Stores > Knetbooks.com
  • Knetbooks.com

Ordering through www.Knetbooks.com is available 24/7. Customer Service by telephone: Monday through
      eservice@knetbooks.com
      1-866-870-9186

Product & services pricing Rating 7.57/10 7.57/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 6.64/10 6.64/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 6.61/10 6.61/10
    Customer service: Rating 5.88/10 5.88/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 6.46/10 6.46/10
Voice your opinion! Review Knetbooks.com by clicking a star below.

2017-06-16

Was Skeptical - Not Anymore

"I'm a college student on a very fixed income. I needed a book for a class and had no choice, but to purchase it through a discounted store (Knetbooks). I read other reviews that said the company was terrible so I didn't really expect much. My experience was AMAZING. I got my books for little to nothing. They came in the time indicated. One wasn't correct and they refunded the full amount for it. I was sent text reminders and email reminders to return the other that I kept for class. And no, I also wasn't paid for writing this review. Knetbooks was VERY helpful. "

Rep reply posted Jun-19-2017

A rep from Knetbooks.com, Erin - Customer Service, has responded

“Good afternoon,

Thank you for that amazing review! We're pleased to learn your experience went very well. It's wonderful to know you felt customer service was able to help smooth over the problem you faced. I've sent an email to your elmira.edu address including more details.

Best Wishes!”

2017-06-08

Cautionary Tale, but Good Customer Service

"Update: The customer service team at Knetbooks was really good about following up with me and providing me with a 75% refund (and a small store credit) after we communicated. Overall not a bad company, just pay attention to your due date. It's a costly mistake otherwise.

I'm dumbfounded and disappointed by my last experience with Knetbooks. I rented a textbook and got the due date mixed up. I saw the date 06/02 and for some reason I thought the book was due on the 6th. That was my fault. The morning that I planned to mail my book back (6th), I woke up to a $235 charge on my bank account. It is only the day after that I received an email explaining that this was the charge for the book. This email consoled that I will be reimbursed 50% of this penalty for having returned the book. However, a 50% penalty is still unreasonably high.

In the end, Knetbooks retains the $44 that I paid to rent the book (fair), the textbook that I mailed back, and $117. For four days. Although their rental agreement lists that a late penalty will be charged, the exorbitance of this fee is well hidden. In addition to which, they chose the highest possible retail listing of this book to base their penalty on, I saw a major retailer offering a brand new copy for just $188. This is a concerted effort to charge you to the highest extent.

Notably, the textbook that I mailed back arrived to them today (8th), which is within the same week that they would have gotten it if the book had been mailed back by the due date. It is clear that there is little tolerance in their policy. I have been renting from Knetbooks for three years and all of my previous rentals were returned on time. My experiences before were fine. Had I understood that this book was due on the 2nd, my past history shows that it would have been sent back on time. As a student who supports myself and could not afford to lose $117 over an honest mistake, I will not be using Knetbooks again.

Rep reply posted Jun-19-2017

A rep from Knetbooks.com, Erin - Customer Service, has responded

“Good afternoon Marielle,

I'm sorry to learn your most recent experience with Knetbooks.com left you feeling upset and unsatisfied. In general, Knetbooks.com strives to make textbook rentals affordable. Before charging any customer, we send out a 14, 7, and 3 day email reminder of their approaching due date. In addition, we often send reminder text to those signed up for our SMS program. However, I do understand confusing the dates and sending the book back a couple days late. I've sent an email to your yahoo.com email address detailing our resolution.

Thank you for your time and business,

-Kate-”

2017-06-02

Good price and condition

"Slow delivery. Good condition and best price!"

“Good morning,
Thanks for the feedback! I’m pleased to know you received your book in good condition and at a good price. We’d like to make your next experience a positive one as well. I’ve sent an email to the address on file with a special offer and coupon inside!

I NEVER GOT MY TEXTBOOK, IT'S BEEN 3 WEEKS

"I was charged for a textbook that I never received in the mail >:( Never renting from you guys again. "

“Good morning,
At Knetbooks.com, we pride ourselves in delivering customer orders in a timely manner. I am saddened to read you have not received your item yet. I reviewed your tracking information and it appears as though the item has been delivered to your parcel locker. I understand this is frustrating to learn and will likely cause an inconvenience for you. I greatly apologize and hope we can resolve this situation promptly. I have sent an email to your gmail.com address containing possible solutions. Please read over this email and reply with your preferred solution. Again, we’re sorry this has happened and want to quickly resolve this problem.
Regards,

Great customer service!

"Competitive prices. They remind you when it's time to send back rentals. They have great customer service and they will work with you on issues. I got a 2 week extension without an additional charge. "

“Hello!
Those are wonderful words to hear! We’re pleased to learn you received great customer service and found competitive prices. We hope all your future orders with Knetbooks.com are as positive of an experience as this one. We’ve sent you an email to the address on file to show our appreciation!

2017-06-01

The worst experience for the best price

"I ordered my book May 22nd 2017 with expedited shipping and haven't even received my book as of 6/1/17. I did get an email confirmation for shipment Tuesday May 30th but still waiting! my class started May 30th and I'm unprepared.. so thank you Knetbooks. First time using this site and will definitely be the last."

“Hello,
I am sorry for any confusion or miscommunication that occurred while placing your order. I understand it is disappointing when expectations are not met. We want all of our customers to enjoy their experience shopping with Knetbooks.com. While we do carry thousands of books in stock at our warehouse, some items are only available through our suppliers upon request. We do advertise this as the availability of an item, listed below the price on the item details page. I want to ensure you have an accurate estimate on when you’ll receive your order and set clear expectations about our ordering process. I have sent an email to your yahoo.com address containing information on an in store credit that can be applied on your next order as our way of saying sorry. Further, I’ve included details on when to expect your order. Again, I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding and hope this email helps resolve your issue.

Wishing you the best this semester,

FranRoc's Avatar

2017-06-01

Bad deal. I've had better service at other book rental sites.

"Although I paid extra for quicker shipping, it took longer than expected for the textbook to arrive. My class got cancelled. So I sent back my book two days later thinking I'd get my full refund ($20) but instead Im being charged $9 just for shipping it back. I won't be recommending nor using this book rental site again."

“Good morning,
I am sorry to read it took longer than expected for your item to deliver. We understand that as students, our customers often face reading schedules or project deadlines that require their orders to arrive in a timely manner. We’d like to apologize for any inconvenience or stress this may have caused. In addition, we’ve reached out to you directly via email to address this situation in full. Pease check your yahoo.com account to view our complete response.

Never got my books

"It was awful since I was never able to get my books. Very disappointing."

“Good morning,
We regret to hear your most recent experience with Knetbooks.com did not go as well as you expected. After reviewing your order, it appears canceled due to an irregularity in your provided billing address information. While Knetbooks.com uses the latest software to protect all transactions, occasionally a minor discrepancy will cause the system to flag an order for cancellation. To further explain the situation, we have sent an email address to your gmail.com address. We greatly apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this may have caused.
Regards,

2017-05-31

Good

"It was good. My books got to my house quickly and they were in good condition "

“Good morning,
Thanks for the love! I’m pleased to know you received your books in good condition and quickly. We’d like to make your next experience a positive one as well. I’ve sent an email to the address on file with a special offer and coupon inside!

Awesome!

"Great service and prompt delivery , I got my book in time for class. "

“Good morning,
We appreciate the love! I’m happy to hear that you got your book in time for class. I have sent an email to the address on file with a coupon and special offer inside!

2017-05-31

Love that the prices are amazing and actually are manageable for a full time student

"Amazing and I live the prices"

“Hello!
Those are wonderful words to hear! We’re pleased to learn you found some good prices. We hope all your future orders with Knetbooks.com are as positive of an experience as this one. We’ve sent you an email to the address on file to show our appreciation!

Very nice experience!

"I rented a textbook to prepare for an upcoming exam and these guys have some of the best prices in the Internet. Although it said it was used, the book I rented arrived in PERFECT conditions, like new! Shipping was good and didn't have to wait too much. Definitely renting from them again!"

“Good morning,
We appreciate the love! I’m happy to hear that you found a good deal and received the book in good condition. We strive to provide our customers with a fast and easy way to rent and buy textbooks for all their semester needs. I have sent an email to the address on file with a coupon and special offer inside!

Good price, decent book.

"Needed a textbook, got it for cheap."

“Good morning,
Thanks for the love! I’m pleased to know you found your textbook cheap! We’d like to make your next experience a positive one as well. I’ve sent an email to the address on file with a special offer and coupon inside!

2017-05-30

Superbly excellent!!

"They gave me what I needed for a fabulous price, and it arrived perfectly on time. The book is in great shape, and they gave me great service!"

Rep reply posted May-31-2017

“Hello!
Those are wonderful words to hear! We’re pleased to learn you received great service! We hope all your future orders with us are as positive of an experience as this one. We’ve sent you an email to the address on file to show our appreciation!

2017-05-30

Textbook rental

"Book arrived quickly and was in good shape. Will use this firm again!
Carole

Rep reply posted May-31-2017

“Good morning,
We appreciate the love! I’m happy to hear that you received your books faster than you anticipated. We strive to provide our customers with a fast and easy way to rent and buy textbooks for all their semester needs. I have sent an email to the address on file with a coupon and special offer inside!

Share Knetbooks.com's store rating

Knetbooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Knetbooks.com is a merchant member
Knetbooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,378 merchant members.