• Knetbooks.com

• Address: Lexington, Kentucky
    • Contact: eservice@knetbooks.com
    • Phone: Customer Service: 1-866-8
    • Customer Support: 1-866-870-9186
    • Business Hours: Ordering through www.Knetbooks.com is available 24/7. Customer Service by telephone: Monday through

Product & services pricing Rating 6.28/10 6.28/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 5.38/10 5.38/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.02/10 6.02/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.98/10 3.98/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10

"Im pretty upset about how my experience with renting here went. I ordered 2 sets of books and i got my first book no problem, i used the same addresses and debit card to order my second set and they cancelled my order with suspected fraud apparently. i called the customer service line and after an hour of waiting they gave me the option to get a call back, which i chose and after 2 hours received a call back by a representative named jesse. once i told him my situation and asked how i could fix it he just gave me a rude tone saying he couldn't help me unless i wanted to pay again. I told him i was still confused on what i should do since i need these books and how i didn't understand that 1 order would go through but the second wouldn't and got cancelled. and he told me once again in his rude tone "you have 2 options, order again or go somewhere else and get them. try a local store or something i don't know. but thats your only options at this point." i called back later after trying to find a solution on my own and got the same guy and once i told him my name and order number he hung up on me and i didn't get a call back. I'm extremely frustrated and will never use this site again and definitely won't call the customer service. i just don't know what to do at this point, i need these books asap and even if they fix it i won't get them in time and don't have the money to get faster shipping :("

Rep reply posted Aug-31-2015

“Good morning,

I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience. I have sent an email to the address on file with an update regarding your order.

Knetbooks.com”

"After reading everyone's reviews i feel as if i might have made a mistake ordering books, hopefully my experience isn't as bad as everyone else's. PLEASE make sure my order is coming at the expected time. And if it is possible, send me an email so i know how to return my books early enough without them getting there late and me being charged."

Knetbooks.com”

"My patience is wearing thin and I am beyond angry at this point. I placed an order over a week ago and my textbooks STILL have not arrived. One of them is even still PENDING. My attempts to contact Knetbooks all failed. I was placed on hold for more than an hour and STILL have not heard back from them. This is either a scam or a really disappointing book rental website. I DO NOT recommend this website at all. Spare yourself the stress and disappointment. It's better to spend extra money on reliable and trustworthy websites like AMAZON. This website has proven that you do indeed, "get what you pay for." "

Knetbooks.com”

"So far, I am not impressed. I ordered books twice from them, both for this upcoming semester. The first order, I received the same book twice, contacted them and the representative said he would send me a shipping label. I am still waiting for that. The second order, I received today- I ordered the combo- book and access card. The access card was not included, I again messaged them and was told to send it back. I asked the representative to waive the restocking fee, as it was not me error. She stated that it was not guaranteed to include the access card- I stated that is why I ordered the combo pack, so I would receive the access card. I will not be ordering again from them, I will now need to go buy the book and access card, as my class starts Monday and I need the card. "

“Good morning,

I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience. I was unable to locate an order with the order number provided. Please provide your customer order number so i may assist you.

Knetbooks.com”

"I realized i placed my order last minute but it said shipping was 3-5 days which would have gotten my books here in time. Never did it say that i would have a processing time which i was told over the phone could be another couple of days on top of the 3-5 day shipping. My first book shipped out on the 21st and is not due to arrive until the 27th which is well beyond the 3-5 days. School has already stated and I'm already behind with no books in hand. Im very disappointed at this point because I'm already behind in both classes."

“Good afternoon,

Knetbooks.com”

"I placed an order to rent two textbooks through Knetbooks on August 6th in preparation for MBA classes that start on August 25th. I hadn't received them, so I went onto my account to check on their shipping status only to find that my order had been cancelled a few days after I placed it. I received a confirmation email when the order was placed without issue, but no such notification of the order's cancellation was ever sent to me. Now I'm forced to pay extra for rush-shipping to ensure I don't fall behind in my coursework. I will never consider using this site again and can only hope that there aren't others who experience into the same problem.

I attempted to write an email to Knetbooks in regards to this issue and have gotten nothing but an error page every time I try to submit.

Knetbooks.com”

"I rented my book on a thursday night and it shipped friday morning. It is now Monday and I still have not received my books. I would understand if i had regular shipping but i opted to pay 40 exrra dollars for one day shipping which would make omy books get here Saturday some time. I called customer service at 445 est and the recording stated that the offices were closed and it clearly states office hours are 8-6 M-F. The tracking number i have says the books aren't even registered as being shipped out. I wish I'd read the comments before buying the books but i won't be renting from them again"

Knetbooks.com”

"Easy and simple. Haven't returned yet, but have not run into any problems so far. "

Rep reply posted Aug-20-2015

“Good morning,

Thanks for the love! I am glad to hear that you had a positive experience. I have sent an email to the address on file with a little gift to use on your future order.

Knetbooks.com”

"worst rental textbook company I've ever used. I had rented 3 textbooks in May 2015 for grad school. Not only did I receive them late in the beginning, but I never received a reminder email or shipping label to return my books until they notified me that all 3 books were overdue and as such they had already charged me the list price for the total of the books. I called customer service and waited 30 minutes just to speak to a representative who then told me that they were not liable for reminder notices and that I was to be charged. The best she could do after we talked a bit more was to offer me 50% off of the charged price. I still have to pay for 1/2 of the textbooks when I had no idea they were even late, which is around $150 on top of what I had already paid to rent them in the first place. I will never use this company again. "

Rep reply posted Aug-18-2015

Knetbooks.com”

"First and last time I use Knetbooks.com. I ordered two books on 8/7/15. One of those books arrived today, 8/12/15, which was acceptable. The other book, however, still said processing. Upon first contacting them via live chat I was told that is should ship in 24-48 hours and they had upgraded my shipping to standard without any additional charge. This time frame was not acceptable since I have to have it by 8/17/15. The second contact with them was by telephone, where I was informed that the book was coming to them from an outside vendor. When I expressed my dislike for not knowing this information ahead of time, I was told that the order instructions stated that the normal shipping time was 3-5 business days which was up tomorrow. Again I asked if she could guarantee shipment tomorrow and she said no. So what good is the guarantee of 3-5 days for?? Then to top it all off it only took them a matter of minutes to take the money from my bank account but will take 3-5 days to return it to my account upon cancellation of my order. She was nice enough however, to waive the restocking fee on the book I am returning but would not waive the return shipping. I then questioned her about return shipping when the site plainly states "free shipping both ways", I was then informed that only applies if you keep the book for the entire rental term. It does not say anything about having to keep the rental. Free shipping is free shipping, but I guess I will have to count my losses!!! I had my reservations about using this company, wish I had went with my gut instinct. I will never rent from them again and I will advise anyone I come in contact with to not use them either. Crappy customer service at its finest!!"

Rep reply posted Aug-13-2015

Knetbooks.com”

"Best service, fast shipping. I will recommend it !!!!!!"

Rep reply posted Aug-12-2015

“Good afternoon,

Knetbooks.com”

"Love knetbooks! Just used them for the first time to order a chemistry book for school. Checkout was so easy, shipping was free, and the due date was later than other sites - which is great because my semester ends later! Love the site, prices are the cheapest out there. I literally rented a $91 book for $35. Definitely will keep coming back every semester!"

Rep reply posted Aug-11-2015

Knetbooks.com”

"I was just recently charged $190 for not returning my book. I took my book to the ups store about 4 days before it was due. I checked my tracking number and it said it was delivered on the 5th, which was 2 days later than the due date. I would understand if i got charged a late fee, but charging me that much is unreasonable. I am never gonna rent books from here ever again"

Rep reply posted Aug-10-2015

"misleading information.
truly disappointing

Rep reply posted Aug-10-2015

Knetbooks.com”

"Easy to rent and return, they had a variety of books to rent. Thank you! "

Rep reply posted Aug-03-2015

Share Knetbooks.com's store rating

Knetbooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Knetbooks.com is a merchant member
Knetbooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,715 merchant members.