"Bowls awesome/Lakeside sucks

My girlfriend loves the Stoneware Soup and side bowls, they are great. Lakeside however are not great because, their delivery process takes FOREVER! I ordered the bowls for my girlfriends birthday seven days before. It took them eleven days to be delivered and for the last three days they had no idea where the bowls were. Apparently it went from them to UPS, then to the USPS. We know it was within two miles of us five days before being delivered. The Bowls were not there for her birthday and in this day and age, it should not take eleven days to get a package. Amazon can and have delivered within one-two days. See if you can find your products there rather than Lakeside.

NB: When I wrote the above to Lakeside, this was there response - 'Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our submission guidelines.'

modified review This review was modified by Sharpynz on October 31 2014 08:15:28 PM

"Hello, i made my first order to lakeside about a week ago after searching the web for superhero wall art and was very happy when i first fount the items. I placed the order on Friday 17 after a few day i looked at my order status and seen nothing was a little worried then came here to look at reviews. after seeing all the negative reviews my stomach sank and i felt like this would be another disappointment. Then today on my door step was my order, i was scared to open the box to find something i did not order but it was exactly what i wanted. I received an Email from lakeside wishing me the best and would look into making the shipping process easier to understand and more helpful. I have to say i was satisfied with my order so much that i had to give positive feedback for their service. i'm not saying all the bad things did not happen to others but "

modified review This review was modified by Jason.Rubio on October 24 2014 10:29:08 AM

ts3763's Avatar
Ohio

"I've been a customer for years here and usually haven't had many problems with them although customer service has dropped off considerably. My last order was placed on a Monday and was immediately confirmed; the package was assembled by Saturday (within their 3 to 5 day promise) and I received a shipping notification the same day. The tracking number they provide is not for your use but theirs; they monitor the shipment for you and update you via their website. The package shipped on the following Monday and I received it on Tuesday; a total of 8 days between placing the order and receiving the package. All items I ordered were marked as "in stock"; their website is clearly marked with product availability. Overall a good experience and I'll continue to do business with them."

"This review is my overall opinion after years of ordering from them. After several awful experiences my mom and a couple aunts have stopped ordering from them and now I too am through! The products may be cheap in cost but they are also cheap in quality... therefore making the cost of the product per worth extremely over priced. Also be cautious when ordering for the wording of items is extremely manipulative. The pictures shown represent one thing while the fine print suggests another. Good luck to those who take the chance. Lakeside has lost a customer due to cheep products and terrible customer service. And I will make sure to share my personal experience with friends and family."

modified review This review was modified by ashleigh55 on July 26 2014 07:48:37 AM

"i read LOADS of terrible reviews online but still went ahead and tried you guys since my sister had a good experience. EVERYTHING on the order arrived in PERFECT condition and just a few days after i ordered. everything is exactly as advertised. i just reordered another luggage set and more stuff. couldn't resist! they're so cute!!!i would give it 5/5 but i think shipping is a bit excessive..."

"They have the most uneducated customer service. The information they send in emails are politically correct verbage yet untruthful. Shipping is slow. I ask to cancel my order before it left the facilty and they said they could not do this because a shipping label had already been created. Stated shipped by UPS on 11/25 -- yet never reached a UPS facilty until 12/2. DO NOT SHOP HERE - and DO NOT expect quality merchandise."

modified review This review was modified by carolina_girl on December 04 2013 11:25:52 AM

"Horrible customer service. Received faulty pet feeder that broke within two weeks of receiving. Called for a return and they required that we spend another hour of our time breaking the whole thing down and removing the screws to have it fit in a box that would be accepted with the return label they provided. The customer has to buy a box and pay for materials and time spent disassembling because they carry low quality items."

modified review This review was modified by alb0813 on October 08 2013 11:56:42 AM

"I will never order from this company again. I ordered a comforter which was smaller than than the specs given. There was no top stitching on it, only a few 2" tacks sewn on the top, so would have been impossible to clean it. I tried to get an Return Auth label, which they do not provide. They said to return it via UPS. Tried to return it in original box & UPS wanted $63 to ship it back! At UPS suggestion, stuffed it in a smaller box then took it to the post office. Cost $32 plus cost of new box, with insurance. On top of that, I had rude CSR's & no replies to my emails. Once I got a refund, it was over $12 short of the original cost of the order. I'm not going to quibble with them over the rest. I'm out so much money it's ridiculous. Anyway, I'll stick with companies that offer RA Lables for returns. I don't even mind paying for my return shipping if I can get it at their cost. I used to work as a CSR for a catalog company years ago, and I know what good customer service is. "

modified review This review was modified by Jerebearsmom on September 11 2013 09:10:41 AM

"I will never order from them again. I purchased a few items with 2 separate orders. I received an e-mail with an order number and expected shipping date for one order but never for the other order. I e-mailed them twice with no response. I never received a second e-mail stating that my items have shipped. My order came in a week late. One of the items I ordered was a pair of slippers for my wife. They sent the wrong size. They wanted me to pay for the shipping and handling to get the right size. Are you kidding me. The rep on the phone was rude and so was her manager. I will never order from them again!"

"I ordered a boot and shoe dryer. It was shipped in a timely manner; unfortunately, the product did not work. I sent it back and received another unit. It too flat does not work. The batteries are brand new and work in a different item so it's not the batteries. I'm not shipping this back at my expense and I doubt I'll ever see the shipping money again. Incredibly disappointed. Would not order from them no matter how great the pricing."

"Getting orders from Lakeside sucks.... I will never order from this company again. For what you pay in shipping cost you would think it would be more prompt .... My order supposedly shipped on 11/27/12 it is now 12/04/12 and I still have not received my order."

"I ordered about 20 items and thought it was really good value. the shipment came quickly. one item was the wrong size but they took care of that with no cost to me. I recommend them - good value. (just got off the phone, but I'm confident they will send me the replacement like they said they would - or I'll be back to downgrade their stars) :>)"

"Their products are cheap at best. Do not waste your hard-earned money."

"These people are too hard to get hold of if you have a problem. Their customer service department is closed on the weekend. I just opened a Christmas Tree that I ordered from them only to find out that they sent me the wrong one. Since its too late to return before my family gathering next week, I put up the one they sent me...but the lights do not even work. Definately not worth the hassle..You should order from somebody else. "

"I too had read the reviews and was sceptical about ordering from them. I didnt want any mishaps as this was a large order and was christmas gifts for our kids. The ordering went off without a hitch, the items were shipped and delivered within a weeks time, I could not be happier with the customer service, they were very nice. I am also very very pleased with the quality of the items we had purchased. I will DEFINETELY be using Lakeside for all my christmas shopping and birthdays from here on out. Thank you Lakeside..."

modified review This review was modified by lovingmontherof4 on November 08 2012 11:20:03 AM

Lakeside Collection is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Lakeside Collection is not a merchant member
Lakeside Collection does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!