Stores > Kirin Hobby

Chance of future purchase: Rating 3.40/10 3.40/10
    Shipping & packaging: Rating 4.27/10 4.27/10
    Customer service: Rating 2.21/10 2.21/10
    Return/Replacement policy: Rating 2.58/10 2.58/10
Voice your opinion! Review Kirin Hobby by clicking a star below.
2017-10-10

They'll take your money fast, but don't expect a refund when you cancel an item.

"Preordered an item with Kirin Hobby and cancelled. It took 3 emails to cancel (as I had gotten the item elsewhere as a gift while Kirin Hobby still listed the item as an unavailable pre-order). This was back in late August. They had agreed to refund me my money and I am STILL waiting for my refund. They've not responded to subsequent emails, or to inquiries from the Better Business Bureau. (Spoiler alert: They're not BBB-accredited, although they have an F rating on the site due to numerous other similar complaints.) Still working with my bank to get my money back and also filed a complaint with the FTC. Taking money and either not shipping items or not refunding cancelled orders after agreeing to do so seems to be a common issue with Kirin Hobby on the web. "

2017-10-06

No Refund Provided for Return Merchandise

"I contacted Kirin Hobby and returned my unopened merchandise the same day that it arrived. However, the company never responded to my email or provided a refund. I had to dispute the charge with my credit card company in order to get my money back, and the case took four months to resolve. I will never do business with Kirin Hobby again, and I advise others to steer clear of the company as well."

2017-09-25

Horrible Experience

"I pre-ordered an item as a groomsmen gift that was set to release in July, and then July passed, and I checked and it had been changed to August, and then August passed, and now September has 5 days left! I attempted contacting them in August, but have not heard back. I will not be using this site again!"

2017-09-12

Poor communication

"I have had several orders with Kirin hobby in the past, and though slow, they have always gotten the item to me eventually. In January, I made an order with two preorders set to come out in July and august, and a figure that was listed as "in stock" but turned out to be on back order. After 6 months of them not getting and more of the backordered figure in, I emailed them to cancel the figure. I received an email back that my order had been changed and was processing. However, they never refunded me the money on the backordered figure. I have been emailing and calling them since the beginning of august and have received no reply. In addition, my preorders, which were supposed to have been released, still are listed as preorders and have not come in. Very very disappointed and will never buy from this site again."

2017-08-21

Broken items with no response

"I ordered a $300 collectible figure which was received damaged in multiple places. Vendor has yet to respond to emails or answer the phone when calling. Site is easier to navigate and checking out is simple the vendor offers a lot of products, shame that I dont trust them and will have to order online with other sites."

2017-08-20

Overall Satisfied

"Product shipped and arrived in timely fashion, and in good quality. The website and communication process, confirmation emails had a dated appearance to them. Only suggestion would be to make updates visually to make things appear more official, and closer to a modern/material design style. Other than that, the product shipped and arrived in the time quoted and was in good condition and wrapped nicely."

2017-08-17

Too busy now I guess

"I've ordered from Kirin before. Previous orders I've ordered were okay, and I do recall speaking with their customer service on the phone before in the past. I guess that has changed now.....

I ordered a figure January 2017 and have YET to receive it. Since I've already paid for the item, I sent them an email asking for order status on July 31st, 2017 (17 days ago from today) and received an auto-reply "Due to the high volume of emails received, we currently have a backlog of messages, so we're not able to respond to everyone right away. Please allow for some time to respond. For immediate assistance, please contact Customer Support by phone (available 2-6pm PST Mon - Fri) 510-477-9103. Thank you for understanding! "

Today I called three times during their Customer Support hours (not reaching anyone) and finally left a voicemail requesting a return phone call.

I guess I am in limbo until I get a response. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to order from them again.

2017-08-13

They dont respond to emails and take a long time to meet order needs

"They are horrible about getting back to their customers. They also dont give accurate dates of when to expect orders. Products are great though. That much I will say"

2017-08-11

Too long. Zero customer service.

"The toy came in good condition but took way to long. No one replied to calls for emails."

2017-08-10

Pretty good

"I got it so ya know that was pretty good"

2017-08-09

Horrible honestly feel scamed

"I bought a doll on 7/21/17 and it's now 8/9/17 and haven't gotten it . It said to give 9 days for shipping and 3 days for processing. I spent 50 dollars on this doll fory 2 year old. I will NEVER buy off this site off again."

Excellent experience!

"It arrived in time for my grandson's birthday!"

2017-08-08

Cheap but dont be in a hurry

"I pre ordered product so i wasnt expecting to get it duper quick. However several months after the product was released i still had no update on my order. Once i did receive an email about my order status being changed from pre order to processing due to the item ariving. It then took a week for the item to be marked shipped. Then a week for item to arrive. To be clear i never tried to contact them due to other revies on thier customee service. Over all 2 out of five because i got what i wanted cheaper than anywhere else that had the same item. Just dont be in a hurry for anything. What you save in money you spend in time."

Awesome shop

"Love everything about Kirin hobby! All 3 items came packed with bubble wrap and as expected. "

Great company

"Good customer service and prompt delivery."

Share Kirin Hobby's store rating

Kirin Hobby is a Merchant Member! Learn more

Kirin Hobby is a merchant member
Kirin Hobby participates as a Merchant Member, monitors feedback, and resolves issues. See all 3,441 merchant members.