• LensesRX

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.77/10 4.77/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.45/10 5.45/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.25/10 5.25/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

"Customer service needs to be worked on, only have 1 customer service rep. (Same female everytime I called). Was told order was taking longer due to getting frames from Italy (made in China).
Overall process took 1 month, 3 & 1/2 weeks to fill, 4 days shipping (paid $29.99 for expedited shipping)
Prescription was perfect, so is quality of lenses and frames.
I would recommended if you are not in a hurry, and would like to save money.

This review was modified by yelrabe on June 30 2015 12:19:45 PM

"I just want to post a review of LensesRX because I just received a perfect pair of eyeglasses from them. I chose to order from them because they offer the widest name brand progressive lenses among all the online retailers. My combination was a Marchon frame & Kodak lenses (the older generation Kodaks are great for intermediate distant). They did the work and shipped out in less than a week, which was great. The eyeglasses I received are just perfect, from the nice polishing of the half-rim lenses to the high quality case & nice Kodak cleaning cloth, and total price was just mid-range. So a big thank to them.
Tip for progressive wearers: make sure your prescription & PD are correct because the smallest differences (.25 diopter and a few mm off) can make a big impact on your vision.

Dennis N.

"Very rude, unpleasant to deal with, no manager on site...they screw up and refuse to own up to it...the worst place to do deal with....how do they stay in business with all these bad reviews?????"

"Got the glasses a few days ago. Great fit, great lenses, great price. A satisfied customer. Thanks.
Mark LeCoque

This review was modified by mjl55 on June 19 2015 11:23:07 AM

"Love the glasses. Fit perfectly. I only bought the frames because I wanted my eye doctor's place to fill the lens. LensesRX was easy to work with and would recommend them to my friends."

"Ordered for a lens replacement (dark grey, polarized). Prescription was fine but the tint could not even be considered medium grey. Called customer service and was informed that they would redo the lenses at their cost (minus shipping). Sent the glasses back the same day. Checked tracking to confirm glasses had arrived May 21. May 25, no update. May 27, still no update so called customer service and was told by rude rep that orders were processed in the order they arrived. Later that day received update work was in progress (coincidence? don’t think so). June 3, no shipping update. Emailed customer service about the poor turnaround and was emailed back that my glasses didn’t arrive until May 27 and work began on them immediately (don’t these idiots know people track their packages?) Later on June 3rd received shipping notice (coincidence? don’t think so). I’ve ordered glasses from other online vendors with less turnaround time and definitely less attitude. Won’t be using LensesRX again."

This review was modified by 1billmar1 on June 04 2015 07:28:55 AM

"Ordered frames (in stock) and rx lenses on 5-6-15 including $30 for rush delivery. On 5-18-15, I called for update and talked to the rudest customer service rep EVER.
She said frames took 3-4 days to receive, lenses i ordered up to two weeks to make, plus shipping.
I said website says the frames were in stock and the longest time to make says 7-10 days. I still wanted the glasses but wanted my $30 for rush delivery back. She said if she refunded the rush delivery fee that would add 5-7 days to delivery date (which is still not confirmed), so I told her she needed to cancel my order. She said thank you and hung up phone! Have not received any cancellation notice nor has my money been refunded. Too many other places to buy glasses, my 2cents....

"I just got my lenses replaced for the second time in the glasses I originally bought from LensesRX. THEY WERE DONE EXACTLY RIGHT AGAIN. I got my eye exam at Costco because I really think the guy there does a good job. So I decided to have some glasses done by Costco. I could not read up close. So I had them redone and I still could not read uncles. Then when I got my glasses back from LensesRX I could see uncles and at a distance. Great Job"

This review was modified by clonbrown on May 19 2015 07:11:36 AM

"The sunglasses are of extremely poor quality, and made with the wrong color lenses. I am attempting to return them and get a refund; I will post another review when I get the response from this vendor.

EXTREMELY expensive considering the quality is so bad that I cannot use the sunglasses.

This review was modified by CJohnson44 on April 14 2015 12:12:46 AM

"I was little hesitant to try on-line lense replacement but gave lenses ex.com a try based on reviews I read and I was not disappointed. I sent in 3 frames with single lense prescription and they were sent back in no time. However, there was a prescription error and the customer service was very helpful. I sent them back the frames and they came back corrected in no time and now they fit perfectly well. I would now buy with confidence from them anything including frames without paying three times to the other much known retailers. "

This review was modified by chiria3 on April 06 2015 04:03:48 PM

"They suck you in with the lowest price on the frame (insane how much less just the frame was compared with other sites plus brick and mortar near me) but the customer service is nearly non-existent, plus their stated policies are nebulous so they can, evidently, alter them at will. I ordered three frames (no prescription lenses as I'll only have those done at a lab near me -- online is too questionable) and needed to return one (so keeping two) as it did not fit my face. Multiple times did I leave voice messages (because no one answers the phone), send e-mails, use their online form. Finally I did receive an e-response, so I returned them with all kinds of confirmation of delivery (so LensesRx couldn't pull a fast one as I was already doubting them). They did, ultimately, refund me a portion of the frame cost. I doublechecked their site and nowhere does it state a penalty to be incurred, but when someone finally got back to me I was told that the entire cost of shipping was deducted from my return. That makes no sense as I kept two of the frames I ordered, and they were more expensive than the frame I returned. This kind of underhanded business practice is wrong, and the aggravation has cost me more than if I'd spent more on the frames in the first place. You get what you pay for, and I got a sour experience and knowledge to never use LensesRx again."

This review was modified by incolo on February 11 2015 09:38:15 AM

"I read through the reviews and was hesitant to place an order, but the frames I wanted were the best deal I could find so I took a chance. I called to be sure the frames I wanted were actually in stock. The website said they were, but I wanted to talk to a rep to get a feel for their customer service. The rep was nice enough, and said my frames were indeed available. I walked through the online wizard, and entered my prescription information, selected the lens type and Crizal coating, no problems. I placed my order on a Monday, and the confirmation said my delivery would be ready in 3-4 weeks with "medium delivery" priority. That was fine with me, since I had an old pair of glasses I could use in the meantime. I received several emails that day with updates on the status of my order. I was pleasantly surprised to get confirmation of shipment on Thursday, and had my glasses in hand on Monday. Only one week from order to delivery, and the glasses arrived exactly as expected! Who can argue with that? I’ll definitely order from them again."

This review was modified by mkoty9 on November 24 2014 08:51:30 AM

"Lenses Rx has excellent customer support! I am near sighted, have a high prescription, and bad astigmatism. Initially my PD measurement was off, so I called into Lenses Rx and the optician Cameron walked me through how to properly measure my PD. I sent my glasses back in (I had purchased the extended warranty) and I was thrilled to finally have a pair of glasses where the vision was so clear! They turned out perfectly! I'd like to specially thank Lawrence Cameron for spending the extra time with me to explain PD and walking me through how to measure my own PD. I can see more clearly than ever before. I appreciate him for doing such a fantastic job in customer support and delivering a perfect product. I'm definitely going to request to him to do my glasses every time!"

This review was modified by lindz88 on October 31 2014 02:16:55 PM

"My experience with LensesRX was great. They responded to email questions in record time and were polite and helpful. I was unable to find the glasses I bought online any where cheaper... and that included the prescription. All this and my glasses showed up a week before I expected ... they were faster than most walk-in stores I've been to. I will most definitely be using them when it is time for new prescription sunglasses. "

This review was modified by USNKEENAN on October 21 2014 06:32:21 PM

"Horrible service. Stay away from TABATHA.
My experience with Customer service rep TABATHA was is as follows:
1) if you have an issue AFTER paying, customer service can't (or won't) do anything;
2) she was short, rude and unaccommodating;
3) all my concerns were forwarded to the "RMA" department (akin to a clearing house for complaints) and despite wanting to resolve this she said I'd have to wait (again) 24-72 hours or longer and they'd call me back - basically at their convenience?;
4) I've now exchanged over 8 calls with CS, multiple voicemails, and over 15 emails exchanged, and I still have frames with incorrect prescriptions. This has cost me a boat load of time and absolutely has not made this purchase worth it from a cost perspective.
5) their return policy and warranty guarantees for "100% satisfaction" are not accurate. If the prescription is incorrect they will blame it on the customer. Well at least TABATHA did. Unreal;
6)***TAKE a SCREEN SHOT of the Prescription you enter BEFORE and after submitting your ORDER! I did but my server at work underwent maintenance and deleted all the files on my desktop (including my screen shot, confirming the prescription I entered. I explained this to TABATHA and she basically proceeded to say I was lying (in a round about way) saying "I've heard it many times before from customers about swearing that they entered the correct information but the reality is they didn't." W-O-W;
7)***DO NOT use online retailers that do not allow you to upload your physical copy of your prescription. I was allowed to do so with GO-Optic, on a previous order, and had ZERO issues. Hands down better customer service, more costly frames but way better service.
8) conclusion: stay away. They are not helpful, arrogant, and unaccomodating (granted my opinion is largely based on my interactions with TABATHA and the failure of LenseRX to advance my concerns in an efficient manner).

This review was modified by JumpJump on October 13 2014 11:01:04 PM

Share LensesRX's store rating

LensesRX is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

LensesRX is not a merchant member
LensesRX does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!