Stores > Knetbooks.com

• Address: Lexington, Kentucky
    • Contact: eservice@knetbooks.com
    • Phone: Customer Service: 1-866-8
    • Customer Support: 1-866-870-9186
    • Business Hours: Ordering through www.Knetbooks.com is available 24/7. Customer Service by telephone: Monday through

Product & services pricing Rating 3.83/10 3.83/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.97/10 2.97/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.17/10 3.17/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

2016-06-27

A truly incompetent and rude company

"The customer service of knetbooks is very rude and completely unhelpful. They've given me a massive late fee, even though I returned the book weeks prior to the due date.

Keep your wallet safe, don't rent or buy from these bastards.

This review was modified by twistedmetalll on June 27 2016 03:53:25 PM

2016-06-23

KnetBooks

"My book came in in good shape. The book store had it for 100 and i got mine off Knet for only 14.00
the book is called essentials of understanding psycology 11e
I only needed the book for about a month but they gave me a full 2 months to use it, so returning it on time was easy.

Rep reply posted Jun-26-2016

“Good morning,

Thanks for the love! I am glad to hear that you had a positive experience. I have sent an email to the address on file with a little gift to use on your future order.

Knetbooks.com

2016-06-22

great

"The process was quick and easy. "

Rep reply posted Jun-22-2016

2016-06-20

Easy

"Although the wait for my books was a little long because it had a ride Friday in the morning at the post office but it was still not deliver until Monday other than that it is fairly easy and affordable"

Rep reply posted Jun-22-2016

“Good afternon,

2016-06-01

Crooks

"Wow, I have the same problem that so many other ppl have with this company. I received this book used and wrinkled. I was okay with that because it was a used book. I return the book only for them to tell me, it was water damaged, they could not accept it and i would be charged the full price for the book. Unbelievable this is an obvious pattern with this company. Do not trust them, I know they are the cheapest company around, but they are for a reason and you will get scammed by them in the end. All I can advice is if you receive an order in any condition and even a wrinkled page, take a picture and report it to them within 30 days of your order. Do not give them any excuse. "

Rep reply posted Jun-02-2016

“Good morning,

I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience. I have sent an email to the address on file with an update regarding your order.

2016-05-25

Buyer Beware!

"I rented a government book for my daughter's government high school/dual credit class for about $50. I thought it was a great deal! I wish I would have checked the reviews of KNETBOOKS before I rented from them. We received the book, used the book, and I sent it back on time. I received an email saying the book was "unusable" due to water damage and charged me (without my knowledge or consent) another $138! I sent the book back via UPS and I can tell you the book was in the exact same condition as when we received it. Unfortunately, I'm a mostly trusting person and didn't take pictures when we received it. I contacted customer service and they were no help at all. Pretty much their word against mine. I am now disputing the extra charge through my Discover card they charged. BUYER BEWARE! "

This review was modified by Ehirsch on May 25 2016 06:23:02 AM
Rep reply posted May-25-2016

2016-05-21

Great Experience

"I had nothing but a great experience with this company. I had rented a textbook from them (used) and it was in great condition. It was very cheap and came right on time. It gave me more time to rent than I had planned, even though I only needed it for a semester. It would have been nice to have a reminder that my textbook was due in a month, like other people said. I plan to rent more from them! Overall, I had an excellent experience."

This review was modified by LexieBrown on May 21 2016 09:03:09 AM
Rep reply posted May-23-2016

Knetbooks.com

2016-05-16

Worst Customer Service I have EVER encountered! Does not care about their customers!

"To begin, I ordered three books from this company. One of the three books that I received, the pages in it were bent, the book had a very old smell and look, and was not in a good condition that should have been sent out to a customer. I did not return the book, because I knew I would only need it a handful of times. I returned the three books (how I received them) when I no longer needed them. About a week later, I noticed a charge of close to $180 in my bank account (without being informed until after it was taken out). I then called immediately (on a Thursday) to find out why I was charge for the amount.

Come to find out, the company decided that the book was water damaged, with a foul smell, as well as mold on the book. Again, how I received it!!! They then proceeded to charge me for the book, they say was damaged, yet THEY SENT IT OUT! They said that they had to replace the damaged book; therefore, I had to pay for it even though I returned it HOW I RECEIVED IT. The representative that I spoke with said that I could not receive a refund because they had to replace the book (ON MY DIME). There is no telling how many rentals that book had gone through before me, in which it was not in the best condition, yet they decided it's time for them to get a new one so they are going to charge ME!!

The first representative said that I would have to speak to a supervisor but again stated there was nothing they could do because they had to replace the book. I then called again, after speaking with the first person, and the second person told me the same exact thing! None of the representatives were willing to help or transfer me to their supervisor. All they said was that they could send in a request for the supervisor to call me the first day. I informed the second person I spoke with that I already had a request put in, but still had not heard from them. The following day (Friday) I had still not received a call from the company regarding my issue. I then called back again, to be told that I would have to call back on Monday to put in another request (which would require me to wait ANOTHER 24hrs) in order to speak with the supervisor. Very frustrating!!!

Monday rolls around, and I still had not received a call from the company or the supervisor in order to resolve the issue. I then called again, and spoke with two more people, trying to be put through to the supervisor. So I have now spoken with FIVE people, to just be told the same thing over and over again, none of which was any help whatsoever!!! After calling again, I finally (after three business days) received a call to just hear the same thing again, which was that the book was damaged and I could not receive a refund. She then proceeded to tell me that they did not care that they were losing a customer's business because of a book that they received, that was returned HOW IT WAS RECEIVED! I then asked to speak with the supervisor's boss, to just have to leave a voicemail in hopes that I get a call from them.

I still have not received a call from the supervisors boss regarding the situation. This is by far the WORST customer service that I have ever dealt with. The company does not care about their customers or their relationships with their customers whatsoever. I will never be using this company, and will definitely make in known that it should not be used by students to order books from.

The fact that I've spoken with six people in all, still have not heard back from the final person in which I am trying to speak with about the situation it absolutely ridiculous. I am now having to go through my bank to get them to investigate the situation on my behalf because of this terrible service, and I am still out $180!!! Unacceptable service!!!

This review was modified by Baileyboo5097 on May 16 2016 12:27:54 PM
Rep reply posted May-18-2016

“Good Morning,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience with us. An email with an update on this matter has been sent to the email address on file.

Best Wishes,
Customer Service Representative”

2016-02-17

Helpful with delivery problem

"Knetbooks was helpful in resolving a delivery problem. It took several calls but all customer service reps were polite and in the end provided a fair solution. "

This review was modified by aptrdh on February 17 2016 04:14:45 PM
Rep reply posted Feb-18-2016

“Good morning,

Thanks for the love! I am glad to hear that you had a positive experience. I have sent an email to the address on file with a little gift to use on a future order.

2016-02-09

misleading and unfair advertising

"I am writing this review as my last resort for communication with this company. I've tried to call them, no luck. Online Chat, automated responses to my inquires. Email, an automated response more than a week later, giving me no time to return the product.

well initially i was looking for a book with ISBN-13: 9781133608196 which was advertised for $15 or so. which is a good deal, but my professor told me to get the access lab as well, so i look for the bundle that has the following ISBN-13: 9781285939537, which at the time had a cost of $65, or so, I decided to get the bundle as i think the 50 dollar difference is justified by the access lab. To my surprise when i received the package Jan, 19. i only received a book in really bad shape. I called the company but they are closed for weather issues, and have the same problem for next 5 days. Then i started an online chat and i received automated answers to my inquiries and was not able to resolve my issue of false advertising. they claim that they do "give you notice" saying that the book may not have other access codes but is vague information, they charge you for the same product different prices, the bundle offer should be more clear and it should transfer your request to book only as that's what you are getting anyways. In order words i paid 65 for something that they advertised for 15, with the idea that i would get the access code for the extra 50 paid, and now that i want to return my product i have to pay 10% restocking fees plus the shipping. ohhhh but since i got the email response from them really late i had no time to return for a refund and i am stock with it.
I would like a complete refund and return this book immediately as i feel i was robbed from this company, and hopefully i don't get an automated answer again. FYI i have consulted with attorneys at my firm about the way your company displays information and products online.

I will update information about my case, and provide an email for other people with the same issue as me with this company or parent company Ecampus. to contact me and see what we can do

This review was modified by Luis07 on February 09 2016 09:39:51 AM
Rep reply posted Feb-09-2016

“Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience with us. I have sent an email to the address on file with an update regarding your order.

2016-01-28

NEVER RENT OR BUY FROM THIS COMPANY EVER!

"This company works in ways that completely disgust me! They do their best to take your money and their company makes so much money off from poor college students, I don't see how someone hasn't investigated them yet.
Since I had to extend my order on 12/21/15, I have been on the phone with their company 25 times and have only talked to a real person three times. Yesterday was the 3rd time after trying to contact them for at least a week. Their customer service is despicable, I wouldn't even call it customer service. You're on hold forever and most of the time they don't respond to your emails.
Do not ever buy a book from here because once you do they have your credit card on file and the second you are late with a book you don't even get charged a late fee or an extension fee, you get charged THE FULL PRICE of the book. They do not except returns they only offer store credit which is garbage if you ask me. So now I have this book that I don't need anymore but because I was late returning it they charged me full price and will not let me return it.
There are so many other better book companies to go with, AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!
You may save a little money with them now but later you will pay for it when they charge your card hundreds of dollars.
They also operate through ecampus.com, biggerbooks.com, sellbackbooks.com and obviously knetbooks.com. Avoid them all, you will regret renting from them it's not worth it.
Your company is garbage!

This review was modified by johnsd78 on January 28 2016 10:07:46 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-28-2016

“Good afternoon,

2016-01-27

Shipping is awful!!!!!

"Paid for 5-7 business day shipping, didn't get my book until after 13 business days! That's over 2 weeks!!! When I asked them about it they sent me a coupon for $2 off when you spend $75. I am never ordering ANYTHING from Knetbooks ever again. Tell your friends, tell you kids, tell everyone. They are awful."

Rep reply posted Jan-27-2016

“Jason,

2016-01-27

Price gouging - is this legal?

"Not worth the risk. Rental cost $53 book was due 12/21. Daughter never got email as it was sent to me. I thought it was junk mail as I didn't rent the book. Charged my credit card $300 on 12/27. Sent book back following week. Credited my account $150 so I ended up paying late fee of $150. Shouldn't be able to charge more than cost of rental or they should disclose their late fees. I called and they offered to give $75 store rental credit. No skin off their back. I'm still out $150 on A $53 rental. It was back on their shelves 1/7 after shipping and processing. "

This review was modified by missmeliss on January 27 2016 05:59:22 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-27-2016

2016-01-21

Extra Costs on Vistas, 5th Ed, Student Edition w/ Supersite Plus Code (w/ WebSAM + vText)

"On 1/1/2016 I rented Vistas, 5th Ed, Student Edition w/ Supersite Plus Code (w/ WebSAM + vText) for my daughter's college Spanish class. Unfortunately the Supersite Code did not come with the rental. When I ordered the book there was info on the website-"Note: Supplemental material not guaranteed with Rental purchases". That apparently meant the Supersite Code. I called Cust Svc and was offered a "reduced" price for the code at $130! My daughter got for a $100 at school. Looking at the website today there is NO MENTION about Supplemental Material. I guessing that none of the books have the code and you will have to pay extra. It still can be less expensive renting, but they need to be up front with the extra costs."

This review was modified by Myron61 on January 21 2016 05:05:35 PM
Rep reply posted Jan-26-2016

2016-01-18

Buyer Beware (this company is a scam)

"I ordered a book from this company on the January 7th. As well as two others from another company. On the 14th I received my books from the other company and I assumed the other one was just a little late. The next day the mail ran but still no package. So I decided to track the package and it said the book had been delivered on the 13th to my mailbox. Which by the way, is not even big to house a school book. So I called USPS and they told me the same thing that it says online that it was delivered to my mailbox. I told them I had not received it and they advised me to call the company. I called the company and waited 15 minutes to connect to a representative just for the call to disconnect before anyone ever answered the line. So I sent an email from the website asking where my order was. it only took them about 5 or 10 minutes to respond. They also told me it had been delivered, and if I haven't received it to contact the USPS. I then told them that I had done this already and I was advised to call them. This time I did not get a response. My classes start on the 18th, so I decided not to wait any longer for a reply and I began an online chat. I was told that because the shipper has confirmed the delivery they only advise me to inquire further with my neighbors (already done) and the local USPS (already done). I called my coworker to tell them about it, and she tells me they did the same thing to her and her sister. She said they never received their books and the company was unwilling to help locate book. which is basically the same customer service I just recived. Horrible! Today is a holiday so i have to wait until tomorrow to call the post office. So now I don't have a book for school and i don't have the money to get another book. I'm reading these reviews about other customers money they have taken and I'm wishing I had never ordered from them. I wil be doing a you tube review on this because this is just ridiculous!"

This review was modified by Spiffypromo4 on January 18 2016 01:20:30 PM
Rep reply posted Jan-19-2016

Share Knetbooks.com's store rating

Knetbooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Knetbooks.com is a merchant member
Knetbooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,562 merchant members.