• LensesRX

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.46/10 4.46/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.19/10 5.19/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.38/10 5.38/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10

"I made a purchase mid June 2015 for a pair of non-prescription sunglasses that were marked green for Availability at checkout. Within one day, the order status updated to "Work in progress" and it states, "The frame you selected is being obtained from our warehouse. It will be cleaned and inspected prior to shipment. This process can take up to 72 hours." Over 2 weeks after the purchase and the order status update, I messaged them to inquire about the order and they state that "The frame you have purchased is currently in transit on it's way from our warehouse that is located in Italy." This is well over the 72 hour mark and I know that these sunglasses are manufactured in China but the corporate address is in Italy. Now it is over 4 weeks later and I called to inquire again and was told that they don't know why it is taking so long for the sunglasses to be shipped from their warehouse in Italy. I don't believe they even have the sunglasses in their possession. If this were an outlier experience, I would understand but, it seems to be a prevalent experience for several customers. I do not appreciate the lack of clarity/updates from the company and the blatantly false information provided on their website about shipment and availability. It is now one month later and I am still waiting for a pair of sunglasses that I ordered through their website. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------UPDATE: The order has arrived exactly as described, which made me very grateful to know that the seller does indeed complete orders. The pros are that they have most of their products at the best price on the market and that they do end up sending you the correct order. The con is the extensive wait if you do not call ahead to ask whether they have the frames you want in their possession in NY. "

This review was modified by PhiladelphiaNative on August 03 2015 10:26:08 AM

"I ordered frames (no rx lenses) that were listed as in stock, which should have taken 24-48 hours to retrieve from their warehouse and 3-7 days to ship, according to their website. After 9 days their site showed my order was "still in progress". I finally called and was told they were "shipping out by the end of today" by Tabitha. I thought what a coincidence. I called later that day to see if they in fact were shipping out and was told by Marguerita that they were on back order from the manufacturer and wouldn't be available until after 7/31/15. When I asked her why was I told earlier that day that the frames were there and shipping out that day she had no answer. I believe I was matter-of-fact lied to to drag out the process rather than be told the truth. If I hadn't called to inquire about my order would I have be dragged along indefinitely? I immediately cancelled the order seeing that any further dealings with LensesRx could not be trusted if I was lied to like this. I would caution anyone intending on ordering through them."

This review was modified by darlin1 on July 20 2015 04:01:46 PM

"I ordered a pair of non-prescription transition and polarized sunglasses. They SAY that the glasses will be shipped within 10 working days. Not so. I was promised 5 days ago that the glasses would be shipped the next day. Didn't happen. Not only are their products not cheap, their services is terrible!!! I am cancelling my order. "

This review was modified by Kywlct on July 10 2015 01:55:51 PM

"I am pretty disappointed to see so many negative reviews for LensesRX! I shipped 5 pairs of my own frames to them on June 26th for relensing and they notified me as soon as they received my package, then when they had processing and shipping updates. They shipped my frames back LIGHTNING fast - within 2 days of receiving the frames - and I would have had my package on July 2nd except for delays due to the holiday. I received my frames today, July 6th, and they were packaged well, 2 frames given branded LensesRX cases and all frames were polished and wrapped in microfiber cloths. Lenses were impeccably done, all correct prescription and they even included the demo lenses in the package in case I wanted to keep them. I am thrilled and am getting ready to ship another frame to them or possibly wait and see if I add more frames to my collection to get them relensed at once. Since another online retailer stopped offering the relensing service, I researched quite awhile before going with LensesRX; they have the absolute best prices I've found of any other online retailer and they still offer regular discounts! I can't say too many good things about them and will be recommending them to anyone who might have a need for their services! Awesome job, LensesRX, and thank you a ton!! :)"

"Customer service needs to be worked on, only have 1 customer service rep. (Same female everytime I called). Was told order was taking longer due to getting frames from Italy (made in China).
Overall process took 1 month, 3 & 1/2 weeks to fill, 4 days shipping (paid $29.99 for expedited shipping)
Prescription was perfect, so is quality of lenses and frames.
I would recommended if you are not in a hurry, and would like to save money.

This review was modified by yelrabe on June 30 2015 12:19:45 PM

"I just want to post a review of LensesRX because I just received a perfect pair of eyeglasses from them. I chose to order from them because they offer the widest name brand progressive lenses among all the online retailers. My combination was a Marchon frame & Kodak lenses (the older generation Kodaks are great for intermediate distant). They did the work and shipped out in less than a week, which was great. The eyeglasses I received are just perfect, from the nice polishing of the half-rim lenses to the high quality case & nice Kodak cleaning cloth, and total price was just mid-range. So a big thank to them.
Tip for progressive wearers: make sure your prescription & PD are correct because the smallest differences (.25 diopter and a few mm off) can make a big impact on your vision.

Dennis N.

"Very rude, unpleasant to deal with, no manager on site...they screw up and refuse to own up to it...the worst place to do deal with....how do they stay in business with all these bad reviews?????"

"Got the glasses a few days ago. Great fit, great lenses, great price. A satisfied customer. Thanks.
Mark LeCoque

This review was modified by mjl55 on June 19 2015 11:23:07 AM

"Love the glasses. Fit perfectly. I only bought the frames because I wanted my eye doctor's place to fill the lens. LensesRX was easy to work with and would recommend them to my friends."

"Ordered for a lens replacement (dark grey, polarized). Prescription was fine but the tint could not even be considered medium grey. Called customer service and was informed that they would redo the lenses at their cost (minus shipping). Sent the glasses back the same day. Checked tracking to confirm glasses had arrived May 21. May 25, no update. May 27, still no update so called customer service and was told by rude rep that orders were processed in the order they arrived. Later that day received update work was in progress (coincidence? don’t think so). June 3, no shipping update. Emailed customer service about the poor turnaround and was emailed back that my glasses didn’t arrive until May 27 and work began on them immediately (don’t these idiots know people track their packages?) Later on June 3rd received shipping notice (coincidence? don’t think so). I’ve ordered glasses from other online vendors with less turnaround time and definitely less attitude. Won’t be using LensesRX again."

This review was modified by 1billmar1 on June 04 2015 07:28:55 AM

"Ordered frames (in stock) and rx lenses on 5-6-15 including $30 for rush delivery. On 5-18-15, I called for update and talked to the rudest customer service rep EVER.
She said frames took 3-4 days to receive, lenses i ordered up to two weeks to make, plus shipping.
I said website says the frames were in stock and the longest time to make says 7-10 days. I still wanted the glasses but wanted my $30 for rush delivery back. She said if she refunded the rush delivery fee that would add 5-7 days to delivery date (which is still not confirmed), so I told her she needed to cancel my order. She said thank you and hung up phone! Have not received any cancellation notice nor has my money been refunded. Too many other places to buy glasses, my 2cents....

"I just got my lenses replaced for the second time in the glasses I originally bought from LensesRX. THEY WERE DONE EXACTLY RIGHT AGAIN. I got my eye exam at Costco because I really think the guy there does a good job. So I decided to have some glasses done by Costco. I could not read up close. So I had them redone and I still could not read uncles. Then when I got my glasses back from LensesRX I could see uncles and at a distance. Great Job"

This review was modified by clonbrown on May 19 2015 07:11:36 AM

"The sunglasses are of extremely poor quality, and made with the wrong color lenses. I am attempting to return them and get a refund; I will post another review when I get the response from this vendor.

EXTREMELY expensive considering the quality is so bad that I cannot use the sunglasses.

This review was modified by CJohnson44 on April 14 2015 12:12:46 AM

"I was little hesitant to try on-line lense replacement but gave lenses ex.com a try based on reviews I read and I was not disappointed. I sent in 3 frames with single lense prescription and they were sent back in no time. However, there was a prescription error and the customer service was very helpful. I sent them back the frames and they came back corrected in no time and now they fit perfectly well. I would now buy with confidence from them anything including frames without paying three times to the other much known retailers. "

This review was modified by chiria3 on April 06 2015 04:03:48 PM

"They suck you in with the lowest price on the frame (insane how much less just the frame was compared with other sites plus brick and mortar near me) but the customer service is nearly non-existent, plus their stated policies are nebulous so they can, evidently, alter them at will. I ordered three frames (no prescription lenses as I'll only have those done at a lab near me -- online is too questionable) and needed to return one (so keeping two) as it did not fit my face. Multiple times did I leave voice messages (because no one answers the phone), send e-mails, use their online form. Finally I did receive an e-response, so I returned them with all kinds of confirmation of delivery (so LensesRx couldn't pull a fast one as I was already doubting them). They did, ultimately, refund me a portion of the frame cost. I doublechecked their site and nowhere does it state a penalty to be incurred, but when someone finally got back to me I was told that the entire cost of shipping was deducted from my return. That makes no sense as I kept two of the frames I ordered, and they were more expensive than the frame I returned. This kind of underhanded business practice is wrong, and the aggravation has cost me more than if I'd spent more on the frames in the first place. You get what you pay for, and I got a sour experience and knowledge to never use LensesRx again."

This review was modified by incolo on February 11 2015 09:38:15 AM

Share LensesRX's store rating

LensesRX is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

LensesRX is not a merchant member
LensesRX does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!