Stores > Knife Country, USA

Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.50/10 4.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.50/10 6.50/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.63/10 5.63/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.25/10 6.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review Knife Country, USA by clicking a star below.
2017-08-31

Poorly handled lies

"I ordered a knife from Knife Country USA, and five days after it was marked as shipped, I was informed that it was on back order. They offered to let me wait, cancel the order, or exchange for another item. I found another knife that I liked but noticed a review stating the handle color was different than what was shown. I asked specifically about the color and was told I would receive the knife pictured. I did not. I contacted the seller about the problem and asked if they had another one that was the color I wanted (the one shown on the product page) at which point I was informed they only had it in the color I received. When I told them how unhappy I was about being lied to, the only response was “Return it for a refund”. I really wish they had just been honest with me to begin with so I wouldn’t have wasted my time waiting for a knife they could not sell me, and I would not have had to go through the hassle of returning the item to get a refund. I never would have ordered the knife if I knew it would be different than the picture shown. They still have not changed the picture. Dishonest seller. Bad customer service. Will avoid in the future.

2017-08-18

Don't bother with this company

"Placed an order for two small knife sheath clips which were in stock. Waited 8 days and the tracking did not move. I called the company and spoke to a male who said it took 3 days to pull the order and by the time he did it was too late to put in the mail. Told me it was going in the mail the same day. Here I am now 5 days later called them got voice mail. Now writing this and still nothing? Worst customer service ever. Michigan is a 2 day USPS run from me. Insane, Buyer Beware."

2017-08-16

Slow service

"I ordered a pocket knife for an anniversary gift and allowed plenty of time to get it- even paid extra for Priority Mail. Tracking didn't do any good because the post office received the notification several days before the package was actually received for shipping. I also paid extra for it to be in a gift box which it wasn't. I wrote to the company but they never even acknowledged me. The shipping envelope didn't even have a Knife Country USA label on it-- it said it was from someone named Josh. I won't order from them again. "

2017-07-23

Nice camping gear!

"Purchased some camping gear through the Knife Country USA website. It came fast, just in time for my next camping trip! Great selection of gear and knives on the website. "

2017-07-14

Easy and fast. Couldn't be happier.

"I didn't quite know what I wanted, so I called to place an order. Rep was very helpful, helped me pick out a nice Kershaw knife. Received my knife a few days later. Quick and simple. I like it."

2017-03-12

KnifeCountryUSA Accused Me of Being a Thief, a Liar, and a Flashlight Abuser

"I ordered a Nitecore Defender SRT3 flashlight from KnifeCountryUSA. From the first time I used it, it flickered at higher brightness levels. I put another battery in it and it seemed to work. The next day it began flickering again. I kept it a few days to be sure it was a consistent problem and, since it kept flickering, decided to return it. After KnifeCountryUSA received my return, they called and left a message accusing me of switching the flashlight they sent with another one with “large signs of wear and abuse.” They claimed they knew this because the unit I returned did not have the same serial number as the one they sent me. As I have never owned a SRT3, I emailed and assured them it was the same flashlight I received. I asked them to tell me what serial number they had on record so I could compare it to that of the flashlight. They offered to send me photographs of the “wear and abuse,” so I asked for that, also. They responded that the flashlight was already in the mail to me. I asked again for the serial number, but there was no response.

When I received the flashlight, I inspected it for “large signs of wear and abuse.” Some of the anodized coating was worn off a corner while it was in my pocket. This is not “abuse,” it's use. What difference does it make anyway; do they plan to sell it to someone else?

In the owner's manual for the flashlight, Nitecore says: “Any DOA / defective product can be exchanged for a replacement through a local distributor/dealer within the 15 days of purchase.” I tried to return my defective flashlight to KnifeCountryUSA and was accused of being a thief, a liar, and a flashlight abuser. My request for photographs and a serial number was ignored. It's a mystery why KnifeCountryUSA is so stubborn about this. Wouldn't they simply send the flashlight back to Nitecore for a refund of the wholesale price? If not, is it worth it to lose a customer and anyone that customer talks to about KnifeCountryUSA? At any rate, I bought from KnifeCountryUSA to save less than $5 over the price of the same flashlight from another Amazon vendor. Now I'm out almost $70 for a flashlight that is defective.

2016-07-06

Worst Service Ever

"I should have read the reviews first..... I placed a simple order for a pocket knife that they advertised as being in stock. I paid for First Class Priority as it was to be a present. That was in June.... It is now July 6 and I am still waiting. The order is marked as completed, money was taken from my account, and pre-shipment information as been sent to USPS but they have never received the package.

I have received orders from China faster.

There appears to be no way to contact Customer Service.... You can not get a person. The best you can do is leave a voice mail but they do not call you back. I sent an email and there is still no response. I would cancel my order but I can not reach anyone. Nor, can I deal with them through my credit card as they went through PayPal to get my money.

I will never deal with the company again..... Nor would I suggest anyone else does.

I hope I don't have to sue them to get my money back.

2016-06-17

Customer Service Non Existant

" I called hoping to get an item shipped a little quicker because I was under a deadline. Josh, the customer service agent told me that they were a small mom-and-pop organization and because of that he would not be able to ship my item until next Wednesday ( I made the call today on Friday.)
I am totally confused… Being a small business All he had to do was get the item out of the box, put it in a box with my name on it and mail it to me so I could get it on time. He said that was impossible to do.
I have a small business and I promise you if someone calls me with a need like that I will bust my **** to get it out to them small or large order. I do not know what they are thinking in tneir business model but they will never get any business from me I promise you and you should really think it over before you order anything. I did notice on Amazon if I wanted speedy service which means next Wednesday or six days from now I could pay them $17 extra if I wanted to but I don't want to so good luck with the business!

2016-04-26

Poor customer service

"Very poor customer service"

2016-04-18

Watch your shipping charges!!!!

"Ordered 2 knives from these guys on the 12 April at 5:03.36 PM. One of the knives was for a special military friend and I had a time schedule to get it to him. I ordered it USPS EXPRESS/ Next day and paid the $29.95 to get it the next day. Being that it was ordered after 5PM on Tuesday I knew it would not be processed till Wednesday so I should get it on Thursday. Didn't happen. I called and spoke with an older women who proceeded to argue that Express mail was not next day mail. I informed her I own a business and ship and orders all the time and Express mail is if fact "Overnight Delivery Guarantee" per the USPS themselves. She placed me on hold and after a minute or so came back a told me that they could discount my shipping. I ask her when would my order be delivered. She told me Monday. I told her forget it I would ship the order back and cancel my order to which she, in a care less tone said OK! Today (4 days later) a tracking number showed up on my order details on their sight that said,
" April 14, 2016
"Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on April 14, 2016 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if/when available".
Curious as to if my order was shipped, I called again this time I reach Josh the owner and explained the situation and the USPS info. I told him I own a business and shipped all the time and Express is next day mail to which I was informed he owned a business to. I let it go and told him there was another knife I was interested in but I wanted to get the shipping straighten out first. Josh told me they do not ship next day (but they charge for it) and orders take 3 days to process in house. (though they list them as in stock) I told him I would do business with someone else.
Beware of the shipping and the process times. Click on the shipping banner at the top of their site that states orders over $89.00 ships free. Mine was twice that. I was told by Josh mine was sent 1st class. Also here you will find listed EXPRESS 1-2 days. Express flat rate is 22.95 on the USPS site. I just did a dry run on another order today Monday 18 April 2016. USPS EXPRESS is still on their site as a option for shipping but now it's $39.70
This clearly is a mom and pop "middleman" operation. Listen to Josh's message on their answering service It takes 3 day to call the manufacture and direct ship to the customer.
I will be following up with USPS on the shipping issue since it is still listed in there ordering process as USPS EXPRESS $38.70.

2016-03-10

Took near a month to finally get order

"Made my order and had to "process" for over a week. After this said it was shipped. Well 2 weeks go by, way past the advertised delivery date, and I send many emails to inquire about the status of my order. I got no response, I was very close to filling a dispute claim with my bank over the payment. They finally got in contact with me and said they would attempt to locate my package. Anther week goes by of silence, and I finally get a response saying they are now sending it and sorry for the delay. Whole process took quite some time. Very dissatisfied with how long it took to sort this issue out. "

2015-11-25

"Moderate to poor quality of goods received (after a long long wait), but in accordance to their price. My order came in a plastic bag- one of my leather sheaths was smashed. Not using bubble wrap or paper box is probably in line with their service. Very very poor customer service though-took days and formal request to get a reply to my emails concerning the huge delay in order arrival. And when got the reply (because of the formal request by PayPal), it was a prewritten typical email-just to get over with. I don't think they care much for their customers. Definately will not shop again."

2015-11-24

"Ordered a small knife on 11/10/2015, I paid $6.10 for first class shipping. It was shipped on 11/12/2015. the knife arrived on 11/24/2015. To add insult to injury, it came with a coupon that stated that it could be used on an order placed 10 days after 11/12/2015. (11/22/2015) a little late. A small Priority flat rate box, which will hold the knife which I ordered would have cost $5.95 and arrive in 4 days, and the shipping materials are free from the USPS. No one asked me to write this review."

2015-08-18

"Quick, efficient, and accurate! Great values!"

2015-07-25

"Had a great experience with Knife Country USA. Needed a bundle of American-Made Kershaw's as a gift for all of my groomsmen in my wedding. Signed into Knife country, found all the top selections, ordered 14 of the knives for nearly half the cost of anywhere else. Had the order delivered--everything correct and in place--in less than a week. Read some varied reviews, but my experience was fantastic. Will definitely shop here again. Will definitely tell my friends. "

Share Knife Country, USA's store rating

Knife Country, USA is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Knife Country, USA is not a merchant member
Knife Country, USA does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!