rating 9.00/10 9.00/10

2016-01-06

"I was always hesitant to order progressives on-line, because of the needed measurements. I am glad that I did, and especially happy that I chose LensesRx, because my glasses work 100% better than the Rx I received from my optometrist (which I lost). I researched the different types of progressives, and decided that the Varilux Physio lenses would be best, as they are middle price range and had excellent user reviews. The telephone operators were extremely helpful and patient as they walked me through many phone calls until I placed the order. Unfortunately, the Rx did not work, because I failed to be specific about how I planned to use the glasses. Their warranty covers remaking the lenses, so I got really specific like mentioning that I needed the glasses mostly for countertop and desktop work from around 21" to 24" from my glasses, and that I also wanted to use them for driving and closeup as well. I had a rimless frame to send them, and also asked them to add 2mm to the bottom of the lens so I would have a greater reading area. The original lenses were 27mm, but really not deep enough for progressives. So they adjusted the segment height without me providing another seg. ht. measurement, and they added some depth to the lens. The result was a perfect pair of glasses, that suits all of my needs. The Rx I got from my optometrist caused me to tilt my head up and down in order to clear the blurry line of lens transition and I thought all progressives were like that. Not so! The Varilux Physios are just like my natural vision, wonderfully clear, and require no adaptation period at all. I saved so much more money than it would have cost if my optometrist replaced the lenses (about $110), not to mention getting a superior quality lens as well! The operator 's help was excellent, the opticians–spot on, and the prices and discounts given were amazing and much appreciated. So, that's my story. Great lenses at a great price from great people. Very happy :-)"

2015-12-23

"I had a 10 year old pair of Maxximized Reaction frames that I loved, but had been scratched, chipped, and the prescription outdated. Lenses RX did a great job refurbing them as a pair of prescription reading glasses for me, and I love them even more than the original. I will be updating my old frames with them from now on."

2015-12-22

"My experience with Lenses RX was absolutely outstanding. After purchasing a pair of Versace eyeglasses frames on Ebay almost 2 years ago, my local vision service stores refused to put prescription lenses in them, or work on them at all. So glad I sent them to Lenses Rx. The script is perfect, and they are so cute, I just love them! Will be sending in another pair of frames soon for prescription sunglasses. The prices are very reasonable, and the turn around time is really fast, even in the busy Christmas season. I couldn't ask for anything more."

This review was modified by meljlaake on December 22 2015 12:25:20 PM

2015-11-13

"Prompt, thoughtful customer service coupled with superior work in the lab and speedy turn around make LensesRX the ideal source for me. Used them four years ago, strayed in the interim, but now I'm back for good."

This review was modified by jamescooke on November 16 2015 04:00:01 PM

2015-09-02

"I highly recommend Lenses RX for quality craftsmanship and customer service.
I have made several orders, and never disappointed in any way.
Customer communications & service are the best I have seen on the internet, bar none.
I have a difficult custom Rose Color tint I have used in my shades for over 48 years, and Lenses RX nailed the tint perfect.
I sell antique eyeglasses, and they have correctly installed quality lenses in every pair I have sent them.
They are more that fair on their pricing, and beat all the labs I have dealt with.
I will be using Lenses RX for many years to come.

This review was modified by ShadeTreeVintage on September 02 2015 11:13:05 AM

2015-07-24

"I made a purchase mid June 2015 for a pair of non-prescription sunglasses that were marked green for Availability at checkout. Within one day, the order status updated to "Work in progress" and it states, "The frame you selected is being obtained from our warehouse. It will be cleaned and inspected prior to shipment. This process can take up to 72 hours." Over 2 weeks after the purchase and the order status update, I messaged them to inquire about the order and they state that "The frame you have purchased is currently in transit on it's way from our warehouse that is located in Italy." This is well over the 72 hour mark and I know that these sunglasses are manufactured in China but the corporate address is in Italy. Now it is over 4 weeks later and I called to inquire again and was told that they don't know why it is taking so long for the sunglasses to be shipped from their warehouse in Italy. I don't believe they even have the sunglasses in their possession. If this were an outlier experience, I would understand but, it seems to be a prevalent experience for several customers. I do not appreciate the lack of clarity/updates from the company and the blatantly false information provided on their website about shipment and availability. It is now one month later and I am still waiting for a pair of sunglasses that I ordered through their website. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------UPDATE: The order has arrived exactly as described, which made me very grateful to know that the seller does indeed complete orders. The pros are that they have most of their products at the best price on the market and that they do end up sending you the correct order. The con is the extensive wait if you do not call ahead to ask whether they have the frames you want in their possession in NY. "

This review was modified by PhiladelphiaNative on August 03 2015 10:26:08 AM

2015-07-20

"I ordered frames (no rx lenses) that were listed as in stock, which should have taken 24-48 hours to retrieve from their warehouse and 3-7 days to ship, according to their website. After 9 days their site showed my order was "still in progress". I finally called and was told they were "shipping out by the end of today" by Tabitha. I thought what a coincidence. I called later that day to see if they in fact were shipping out and was told by Marguerita that they were on back order from the manufacturer and wouldn't be available until after 7/31/15. When I asked her why was I told earlier that day that the frames were there and shipping out that day she had no answer. I believe I was matter-of-fact lied to to drag out the process rather than be told the truth. If I hadn't called to inquire about my order would I have be dragged along indefinitely? I immediately cancelled the order seeing that any further dealings with LensesRx could not be trusted if I was lied to like this. I would caution anyone intending on ordering through them."

This review was modified by darlin1 on July 20 2015 04:01:46 PM

2015-07-10

"I ordered a pair of non-prescription transition and polarized sunglasses. They SAY that the glasses will be shipped within 10 working days. Not so. I was promised 5 days ago that the glasses would be shipped the next day. Didn't happen. Not only are their products not cheap, their services is terrible!!! I am cancelling my order. "

This review was modified by Kywlct on July 10 2015 01:55:51 PM

2015-07-07

"I am pretty disappointed to see so many negative reviews for LensesRX! I shipped 5 pairs of my own frames to them on June 26th for relensing and they notified me as soon as they received my package, then when they had processing and shipping updates. They shipped my frames back LIGHTNING fast - within 2 days of receiving the frames - and I would have had my package on July 2nd except for delays due to the holiday. I received my frames today, July 6th, and they were packaged well, 2 frames given branded LensesRX cases and all frames were polished and wrapped in microfiber cloths. Lenses were impeccably done, all correct prescription and they even included the demo lenses in the package in case I wanted to keep them. I am thrilled and am getting ready to ship another frame to them or possibly wait and see if I add more frames to my collection to get them relensed at once. Since another online retailer stopped offering the relensing service, I researched quite awhile before going with LensesRX; they have the absolute best prices I've found of any other online retailer and they still offer regular discounts! I can't say too many good things about them and will be recommending them to anyone who might have a need for their services! Awesome job, LensesRX, and thank you a ton!! :)"

2015-06-30

"Customer service needs to be worked on, only have 1 customer service rep. (Same female everytime I called). Was told order was taking longer due to getting frames from Italy (made in China).
Overall process took 1 month, 3 & 1/2 weeks to fill, 4 days shipping (paid $29.99 for expedited shipping)
Prescription was perfect, so is quality of lenses and frames.
I would recommended if you are not in a hurry, and would like to save money.

This review was modified by yelrabe on June 30 2015 12:19:45 PM

2015-06-27

"I just want to post a review of LensesRX because I just received a perfect pair of eyeglasses from them. I chose to order from them because they offer the widest name brand progressive lenses among all the online retailers. My combination was a Marchon frame & Kodak lenses (the older generation Kodaks are great for intermediate distant). They did the work and shipped out in less than a week, which was great. The eyeglasses I received are just perfect, from the nice polishing of the half-rim lenses to the high quality case & nice Kodak cleaning cloth, and total price was just mid-range. So a big thank to them.
Tip for progressive wearers: make sure your prescription & PD are correct because the smallest differences (.25 diopter and a few mm off) can make a big impact on your vision.

Dennis N.

2015-06-19

"Very rude, unpleasant to deal with, no manager on site...they screw up and refuse to own up to it...the worst place to do deal with....how do they stay in business with all these bad reviews?????"

2015-06-19

"Got the glasses a few days ago. Great fit, great lenses, great price. A satisfied customer. Thanks.
Mark LeCoque

This review was modified by mjl55 on June 19 2015 11:23:07 AM

2015-06-17

"Love the glasses. Fit perfectly. I only bought the frames because I wanted my eye doctor's place to fill the lens. LensesRX was easy to work with and would recommend them to my friends."

2015-06-04

"Ordered for a lens replacement (dark grey, polarized). Prescription was fine but the tint could not even be considered medium grey. Called customer service and was informed that they would redo the lenses at their cost (minus shipping). Sent the glasses back the same day. Checked tracking to confirm glasses had arrived May 21. May 25, no update. May 27, still no update so called customer service and was told by rude rep that orders were processed in the order they arrived. Later that day received update work was in progress (coincidence? don’t think so). June 3, no shipping update. Emailed customer service about the poor turnaround and was emailed back that my glasses didn’t arrive until May 27 and work began on them immediately (don’t these idiots know people track their packages?) Later on June 3rd received shipping notice (coincidence? don’t think so). I’ve ordered glasses from other online vendors with less turnaround time and definitely less attitude. Won’t be using LensesRX again."

This review was modified by 1billmar1 on June 04 2015 07:28:55 AM

Share LensesRX's store rating

LensesRX is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

LensesRX is not a merchant member
LensesRX does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!