• Address: 8 Old Bloomfield Pike, Bardstown, KY

Product & services pricing Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.72/10 4.72/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.94/10 5.94/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10

"I ordered two AR's and ACR. Since KYGun has two prices, Credit and Cash, I had to call customer service to ensure I order properly. Call was answered with minimal wait and she walked me though ordering online. I then had to send them a check. Wish the "cash" order option would be simpler but fulfillment and shipment to FFL was relatively fast. "

"I ordered a stripped ar-15 upper and lower. My FFL sent his info with-in 30 minutes after I ordered. A day or two later my account said waiting on FFL paperwork. I finally called to see if there was a problem. A rep said they couldn't match the name of the company to the name of the holder. Which is just crazy talk because both are listed. He later admitted his mistake and said he would ship it right out. Days later I went to my FFL to pick up the package. Unfortunately only the lower was there. I had to call again and asked where the upper was. They said they would call me back. hours later they did and said they would ship my upper. six hours later a rep called and asked where I wanted it shipped and said they missed the outgoing mail for the day. In short it is taking weeks instead of days to get my stuff and a lot of hassle. There not crooks just incompetent.
After reading this review the KGC called me and explained that my FFL failed to put the order number on the paperwork. So that explained the first issue. He apologized for failing to send the upper. I would not have written a negative review if they would have just sent the upper faster when I alerted them of the issue. Instead they waited till the end of the day.

modified review This review was modified by baracuta on November 05 2014 11:33:28 AM

"I orders a rare SIG 210, they had the best price shipped on the day I ordered arrived at my FFL within three days. I am going to buy another pistol from them. I found their Customer service to be great."

"Purchased an ATI .45 that was advertised at a great deal so I purchased it. Jumped through all the hoops and paid with a credit card. Got a confirmation email from them, then 2 days later they tell me they over sold the item and cannot honor my order. Pretty sorry for a company to pull that kind of crap. I WAS a repeat customer too. Will shop elsewhere from now on."

"This company is CS. I started an order, placed the product in my cart, registered and began checking out when I was interrupted and had to leave for a few hours. When I returned, KYGun had removed the item from my cart and raised the price over $70. They didn't run out of stock, they just raised the price in the middle of my transaction.
So I called to explain the situation and asked for their help but their reply was "sorry, we can't honor our price even though you had already started the transaction before we raised it". This company has no honor!
The world is full of on-line gun dealers. Many, I'm sure, actually value their customers. I will find one of them from now on.

modified review This review was modified by Qualls on September 09 2014 03:17:00 PM

"I am thoroughly pleased and surprised!

1) Not only did KY Gun Co have a somewhat rare item I was looking for in stock, but they priced it FAR below all others I could find - - anywhere.

2) Despite my concerns over some negative feedback regarding shipping time and slow customer service, the pistol arrived at my FFL in just TWO WEEKDAYS after I placed my online order!

3) As for customer service, I sent one email asking about modifying my order to accommodate additional items. I received a same-day response AND I made a call to reply to them and was helped quickly and courteously after a brief (maybe 1 or 2 minutes) hold time on the phone.

FYI: This feedback was completely unsolicited and I have nothing to do with the company other than having just become a very happy customer. It is always a wonderful surprise when a company exceeds one's expectations, so they deserved my kudos here - - the least I could do in appreciation for getting me a product at a price I did not think possible and much, much sooner than I ever expected.

(Note: I have not picked up the product from my FFL yet, but assume all will be fine).

modified review This review was modified by idarocbob on September 08 2014 02:34:22 PM

"I have made four gun purses from KYGUN. CO THIS YEAR (2014). EVERY PURCHASE WAS AT THE LOWEST PRICE SHIPPED FREE AND ARRIVED WITHIN A WEEK. I WILL CONTINUE TO BE A CUSTOMER. EVERYONE I SPOKE TO WAS VERY NICE AND ATTENTIVE. GREAT JOB TELL YOUR FRIENDS I DO."

modified review This review was modified by Spike0351 on August 16 2014 08:07:05 PM

"I found a holster there but they did not have it in Black. The Sales Rep, an older gentleman was very patient and helpful to find a holster that would fit my Old Smith & Wesson 45 semi.
It was ordered and I did not have to put up no money which I am glad i didn't. It has been a month now and still no holster or notification from them. Seems the break down was with the guy who was to order it come Monday morning. Called twice and all I was told is it is ordered and I should hear something soon. Well that was 2 weeks ago and the order has been on order for at least 4 weeks now.

"Super great. From start to finish. Always answered the phone, returned email messages. I had a major issue with my purchase as the FFL i first sent it to used a PO box instead of his real address...ended up getting returned to sender. I called a few days before it got back to their store and arranged a different FFL in my area. When it got back, it shipped out next day two day shipping to the correct address. Between their price and amazing customer service I have no regrets."

modified review This review was modified by theABCman on July 18 2014 09:00:00 AM

"Great Place! Won't buy my guns anywhere else! "

modified review This review was modified by Ho11i on May 27 2014 03:01:56 PM

"Terrible customer service and they charge the credit card even if they don't have the item in stock. It is impossible to get an actual update, just automatically generated e-mails stating they will be in touch...

I will never purchase from them again...

"Purchased Savage Arms 93R17 GVXP gun/scope package. Prior to purchasing, inquired about scope manufacturer and was told Nikon. Arrived with a Bushnell Sharpshooter. Pissed but made the mistake of giving it a try. Subsequently, I've discovered that this model scope has been discontinued for retail sales but is being produced for use in Savage's gun/scope packages. It is not available for sale anywhere and is shown as a legacy model on Bushnell's website. WTF? At the range, found entire scope mount to be loose - two-piece base mounting screws were loose (scope was factory mounted and bore-sighted). Now I know why neither Savage or other sellers come clean about the specifics of this gun/scope package. The scope is a cheap, poor quality waste of money. Savage did admit to making a switch from Simmons to Bushnell in 2014 - still different from what I was told. I hate lawyers but take their advice and get it in writing before you buy. Lastly, KGC will not post a factual, albeit somewhat negative product review that I submitted! That should give you a clue as to the type outfit your dealing with."

modified review This review was modified by stinkywizzletits on March 11 2014 12:24:11 AM

"Slow slow customer service that costs me two Sig Mag.

x- around Dec 2, 2013 I ordered a Sig229 , and it was shipped to my FFL without 2 13-rd mag since they claimed they did not get the high-cap mag permit from my FFL ( i checked my FFL, and he said they sent it already.)

x- On Dec 26th, 2013, i opened a case with them and provided high-cap Mag permit to the KYgun on the same day trying to beat the deadline of Jan 1 2014 when high-cap Mag parts are not allowed to ship in state of California;

x- pretty Easy, huh??

x- NO!! i do not know what was going on, i never got a clear answer for the mags. I tried emails and phone with Eric a few times, he kept telling me he would check on it,

x- Late Jan in 2014, i made the final attempt - instead of calling customer service, i called up the shipping department to find out what's going on. They told me they only found one Mag and did not know where the other was... (YEAH!!)

x- they sent the one mag to the FFL, and my FFL told me it had passed the deadline, i cannot get it. If the Mags were sent out around Dec 26, i would have got them.

x- this is not the end of the story ...
i feel it is their fault that i did not get the mags. i wrote my last email to them about the possible solutions: either send me 2 10-rd mag, or convert the 2 sig mags to store credit for my next purchase. Guess what, i did not hear anything from them!

That is it, i am done with https://www.kygunco.com.

4/15/2014

x- i got contacted by it one or two day after i posted here, they agreed to send me a check for the mag....

x- As of now April 15th, 2014, i am still waiting.

modified review This review was modified by crabjay on April 15 2014 02:59:53 PM

"I ordered from them twice, but cancelled both orders within a few days of placing them. As per their terms it takes 5-7 days for them to ship your order and I accept that, but that's 5-7 days for me to do more shopping/comparing and in both cases I found a comparable deal with product in hand within 48 hours of placing the order. "

modified review This review was modified by J99730 on January 22 2014 07:59:41 AM

"Bought and Paid for my AR Lower... had a FFL that was new to them... The FFL has spent almost two months now repeatedly sending them faxes and emails with his FFL info and they are still saying they have not received it and have not sent me my lower. I already bought a replacement and at this point in time I am just waiting for them to honor their deal."

modified review This review was modified by Madden-Jim on December 18 2013 07:09:38 PM

Kentucky Gun Co. is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Kentucky Gun Co. is not a merchant member
Kentucky Gun Co. does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!