Stores > Kmart

• Kmart

Product & services pricing Rating 1.25/10 1.25/10

2016-05-28

Awful products

"I've bought electronics from Kmart before that didn't last and this time I bought a fishing reel from them. It was a little over a month and the switch that should hold the line from going out became nonfunctional. I tried to return it but it's a few days past the month so there's nothing they could do but I was told maybe if I called the corporate office they might send me a new one. I called but was told there's nothing they could do. I spoke with the store manager also to no avail. I should have learned before not to shop there but sometimes you have to learn on your own the companies you can't trust. If they go out of business I think it serves them right. Target, on the other hand, really treats their customers very well. "

2016-05-18

No One Will Believe This One!

"I purchased a shirt from Kmart.com on April 19 2016. The shirt I received was damaged, it had a tear right in the front of the shirt. I had to return it to the UPS Store. About 3 weeks later I see that they have that same color shirt back in stock, and since I liked that color so much, I decided to order another one. I ordered it on May 10th and picked it up at Sears in St Cloud MN on Friday May 13th 2016. I get the box home and open it up, and what do I find? I find the exact same shirt that I had returned to them 3 weeks ago. I was extremely bent out of shape so I waited until the next day before I called them to ask what was going on and what they were going to do about it. They told me to return it to the Sears Store and they said that when I was ready to place another order with Kmart.com they would give me 10% for my trouble. So today I took the shirt back to Sears, only to be told that since I purchased it from Kmart I couldn't return it to Sears. I told him that I had just picked it up from Sears a few days ago and the customer service person on the phone told me I could bring it to the Sears Store. So this worthless customer service person makes a call to a manager and comes back and says yep it has to go back to Kmart.com. I asked him if he knew that the button for the Handicap doors didn't work? He said yeah I know. It's like what the hell you can't put a sign on it? And why can't I return it where I picked it up? I've been a very loyal customer to Sears and Kmart since 1980. Sears actually gave my wife and I our first credit card in 1981. I've been to several of their stores across the country during my 20 years in the Navy and the past 16 years here in Minnesota since I retired from the military. I've never been so disappointed in a store. I spent a lot of money over the years buying all Kenmore appliances and Craftsman Lawnmowers and Garden Tractors and Snowblowers. Well after I print out a return slip for this shirt I received twice and now return for the second time. I'm finally done with Sears and Sears.com and Kmart.com. I'll will now find other places to shop after dealing with people who care nothing about there customers. I guess I should have titled this I'm Done!

H Roettger
USN Retired

This review was modified by USN_Retired on May 18 2016 02:23:07 PM

2016-05-01

HOrrible customer service

"At the Plaunfield store, in GR, MI, I want to purchase some candles which I have for the past year, the price was up x2, wow. I asked why the huge increase, she states , I don't know I never shop here, grrr I said your a representative of KMART its your job to find answer, please, relunctly she gets on here walk i.e. Talkie and says someone here wants to speak to a manager about the price increase of a candle, she replied they don't know either.

After she finished ringing me up he just glared at me, never said thank you. I said gee Reagan, this is the worst customer service .

Maybe it's her attitude and others like her is the reason Kmart is closing more stores. SAD

This review was modified by 2catshere on May 01 2016 11:10:25 AM

2016-04-04

LOUSY KMART / CUSTOMER SERVICE / MANAGERS

"STUPID PEOPLE WORKING AT KMART SPECIALLY THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE WORKING OUTSIDE U.S.! 3 ISSUES WITH MY ORDER, FIRST THEY SENT ME AN INCORRECT ITEM, SECOND I AM MISSING AN ORDER BUT I RECEIVED AN EMAIL THAT ALL ITEMS HAVE BEEN DELIVERED AND THIRD, A DEFECTIVE ITEM! I HAD TO SPEAK TO 5 PEOPLE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE TO FOLLOW UP AND STILL NOT SURE IF THEY WILL FINALLY BE ABLE TO MAKE IT RIGHT! WHAT A HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PEOPLE WORKING THERE INCLUDING THE MANAGERS! ALREADY SPOKE WITH THE MANAGERS AND STILL COULDNT FIX THE ISSUE! SERIOUSLY?!?

WILL NOT TRUST THIS STORE EVER AGAIN!

This review was modified by yrodenna on April 04 2016 05:33:35 PM

2016-02-27

Horrible Shopping Experience

"I have been K-Mart customer for over 10 years at store #3423 and have never received nor experienced such anhorrible treatment as I did last week. I drove over to this store because my mother wanted to shop here. My mother went into the store first and I told her I would meet her inside with my daughter. My daughter told me she needed to use the restroom before we meet up with my mom to shop. I went in the K-Mart walking towards the restroom with my daughter when all of a sudden my daughter and I were being chased by a man yelling out may I help you with something. I turned around and it was a K-Mart manager. I replied to him no sir I am bringing my daughter to the restroom. I turned back around and began walking to the restroom and he kept following me at the same speed I didn't realize he was still there until I entered the restroom and as turned around to shut the door he was standing there. Even after me and my daughter we're done using the restroom he was still standing outside the door. My daughter was petrified and asked to leave the store immediately. Upon leaving I asked an employee What there manager name is and was told it was Mr.Guy I have never been treated this way and all my years of shopping here and for that reason K-Mart has lost my business and I will make sure I tell everyone I know about the horrible treatment that my family and I received. "

This review was modified by Ratcliff on February 27 2016 03:51:11 PM

2015-12-02

"So I placed an order and I used the 15% cyber discount plus I had $7.00 in redeemed points so I used that as well! Once the order was placed I doubled checked my prices for each item and the total! Well today I check my bank statement and I see extra charges from Kmart.com I called them they are refusing to have any issues with over charging and saying there is nothing they can do, so here I am making a review PLEASE PLEASE PEOPLE DONT ORDER FROM THEM OFFLINE THEY HAVE HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY SONT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMER WHIHC EXPLAINS WHY SO MANY ARE OUT OF BUSINESS BECAUSE THEY ARE HORRIBLE!!!! "

This review was modified by HannahJackson on December 02 2015 08:20:54 AM

2015-12-01

"Ordered Amazon Fire bundle on Black Friday and order got cancelled due to item out of stock. Yet the website shows the item still in-stock and can be ordered but now at a higher price and now not able to use points given to me for Black Fri . Chatted with customer service and they said it's out of stock in my area and why it was cancelled and that it will be back in stock this weekend. So, why now just put it on back order and fulfill the order when it comes back in stock? Very poor website inventory control. Don't bother ordering anything unless you're okay with your orders getting cancelled. "

This review was modified by lonestar99 on December 01 2015 06:54:46 AM

2015-11-24

"The "customer service" this company provides is so incompetent that I would never believe it if it had not happened to me. First, even though I have had a rewards card since it's inception, their web site would not allow me to establish an online membership. After 52 minutes (yes I timed it) of wasted time with online chat and them phone, a membership was finally established and the representative on the phone took my order. I had to convince her 3 times that I wanted to pick it up at the store that is only a few blocks from my house instead of having it delivered. We picked the order up, went out to eat, and unloaded our new Christmas tree when we got home. We then saw that it had clear lights and we wanted multi-colored. We called the store which we were just at, knowing that they had this same tree in stock, with the lights we wanted. They told us that we could NOT exchange trees and thet they could only refund our money. well, they problem with this is that the tree was priced $150 online, and $225 in the store! So. after all of this extreme aggravation, they will not let us get a tree that will be the exact same price in their ad in two days. We now have to spend time on Thanksgiving day to go to the store in the hope that they still have the tree in stock. This gross lack of any desire to satisfy an already abused customer was displayed at the Kmart in Marshalltown, Iowa. This is why you have to close stores. I will do what I can to resolve this one order and then not only will I never buy anything from Kmart again, I will make it my mission to let everyone I come in contact with to know how you treat people."

2015-11-17

"On Oct 26th I ordered 3 sets of dinning chairs from Kmart.com (for Thanksgiving) and only received 2 sets. I called customer service and they said they would need 3-5 business days to contact the vendor and get it straightened out. After 6 business days I didn't receive and response. I called customer service again and was told they have sent two e-mails to the vendor and are still waiting for a response. I asked them if we could try calling them and getting it taken care and I was told we only send e-mails. I then asked if I could be refunded my money for the 1 set and would just go order it again. That way I wouldn't have to wait anymore. They said they could not do that until they have received a response from their vendor. I now have to wait another 3-5 business days. I order a lot of stuff on line and sometime things happen but I have never had a company treat me so poorly.

Kmart your policies for customer service are awful. I would not recommend ordering anything from Kmart. If it's not in the store don't get it from them. They care more about their vendors than they do about their customers. I will never buy anything from them again. I would rather pay more at one of their competitors and get better customer service than deal with them again.

This review was modified by Shop19 on November 17 2015 02:33:46 PM

2015-11-11

"Found a treadmill I liked online at Kmart.com. Per the website, it was in stock at the local store. Called that Kmart (Annandale, VA) and verified that there were four in stock. Went online, purchased through Kmart.com. Big mistake. It took days and days (and multiple excuses from them) to finally receive an email that the item was not in stock at that store. This was after my credit card was charged. So I went to the store, spoke with a very nice assistant manager named Eric, bought the treadmill that I'd seen online directly from him and paid AGAIN!!
No problem with this Kmart store .. but Kmart.com is a waste of time, energy and money.

This review was modified by mkitmacher on November 13 2015 05:22:01 AM

2015-11-02

"Seriously annoyed at this point! I ordered 2 halloween costumes for my kids, The order was processed, and my card was charged. I receive a email the next day saying that 1 of the costumes were out of stock so I would be receiving my refund. It has been almost a month and STILL NO REFUND! I call and keep getting the same things said to me and they "forwarded" my complaint to the higher corporate and still saying I was never charged when my bank confirmed that I was!

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ORDERING. From what I can see they just keep stealing money from people.

2015-07-29

"After my order was placed, processed, credit card charged, tracking number was generated for the order, I get an email notifying me that it's out of stock? What the actual fuck? And why does the website still say that it's in stock? Then I ask about the time when it will be back in stock, the customer service guy tells me to keep checking the website. Well, if it was working the way it should I would have known that it's out of stock you bellend. So basically, I gave my credit card info away. Shame, I really liked the stuff I ordered. Dont buy from these idiots."

This review was modified by Mario19mtd on July 29 2015 01:31:27 PM

2015-06-21

"NEVER PURCHASE ANY PLANTS OR FLOWERS FROM KMART! Nasty customer service management. Will not take refund or credits if they die. As walmart, home depot, and lowes will gladly refund you or exchange plants for ANY REASON FOR UP TO A YEAR, No wonder KMART claimed bankruptcy too bad they didn't close all stores on Long Island NY. I will never shop there again."

2015-04-17

"I was about to place an online order at kmart.com & it occurred to me to check reviews online before placing my order, so I did, & to my surprise, I've never seen a store have soooo many negative reviews at sooo many review sites. Wow! I liked Kmart when we had one here in my city, so I thought I'd order from them online, but no way, not with so many negative reviews! I'm so glad I hadn't given them my card number before reading the massive numbers of negative reviews! I don't need that headache. Now I can take my dollars & enjoy them elsewhere, with less worries. Thanks so much for all the reviews ... they do help people make less purchasing mistakes."

2014-12-26

"Had a good day at Kmart shopping sales after Christmas. The Selinsgrove PA store is clean and the staff is generally friendly (there is always one--you know...)."

Share Kmart's store rating

Kmart is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Kmart is not a merchant member
Kmart does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!