Stores > K&J Magnetics
  • K&J Magnetics

Voice your opinion! Review K&J Magnetics by clicking a star below.
2017-07-24

They are nice but take zero responcibility. Their email responce included below.

"I ordered 12 magnets from this company and 1 single magnet arrived chipped. I emailed them the day it arrived asking for an exchange. Their response email is included below. Needless to say I will not be ordering from them ever again.

"Chris,

Thank you for your recent order. Neodymium magnets are brittle by nature and can easily be chipped and broken. All orders are manually picked, inspected, and packed prior to shipping. Because the magnets are easily damaged, we cannot be responsible for damage that occurs after they leave our facilities.

Best Regards,
Paul Osbourne
K&J Magnetics, Inc.
www.kjmagnetics.com"

2017-06-26

Like everyone else is saying, terrible customer service

"I can't even get magnets sent to me as my card got flagged since the billing and shipping are both different. Fine. So I sent an email with half the info they requested, but told them I would not give them the rest (CC number) over email. So I called as soon as I sent the email. They got my info and told me they would verify, but Paul already decided to cancel the order because I didn't give him the info over the phone, they tells me it's my problem. If you are a business, go elsewhere. These guys are only going to cause you grief at any given step. Also, they already charged my CC, so for them to wonder if it's fraudulent without even sending the product but still charging is hardly up to them, but my bank. "

2017-05-15

Poor customer service

"Very poor customer service, wanted them to work out for geographical convenience but similar companies I have used in the past have led to inifinitely better experiences."

2016-08-19

Terrible Customer Service Some Broken Magnets

"Some Magnets were broken upon arrival. They don't package them well enough or make the package fragile. They take no responsibility and then want me to file a claim with FedEx. Terrible Customer Service. I am amazed they are still in business. I tried to pull up my old order by email and order number and they deleted it. Buyer Beware."

2016-08-10

Unhappy with their service

"I am very disappointed with their service. I recently bought $35 worth of magnets, the parcel was not delivered and returned back to the sender. I provided them with my phone number right after the purchase and no one got in touch to let me know that the apartment number was missing (what's the point of giving the phone number then?). Save yourself money, they might have fancy stuff at a convenient price but it will be a waste of money (got a partial refund where I paid for the return shipping and I did not even have an official cost breakdown nor a receipt from UPS) and time."

2016-01-02

"I recently purchased 2 small magnets from this company and when the arrived they were both badly damaged. I understand these magnets are fragile but I received them already damaged. I of course emailed the company to make them aware and I received this response:
Hi,

Best Regards,
Paul Osbourne
K&J Magnetics, Inc.
www.kjmagnetics.com

You would think any reputable company would take care of an issue like this especially when the magnets only cost $5. BUYER BEWARE!

2015-12-09

"This company does not allow you to speak with them on the phone. They do not have a customer service team. There is only one email address used by the entire company. They do not issue credit or refunds for damaged items, even if it's a few dollars.

This is not a company that gets a few bad reviews because of some flukes... they are consistently terrible in all aspects.

I have no doubt in my mind that if any other magnet supplier made a web site as easy to use as K & J, well then K & J would be out of business.

It is a huge red flag for me when a company spreads only negativity and cares nothing about customers. It really speaks to their lack of quality, lack of customer care, and most likely a lack of happy employees considering that the three I spoke with were all completely miserable and unwilling to discuss issues regarding customer satisfaction.

Run away. Pay more somewhere else. At least you will know you can call that other supplier in order to fix any issues and you can safely assume that the other companies will have a customer service team.

2015-11-30

"Their customer service mishandled my order, then cancelled it, then told me to go re-do everything myself.

It forced me to look for other providers. Try Applied Magnetics at http://www.magnet4less.com/ They are MUCH cheaper than K&J and have a similar catalog.

2015-01-12

"The internet is chock-full of unusual companies promising magnets of amazing power. I chose K&J for what appears to be immensely superior technical quality, despite reading bad reviews in advance, and was not disappointed. I received exactly what I ordered very quickly, in a carefully-packed box with more than enough padding, and was even more impressed with the magnets in person than when I was reading the specs. I don't doubt K&J's specs at all, whereas I'm inclined to believe some other companies cite misleading data (e.g. residual flux density instead of the practical surface field): if it sounds too good to be true...

I think reviews often tend toward the negative, because it's natural to want to complain about bad experiences, so I felt like I should throw a very satisfied voice into the mix. Admittedly, I didn't have to interact with their customer service, but shouldn't that be the norm? I'd guess many perfectly satisfied customers haven't written reviews. Certainly nothing about my experience would dissuade me from ordering from K&J again. I've marked "high-priced" on the survey, but that deserves qualification: you get what you pay for.

2014-10-16

"I feel I must add my voice here, as nearly all others here seem upset only because they do not understand the product.

I've been a customer of K&J for several years, and quite a few orders of varying size.

They sell Neodymium magnets. Those are EXTREMELY, EXTREMELY (READ: EXTREMELY) fragile by nature. Period. The triple-plating put on them by K&J DOES increase their resistance to chipping/shattering quite a bit compared to single-plate, as they said. (compared to other businesses' magnets; just anec dotal here.)

That being said, the magnets are very strong, and IF PROPERLY HANDLED don't shatter or chip. They're not toys, they're tools. (And rather expensive tools by weight).

I've never had an issue with the company, their shipping, their products, or their prices.

Keep in mind when reading other reviews here that you are hearing from people who CLEARLY know nothing about these magnets or their brittle nature. Fools are as bad as those reviewing on Newegg.

2014-09-30

"I needed a supplier for strong magnets for my company. I decided to try K&J, BIG MISTAKE. On my trial order, 2/20 magnets broke on contact with metal surface. They were not misused or mishandled. When I called for the replacements, I was told "sorry we can't help you". K&J is a garbage company with garbage product and should not be bought from."

2014-09-16

"Placed an order for two small magnets at a cost of about $2 per magnet. Package arrived in a timely fashion, but I was away from the office for a week, so I could not inspect the order until I returned. When I did, I noticed that one of the magnets was missing, even though the Invoice had both PNs listed. I double checked with the receiving dept. to ensure that the package did indeed only contain the one magnet, and they confirmed. I contacted K&J Magnetics via email and received a response from Paul Osbourne who referenced the following policy: "All orders are double checked before shipping to ensure that all ordered items are included and correct. In the rare case that you receive an incomplete or incorrect order, you must notify us within 2 days of receiving your shipment." They will not be replacing the missing magnet (a whole whopping $2 worth). Stay away from this company if you value customer service."

2014-04-10

"I've had 2 orders with them and both have been fine. Prompt shipping and got what I ordered. Also packaged well and at least they offer USPS shipping that doesn't cost an arm and a leg unlike UPS or FedEx Ground.

It seems reading the other reviews here that their customer service sucks, but I haven't had to deal with them.

2013-03-25

"HORRIBLE COMPANY AND POLICY PROCEDURE. Stay away. Paul Osbourne of K&J Magnets is the absolute worst at customer service. I cant believe a company would even employ a person with such weak social skills and inability to service clients. I have cut all ties with this company after a shipping incident that involved price gouging on a $1000.00 order. When I questioned the order , they refunded the part of the order rather then honor the shipping flat rate fee U.S.P.S offers. They want to add fees in there pocket with fedex or UPS. They have a email mailing with a coupon that is useless when the shipping fee is astronomical ,when they refuse to let you use Flat rate tracking insured US Postal Service.
I wish I read a review before getting involved with this rude arrogant Paul Osbourne . Please learn for my mistake and stay away. You will loose with their spiteful staff and insidious customer service.

2013-03-22

"Rude. My order got lost. Zero customer service. Their rep hung up on me. Find your magnets elsewhere."

Share K&J Magnetics's store rating

K&J Magnetics is not a merchant member. If you're this merchant, learn more!

K&J Magnetics is not a merchant member
K&J Magnetics does NOT participate at ResellerRatings to monitor feedback and resolve your issues. Are you this merchant? Learn more about the Merchant Member Program!