Stores > Kohl's
  • Kohl's

Product & services pricing Rating 1.00/10 1.00/10
Voice your opinion! Review Kohl's by clicking a star below.
2017-03-17

Horrible kohls.com

"Kohls.com has no concept of how to properly do online mail order. I have had nothing but negative experiences with them recently on several orders, two quite large.

Two items in my order were not shipped. The enclosed invoices in two of the partial orders—the 20 items were shipped in 6-8 separate mailings for some reason (suggesting to me that perhaps they ship from their multiple stores around the country, not a central warehouse)—showed bills for two items I had not ordered and in fact did not receive.

On the latter, when I called, at least kohls.com confirmed I was only billed the full amount for what I ordered, not for what the enclosed invoices showed, items that were not shipped. Why on earth does Kohl’s do that in the first place? They really need to clean up their shipping invoices.

However—and more importantly—I did not receive two items I DID order and WAS charged $50+ for.

I called kohls.com and asked them to ship the two missing items. They said they could issue me in-store credit (I live several hours from the nearest store) or if I wanted the missing items shipped, I would have to pay for them (I already had paid for them!) and pay the $8.95 shipping. That is beyond bizarre—I already paid for them but to receive them I have to pay for them twice? That obviously makes no sense and surely is illegal as well, so I asked to talk to a supervisor who told me the same thing.

I tried contacting support online and also got the same ridiculous responses.

Meantime, I received a mailed “thank you” card signed, supposedly, by the president and CEO of Kohls, K. Mandell, saying “Customers like you are the reason we work so hard to deliver the great shopping experience, products and value that you deserve.”

HUH? What “great shopping experience… that [I] deserve”? Ripping me off on two items, expecting me to pay for them twice?

I sent Mr. Mandell an email. The same day I got a reply from Joni, identified as “ACE Sr. Executive Correspondence Advisor, Office of the President.” After several rounds of email and phone tag with her, she again asked for my name, email address, and phone #—all three of which I had given her earlier—and said she’d process a refund for me.

She too claimed she cannot have the items shipped to me—the items I have been billed for! I replied to her that she certainly can. She can place the order herself, charge it to the CEO’s credit card if need be, and send me the missing $50 items. I have not had a response from her on that yet.

Of course any company that understands mail order would have instantly sent me the two missing items with an apology. Not Kohl’s, however.

Well, at this point Joni has refunded a whopping $12+ to my credit card and given me $15+ in ridiculous Kohl’s Cash—when I had paid by credit card for more than the $50+ owed to me for the missing items. So $27 out of the $50—shorting me still $23 if one includes the Kohl’s Cash, shorting me $38 if I exclude that (which of course can only be used on their products and only for a very limited time period, and if I can’t get to the distant closest store, I have to pay more than half of that amount again for shipping—another $8.95).

That obviously is not acceptable. I have not heard back from her after I told her again to send me the missing items, but I believe she’s been out of the office for a couple days. I’ll update this review IF anything improves with kohls.com, but with the horrible experience so far even from the Office of the President, I am not holding my breath.

In my experience, kohls.com is a total disaster, including up to the top of the organization. I will be avoiding them and warn others to be prepared if you try doing business with them.

Update:
Besides other very questionable (at best) practices, Kohl's apparently prices items very arbitrarily, trying to see if they can lure in gullible consumers, perhaps. Specifically, I ordered a $12.60 set of earrings, on sale from a regular price (they claimed) of $15.75. And a $27 ring on sale from a regular price of $35. Neither item was shipped to me although my credit card was charged the entire amount. I called customer report, talked to several supervisors there, and even contacted the Office of the President. All said they could not refund the cash I paid (just give me most of the refund in their Kohl's Cash which is worthless to me, several hours from any of their stores and their minimum shipping charge is $8.95). They said I had to reorder the items. I went online and found the "regular priced" $15.75 earrings are now listed as $45 and the "regular priced" $35 ring shows as $100! Almost a four-fold increase from the sale price to the current price, and roughly a three-fold increase from the supposed very recent "regular price" to the "regular price" this week. Something doesn't smell right. Are Kohl's business practices legal? I certainly don't find them ethical.

This review was modified by beedeec on March 17 2017 10:30:01 AM

2017-02-27

Horrible Experience Trying to Review with a Receipt

"I purchased four bras at Kohl's last Thursday. Tried them on at home and on Saturday went back with my receipt to return three of the bras. The customer service person indicated that one of the bras was not on the receipt and refused to refund the money for that bra. I told her that I had just purchased them on Thursday and had the receipt and Kohl's tags on the bras. I asked her if there was an error and perhaps one of the bras had been entered twice since two of the bras were similar except for size. She said there was no mistake and told me to go away. I reviewed the bar codes on the receipt, found that one bra had indeed been entered twice and asked for a manager. The manager came, backed her employee and then finally had to admit there was an error on the receipt. The first employee started to curse me. The manager did refund my money and when I told her she had lost a customer she responded "We don't care"

Never going back to Kohl's again

This review was modified by mrcidaho74 on February 27 2017 08:15:01 AM

2017-01-27

They lost my 1000 dollar payment

"I paid my bill by check. 1000 bucks. They lost the check. And didn't even apologize. They were rude and questioned me insisting I sent the check to the wrong store or that I had another account. I had a copy of my bank statement that proved they cashed my check!! I will never shop here again. "

This review was modified by Stazey771 on January 27 2017 06:30:02 AM

2016-12-12

stepping on a sensor needle while shopping at kohls

"My name is Naomi Mays-Matthews, I am writing this letter due to my experience I’m receiving from Kohl’s. On December 04, 2016 I walked into kohl’s, Mind you the day before, I had just spent $186.00 in the store. I walked into THE establishment with my seven year old son. As I’m walking through the aisles of the Nike department to pick out my little brother a sweater I immediately felt an excruciating pain. That is when I screamed and looked down to see where the pain was coming from and it was my right foot. At the time I had on house shoes but they could pass as shoes due to the way it looked with no socks. The pain grew so I lifted my foot up and notice a red circle stuck to my shoe. I then pulled the red circle out and let out another scream. This is when I notice it was a nail that went straight through my foot. I advise the lady standing next to me to watch her child as its nails laying face up on the floors. I then limped to the checkout desk. I asked your associate what is this and she advised me this was their sensor that they stick on the clothes. I asked her why is it laying out on the aisle face up, she advised an associate had to drop it and didn’t notice. Then she asked me was that me screaming, I advised yes. Still to this day I’m wondering if they heard me scream why they would not come see what wrong to help. Then I stated I was bleeding and I stepped on that face needle sticking straight up. The needle went through my shoe into my foot. She called for green oaks I’m assuming this is code for manager. A lady then came and I advised to her what had happened, she never said she was sorry all she stated was wow. She then went and got band aids and alcohol wipes. I whipped the blood up and bandage my foot and she gave me an incident report to fill out. No one helped me carry my bags no one offered to walk with me nothing. The customer service I received was un believable. Checking my thing out my total was around $250.00, no one offered any kind of discount it was like this never happened, Your associates failed to keep the environment clean and safe for their customers. I’m baffled from the lack of empathy from their associates. This was negligence on kohl’s behalf. It was your sensor lying in the isle needle face up where your customers are walking and shopping. The area was not clean or safe my son could have fell on the sensor. I went to the ER to seek medical attention, I received a TB shot, pain meds and anti-biotic. My claims rep JILL from corporate stated she was sorry. I advised her kohl’s needs to pay the medical bill , She stated that they will take care of the bill once I receive IT , then I send her the bill and Jill (my examiner) proceeds to ask me “do you think you could apply for some assistance to get the bill lowered NO! In my head I’m thinking this has to be a joke, so she ask for my medical recorders I gave her that then she then offers me a $50 kohl’s gift card and she wants to speak to the hospital on possibly lowering the bill, meaning they might not pay it all, or in time so it would not affect my credit negatively. Even though I have emails saying they would. This place is a joke and their all about money not safety of their customers! They don’t keep their establishment clean nor do they care that you are stuck with a dirty needle that was made there! I cancelled my credit card and hired an attorney.
SO BE AWARE IF YOU CATCH AN INFECTION FROM KOHLS FROM STEPPING ON THEIR PRODUCTS THEY DO NOT CARE!! I WROTE THE PRESIDENT AND HE READ IT AND DIDN’T EVEN RESPOND, my claims representative (jill) told me he read it but I have yet to hear from him. So I’ll be perusing this further. I’m spreading the word to all my family my blog family an FB and Instagram friends DO NOT SHOP AT KOHLS IF YOU WANT TO STAY IN GOOD HEALTH AND STRESS FREE. One day of shopping there can cause you months of legal pain so BE AWARE

This review was modified by nmays373 on December 12 2016 07:43:08 PM

2016-12-06

Kohls customer service - a sadists dream

"Like Charlie Brown falling for the football trust game with Lucy, I returned to Kohls.com after a two year hiatus. A cash off coupon was sent to my home enticing me to return their sadistic online ordering process. I found no improvement. The site was slow and it took one hour to shop for three items and load my cart. When I attempted to check out the coupon wouldn't work and after 45 minutes on hold a CSR answered and told me there was nothing he could do but if I tried to use it tomorrow it would probably work. I explained I needed to use it that day in order to take advantage of the sale prices that expired that night. Once again he stated he could not help me. I asked if a manager was onsite and after huffing "yes" was placed on hold again. After 20 more minutes of lost life time, I hung up. HORRIBLE! I immediately went to Amazon and while the order cost a few dollars more, I placed it with one click after 3 minutes of shopping. You get what you pay for and "abused" is what you get with Kohls.com. "

This review was modified by powjack on December 06 2016 06:45:29 AM

2016-12-05

NEVER EVER ORDER FROM KOHLS.COM!!

"Out of three orders I'd placed over the past couple of years, they've royally screwed up two of them. They outsource their customer service to useless imbeciles whose only recourse is to tell you to drive to a store for help or returns.

They apparently ran out of stock and discontinued the item in my most recent order. Instead of cancelling the order, they threw some random toy into the box.

Another time, I ordered an item for in store pickup using $20 in Kohl's cash. An hour later I get a phone call saying they don't actually have it at the store, and my Kohl's cash is lost for good.

I HATE THIS STORE!!!!

2016-12-03

Horrible shopping experiences in Kohls for three orders.

"This is my first time shopping in Kohls online. I placed the first order on Nov 24 for Balck Friday deals, a TV of $249, today is Dec 3, Kohls doesnt even know where the TV is, customer service asked me to wait 21 days until Dec 13, and if it still doesnt arrive then contact them again! Another "supervisor" is even more "awesome", she suggests I can cancel the order and place another TV worth $699 with 15% discount! The worst thing is they blame UPS, but "Label Created" status means UPS has not physically received the package yet. Kohls just lies and doesnt even know how to find my TV, and doesnt want to take the responsibility. I'll see when my TV can arrive.

The second order is Playstation 4, bought and paid on Nov 24, also for Black Friday deals, and on 26th I was told the order was cancelled because the item was out of stock. Then why do you sell it online? Don't you have an inventory management system? On 26th Black Friday is already over, where should I go to buy? I chose Kohls on Black Friday instead of Walmart and now I am so regretful. Besides, today is Dec 3 I still dont get refund yet.

The third order is five items, I paid $183 using both Kohls cash and my credit card. Then one of the items was again cancelled due to out of stock, which is worth $59. Then I was only refunded with $26 to Kohls cash for next purchase! How convenient!

This is my first time shopping at Kohls and this is the first impression, so disappointed. Yes they have discount and cash back, yes their representatives are polite, but that won't change the fact they treat you like idiots and don't care about your reviews about Kohls. They just dont solve the problems caused by their own faults.

Actually for Black Friday I also bought online in Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, Clinique, Puritan and I have received all already and nothing was cancelled. Kohls, so disappointed.

2016-10-19

They don't want to give my money back!!!

"Will Never shop at Kohl's!! Placed an order on 7/19 and got cancelled on the same day. They said I would get the refund within two days. However, FOUR MONTHS passed and I have not received the refund!!! Every time I called them, they just let me wait. But they just wanted me to wait forever and never give my money back!! Bad business!!!"

2016-10-05

Watch Out!!

"I recently purchased some items online, and noticed that somehow I updated my billing address but not my shipping address (don't you normally just check a box?). I realized it when I received the email saying my purchase was being shipped. I called Kohls immediately and I was told that there was nothing they could do. I had to call UPS. I called UPS and I was told that they had not received my package?? I had to wait another day to call UPS, and when I spoke with a UPS representative they asked me if I had contacted the shipper to see if they could have the package re-routed. HA!! Needless to say there was nothing I could do with UPS unless I wanted to pay extra money (no Kohls rep, I can't pick it up at the UPS store). I'll just wait for the post office to re-route it since I have a change of address on file. Oh, and I will NEVER purchase from Kohls again. I have been going there for years, as a matter of fact, one of my favorite stores, but that is going to change."

This review was modified by asdfjsdlfkj on October 05 2016 09:40:45 AM

2016-09-09

I love Kohl's!

"Such a huge selection of clothing and apparel with great affordable prices. I love the coupons."

2016-08-31

Worst credit card service ever

"Since 2015 I have month after month set up an automatic payments. And month after month it disappears. Month after month I call and mo the after month no one seems to have a freaking clue. Over and over I hear it takes a month to go thru....you think I don't know this after 15 months of trying to set it up and just to have not disappear. What does it take with Kohl's to get 1 automatic payment set up for reoccurring payments. Just called again ask for manager she tells me AGAIN and AGAIN it's only showing I set it up last month and takes a month to go thru YOU THINK!!!!I told her over and OVER this is the problem it doesn't show up that it's ever been set up. All this for a 27.00 payment GEEZ someone in IT get a freaking clue already. I travel so if you want your payment then you call me, and don't put someone oin the phone that doesn't speak English. I'm done with you!!!! Sad partni love the stores and merchandise but your losing a long time customer!!! No invoice number just had to list for review"

This review was modified by Lzarboni on August 31 2016 01:36:40 PM

2016-07-30

Kohl's will cancel your online order if you buy sales item.

"Buyers beware, sales item are fake. I have been canceled three times via online orders. They have no plan to sell you anything at a discount. The customer service at Kohl will give you false excuses like I didn't get you bank account number or we didn't get enough information to process your order. Fact is this isn't my first purchase online, I know when I have been screwed. Don't waste your time, buy from somewhere else. "

This review was modified by jh19811215 on July 30 2016 06:13:37 PM

2016-06-26

Worst customer service ever at GolfMill store

"Today we had the most horrible shopping experience over at Niles Kohl's store. While my wife went to look at women's clothing, me and my 4 and a half year old son were looking at stuff over at home appliances section. My son picked up one of the vacuum cleaners and started moving it around pretending he is vacuuming. An older sales associate lady approached him and in a very loud, threatening and rude voice asked my son: "Are you buying this? Put this back!!" My son was scared. He started crying and exclaiming: "Why is she screaming at me. I'm afraid!” My wife came over and asked what the matter was? I explained the situation and my wife wanted to talk to that employee. When my wife asked her why she could not just ask our son politely to put it down, like: "Excuse me, this should not played with. Can you put it back please?" the older lady in a very confrontational voice, stated that my son should not have been playing with vacuum cleaner. Since we could not get an apology from this lady we wanted to report her to her superior. I have asked this older sales associate for her name and she said: “What you want report me? That’s fine. I’ll go do it myself.” However she wouldn’t move an inch nor give us her name. We went to customer service and asked for a manager. A young lady, who stated that she was a supervisor listed to what we had to say and came with us looking for that older lady. We found her by bath accessories. As soon as we started taking another lady came over stating she is a manager and relieving younger supervisor lady, stating: “I’ll handle this.” We and older lady both stated our case the same way we both had before. A manager, whose name I failed to asked also stated that vacuum cleaner is not a toy. We once again stated that her stopping my son from playing with it was not an issue, but rudeness and lack of customer respect was. The manager in somewhat annoyed voice stated that she will discuss this issue with an older associate. At no time an apology was issued to my family. My wife was furious. She said that she will never buy from a store with this kind of customer service. To which a manager stated: “Oh, that’s fine.” Again no issuing any apology for her employee’s rudeness. At this economy and day and age of internet sales brick and mortar stores should be doing everything they can to keep their customer base and not to try to drive them away. Niles Kohl’s store is doing exactly opposite. This troubling experience will keep us from buying at Kohl’s stores again, even though Kohl’s used to be one of my wife’s favorites."

2016-01-07

"I am a grandmother of 10 and, due to complications from MS, a person who invests a lot of time, energy and emotion carefully shopping for, choosing, and purchasing items online. This year I ordered several holiday items from Kohl's exciting holiday clearance sale. I ordered Dec 2 to give time for shipping. Shipments that did arrive, we're packaged inadequately, and arrived with broken glass and ceramics... I called to be told for most items replacements no longer available. Other items purchased in the same order were changed to fewer quantity available but not yet shipped, ending up none of those items shipping out at all due to now determined not available. Poor inventory control to say the keast. Kohl's sent 13 large candles loosely packaged in one large box. Cut myself taking broken item out of box. Called C/S and was given Corp office number to call. That is a futile endeavor to reach anyone that way. There is nobody to answer these calls..just a voice mail to leave messages; after more than a week not receiving return call from my messages, I sent an email which prompted a call to me two days later. This Corporate Representative referred back to a call several years earlier when I had called to complain about an item purchased that had the wrong dimensions in their description information. Surely, she had concluded and then insinuated to me that I was just a disgruntled customer. I experienced no sense of empathy, understanding, or consideration for my disastrous shipment of this special holiday order. I felt my purchase as a loss and had received physical injury. It was distressing and disappointing, given that I have purchased thousands of dollars of merchandise from Kohls over the years. I am so disappointed and shocked by the poor customer service. I can only shake my head now with disbelief."

This review was modified by olliedays on January 07 2016 11:01:32 AM

2015-12-12

"I am beyond pissed at kohls right now. I ordered a Christmas present in the middle of November - before Thanksgiving! Two weeks go by and shipping status was STILL at label created but not shipped. I called customer service and was on the phone for over an hour with nothing getting resolved, other than them coming to the conclusion that they lost my order - by that time my lunch break was over so I had to make a second call after work. Another hour with customer service - now a total of 2 hours! - and they hung up on me before anything got resolved. By the third phone call I was irate and the gentleman I spoke with finally did what I was asking which is to reorder/re ship my items. Lo and behold over a week later I get an email saying another shipping label has been created, only to get an email immediately after saying my item is out of stock. They need to get their shit together and I should absolutely not be put in this position less than 2 weeks before Christmas when I ordered this a month ago!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS a loyal kohls customer but after this I am paying off my kohls charge and closing my account. Would rate half star if it allowed me "

Share Kohl's's store rating

Kohl's is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Kohl's is not a merchant member
Kohl's does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!