• Kentucky Gun Co

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10

"fdg sdf sdgf th fsf hgjdjh sdfsdfs"

modified review This review was modified by goodolboy61 on April 15 2015 08:21:29 PM

"Paid 10 days later still no gun shipped. Thrusday 100% it will be shipped. Come monday it's maybe. This company is a total joke. Sure free shipping but they never ship it. Told them to keep it not worth the wait. Buyer beware!!!!!!"

"I ordered kgc ar15 on Feb 4 with the ad saying mid to late February for it to be in stock to ship. I used an ffl that was new to them and he emailed his ffl licence that day. A week or so later and it showed waiting on ffl copy on the order status so I emailed asking if there was an issue. A week later after nothing I see on their site that the rifle now says mid to late March if you order the rifle. I emailed asking again about my order status saying no ffl and about an estimate of my rifle arrival and if it will be in February like I was told when I ordered or on March like the new ad says. The next day I received an email saying that they had updated my status to show they had the ffl licence but didn't say a word about an estimated date for my purchase. Frustrating but I will wait and see it is still February and not past the time frame I was first given yet. This it's my first purchase from them and I can say they have great prices I just hope their service and quality hold up. We will see and I will update on here as it goes

*Update 2/23/15
Received shipping confirmation a few minutes ago. Awesome job so far as was told mid to late feb.Very happy and will update and give final star rating when received

modified review This review was modified by tennvol865 on February 24 2015 07:53:11 AM

"tl;dr: Called me about an issue with my item, offered reasonable options. Promised to ship same day, did. Quite pleased.

I ordered an item in the evening (10pm?), got a call the next day letting me know that the one they picked had a damaged box, but was otherwise in fine shape. If I wished I could wait for a replacement to come to them, or I could take this one, and get a replacement box at a later date. I opted to take the broken box.

The CSR then promised to ship my item that day, I received notification that a label had been printed, and almost immediately that the item was picked up. I'm quite pleased.

Assuming the item is in fact functionally intact, I'll upgrade to 5 stars, for now, 4 for great customer service and fast shipping.

Seems they've changed some things as my experience thus far has been very different from others. Thankfully.

"I ordered two AR's and ACR. Since KYGun has two prices, Credit and Cash, I had to call customer service to ensure I order properly. Call was answered with minimal wait and she walked me though ordering online. I then had to send them a check. Wish the "cash" order option would be simpler but fulfillment and shipment to FFL was relatively fast. "

"I ordered a stripped ar-15 upper and lower. My FFL sent his info with-in 30 minutes after I ordered. A day or two later my account said waiting on FFL paperwork. I finally called to see if there was a problem. A rep said they couldn't match the name of the company to the name of the holder. Which is just crazy talk because both are listed. He later admitted his mistake and said he would ship it right out. Days later I went to my FFL to pick up the package. Unfortunately only the lower was there. I had to call again and asked where the upper was. They said they would call me back. hours later they did and said they would ship my upper. six hours later a rep called and asked where I wanted it shipped and said they missed the outgoing mail for the day. In short it is taking weeks instead of days to get my stuff and a lot of hassle. There not crooks just incompetent.
After reading this review the KGC called me and explained that my FFL failed to put the order number on the paperwork. So that explained the first issue. He apologized for failing to send the upper. I would not have written a negative review if they would have just sent the upper faster when I alerted them of the issue. Instead they waited till the end of the day.

modified review This review was modified by baracuta on November 05 2014 11:33:28 AM

"I orders a rare SIG 210, they had the best price shipped on the day I ordered arrived at my FFL within three days. I am going to buy another pistol from them. I found their Customer service to be great."

"Purchased an ATI .45 that was advertised at a great deal so I purchased it. Jumped through all the hoops and paid with a credit card. Got a confirmation email from them, then 2 days later they tell me they over sold the item and cannot honor my order. Pretty sorry for a company to pull that kind of crap. I WAS a repeat customer too. Will shop elsewhere from now on."

"This company is CS. I started an order, placed the product in my cart, registered and began checking out when I was interrupted and had to leave for a few hours. When I returned, KYGun had removed the item from my cart and raised the price over $70. They didn't run out of stock, they just raised the price in the middle of my transaction.
So I called to explain the situation and asked for their help but their reply was "sorry, we can't honor our price even though you had already started the transaction before we raised it". This company has no honor!
The world is full of on-line gun dealers. Many, I'm sure, actually value their customers. I will find one of them from now on.

modified review This review was modified by Qualls on September 09 2014 03:17:00 PM

"I am thoroughly pleased and surprised!

1) Not only did KY Gun Co have a somewhat rare item I was looking for in stock, but they priced it FAR below all others I could find - - anywhere.

2) Despite my concerns over some negative feedback regarding shipping time and slow customer service, the pistol arrived at my FFL in just TWO WEEKDAYS after I placed my online order!

3) As for customer service, I sent one email asking about modifying my order to accommodate additional items. I received a same-day response AND I made a call to reply to them and was helped quickly and courteously after a brief (maybe 1 or 2 minutes) hold time on the phone.

FYI: This feedback was completely unsolicited and I have nothing to do with the company other than having just become a very happy customer. It is always a wonderful surprise when a company exceeds one's expectations, so they deserved my kudos here - - the least I could do in appreciation for getting me a product at a price I did not think possible and much, much sooner than I ever expected.

(Note: I have not picked up the product from my FFL yet, but assume all will be fine).

modified review This review was modified by idarocbob on September 08 2014 02:34:22 PM

"I have made four gun purses from KYGUN. CO THIS YEAR (2014). EVERY PURCHASE WAS AT THE LOWEST PRICE SHIPPED FREE AND ARRIVED WITHIN A WEEK. I WILL CONTINUE TO BE A CUSTOMER. EVERYONE I SPOKE TO WAS VERY NICE AND ATTENTIVE. GREAT JOB TELL YOUR FRIENDS I DO."

modified review This review was modified by Spike0351 on August 16 2014 08:07:05 PM

"I found a holster there but they did not have it in Black. The Sales Rep, an older gentleman was very patient and helpful to find a holster that would fit my Old Smith & Wesson 45 semi.
It was ordered and I did not have to put up no money which I am glad i didn't. It has been a month now and still no holster or notification from them. Seems the break down was with the guy who was to order it come Monday morning. Called twice and all I was told is it is ordered and I should hear something soon. Well that was 2 weeks ago and the order has been on order for at least 4 weeks now.

"Super great. From start to finish. Always answered the phone, returned email messages. I had a major issue with my purchase as the FFL i first sent it to used a PO box instead of his real address...ended up getting returned to sender. I called a few days before it got back to their store and arranged a different FFL in my area. When it got back, it shipped out next day two day shipping to the correct address. Between their price and amazing customer service I have no regrets."

modified review This review was modified by theABCman on July 18 2014 09:00:00 AM

"Great Place! Won't buy my guns anywhere else! "

modified review This review was modified by Ho11i on May 27 2014 03:01:56 PM

"Terrible customer service and they charge the credit card even if they don't have the item in stock. It is impossible to get an actual update, just automatically generated e-mails stating they will be in touch...

I will never purchase from them again...

Share Kentucky Gun Co.'s store rating

Kentucky Gun Co. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Kentucky Gun Co. is not a merchant member
Kentucky Gun Co. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!