Stores > Kmart

Product & services pricing Rating 3.75/10 3.75/10
    Chance of future purchase: Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
    Customer service: Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10
Voice your opinion! Review Kmart by clicking a star below.
2017-04-13

Horrible customer service

"Waited in line 45 min to return a 25 dollar item. Then was told it was 1 day after the cut off of 30 days. Hope they go out of business with these policies."

2017-04-12

Birthday Bracelet

"I was interested in purchasing a bracelet for my birthday. I did tons of research before my purchase because I wanted Gold only. My bracelet is now broken so I took it to a jeweler who then told me that my bracelet is not gold..I passed by the jewelry kiosk at the mall because I was not interested in any other metals. I have contacted the manager in the Williamsburg va store and I didn't even get a sincere apology after her agent blatantly lied to me. I asked a lot of questions before purchasing."

2017-04-03

Horrible customer service and unacceptable policies.

"I am very disappointed to your store return policies. My baby shower was two days ago and I received a stroller bought a Kmart by one of my husband’s guy friend. He bought the stroller cash and lost the receipt.
When I came to return the item in exchange for store credit they told me that if I didn’t have the receipt they couldn’t accept the stroller. This is the first TIME that I hear something like that for multinational retailer store as Kmart. It just doesn’t make sense to me (and I am sure many other people agreed) that you will not accept your merchandise back just because there is not a receipt when you can easily know if the actual item belongs to your store.
I am very disappointed, I am stuck with a stroller that I don’t like but I will certainly let everyone I know to not ever spend a dime at a Kmart store especially not on big/expensive items.
One more thing, while I was waiting for the issue to be resolved I noticed that there were more than five cashiers and lines were empty. Well, there is a reason why?? Kmart Team should trying to answer that why before you go out of business.

2016-12-20

Shop with care, but there's better service out there

"I shop only in store. But not as often anymore. Sometimes its a good go but others no smile, no customer service. Try to tabulate your bill total then before you fork out, don't be rushed, ask if you were double charged. The mini screen does not courtesy an item tally. Customer can barely see the cashier screen. I've been overcharged a one Kmart maybe, hopefully not, three times that I caught and knew of. Their 30 day cut off for return or exchange is really unacceptable. They have some nice finds at merciful prices but no one has ever apologized for avoidable errors. If they say "We hire Happy" then for Pete's sake Kmart, HIRE HAPPY!"

2016-11-11

Order on line while in store

"The worst experience. Trying to by a bike on line (we live a 1000 miles away) while the person we were buying it for was right there. They said that all we had to do was go on line and order it, pay for it and that the person would be able to take it home then as the bike was right there in their hands. We did all that and then it got hung up in the "system" and would have to wait for the order to be "processed" and "shipped" in three days. If we had known this we would have down Amazon Prime. Never again!! I would always use Amazon Prime to buy instead of stores"

Virginia, USA
2016-08-13

What a lousy experience

"If you want it quickly do not order online. They lost my order and it took a month to figure things out. On top of that I was just trying to get Joe Boxer socks for my husband and the online catalog did not list a size. I zoomed in on the picture and it showed the correct size so I ordered it, bad me!! It was way too large when it came. The closest Kmart is 45 miles away. I had to drive to exchange then because the catalog was not accurate. "

2016-07-29

I love shopping here

"great coupons. I love shopping online for quick delivery"

2016-07-07

Don;t bother looking at their coupons

"Only allow one in store coupon per transaction. Example - $8 off $40 purchase in the garden center. $4 off $30 in the shoe department. $5 off $30 in the toy department. You get to the register and find out that you're only allowed to use one of these "coupons" or in store specials. I will NEVER waste my time or money at a Kmart again. Now I know why they have so many stores closing!!"

2016-05-28

Awful products

"I've bought electronics from Kmart before that didn't last and this time I bought a fishing reel from them. It was a little over a month and the switch that should hold the line from going out became nonfunctional. I tried to return it but it's a few days past the month so there's nothing they could do but I was told maybe if I called the corporate office they might send me a new one. I called but was told there's nothing they could do. I spoke with the store manager also to no avail. I should have learned before not to shop there but sometimes you have to learn on your own the companies you can't trust. If they go out of business I think it serves them right. Target, on the other hand, really treats their customers very well. "

2016-05-18

No One Will Believe This One!

"I purchased a shirt from Kmart.com on April 19 2016. The shirt I received was damaged, it had a tear right in the front of the shirt. I had to return it to the UPS Store. About 3 weeks later I see that they have that same color shirt back in stock, and since I liked that color so much, I decided to order another one. I ordered it on May 10th and picked it up at Sears in St Cloud MN on Friday May 13th 2016. I get the box home and open it up, and what do I find? I find the exact same shirt that I had returned to them 3 weeks ago. I was extremely bent out of shape so I waited until the next day before I called them to ask what was going on and what they were going to do about it. They told me to return it to the Sears Store and they said that when I was ready to place another order with Kmart.com they would give me 10% for my trouble. So today I took the shirt back to Sears, only to be told that since I purchased it from Kmart I couldn't return it to Sears. I told him that I had just picked it up from Sears a few days ago and the customer service person on the phone told me I could bring it to the Sears Store. So this worthless customer service person makes a call to a manager and comes back and says yep it has to go back to Kmart.com. I asked him if he knew that the button for the Handicap doors didn't work? He said yeah I know. It's like what the hell you can't put a sign on it? And why can't I return it where I picked it up? I've been a very loyal customer to Sears and Kmart since 1980. Sears actually gave my wife and I our first credit card in 1981. I've been to several of their stores across the country during my 20 years in the Navy and the past 16 years here in Minnesota since I retired from the military. I've never been so disappointed in a store. I spent a lot of money over the years buying all Kenmore appliances and Craftsman Lawnmowers and Garden Tractors and Snowblowers. Well after I print out a return slip for this shirt I received twice and now return for the second time. I'm finally done with Sears and Sears.com and Kmart.com. I'll will now find other places to shop after dealing with people who care nothing about there customers. I guess I should have titled this I'm Done!

H Roettger
USN Retired

2016-05-01

HOrrible customer service

"At the Plaunfield store, in GR, MI, I want to purchase some candles which I have for the past year, the price was up x2, wow. I asked why the huge increase, she states , I don't know I never shop here, grrr I said your a representative of KMART its your job to find answer, please, relunctly she gets on here walk i.e. Talkie and says someone here wants to speak to a manager about the price increase of a candle, she replied they don't know either.

After she finished ringing me up he just glared at me, never said thank you. I said gee Reagan, this is the worst customer service .

Maybe it's her attitude and others like her is the reason Kmart is closing more stores. SAD

2016-04-04

LOUSY KMART / CUSTOMER SERVICE / MANAGERS

"STUPID PEOPLE WORKING AT KMART SPECIALLY THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE WORKING OUTSIDE U.S.! 3 ISSUES WITH MY ORDER, FIRST THEY SENT ME AN INCORRECT ITEM, SECOND I AM MISSING AN ORDER BUT I RECEIVED AN EMAIL THAT ALL ITEMS HAVE BEEN DELIVERED AND THIRD, A DEFECTIVE ITEM! I HAD TO SPEAK TO 5 PEOPLE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE TO FOLLOW UP AND STILL NOT SURE IF THEY WILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO MAKE IT RIGHT! WHAT A HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PEOPLE WORKING THERE INCLUDING THE MANAGERS! ALREADY SPOKE WITH THE MANAGERS AND STILL COULDNT FIX THE ISSUE! SERIOUSLY?!?

WILL NOT TRUST THIS STORE EVER AGAIN!

2016-02-27

Horrible Shopping Experience

"I have been K-Mart customer for over 10 years at store #3423 and have never received nor experienced such anhorrible treatment as I did last week. I drove over to this store because my mother wanted to shop here. My mother went into the store first and I told her I would meet her inside with my daughter. My daughter told me she needed to use the restroom before we meet up with my mom to shop. I went in the K-Mart walking towards the restroom with my daughter when all of a sudden my daughter and I were being chased by a man yelling out may I help you with something. I turned around and it was a K-Mart manager. I replied to him no sir I am bringing my daughter to the restroom. I turned back around and began walking to the restroom and he kept following me at the same speed I didn't realize he was still there until I entered the restroom and as turned around to shut the door he was standing there. Even after me and my daughter we're done using the restroom he was still standing outside the door. My daughter was petrified and asked to leave the store immediately. Upon leaving I asked an employee What there manager name is and was told it was Mr.Guy I have never been treated this way and all my years of shopping here and for that reason K-Mart has lost my business and I will make sure I tell everyone I know about the horrible treatment that my family and I received. "

2015-12-02

"So I placed an order and I used the 15% cyber discount plus I had $7.00 in redeemed points so I used that as well! Once the order was placed I doubled checked my prices for each item and the total! Well today I check my bank statement and I see extra charges from Kmart.com I called them they are refusing to have any issues with over charging and saying there is nothing they can do, so here I am making a review PLEASE PLEASE PEOPLE DONT ORDER FROM THEM OFFLINE THEY HAVE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY SONT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMER WHIHC EXPLAINS WHY SO MANY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS BECAUSE THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!! "

2015-12-01

"Ordered Amazon Fire bundle on Black Friday and order got cancelled due to item out of stock. Yet the website shows the item still in-stock and can be ordered but now at a higher price and now not able to use points given to me for Black Fri . Chatted with customer service and they said it's out of stock in my area and why it was cancelled and that it will be back in stock this weekend. So, why now just put it on back order and fulfill the order when it comes back in stock? Very poor website inventory control. Don't bother ordering anything unless you're okay with your orders getting cancelled. "

Share Kmart's store rating

Kmart is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Kmart is not a merchant member
Kmart does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!