Stores > Kirin Hobby

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.73/10 3.73/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.22/10 2.22/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.85/10 2.85/10
Voice your opinion! Review Kirin Hobby by clicking a star below.

2017-08-21

Broken items with no response

"I ordered a $300 collectible figure which was received damaged in multiple places. Vendor has yet to respond to emails or answer the phone when calling. Site is easier to navigate and checking out is simple the vendor offers a lot of products, shame that I dont trust them and will have to order online with other sites."

2017-08-20

Overall Satisfied

"Product shipped and arrived in timely fashion, and in good quality. The website and communication process, confirmation emails had a dated appearance to them. Only suggestion would be to make updates visually to make things appear more official, and closer to a modern/material design style. Other than that, the product shipped and arrived in the time quoted and was in good condition and wrapped nicely."

2017-08-17

Too busy now I guess

"I've ordered from Kirin before. Previous orders I've ordered were okay, and I do recall speaking with their customer service on the phone before in the past. I guess that has changed now.....

I ordered a figure January 2017 and have YET to receive it. Since I've already paid for the item, I sent them an email asking for order status on July 31st, 2017 (17 days ago from today) and received an auto-reply "Due to the high volume of emails received, we currently have a backlog of messages, so we're not able to respond to everyone right away. Please allow for some time to respond. For immediate assistance, please contact Customer Support by phone (available 2-6pm PST Mon - Fri) 510-477-9103. Thank you for understanding! "

Today I called three times during their Customer Support hours (not reaching anyone) and finally left a voicemail requesting a return phone call.

I guess I am in limbo until I get a response. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to order from them again.

2017-08-13

They dont respond to emails and take a long time to meet order needs

"They are horrible about getting back to their customers. They also dont give accurate dates of when to expect orders. Products are great though. That much I will say"

2017-08-11

Too long. Zero customer service.

"The toy came in good condition but took way to long. No one replied to calls for emails."

2017-08-10

Pretty good

"I got it so ya know that was pretty good"

2017-08-09

Horrible honestly feel scamed

"I bought a doll on 7/21/17 and it's now 8/9/17 and haven't gotten it . It said to give 9 days for shipping and 3 days for processing. I spent 50 dollars on this doll fory 2 year old. I will NEVER buy off this site off again."

Excellent experience!

"It arrived in time for my grandson's birthday!"

2017-08-08

Cheap but dont be in a hurry

"I pre ordered product so i wasnt expecting to get it duper quick. However several months after the product was released i still had no update on my order. Once i did receive an email about my order status being changed from pre order to processing due to the item ariving. It then took a week for the item to be marked shipped. Then a week for item to arrive. To be clear i never tried to contact them due to other revies on thier customee service. Over all 2 out of five because i got what i wanted cheaper than anywhere else that had the same item. Just dont be in a hurry for anything. What you save in money you spend in time."

Awesome shop

"Love everything about Kirin hobby! All 3 items came packed with bubble wrap and as expected. "

Great company

"Good customer service and prompt delivery."

Leisurely

"The price of the product was average, so no complaint there. Products can hauled-up elsewhere and all.
The shipping was free—which is nice—but the tracking was 'preparing shipping label' until it skipped straight to 'out for delivery', which finally happened on the 9th day of their 2-9 business day delivery time estimate. I was worried if I should contact them for a week or so, but decided to wait out the whole estimate (which proved to be right). Granted that can be UPSP's fault, so it's not counted against them.
The preorder item took an entire month past their estimated arrival date (which in turn was past the original sale date) to ship, without them ever updating the product information to show the delay. Their estimated processing time of 1-3 business days took two more business days than estimated as well.
The product itself arrived in excellent quality with decent packing.

So overall, they're uninformative and slow, but got the job done eventually with no actual issue.
Never actually tried to communicate with them, so I can't remark on that area.
The slow part might not be an issue with in-stock items as well.

2017-08-03

Excellent service

"Great service. Excellent packaging. Answered all my questions in a timely manor. "

2017-08-02

I waited over a month just to hear back from customer service?!

"I waited over a month just to hear back from customer service... and I STILL got nothing! Lol. No one via phone OR email OR facebook.

I wanted to cancel 2 preorders that Kirin Hobby still had not recieved the shipment for. The items were still listed as Preorders. So I contacted them on June 24th, 2014. I sent emails, left voicemail, wrote fb comments (which they have NOW deleted...either that or I am now blocked from their fb page and can not see anything...I can not comment on their posts anymore either to give fellow customers an update on my experience), sent them a fb message (which they never read), and I got nothing back for weeks. Mind you, no holiday was going on.

I finally opened a dispute with my bank on July 10th, after I emailed Kirin Hobby warning them, and left a voicemail warning them and got no response from them. Nothing happened. It was a waiting game for pretty much all of July.

Now, today, August 3rd 2017, I decided to check my KH account to see if the products had finally been canceled. They had been canceled, on July 28th with a comment "dispute received". ...That's it. That little comment was all I got from them. I'm STILL getting their email newsletters which I've TRIED to unsubscribe from, but they could not send me a reason why they'd been absolutely unresponsive OR an apology?

I can't really give them another chance after this experience... I've already found a better "fish in the sea" so there's really no reason to.

2017-08-02

5 star seller!!

"Great prices, fast and secure shipping! Highly recommended seller!!"

Share Kirin Hobby's store rating

Kirin Hobby is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Kirin Hobby is a merchant member
Kirin Hobby participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,381 merchant members.