Stores > Kohl's

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.06/10 4.06/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.83/10 5.83/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 4.00/10 4.00/10

"Had to return a Keurig which stopped brewing. Had no receipt, no box, but purchased at Kohls. They gladly replaced it for us. Best CS we've ever received. Love Kohls. Loyal customers forevet!"

Corporate Office
Address: N56 W17000 Ridgewood Dr, Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
Phone:(262) 703-7000
1 Google review

I bought a Sketchers pair box-priced @ $75, on sale for $69 but within 6 mos of wear, the sole came unglued from the shoe. I did not have my receipt, however, the Kohl's receipts boast, "HASSLE-FREE RETURNS, ANYTIME, ANY REASON... "no receipt, no problem..." - "we can look up your purchase and give you a full refund, or even exchange."

I returned my defective shoe, was denied an even exchange with the statement, "this shoe is in back-stock and no longer offered..." thus, no even price exchange, only an in-store credit. In fact, I was offered less than 1% of the box-priced $75 - I was offered $6 in-store credit with the statement: "you are given the lowest sale price of the shoes when you return without a receipt and an even exchange is not possible." I asked Kohl's "when did you sell this shoe @ $6 and where?" Kohl's did not extend the courtesy of a reply. Kohl's previously said "our system" fixes the pricing for an in-store credit [$6]; mind boggling, as if some rogue computer or artificial intelligence in the "system" took over any common sense practiced by Kohl's - the policy is set by the person who programmed the "system" - which, cheats the customer of a refund and is contrary to a fair and open disclosure announced in the return policy - "hassle-free"? Only if you're will to get less than one percent 1% of what you paid.

Kohl's has had an opportunity to reply to me but has declined any reply or answers.

Kohl's unwritten "system" policy & practice cheats the customer

This review was modified by dpcltd on September 28 2015 04:23:25 AM

"I LOVE Kohl's! I know my sizes and brands so it is easy for me to shop from home with my Kohl's card. I also understand the return policies of using Kohl's cash (non-refundable) and discounts (if there is a dollar amount you must achieve before the discount applies, it will be removed from all the purchases it that group and you will get what you paid for the item). I shop accordingly and have rarely returned any items. I often find the designer jeans I like for $4 to $10 in multiple colors, when they would be at least $29 dollars elsewhere!"

"Kohl's cash is not worth a thing if you return any merchandise. I bought a pair of shoes. I used kohls cash about $10 worth It brought the price down to $24. I had problems with them they were making me trip because of the soles. I tried to return them and somehow they were only going to give me $5 for them. I ask why. They said the kohls cash was none refundable and a coupon they gave to me. Wrong I had to spend $50 to get it. They would not even come close to even giving some kind of gift card or another kohls cash. They had sold me faulty shoes and they profitted. They do not care about their customers at ALL. To bad I won't shop there anymore. I am done with their gimmicks. Payer be ware!"

"This year I opted to do my back to school shopping online, Back to school shopping is usually a hastle and with work and various other activities I just didn't see myself having enough time to get to it, so I decided to order the bulk of my family's back to school clothes online ( I Know Bad Idea). First I ordered from JCPenny and was pleased to see all of my clothes arrive within the next week in ONE LARGE PACKAGE, happy at how things were going so far I decided to supplement this purchase with some more clothes from Kohl's, Worst Decision Ever. At Kohls prices seemed reasonable and the reward program seemed interesting( a total scam that I do not want to get into right now), so I purchased around 15 from the website. About a week after I made the purchase I got an email notifying my order had arrived. I was surprised because I hadn't gotten any other notification but pleased until I found it haphazardly packed and squished into my mailbox, not all 15 items but one. I I logged onto the Kohl's website
(which kept logging me out every time I tried to get to purchases) and found that the remaining order hadn't even been processed yet. A week wait for a delivery isn't terrible but to wait a week and not even have the order processed? if Kohl's had notified me the clothes weren't in stock I would have gone into the store or ordered something else but now i have a dozen new shirts and pants caught in Kohl's no mans land with no end in sight, customer service is useless and the fact that ill be getting the remainder of my clothes will maybe be shipped individually to me whenever Kohl's decides to get its head out of its own ass is infuriating.

This review was modified by Iatt on August 19 2015 11:52:52 PM

"Dear Beverly,
I see that this package has been delivered to the shipping address you entered when you placed your order on Kohls.com. In cases like these, we are unable to issue a pickup. I would suggest you contact the current resident to see if they have the package for you to pick up.
Mary Rose R.
Kohl?s DC3 Associate
My response:
In cases like these where I made every attempt to correct this as soon as I saw the problem:
Website crashing and did not see wrong shipping address even though it had been changed everywhere else and I have a card issued in the new name.
Never got the confirmation email to have a chance to catch it at that point.
Called as soon as I saw it in the order information on the website. Spent hours on the phone talking to 4 people the first day.
Called the post office in old location to have them catch it.
Got tracking and discovered it was OnTrac. Called them and was told they could re-rout it if Kohl's approved.
Called Kohl's and was told you would NOT do that.
Waited for package to be delivered and called to see next step.
Since this seems to be the next step, my next step will be to decline to pay for this shipment when my bill comes.
This is totally unacceptable.

This review was modified by BevOver on July 26 2015 11:27:33 AM

"First time shopper at Kohl's and I'm not impressed. Ordered batteries online because they were on sale, but when they arrived.. man, talk about lazy packaging! They placed a thin cardboard box inside of a waterproof envelope/bag holding 7 pounds of batteries. Box was smashed, bag was torn, and it looked like the batteries were just carelessly tossed in- nothing to keep them from rolling around the empty space that took up 75% of the box! They were falling out of their own packaging. This is just downright pitiful."

"love Kohls...everything is always fast and as ordered"

"I'm very disappointed in how Khol's website is like shopping from a completely different retailer. They don't have the same items, they have different prices, the stores won't honor the online price, not to mention the website itself is not a very good user experience. I tried to log into my account, and after the second try with the wrong password, it locked my account and gave me a number to call to to resolve the issue. When I called the number, I went through a series of automated menus, only to get to a recording that said I needed to go online and click reset my password... well when I was online, while you blocked my log in, that would have been a great place to let me know what to do, instead of telling me to call a phone #.... really. I'm returning my last purchase and taking my business elsewhere... anywhere but Khol's."

This review was modified by experincedesigner on May 02 2015 10:23:00 PM

"Worst than losing a puppy is returning something from Kohls.com to the retail store. Kohls.com did not provide a receipt or shipping invoice in the package, so good luck trying to return your items in the store. Despite having the Oder Confirmation printed with the Order Number and Total payment, the Order Confirmation is NOT a receipt! the best they can do is give you a refund in store credit FOR LESS than what you actually paid for it. I lost money on the items I purchased on top of losing money on shipping charges. Why must the customer be penalized for mistakes made by Kohl's?"

This review was modified by meGrimlock on April 27 2015 09:16:26 PM

"You have lost a customer for good! On line i orderd a ring on clearance for 1$ usually 1000$ but all was prosessed and wint thru! Today u tell my order is canceled and wont fix it!!! Just offer 15$ off thats not fixing that buying something false advertising! Git people in to buy something! You ruined my BIRTH DAY GIFT!!! WE have ben searching 3 years for a ring like that for engagement now i fond it for b day AND ITS TAKEN AWAY! THANK U SO MUCH your customers service dont care! Robots to say something shut me up .please dont b fooled by khols thy are as bad as walmart! "

This review was modified by marajade on April 13 2015 03:07:01 PM

"My table and chair set that I ordered NEVER showed up and everytime I call customer service I get the run around and NOTHING happens. Your customer service is a joke and if you look into my account I make many purchases and so does my family. Thousands of dollars spent with this company and now I WILL NEVER NEVER purchase anything from you again. I would rather pay double than deal with your supposed customer service department. Today is 4/9/15 and I still do not have a refund and with every call I am told its another 7-10 days to process. How long do you want to hold on to my money? Can you finally do the right thing and refund my money and lose all my information. Rating =0 not even a 1."

This review was modified by michgirl on April 09 2015 12:53:02 PM

weep4me2's Avatar

Bridgeton, NJ

"Everything went smoothly with my order, start to finish."

"I went to Kohl's store in Murfreesboro, TN to buy some Haynes tee shirts. I walked around in the store looking for tee shirts and I noticed that prices were not posted on most items. I finally asked a sales person for the Haynes tee shirts.
She led me to them and she mentioned that there were 7 in a pack for the price of 6 and that if I bought two packages the second package was 1/2 off. I picked up two packages even though the price was not marked anywhere and looked for a bathroom scales. The sales lady helped me find the scales and I thought the price was extremely high at $58.00. She had to use her scanner to get the price of the scales. I did not get the scales but I did inquire about the price of a package of 7 Haynes tee shirts. Again the sales lady had to use her scanner and when she said they were $38.00 for the first pack and 1/2 price for the second pack I was shocked. I returned the tee shirts to the shelf. I went to Wal-Mart where I prefer not to shop and I bought the exact package of 7 Haynes XL tee shirts for under $15.00 and I also bought the exact same bathroom scales for under $25. I expected to pay more at Kohl's than Wal-Mart but Kohl's prices were nothing but a rip off.

This review was modified by BaronVonRymer on February 10 2015 08:23:02 AM

"prices are decent. quality is low, but got what I expected."

This review was modified by hubedo on January 15 2015 11:34:12 AM

Share Kohl's's store rating

Kohl's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Kohl's is not a merchant member
Kohl's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!