Stores > Kotula's

Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.88/10 6.88/10
    Customer service: Rating 6.14/10 6.14/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.67/10 6.67/10

Yard windmill

"Quality as good as or better than expected - time span to delivery a little slow"

Bow and Arrow Rack

"Item came to my home in a damaged box that was obviously held together by a bunch of tape. Do not know if occurred at UPS or was sent out that way. The product was also poorly packed by the manufacturer causing minor damage. The item, although constructed well is made of very poor materials. I never felt wood so light before. The item will serve it purpose but considering everything, still over priced at $40."

Catchy title!

"Great catalog and website. Displays and descriptions of items are superb. The items I've received have been even better than expected. VERY positive experience shopping with Kotula's!"

2016-09-24

Delivery was good, product stinks

"I ordered two items from Kotula's. , in fairness, have only received one. The item I received is the "U. S. Patrol Alarm Security Bar". I put it together with the bare minimum instructions, installed a brand new duracell battery, and the thing absolutely does not work! I tried repositioning the battery, yanked on the doorknob, pulled the door open....NOTHING. This will definitely be going back, and I had better not have to pay for return shipping. I am awaiting a birdbath. I hope the quality is MUCH better. "

2016-09-24

"was very happy with your company with ordering and shipping. thank you so much.
William moyer

PISS-POOR Customer Support - First and Probably LAST Order From Kotula's

"I placed my order September 19th. For the next 3 days the Order Status continued to show "PENDING". I emailed Kotula Customer Support asking where my order was and when it would be shipped. September 24th...nearly 48 hours after my inquiry and 5 days after placing the order, I got a response from CS telling me it shipped. I also received a notice that it had shipped.

As I am a First Time Customer of Kotula's, this is not a good start. Kotula's is NOT making a good first impression on this first order of mine. It took 5 days after ordering for Kotula to ship my order. And I don't know if it was shipped because I complained and had to ask where my item was, or if it was Kotula's standard shipping practices.

I place a lot of importance on Customer Service. And the way I see it, Kotula's customer service is Piss-Poor. I can understand if the product turned out to be on back-order. That being the case, it should have stated so upon placing my order for the product...but it didn't. Ideally, I should have received some sort of notification that my order was being held up and why it was held up. But I didn't, UNTIL I complained.

Other than the order confirmation, I had not received ANYTHING with any type of order update since the order was initially placed. My order summary showed it would ARRIVE in "3 - 5 Business Days". It didn't ship UNTIL 5 days after placing the order. Considering that no explanation was provided, that is pretty pathetic in terms of Customer Service.

My Kotula's shopping experience has been anything BUT "fast and easy". Well...maybe easy. But it has been anything BUT fast. ALL things considered, the shipping experience was PISS-POOR.

On the hunt

"Great fun, and sterile too."

2016-09-23

"I liked the price of the product and how fast I received it.....Good customer service "

2016-09-23

"I recall checking the box so it would be a gift receipt with no price shown. Didn't happen. "

2016-09-23

"Ordered the "Sweepit" outdoor leaf sweeper, it arrived on time as promised, was easy to assemble and seems to pick up leaves as stated. Haven't given it a full workout yet but have hopes it will do the trick. At the least, it is a helpful tool for this kind of job."

On point

"Easy to order and quickly shipped. "

2016-09-23

the postman had to be hungry!!!

"I received the two orders but there was no coolers included and the crackers were all crushed and the meats had no expiration dates on them. I would like to have the coolers!!!! and U may keep the old food!!!!"

Read between the lines

"Kotula's ordering was easy, and delivery was efficient. I received my shredder in four business days. Not bad for ordering on a Saturday.
Assembly of the Earthwise Garden Shredder required some reading between the lines since the Operator's Manual illustrations did not seem to agree (pp. 8 vs. 13). Axle assembly was rather unclear. It would have been helpful to know not to fully tighten the legs prior to assembly of the axle. And I kept going back and forth between the illustration Fig. 2a and the axle illustration on p. 13, reading assembly instruction #3 one word at a time, to finally get the proper order of washers and spacers . P. 13 indicated to me that two (2) washers went before the spacers and that the spacers went inside the leg. Wrong!!! My brain was finally able to realize that the spacer went outside the legs and that there was no doubling up of washers anywhere.
My shredder is now fully assembled, although nowhere did the instructions say to remove the cardboard from the bottom of the shredder. I thought it must be some sort of blade protection so I was afraid to remove it. It was wedged in very tightly. But when I could not get the collection box properly located (Yes, I finally did find the grooves into which it was supposed to slide), I realized that the cardboard had to be removed. Once I pried it out, the collection box slipped in with no problem.
Now I am awaiting the first opportunity to actually use what appears to be a solid piece of apparatus. Right now it looks really good.

2016-09-23

"Just what I wanted. Couldn't afford a new deck, so the 60.00 rug is the best option. Looks great and arrived in 3 days so I get to use it before next year!"

cute rug

"Its a rug for RVs but we use it on our patio. Takes a long time to flatten out but we like it."

Share Kotula's's store rating

Kotula's is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Kotula's is a merchant member
Kotula's participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. This merchant is also Elite. See all 2,633 merchant members.