Stores > Kohl's

Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.56/10 1.56/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10

2016-12-06

Kohls customer service - a sadists dream

"Like Charlie Brown falling for the football trust game with Lucy, I returned to Kohls.com after a two year hiatus. A cash off coupon was sent to my home enticing me to return their sadistic online ordering process. I found no improvement. The site was slow and it took one hour to shop for three items and load my cart. When I attempted to check out the coupon wouldn't work and after 45 minutes on hold a CSR answered and told me there was nothing he could do but if I tried to use it tomorrow it would probably work. I explained I needed to use it that day in order to take advantage of the sale prices that expired that night. Once again he stated he could not help me. I asked if a manager was onsite and after huffing "yes" was placed on hold again. After 20 more minutes of lost life time, I hung up. HORRIBLE! I immediately went to Amazon and while the order cost a few dollars more, I placed it with one click after 3 minutes of shopping. You get what you pay for and "abused" is what you get with Kohls.com. "

This review was modified by powjack on December 06 2016 06:45:29 AM

2016-12-05

NEVER EVER ORDER FROM KOHLS.COM!!

"Out of three orders I'd placed over the past couple of years, they've royally screwed up two of them. They outsource their customer service to useless imbeciles whose only recourse is to tell you to drive to a store for help or returns.

They apparently ran out of stock and discontinued the item in my most recent order. Instead of cancelling the order, they threw some random toy into the box.

Another time, I ordered an item for in store pickup using $20 in Kohl's cash. An hour later I get a phone call saying they don't actually have it at the store, and my Kohl's cash is lost for good.

I HATE THIS STORE!!!!

2016-12-03

Horrible shopping experiences in Kohls for three orders.

"This is my first time shopping in Kohls online. I placed the first order on Nov 24 for Balck Friday deals, a TV of $249, today is Dec 3, Kohls doesnt even know where the TV is, customer service asked me to wait 21 days until Dec 13, and if it still doesnt arrive then contact them again! Another "supervisor" is even more "awesome", she suggests I can cancel the order and place another TV worth $699 with 15% discount! The worst thing is they blame UPS, but "Label Created" status means UPS has not physically received the package yet. Kohls just lies and doesnt even know how to find my TV, and doesnt want to take the responsibility. I'll see when my TV can arrive.

The second order is Playstation 4, bought and paid on Nov 24, also for Black Friday deals, and on 26th I was told the order was cancelled because the item was out of stock. Then why do you sell it online? Don't you have an inventory management system? On 26th Black Friday is already over, where should I go to buy? I chose Kohls on Black Friday instead of Walmart and now I am so regretful. Besides, today is Dec 3 I still dont get refund yet.

The third order is five items, I paid $183 using both Kohls cash and my credit card. Then one of the items was again cancelled due to out of stock, which is worth $59. Then I was only refunded with $26 to Kohls cash for next purchase! How convenient!

This is my first time shopping at Kohls and this is the first impression, so disappointed. Yes they have discount and cash back, yes their representatives are polite, but that won't change the fact they treat you like idiots and don't care about your reviews about Kohls. They just dont solve the problems caused by their own faults.

Actually for Black Friday I also bought online in Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Clinique, Puritan and I have received all already and nothing was cancelled. Kohls, so disappointed.

2016-10-19

They don't want to give my money back!!!

"Will Never shop at Kohl's!! Placed an order on 7/19 and got cancelled on the same day. They said I would get the refund within two days. However, FOUR MONTHS passed and I have not received the refund!!! Every time I called them, they just let me wait. But they just wanted me to wait forever and never give my money back!! Bad business!!!"

2016-10-05

Watch Out!!

"I recently purchased some items online, and noticed that somehow I updated my billing address but not my shipping address (don't you normally just check a box?). I realized it when I received the email saying my purchase was being shipped. I called Kohls immediately and I was told that there was nothing they could do. I had to call UPS. I called UPS and I was told that they had not received my package?? I had to wait another day to call UPS, and when I spoke with a UPS representative they asked me if I had contacted the shipper to see if they could have the package re-routed. HA!! Needless to say there was nothing I could do with UPS unless I wanted to pay extra money (no Kohls rep, I can't pick it up at the UPS store). I'll just wait for the post office to re-route it since I have a change of address on file. Oh, and I will NEVER purchase from Kohls again. I have been going there for years, as a matter of fact, one of my favorite stores, but that is going to change."

This review was modified by asdfjsdlfkj on October 05 2016 09:40:45 AM

2016-09-09

I love Kohl's!

"Such a huge selection of clothing and apparel with great affordable prices. I love the coupons."

2016-08-31

Worst credit card service ever

"Since 2015 I have month after month set up an automatic payments. And month after month it disappears. Month after month I call and mo the after month no one seems to have a freaking clue. Over and over I hear it takes a month to go thru....you think I don't know this after 15 months of trying to set it up and just to have not disappear. What does it take with Kohl's to get 1 automatic payment set up for reoccurring payments. Just called again ask for manager she tells me AGAIN and AGAIN it's only showing I set it up last month and takes a month to go thru YOU THINK!!!!I told her over and OVER this is the problem it doesn't show up that it's ever been set up. All this for a 27.00 payment GEEZ someone in IT get a freaking clue already. I travel so if you want your payment then you call me, and don't put someone oin the phone that doesn't speak English. I'm done with you!!!! Sad partni love the stores and merchandise but your losing a long time customer!!! No invoice number just had to list for review"

This review was modified by Lzarboni on August 31 2016 01:36:40 PM

2016-07-30

Kohl's will cancel your online order if you buy sales item.

"Buyers beware, sales item are fake. I have been canceled three times via online orders. They have no plan to sell you anything at a discount. The customer service at Kohl will give you false excuses like I didn't get you bank account number or we didn't get enough information to process your order. Fact is this isn't my first purchase online, I know when I have been screwed. Don't waste your time, buy from somewhere else. "

This review was modified by jh19811215 on July 30 2016 06:13:37 PM

2016-06-26

Worst customer service ever at GolfMill store

"Today we had the most horrible shopping experience over at Niles Kohl's store. While my wife went to look at women's clothing, me and my 4 and a half year old son were looking at stuff over at home appliances section. My son picked up one of the vacuum cleaners and started moving it around pretending he is vacuuming. An older sales associate lady approached him and in a very loud, threatening and rude voice asked my son: "Are you buying this? Put this back!!" My son was scared. He started crying and exclaiming: "Why is she screaming at me. I'm afraid!” My wife came over and asked what the matter was? I explained the situation and my wife wanted to talk to that employee. When my wife asked her why she could not just ask our son politely to put it down, like: "Excuse me, this should not played with. Can you put it back please?" the older lady in a very confrontational voice, stated that my son should not have been playing with vacuum cleaner. Since we could not get an apology from this lady we wanted to report her to her superior. I have asked this older sales associate for her name and she said: “What you want report me? That’s fine. I’ll go do it myself.” However she wouldn’t move an inch nor give us her name. We went to customer service and asked for a manager. A young lady, who stated that she was a supervisor listed to what we had to say and came with us looking for that older lady. We found her by bath accessories. As soon as we started taking another lady came over stating she is a manager and relieving younger supervisor lady, stating: “I’ll handle this.” We and older lady both stated our case the same way we both had before. A manager, whose name I failed to asked also stated that vacuum cleaner is not a toy. We once again stated that her stopping my son from playing with it was not an issue, but rudeness and lack of customer respect was. The manager in somewhat annoyed voice stated that she will discuss this issue with an older associate. At no time an apology was issued to my family. My wife was furious. She said that she will never buy from a store with this kind of customer service. To which a manager stated: “Oh, that’s fine.” Again no issuing any apology for her employee’s rudeness. At this economy and day and age of internet sales brick and mortar stores should be doing everything they can to keep their customer base and not to try to drive them away. Niles Kohl’s store is doing exactly opposite. This troubling experience will keep us from buying at Kohl’s stores again, even though Kohl’s used to be one of my wife’s favorites."

2016-01-07

"I am a grandmother of 10 and, due to complications from MS, a person who invests a lot of time, energy and emotion carefully shopping for, choosing, and purchasing items online. This year I ordered several holiday items from Kohl's exciting holiday clearance sale. I ordered Dec 2 to give time for shipping. Shipments that did arrive, we're packaged inadequately, and arrived with broken glass and ceramics... I called to be told for most items replacements no longer available. Other items purchased in the same order were changed to fewer quantity available but not yet shipped, ending up none of those items shipping out at all due to now determined not available. Poor inventory control to say the keast. Kohl's sent 13 large candles loosely packaged in one large box. Cut myself taking broken item out of box. Called C/S and was given Corp office number to call. That is a futile endeavor to reach anyone that way. There is nobody to answer these calls..just a voice mail to leave messages; after more than a week not receiving return call from my messages, I sent an email which prompted a call to me two days later. This Corporate Representative referred back to a call several years earlier when I had called to complain about an item purchased that had the wrong dimensions in their description information. Surely, she had concluded and then insinuated to me that I was just a disgruntled customer. I experienced no sense of empathy, understanding, or consideration for my disastrous shipment of this special holiday order. I felt my purchase as a loss and had received physical injury. It was distressing and disappointing, given that I have purchased thousands of dollars of merchandise from Kohls over the years. I am so disappointed and shocked by the poor customer service. I can only shake my head now with disbelief."

This review was modified by olliedays on January 07 2016 11:01:32 AM

2015-12-12

"I am beyond pissed at kohls right now. I ordered a Christmas present in the middle of November - before Thanksgiving! Two weeks go by and shipping status was STILL at label created but not shipped. I called customer service and was on the phone for over an hour with nothing getting resolved, other than them coming to the conclusion that they lost my order - by that time my lunch break was over so I had to make a second call after work. Another hour with customer service - now a total of 2 hours! - and they hung up on me before anything got resolved. By the third phone call I was irate and the gentleman I spoke with finally did what I was asking which is to reorder/re ship my items. Lo and behold over a week later I get an email saying another shipping label has been created, only to get an email immediately after saying my item is out of stock. They need to get their shit together and I should absolutely not be put in this position less than 2 weeks before Christmas when I ordered this a month ago!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS a loyal kohls customer but after this I am paying off my kohls charge and closing my account. Would rate half star if it allowed me "

2015-12-10

"They cancel items on your order and then take forever to ship the rest of it. Never again, kohl's!! I will not buy on your website anymore!"

2015-12-07

"This is the worst company to ever do online shopping at, they have messed up now 3 of my orders. Its not my fault that you continue to advertise products when you are sold out of them or that you forget to ship something and now its sold out. I especially love when you cancel and refund my order with out my consent either. I will never shop at this company again. "

This review was modified by starry7 on December 07 2015 09:33:56 AM

2015-12-06

"I have shopped Kohl's for years off and on because they are not a dependable store but sometimes they actually have what you want online. Haven't had much trouble with them but they are vastly overpriced for their merchandise. That's why they have sales and coupons constantly. I earned $70 in Kohl's cash (a large order) in an online transaction on 11/30 and I had until 12/6 to use them, so I went to the nearest store (60 miles away) as not to incur extreme shipping fees and have a day with my sons who live near the store. What a nightmare! I figured it with a calculator to make sure I stayed under the Kohl's Cash amount. When I got through with my purchase the clerk spoke very low and told me what I thought he said was $4.67. I though maybe taxes put it over and put it on my Kohl's credit card. When the receipt came out it said $46.67. When I asked the clerk he said, well, that's what is came up to. I told him I just wanted to return the merchandise and he sent me back to customer service. What a joke! I and several others, stood in line for over an hour because no matter what they did, they couldn't get the registers to take the amount off my card. It would error out at the end of the procedure. They called tech support and was told the network was down. All with the store manager just standing there looking stupid, never saying a word or trying to help. The ladies in customer service were at least trying different ways to get the system to work. This was deliberate on Kohl's part. I finally just left and vowed not to ever step foot or go online to another Kohls as long as I live. Excuse me, I've been working computers and networking since 1985 and if you can put it in, it can come out. They were still charging cards in line for people. They are just thieves of the lowest caliber and they can keep their cash, rewards, etc because they don't have a clue how they should work. They need to take a lesson from Overstock.com. on how to run a program successfully. "

2015-12-04

"Terrible customer service. Ordered a tv and it was notified that the item was shipped two days later. After a week of no updates on the tracking number , I called only to find that they forgot to ship the item and therefore probably sold the tv to someone else. The only thing they can do is refund. Tried asking if they can give me a deal on a different tv and they said they can't because price is set by the vendor. Also said that when the tv comes back in stock , I have to pay the full price and then they will do a case appeal to get me reimbursed. I do not recommend shopping here. I understand damage during shipping or lost during shipping is bad luck, but they in fact forgot to ship the item..
I do alot of online shopping and experience plenty of issues but never have the seller forgot to ship the item..

I'd stay away from kohls and stick to buying from other major retailers such as bestbuy, amazon and etc..

This review was modified by Dbzx on December 04 2015 09:07:44 PM

Share Kohl's's store rating

Kohl's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Kohl's is not a merchant member
Kohl's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!