• Rating 3.33/10 3 reviews

Laptop Exchange is not a merchant member
    Laptop Exchange does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Laptop Exchange contact information

"I took my compaq presario 1800t to Laptop exchange with a loose power jack issue inside the computer in August of 2004 and they did the repair (so I thought) and I didn't need the laptop for a few months. When I powered it up in November the monitor was very dark. I called Laptop Exchange and they said the warrenty period was up. I explained that I hadn't used it since the repair. They noted that "We don't know that!" We wrestled on that for a while (The tech was basically calling me a liar) until agreeing to look at the problem. Then they told me it was a power board and it would cost $150 to fix. I agreed, but felt that it was a scam. Then they called a week later and said that the motherboard was bad and it would cost me $1000 to fix. I was in a bind as I needed it for a speaking gig. Again I felt like I was being scamed, especially under a deadline as my flight left the next morning.) I made other arrangements and had them put it back together and return it to me. They offered me $200 for the computer's parts. I said thanks, but no! I took it to a 3rd party. They called as soon as it was opened and said the machine was manhandled, parts were missing, screws were missing, screws were stripped, the original power jack repair was not done correct (used a jumper instead of replacing and charging me for a new one) and there is damage to the power board. They noted that the motherboard is fine. These people are not trustworthy, fraudulent, irresponsible and I am going to be taking them to small claims court for damages!!!"

"Good Service, I buy a laptop for my home they ship on time, nice website and toosl to track my order.

"The experience with this company was dreadful. I talked to 4 different customer service reps who all said I would receive a call back. Yet, I never did. Then, I was lied to about when my order was shipped."