• Knetbooks.com

• Address: Lexington, Kentucky
    • Contact: eservice@knetbooks.com
    • Phone: Customer Service: 1-866-8
    • Customer Support: 1-866-870-9186
    • Business Hours: Ordering through www.Knetbooks.com is available 24/7. Customer Service by telephone: Monday through

Product & services pricing Rating 5.89/10 5.89/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.95/10 4.95/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.28/10 5.28/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.33/10 3.33/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.23/10 3.23/10

2015-07-27

"I have used Knetbooks for 2 years now and I am so glad I found this valuable resource."

Rep reply posted Jul-28-2015

“Good morning,

Thanks for the love! I am glad to hear that you had a positive experience. I have sent an email to the address on file with a little gift to use on your future order.

2015-07-27

"Very competitive, prompt, and simple."

2015-07-25

"Fast delivery. Perfect condition. Great communication. Excellent prices. I definitely recommend! Thank you! ^^"

2015-07-25

"Every time I order from knetbooks its always a smooth and easy process. Love this company!!"

2015-07-24

"Update on 7-25 at 10 am CST: Just received an email that that book was damaged. FIRST OF ALL, how DARE you tell a lie like that. I took great care of that book and returned it in the EXACT condition it was given to me, highlights, underlines, creased pages and all- as said in my original post, a USED book generally means this. PLUS, since it is a USED book, had Ithe damaged it, the full price should never be charged. ADDITIONALLY, it is bad business to not contact the customer to survey how the rental went, which includes book condition upon arrival. They had better be cooperative on the phone because I will not let this go.

Original Post: Good experience gone bad. This was my first time renting from this company, and though the reviews were mixed, I did so because most of what I read was about how late returns were handled.

To their credit, shipping speed was awesome. My textbook, which was a fairly used but decent copy (it had underlining and highlights...which actually turned out to be a good thing since most information I was tested on was already underlined/highlighted), was returned 2 weeks BEFORE the final return date of 7/27/15, and I've been charged $176.16 for the book as if they never received it. I can't get in touch with anyone because they are closed on Saturday, but the charge didn't come through until late Friday night.

Now, as a grad student, I NEED my money and this could have wrecked my bank account with OD fees... well, technically it has wrecked it because now I have to figure out gas and food money until this situation is fixed as I only have a few dollars left.

I checked the tracking number just to be sure they got the book, and they have. I am NOT pleased with the way this transaction has been conducted- not even an email from them stating the book was returned or that they have not received my return. I ordered a book from another company, BookRenter, who sent a courtesy email letting me know their book was received. It would be a good business practice to stay in touch with customers versus charging their cards. I have never had a problem renting used books online, and I hope this company institutes better practices to ensure book processing is updated so that problems like these don't arise. It is a poor reflection of how Knetbooks conducts business and this would keep customers away- something no business should want. Simply put, this issue needs rectifying immediately! Naturally, if they fix this in a timely and professional manner, I'll revise this review- but until then, Knetbooks is on my bad business list. "

“Good morning,

I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience. I have sent an email to the address on file with an update regarding your order.

2015-07-23

"The books arrived quickly and were exactly what I ordered."

2015-07-22

"The book arrived on time and was in very good condition."

2015-07-22

"I received my order fast, and books were perfect as described!!! "

2015-07-22

"Book didn't arrive as soon as I would hope so but that's not an issue. Just need to order with enough time in anticipation. The book is in great condition and the price is definitely right. Will use services again for the coming up semester. "

2015-07-22

"I am very satisfied with the book I'm currently renting and I'm planning to get more books at Knetbook.com soon. After shopping around online for the best deal, by far, Knetbooks.com had the lowest prices, in addition to, paying extra for shipping. I paid for the 1-4 business day shipping and I received my book within the 4 days as promised. Knetbooks.com online service is very efficient. There was no need to communicate with customer service to receive my order. However, I didn't receive instructions on how to return books. I will call customer service to find out how to do so. I'm sure that will be made simple as well."

“Good afternoon!

Thank you for your kind words! I have sent an email to the address on file with a little gift to use on your next order!

2015-07-22

"The process was easy, lost cost. received my book in a timely matter. Great Job."

2015-07-22

"I paid $5.00 for faster shipping and I didn't receive the book until 7/14. I was disappointed in that. "

“Good afternoon,

I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience. I have sent an email with an update regarding your order.

2015-07-22

"I was thouroughly impressed with Knetbooks.com. I found the website to be very easy to use and the prices of the text book rentals to be very competative. I will definateley use this site again for my textbook rental needs!"

2015-07-21

"I will NOT do business with them again! I placed a rental order by mistake and about 5 minutes later contacted them on chat to cancel it. The representative said the order was too new to be showing up in their system and to contact them back later. Of course, they don't do chat after 5pm or on the weekends so I could not, and e-mailed them to cancel my order. On Monday I got an e-mail back from them saying it was already shipped!! When I asked them about canceling again, they e-mailed back Tuesday saying I could return the book for a refund with 25 days, so when I went to print the shipping label, it is only refunding me for about half of the rental! $11, even through rental was $20!! This is awful customer service, and I would recommend buying from Amazon.com or more reputable businesses that have better customer service. This is just ridiculous. I am paying for a rental I am not using!!!!!"

Rep reply posted Jul-21-2015

2015-07-14

"Don't do business with this Company. They rented me a paperback book that was past its useful life. When returned (on-time) they told me it was damaged and they could not re-use. They charged me the FULL Price of a brand new book not the fair value of the existing book. The book should have never been allowed to be rented. This is how they may be able to advertise a low rental price. They make up the $'s on the back end by pulling this scam. Also, I forgot to mention the multiple daily harassing robo-phone calls.

UPDATE: After reviewing my complaint the Company stepped up and stated they would reverse my "new book" charge. I give them credit for this action and now will consider using them in the future."

Rep reply posted Jul-15-2015

Share Knetbooks.com's store rating

Knetbooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Knetbooks.com is a merchant member
Knetbooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 1,847 merchant members.