LA Police Gear Reviews - lapolicegear.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 7.83/10 4,285 reviews

LA Police Gear is a merchant member
LA Police Gear participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 1,874 merchant members.

What is this?

All Customer Reviews (4,325)

"Great product and very fast shipping! I'll definitely shop here again in the future! "

"I always have great service with LA Police Gear. Their online "In Stock" notifications are correct, unlike other sites which says there in stock, but are not. I also get coupon deals from LA Police Gear (LAPG) all the time. I really appreciate that! I have not ever returned anything from LAPG, so I can not comment on their return policy. I do thorough searches and reviews on items before I order which keeps me from having to do returns. When I do research items, LAPG is very competitive in their pricing, especially when doing their "countdown deals". Keep up the good work LAPG!"

"AWESOME!!!!!!! You guys are the best in your field. I wish I had ALOT more money to spend!

"Ordered two pairs of Tactical pants, I love them and at half the cost of 5.11! You can't beat it"

"Probably at the top of my list of the companies I buy from! Excellent product selection and pricing! Fast and accurate shipping!"

"Great light, exceptionally bright, nice push switch on function as well as strobe. Great price."

Rating 8/104/5

"I loved the fact i was able to order by phone and the items i recieved were Perfect, I wish there was a catalog in with the order but I hope to get that in the mail, overall outstanding.."

"I ordered a collapsible baton from LA Police Gear, a button-activated, retraction-type model that is very difficult to find online, as it is sold out in almost every store that I had checked. LA Police Gear's website showed the model in stock, and the baton shipped quickly with e-mail updates for tracking, and arrived promptly. I am very satisfied with the product and the transaction, and I will definitely give LA Police Gear repeat business in the future for my personal security/tactical needs."

"When ordering boots online the webpage never indicated that they would be backordered. Was given an expected delivery date for 5 days from order date. When no shipping information was provided I went back in to see that miraculously the boots were now on backorder. When I contacted customer service I was told that they are at the mercy of the manufacturer and that the error was not their problem. When I explained that the boots were needed for upcoming training I was simply told to take my business elsewhere. Careful to all as the item you need will change to backordered even though the webpage never indicates the possible delay. If you really need the item go elsewhere! Their customer service is also horrible!"

"Order was backordered for over a month and when I finally received it the garments were not the sizes labeled and did not fit. I was only refunded the purchase price but not the shipping to/from LA. After emailing their "Customer Service" department I got a reply that this was per policy and that the merchandise was not defective. I replied saying that mislabeled items are indeed defective and I wanted to be reimbursed for the shipping or I would never do business with them again. I got a very crude reply back saying that they would refund me despite encouraging "bad behavior" like threatening to not do business with them. I was only credited the outgoing shipping costs and not the return.

If I had employees in my business who treated customers like this I would fire them. Not only will I never do business with them after this last insult, I will encourage my friends to never do business with them as well.

modified review reply posted Jan-24-2014
LAPoliceGear, LA Police Gear rep has responded

“Hello and thank you for your review and for bringing this to our attention. Someone from management will be in touch with your shortly and let me assure you that this conduct is not typical and not tolerable within our company. Thank you again.”

"This company absolutely sucks. They flat out lied to me multiple times regarding my order being in stock. Ive waited over a month and still not received my order which was supposed to be shipped immediately. When I tried to cancel my order I was refused. There are so many more quality sites to order from, I will absolutely never deal with them again. Horrible service"

modified review reply posted Jan-24-2014
LAPoliceGear, LA Police Gear rep has responded

“Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that your order was delayed for over a month. I do see that you requested to cancel your order but by the time you requested to cancel it the items had arrived in stock and had shipped out for you already. You emailed us on 1/15 to cancel your order and the order had shipped on 1/14. Again, I am very sorry for the long wait and I apologize for any inconvenience. I refunded the original order's shipping charge for you. Please let us know if you need anything else.”

"Amazing products and great service. They really went above and beyond to make sure I got the right product in a really quick manner. I can't say enough about how great the customer service is there. I am new to Law Enforcement and would recommend LA Police Gear to everyone looking for a great deal and top notch service. "

"purchased some optics on special plus free ground shipping. received order confirmation and delivery with tracking emails as expected. from order to door took 5 business days as expected. very satisfied with product and online experience. would recommend lapolicegear to anyone"

"Good price on items, fast shipping.

Unfortunately, one of my items was missing a part. I have emailed their customer service about this and they were able to ship the part out.

modified review reply posted Jul-09-2013
LAPoliceGear, LA Police Gear rep has responded

“We apologize for the issue with your order, and the delay getting back to you. We were closed for the Fourth of July holiday weekend from 7/4/13 through 7/7/13, so this is why you were not responded to immediately. If you still need any assistance, please let us know and we would be glad to help you out. Thanks!

Reply to Customer's Edit - We just put in the order to have the missing part shipped out to you. Thanks and take care.”

"First and Foremost, I LOVE this store! I LOVE the customer service that I have recieved each and everytime I ordered (which has been quite a few).
It seems as though most of these reviews on here are consisting of someone who wasn't happy with the product that was purchased. If you know what you like and what you're ordering ahead of time, then you probably wouldn't have an issue with LA Police Gear. #just sayin.
My fiance only wears 5.11 Tactical shirts/pants and won't wear ANYTHING else. If you know anything about 5.11's products, you know that you won't find their products cheap. (You definitely get what you pay for) LA Police Gear has their 5.11 stock at a rate that is below its competitors. Believe me, I did do my research before I ordered. I will NEVER order from any other company when it comes to my fiance's 5.11 needs.