Stores > Kotula's

Product & services pricing Rating 6.88/10 6.88/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10

2016-05-20

Was thrown off by the reviews but decided to take a chance

"I have seen some pretty harsh reviews on a couple different sites but one of the things I did find is that there seemed to be resolution in most every case. The biggest issue seemed to be items promised in stock at the time of order only to find out that they were not. Now I have nothing to do with any of those experiences and am not going to say that those reviews were not fair but I did want to relay my experience. I found an item on Kotula's that was literally less than half the cost I found a similar item *everywhere* else. The item was listed as in-stock and after initially thinking it wasn't worth the risk, I ordered the product the next day. Lo and behold I received a shipping confirmation a couple days later but I wasn't going to count my chickens before they hatched. I watched as the transit progressed and the item eventually arrived at my door. I STILL withheld my joy until I opened the box to discover the product I ordered, opened it up and even spread it out on the floor (it was an outdoor patio mat). It was just as described on the site. Quality was even better than expected and even had a sewn tag showing Kotula's and Northern Tool which I didn't know were the same. Very happy with my purchase and will probably buy from them again. Not saying yours will be the same experience but my confidence in them has increased despite the other reviews and I personally am willing to give them another shot."

2016-04-28

THE GUYS WITH THE GOODS DELIVER

"VERY HAPPY TO WRITE THIS REVIEW... WE ORDERED OUR ROOF RACK FISHING POLE HOLDER BEFORE WE READ ANY REVIEWS AND WE UNDERSTAND THAT THESE GUYS MIGHT HAVE HAD DIFFICULTY IN THE PAST BUT WE ORDERED ON SATURDAY AND THURSDAY EVENING OUR POLE HOLDER IS MOUNTED AND READY TO GO... THANX KOTULA'S YOU GUYS DO HAVE THE GOODS..."

This review was modified by KATHRYNMCCAULEY on April 28 2016 06:00:24 PM

2016-03-21

Hoot Owl not worth a Hoot!

"I ordered a motion sensor hooting owl for the patio to maybe scare coons. Does not work in the dark which they failed to mention. triggers in light only and then only sporadically, Inferior product that should not be sold, I also see nothing but bad reviews on Kotulas. Pretty bogus!"

This review was modified by bionicjcs on March 21 2016 01:27:45 AM

2015-12-28

"I ordered an item that was suppose to be a Christmas gift on December 15th and it never shipped. On December 28th, I called Kotulas and was told that the item was in back order until February. I was never notified of the status of the item and probably would not have if I would not have called."

This review was modified by Lizz02 on December 28 2015 09:13:01 AM

2015-08-05

"WOW, I wished I had read these reviews beforehand.. The WORST service !!! Placed an order in June for some shelving. Received 2 out of the five items...just cancelled my order after receiving two letters since then that the order will be delayed I; its now going on three months"

2015-05-08

"Worst service ever!!! I placed an order as a gift and after a week of not hearing anything I called customer service just to find out they had sent me a letter to confirm who I was before they placed my order. Who sends a letter?!? Is this the 1900's? Call me, send me an email! They said they did it for my protection but all you did was ruin my gift giving occasion because now the items are not here and I have no gift! You didn't even offer to try to fix the situation! I told her I was thinking about cancelling my order and she just did it. Wouldn't you offer expedited shipping or something? Thanks for nothing Kotula!"

2015-05-05

"I ordered a garden cart which was confirmed. Two week later I received a letter telling me that the item was no longer available.

I attempted to call to inquire about a substitute but was on hold for over 30 minutes and gave up.

What a company!!! - Paul D.

2015-03-21

"False Advertising!!! I had ordered a product after reading the reviews, checking out the photos and product details they advertised. When the item arrived it was the cheap, manual pump (not battery operated) version of what I had ordered. I called customer service and she was very unprofessional. She was complaining about how slow their computers were and how she was taking so long because she couldn't find it then she gave me a generic answer blaming the manufacture for giving them the photo to post although the product was something completely different. I asked her if anything was going to be done because I wanted the item that I had ordered and she said no but I could return it and call it a day. She also said they don't have or sell the product that I had ordered. I will never purchase anything from this company again! Total waste of time and money!"

2015-02-21

"Terrible customer service!!!! Do not buy from them, I wish I would have found these reviews before I placed an order! Ordered a roof rake paid with PayPal took Kotulas 4 days to send me an email stating the item was out of stock after they charged me. I called and asked, "is this how you do business it takes you 4 days of me waiting for an item to send an email saying its out of stock!?" Her response was "yes sir." Buy from somewhere else terrible place to order from!!"

2015-02-11

"Bought Robocut from Kotula.com and after a week ordering nothing happen and no one calls me. I then called the company and they said its manufacturer problem and I ask to cancel it . After cancelling a day, they send me an email saying I cannot cancel it before receiving. They immdediately fast ship to me the next day. When it arrived the box was broken and I did not even border to open it. I called again and request return. They process the return and said I will received return process in 2 -3 days businessday. After a business week nothing happen. I then called them and they said they will reqeuest again. After another week I receive the return code and then they said the ups guy will cme to pick up the stuff with 48 hours. I then waited and waited nothing happen. I called after 4 days and they said they will send me a shipping label so that I can bring to UPS. After a week nothing happen again. I then called again an dthey said they will request again. I have been sitting here at home cannot do anything because of these. Worst company I ever caome across and worst promises one after another. Don't buy from them. I have send a letter to business buearea and complain about the comany and investigation case is open. "

2014-12-26

"Total disaster totaly upsed bad experience wont ever order again ..i order a projector ligth for chistmas trying to suprise my kids when i got the item barely could see the reflexion on dark returned back i paid for shiping back bougth it on 11.14 .2014 sended back and after espeaking to thenm for 4 times still dont have my refund what a scams dont buy with them dont waste your money !!!!!"

2014-12-13

"Extremely disappointed ordered the rustic cooler for a xmas gift . Would never gift the is piece of crap to anyone.. Poor craftsmanship and very poor quality materials. $105 and to get my refund I have to pay to ship it back. What a joke! The worst part is that if I keep it it needs resanded , restained and a finishing coat applied to make it weather resistant

Didn't expect a project when I ordered it :( never ordering from kotulas again!

2014-12-08

"Awful shopping experience. I order counter stools back in October through them and never received. I kept calling to find out status and they would make up some date that they would be shipped. One December 8, 2014 called again to check status and she told me they wouldn't ship until December 29th (MAYBE). I cancelled the order and ordered the same exact stools elsewhere and they have in stock, ready to ship"

This review was modified by hunter10000 on December 08 2014 10:12:33 AM

2014-10-09

"I placed an order but had change of heart. Tried to cancel. Was told it was being prepared to ship. Was told to refuse it when it came which I did. Received emailed it was returned. Still trying to get refund. Been given several dates when they mailed me a check. Still waiting. They refused to refund thru my credit card."

This review was modified by jojojump on October 09 2014 06:41:33 PM

2014-05-07

"Will never order from them again. Ordered a fold up bed and a separate order for a sheet set. Turned out their web description had forgotten to state that a sheet set was included with the bed. So I tried to return the additional sheet set. Was told I would have to wait and hear from the mfg. Still waiting, no call or email. Terrible customer service. Will never order from them again. If I could give them a zero star rating, I would."

This review was modified by g8idea on May 07 2014 11:38:15 AM

Share Kotula's's store rating

Kotula's is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Kotula's is a merchant member
Kotula's participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,594 merchant members.