Stores > Kmart

• Kmart

Product & services pricing Rating 3.50/10 3.50/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.67/10 1.67/10

"The "customer service" this company provides is so incompetent that I would never believe it if it had not happened to me. First, even though I have had a rewards card since it's inception, their web site would not allow me to establish an online membership. After 52 minutes (yes I timed it) of wasted time with online chat and them phone, a membership was finally established and the representative on the phone took my order. I had to convince her 3 times that I wanted to pick it up at the store that is only a few blocks from my house instead of having it delivered. We picked the order up, went out to eat, and unloaded our new Christmas tree when we got home. We then saw that it had clear lights and we wanted multi-colored. We called the store which we were just at, knowing that they had this same tree in stock, with the lights we wanted. They told us that we could NOT exchange trees and thet they could only refund our money. well, they problem with this is that the tree was priced $150 online, and $225 in the store! So. after all of this extreme aggravation, they will not let us get a tree that will be the exact same price in their ad in two days. We now have to spend time on Thanksgiving day to go to the store in the hope that they still have the tree in stock. This gross lack of any desire to satisfy an already abused customer was displayed at the Kmart in Marshalltown, Iowa. This is why you have to close stores. I will do what I can to resolve this one order and then not only will I never buy anything from Kmart again, I will make it my mission to let everyone I come in contact with to know how you treat people."

"On Oct 26th I ordered 3 sets of dinning chairs from Kmart.com (for Thanksgiving) and only received 2 sets. I called customer service and they said they would need 3-5 business days to contact the vendor and get it straightened out. After 6 business days I didn't receive and response. I called customer service again and was told they have sent two e-mails to the vendor and are still waiting for a response. I asked them if we could try calling them and getting it taken care and I was told we only send e-mails. I then asked if I could be refunded my money for the 1 set and would just go order it again. That way I wouldn't have to wait anymore. They said they could not do that until they have received a response from their vendor. I now have to wait another 3-5 business days. I order a lot of stuff on line and sometime things happen but I have never had a company treat me so poorly.

Kmart your policies for customer service are awful. I would not recommend ordering anything from Kmart. If it's not in the store don't get it from them. They care more about their vendors than they do about their customers. I will never buy anything from them again. I would rather pay more at one of their competitors and get better customer service than deal with them again.

This review was modified by Shop19 on November 17 2015 02:33:46 PM

"Found a treadmill I liked online at Kmart.com. Per the website, it was in stock at the local store. Called that Kmart (Annandale, VA) and verified that there were four in stock. Went online, purchased through Kmart.com. Big mistake. It took days and days (and multiple excuses from them) to finally receive an email that the item was not in stock at that store. This was after my credit card was charged. So I went to the store, spoke with a very nice assistant manager named Eric, bought the treadmill that I'd seen online directly from him and paid AGAIN!!
No problem with this Kmart store .. but Kmart.com is a waste of time, energy and money.

This review was modified by mkitmacher on November 13 2015 05:22:01 AM

"Seriously annoyed at this point! I ordered 2 halloween costumes for my kids, The order was processed, and my card was charged. I receive a email the next day saying that 1 of the costumes were out of stock so I would be receiving my refund. It has been almost a month and STILL NO REFUND! I call and keep getting the same things said to me and they "forwarded" my complaint to the higher corporate and still saying I was never charged when my bank confirmed that I was!

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ORDERING. From what I can see they just keep stealing money from people.

"After my order was placed, processed, credit card charged, tracking number was generated for the order, I get an email notifying me that it's out of stock? What the actual fuck? And why does the website still say that it's in stock? Then I ask about the time when it will be back in stock, the customer service guy tells me to keep checking the website. Well, if it was working the way it should I would have known that it's out of stock you bellend. So basically, I gave my credit card info away. Shame, I really liked the stuff I ordered. Dont buy from these idiots."

This review was modified by Mario19mtd on July 29 2015 01:31:27 PM

"NEVER PURCHASE ANY PLANTS OR FLOWERS FROM KMART! Nasty customer service management. Will not take refund or credits if they die. As walmart, home depot, and lowes will gladly refund you or exchange plants for ANY REASON FOR UP TO A YEAR, No wonder KMART claimed bankruptcy too bad they didn't close all stores on Long Island NY. I will never shop there again."

"I was about to place an online order at kmart.com & it occurred to me to check reviews online before placing my order, so I did, & to my surprise, I've never seen a store have soooo many negative reviews at sooo many review sites. Wow! I liked Kmart when we had one here in my city, so I thought I'd order from them online, but no way, not with so many negative reviews! I'm so glad I hadn't given them my card number before reading the massive numbers of negative reviews! I don't need that headache. Now I can take my dollars & enjoy them elsewhere, with less worries. Thanks so much for all the reviews ... they do help people make less purchasing mistakes."

"Had a good day at Kmart shopping sales after Christmas. The Selinsgrove PA store is clean and the staff is generally friendly (there is always one--you know...)."

"took kmart 8 days t inform me that my order was
not shipped out and had to be cancelled and reordered.3 days before christmas. never shopping at kmart.com
again. my lil girl gone be disappointed.

"Well apparently you can't depend on kmart to be costumer friendly!! We bought an item for our son for Christmas, it was delivered today and was the wrong item.we called customer service and were told we had to be charged for the item again and they would mail a return shipping label and once the item was received at the warehouse AND the correct item was in stock they would refund the second purchase and send the CORRECT item!! And Christmas is only 8 days away!! :( what customer service they have! Never Never buying from Kmart again! Spread the word about this horrible company and their procedures for their "valuable customers" as they say! Oh and to top it off they kept calling my wife justin when her name is Justine over 10 times!! Seriously!!!! "

This review was modified by jacksonsdaddy32712 on December 17 2014 06:32:34 PM

"So I thought when you put something in layaway (even online) it is supposed to be reserved for you! So not the case with Kmart.com. I ordered an Elsa doll for Makenna and yesterday I received an email saying that it was out of stock and was cancelled on the 4th of December even after I paid it off completely before the due date!!! It took them 7 days to notify me of this ! I am so irritated right now!!! I am never shopping Kmart.com again. This is utterly ridiculous!!! What was the point of putting it in layaway if they were going to take it away from you??"

This review was modified by JennuMoody1229 on December 12 2014 05:56:19 AM

"I had a simple question, asking if they had a product in the store. So I called them and was teansfered to 3 different people, after being on hold for 15 minutes. The third person put me on hold (yet again), I sat on hold for another 5 minutes before I hung up. I called back and asked to speak with a manager and was put on hold for another 10 minutes before I hung up and called back. I finally got trasfered to a manager who never once apologized and ended up putting me on hold for another 5 minutes to find out that they didn't have the product I wanted... The most horrible customer service I have ever gotten!! I will never ever give them my business!"

"I ordered two comforters for my twins birthday, I looked today at the status of my order and one of the comforters was cancelled!! I never received a cancellation email. I called and was told it was out of stock, if I had known that I would not of tried to buy it!!!! Now I'm out a gift for my kid who's b-day is this Friday, the money will not be returned for 3-5 business days( money I purposley set aside for her gift) . I'm really upset as I do ALOT of business with them, I even ignored all the bad reviews about Kmart due to the great business that I have had until now!!! This wouldn't be so upsetting if it wasn't my kids birthday , one of the comforters shoud be here today but now my poor girl is out a gift until I get my money back . I have even emailed Kmart ,after a call ofcourse, No response as of yet but I'm not to confident and they let me down on a very important order with the lack of communication and updating on their site !!!!"

This review was modified by Nikylynn on December 01 2014 10:54:46 AM

"Steals your money. Doesn't refund for orders not received. You will have to file a charge back to get your money back. Incompetent customer service that do not have basic arithmetic skills and do not consider sales tax as money that should be refunded.

I can't believe they're still in business.

"Ordered a kitchen cart, never got it and was asked to wait 8-10 days for a trace and promised a refund. Then asked 3-5 day for investigation team and will get a refund no question, then 5-7 days more for them to work things out. Then they asked for another 8-10 days for trace to complete. After all this, they said the first trace show item was delivered to me which I rechecked tracking and it shows still missing. Then they said they wont refund if second trace say the same thing, which they lied again. Then they asked for another 2 weeks wait for the second trace.

Originally I placed 2 orders for 2 kitchen carts. Both were delivered to the wrong locations. The first one the residents was honest and came knocking out doors, lent us his dolly and help moved it back already damaged. It had to be returned. They wanted me to carry the 102+lbs box to a UPS location. I told them I weight 85lbs, no way I can do that. After much time, they had the UPS came and pick that one up.

The second one, no one came knocking on our door. Now after many lies, both email and online chat, and by many reps (different names) they wont refund or provide where item is. Also lied even though there is still the tracking.

Bottom line: DO NO BUY FROM THEM!

This review was modified by swan20 on November 05 2014 06:21:37 PM

Share Kmart's store rating

Kmart is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Kmart is not a merchant member
Kmart does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!