• Address: Lexington, Kentucky
    • Contact: eservice@knetbooks.com
    • Phone: Customer Service: 1-866-8
    • Customer Support: 1-866-870-9186
    • Business Hours: Ordering through www.Knetbooks.com is available 24/7. Customer Service by telephone: Monday through

Product & services pricing Rating 7.05/10 7.05/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.89/10 4.89/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.93/10 4.93/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.55/10 3.55/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.93/10 2.93/10

"I have had several issues with this company. They sold me books that they did not have in stock, and by they time they notified me that I would not be receiving the textbook I had ordered, a significant period of time had passed. I had to try and find the books on another site and pay to get them rush-shipped to me so that I would not miss out on key exercises and information. Additionally, I ordered a textbook and the title of the order indicated that I would receive the code for the online site that went with the text. It was "Macroeconomics Plus NEW MyEconlab" (MyEconlab being the name of the supplementary website that I needed access too. When I received the package and this code was not included, I called customer service, and the woman informed me that it was my own fault for not reading the fine print, and there was nothing they could do. So misleading and unprofessional! I will never order from this company again!"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-10-2014

“Good evening,
I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. If you rent a book or buy it used, access codes, cd’s, and other supplemental material may be missing. The title of the book and ISBN number that is listed on our website is provided by the publisher for the new item, it is illegal for our company to change or edit this information in any way. The supplements are one time use items that are not included with used rentals. This is why we include disclaimer on our website. I have set up your account to receive a full refund if you no longer need this item. I have also applied $20.00 of in store credit to your knetbooks.com account. We hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Knetbooks.com”

"Do not rent from this place, especially if you need an access code! I paid a premium price for rental of a textbook that was also supposed to include a Supersite Plus access code. This was for my daughter's first year of college.

First we received a code, but it did not indicate Knetbooks anywhere. Then a week later we received the book, and it too did not indicate Knetbooks, nor was it the same location as the code. When my daughter got to college and tried the code, the site said she needed a Plus code, and so she could not access her class material. Evidently, they sent a standard Supersite code. I emailed Knetbooks and they said that they outsource the materials, but cannot guarantee supplemental materials. I replied a couple more times trying to get clarification, but I got the same cut and paste response each time.

I then called them on the phone. This person claimed that they don't send any codes and I was lucky to get one. But even though it's the wrong code, they can't send another because they can't guarantee supplemental materials. She also claimed that they can't change the product title which clearly states the code is included, because it comes from the publisher. She said that when the item is added to the cart, a popup appears with some information and at the top it states that codes may not be included. Really? this important information is hidden with other text in a popup? It should be clearly stated in bold on the product page before even adding it to the cart! What a rip-off!

I ended up having to purchase the code separately so that my daughter can get to her studies. I may follow up with the attorney general on this one!

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-15-2014

“Good morning,
I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. I have sent an email to the address on file with an update regarding your order.
Knetbooks.com”

"I am highly disappointed in this book company. It has been two weeks since I have order my books and have yet to receive it. I have sent an email and then they tell me it has been shipped. I have been on the line for 30 minutes now and I am very upset because I need these books immediately. I just sent an email requesting a full refund of both books. This is ridiculous. "

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-10-2014

“Good evening Adriana,
I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. Our records indicate that your order was shipped ‘Voices of a People’s History of the United States” was shipped from our warehouse on 09/04/2014. According to USPS tracking number your package has arrived at the post office in Richmond, CA and your package is en route to you. According to USPS tracking number 92419901296026581128388554
“A People’s History of the United States” was delivered on 09/09/2014. If you no longer need these items, I have set up your account to receive a full refund upon return. I have also applied $15.00 of in store credit to your knetbooks.com account to apply towards expedited shipping on a future order. We hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Knetbooks.com”

"WOOOOOOORSSSST EXPERIENCE EVVVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I PLACED MY ORDER FOR A BOOK AND THEY CHARGED ME AND ALL.EVERYDAY FOR A WHOLE WEEK I CHECKED MY EMAIL AND NO TRACKING NUMBER AND NO CONFIRMATION EMAIL AND I DECIDED TO EMAIL THEM AND THEY SENT ME AN EMAIL SAYING SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE WE ARE CHECKING THE AVAILABILITY OF THE BOOK The “availability will let you know how long the item takes to process before shipping. Your order has the availability of 3-5 business days. We expect this item to take 3-5 business days to ship." THIS WAS AFTER A WEEK AND 2 OF MY EMAILS,EVENTUALLY I ASKED TO SEE IF THEY WOULD EVER KNOW WHEN THEY WOULD HAVE THE BOOK AND THEY SEND ME AN EMAIL SAYING
"Hi! Thank you for contacting A Book Company.

Your order is processing. When it ships out you will receive a conformation email including tracking information.". DAYS LATER THEY SEND ME THIS

Hi! Thanks for contacting Customer Service!

Your order has now been cancelled. A refund will post back to your original payment method within 3-5 business days."
IM GOING ON THE 3RD WEEK OF CLASS WITH A QUIZ TOMORROW , OBVIOUSLY IM GOING TO FAIL BECAUSE I JUST ORDERED ANOTHER BOOK. BAD BAD WEBSITE.

“Good evening,
I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. I am sorry that we were experiencing a delay on fulfilling your order. Our records indicate that you order was cancelled on 09/06/2014 and we ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be applied to the account that was charged. I have also applied $30.00 of in store credit to you knetboooks.com account and we hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Knetbooks.com”

"Received book 15 days after ordered with delivery box already opened and only partially covered with 2 rubber bands. Requested for a refund and was recommended to return the books within 21 days. Was able to return the books within the 21 days period but only got $3.19 back from the $22.00 original price."

“Hi Alex,

I’m sorry to hear that had a difficult experience. I am sorry to hear that you received your book in poor condition. I have processed a refund for the remaining $5.89 on “Introduction to Research in the health science” and $5.39 for “Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association.” We ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be applied to the account that was charged. I have also applied $15.00 of in store credit to your knetbooks.com account. We hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.

Customer service Representative
Knetbooks.com”

"I have been a customer of Knetbooks for a couple of years now and never had a problem with this company. I had to cancel an order " It's an option on their website" within a couple of minutes of ordering it. Then, I received an email saying that the order processed. I send them an email saying that I wanted to cancel it. What is the point of offering the option to cancel an order if they don't follow through with it. Knetbooks said that I need to pay for 10% restocking fee plus the shipping. If it had taken me over a couple of hours to cancel my order I would understand BUT it was within minutes and they offered the cancel my order option. I USED to refer them to my friends not anymore plus I won't shop there anymore. Knetbooks you lost a loyal customer."

“Good Morning Martha,
I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. I’m very sorry that were unable to cancel the order. By the time that we received your cancellation request, your order had already been loaded on a truck to be shipped to you. I have set up your account to receive a full refund on both books in your order. I have also applied $20.00 of in store credit to your knetbooks.com account. We hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Knetbooks.com”

"My order number is: 9531328. I ordered a book so I could have it in time for class and paid $15 for 2 Day UPS Business but instead the book arrived late and didn't have it available for class! After much back and forth emailing knetbooks decided to give me a $15 store credit (which is NOT what I want or asking for). I want a refund since my book didn't arrive on time... that's all. Imagine how much money they're making off of everyone who's paying for a service which isn't being provided! Giving me a $15 dollar credit does nothing for me bc I am feed up having to argue for a miserable $15 - am I being irrational? Why does a customer have to argue to receive a refund for a service what wasn't being provided? So to those reading this: use other websites that rent books! Knetbooks.com might be cheaper but in the long run you'll save yourself time should you be unhappy with they're services!"

“Good morning Reynaldo,

I’m sorry to hear that you had such a difficult experience. Our records indicate that your order was placed on 08/26/2014 at 11:56 pm and shipped from our warehouse on 08/27/2014. According to UPS tracking number 1Z29E3W50227906536 your package was delivered on 08/29/2014. As a courtesy, I have processed a full refund of the $14.00 you paid for expedited shipping from UPS. We ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be applied to the account that was charged.
Knetbooks.com”

"ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUS!!!! First of all, I ordered a college textbook on 8/30 expecting to receive it approximately 5 days later as the website says. Ok great! After 6 days.... no book... ok I call them 45 min wait before the automated system allows me to leave a call back phone number. Sales rep. Calls back and is rude. Hold on, rude to a customer? Really? I just wanted an ETA for the book as class is starting. THEY DON'T HAVE THE BOOK!!! No communication what so ever until I called. Website did not state that the book was on back order.... nor does it to this day! Needless to say, I had to pay another company $28 to overnight ship plus the cost if the book. "They have enough customers" They don't need my business! So..... If you are considering ordering ANYTHING from this place, DON'T DO IT!!!!!! IT'S NOTHING LESS THAN A HEADACHE!"

“Good Morning Corlista,
I’m sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience. I apologize that we were experiencing a delay with our vendors but we were working hard to get your book delivered to you as quickly as possible. Our records indicate that your order was cancelled and refunded on 09/05/2014, we ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be applied to the account that was charged. I have also applied $15.00 of in store credit to your knetbooks.com account and we hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Knetbooks.com”

"I ordered my book 8/28 and it says it shipped on 8/29. HEre I am sitting two weeks into class on 9/5 and it is still not here and UPS tracking does not show my order even EXISTS! I have emailed customer service 3 times and they have yet to respond. So frustrating. I want to cancel but they wont contact me! I need a book for school. I feel I should get a full refund. I will not be buying through them again"

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-05-2014

“Hi Kayla,
I’m sorry to hear that you are having a difficult experience. It does appear that your package has been lost in transit with the United States Postal Service. I have processed a full refund on your order, we ask that you allow 3-5 business days for the refund to be processed.
Knetbooks.com”

"Just a freeaking Pathetic site and customer service, ordered my text book a week ago and even more. Still didn't get it and customer service will never pick up the phone. I just hanged up after 47 minutes of hold I am calling customer service bureau and filing a complaint against this site for stealing my money and not even replying. When i e-mailed them, they will reply after 3-4 days. Just the worst site I've ever been to and will never go on this site again "

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-04-2014

“Hi Umang,
I’m sorry to hear that you having a difficult experience. We’re working with the vendor to get this book to you as quickly as possible. I have upgraded your shipping to UPS two business day shipping at no cost to you. I’m sorry to hear that you were having a difficult time reaching customer service. We are experiencing extremely high call and email volume this time of year and we are responding to our customer’s request as quickly as we can.

Knetbooks.com”

"This was the first time I ordered from this website and I am not satisfied with it. I ordered my book on 8/29 and even chose faster shipping with my purchase but it still shows that the order is processing. I am hoping my book will come some time this week for class! Although the prices are great, I am not very happy with this website at all. "

modified review Rep reply posted Sep-04-2014

“Hi Maybeline,
I’m sorry to hear that you are having a difficult experience. Most of our books are shipped from our warehouse within 24-48 hours. “Foundations of Physical Education” has an availability of 3-4 business days. We expect this item to take 3-4 business days to ship. Your order placed on 08/29/2014 after 11 am so your order did not begin processing until 09/02/2014 due to the holiday on Monday. I have upgraded your shipping to UPS two business day shipping at no cost to you. We hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Knetbooks.com”

"I ordered my book 8/26/14, a Tuesday, with the 24 hours to "process" the order the book should've been shipped Thursday or Friday at the latest. Today is 9/2/14 and I finally JUST got an email that my book has shipped... great now that classes have started I will not have my book for another week! Completely inconvenient! Good prices but horrible shipping. Not happy. Not sure if I will be using this site again to order books.. "

“Hi Lindsay,
I’m sorry to hear that you had such a difficult experience. Most of our orders are shipped from our warehouse within 24-48 hours. “Exploring Physical Geography” had an availability of 3-5 business days. We expect this item to take 3-5 business days to ship. Your order was shipped from our warehouse on 09/02/2014. The USPS tracking number for your order is 92419901296026581128562145. I have applied $15.00 of in store credit to you knetbooks.com account and we hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Knetbooks.com”

"I ordered a book 1 week ago and they still haven't shipped it yet. and also i paid $4 extra for express mail!!! They should return my money back!!!! And I was calling them during their business time (09/02/2014 Tuesday, 1:20p.m PDT), but their voicemail said they are currently closed!!
DO NOT RENT BOOK FROM THEM!!!NEVER!!! EVER!!!!

“Hi Xu,
I’m sorry to hear that you are having a difficult experience. We are experiencing extremely high call and email volume this time of year and we are responding to customer's requests as quickly as we can. We’re sorry that your order is late. We are working with the vendor to get this item to your door as quickly as we can. I have upgraded your shipping to UPS standard shipping at no cost to you. If you need to have the order cancelled, it is able to be cancelled up until the time the book is scheduled for shipment. We hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Knetbooks.com”

"This company is ridiculous. I ordered books with a guarantee of 1-5 days shipping. One book was shipped and scheduled to be to me a week and a half after I ordered it. The other has not even been shipped a week after I ordered it. I called the company to find out where my book is and had to wait in hold for over an hour before I was able to talk to anyone. The representative told me it was not their fault they are waiting for the book from the publisher. Well actually it is your fault, you offered the book to me with a 1-5 days guarantee and you did not even have the book to send. Then I tried to cancel the second book and was told I cannot even though it had not been shipped to me. I am able to send the book back for a refund when I get it but now have to pay a restocking fee. I will never order from this company again. Their customer service is absurd and they cannot hold to their guarantees! "

“Hi Jo Lene,
I apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may have caused you. Most of our books are shipped from our warehouse within 24-48 hours. Our records indicate that “Health: The Basics” was shipped from our warehouse on 08/28/2014. We are working with the publisher Cengage to get “How 13: A Handbook for Office Professional” shipped as quickly as possible. This book should be shipped from Cengage within the next 24 hours. You will receive an email with the tracking number once the book has been shipped. I have set up your account to receive a full refund on the return of these items. I have also applied $15.00 of in store credit to your knetbooks.com account. We hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.
Customer service Representative
Knetbooks.com”

"This website is very unprofessional, I wouldn't recommend ordering books from here. I am still waiting to receive books that I ordered a while ago. Also customer service isn't good at all either, I wrote them by email twice and I have yet to hear back from them. "

“Hi Wilanda,
I’m sorry to hear that you had such a difficult experience. Most of our books are shipped from our warehouse within 24-48 hours. Your order was placed on 08/25/2014 at 11:48 am, orders placed after 11 am est. begin processing in our system the following business day. This means that your order did not begin processing in our system until 08/26/2014. “The Earth and it’s Peoples A Global History” was shipped from our warehouse on 08/28/2014. According to UPS tracking number 1ZA3A7400398160624 your package was delivered on 09/02/2014. “The Norton Anthology go African American Literature, has a processing time frame of usually ships in 3-5 business days and today is the 4th business day. This book is being shipped from our warehouse today. You will receive an email with the USPS tracking number once your item has been shipped. I have applied $20.00 of in store credit to your knetbooks.com account to apply towards expedited shipping on future orders. We hope that you give us another chance to be your textbook provider.

Knetbooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Knetbooks.com is a merchant member
Knetbooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,842 merchant members.