Stores > LL Bean

Product & services pricing Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.83/10 0.83/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
Voice your opinion! Review LL Bean by clicking a star below.
2017-07-18

No delivery!

"I ordered a sun shelter for the beach for the grandkids and was told it would arrive yesterday. After LL Bean shipped it with UPS it was turned over to the Sure Post delivery by the post office. Because this is a summer home the post office doesn't deliver. It is now sitting in a post office two towns away on the Cape and customer service says they cannot intercede once SurePost has the package. So it will get sent back to LLB and we can reorder it. Really??? after the vacation is over?? This is not the company it used to be and REI, EMS and Sierra Trading Post can easily equip me with anything I need. Goodby LLB."

2017-07-14

Poor Shipping/Order fulfillment continues

"I will pile on to the other comments here and add that at the time of this post 7/14/17 the issues others have noted continue with ordering off web. Product showed in stock and was suppose to be delivered the following day. Product didn't show up so looked up order number and it showed still processing 48 hours after i had placed. Sent e-mail to customer service inquiring and they cited computer system problems and could not provide a ship date other than to say it would be "shipping shortly"

Unacceptable and disappointing.... these are known issues, have been going on for what looks to be at least a month, so there should either be a warning on the website that states that there will be delays. This is preferable as it would allow you to source the product from another vendor if you didn't know when you would receive it or at least there should be notification in their e-mail confirmation of the order. Instead everything looks like it will ship immediately and in my case be there the next day

2017-07-07

Customer Service Gone

"The owner of Bean turned the company over to his grandson. All these problems with order entry and shipping customers are experiencing bring Bean to become a terrible company. Could it be that this is happening because Grandpa Bean turned the company over to his Granson a year ago? yes I think so. It's time to get those IT geniouses fired."

2017-06-25

Mass confusion

"Order done over a month ago for 7 items, was told 2 weeks ago all but one item in stock and again "computer problems" but that things were "starting to improve". Today I looked at my original order and its marked to "tell them" if still wanted 3 items or they would be cancelled. Called Customer service (they are so nice but helpless) and had to go item by item as some "may ship 06/23" (today is 25th!!!) one was cancelled, one item when they looked was not there! LOL
So have done something I have never done with LL Bean in 30 years as customer. CANCELLED ENTIRE ORDER, as still cannot tell me what will ship, when will ship, but 2 items were cancelled...they think.

2017-06-23

Prodcut Quality & Service Gone - So Am I

"Order men's shorts at 6am on a Thu. Has not shipped by Friday night. In the past I would have had them already. Called, they do not know when it will ship, even though its in stock. Really. Product quality, and especially sizing control has gone missing for a number of years. The problem is I have been a customer since 1990...so I remember quality products and outstanding service. I do not know how they can sustain this and stay in business, too many other choices...especially at their inflated pricing."

2017-06-20

2 weeks delivery is unacceptable

"Placed order June 15th, delivery estimate is June 27!!!!!
Shirts are in stock.

2017-06-13

Terrible order processing cycle

"Ordered two kayak cockpit covers 10 days ago and order status still shows processing! I asked for status update and was told that they'd advise when it ships. This is pathetic from a company that once set the standard for others in the industry. The result of blatantly poor planning on a major system upgrade. The level of indifference demonstrated by LLBean during this period of service disruption has just costed them a 35 plus year customer...there are simply too many other options to choose from that can accept your order, fulfill it, and have it on your doorstep within 5 business days from anywhere in the US! "

2017-06-13

The worst customer service

"I ordered five shirts and they sent me a partial order with wrong colors. As they told me, I returned two of the shirts and they were supposed to exchange them. My return was not opened for over a week and then when it was LL Bean charged my credit card again without my permission. I have not gotten the two shirts yet so I called them numerous times today and with the exception of one of five employees, was treated like crap.....like I had a problem. The customer service is at an all time low. Hello Lands End and the heck with my 30 year plus relationship with Bean. You **** guys!"

2017-06-02

Delay, followed by delay, followed by nothing

"Ordered(on-line) an outdoor folding chair. When the promised delivery date passed, I went on to the website to get a status. No note at all except "processing." A few days later, I checked and it said the item was going to be delayed another 2-5 days. I emailed customer service to confirm the reason for the delay. The news got worse-they could not confirm the product would even be delivered within the 5 days mentioned on the order. I mean, this is not like a custom built item. I cancelled the order. Note a friend of mine is having the same problem with a different product-delivery date went from May 31st to June 6th. And even that is uncertain. Too bad, it is obvious LL Bean isn't the LL Bean that once prided itself on customer service. "

2017-05-09

A great company!

"We appreciate recently being informed prior to placing an order of a pending delay in actual delivery. This current issue is due to an unfortunate software programming temporarily hampering processing. Thank you for the "heads up" in advance! A company mindful of customer's needs!"

2017-05-01

22 year customer, going, going, gone.

"21 years of good service and products . Now 32 days and counting on a simple order. Why? " Snowstorm... system upgrade"...
I can upgrade too, to another company if they don't get their act together. Ordered March 29th, still nothing. Well, now I see my pending transaction of Paypal has disappeared. So LL BEAN must have cancelled the order. Strange, I thought they sell stuff.

2017-04-26

Truly Awful Customer Service

"I ordered a raincoat for my grandson's birthday from LL Bean. On the confirmation email it said it would arrive April 27, 2017 which would have been in time for his birthday. However when I called them on 4/26, they said it wouldn't arrive then, and that they had never said it would. The customer service lady was very rude. I then told her to cancel my order to which she replied she didn't know if she could, it may be shipped !! I'll never order from this company again. "

2017-04-24

Worst Customer Service Ever Experienced

"We have been customers for over 35 years and have always received excellent service. Something happened within the last year which changed everything. Even just placing an order takes 15 minutes of wait time. Orders which were received within a day or two are now taking up to a month to arrive. "

2017-04-23

Almost a month.

"My experience is same as Rose. My order was placed almost a month ago and still has not shipped. My order included 2 pairs of pants which I requested altered. I was told they revamped the alterations dept. and to expect a delay. That was 2 weeks ago. Sent an email the other day to get status and got some generic apology response from CEO which they probably send to everyone. Still don't know status of my order. Not acceptable from a company that makes billions of dollars from its customers "

2017-04-20

Order still not shipped after 12 days. Cannot get any status on when it will ship.

"I have been a LL Bean customer for over 30 years. Never, never in all the years I have purchased merchandise from them have I experienced such a horrible customer experience. I order two items (one of them a gift), which were in stock and figured I would experience the "normal" LL Bean efficiency and customer service. How could I have known that all of that has gone out the window? After 7 days the order was still "in processing". I emailed to get a status on why the order had not shipped. I was told that they were "upgrading" the system and that things would be delayed slightly and that my order would ship the next week. Fine, I thought. Well, here I am 12 days later and still no status change, no information, no communication with the customer. So, I called Customer Service and basically they were apologetic, but really didn't tell me anything new. They have no way to check the status, no way to give any indication of when an order might ship.

Whoever is running and planned this so-called "upgrade", doesn't understand the impact on the LL Bean business. It was poorly planned and is not going well. I work in the "enterprise software" industry and these massive upgrades need to be planned to most finite detail and actually plan for "bad things" to happen. Sounds like this one was not planned well at all by an experienced person.

I have instructions to call again if I do not get a shipping notification in 3 days and they will order and ship from a store, but I am not optimistic, at this point. They've lost my trust -- and maybe a life-long customer. I could have driven up to Freeport, ME myself and had a more pleasing purchasing experience and received my merchandise on the spot.

Very disappointed.

Share LL Bean's store rating

LL Bean is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

LL Bean is not a merchant member
LL Bean does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!