Kmart Coupons
Write a review »
  • Rating 1.33/10 72 reviews

Kmart is not a merchant member
    Kmart does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!
  • Kmart contact information

Product & services pricing Rating 2.50/10 2.50/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"Do not buy from Kmart online! I bought three items for Christmas gifts from them, the first one that came was not the item I ordered at all, the second was but was not the style I ordered, the third never came! I'm still trying to get everything situated for them to find the item or replace it. The first item I had returned to the store 4 days ago and still have not returned my refund! I will never order fromthem again!"

modified review This review was modified by lira2010 on December 09 2013 01:50:02 PM

"this is only one order out of about 8.i buy and sell on ebay.i bought 5 of the snowman inflatable with a popcorn maker.and sold an addition al 7 on ebay.everyone recieved the wrong item.i am still in the process of recieving the items back.but trying to be a good seller i reordered all of the items and they again sent everyone the wrong items.also when i first purchased these items they were on sale.so i thought they would just replace the items.but kmart said i had to reorder these items pay the increased price and they would refund the difference(which i still have not gotten).the kmart.com customer service people have hung up on me more than once.and as mad as i am i did not say anything to be hung up on.i just tried to explain what was going on.i have tried to email the corporate office even,and the only response i have gotten is a copy and paste letter they send to everyone.they doot care about their customers one bitbottom line do not order anything from them,it is fine if you get the right product,but if you don't they do not care at all.they have over 600 complaints at www.consumer affairs.com if you do not want to take my word for it.i am trying to get a class action lawsuit filed if i can get enough people for it.if you want to order from them,save this post so you can be in it too."

modified review This review was modified by timgutilla on October 24 2013 03:56:15 PM
Rating 8/104/5

"Update: Kmart has resolved my complaint since I first wrote a review. Perhaps they are making improvements to their approach to customer service. I was issued a refund for the erroneously shipped item without having to return them to a store. In fact, I was told to keep the item which I've donated to Goodwill---I couldn't wear the shoes, and I'm sure someone will appreciate them.

I took a risk and spent the refund back at Kmart.com and they comp'ed the shipping charge on my new purchase. I'm pretty happy with how they handled my case. I hope others are able to get satisfactory responses to issues with Kmart.

My experience seem par for the course after seeing the other reviews. I ordered several items including a pair of shoes. They sent me some extra wide shoes; I ordered medium width. I doubled checked the product number in my order to be sure the error was not mine. The error was theirs.

I'm told the only option for exchange is to go to a physical store. They'll let me return them if I pay for the shipping.

I'm not going to pay these charges. They sent the wrong item. I do a lot of online shopping, and no decent online store requires the customer to pay to return items received in error. These days most online merchants will provide a return shipping label even when no error was made on their part.

Kmart has lost another customer. It's unfortunate that this company can't seem to figure it out.

modified review This review was modified by lritter67 on September 20 2013 06:33:00 PM

"My experience with K-mart was chaotic and still hasn't been resolved. I ordered an A/C Unit online and they told me it would arrive in two days. On the third day I called Kmart to ask what happened with my order and they said that the payment hasn't been processed yet so the unit hasn't been shipped yet. And it wont arrive for another 3-5 days. I told them just cancel the order and I would find some way to get an A/C from a physical location, which I did that same day. The next day I get a email saying that the A/C had been successfully shipped and had been received by the customer. Turns out they shipped it to the wrong address even after I canceled it. I called and they told me I had to go pick up the A/C from the location they shipped it to and bring back to the store if I wanted a refund.....Still haven't got a refund, next time I'll just use Walmart."

modified review This review was modified by DigitalConsumer87 on July 22 2013 10:39:18 AM

"I used to shop happily with Kmart and the associated businesses like Sears both online and off. Unfortunately, my recent experiences have permanently changed that. My last order placed, was not even showing as processed by the projected delivery date. When I inquired they told me it would take a week to figure out what was going on. I told them to cancel the order because I wouldn't be available to take delivery by the time they figured things out and corrected the issue. They ignored it. I then sent feedback to the website describing my experience. They replied saying that they would try to cancel my order, that I would receive notification if they were successful, but that if not, I'd have to return the items I would be unable to receive. Now the week is up and I have yet to receive any follow up on either the research they were supposedly doing or the status of my return request. I've had better luck buying products from dodgy Chinese e-retailers. Avoid dealing with these scammers."

modified review This review was modified by ith79x on May 17 2013 07:59:25 PM
NoRefund's Avatar
Bay Area
Rating 4/102/5

"Kmart is one of those stores that just could not turn the corner of the digital age. The digitization of items, the quick turn-around and flexibility of a well-designed online presence simply does not exist for Kmart. This is going to be a long review, so I'll give you the summary first:

I would strongly suggest to order from any other site rather than Kmart.com. If you are here because you already ordered and having problems with their customer service, the only thing I can offer you is my condolences.

Let me start here. On every RR review you are asked to give your order #, in Kmart's case this is like treading on one's corns. I talked to several Kmart employees both online and in-store and they could not even locate my invoice. I had the original invoice printed and the one that the product came with, nobody in the store could either- locate the product, locate UPC of the product, locate my invoice or locate my order by name and date. I was on hold on the phone for over an hour with the online store representative but even after that they could not even give me the right _information_ on how to return the item.
I have to mention that the actual store and on-line employees are very nice and polite, it seems like they are just heading a brick wall when it comes to Kmart's computer system and they are rendered useless as much as their are giving it their best effort, but still coming up with nothing.
The have apologizes numerous times to me, sent me to a UPS store (which was entirely NOT necessary since they sent the UPS to ME) then apologized again but issue is still not resolved. I am down $92 and nothing in the horizon exist to hint to me that this money will be refunded.

Website quality- I would describe the website as mediocre. It is not the worst I've seen, but also doesn't stand up to well managed sites, even in their own category such as Home-Depot or Sears. I don't really understand why Kmart site was not joined with Sears.com since the products are similar and similarly priced (the products on kmart are "on sale" in sears.com most of the times)
Product quality- The product sent by Kmart are actually good, they ship quickly and are as described (I make the safe assumption that the few 5-star ratings of this store due to this category tested in vacuum)
Customer service- Ohh, where do I begin? the inability to locate an invoice, the fact that they advertise that you can return to the store, but in many cases you cannot. The fact that the employees are overloaded with customers that have crazy demands and therefore they cannot deal with some of the reasonable requests coming from loyal customers... this list can go on and on. To read some other examples, just look at the various other reviews.

Bottom line is, if you plan on buying an item and you are 100% sure you will never want to return, question the price of the item even if it's defective- you may go ahead, but I will be darned if I can't say I warned you. PLEASE STAY AWAY.

EDIT: I am upgrading to 2 stars since I did eventually get the refund after 2 weeks and numerous emails to support.

modified review This review was modified by NoRefund on May 21 2013 10:45:05 AM
Rating 8/104/5

"i shop K-Mart on-line alot and i've always received my stuff always in a timely matter. I am very satisfied with the services from K-Mart"

"I ordered a couch from their online store over a month ago and still have not received it! I was told it would be here 2 weeks ago, and here I am still couchless. I have contacted their customer support several times, each represenitive gives me a different excuse.. and now they are ignoring me all together. They sure had no problem taking the 700.00 from my account.. would be nice if they were just as hasty at delivering the products.."

"I ordered 4 pair curtains and a matching rug for my kitchen on 2/24/13. They sent an email saying it was shipped. Tracking for UPS says that a label was made, and that's it. They never got the merchandise. Kmart customer service agrees that is correct. It has not 'technically' been shipped yet! Items were supposed to be delivered by March 4. My account online now says that it was delivered, however, the tracking still says that only a label was made. No package was ever shipped!! Calls/emails to customer service only result in being told to wait more time. They have my money and will not ship my items. The curtains are still listed on their site as available and ready to ship by Kmart. This is very misleading. Customer service told me that Kmart doesn't even ship these. A company in NY called 'Achim' ships them. I cannot get a credit back to my gift card until the items arrive, which they will not ever do, because so far, they refuse to ship my paid for order! I am getting more and more frustrated each day with their lack of assistance and will never, ever shop at Kmart or Sears online again. I am a very loyal Kmart shopper, but I am absolutely disgusted with their online inability. I have read many other complaints just like mine and if I had known this sooner, I would have never ordered online from them. If I did this to them, took money and didn't give them their items, they would have me arrested for theft. Ridiculous.
Update: After explaining today to customer service that I was out of patience and will not wait another 7 days, as they were requesting I do, a nice gentleman on the other end of the chat session returned my items and cancelled my order. I received two emails, one for the curtains and one for the rug, that was on the order, confirming this.. however.. since they were paid with a gift card, it says that I will have to wait 7-10 business days for them to reissue a new gift card to me. Let's hope their shipping of this is more timely than their shipping of their items. I will update to let everyone know if and when I ever receive the new gift card with my full refund on it.

modified review This review was modified by Scoopers804 on March 12 2013 06:33:00 PM
reacheldodson's Avatar
cary, nc
Rating 4/102/5

"Not very price competitive. Stores are cluttered and dirty. Employees feel uninvolved. I guess that's why they're failing. "

"Kmart sells the same product under 2 different item numbers. I purchased a 3.3 cu. ft. Kenmore compact refrigerator for $139.99 and after I purchased it I noticed it was on sale for $99.99. I contacted Kmart and since it was already shipped they had me go to put in a claim. First they said it was not the same product- that claim was False. Next they said it was "buyer beware" Finally they wrote back:
Thank you for contacting Kmart.com regarding your order number 461612827. I understand that you would like us to make the price adjustment for the compact refrigerator and also understand that you do not have the screen shot.
We regret to inform you that we are unable to make price adjustment for the item, we do honor the adjustment only for the same item number as well as same model number, as you have made your purchase for different item number, we are unable to honor your request.

"They cancelled an item I ordered over a month ago and never refunded the purchase. I tried writing and even calling to no avail. It was a small purchase paid with a combination of credit card and rewards. The customer agents on the phone are exceedingly friendly but we made little progress. Items in one order were also broken up into separate shipments from different locations. When I asked, one phone rep indicated they may be scrambling to find stock for orders. (This was purchased during the post-Christmas season.) The refund is for a small amount of money. However, customer service should count at any price level. While I may shop at my local Kmart, I doubt that I will shop with them online again."

"Got sent the wrong item because employees cant read sku numbers. They cant ship me the item i ordered i have to reorder it. But i still have not been credited my money from first purchase. I will be refunded in about 3my weeks. But if i reorder i wont be charged shipping again. WOW they are holding my 40.00 from the first order in which i got the completely wrong item and they want me to reorder and pay again. They said they cant just ship me what i ordered. I will never shop this horrible rip of company again"

"I have ordered from them 3 times and wont ever order from them again they cant get their crap straight and sent me wrong items and over charged me for items. I cant believe how retarded their system is. No wonder wal-mart is taking over the WORLD."

"i ordered stunt city playset on 12/17/12 and i received email 3 weeks later that my item was canceled because its out of stock!!! why does it take 3 weeks to see that its out of stock??? "