• Laptop Rescue

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Ordered a battery for my Macbook Pro laptop but they sent one that was at least an inch too long to fit in the battery compartment. I have contacted them thru their email at the website. They have promised to send instructions for the RMA and one email even said they were "escalating" the matter to a manager. It's been 5 days and no instructions and no further contact from them. My next step is to initiate a charge-back to my credit card."

This review was modified by Carpegino on May 08 2015 02:28:14 PM

"I felt they were underhanded. They advertised a specific price, took my money and then sent me an e-mail saying it wasn't in stock and tried to charge me more to go through another vendor! I tried calling but they don't handle these type of issues via the phone. I had to cancel my order via e-mail.

Here are the e-mails:

LaptopRescue Dec 30 at 7:05 PM
To me
CC Ordersys@laptoprescue.com
Hi Lady, thanks for your order with Laptop Rescue.

Unfortunately, the correct after-market battery for your model laptop is not available in our warehouse. However, as a courtesy to you, we can special order the correct battery and have it shipped directly to you from one of our partner vendors. But, because the product sold by the other vendor is a genuine Samsung battery instead of an aftermarket item, this vendor charges $19.00 more for this item.

If you still want the item shipped you will need to use the following link to pay the $19.00 cost difference. Or if you prefer, we can cancel your order and issue a full refund.

If you have any questions you can reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Stephen Gallaher
Customer Service Team

me Today at 9:22 AM
To LaptopRescue
CC Ordersys@laptoprescue.com

Cancel my order 251368 and remove me from all email and call lists.

Laptop Rescue Customer Service Today at 9:59 PM
To
me
Hi Lady Goodiver Boat Charters,

Your order already cancelled. Please see separate emails for the details of refund.
Thanks again for your business and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Best regards,
Shine Customer Service Team Laptop Rescue

me Today at 10:08 PM
To LaptopRescue
This order was not canceled at my request; you tried to charge me more than the advertised price.

"I am writing this review because I had read some very negative reviews before I decided to risk ordering from Laptop Rescue. They were so negative I almost didn't place my order. But they had the absolute best price for laptop ac chargers and also said they guaranteed they would be the correct model. I want to let everyone know that they came through on every single promise. My grandchildren had lost their laptop power cords and I was able to buy them for under $30 (which is a bargain!) and they arrived within 5 business days with no special shipping required. Do NOT hesitate to do business with these people. They do what they say--which is very rare in this day and age."

This review was modified by bostondemo on December 14 2014 08:59:18 AM

"Ordered a new battery for my laptop from Laptop Rescue. They took my money and sent me the wrong battery. When confronted with their mistake I was informed that I could pay 33% more (plus shipping?) and receive the battery that I had ordered. they CHEATED me. An official complaint has been filed with the CA Attorney Generals office.

BEWARE OF LAPTOP RESCUE!

This review was modified by cslsrx44 on December 06 2014 06:57:14 AM

"Sent me a Mac laptop battery, which worked for a few months then failed. I returned it. They sent another battery that failed after a month or two. I returned that one and insisted on a refund instead of yet a new battery. They promised to refund the money, but then sent a third battery instead (no refund), claiming that it was out of the warranty period. They have not responded to my emails regarding the refund they promised. Each step of the process took weeks or longer for them to process. It's now been a year since I purchased the original battery.
This company has blown it on every level, from the shoddy batteries to the terrible customer service. I give them an F.

This review was modified by shephurd on November 04 2014 11:40:25 PM

"Just received the battery for my old Mac pro 2008 from laptop rescue. I was skeptical at first because the price was like 40% less than the apple store, but I have to say it works just as well as when I first got the computer. The laptop rescue site was pretty easy to use and the item arrived in about 4 days with regular shipping. I totally recoomend laptop rescue"

This review was modified by superg56 on August 21 2014 01:33:32 PM

"I bought a Toshiba Laptop Charger/AC Power Adapter for a Qosmio X875-Q7390 RT and even made me pay $17 more for a "compatibility upgrade". 10 days after the warranty expired the thing literally broke apart in my hands. This was a lightly used backup adapter that wasn't even used much. I sent email to them requesting refund which they said they would do in 24/48 hours. 18 days later they sent me email saying it was out of warranty and would not be replaced. Horrible cheaply made Chinese product and horrible customer service. Stay away!!!"

This review was modified by Schleprock22 on August 21 2014 07:58:52 AM

Juan2012's Avatar

marina del rey,ca

"I bought a laptop charger from laptop rescue from their web site. Because the price was half of some other places I was skeptical about the quality, but i actually got a very high quality laptop charger. I placed the order on monday and the charger was delivered on thrusday. The new laptop charger is a little bigger than my old charger, but it doesn't get as hot as the old charger. I ordering process was easy too...the laptoprescue.com web site was pretty decent and easy to order from. If you need a laptop charger, I recommend this place."

"I ordered a cord for my laptop, and four days later I got a message and a refund. I knew the price was too good to be true, and apparently so did they. False advertisement is my complaint "One low price for any brand, any model PC".

"Wow, what a great product and great customer service! I bought a new power cord from Laptop Rescue for my HP laptop because I accidentally left mine in the JFK airport. The price was awesome, the item arrived in two days, and when I had called to place the order, the customer service rep was incredibly helpful and nice. I highly recommend Laptop Rescue to anyone in need to laptops parts or service. They are great!"

"These guys are fantastic. My screen got cracked in the airport (unfortunate collision with a large roller bag..uggg!), so I sent it to Laptop Rescue. Not only was the customer service fantastic (thanks Jeff!), but the repair was done in 3 days at a price way lower than the Geek Squad had quoted me. The only downside is that they are not open after 6:00 pm or on Sundays so if you try to call you'll get voice mail. I had better luck with email.

I will definitely recommend these guys to all my friends.

Share Laptop Rescue's store rating

Laptop Rescue is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Laptop Rescue is not a merchant member
Laptop Rescue does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!