"BUYER BEWARE!!!! This place will take your money and if your watch doesn't work or something goes wrong, you will NEVER hear from them again or get in touch with them. I bought a watch from them in New York for my husband as a Christmas present. When he opened the present, the watch did not work. I couldn't get in touch with them and sent it back to where they told me to (on this sheet of paper given with purchase). I sent it to the P. O. Box and still never heard from them or have gotten my watch back after multiple attempts of emailing (no phone number). I contacted my credit card company who is now disputing the charge and my credit card company has refunded my money. I suggest this is what you do if you have been through the same thing with these scammers!"

modified review This review was modified by LaurenSM on March 19 2013 09:49:40 PM

"Like the other reviewer here, I experienced ZERO customer service. Unfortunately unlike him, I had already made a purchase and was unable to resolve the problem due to their complete lack of any kind of response.

I ordered a couple of watches from them around Valentine's Day last year and received both of them. They do make nice looking, unique products.

I had no problem with mine but the ladies' watch turned my girlfriend's skin green. I emailed them THREE TIMES regarding an R.A. and tried to find a phone number. I finally sent the watch back to their P.O. box and they simply refused it, leaving me with a watch she cannot wear.

I would have been inclined to do more business with them if they weren't so completely devoid of any kind of customer service - I mean ZERO response to anything via email, phone or snail mail. What a terrible shame that someone who makes such nice things has no regard whatsoever for their customers.

I would definitely not buy anything from them no matter how pretty it is - if there is a problem, you're screwed.

"Zero Customer Service

Kapadesigns is an internet-based jewelry business located in Brooklyn, NY that also operates through Etsy. They have a storefront website, kapadesigns.com which provides an email address but no telephone number. There is a one year warranty on their products and, to be fair, they seem to make fairly decent stuff.

I say "seem to" because I bought a watch for my girlfriend that she hasn't been able to wear yet. It requires some minor adjustments to make it fit and, with a vendor that apparently refuses to communicate after taking your money, this hasn't yet been possible.

Last month, I found an item I liked on their website and sent a short email asking for an additional photo or two to get a better idea of size and scale. The message went unanswered and, after contacting them a second time about a week later, the reply I eventually got back said "these are the only photos I have." The end.

Not much of a first impression but, after seeing them advertise that they'd be selling at the local Christmas market here in Union Square, I decided to give them a second chance in person. This is where I bought the watch.

Again, to be fair, the watch looks nice and the only problem with it is with fit. Should be a simple fix, so I contacted them again - and again received no reply.

Over the past three weeks, I've reached out to the owner of this company four different times through email, Etsy's own messaging system and by leaving a voice mail on a number obtained through my credit card company. None have been answered.

I'm a big believer in the benefit of the doubt and will rarely write a negative review but, after three weeks with zero response from a company running an online "business", this seems only fair. Could be a case of simple negligence or something more but, either way, there isn't much value in having a warranty if you won't even communicate with your customers.

If we eventually hear back from them with a reasonable explanation, I'll update this review. Until then, if you require any form of customer service, I'd take my money elsewhere.

Kaisa and Paternoster Designs is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

Kaisa and Paternoster Designs is not a merchant member
Kaisa and Paternoster Designs does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!