Product & services pricing Rating 6.55/10 6.55/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.81/10 3.81/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.47/10 4.47/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.05/10 4.05/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.73/10 1.73/10

"Lenses Rx has excellent customer support! I am near sighted, have a high prescription, and bad astigmatism. Initially my PD measurement was off, so I called into Lenses Rx and the optician Cameron walked me through how to properly measure my PD. I sent my glasses back in (I had purchased the extended warranty) and I was thrilled to finally have a pair of glasses where the vision was so clear! They turned out perfectly! I'd like to specially thank Lawrence Cameron for spending the extra time with me to explain PD and walking me through how to measure my own PD. I can see more clearly than ever before. I appreciate him for doing such a fantastic job in customer support and delivering a perfect product. I'm definitely going to request to him to do my glasses every time!"

modified review This review was modified by lindz88 on October 31 2014 02:16:55 PM

"My experience with LensesRX was great. They responded to email questions in record time and were polite and helpful. I was unable to find the glasses I bought online any where cheaper... and that included the prescription. All this and my glasses showed up a week before I expected ... they were faster than most walk-in stores I've been to. I will most definitely be using them when it is time for new prescription sunglasses. "

modified review This review was modified by USNKEENAN on October 21 2014 06:32:21 PM

"Horrible service. Stay away from TABATHA.
My experience with Customer service rep TABATHA was is as follows:
1) if you have an issue AFTER paying, customer service can't (or won't) do anything;
2) she was short, rude and unaccommodating;
3) all my concerns were forwarded to the "RMA" department (akin to a clearing house for complaints) and despite wanting to resolve this she said I'd have to wait (again) 24-72 hours or longer and they'd call me back - basically at their convenience?;
4) I've now exchanged over 8 calls with CS, multiple voicemails, and over 15 emails exchanged, and I still have frames with incorrect prescriptions. This has cost me a boat load of time and absolutely has not made this purchase worth it from a cost perspective.
5) their return policy and warranty guarantees for "100% satisfaction" are not accurate. If the prescription is incorrect they will blame it on the customer. Well at least TABATHA did. Unreal;
6)***TAKE a SCREEN SHOT of the Prescription you enter BEFORE and after submitting your ORDER! I did but my server at work underwent maintenance and deleted all the files on my desktop (including my screen shot, confirming the prescription I entered. I explained this to TABATHA and she basically proceeded to say I was lying (in a round about way) saying "I've heard it many times before from customers about swearing that they entered the correct information but the reality is they didn't." W-O-W;
7)***DO NOT use online retailers that do not allow you to upload your physical copy of your prescription. I was allowed to do so with GO-Optic, on a previous order, and had ZERO issues. Hands down better customer service, more costly frames but way better service.
8) conclusion: stay away. They are not helpful, arrogant, and unaccomodating (granted my opinion is largely based on my interactions with TABATHA and the failure of LenseRX to advance my concerns in an efficient manner).

modified review This review was modified by JumpJump on October 13 2014 11:01:04 PM

"I have worn metal frame glasses my entire life. I bought Burberry frames from LensesRX assuming they were good quality. In less than 6 months the copper color from the frames was flaking off. I always store my frames in the case provided so as to avoid scratching, etc. First, LensesRX denied my request for a new set of frames. Only after calling and complaining did they agree to provide me with new frames--ONLY if I first returned my frames that contained my prescription lenses. Even after I explained that I would not be able to see without my prescription glasses LensesRX would not budge. If you are looking for quality frames that will last at least one year do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY FRAMES from LensesRX! "

modified review This review was modified by reedlocs on October 12 2014 07:22:38 PM

"the lenses came in exactly the right size, specification and with an authenticity certificate from crizal. when i bought from other online retailers, they never added a certificate. i can also tell from the thin lenses and from how easily dirt wipes off what they have indeed installed what i paid for: the thinnest lenses on the market with the highest end crizal coating. shipping was free to canada which is also excellent. i can recommend lensesRX and i will order again with confidence"

"Horrible customer service.
Ordered some non-prescription sunglasses.
There was no indication that the item i ordered was on back order. A few weeks later I received notice that it was on back order and that it would come in a week. After not receiving them I called and they said it was delayed further. This happened 3 times. Now, over 2 months after I ordered I still don't have the sunglasses and it is still on back order. When I call to get details or some kind of customer service compensation, they tell me "too bad, you can cancel if you want".

"Very bad experience with this company. Sent them my $450 frames, ordered $300 progressive lenses and did not receive either back form them. They mailed them but when the package broke they claimed no responsibility, therefore no refund. I lost $750 with this company."

modified review This review was modified by baumgartner on September 15 2014 09:36:53 AM

"Very disappointed with this company. Customer Service was trashy. Ordered on the 14th of month. It's the 26th now. No glasses, no action. Argued with a customer service on the "live chat" of their website. It does not mention a 5 day period for "getting glasses from warehouse". Also, says nothing about taking 7 "business days" to fit lenses. Why would you need 7 business days? Lenscrafters can do it in an hour. If this is your logistics system in sincerely needs work. I could have driven to NY made these glasses myself and driven home 3 times over in this amount of time. I also got expedited shipping. My mistake. 30 bucks down the tube. Will be following up with card charge back and BBB dispute if not received this week.

modified review This review was modified by kwoo23 on August 26 2014 12:05:38 PM

"Prior to ordering, I called LensesRX to see if my desired frames were available and that it would be possible to have new prescription glasses delivered within a 14 day hard deadline. The customer service representative was friendly and reassured me that delivery would not be a problem with my selected frames.

I placed an order for a pair of Nike prescription glasses and received them 5 days after ordering. Price of the frames and lenses was nearly 1/2 the price of a major retail chain.

Received multiple status update emails notifying me of every step involved with my order.

modified review This review was modified by al2oids on August 25 2014 02:22:33 PM

"I had once before shopped at LensesRX and I was satisfied. But the second time, they really caused me so much aggravation by returning my glasses back to them to correctly fitted with a right lenses according to the prescription I submitted them. After receiving the glasses the second time, to my demise, They still could not get it right. I took the glasses to the optician that I had my eyes checked thinking that there might be something wrong with prescription. After they examined the lenses, they said the lenses do not match that of prescription. At this time, I'm totally furious and extremely frustrated with the negligence on behalf of the LensesRX people and recommend others to look elsewhere for their online prescription glasses, if possible avoid all online companies for obtaining your prescription glasses."

modified review This review was modified by zahideyilmaz on August 02 2014 10:36:01 AM

"I recently ordered two frames through LensesRX, and the experience was awesome for both transactions! I already own a pair of the Marc Jacobs MMJ 504 style, and wanted to get more in other colors. I did not order lenses. The customer service cannot be beat! The site was easy to peruse, and I really like how I was kept informed of the order status during its entire process. Each frame arrived nicely packaged and protected, and just how I ordered them. I will definitely be a return customer, and will recommend LensesRX to all of my family and friends! Kudos!"

"Quality problem after problem. I purchased lenses replacement for my eye glasses and paid $39.95 for anti-reflective coating. However, I still see the annoying reflections. Returned the glasses to LensesRx. The problem seems to be take care off. However, with the new lenses, I had a headache after 10 minutes. My optometrist checked the glasses and said one of the 2 lenses had wrong prescription with too much astigmatism. LenseRx told me if I could provide a statement from my optometrist that the lenses were wrong, it would replace the lenses. And so I did that and sent LenseRx the statement. Upon reviewing the statement, LenseRx said the statement did not state exactly how wrong numerically and so it refused to do anything. It seems to me LenseRx just tries to find a reason so it does not have to do anything. My optometrist told me w/o knowing the exact position of the eyes, online glasses companies will have to make a guess and so the prescription glasses sometime work, sometime don't. LenseRx claims it had a "formula" to come up with the position of the eyes that would work 95% of the time. I don't how good that "formula" is, all I know is it does not work and LenseRx won't accept responsibilities when it does not work. LenseRx also guaranties the lenses are made correctly with no time limit. However, I was told that I waited too long (6 months) and so it could not do anything! liar!"

modified review This review was modified by cia-sj on September 09 2014 03:39:14 PM

"My new glasses just arrived today from LensesRX. Not only did i get my frames and lenses for almost half of what i found them for elsewhere (used an online coupon) i had them to my door in under a month (and 2 weeks less than the time i was quoted).

Read alot of negative reviews but I was more than satisfied. I would highly suggest using them if you plan on getting new glasses.

PS - my prescription was also perfect, i can finally see again without using my old superglued together frames.

modified review This review was modified by Coupea on July 11 2014 02:56:44 PM

"I had my son's prescription glasses filled in November at lensesrx.com. He thought they were great. When we went for his annual exam, the doctor said the prescription on the left lens was not correct. When I called lensesrx.com to have the lenses corrected per their online policy, "Prescription accuracy is guaranteed for the lifetime of the lenses.", they told me that they filled it out correctly because she was looking at the report that said they did. She did not respond when I told her there must have been an error at their lab and ultimately hung up on me. Originally I was so excited about getting these glasses online. Now I will NEVER get glasses online and be sure to spread the word about the bad customer service and quality of work provided by LensesRX.com."

modified review This review was modified by swatson-62753 on July 11 2014 12:57:25 PM

"06-03-2014
During the online order process at the website of LENSESRx.com, there was no option to select the size trifocal (10x35) I wished to order. I called the company's number and spoke to a customer service person about the reason for the call. She put me on hold for a time to "check with the optician" about my request for the 10x35. When she came back to me, she said it could be done but would cost an extra $60. I agreed to the extra cost for the 10x35 trifocal lenses. The order was completed (Order Number 038***). The invoice listed charges of $189.75 for polycarbonate lenses; $60 for upgrade to 10x35 trifocal; a total discount of $16.98; and an actual total of $232.77. I sent my frame USPS to LENSESRx expecting to receive what I had ordered. I sent with the frame a drawing indicating where the top segment of the 10x35 (labeled in the drawing) was to be placed in the lenses.

06-17-2014
I received the new lenses installed in my frame. The lenses were not what I had ordered (10x35 trifocals). The new lenses received were smaller 8x35 trifocals, so I called LENSESRx. The customer service person did not seem to understand the reason for my call and was not helpful. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and she said a supervisor was not available but that she would have a supervisor call me. I did not get a call back from a supervisor.

06-18-2014
I called LENSESRx and asked for a supervisor. Margarita replied that she was a supervisor. I referenced the Order Number and explained the reason for my call. Margarita told me LENSESRx could not make 10x35 trifocals (that's not what I was told on 06-03-2014 during the order process) and that the extra charge for $60 was for 8x35 trifocals. I reminded her that the LENSESRx invoice for my order 038693 plainly indicates that the extra $60 charge was for upgrade to 10x35 trifocals. After much discussion, Margarita finally offered me a $60 store credit. I explained to Margarita that because LENSESRx had misrepresented itself to me as being capable of providing 10x35 trifocals as ordered and shown on the LENSESRx invoice, but could not, then charging me for something I did not order nor want, I would never order from LENSESRx again and that the store credit had no value to me. I finally asked for a full refund under the 30-day warranty. Margarita told me it would not be a full refund, that the refund would be $217.??. This comment resulted in my reminding Margarita that I ordered in good faith exactly what I wanted and had paid extra for exactly what I wanted after having been told by the LENSESRx person who took and completed the order it could be done. If, at any point in the order process I had been told the lenses would be 8x35 trifocals, I would not have ordered. At no point in the order process did I have any indication my order for 10x35 trifocals would not be as ordered. Nothing more from Margarita, so I asked to speak to her manager, and I think she said there was no manager above her. After more conversation and my pressing her to speak to someone else, she said she would have the regional manager call in an hour. There was no call.

06-19-2014
I spoke to the regional manager and to Margarita again. Only frustration. I asked for a refund and, two or three days later, sent my frame and their incorrect lenses to LENSESRx.

06-27-2014
LENSESRx did refund the full $232.77, but all this would have been avoided if at any point LENSESRx had told me that it could not do lenses for me as ordered, but instead making something I did not order and did not want. Apparently, I'm fortunate to have gotten the full refund. Unfortunately, I had the expense of mailing and insurance for my frame to LENSESRx twice, as well as the hassle and unhappiness of dealing with this company.

07-03-2014
Received my frame from LENSESRx.

LensesRX is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

LensesRX is not a merchant member
LensesRX does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!