Stores > Knetbooks.com

• Address: Lexington, Kentucky
    • Contact: eservice@knetbooks.com
    • Phone: Customer Service: 1-866-8
    • Customer Support: 1-866-870-9186
    • Business Hours: Ordering through www.Knetbooks.com is available 24/7. Customer Service by telephone: Monday through

Product & services pricing Rating 6.10/10 6.10/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 4.17/10 4.17/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.23/10 5.23/10
    Customer service: Rating 3.86/10 3.86/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.75/10 2.75/10

2016-02-09

misleading and unfair advertising

"I am writing this review as my last resort for communication with this company. I've tried to call them, no luck. Online Chat, automated responses to my inquires. Email, an automated response more than a week later, giving me no time to return the product.

well initially i was looking for a book with ISBN-13: 9781133608196 which was advertised for $15 or so. which is a good deal, but my professor told me to get the access lab as well, so i look for the bundle that has the following ISBN-13: 9781285939537, which at the time had a cost of $65, or so, I decided to get the bundle as i think the 50 dollar difference is justified by the access lab. To my surprise when i received the package Jan, 19. i only received a book in really bad shape. I called the company but they are closed for weather issues, and have the same problem for next 5 days. Then i started an online chat and i received automated answers to my inquiries and was not able to resolve my issue of false advertising. they claim that they do "give you notice" saying that the book may not have other access codes but is vague information, they charge you for the same product different prices, the bundle offer should be more clear and it should transfer your request to book only as that's what you are getting anyways. In order words i paid 65 for something that they advertised for 15, with the idea that i would get the access code for the extra 50 paid, and now that i want to return my product i have to pay 10% restocking fees plus the shipping. ohhhh but since i got the email response from them really late i had no time to return for a refund and i am stock with it.
I would like a complete refund and return this book immediately as i feel i was robbed from this company, and hopefully i don't get an automated answer again. FYI i have consulted with attorneys at my firm about the way your company displays information and products online.

I will update information about my case, and provide an email for other people with the same issue as me with this company or parent company Ecampus. to contact me and see what we can do

This review was modified by Luis07 on February 09 2016 09:39:51 AM
Rep reply posted Feb-09-2016

“Good afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience with us. I have sent an email to the address on file with an update regarding your order.

2016-01-28

NEVER RENT OR BUY FROM THIS COMPANY EVER!

"This company works in ways that completely disgust me! They do their best to take your money and their company makes so much money off from poor college students, I don't see how someone hasn't investigated them yet.
Since I had to extend my order on 12/21/15, I have been on the phone with their company 25 times and have only talked to a real person three times. Yesterday was the 3rd time after trying to contact them for at least a week. Their customer service is despicable, I wouldn't even call it customer service. You're on hold forever and most of the time they don't respond to your emails.
Do not ever buy a book from here because once you do they have your credit card on file and the second you are late with a book you don't even get charged a late fee or an extension fee, you get charged THE FULL PRICE of the book. They do not except returns they only offer store credit which is garbage if you ask me. So now I have this book that I don't need anymore but because I was late returning it they charged me full price and will not let me return it.
There are so many other better book companies to go with, AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!
You may save a little money with them now but later you will pay for it when they charge your card hundreds of dollars.
They also operate through ecampus.com, biggerbooks.com, sellbackbooks.com and obviously knetbooks.com. Avoid them all, you will regret renting from them it's not worth it.
Your company is garbage!

This review was modified by johnsd78 on January 28 2016 10:07:46 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-28-2016

2016-01-27

Shipping is awful!!!!!

"Paid for 5-7 business day shipping, didn't get my book until after 13 business days! That's over 2 weeks!!! When I asked them about it they sent me a coupon for $2 off when you spend $75. I am never ordering ANYTHING from Knetbooks ever again. Tell your friends, tell you kids, tell everyone. They are awful."

Rep reply posted Jan-27-2016

“Jason,

2016-01-27

Price gouging - is this legal?

"Not worth the risk. Rental cost $53 book was due 12/21. Daughter never got email as it was sent to me. I thought it was junk mail as I didn't rent the book. Charged my credit card $300 on 12/27. Sent book back following week. Credited my account $150 so I ended up paying late fee of $150. Shouldn't be able to charge more than cost of rental or they should disclose their late fees. I called and they offered to give $75 store rental credit. No skin off their back. I'm still out $150 on A $53 rental. It was back on their shelves 1/7 after shipping and processing. "

This review was modified by missmeliss on January 27 2016 05:59:22 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-27-2016

2016-01-21

Extra Costs on Vistas, 5th Ed, Student Edition w/ Supersite Plus Code (w/ WebSAM + vText)

"On 1/1/2016 I rented Vistas, 5th Ed, Student Edition w/ Supersite Plus Code (w/ WebSAM + vText) for my daughter's college Spanish class. Unfortunately the Supersite Code did not come with the rental. When I ordered the book there was info on the website-"Note: Supplemental material not guaranteed with Rental purchases". That apparently meant the Supersite Code. I called Cust Svc and was offered a "reduced" price for the code at $130! My daughter got for a $100 at school. Looking at the website today there is NO MENTION about Supplemental Material. I guessing that none of the books have the code and you will have to pay extra. It still can be less expensive renting, but they need to be up front with the extra costs."

This review was modified by Myron61 on January 21 2016 05:05:35 PM
Rep reply posted Jan-26-2016

“Good morning,

I am sorry to hear that you had a difficult experience. I have sent an email to the address on file with an update regarding your order.

2016-01-18

Buyer Beware (this company is a scam)

"I ordered a book from this company on the January 7th. As well as two others from another company. On the 14th I received my books from the other company and I assumed the other one was just a little late. The next day the mail ran but still no package. So I decided to track the package and it said the book had been delivered on the 13th to my mailbox. Which by the way, is not even big to house a school book. So I called USPS and they told me the same thing that it says online that it was delivered to my mailbox. I told them I had not received it and they advised me to call the company. I called the company and waited 15 minutes to connect to a representative just for the call to disconnect before anyone ever answered the line. So I sent an email from the website asking where my order was. it only took them about 5 or 10 minutes to respond. They also told me it had been delivered, and if I haven't received it to contact the USPS. I then told them that I had done this already and I was advised to call them. This time I did not get a response. My classes start on the 18th, so I decided not to wait any longer for a reply and I began an online chat. I was told that because the shipper has confirmed the delivery they only advise me to inquire further with my neighbors (already done) and the local USPS (already done). I called my coworker to tell them about it, and she tells me they did the same thing to her and her sister. She said they never received their books and the company was unwilling to help locate book. which is basically the same customer service I just recived. Horrible! Today is a holiday so i have to wait until tomorrow to call the post office. So now I don't have a book for school and i don't have the money to get another book. I'm reading these reviews about other customers money they have taken and I'm wishing I had never ordered from them. I wil be doing a you tube review on this because this is just ridiculous!"

This review was modified by Spiffypromo4 on January 18 2016 01:20:30 PM
Rep reply posted Jan-19-2016

2016-01-15

BUY THE BOOK INSTEAD!!

"DONT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rented a book from them, it was cheap like 30 total for the semester.

My school semester ended and literally about two days after it ends they require it to be shipped. I wasnt even aware that there was a deadline.

It turns out, their deadline is very strictly enforced. A week or so after I sent the book off, they charged my card $200. I thought that it was an error, they would process the book into their system and refund the amount. I waited.... a week. They didnt. I called they said they will refund 50% which is ridiculous. I ended up getting 75% refund of the damn fee. So they charged me $50 for the book being a few days late. THEY DONT MAKE THEIR DUE DATES CLEAR AND APPARENT. BEWARE!!!

This review was modified by mattlomax72 on January 15 2016 03:54:19 PM
Rep reply posted Jan-15-2016

“Good evening,

2016-01-08

"I recently rented a textbook with this company. The textbook was 6 days late, which I was not aware of. The only email I received was one telling me my card was charged $147 for the full amount of the book. I returned the book immediately. When I called customer service, I was told that they sent three emails advising of when it was due/late, which was not true. The only option is a 50% refund which is ridiculous. I am not awaiting a supervisor to call me."

This review was modified by bpete18 on January 08 2016 10:58:13 AM
Rep reply posted Jan-08-2016

2015-12-26

"Ordered several books from them and paid the absurd cost of one day shipping. Ordered books on a Friday, the order didn't even process until Monday. So much for one day.

When I tried to return all the books, I was told I was still missing one, despite it being included with the rest.

Screwed on the delivery and the return. I would not recommend this company to anyone trying to rent books. You will not get them in a timely manner and there will likely be problems. Stay away. Stay far away.

Rep reply posted Dec-28-2015

2015-11-02

"Never again will I rent a book from this company. I placed my order on Thursday and paid extra money for the 1 day shipping because I need this book ASAP. I emailed customer service asking for a tracking number to see the status of my order. They emailed me back saying there was shipping number because my order has not been sent yet. They stated it could take 3-5 business days to just process the order and that they are working on it but it may take another 2 days! I decided to call the number they provided to actually speak with someone about my order. A lady named LYNN answered and was beyond rude. I have seriously never experienced such horrible customer service. She basically told me oh well there is nothing they can do and to just wait or order it with someone else. I told her if I paid for 1 day shipping I'm expecting my order at least within 2 days. I asked to speak with someone else and she refused to transfer me to another customer service rep. I asked her for her bosses name and the first 2 times I asked she ignored me. She even had the nerve to tell me if I had nothing else to talk about then the conversation was done because there is nothing left for her to do. This drives me insane! Businesses should appreciate their customers. I'm paying extra to receive my book ASAP if I wanted to wait that long for a book then I wouldn't have paid for 1 day shipping. Never again will I go through this company! Please beware before ordering with them. "

Rep reply posted Nov-03-2015

2015-10-19

"Reasonable price, good quality, and it was fast to receive it "

Rep reply posted Oct-20-2015

“Good afternoon,

Thanks for the love! I am glad to hear that you had a positive experience. I have sent an email to the address on file with a little gift to use on your future order.

2015-10-16

"A totally useable book. Not for collectors but perfect for a struggling college student!"

Rep reply posted Oct-19-2015

2015-10-16

"I rented a book from you guys and was not made aware that we should keep the original packaging it came in to send it back. My book was too big first off, so it came in a box and had I been aware of keeping the packaging I would have done so. I sent the book back yesterday and UPS charged me 15 dollars for a box to send it back to you guys. I spoke to customer service and they said it was not their responsibility for the shipping package. The point of students trying to save money, is to avoid extra costs, which I had to pay for. I will never again rent from you guys."

2015-10-15

"It was affordable and reasonable. Ordering, paying, and shipping was fast and the book I received was in excellent condition. I would recommend Knetbooks.com to anyone who wants to rent or buy books for college. Thank you Knetbooks.com for making my life a lot easier!
Linda F.

2015-10-15

"So far it seems to be a great service!
Will continue to use in conjunction with Chegg and Bookrenter!

Share Knetbooks.com's store rating

Knetbooks.com is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Knetbooks.com is a merchant member
Knetbooks.com participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 2,638 merchant members.