• Address: Lexington, Kentucky
    • Contact: eservice@knetbooks.com
    • Phone: Customer Service: 1-866-8
    • Customer Support: 1-866-870-9186
    • Business Hours: Ordering through www.Knetbooks.com is available 24/7. Customer Service by telephone: Monday through

Product & services pricing Rating 6.13/10 6.13/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.41/10 3.41/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 3.85/10 3.85/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.89/10 2.89/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 1.58/10 1.58/10

"I was recommended this website by a fellow student, however I am very disappointed in this website. When i recieved my ordered book I was suprised to recieve the wrong book. Now I will have to order this textbook from another website once more. I will be returning the book but I'm only receiving two dollars back for my return very disappointed will not be returning to the site. "

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-25-2015

“Good morning,

I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience. I have sent an email to the address on file.

Knetbooks.com”

"Original order placed 12/28/14 for 4 books. Tracked my order and it never moved from in transit. On 1/16/15 called knetbooks. Waited 1 hour on hold . They could not locate my order. Customer service rep re-sent my order by 2 day ups minus one of the books which they now did not have. Cust service rep was pleasant but dealing with this company is not. Save yourself aggravation and avoid this company. "

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-26-2015

“Good morning,

I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience. I have sent an email to the address on file with an update regarding your order.

Knetbooks.com”

"I was skeptical at first ordering from here after reading reviews but I went out on a limb becaise it was the cheapest of all the sites I checked for my book. I ordered it on a Wednesday and it was delivered Tuesday in 6days probably sooner if it wasn't for the weekend and mlk day. As well as my used book arrived in perfect condition really doesn't look used at all!"

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-23-2015

“Good morning,

Thanks for the love! I have sent an email to the address on file with a little gift to use on a future order.

Knetbooks.com”

"I AM A VERY HAPPY AND SATISFIED CUSTOMER!!!!! I only had 7 days to get my textbook for my class. Every other site was too expensive. Knetbooks had the most lowest price, but I was skeptical to order from them because of the horrible reviews. I then took a chance realizing that its usually the somehow dissatisfied customers who write reviews. Satisfied ones like me.. we just smile and walk away. But I want to override all the bad reviews. I ordered this book and had the 5 day shipping. I got my book in 4 days. YEAHHHHH. neatly packaged. Used book, but you wont even tell. Every page is intact. Book is in excellent condition. This is so awesome!!!
Nancy: University of Akron, Ohio.

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-21-2015

“Good evening,

Thanks for love! I have sent an to the address on file for a little gift to use on a future order.

customer service representative

Knetbooks.om”

"Knetbooks is a SCAM! I ordered two books for a subtotal of $21.20. After shipping the total came to $34.00. When the course I had intended to take was dropped, I attempted to return the books for a refund. They want me to pay THEM $11.12 for shipping and restocking fee (to put the book back on the shelf really???). My refund total is $10.60. That is not a refund. That is scamming people out of their money, and I will NEVER order from knetbooks again."

Knetbooks.com”

"I have mixed reviews for this company. I ordered 2 books from it on December 26th. One book that I ordered from it for this semester came within a week. However the other book that I ordered didn't get to my house until January 17th. I'm not sure what would have happened if I hadn't called on January 13th to ask where my book was"

Knetbooks.com”

"If you are researching this company after having an issue with them, I am sorry that you are in the same boat as myself. I wish I had researched before renting, so that I could have avoided business with knetbooks all together.
In the frenzy that is finals and rental deadlines, I accidentally shipped knetbooks.com the wrong book. It was my mistake and I will completely own that. What I am not okay with in this situation however is the way knetbooks.com handles these kinds of things.

This is the email that I received on 1/6/2015:
"This email is in regards to your Rental Return for order #9527354. While we did receive a book, it is not the title that you rented from Knetbooks.com. The following item was to be included in your shipment, but was missing: Deviant Behavior, 10/e
ISBN: 9780205899661 .

At this time you have been charged a Replacement Cost for the correct book, which was has not been returned. We can return the incorrect book to you for a $10 shipping and handling fee. Please respond to this email to confirm the address you wish for this book to be shipped to. If this issue has not been resolved by , your item will be recycled.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to call our customer service team during the hours of 9:00am EST - 5:00pm EST Monday - Friday at 1-866-870-9186.
Knetbooks.com Customer Support"

Please notice the blaring issue in this message. "If this issue has not been resolved by , your item will be recycled." No date?! The original email came from einfo@email.ecampus.com. When I attempt to reply as I did three times, the reply recipient changes to noreply@knetbooks.com. I attempted also to manually type in the original einfo address, and the message won't even leave my outbox.
They charge you the replacement fee (in my case $54 and some change) before you even have a chance to respond to their message.
I then took to the contact link available on the website that lets you know that they typically respond in 2-3 hours, but may take up to 3 days during peak time. I emailed Monday 1/12 since I was outside of the 9-5 eastern time hours. No response by Friday 1/16. I tried their chat function when I was within business hours. It does not work. I then called their helpline... I sat on hold for over an hour before giving up and requesting that they call me back.
Finally, I received my callback. The woman on the phone was polite, but within minutes of being connected, I was put back on hold while she checked her email log for my emails to knetbooks.com.
She said she would check if my book had been recycled, and apparently it's my lucky day because it hadn't yet been recycled, and should (key word: SHOULD) be on it's way shortly via UPS Ground.
What should have been a simple one reply email correspondence was made now to waste hours of my time. Completely inexcusable. I will not be a return customer.

An extra note to the company on a bit of phone professionalism... there was a horrible amount of background noise through the entire phone call. At one point, it was actually several women laughing. Perhaps if your call center associates spent more time attending to customer concerns and less time laughing hysterically in the background of other calls, people wouldn't be stuck on hold for hours at a time.

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-19-2015

“Good evening,

customer service representative
Knetbooks.com”

"This is by far the best book renting company! I have dealt with book renter and the services I experienced there were awful! With that being said knetbooks rentals are easy, quick, and in great condition. My first renting experience with them they had a promotion going on to have free extensions for the semester. Also after I returned my books from last semester I receive a 4 dollars off coupon for my next time renting. I tell all my friends to rent from knetbooks because of the great customer care and the low prices. Be sure to rent from knetbooks! Your experience will be unforgettable! "

Knetbooks.com”

"I have ordered from them 2 years now and been satisfied with books and shipping. I will continue to order from them. "

"Books always show up in great condition, the free shipping is very convenient and prices are very competitive"

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-16-2015

“Good morning,

Thanks for the love! I have sent an email to the address on file with a little gift to use on a future order!
knetbooks.com”

"After reading reviews and realizing this site is a scam, I sent several emails demanding that my order be canceled. After no reply, and reading more reviews. I see that even if I call them in the morning I won't get a refund and will probably be charged even further. I have no idea how to deal with a scam like this. "

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-15-2015

“Good morning,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience. I have sent an email to the address on file with an update regarding your order.
Knetbooks.com”

"DO NOT DO business with this company - they commit fraud by lying about what people return and then charge additional money against your credit card. I rented One text book for the one course I was taking, and returned that same text in excellent condition to them. I then received an email stating I returned the wrong book - a totally different text - in horrible condition. Emails, phone calls did not help. They even said a supervisor checked the inventory and she couldn't find one book with my ISBN number (what are the odds of that?). I have filed complaints against them with my credit card, Kentucky's BBB, and NYS Consumer Protection. But in the end it will be my word against theirs, since I don't have proof of what was in the mailing (who would have thought to do that?) I have a feeling they will win, as they seem to do in so many of these unfortunate cases. Again, DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!"

"i had a death in the family and my book was late getting shipped back and knetbook told me that thats not there issue i should have been more responsible with getting my books back on time and they charged me for the full book price!
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY THEY COULD CARE LESS ABOUT YOU!!

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-14-2015

Customer Service Representative
Knetbooks.com”

"I will never use this company ever again. After being a good costumer for a couple of years now, I returned my book a few days late because it was the week of Christmas and I work in retail. The day I returned it I received an emailed saying that I have been charged the full listing price for the textbook which was $72. After emailing back and forth for about a week because they take days to reply, the told me the only thing they could do was refund me 50%. This is not costumer service. They basically stole my money and have their book to rent out and make more money off of. From the other reviews I have seen, this company should probably change the way the conduct business with college students who don't have the money to purchase books which is why they rent in the first place. Enjoy the $30 and I will never use your service again."

modified review Rep reply posted Jan-14-2015

Knetbooks.com”

"I regret not having done my homework first on this shabby outfit. Their business tactics are akin to highway robbery. Yes, their rental prices are cheaper than most, but it is apparently a loss leader to get you to rent, and that's when they have you! I rented a paperback book for Cultural Anthropology for roughly $35.00. My semester ended just before the holidays. Then, on December 30th, I got charged the full retail price(over inflated to put it bluntly) of $205.00! Ok, I did not get on returning the book the day my semester ended, but once I got charged I sent it back. Despite the books flawless condition, they only refunded half! I could have rented it for another year for the same amount! I called customer service and waited 45 minutes before being told that there was nothing they could do and that it was in the agreement. I was told a supervisor would call me back, that has not happened. I strongly caution anyone to avoid this company! What seems like a good deal eventually results in you paying full price without recourse. I am going to make it my personal mission to get the word out. Social media and the world wide web are powerful tools. That, coupled with my formal complaint to the Better Business Bureau should be a nice start. Flyers pasted all over my campus, and the other campuses nearby that my work colleagues attend, should do nicely to get the word out. Do NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!"

Knetbooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Knetbooks.com is a merchant member
Knetbooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,897 merchant members.