"I placed an order but had change of heart. Tried to cancel. Was told it was being prepared to ship. Was told to refuse it when it came which I did. Received emailed it was returned. Still trying to get refund. Been given several dates when they mailed me a check. Still waiting. They refused to refund thru my credit card."

modified review This review was modified by jojojump on October 09 2014 06:41:33 PM

"Will never order from them again. Ordered a fold up bed and a separate order for a sheet set. Turned out their web description had forgotten to state that a sheet set was included with the bed. So I tried to return the additional sheet set. Was told I would have to wait and hear from the mfg. Still waiting, no call or email. Terrible customer service. Will never order from them again. If I could give them a zero star rating, I would."

modified review This review was modified by g8idea on May 07 2014 11:38:15 AM

"I ordered the wine cooler from Kotulas and was promptly notified by them my credit card denied the charge. I just moved and the new address did not match the address on the credit card. Not a problem. I called the credit card company and explained and they said they would accept the charge the next time it was put through. I notified Kotulas to put through a recharge. The same thing. It was denied. I again called the credit card company and they said Kotulas never sent in a second request. They said they did but they didn't. I called Kotulas back and within a few days I got an email stating the order had been shipped. I never got paperwork from them or shipping or tracking information. About 2 weeks later I get a call from a trucking company saying they have the delivery and am I able to accept it. I ask for an explanation. I'm told the shipper has only paid for curbside delivery. That means I am responsible for unloading it off the truck. I am told it weighs 257 lbs and the truck is about 4 feet off the ground. I am a 66 year old man in a residential community. I have no way to unload 257 lbs off the back of a truck. The driver said for an additional $157 they will use their lift and lower it down to the ground. Do you think that is a little high to lower it 4 feet? I refused delivery since I have no means to unload it. I called Kotulas customer service and am told that is correct. They said most of their customers have the means to unload. I said you must have only commercial customers then and was told they had both residential and commercial but all their customers had forklifts to unload their deliveries. There is no way that can be true. There is nothing on the Kotulas website that in any way indicates the customer is responsible for unloading 257 lbs themselves. They advertise free shipping. That usually means delivery to your front door. If I would have known I never would have ordered the product from them. I feel ripped off. I wasted a lot of my time when I could have bought from a local merchant and had it delivered to my front door. I will never do business with them again nor would I ever recommend them to anyone else. I am extremely unhappy with Kotulas for not being honest not only about the credit card charges but the details of their FREE shipping. This is a company to avoid."

modified review This review was modified by waynerohrer on June 05 2013 09:33:50 AM

"I recently placed an order for a patio dining set from Kotula's through their Amazon page. I ordered it as a birthday present and ordered a week prior to the birthday. The shipping estimate had it arriving on time or just slightly before the birthday.

After 4 days from the estimated shipping date, I noticed that I had never been given any notice of shipment. I contacted Kotula's and received no answer. After another day went by without any notice and after I read that their shipping policy is that they will ship everything within two business days and any delay would be communicated to the customer at the time of ordered, I decided to check it out some more. I then saw that the item had been been marked as "Out of Stock" since my order. I decided to request to cancel the order. I then got a response telling me that my order was being prepared for shipment - great!

6 days then elasped without hearing anything further. Nothing showed up at the door and no one contacted me. I sent another message and told them that I didn't believe my package was being prepared for shipment and that if they didn't explain what was going on with my package, I would complain to Amazon. I got a response the very next day saying, "Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry, this item has been discontinued and we were unable to fill this order." They deleted my order from my Amazon history thus removing my ability to rate them through Amazon.

I dealt with the actual company this entire time and I can honestly say they have the most pointless customer service staff/policy. Most, if not all, of the emails were canned responses and had nothing to do with the question at hand. The birthday has passed and now I have to go shop for something else. They say they're going to refund me...fine. But if they hadn't told me that the product was being prepared for shipment when clearly it hadn't, I would've bought another equivalent gift BEFORE the birthday passed.

modified review This review was modified by Elogan08 on April 03 2012 01:08:36 PM

"bought a steamer but it wasn't like the pictures"

"This was my first order with Kotulas. I received free shipping even though my order total was a penny under the $25 minimum to receive free shipping. Shipped next day. Professionally packaged. They had the best price for the item I wanted."

"Kotula's products arte NOT as stated. Poor customer service. Products DO NOT work as stated and I would not buy there products or order from this company"

"If I had read these reviews before ordering, I probably wouldn't have. But I actually didn't have a negative experience with them. I placed an order for a mailbox they had and it shipped the next day. Was even able to use a free shipping coupon. "

"same experience as the reviewer below. placed the order, waited a month and the order never showed up. apparently they canceled it without telling the customer!!!"

"Ordered a golf game which comes in a nice wooden box. the first one they sent did not have all the pieces and the lid was broken. Sent to back for free and they shipped another. This thing is used and also broken. This was not an unopened item. Don't buy from them."

"I ordered three of the Sonic Scrubber power tools, one for myself and two as gifts. I received the order very quickly, but all three tools were broken. Won't buy from them again."

"I got no update for the order in a whole week. When I called them, I was told my order was cancelled long time ago due to insufficient stock. They cancelled my order without any notice. I won't shop at this website again."

modified review This review was modified by stormzh on January 08 2010 11:54:43 AM

Kotulas is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Kotulas is not a merchant member
Kotulas does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!