Stores > Laptop Rescue
  • Laptop Rescue

Voice your opinion! Review Laptop Rescue by clicking a star below.
2017-09-26

wrong cable and not response

"Ordered a DC cable for my laptop. They sent an AC cable. Could not get through to anyone on customer service.
No response from texts, emails or customer service phone message. (never got to talk to a person)
Finally got a generic email stating they were going to take care of it. A month later now and nothing.

2017-09-12

They are scammers...

"They took my order for an old Fujitsu laptop battery. I gave them a part number when I ordered. When I couldn't get a hold of them, I filed a dispute. I get an e-mail from them that they'd ship the part when the dispute was closed. When I closed the account, I got a refund instead of the part. What bull."

2017-04-28

Total Scam!

"I ordered a replacement power cord for my laptop from Laptop Rescue on April 15th. Merchandise was supposed to arrive within a week. But here it is the end of the month -- and no power cord. I tried three times to contact the company by phone but was constantly put on indefinite hold. Finally, I got a prompt to leave a message, which I did, and provided my order number and phone contact information. But no return phone call. I went through this a second time, but no reply. Convinced I had gotten scammed, I filed a dispute with my credit card company. The last message I left with Laptop Rescue was notification of the dispute I filed. Don't do business with this company. They have a very impressive website and appear to be legitimate. But, as the saying goes, appearances can be deceiving. In this case, they definitely are."

2017-03-30

Buyer Beware

"You'll notice this company gets either 1 star or 5. The 5 star reviews were probably written by Laptop Rescue themselves. I never write reviews, but I felt compelled to warn other people. Stay away from this crooked company.
I ordered an AC adapter for $35. A week later, they said they couldn't get it, but if I paid an additional $17, they could get it. Paid the extra $17. Arrived 1 to 2 weeks later. Wasn't remotely the right adapter for my new Lenovo Laptop. Called them and they said they would refund my money and they gave me a Return Authorization Number. I returned the item which cost me another $10 to mail. I got notification that the item was received by them (via UPS tracking), and waited about 3 weeks to hear from them. Never heard from them. Called customer service, and they said they would check into it. I had to give them my UPS tracking number. Told me I would hear back in 24 to 48 hours. A week later, I had heard nothing so I called my Credit Card Company and told them to reverse my charges. Wasted a lot of time and $10 to ship the product back.

2017-03-02

worst customer service I ever had

"I ordered a charger from laptop rescue and paid the extra shipping to get it as fast as possible . I ordered it on sat. morning Feb. 25 ( I understand that they do not work weekends ) so I checked Tues to see if it had been shipped but it wasn't so I waited until 9;15 to call there phones were not taken off the after hours answering system , they are suppose to open at 9 EST tried again at 9:30 the same thing so at 10 the call went through but no one to talk with so I left a message for them to please call me nope that did not happen Here it is March 3rd and still no charger as of this morning its in Mass. checking that tracking number it says will make it to my house March 6th. I get faster shipping from people on Ebay with free shipping if you need it in a hurry don't use this outfit"

2016-09-09

They are not worth the risk

"Customer service is not their forte. I purchased a charger (AC adapter) for my laptop I entered all info make model serial # and when I received the charger I checked to see if it matched my old one. It did NOT the positive and negative are opposite. I called left a message on their toll free # the message I think is placed in the do not respond ignore message center. My emails it seems are place in the same place. "

2016-04-30

never again

"I ordered a charger for my macbook pro. I had to enter the serial# to get the right charger. However, the wrong charger was sent. I couldn't get anyone on the phone and left 2 messages and finally got a return call 3 days later.
They do not send a call tag or shipping label. Instead I needed to package the charger, take it to the USPS, and pay to return the item. They tell me if I take a picture of my receipt and email it to them they will refund the shipping charges. We will see.
Meanwhile, I had to run to the nearest mac store and buy a charger unexpectedly.
I think they should take responsibility for poor service and at least send a shipping label to ease my return. What a hassle! Never again!

5/4/16 Update: I was told today I wouldn't get the full refund for shipping costs to return the item as they will only reimburse up to $6. So, it cost me time and money to be inconvenienced by this awful company!

2015-12-10

"I ordered a battery for my Macbook Pro 17" laptop. They said they delivered it but I never received the product. They gave me the round around and told me to contact UPS. UPS told me that the seller would have to file a claim. So I went back to Laptop Rescue to inform them they would need to file a claim but I was told again to contact UPS.
Be aware of buying a battery from this company.

2015-05-08

"Ordered a battery for my Macbook Pro laptop but they sent one that was at least an inch too long to fit in the battery compartment. I have contacted them thru their email at the website. They have promised to send instructions for the RMA and one email even said they were "escalating" the matter to a manager. It's been 5 days and no instructions and no further contact from them. My next step is to initiate a charge-back to my credit card."

2014-12-31

"I felt they were underhanded. They advertised a specific price, took my money and then sent me an e-mail saying it wasn't in stock and tried to charge me more to go through another vendor! I tried calling but they don't handle these type of issues via the phone. I had to cancel my order via e-mail.

Here are the e-mails:

LaptopRescue Dec 30 at 7:05 PM
To me
CC Ordersys@laptoprescue.com
Hi Lady, thanks for your order with Laptop Rescue.

Unfortunately, the correct after-market battery for your model laptop is not available in our warehouse. However, as a courtesy to you, we can special order the correct battery and have it shipped directly to you from one of our partner vendors. But, because the product sold by the other vendor is a genuine Samsung battery instead of an aftermarket item, this vendor charges $19.00 more for this item.

If you still want the item shipped you will need to use the following link to pay the $19.00 cost difference. Or if you prefer, we can cancel your order and issue a full refund.

If you have any questions you can reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Stephen Gallaher
Customer Service Team

me Today at 9:22 AM
To LaptopRescue
CC Ordersys@laptoprescue.com

Cancel my order 251368 and remove me from all email and call lists.

Laptop Rescue Customer Service Today at 9:59 PM
To
me
Hi Lady Goodiver Boat Charters,

Your order already cancelled. Please see separate emails for the details of refund.
Thanks again for your business and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Best regards,
Shine Customer Service Team Laptop Rescue

me Today at 10:08 PM
To LaptopRescue
This order was not canceled at my request; you tried to charge me more than the advertised price.

2014-12-14

"I am writing this review because I had read some very negative reviews before I decided to risk ordering from Laptop Rescue. They were so negative I almost didn't place my order. But they had the absolute best price for laptop ac chargers and also said they guaranteed they would be the correct model. I want to let everyone know that they came through on every single promise. My grandchildren had lost their laptop power cords and I was able to buy them for under $30 (which is a bargain!) and they arrived within 5 business days with no special shipping required. Do NOT hesitate to do business with these people. They do what they say--which is very rare in this day and age."

2014-12-06

"Ordered a new battery for my laptop from Laptop Rescue. They took my money and sent me the wrong battery. When confronted with their mistake I was informed that I could pay 33% more (plus shipping?) and receive the battery that I had ordered. they CHEATED me. An official complaint has been filed with the CA Attorney Generals office.

BEWARE OF LAPTOP RESCUE!

2014-11-04

"Sent me a Mac laptop battery, which worked for a few months then failed. I returned it. They sent another battery that failed after a month or two. I returned that one and insisted on a refund instead of yet a new battery. They promised to refund the money, but then sent a third battery instead (no refund), claiming that it was out of the warranty period. They have not responded to my emails regarding the refund they promised. Each step of the process took weeks or longer for them to process. It's now been a year since I purchased the original battery.
This company has blown it on every level, from the shoddy batteries to the terrible customer service. I give them an F.

2014-08-21

"Just received the battery for my old Mac pro 2008 from laptop rescue. I was skeptical at first because the price was like 40% less than the apple store, but I have to say it works just as well as when I first got the computer. The laptop rescue site was pretty easy to use and the item arrived in about 4 days with regular shipping. I totally recoomend laptop rescue"

2014-08-21

"I bought a Toshiba Laptop Charger/AC Power Adapter for a Qosmio X875-Q7390 RT and even made me pay $17 more for a "compatibility upgrade". 10 days after the warranty expired the thing literally broke apart in my hands. This was a lightly used backup adapter that wasn't even used much. I sent email to them requesting refund which they said they would do in 24/48 hours. 18 days later they sent me email saying it was out of warranty and would not be replaced. Horrible cheaply made Chinese product and horrible customer service. Stay away!!!"

Share Laptop Rescue's store rating

Laptop Rescue is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Laptop Rescue is not a merchant member
Laptop Rescue does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!