Stores > Lenovo

Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.50/10 0.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
Voice your opinion! Review Lenovo by clicking a star below.
2017-08-19

In Home Service Contract - 4 times the rep tried to get me to send it to depot service, awaiting call from mgr to discuss in home..

"I purchase a Lenovo Z70 with a three year extended warranty with in home service. I paid a premium for in home service, as I use my laptop all day long, and cannot be without it for a few weeks for service. The in home service also has a target repair time of one day (a joke obviously). I have had Lenovo products for years, as I am a retiree from IBM who sold their PC division to Lenovo. Being a former IBM employee, I am familiar with parts they consider to be Customer / Field Replaceable Units, like power bricks, key boards, touch pads, and hard drives.....

I saved up a few minor issues (keyboard and touch pad) until I had a major issue, to minimize trips. Now the socket where the power adapter plugs in is failing and the laptop only charges if I wiggle the plug in a certain way and stop... So I suspect it is a mother board on the laptop.

it also appears that Lenovo either now subcontracts out warranty service to a third party or outright sells the service contracts to a third party, who made me email pictures of my three key board keys that often put two or three of them in place of a single character when I type. I also had to email a picture of the mouse button on the touch pad that is sticking up on one end. Of course I had to email a picture of the socket where the power adapter plugs in. Really, what are you going to gain from that???

So over the course of the conversation, the rep repeated indicated that the best way to get this fixed was to mail it to depot service, at my expense, let them fix it and return it. I repeatedly indicated:
1) I paid a premium for in home service with a 1 day service target,
2) I use the laptop daily and cannot be without it for the depot service (why I bought the premium in home service with a 1 day service target)
3) I offered to allow them to send a loaner at their expense, that I would install my hard drive and return my laptop needing service to their depot at their expense, which of course I shouldn't have to do, given the warranty plan I purchased.

So after emailing pictures, being told I needed to ship it in repeatedly, they are escalating my case to a customer service manager to get the service plan I purchased. I now have to wait to 3 days for the customer service manager to either email or call me back, of course my upgraded warranty has a 1 day service time target (not a guarantee).

Ultimately, I shouldn't have to beg, argue or negotiate to get the service level I purchased . That is not the case with Lenovo. I wouldn't have been upset if they offered a discount on a future purchase if I used depot service rather than in home and gave me the option to accept or decline, but having to fight to get what I paid for and wait for an escalation to a manager for a decision is ridiculous. If I can figure out how to update my review with the outcome, until then buyer beware.

2017-07-30

"Have to lenovo yoga never had bigger **** then them two a specialy a small one i would like to punch them in the face for selling it in the market !!!! My cousin sister have one she said worst lap top ever !!! I WILL TROW MY ONE TO THE WALL AS I WOULD NOT SELL SUCH A **** TO ANY ONE !!!"

Colbert WA
2017-07-27

Warranty Service Couldn't Have Been Worse - Unbelievable

"I paid for an on-site service warranty. Hard drive showed errors in June. Lenovo said a tech guy would be out soon. Took about 2 weeks to hear from him!! Fortunately the drive still worked. He went to pick up the hard drive at FedEx and found out it was still in Kentucky. Had to re-schedule a week later. On-site tech couldn't get the operating system onto the hard drive (error message with install discs). Had to mail in! I have a CPA firm that really can't function very well without its server. Mailed Thursday 7-20. Went out of town until Wednesday 7-26. Was expecting it back and found out it was shipped Fedex GROUND!!
Took 6 days to ship!! I called multiple times and talked to multiple managers. I informed them I MUST have the computer shipped back OVERNIGHT as my practice was at a semi-standstill. I said I would pay for it if I had to. Repair completed today (7-27). I checked the tracking number and IT WAS SENT BACK TO ME FEDEX GROUND again! I won't get it until Tuesday 8-2!! 12 days without a computer and 11 days were shipping time even though managers put in instructions to ship back overnight or 2-day.
I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH LENOVO AGAIN - EVER!

2017-07-24

product freezes, you pay for it

"Arianne: Hi, welcome to Lenovo Chat Services, I'm Arianne. I'll be your Lenovo technician today.
Jenna W: Hi Arianne
Arianne: I checked your problem description. That must be inconvenient. Don't worry I'm here to help you get a ticket started.
Jenna W: Thank you
...................................
.....................................
Arianne: After that, reconnect the charger.
Jenna W: Done
Arianne: Does the laptop turn on?
Arianne: Does the laptop turn on?
Jenna W: No
Arianne: Look for the pinhole button with inverted U icon next to either the dc in port or power button. For some models it may be located on the side next to the card reader.
Does it turn on that way?
Arianne: Left side next to the dc in port.
Arianne: Does it turn on that way? Is there a charging light next to the power button when the charger is connected?
Jenna W: There's a charging light but it still doesn't turn on
Arianne: Is this your work laptop?
Jenna Walton: It is my work laptop, but I am borrowing another one to use for now.
Arianne: Do you see any signs of damage, like cracks, dents, scratches, or liquid spills?
Jenna W: I only had one program on it (netbeans) for my summer programming class. it would freeze when that was the only thing in use. And i'd lose all progress.
Jenna W: It looks good
Arianne: Upon checking our system, your unit is still under warranty. Lenovo will shoulder the repair, replacement of the parts, and the shipping of the laptop back to you, though you need to take care of the shipping of the unit to our repair center.
Arianne: Fortunately, I have a better option for you. Here’s what we’re going to do, we will send you a box and a shipping label as a one-time add on service to your warranty. This process will be more convenient and more secure for you, and this will only cost $34 before taxes.
Jenna W: Does this extend the warranty?
Arianne: It is a one time add on.
Jenna W: I had a Dell computer years ago and a shipping label was included since the computer was under warranty. I don't think the consumer should have to continue paying for a defective product.

Jenna W: Will I be reimbursed for the shipping costs?
Arianne: No Jenna. The warranty that comes with the machine gives you the chance to have your unit repaired by our Lenovo technicians at an authorized service center. The service center is centralized in Kentucky. The unit is entitled to 1 way shipping.
Arianne: Lenovo has a standing account with FedEx, so they already know the process and where to send your unit. I can guarantee that this unit will be sent to us safe and sound. Again, this is only for $34 before taxes and you’re fully covered.
Arianne: I can guarantee that the price will roughly be the same as other couriers, so let me make this easier for you. Instead of going out and processing this by yourself, allow me to process this for you right now and you just have to sit back, relax, and wait for the box.
Jenna W: Can you please send my ticket to a manager. Or have your manager call me?
This is very unusual practice and paying $34 to ship Lenovo's defective product back to them is substandard protocol. I have already been quite inconvenienced by this thus far **** product.
Jenna W: excuse my language. i was just hoping that the negative company reviews were not universally true.
Arianne: I'm sorry to hear that. I can have a supervisor call you but the warranty process will still be the same. That is the warranty entitlement of your machine. If you want to send it in, you may choose your own courier.
Jenna W: if it has another issue will i have to pay $34 again to send it? this is starting to look like a bad investment.
Who do i need to talk to to get the shipping reimbursed?
Arianne: We do not have a process for reimbursement Jenna.
Jenna W: If not a process, how about a shipping label?
Dell technicians email them. I haven't heard of a computer company that doesn't.
Arianne: Please understand that this is a different company all together. You bought a Lenovo.
Jenna W: I understand this all too late.
So you are saying you cannot refer me to anyone with the authority to print a shipping label?
Arianne: No. If you wish to ship it, you can send it using any courier. I am just offering an add on for your convenience.
Jenna W: Okay. Thank you for your time.
I will ship it using a courier of my choice.

2017-07-16

Desktop and support

"New out of the box with problems. MS Edge not working properly. Tech support did provide useful info. Then had issues with complete shutdown of PC when printing to HP LaserJet. Support said they would look into issue for $99.00. Unacceptable to me with a new machine. Support tech claimed the registry was messed up. (Have not downloaded any suspect software)"

2017-06-25

No respects for customer, but they only look for their own benefit

"My M900 tiny 6 months old, started to stuck then tried to re-image Windows from internal drive but failed. Re-image from external USB image drive was also failed. Lenovo support changed my original parts(Motherboard+Hdd, but they used refurbished parts) without proper investigation. But windows installation from provided USB image disk was again failed. The machine were sent to their repair centre,and sent me back with Windows 7, instead of the original version Windows 10. The machine was sent to repair centre again, came back with Windows 10 Pro, instead of original version Windows 10 Home. Then I tried to check if re-image from internal drive is possible, but it did not go through.
It took 2 months now. I was asking them to send me brand new PC but refusing and instead taking my time for over 2 months knowing this is only one PC which I use for work for living. They don't consider customer inconvenience, but they only care their own profit.
They have given me enough damage financially and mentally.

2017-06-21

Lenovo phone doesn't work work from day 5

"The sim was not detected and the service centre had a minor repair. Later after 3 days the screen got struck and the service team says it is jus because of charging pin problem. When my phone troubles me for every 3 days what is the hope that it works for a life time. Donot but Lenovo. There's no proper person to give a reply. They repsect the customer until u buy the product once the product is saled there is no concern for anyone"

2017-06-04

Laptop was lenOVER within months

"Bought an E440 Laptop in 2014 thinking Lenovo was a good brand. The mouse/touchpad stopped working within 2-3 weeks. Service was super slow to get back to me with a solution. Wireless mouse followed months later. Sent it for repairs before wireless went down - they took forever and half, they sent it back with a different keypad cover. Never worked the same after that. Now it's got an E431 cover engraved on it, not the E440. Touchpad worked ok for a couple of days and then became weird to work on. It's not smooth to the touch, but more friction-y; the right click is off. Just a cumbersome, not well built feature.

Wireless router freezes every 5-8 minutes for 10-15 minutes. So it's takes 1-2 hours to do anything productive that would usually take 10 minutes. I started this comment at 10 am. It is now 11:31. Last May or so is when I noticed this freezing thing. First thought it was the Wifi connection, but it wasn't. It has been super frustrating trying to do online work on the laptop.

Don't want to send it back because it's such a hassle and I still needed something to work with anyway. Can't do much with it online except word processing, so I go the library to submit papers, applications for jobs, update my online portfolio "image" or projects etc or use someone else's if I can. Thank you for taking me back to the 90s Lenovo. I will never buy one of these **** things ever again.

2017-03-29

The worst laptop

"The worst laptop ive ever had!!!!!! Newly purchased ideapad 310, after using of 11 days i got a problem with the hard drive, a lot of lag when openning a folder and browser! Wtf this brand its a piece of garbage!!!"

2017-03-09

Lenovo ideapad 100 can't handle Skype

"A month ago I bought a Lenovo ideapad 100 so that I would be able to Skype with my son and grandchildren that live thousand of miles away. I am on social security so this for me was a major purchase. Upon trying to Skype I found that I had to hold the computer up and close to my face and yell at the computer for my son to be able to hear me. When I called Lenovo I was told by their tech that the reason why my son and grandchildren can not hear me is because I bought a cheap computer. That I would have to go purchase something to add onto my computer to be able to get it to function the way it is suppose to. "

2017-03-06

Customer Ser...what?

"I bought my Lenovo on 01-13-2017 and received it 12 days later. Unfortunately the mouse was damaged and unusable. I contacted Customer Service and they said they will replace it (they have to send me a new keyboard as well, even though I do not need it). Today is March 6, 2017 and to this day, every day on the website the message is the following "despite our best efforts to maintain inventory of all repair components, the service part needed to repair your machine is currently unavailable.. We are working diligently to obtain replenishment inventory and will ship your part as soon as it becomes available". I called customer service again and they told me there is nothing they can do. I find it extremely strange (and very irritating) that such a big Company as Lenovo does not have a Lenovo mouse in their inventory. I was told that I need to keep waiting...... "

2017-02-23

doing everything they can to not make money

"my recent attempt to purchase a laptop was the worst transaction of my life. i spent at least six hours over four days to no avail. i had nine orders all cancelled due to "not passing internal security checks." i was first told it was a problem with my bank (no problem on bank end), then told it was my IP address (running a vpn i changed it to US and tried again), then told it was my bank again (not true as it was pending lenovo authorization), then i was told it would go through with a rep placing the order through the phone (failed twice), then told the address i was shipping to was a business and it had to be a residence (huh?), then i tried to ship it to my mother's address as i was traveling. this was the most backwards, frustrating display of capitalistic incompetence i've ever experienced. it's a shame as i've got five thinkpads around the house and have continued with them even throughout the switch to lenovo. the products remain good, but the service is so bad i've given up. "

2017-01-17

Worst customer service I have ever experienced from an online retailer.

"My recommendation is to order from a different supplier. Order process has been shambolic with very poor communication. Ordered on the 22/12/2017 and product still not arrived. The product does not ship within 7 days as advertised. Needless to say, the amount has been debited from my bank account. Phoned yesterday morning and spoke with supervisor who was to phone back that afternoon with an update on what was happening. Surprise, no call back. Very poor communication within the organisation, do not order from them if you need the product any time soon. It is a shame because I quite like Lenovo products."

2016-12-20

do yourself a favor, don't buy lenovo

"I've had multiple issues with lenovo and their technical/support staff is extremely incompetent. I would never wish this type of emotional distress on anyone. And you can't even return it without paying a 15% plus shipping charge. Lenovo is made up of capitalistic pigs."

2016-12-20

HORRIBLE

"I got a Lenovo Y50-70, barely used it and the hinge broke twice. They deleted all my data on my computer, all my upgrades, all my programs, everything when I only needed the physical aspect of my computer fixed. I told them a myriad of times and I'm pretty sure I wrote on my invoice that I do not want my internal computer touched, but they decided to delete everything without confirming that I wanted such a thing to happen. Customer service is a joke. No one knows what they are doing or gives you accurate information; no information is consistent. YOU CAN ONLY SHIP LENOVO PRODUCTS FOR REPAIR and you pay for shipping it out. There is no way for you to go anywhere local if you want to use their warranty. I WILL NEVER GET A LENOVO AGAIN. It's horrible."

Share Lenovo's store rating

Lenovo is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Lenovo is not a merchant member
Lenovo does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!