Stores > Kohl's

Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.43/10 1.43/10
    Customer service: Rating 0.94/10 0.94/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

2016-01-07

"I am a grandmother of 10 and, due to complications from MS, a person who invests a lot of time, energy and emotion carefully shopping for, choosing, and purchasing items online. This year I ordered several holiday items from Kohl's exciting holiday clearance sale. I ordered Dec 2 to give time for shipping. Shipments that did arrive, we're packaged inadequately, and arrived with broken glass and ceramics... I called to be told for most items replacements no longer available. Other items purchased in the same order were changed to fewer quantity available but not yet shipped, ending up none of those items shipping out at all due to now determined not available. Poor inventory control to say the keast. Kohl's sent 13 large candles loosely packaged in one large box. Cut myself taking broken item out of box. Called C/S and was given Corp office number to call. That is a futile endeavor to reach anyone that way. There is nobody to answer these calls..just a voice mail to leave messages; after more than a week not receiving return call from my messages, I sent an email which prompted a call to me two days later. This Corporate Representative referred back to a call several years earlier when I had called to complain about an item purchased that had the wrong dimensions in their description information. Surely, she had concluded and then insinuated to me that I was just a disgruntled customer. I experienced no sense of empathy, understanding, or consideration for my disastrous shipment of this special holiday order. I felt my purchase as a loss and had received physical injury. It was distressing and disappointing, given that I have purchased thousands of dollars of merchandise from Kohls over the years. I am so disappointed and shocked by the poor customer service. I can only shake my head now with disbelief."

This review was modified by olliedays on January 07 2016 11:01:32 AM

2015-12-12

"I am beyond pissed at kohls right now. I ordered a Christmas present in the middle of November - before Thanksgiving! Two weeks go by and shipping status was STILL at label created but not shipped. I called customer service and was on the phone for over an hour with nothing getting resolved, other than them coming to the conclusion that they lost my order - by that time my lunch break was over so I had to make a second call after work. Another hour with customer service - now a total of 2 hours! - and they hung up on me before anything got resolved. By the third phone call I was irate and the gentleman I spoke with finally did what I was asking which is to reorder/re ship my items. Lo and behold over a week later I get an email saying another shipping label has been created, only to get an email immediately after saying my item is out of stock. They need to get their shit together and I should absolutely not be put in this position less than 2 weeks before Christmas when I ordered this a month ago!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS a loyal kohls customer but after this I am paying off my kohls charge and closing my account. Would rate half star if it allowed me "

2015-12-10

"They cancel items on your order and then take forever to ship the rest of it. Never again, kohl's!! I will not buy on your website anymore!"

2015-12-07

"This is the worst company to ever do online shopping at, they have messed up now 3 of my orders. Its not my fault that you continue to advertise products when you are sold out of them or that you forget to ship something and now its sold out. I especially love when you cancel and refund my order with out my consent either. I will never shop at this company again. "

This review was modified by starry7 on December 07 2015 09:33:56 AM

2015-12-06

"I have shopped Kohl's for years off and on because they are not a dependable store but sometimes they actually have what you want online. Haven't had much trouble with them but they are vastly overpriced for their merchandise. That's why they have sales and coupons constantly. I earned $70 in Kohl's cash (a large order) in an online transaction on 11/30 and I had until 12/6 to use them, so I went to the nearest store (60 miles away) as not to incur extreme shipping fees and have a day with my sons who live near the store. What a nightmare! I figured it with a calculator to make sure I stayed under the Kohl's Cash amount. When I got through with my purchase the clerk spoke very low and told me what I thought he said was $4.67. I though maybe taxes put it over and put it on my Kohl's credit card. When the receipt came out it said $46.67. When I asked the clerk he said, well, that's what is came up to. I told him I just wanted to return the merchandise and he sent me back to customer service. What a joke! I and several others, stood in line for over an hour because no matter what they did, they couldn't get the registers to take the amount off my card. It would error out at the end of the procedure. They called tech support and was told the network was down. All with the store manager just standing there looking stupid, never saying a word or trying to help. The ladies in customer service were at least trying different ways to get the system to work. This was deliberate on Kohl's part. I finally just left and vowed not to ever step foot or go online to another Kohls as long as I live. Excuse me, I've been working computers and networking since 1985 and if you can put it in, it can come out. They were still charging cards in line for people. They are just thieves of the lowest caliber and they can keep their cash, rewards, etc because they don't have a clue how they should work. They need to take a lesson from Overstock.com. on how to run a program successfully. "

2015-12-04

"Terrible customer service. Ordered a tv and it was notified that the item was shipped two days later. After a week of no updates on the tracking number , I called only to find that they forgot to ship the item and therefore probably sold the tv to someone else. The only thing they can do is refund. Tried asking if they can give me a deal on a different tv and they said they can't because price is set by the vendor. Also said that when the tv comes back in stock , I have to pay the full price and then they will do a case appeal to get me reimbursed. I do not recommend shopping here. I understand damage during shipping or lost during shipping is bad luck, but they in fact forgot to ship the item..
I do alot of online shopping and experience plenty of issues but never have the seller forgot to ship the item..

I'd stay away from kohls and stick to buying from other major retailers such as bestbuy, amazon and etc..

This review was modified by Dbzx on December 04 2015 09:07:44 PM

2015-12-04

"I'm a Kohls customer for 5 years and I love Kohls Cash :)
Sometimes their website works slowly but in general everything is ok.

2015-12-04

"I supposedly received a shipment of two pairs of Levi pants and two shirts to include this item. I got the two pairs of pants but never received either this shirt or the other one. I have called their Customer Support twice and was told that someone would be checking things out but never heard anything back from them. The last contact was probably a month ago."

2015-11-27

"I placed an online order HOURS before they started their in Store black friday sale. All items were in stock and paid for. I went to the store after they opened to look for items in their ad not listed online, I saw some of the same item I had just purchased online, but did not purchase any of them because I already had my order placed and paid for only to get an email 1 full day later in the evening to tell me they canceled an item that was no longer in stock. How in the hell was it in stock when I placed it HOURS before stores opened, but after their black friday sale in stores 1 of my items is now sold out and when I call their out of country customer service reps can't give any answers or even help you, just tell you the item is no longer available and can't seem to comprehend when you tell them it was available at the time of purchase they say they don't know what happened and thats it!!! I could have purchased in store and had my item, but no I trusted them to place my pre-order and it was the BIGGEST mistake I made!!! I will NEVER order from Kohls again!!!! FYI when an item is out of stock the size does not illuminate or even allow you to choose it. How stupid do they think I am!!"

This review was modified by Kris.H on November 27 2015 10:19:12 PM

2015-10-28

"Had to return a Keurig which stopped brewing. Had no receipt, no box, but purchased at Kohls. They gladly replaced it for us. Best CS we've ever received. Love Kohls. Loyal customers forevet!"

2015-09-28

"Kohl's
Corporate Office
Address: N56 W17000 Ridgewood Dr, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Phone:(262) 703-7000
Reviews
1 Google review

I bought a Sketchers pair box-priced @ $75, on sale for $69 but within 6 mos of wear, the sole came unglued from the shoe. I did not have my receipt, however, the Kohl's receipts boast, "HASSLE-FREE RETURNS, ANYTIME, ANY REASON... "no receipt, no problem..." - "we can look up your purchase and give you a full refund, or even exchange."

I returned my defective shoe, was denied an even exchange with the statement, "this shoe is in back-stock and no longer offered..." thus, no even price exchange, only an in-store credit. In fact, I was offered less than 1% of the box-priced $75 - I was offered $6 in-store credit with the statement: "you are given the lowest sale price of the shoes when you return without a receipt and an even exchange is not possible." I asked Kohl's "when did you sell this shoe @ $6 and where?" Kohl's did not extend the courtesy of a reply. Kohl's previously said "our system" fixes the pricing for an in-store credit [$6]; mind boggling, as if some rogue computer or artificial intelligence in the "system" took over any common sense practiced by Kohl's - the policy is set by the person who programmed the "system" - which, cheats the customer of a refund and is contrary to a fair and open disclosure announced in the return policy - "hassle-free"? Only if you're will to get less than one percent 1% of what you paid.

Kohl's has had an opportunity to reply to me but has declined any reply or answers.

Kohl's unwritten "system" policy & practice cheats the customer

-david

This review was modified by dpcltd on September 28 2015 04:23:25 AM

2015-09-15

"I LOVE Kohl's! I know my sizes and brands so it is easy for me to shop from home with my Kohl's card. I also understand the return policies of using Kohl's cash (non-refundable) and discounts (if there is a dollar amount you must achieve before the discount applies, it will be removed from all the purchases it that group and you will get what you paid for the item). I shop accordingly and have rarely returned any items. I often find the designer jeans I like for $4 to $10 in multiple colors, when they would be at least $29 dollars elsewhere!"

2015-09-13

"Kohl's cash is not worth a thing if you return any merchandise. I bought a pair of shoes. I used kohls cash about $10 worth It brought the price down to $24. I had problems with them they were making me trip because of the soles. I tried to return them and somehow they were only going to give me $5 for them. I ask why. They said the kohls cash was none refundable and a coupon they gave to me. Wrong I had to spend $50 to get it. They would not even come close to even giving some kind of gift card or another kohls cash. They had sold me faulty shoes and they profitted. They do not care about their customers at ALL. To bad I won't shop there anymore. I am done with their gimmicks. Payer be ware!"

2015-08-19

"This year I opted to do my back to school shopping online, Back to school shopping is usually a hastle and with work and various other activities I just didn't see myself having enough time to get to it, so I decided to order the bulk of my family's back to school clothes online ( I Know Bad Idea). First I ordered from JCPenny and was pleased to see all of my clothes arrive within the next week in ONE LARGE PACKAGE, happy at how things were going so far I decided to supplement this purchase with some more clothes from Kohl's, Worst Decision Ever. At Kohls prices seemed reasonable and the reward program seemed interesting( a total scam that I do not want to get into right now), so I purchased around 15 from the website. About a week after I made the purchase I got an email notifying my order had arrived. I was surprised because I hadn't gotten any other notification but pleased until I found it haphazardly packed and squished into my mailbox, not all 15 items but one. I I logged onto the Kohl's website
(which kept logging me out every time I tried to get to purchases) and found that the remaining order hadn't even been processed yet. A week wait for a delivery isn't terrible but to wait a week and not even have the order processed? if Kohl's had notified me the clothes weren't in stock I would have gone into the store or ordered something else but now i have a dozen new shirts and pants caught in Kohl's no mans land with no end in sight, customer service is useless and the fact that ill be getting the remainder of my clothes will maybe be shipped individually to me whenever Kohl's decides to get its head out of its own ass is infuriating.

This review was modified by Iatt on August 19 2015 11:52:52 PM

2015-07-26

"Dear Beverly,
I see that this package has been delivered to the shipping address you entered when you placed your order on Kohls.com. In cases like these, we are unable to issue a pickup. I would suggest you contact the current resident to see if they have the package for you to pick up.
Sincerely,
Mary Rose R.
Kohl?s DC3 Associate
My response:
In cases like these where I made every attempt to correct this as soon as I saw the problem:
Website crashing and did not see wrong shipping address even though it had been changed everywhere else and I have a card issued in the new name.
Never got the confirmation email to have a chance to catch it at that point.
Called as soon as I saw it in the order information on the website. Spent hours on the phone talking to 4 people the first day.
Called the post office in old location to have them catch it.
Got tracking and discovered it was OnTrac. Called them and was told they could re-rout it if Kohl's approved.
Called Kohl's and was told you would NOT do that.
Waited for package to be delivered and called to see next step.
Since this seems to be the next step, my next step will be to decline to pay for this shipment when my bill comes.
This is totally unacceptable.

This review was modified by BevOver on July 26 2015 11:27:33 AM

Share Kohl's's store rating

Kohl's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Kohl's is not a merchant member
Kohl's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!