Stores > Kentucky Gun Co.
  • Kentucky Gun Co

8:00am-7:00pm Monday-Saturday
      877-348-3594
      502-348-6211
      sales@kygunco.com
      877-348-3594

• checkmark icon COD

Voice your opinion! Review Kentucky Gun Co. by clicking a star below.
2017-05-15

Excellent experience!

"My purchase was at my local Florida gunstore in only 9 days. This was much faster than I expected considering I had mailed the Kentucky Gun Co. a personal check for payment. Also, when I had a question, someone actually picked up the phone there to speak to me.---(No voicemail, missed callbacks, email, etc.-- What an unexpected pleasure!) I would highly recommend."

2017-04-22

Poor customer service ethics!!! Stay away from them...

"I completed all of the usual steps to order a firearm through Kentucky Gun Co. After a few days I checked my credit card statement to ensure that the order was charged to my credit card.

I was shocked to see that my credit card was charged the cost of the firearm and then I was given a re- credit for the firearm minus a 10% restock fee, shipping cost, and shipping insurance.

When I contacted Kentucky Gun Co., they told me that my order was cancelled. Evidentially, Kentucky Gun Co sent my order e mail to the wrong customer and they cancelled the order. The other customers e mail was edilger@rroc.org, while my e mail is edilger66@com****.*** . You can see where the confusion is and how they could make a mistake like this.

I spoke to three different employees at Kentucky Gun Co to resolve this issue. This is what I was informed;

According to their order policy any typos are not the responsibility of Kentucky Gun Co. Even if Kentucky Gun Co committed the error by sending the shipping e mail to the wrong customer.
We will not refund any portion of the 10% re stock fee, shipping cost, or shipping insurance.
We don't have time to double check every e mail address that we send out.

Needless to say, this company has some serious customer service ethics that need to be addressed by the owners.

2017-03-16

No issues with my order

"My order was processed and shipped very quickly. An ordered item arrived in perfect condition. Can't say a bad thing about my experience. "

2017-03-06

Paid for and gun not shipped

"Ordered a gun and paid for it by phone on March 4. Called my FFL transfer agent and he said he wanted confirmation that the gun would be shipped before for he called for the background check. I called Kentucky Gun back, and they told me it would be shipped. I called the FFL agent back and told him what they said so he called for the background check. On March 6th I got an email from Kentucky Gun saying that the gun would not be shipped because they had over sold the gun."

2016-12-10

Give them a chance

"My transaction didn't work out as expected but everyone I delt with was nice and in the end it all worked "

2016-10-23

Takes care of their Customers

"Ordered a Silver Eagle Autoload 12 gauge with High Gloss wood. What arrived was a damaged gun with Satin Wood. I sent pictures and a description of the damage.
They sent me a return UPS tag and a full refund...no questions asked.

2016-09-25

Taurus Blems 24/7 G2 40 Standard

"I purchased a Taurus Blem 24/7 G2 40 Standard from KYGUNCO. I used the online chat as well as the customer service phone line and received excellent service with both. After my order was placed the firearm shipped the same day and was at my local FFL two days later. They provide a tracking number after your purchased has shipped. I checked the gun out at my local FFL and I could not find the blem on my gun. It came in a Taurus hard case, two mags, mag loader, keys, extra back straps, and all factory paperwork. Basically the gun came in like new condition from the factory. The gun is perfect and the only thing that looked used was one of the magazines was kind of dirty. After taking down the gun I noticed that the slide may have had a little milling work done to it from the factory but the gun functions flawlessly. Overall, this deal was "is" unbelievable and I can't wait until KYGUNCO gets more Taurus Blems in stock. I have my gun money saved, do you? "

2016-09-22

Not Happy ~ Tried to Charge Me a 10 Percent Penalty (over $50) for their Failure to be Clear on Terms!

"I placed an order via the website intending to use layaway. Their website states:

"Our layaway program is a non-refundable automatic 30% down (unless paying via check), and 90 days to pay the remainder. You can place your order online."

I took this to mean that when using a credit card they'd automatically charge the card an initial deposit of 30 percent, but if paying with a check you could determine the percent down so long as the item was paid off within the 90 days.

Contacted customer service via email and when speaking with Kellie she said no, it was 30 percent regardless, but agreed it was less than clear stating, "Sorry about the confusion and verbiage on that. Our layaway is 30% down payment regardless if Paying with Check or Credit Card. The wording does seem confusing and I have informed the supervisor of that info online."

I said no problem, in that case as I'm not prepared to pay 30 percent at this time please cancel my order. She responded with a link to their cancellation policy (10 percent penalty) wrongly assuming I'd not seen it.

It took some nerve, in my opinion, for them to be ready to penalize me a large sum of money for THEIR misleading (by their own admission). Seems that when it's THEIR mistake/failure to clearly define terms of the purchase they'd not penalize the customer?

I did call and they cancelled my order without penalty, but had I not taken the initiative to make the call Kellie was fully prepared to charge me over $50 for what she'd just admitted was their "confusing" layaway program terms!

Should have known better than to place the order to begin with. You can tell a LOT about a company by their professionalism. Check out the online checkout process: The very first thing it asks is if you want to "pick up YOU'RE firearm" or "have YOU'RE firearm shipped"! They aren't even professional enough to know the difference between your and you're when representing their business online! Should have been wiser and stopped right then and there!

2016-08-14

Used/Returned guns may be sold as "New"

"Mixed feelings about this company. "

2016-04-20

Best Buy Fast Service

"I had searched the internet for the best deal on the SW22 victory Pistol. I mean a lot of searching, then I called and asked questions about ordering ,taxes etc. I got friendly professional service. I waited for my tax money then I called and opted to use my debit card and pay nearly $12.00 more instead of the cash savings. Even with the debit card I still saved $66.00 where i lived. Sales told me the 4 to 7 day waiting time before shipment . The gun was shipped out 3 days later and received a day early. I was told to make sure that every thing was o.k. before I signed for it ,and it was. I will buy from them again. Thanks again K. G. C. Bobby S."

2016-04-16

Best prices and exceptional service

"Due to a change in address, an item had to be reshipped. The folks at Kentucky Gun Co. were pleasant, efficient and responsive. In past interactions, they have always been most helpful and polite. They also consistently offer the best prices as well! I am a repeat customer and am happy to recommend them to my friends."

2016-04-06

Used/Refurbished or New? One in the Same According to Ky Gun Company

"I recently posted an experience I had with Ky Gun Company over the purchase of a new/blemished gun that turned out to be used/refurbished. After my post, KY Gun Co. contacted me and did review their audio tapes. They indicated that I was told that the gun was new/blemished (as I had stated in my complaint) and made an offer to settle my claim that I had received a used/refurbished gun instead of new/blemish. Their offer was acceptable to me and I am amending my review of Ky Gun Co. "

2016-03-26

Amazing company

"Great customer service! These guys are top notch! "

2016-03-17

Very rare to find such good service

"Great place to shop/excellent customer service/lowest prices on the market/and my favorite quick and free shipping on guns. Looking forward to my next purchase with this business.
The order I placed before this one I needed to make a change to order. So I called customer service and not only did they help me to change the order, but the agent was intent on making sure that I was satisfied with my purchase.

2016-01-10

Company did the right thing

"The Kentucky Gun Co turned out to be "stand up" folks after all. I e mailed them again and the CS Manager agreed that they needed to modify their web site, to some extent, and also agreed to refund the charge to my card that was in dispute. I compliment them for being reasonable. I will come back and look at their reviews in the future and may consider doing business with them if they improve.

I ordered a handgun that was supposedly "in stock" on their web site. It was not IN STOCK with their company but with another company located in another geographical area. As a result I cancelled the order and they have charged be a $50 cancellation fee even though the item was never marked as shipped from the "warehouse" anyplace on their web site.

Share Kentucky Gun Co.'s store rating

Kentucky Gun Co. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Kentucky Gun Co. is not a merchant member
Kentucky Gun Co. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!