"I've had 2 orders with them and both have been fine. Prompt shipping and got what I ordered. Also packaged well and at least they offer USPS shipping that doesn't cost an arm and a leg unlike UPS or FedEx Ground.

It seems reading the other reviews here that their customer service sucks, but I haven't had to deal with them.

"HORRIBLE COMPANY AND POLICY PROCEDURE. Stay away. Paul Osbourne of K&J Magnets is the absolute worst at customer service. I cant believe a company would even employ a person with such weak social skills and inability to service clients. I have cut all ties with this company after a shipping incident that involved price gouging on a $1000.00 order. When I questioned the order , they refunded the part of the order rather then honor the shipping flat rate fee U.S.P.S offers. They want to add fees in there pocket with fedex or UPS. They have a email mailing with a coupon that is useless when the shipping fee is astronomical ,when they refuse to let you use Flat rate tracking insured US Postal Service.
I wish I read a review before getting involved with this rude arrogant Paul Osbourne . Please learn for my mistake and stay away. You will loose with their spiteful staff and insidious customer service.

modified review This review was modified by Clientservices on March 25 2013 12:48:08 PM

"Rude. My order got lost. Zero customer service. Their rep hung up on me. Find your magnets elsewhere."

"My entire order was like $8 for magnets and $5 for shipping. When I got it, the two thinnest magnets were cracked in half. I sent an email explaining the situation with a picture, and then asking for them to just replace them with a cheaper, thicker magnet that would hopefully stand up to the trip. I got a form response saying they weren't responsible for any damage after it left their facility. I responded saying that this was a simple fix and that I paid for four magnets and they shouldn't be fine with two showing up broken. And then I was ignored for a couple of days, so I finally sent another saying if they either didn't refund or replace, I would be disputing charges and negatively review them everywhere I could. Finally I got a response saying they were refunding the $1 cost of the actual magnets (but not shipping) that they very plainly blamed me for breaking. I will still be disputing charges and will never use these guys again. Worst retail experience of my life."

"I was looking for some strong magnets for a project at home when I found this company. Pricing was good, so we placed our order. The 12 magnets arrived with one of them broken into 3 pieces(they were sold as 6 pair). I contacted the company to see if they could replace just the single magnet (half of the pair), which retailed for under $2. They told me the magnets are brittle by nature, and are inspected prior to shipping, so they're not responsible one they leave their facility. Horrible customer service, easily breakable products, & total apathy make this a horrible company in my book. Buy somewhere else!"

"It's unbelievable that a company would charge you a $100 restocking fee when you have spent thousands at this company and mistakenly order the wrong product when your purchasing agent is out of town. Extremely poor customer service, they do not want to take order over the phone, which is understandable but would be nice when help is needed. Called a new company and they do not have such a policy, I've placed my last order at K & J Magnetics."

"Back in late 2011, I ordered 13 items totaling $135.16 plus $9.54 shipping. A box arrived from this seller but I did not open the box right away. I opened the box when I had time during Christmas shutdown. Everything was fine except one $6.00 item was absent even though it was included in the packing list. I explained this to them in an e-mail. They wrote back saying that such claims must be made in 3 days. I wrote back saying 3 days somewhat unworkable. For example, a package may arrive on Monday and the wife receives it but I might be on business trip until Saturday. They never responded to the second e-mail."

"I had ordered from K&J once before with no problems at all. My second time however, was a much nastier experience. I ordered 500 magnets that were to be used to hang photographs at an art show in early June. The order was placed May 14, what one would think is more than enough time to receive this package by end of May/beginning of June. I received an e-mail from K&J the next day saying my magnets had been shipped. After a week, I had tracked the package on USPS.com and watched it go from the city of its intended destination further and further away until it was half way across the country.

At this point I contacted K&J to tell them I thought the package had been labeled incorrectly, as no delivery attempt had been made (the shipping address is a retail store open from 9-9, so there is no way the package would have been missed) and now the package was 1,000 miles away. I was told via e-mail that there was nothing K&J could do, it was the problem with the USPS and if the package wasn't headed to the right place, it would be returned to them by the 31st. I replied saying this was unacceptable and at that point, the magnets would be useless to me.

I was offered no help or advice as to what could be done. So I decided to wait a few more days and see if the package would arrive after all. After two weeks had gone by, the package seemed to be heading back to K&J so I called them this time, explained the situation, and again was told (by an extremely rude customer service rep) that there was nothing they could do, this was a problem with the USPS and not them. After badgering him for a while longer, he did offer the solution of K&J contacting the USPS and filing a claim with them. Which he said he could not do on the phone and I would need to e-mail them to have this done.

The next day we found out from the USPS that the package had been returned to K&J so I called back, asking if it was possible to cancel the original order and place a new one and have it over nighted. I found out that K&J wasn't even aware that my package had been returned to them, and then was told even if I placed a new order, they wouldn't ship it until the following Tuesday (the call was on a Friday with Monday being a holiday). Again, this was going to get the magnets to us too late.

Extremely frustrated with the lack of solutions, I said I just wanted to cancel the order. At this point, I was told that this couldn't be done over the phone and I had to e-mail them to cancel the order...which I did, I just found it odd they can't/refused to do this over the phone.

I understand it is not K&J's fault if the package was lost in the mail. However, the reason I am leaving this negative review is because of the lack of solutions they offered and the outright disrespect I was treated with when I tried to resolve this issue. I will never order from K&J again. I found a company Magcraft that has the same magnets for much cheaper and would ship the same product the same day I ordered it when K&J refused to do this even though my order with them had been lost for over two weeks. I would stay away from K&J at all costs.

"Excellent quality. Great packaging. Fast shipping. Bought several different shapes, sizes, and strengths. Each separately well packaged. Arrived in excellent condition. All magnets separated by plastic inserts greatly facilitating separation. Additionally, their online calculator is extremely useful and accurate predicting performance. Found especially useful the ability to calculate strength (3 pull- or push-force cases to choose from) as a function of separation distance, not just direct contact. Using non-metallic spacers, it's possible find many, many ways to achieve just the right desired force. Definitely recommend and will buy again."

"I was very disappointed with this company and will not be doing business with them again.

I called them on the phone to request assistance with choosing magnets and spent half an hour discussing my needs with them before making a purchase based on their professional feedback. The magnets I received in the mail ended up being far short of the strength needed that I'd described to the salesperson (it ended up taking FOUR of their magnets to provide the strength of what I'd been told would be accomplished with one). I felt that they should have accepted (at least) some of the responsibility for this transaction-gone-wrong but instead held firm to their $10 or 20% (whichever is greater) restocking fee (and I was hoping to exchange, not return). For my order being a total of $23.50 before shipping, it was unreasonable in my opinion for me to pay $10 solely for the privilege of exchanging the magnets that they had personally recommended to me (not including any of the shipping charges). K&J Magnetics was unwilling to accommodate any of my requests for amendment to their policies even after their faulty advice was given.

On top of all that, their magnets are far more brittle than other companies' similar magnet products that I've worked with for over 20 years.

"I was very disappointed in the neodymium magnets. We they arrived, I could not even get them apart without 4 out of 10 of them chipping on me. The company refused to return them, saying, "The magnets are not defective, they are brittle by nature and can easily be chipped and broken." However, on the web site, they tout the strength of their coating of these magnets, " Our nickel plated magnets are actually triple plated with layers of nickel, copper, and nickel again. This triple coating makes our magnets much more durable than the more common single nickel plated magnets." For the $ 40 I spent on these (product + shipping), don't waste your money!!"

"I was very pleased with the ordering process.Product arrived in time and perfect condition."

K&J Magnetics is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

K&J Magnetics is not a merchant member
K&J Magnetics does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!