LA Furniture Store Reviews - lafurniturestore.com Ratings at ResellerRatings

Rating 3.67/10 31 reviews

LA Furniture Store is a merchant member
LA Furniture Store participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,887 merchant members.

"A TOTAL COMPLETE SCAM..ORDERED SOFA 10/6..told 10 weeks..then they lied repeatedly till we got to 20 weeks..then said it was in customs..now today they say nope still on boat till end of march..refuse to give me money back..calling my attorneys and they need to be shut down..lawsuit time for this LA dump..Showroom was so filthy I should have known better to trust....Gave 3400 deposit for 7500.00 sofa...buyer beware...MY EXPERIENCE WITH THESE PEOPLE IS FILLED WITH LIES, ONE AFTER THE OTHER..KEPT CHANGING WHO WAS IN CHARGE AS MY VOICE ESCALATED WITH EACH PASSING WEEK...DO NOT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THESE PEOPLE.RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN..Now I will sue to get 3400 they stole from me. Hershel is the first liar and then he passed it to OLEG..these are two guys who lie very well....experts at it"

"i ordered my bed JUNE when it finally came in, in DECEMBER it was the wrong size. I have a king bed for a queen mattress. unfortunately for me i did not notice that until I had the boxes in my house and the delivery guys left. now the horror story starts. I called their customer service and their answer is "sir you have a bed" when my order clearly said QUEEN. so after trying to get them to give my money back they told me they cant do that. so now im stuck with a king bed frame taking up space in my house and I cant get my $1300 back. every time I call asking when I will get my bed they keep pushing the dates back by 15 to 20 days. don't do business with these guys you will get taken for please avoid at all costs."

LA-Furniture, LA Furniture Store rep has responded

“The replacement bed was out of stock , as soon as it comes to stock in March - we will do the exchange.”

"Great selection, great customer service and best prices. Would recommend LA furniture to everyone. Sales woman was very helpful and delivery as promised."

"Do not order anything from these folks. It is complete rip off. I ordered a sectional and paid full price for it and what I receive is not a sectional and these jokers are telling me left facing and right facing means nothing and it is not a sectional. Complete rip off after waiting 2 months.

I am responding to the reply posted to this original review:

Do not fall for these replies from LA store. They are complete crooks and fighting with them only will lead to more stress in your life. I fought and fought to the point where the stress that my hard earned money is down the drain affected my health. BBB or other organizations do not do anything even if you show the proof. These crooks are after your money. Spend your money elsewhere to avoid stress and cheap product.

LA-Furniture, LA Furniture Store rep has responded

“Please try to be more specific, so we can try to assist you on this matter.
What is your order number ?
What exactly have you purchased ?”

"DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY SELL DAMAGED NON RETURNABLE FURNITURE. I HAVE A EXPENSIVE NONFUNCTIONING TABLE DELIVERED THAT WAY THAT THEY REFUSE TO FIX OR TAKE BACK. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TREATED SO POORLY. AND I NEVER WRITE REVIEWS I AM PISSED OFF."

LA-Furniture, LA Furniture Store rep has responded

“It is very important to insect items on time of delivery.”

Rating 8/104/5

"How I promise im back with news. My check was mail on Monday. So when I get it I'll let u guys now. So far so good. I had no problems with them about my refund. I will still buy from them the items that I want just that I'll go there myself. Is just sad that this happened. I like their products and they should reconsider the way they handle the online orders. I think they list alot of customers because of not having items in stock. Is better if they let customers know before they order that item is temporary out of stock and make a list with customers that wants to be added on notification list when item is in stock. So that been said I'll still shop from them and I'll add to my review when I get the check. I order the painting 5317 online. At that time when I placed the order it shows the i them in stock. That was the reason I order. The order and pay was done on April 2,2013. On April 4 I receive an email that was notifing me of order out of stock. I called and I was told that will be on stock in 2 months. I agree and I was placed on back order. After 2 months from April 4 I called and I was told next week they will have it. I called today and talked to Phil, he check and said they will have it on august 30. is just to long for me to still wait and i explain the situation and ask for a full refund since is not my fault. I send the email with the necessary info he said to send and I send a emai to customer care also.i will keep letting you all know about how will this be resolved. Today is July 22. Is just sad of their ways of doing business. If everything goes well I will call and check when the painting comes in stock and order it again. Wright now I'm just disappointed cos I was planing in ordering sofa, coffee tables etc from them. I love their furniture. I'm paring it goes well with my refund and keep shopping from them. I'll keep in touch."

Rating 4/102/5

"4 stars for product, zero stars for delivery and cust service

Delivery service is terrible!!!!!

We have placed several orders with LA Furniture and in general the products itself is just fine. Where LA Furniture fails at is their customer service and delivery.

The first time we ordered. The delivery people said curb delivery only which means they basically drop it off the back of their truck and won't lift a finger to even help you carry to the front door.

On two occasions we purchased with "White Glove service" which supposedly means they deliver, assemble and take away the boxes. Unfortunately in each case they delivery people try to get out of doing anything. It wasn't until we demanded to talk to their supervisors did they even perform assemble (even though we paid $250) for it already. In one case (a couch) it wasn't assembled properly and customer service basically told us to pound sand..

So I think the problem is with the delivery truck people. What they want to do is have you pay them extra to assemble(probably unknown to their employer). With this specific delivery (a Platform bed) the driver offered several times to assemble if I payed him extra.

Bottom line is expect to pay extra to get delivered to your front door, and if you pay for white glove, make sure you stand over them and make sure they complete the job and absolutely don't sign off until you have checked everything..

"I experienced horrible customer service experience with this store
I placed the order for sectional sofa on 12/27. Prior I placed the order on line I called the store to inquire about availability. I had been advised that item is in stock in white color, and can be delivered to NC in ~ 2 weeks. While on the phone I specifically asked him about the shade of white, I'll be receiving and he advised it is a snow white color. Based on our phone conversation, I placed the order on line and called week later to inquire about status and estimated delivery date.
I spoke to customer service rep and had been advised that particular item is not in stock and I will have to wait 6-8 weeks for customization and delivery
Item was finally delivered on 3/15 (11 weeks after the order was placed) in a wrong color. Let me point out that funds were withdrawn/ credit card was charged same day as order was placed, but we had to wait 3 months to receive furniture
I called merchant same day 3/15, and informed them about the issue. They asked me to take pictures, go on line and file the official claim. Claim was filed on 3/16. I was advised that I will hear back from manager within 72hrs. After 4 days 3/21, I didn't get any response so I called the store again, and had been advised that manager will get back to me shortly. Manager never called, and next day 3/22 I have received an email staying that I had received color that I ordered. As far they are concerned, case is close I was not happy with this resolution, and told the store that I wanted to return this item
Store advised that item can be only returned within 3 days after delivery. I would like to emphasize that store previously advised me to file the claim and wait 72hrs (3 days) for resolution. Store didn't provide any resolution within 5 days. How can they set up a return policy 3 days after delivery???? After this ordeal, I decided to dispute this charge w/ my credit card company

I do not recommend purchasing from this merchant

LA-Furniture, LA Furniture Store rep has responded

“There are many shades of white color, and real leather colors do differ from batch to batch.”

"Service and Quality are excellent! Jeffrey was so nice and accommodating. I can recommend it to my friends and relatives.
Thanks. Lerma

"i ordered 2 different items from them , the first was a bed online and i had some issue with my card billing but they were great to resolve it ( delivery was fast and they guys were great ) . then I went to the store in woodland hills to get a sofa and they were great over there , really took care of me and help me out with extra discounts having the delievry been pushed as i requested :) .
I can say that their stuff is awesome :) i love their modern designs , though look online first to see the weekly deals or " clearance deals " , cuz can be price ( but good stuff its pricy )

Rating 8/104/5

"This is our third purchase from LA Furniture in two years. Great furniture! Exactly what we expected. Sales person Jeffrey was professional and helpful. Shipping from CA to SC was very quick."

modified review This review was modified by JustVadik on February 12 2013 04:34:41 PM

"I ordered and paid for a TV stand from LA furniture on 12 December and I was assured that they would deliver before the 31st of December. This is the 8th day of January and I have not received my stand. On the 20th of December I called and they asked for my name and order number, I gave the information to them and they put me on hold to check the status. After over fifteen minutes of waiting they came back and when they found out I was still waiting they hung up on me. I made several other phone calls after that but no one answered the phone so I then decided to have my friend from Los Angeles call and they immediately answered. I have been given shipping dates that have come and gone and I am still waiting for my stand. I finally decided to cancel the order and I was told there would be a restocking fee for an order that never left their facility that is a joke my understanding of a restocking fee is when a customer takes possession of an item and returns it. I am one of the fortunate ones that decided to pay by American Express therefore I had the leverage to cancel the order and not be penalized. Each time I asked for a manager they all wanted to be the manager but when I asked specific questions then they wanted to ask the manager. They do not know the meaning of professionalism because they treat complaints as a joke; I honestly needed to talk to someone in charge and never given that opportunity.
This company is a big rip off, I honestly think they never had the stand in stock so they decided to try and collect a restocking fee instead of admitting they never had the merchandise in stock. Please take your business to reputable company and avoid these small mom and pop operations that only care about the money instead of customer satisfaction.

modified review This review was modified by central1 on January 08 2013 03:40:37 PM

"I placed the order on 6/18/2012. I was told, just like La Furniture tells all other customers that they will have their furniture in 8-10 weeks (70 days max). I received the item that was in stock and it went down hill from then. I called numerous times and no one ever returned my call. Today is 12/5/2012 thats 25 weeks (170 days) from the time I ordered the product. I still dont have it!!!"

Rating 8/104/5

"We had a great experience with LA Furniture. We first were browsing via on their website but wanted to go in person to see the couch style we liked. We went in and found a floor model in a different color. We decided to visit their other location not too far away to see what they had there. We ended up finding a dining table we really liked as well. Since it was Black Friday they were running a sale. We met with Jeffrey and he helped us and worked with us on getting a great deal if we were to purchase both couch and dining table that day. You definitely can work out a great deal in person, as supposed to online of course! We also lucked out on scheduling next day delivery since they were going to be in our area anyways! We were happy with the delivery, well wrapped and the guys set it up quickly. They were friendly and asked where I needed the couch and the table to be placed at. I like this store because you can find really unique stuff. If you're in the area, I would suggest going to their showrooms first to see it in person before purchasing. I can understand how custom-orders can take a while, luckily we were able to find stuff that were in stock, and that is what made it easy for us."

modified review This review was modified by ojbey on November 29 2012 11:36:03 PM

"Worst Store Ever.
I bought a bed furniture and mattress from "LA Furniture Store"
back in September.The delivery people were unprofessional and scratched and damaged my wall.After they open boxes I noticed dents on two sides of the bed,and mattress wasn't what I ordered.I ordered Simmons extra firm but received soft mattress made in China,so I called customer service but lady on the phone told me have it installed then file a complain on their website.So I did it.
Well long story short after 9 days I got a call from claim department of LA Furniture Store.After I explained her what happen and she said that I can't return it because the items not in original packages .I asked her how could I check the items without opening the boxes.She said that its their company policy and they can only refund me 100 dollars.
Don't buy from this company go somewhere else.