Product & services pricing Rating 5.00/10 5.00/10

"I ordered a jogging suit for my son for Xmas and it was too big. When I returned it I filled out the back of the shipping invoice requesting an exchange of the same item for a smaller size. A week later I got an email saying they are processing my return and will send me an email once it's been processed. Three weeks later and no email I called them to find out the status and they told me they had issued a refund minus $7.99 shipping and $7.50 return shipping. They said they could not do an exchange b/c it was paid w/Paypal. Now if I want to buy the same item (which was on sale for 60% off when I bought it) I would have to pay full price plus another $7.99 shipping. So I think I'll stop while I'm negative $15.50 w/no item rather than pay $23.50 shipping for a $34.99 item. "

modified review This review was modified by MariaHa on January 29 2014 04:42:51 PM

"On Oct. 16 I placed order an order for 4 Henley shirts, at $23 each with 10% off the highest item. The order came to $103.69. Before the order was even delivered, a new email advertisement was received on Oct. 23 offering the same shirts for $16.99 each, with 50% off the highest item. Had I placed the order on Oct. 23, it would have cost $32.24 less.

Pursuant to Kingsize Direct "satisfaction guarantee", I filed a complaint on Oct. 23, seeking a refund of the difference credited back to my VISA. That afternoon I received reply from one "Gerardo Chacon" from Customer Support, requesting the item number of the Henley shirts. I replied within the hour and have not heard from Customer Support since.

The morning of Nov. 5, I filed complaint again. Late in the afternoon, I received response from one "Alfonso Avedician" who apologized and said they'd honor the $16.99 price, but could not change the coupon code in the system.

To date, I have not received the partial refund on my VISA.

It is also worth noting that the morning of Nov. 3, I noticed KingSize Direct had changed the item number for the Henley shirts I ordered. Their email advertisements do not list item numbers, but simply link to the web page for the items advertised. Whether the item number change is in response to my complaint(s), I don't know. Changing the item numbers does prevent comparison of the 2 email advertisement offers.

For the record, KingSize Direct's guarantee reads:

"Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed"

"Your Satisfaction is Guaranteed. If, for any reason, you're not satisfied with your purchase, simply return it within 90 days of receipt for an exchange, or refund of the purchase amount, less the shipping & handling charges. After 90 days, we'll be happy to send a merchandise credit to you for the purchase amount, less the shipping & handling charges. Please note: we cannot reimburse monogramming or alteration charges ?if monogrammed shirts or finished pants are returned."

Their guarantee isn't worth the paper it's written on.

I will not buy from them again and have opted out of their email advertisements. Now if I could only make them stop sending catalogs.

modified review This review was modified by Snard on November 10 2013 10:16:58 AM

"I am living overseas in an Asian country where clothing is virtually impossible to buy, if you are a large sized man. Shoe sizes max out about 2 inches TOO SHORT, a mens MEDIUM is about the largest shirt size on any rack...
(and forget about looking for pants in B/M stores...)
So I have been buying almost all my clothing on the Internet.
Months ago, I ordered a couple of 2XL Tall shirts from KingSize Direct. The quality of the shirts seemed OK, and I liked the way they fit. Only problem is, the first time I washed them they shrunk to about size Medium regular. It is not worth it to try to return them, as it is not worth my time and effort.
But what really bothers me is that KingSize keeps sending me catalogs THAT I HAVE TO PAY TO DISPOSE OF.
I NEVER sign up for a mailing list. I always send (repeated) requests to be removed from mailing lists.
Considering the cost of the catalogs I never asked for, that I have to pay to dispose of...
Ordering from Kingsize Direct was an expensive mistake. Oh, and how many times do I have to request to be removed from their mailing list before I will ACTUALLY be removed from their mailing list???

Stay Away...Stay Far Away...

"BUY FROM KINGSIZE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!!!!!!

What a pathetic way you do business. I ordered from them electronically, paid electronically and they confirmed both my order and shipment electronically. Now when I want to return the merchandise (because after one washing the banded bottom shirts loose their elasticity) they want to send the RMA by mail which they said will take 4-10 days. What a crock of crap!

Their banded bottom shirts suck. The elastic band at the bottom does not retain it's elasticity after (1) washing. I have (3) more shirts I ordered before I wash the other shirt and now that I see how it did I told them I will refuse the othere order on its way to me. Their shipping costs are outrageous considering it takes 2 weeks to even receive an order. The whole company policy towards customer satisfaction is shameful.

I found out now that when I return an item that is defective that I have to pay $7.50 that will be deducted from my refund, even though it is their item that is crap.

Here is there policy on refunds:

CREDITS & REFUNDS: Once your package has been processed, your refund check will be issued the same week, or a credit will be issued immediately to your original method of payment less shipping and handling charges. For credit card orders, please allow 1-2 billing statements for your credit to appear.

Return Charges: Please remember that the $7.50 return fee will be deducted from your refund or gift card.

Are they serious? 1-2 billing statements for the credit to show up. It did not take them that long to take my money when I ordered. It is there way of having people give up. Many will not even remember in 1 or 2 months that they have a refund coming and thereby letting Kingsize keep their money.

"I've purchased from King Size for years, and was glad to see more name brand clothing available. Prices are high, but coupon codes and promotions bring cost down to being fair. However also beware of something I've run into since my original posting of this review...

Often the discount codes that show up at checkout DO NOT show up on the bill. That's right! You check out at one price, and when the bill arrives, you are charged full price -and calling them does not help. They will not adjust your account.

Then there is an issue with their return policy. When making a return, you pay both ways - your shipping and handling is not refunded, and you pay shipping back to them. Now if a return was a matter of not liking the product, that's understandable depending on the real reason for the return. However if the item is defective, tagged wrong, or any other reason beyond the customers mistake - you still pay both ways.

In my instance, I ordered several Carhartt and Berne hoodies for winter wear. These run one size larger than marked for layering. 1 of the Carhartt hoodies is tagged wrong - not their problem.. I am out shipping both ways.

Overall when dealing with King Size Direct, be careful. Their name brand offerings are high in price, but their constant discount codes help greatly... just be sure to print your order when you place it and be prepared to fight with customer service. Also be prepared to eat shipping costs if anything is wrong regardless of why.

modified review This review was modified by thekidrocks on January 02 2013 07:20:22 PM

"I tried to order from these people, and it was nothing but frustration. Their salesman, Rudy, was mostly interested in getting my address, which I would not give him. All I wanted to do was ask for the item number of a short sleeve, button down collar, one pocket, solid color dress shirt. He directed me to several different shirts, none of which matched my request. Each time he sounded amazed that I still wanted a button down collar, or short sleeves, etc. After 15 minutes of trying to get directed to one shirt that matched my description, I just told him to never mind, I'd shop elsewhere. He was still asking for my address, and I'm relieved I didn't give it to him. I'd hate to have that catalog coming to my house if their "customer service" people can't figure out the difference between button down collars and point collars."

"Done. Check mate, done. Over. Shirt came with a cut in it. This was the 1st order. Second time: Shirt was sent incorrectly. Would not send a new shirt, correct shirt, which was short in supply, unless I paid for it again! It was their mistake. For the price savings, which is slim, shop elsewhere."

"Did an order for my hubby because this place is a lot cheaper than casual male xl. I used an express shipping coupon, paying full retail for a shirt and a belt which came out to about 60. Their "express" is a joke. "Express" for KSD is processing your order for about 3 days, and then using UPS 3-Day. Hardly an express delivery. I put my order in on Feb 7, and I should be receiving it on the 14th. They are so sneaky.. I used a pretty much worthless coupon so I could get it earlier, and I couldn't use any %off coupon code since I used the one for free EXPRESS shipping, and I pay retail and get NO express service LOL This place is a joke."

"Just awful... order placed 1/13..on 1/25 asked where it was, they said would be shipped on 1/27. On 2/1 asked where it was, told another 30 days..

Hey kingsizedirect bozos...here is a concept - if there is a delay, how about sending an email to the customer?

"I ordered a jacket 1/04 and i have a catalog with free express shipping(expires 2/04) i used it. Today(1/20) it still hasn't shipped so i called them and told them my issue, they said i would get it in 10 days but they would charge $10 for shipping however i mentioned the express coupon and then they said i couldn't get it till 2/05 and the coupon would've expired by then. Overall I'm extremely disappointed. I will never place an order here again."

"I've been ordering from them for years. Unfortunately in the past 2 or 3 years service, quality, and everything else about them has gone to hell.

Facts:
Even when they make a mistake and send the wrong size you end up paying for the mistake.
They do not answer emails in a timely manner if at all.
The quality of their clothes vs the price is insane.
Their clothes will rip out, have loose stitching, have hanging strings, be the absolute wrong size.
Wrong size you ask? A recent order of a pair of mens pants in size 68 came with a 68 label however when measured according to their size chart and every other one the pants were in fact a 62. That's just unacceptable.

"Good clothes at a good price...on those rare occasions where they ACTUALLY HAVE what their catalog says they're SUPPOSED TO have! Only reason I bother with them at all is because when they actually deliver on an item, I've been quite satisfied with the product. But then there's the frustration of always having 75% of what I order come up "no longer available" even if I order the day the catalog arrived in the mail! If they're not willing to be bothered with keeping an inventory larger than will fit in a walk in closet, then they shouldn't advertise all this great stuff that they never have when you try to order it. Thanks to all the frustration, I concur with everyone else's one-star rating."

"I have been a KingSize customer for many years and I have steadily seen the quality of their merchandise drop. My last, (and final) order was placed 14 days before I was to leave on a Florida vacation. I specifically ordered items that were listed as in stock so that they would arrive in time for me to use them. Fully 1/3 of the order turned out to be backordered. strike one. All The tank tops I ordered shrank fully two sizes from comfortable to tube top. These were 20$ tank tops! strike two. I took the time to e-mail them and explain my dissatisfaction and got an automated message with a link to the return console on their website. There was a link for additional communication but it doesn't work! By the way, their return policy is for you to pay return shipping and when they get around to checking it in you may get a credit. Strike three.

For anyone reading this I would heartily recommend that you shop elsewhere. If anyone at king size can read this, shame on your company. Here is a customer looking for a reason not to stop doing business with you and the best you can muster is an automated response and a long wait on hold. The only recourse I have is to post a review on the WWW. Here you go.

In fairness, I ordered some champion brand merchandise and it is fine quality and decent price. I am less than impressed with the quality of any of the KingSize brand merchandise I purchased. Cheap materials, crooked seams, marginal fit. It's pretty big (until you wash it) and that's about it.

"Buyer beware! Cheap quality and items very big. My son is 6'5 and the sweats and swimshorts I ordered were way too long. I returned 2 items and realized that they charged me for shipping both ways so im out $14!"

"I am extremly disappointed with kingsize direct I placed a order and never received it. I was told i would receive a credit for it and then be rebilled for a new order. She placed new order in and charged me for it but of coause they did not give me the credit for the order i was to receive. They flat out lied to me. Beware when placing a order with them you may not receive on because they do not send ups only mail and don't track it so you know what happened to it. Then they won't return money right away"

KingSize Direct is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

KingSize Direct is not a merchant member
KingSize Direct does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!